PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Biden makes Palin look like a rocket scientist

petegz28
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM
WASHINGTON Vice President Joe Biden asked for God's blessing for the late mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen during a White House celebration of St. Patrick's Day except the elderly lady is very much alive.

"God rest her soul," Biden said Wednesday night as he introduced Cowen and President Barack Obama. He quickly caught himself and noted that it's Cowen's father who is no longer living. Of the prime minister's mother, Biden said, "God bless her soul."

Biden then cited the Irish proverb that "a silent mouth is sweet to hear" and yielded the podium to the president.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hFNcC7dde6DREm6fdWhjfr3cqCDwD9EGNS980

petegz28
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Maybe he should have wrote a note to himself on his hand that the guy's mother was still alive?

Garcia Bronco
03-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Biden: Dan Quayle Two
This Time It's Personal

fan4ever
03-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Biden: Dan Quayle Two
This Time It's Personal

By the time Obama's term is over Dan Quayle (and Sarah Palin) are going to look like Rhode Scholars in comparison.

Amnorix
03-18-2010, 11:53 AM
:rolleyes: This isn't much compared to Bush's many open mouth, insert foot moments...

"I'm telling you there's an enemy that would like to attack America, Americans, again. There just is. That's the reality of the world. And I wish him all the very best." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

Taco John
03-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah after 8 years of Bush, I'm not affected much by gaffes that Biden makes.

Amnorix
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Yeah after 8 years of Bush, I'm not affected much by gaffes that Biden makes.

Love him or hate him, there's no denying he had a special talent for saying really dumb things at times.

Flipping through some quotes, here's one that really puts Biden's gaffe into perspective.

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

fan4ever
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
:rolleyes: This isn't much compared to Bush's many open mouth, insert foot moments...

Yeah, but like you mentioned to me in another post...it's only been one year...and he had a host of them even during the campaign...remember "Stand up Joe..."?

Amnorix
03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah, but like you mentioned to me in another post...it's only been one year...and he had a host of them even during the campaign...remember "Stand up Joe..."?

Look, anyone that speaks as often as these guys is going ot have plenty of idiotic looking moments. But Bush was so "good" at them they got their own moniker -- Bushisms. His are freakng epic. How does "Stand up Joe" compare to "Gynecologists aren't able to practice their ......love.....with women across America"?

And what could really compare with: "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?"

petegz28
03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Look, anyone that speaks as often as these guys is going ot have plenty of idiotic looking moments. But Bush was so "good" at them they got their own moniker -- Bushisms. His are freakng epic. How does "Stand up Joe" compare to "Gynecologists aren't able to practice their ......love.....with women across America"?

And what could really compare with: "Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?"

57 States
CorPSman

need I go on?

fan4ever
03-18-2010, 12:42 PM

Now see? If you were a little more intellectually honest you might have said "Yeah, Biden's been pretty embarrassing, but...." and finished your point...but no; defend despite the evidence.

Whoops; just edited this...you did acknowledge Biden's gafffs...kudos to you!

fan4ever
03-18-2010, 12:45 PM
57 States
CorPSman

need I go on?

Bush's gaffs were stupid but certainly got more air time than these got because, well...Obama's a genius.

Amnorix
03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Now see? If you were a little more intellectually honest you might have said "Yeah, Biden's been pretty embarrassing, but...." and finished your point...but no; defend despite the evidence.

Whoops; just edited this...you did acknowledge Biden's gafffs...kudos to you!

Sure, Biden's had some. More than he rates, perhaps, being a national politician of long standing. But like I said, ANYBODY who speaks as often as these guys is going to have some less than stellar moments. It's inevitable.

fan4ever
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Sure, Biden's had some. More than he rates, perhaps, being a national politician of long standing. But like I said, ANYBODY who speaks as often as these guys is going to have some less than stellar moments. It's inevitable.

Absolutely.