PDA

View Full Version : Obama Kucinich's wife gets job working for Michelle Obama?

petegz28
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
I just heard this. I will try for a link but it sure does shed some light on how Kucinich went from a "firm no" to a yes in an hour's time.

cookster50
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Hope and change, baby. Hope and change.

HonestChieffan
03-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Whore. Just one more Whore.

HonestChieffan
03-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Hope and change, baby. Hope and change.

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/uploads/reagan-billboard-520.jpg

The Rick
03-18-2010, 04:56 PM
It's almost as if they don't even care anymore what the people think. I think it's called arrogance.

Saul Good
03-18-2010, 05:56 PM
It's almost as if they don't even care anymore what the people think. I think it's called arrogance.

Hubris

petegz28
03-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Ok, to update this a bit, Kucinich's wife is now working with Michelle Obama on her "If you eat Vegan you will lose weight" campaign.

HonestChieffan
03-18-2010, 06:35 PM
yup....just happened...

Mr. Flopnuts
03-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Ok, to update this a bit, Kucinich's wife is now working with Michelle Obama on her "If you eat Vegan you will lose weight" campaign.

Moving into the war on fatties? It's about time. Smokers have been pushed to their absolute limits. I'll be interested to see how this one turns out. There are a lot more fat asses than cigarette smokers out there.

The fat ass smokers are going to start flying planes into buildings though. I mean, they're fucked anyway. Why not?

BigOlChiefsfan
03-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Hey c'mon. You know that (http://jordanhoffman.com/2007/04/27/2692/)SOMEBODY has to design those boob-belt dresses.

penchief
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM

So you're claiming this job is tit for fat?

petegz28
03-19-2010, 10:25 AM
So you're claiming this job is tit for fat?

Well lets read the tea leaves, pen. Kucinich was a firm "no". After an hour or so with Obama he switches to a "yes" and suddenly his wife is connected at the hip with Michelle Obama.

penchief
03-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Well lets read the tea leaves, pen. Kucinich was a firm "no". After an hour or so with Obama he switches to a "yes" and suddenly his wife is connected at the hip with Michelle Obama.

Read my post again.

petegz28
03-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Read my post again.

LOL, ok I missed that. I thought you said tit-for tat. My bad. That was a good one.

orange
03-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Which "job" are you talking about? The job Elizabeth Kucinich has had since October for PCRM?

NEWS RELEASE
Oct. 29, 2009

Elizabeth Kucinich Joins PCRM as Director of Public Affairs
Policy Expert will Campaign for Chimpanzee Protection and Healthy School Lunches

WASHINGTON—Policy expert Elizabeth Kucinich, a longtime human rights advocate and animal-protection champion, is joining the staff of the nonprofit Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). As PCRM’s director of public affairs, Mrs. Kucinich will raise awareness about the importance of healthful diets, preventive medicine, and higher standards for ethics and effectiveness in research.

BucEyedPea
03-19-2010, 10:45 AM
So orange, as Jay Leno asked: "What is Kucinich a 7 year old boy who can change his mind by getting an airplane ride?"

I wanna know if that's a job working with Michelle though. Wasn't that the claim?

orange
03-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Elizabeth Kucinich And PCRM Have Plant-Based Plan For Obama’s Let’s Move Initiative
Filed under: food & drink, green and famous, politics — Michael Parrish DuDell @ 12:29 pm

February 16th 2010

http://www.ecorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Untitled-12.jpg

Michelle Obama is getting sick and tired of childhood obesity and thinks you should be, too.

To combat this growing epidemic, Obama recently unveiled the “Let’s Move” plan — an initiative that includes educating parents, encouraging young people to exercise more and improving school lunches. The administration is requesting $10 billion over the next ten years through the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act to improve the National School Lunch and Breakfast program.

Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) nutritionist Kathryn Strong and director of Public Affairs Elizabeth Kucinich are in favor of the additional funding and have their own ideas about the best way to make American children healthier.

Strong suggests one huge step the government could make towards a healthier future is to cut subsidies to the meat and dairy industries.

Kucinich agrees and thinks it’s crucial to “incentive healthy foods,” and focus on the quality of the meals served in cafeterias. “What is the cost to the nation if we don’t [consider it]?” she said.

Here at the Razz, we’re crazy about PCRM and think they’re on the right track to making America healthier. To learn more about their important work, visit PCRM.org!

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2010/02/16/elizabeth-kucinich-and-pcrm-have-plant-based-plan-for-obamas-lets-move-initiative/

BucEyedPea
03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
So obesity is the federal govts business now? Where's that in the Constitution.

