PDA

View Full Version : Life Hypnosis. Tell me what you think. Tell me...Tell me....

Rain Man
03-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Does it work? Have you ever done it? Known anyone who's been hypnotized? Who can hypnotize? Can you build a mass army of hypnotic soldiers to be activated by a simple phrase such as "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

How can hypnosis be used for good or evil? Or does it even exist?

bevischief
03-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Can it be done over the internet...

Bane
03-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Don't know
No
No idea etc...
A friend of mine e mailed me a few years ago and said he was able stop smoking with the help of a hypnotist,but I've had no experience with one myself.I'm skeptical,but I guess it could happen.

Taco John
03-19-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that stage hypnosis, the kind that makes you do stuff instantaneously, is fake.

I personally believe that behavior therapy hypnosis, however, is real - but not an instantaneous thing (and takes a lot of work and many sessions).

patteeu
03-19-2010, 06:48 PM
A good hypnotist show is pretty entertaining. I don't know whether it's real or not, but I suspect you have to want to play along.

mikey23545
03-19-2010, 06:49 PM
I believe it's often performed by Ron Paul on the willing and weak-minded.

Gonzo
03-19-2010, 06:54 PM
You're getting sleeeeeppppyyyy....

I had it done once, it was great at first but then I found out all my buddies were getting fired and we came up with a computer virus during the 2000 switch.
Long story short, my companies building burned down and now I work in construction with a permanent case of the Mondays.
Posted via Mobile Device

Monty
I'm pretty sure that stage hypnosis, the kind that makes you do stuff instantaneously, is fake.

I personally believe that behavior therapy hypnosis, however, is real - but not an instantaneous thing (and takes a lot of work and many sessions).
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
That shit in fourthkind was mind blowing, if you believe in that stuff of course.

Monty
03-19-2010, 07:02 PM

The stage stuff is not fake.....at least not for me. Until 2 weeks ago, I thought it was fake as well. But after losing about 35 minutes of my life that I can't remember, I'm not the skeptic I used to be. Now, do I think all stage acts are real? Not a chance. I still think there are those that are just hamming it up for the audience. And thank God my wife bought the dvd....if you think that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, guess again. It's now sitting in the media room for her to show everyone who stops by.
Posted via Mobile Device

tmax63
03-19-2010, 07:46 PM
I was a bouncer in a comedy club and we had a hypnotist come and perform 3 times a year. Some folks try to fake it but he'd weed them out pretty quickly. He'd have a midnight show that would be pretty risque that was always alot of fun. You can't make somebody do something that they wouldn't normally do but if they've considering doing something then you can get them to do it (like deep-throating a long-neck beer bottle or having an orgasm on command)

Frazod
03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
I must.... kill... the queen.... I must.... kill.... the queen....

Ebolapox
03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Why don't you ask the kids at Tienanmen Square: was fashion the reason why they were there?

http://c.wrzuta.pl/wi11736/6718410e0013075949bd4ca9/0/system%20of%20a%20down%20-%20hypnotize

KurtCobain
03-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Very shocked there's only 5 votes for 'it's fake'.

Fairplay
03-19-2010, 08:48 PM
You have to have a mind that can get hypnotized easily.

I tried it. Didn't work on me at all.

DaFace
03-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Hypnosis itself is real. However, you can't be made to do anything that you don't want to do in the first place. It can help push people a little bit, but that's about it.

Fairplay
03-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Hypnosis itself is real. However, you can't be made to do anything that you don't want to do in the first place. It can help push people a little bit, but that's about it.

Thats about it. Someone who is gullible and gets to sleep normally real fast are canadites.

Hog Farmer
03-19-2010, 10:08 PM
I wonder if Mike Brown could be hypnotized into making a tackle, or Cassel into hitting an open receiver or........

boogblaster
03-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Some say i porked a dog while I was hypnotized .. but really that dog was a hottie ...

KCrockaholic
03-19-2010, 10:38 PM
I know for a fact the stage hypnosis acts are real, at least the ones I've seen. I've never seen a fake one. I've always been very interested in hypnosis, but I don't think I have the same talent to pull it off like the pros do.

Ari Chi3fs
03-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Hypnosis is basically a deep state of meditation, where you are totally relaxed and the body is completely relaxed... but your mind remains cognizant and alert.

I've been in a deep hypnosis with hyper alertness, with the ability to recall things that were so far forgotten that it was unreal. It's like you get a point and this foggy mist clears itself from your consciousness, and you can tap into the infinite stream of knowledge more astutely.

At least, this is my experience with hypnosis.

KCrockaholic
03-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Hypnosis is basically a deep state of meditation, where you are totally relaxed and the body is completely relaxed... but your mind remains cognizant and alert.

I've been in a deep hypnosis with hyper alertness, with the ability to recall things that were so far forgotten that it was unreal. It's like you get a point and this foggy mist clears itself from your consciousness, and you can tap into the infinite stream of knowledge more astutely.

At least, this is my experience with hypnosis.

I agree with this assessment of hypnosis. I really enjoy the stage acts with hypnosis, but I have never been under in my life. I've never had a reason to.

BIG K
03-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Does it work? Have you ever done it? Known anyone who's been hypnotized? Who can hypnotize? Can you build a mass army of hypnotic soldiers to be activated by a simple phrase such as "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

How can hypnosis be used for good or evil? Or does it even exist?

Yeah, like I REALLY want to relive the things that the aliens did to me? No thanks, I will pass on this amuzement park ride thank you very much!

KCrockaholic
03-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah, like I REALLY want to relive the things that the aliens did to me? No thanks, I will pass on this amuzement park ride thank you very much!

ROFL The government wants to know more...

trndobrd
03-19-2010, 11:14 PM
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

BIG K
03-19-2010, 11:21 PM
ROFL The government wants to know more...

Are you kidding? THEY have known for years!

:)

Stewie
03-20-2010, 05:17 AM
I've known one person that went to a psychologist that did hypnotherapy for smoking cessation. It worked for him and he had been a longtime smoker.

I also went to Stanford's Comedy Club where the comedian did hypnosis on members of the audience. I never laughed so hard in my life.

ziggysocki
03-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I always thought is was bullshit, until this years company xmas party... I was under... and now the memories are there but it is more like I was watching rather than participating. Strange. But I would now say it is now a fakeout.

Fairplay
03-20-2010, 07:45 AM
You can tell the ones who fake being hypnotized.

They are the ones who won't whip out their meats and jerk off in front of the audience like the others.

Iowanian
03-20-2010, 07:47 AM
I've gone on stage twice to try it for comedians but didn't get zapped. I did however have a buddy/roomate in college who went the same time I did, and he was definitely zapped. He thought he was a chicken, Garth Brooks and did several things he'd never have done in front of people. He said that at the time, he really thought he was those things....but started to remember doing them after the show. After an hour under, he said he felt better than he had if he'd have slept 10hrs.

Two friends went to be hyptotized yesterday to help stop smoking.

Someone I know well has had very good luck using "hypno-birthing" in a form of drug free child birth. It sounds hoaky as hell on the surface, but it works. I also know of a program at a children's hospital where the same techniques are taught to kids who are burned or undergoing painful proceedures or illness.

Dave Lane
03-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Thats about it. Someone who is gullible and gets to sleep normally real fast are canadites.

That explains Glenn Beck and the Republicans!