Calcountry
Well FUG AN O.

orange
So orange, as Jay Leno asked: "What is Kucinich a 7 year old boy who can change his mind by getting an airplane ride?"

I wanna know if that's a job working with Michelle though. Wasn't that the claim?

You want to re-type your quote? It makes no sense. [edit] Okay, a comma after "Kucinich" is all that's missing. My response is "you do know that's a joke, right?"

As for "working with Michelle," E. Kucinich has been doing so since Feb. 16. As posted on ecorazzi.com.

Calcountry
03-19-2010, 10:48 AM
So obesity is the federal govts business now? Where's that in the Constitution.It was DEEMED as much by the most merciful wizard of O.

orange
03-19-2010, 10:48 AM

School lunches.

And it's not literally typed out in the Constitution.

And nobody cares.

BucEyedPea
03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
School lunches.

And nobody cares.

Nobody cares about the Federal govt getting involved in obesity?
Nope, I care and there are more like me.

Calcountry
03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
School lunches.

And nobody cares.I care you self absorbed elitist piece of shit.

orange
03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I care you self absorbed elitist piece of shit.

Like I said, nobody.

penchief
03-19-2010, 10:54 AM

They kinda should have input when it comes to the nutritional values of school lunch programs in public schools. I understand that your ideology believes that private entities like Taco Bell and Pepsi should be running our schools but I'm not sure I agree.

orange
03-19-2010, 10:58 AM
... And I'm still waiting to hear about this new, cushy job that Elizabeth Kucinich got on the plane ride.

HonestChieffan
03-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Michelle looks like shes got a bit of a problem following her around...

Hydrae
03-19-2010, 11:19 AM

These are the wives of federal employees, not the people running the country themselves. What are they supposed to do, sit around and look pretty on election day?

I see no issue here as long as this is not directly tied to Kucinich's change of heart regarding his vote.

Hydrae
03-19-2010, 11:21 AM
They kinda should have input when it comes to the nutritional values of school lunch programs in public schools. I understand that your ideology believes that private entities like Taco Bell and Pepsi should be running our schools but I'm not sure I agree.

No, this is something that is and should be handled at the state level. I know there are changed going on here in Texas related to school lunches and the nutritional content. There is no need for this (or many, many other things) to be directed from the federal level.

BucEyedPea
03-19-2010, 11:22 AM
These are the wives of federal employees, not the people running the country themselves. What are they supposed to do, sit around and look pretty on election day?

I see no issue here as long as this is not directly tied to Kucinich's change of heart regarding his vote.

Just giving him a hard time.

penchief
03-19-2010, 12:14 PM
No, this is something that is and should be handled at the state level. I know there are changed going on here in Texas related to school lunches and the nutritional content. There is no need for this (or many, many other things) to be directed from the federal level.

I don't disagree. I just disagree with the premise that government (state or federal) has no input in the nutritional value of school lunch programs that taxpayers are funding.

BucEyedPea
03-19-2010, 12:26 PM
I don't disagree. I just disagree with the premise that government (state or federal) has no input in the nutritional value of school lunch programs that taxpayers are funding.

Maybe it should be the local parents in conjunction with their local school working it together like a community would instead of the state apparatus?

bsp4444
03-19-2010, 12:29 PM

How big a deal was it when Arnold was one of the "1000 points of light" and championed fitness in the schools? It's not as big a deal as you are making it out to be.

googlegoogle
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
What is wrong with this picture?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/achenblog/kucinich%20and%20wife.jpg

BucEyedPea
03-19-2010, 01:28 PM
How big a deal was it when Arnold was one of the "1000 points of light" and championed fitness in the schools? It's not as big a deal as you are making it out to be.

I feel the same about that too. I wasn't making it a "big" deal. Just wanted know how it's the Fed govt's business was all.
I said I was giving that poster a hard time....in a tongue and cheek way. Seems to me you're making it a big deal.

Dayze
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM
$1B / yr for this.

lmao.
we don't have any money....so let's shell out an additional $1B; in addition to the stock pile of monthly cash we're using for a 'war on terrorism'.

penchief
03-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Maybe it should be the local parents in conjunction with their local school working it together like a community would instead of the state apparatus?

That would be good, too. Much better than Taco Bell bribing its way into public schools.

orange
03-19-2010, 03:13 PM
What is wrong with this picture?

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/achenblog/kucinich%20and%20wife.jpg

And she's filthy rich, too. :spock:

BucEyedPea
03-19-2010, 04:06 PM
And she's filthy rich, too. :spock:

Well, that's the perfect wife for a progressive politician. Someone to leech off of. Or should I say milk since his mouth's level is not far from her ...never mind. A veritable fountain. A perfect match.