PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink I think I just had the best burger ever........

wildcat09
03-20-2010, 03:53 PM
The wife and I just had Blanc Burgers and Bottles for lunch and it was amazing. I have had Five Guys and all the other places and I think think place blows them all away. It was quite a bit more expensive but was worth it. Anyone else try this place before????

Bane
03-20-2010, 03:55 PM
No but now I fukkn want to!:cuss:
LMAO

wildcat09
03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
We went to the one on Mission Rd right over by the house. If you make it, I suggest the inside-out burger (grilled with blue cheese in the middle) and the sweet patato fries.......

mcan
03-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I've been to the one on the Plaza twice now. Had the inside out burger the first time. Hell of a burger. A very STRONG and BOLD taste. The blue cheese def overpowers the taste of the beef, but it was amazing. It's a novelty burger, for sure, but worth trying if you like strong flavors.

The second time, I wanted to branch out so I bought a really expensive, high alcohol content German beer (which I thought tasted like sh!tty bubble gum... Yuch...) and the "100 Dollar burger" (which is 15 bucks). This burger is freaking amazing, but messy. The burger is juicy as hell and grilled with shredded beef style short ribs stuffed into the patty. It's a GREAT burger. Is it worth the extra money? Probably not THAT much better, but it's for SURE worth trying. Two great flavor combinations in one bite. Again, keep the napkins on the ready.

Also, some onion rings (which are in the 90th percentile of onion rings I've ever had) are great when dipped in their Dijon/Chipotle style mustard sauce.

Definitely one of my new favorite places.

Fritz88
03-20-2010, 04:19 PM
i love burgers

wildcat09
03-20-2010, 04:21 PM
I've been to the one on the Plaza twice now. Had the inside out burger the first time. Hell of a burger. A very STRONG and BOLD taste. The blue cheese def overpowers the taste of the beef, but it was amazing. It's a novelty burger, for sure, but worth trying if you like strong flavors.

The second time, I wanted to branch out so I bought a really expensive, high alcohol content German beer (which I thought tasted like sh!tty bubble gum... Yuch...) and the "100 Dollar burger" (which is 15 bucks). This burger is freaking amazing, but messy. The burger is juicy as hell and grilled with shredded beef style short ribs stuffed into the patty. It's a GREAT burger. Is it worth the extra money? Probably not THAT much better, but it's for SURE worth trying. Two great flavor combinations in one bite. Again, keep the napkins on the ready.

Also, some onion rings (which are in the 90th percentile of onion rings I've ever had) are great when dipped in their Dijon/Chipotle style mustard sauce.

Definitely one of my new favorite places.

agreed......I also loved the buns......I am not sure what kind of bread they were but they were awesome.

Reaper16
03-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Blanc Burgers + Bottles is by far the best burger place in the Kansas City area. The beer list is deep, they use as much local produce as they possibly can, and everything tastes fucking great.

My personal favorite burger at Blanc is the au poivre burger. Think steak au poivre (peppercorn crust, green peppercorn-based sauce) but applied to a burger, and given some watercress and sweet, caramelized onions for balance and sitting upon a superb, fresh-baked salt & pepper brioche bun. The $9 lunch special of burger & side, when you order the au poivre burger and the Boulevard Pale Ale onion rings, is one of the best lunch values in the city.

TheGuardian
03-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Strange, I just had blancs this past week and next week we're going to 5 guys.

I had the bison, and while it tasted wonderful, the patty was way too small. Smaller than the regular beef patties. If the patty would have been bigger I would have given them a 9 on a 1-10 scale, but they only got a 7. The bun was too big too. I want the meat when I eat a burger not a bunch of bread.

Reaper16
03-20-2010, 04:58 PM
5 Guys is just a normal-ass burger. Nothing more. I had an equally good burger at a fucking Culvers.

mikey23545
03-20-2010, 05:25 PM
\Think steak au poivre (peppercorn crust, green peppercorn-based sauce) but applied to a burger, and given some watercress and sweet, caramelized onions for balance and sitting upon a superb, fresh-baked salt & pepper brioche bun.

I think I just JIMP.

|Zach|
03-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Blanc does fantastic work. I agree about the buns.

Their truffle fries are fantastic as well. I haven't been in a while but be sure to also try the "adult" shakes.

Delano
03-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Strange, I just had blancs this past week and next week we're going to 5 guys.

I had the bison, and while it tasted wonderful, the patty was way too small. Smaller than the regular beef patties. If the patty would have been bigger I would have given them a 9 on a 1-10 scale, but they only got a 7. The bun was too big too. I want the meat when I eat a burger not a bunch of bread.

What was the cost of the Bison burger compared to a similar beef burger?
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
03-20-2010, 06:04 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/or43d4.jpg

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Who? Never heard of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
03-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Who? Never heard of them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Its a KC restaurant.

TheGuardian
03-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmmmmm....I can't remember. I think it was $10? But don't quote me on that.

Reaper16
03-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmmmmmm....I can't remember. I think it was $10? But don't quote me on that.
The Bison burger is $10. The most basic burger on the menu -- the classic -- is $9.

BigMeatballDave
03-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Ah, I see. I moved away 13 yrs ago.Its a KC restaurant.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
03-20-2010, 07:24 PM
The Bison burger is $10. The most basic burger on the menu -- the classic -- is $9.

Is the Bison locally raised?
Posted via Mobile Device

threebag02
03-20-2010, 07:36 PM
I like the fur burgers but the ones with the Brazilian cut are tasty too

HC_Chief
03-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Blanc Burger FTW!

I always get the Au Poivre, onion rings, and a Peach Stewart's. :drool:

Reaper16
03-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Is the Bison locally raised?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup.

For general reference useful to this thread: http://www.blancburgers.com/plaza.html

Saul Good
03-20-2010, 08:51 PM
If you ever get the opportunity, I'd recommend the Texan at Chef Burger near Power & Light. It's got jalapeno jack cheese, jalapenos, and guacamole. The quality of the meat is a little below Blanc's, but I actually enjoyed it more than anything I've had at Blanc.

boogblaster
03-20-2010, 08:55 PM
burgers 4-all

Delano
03-20-2010, 09:03 PM
For general reference useful to this thread: http://www.blancburgers.com/plaza.html

http://i48.tinypic.com/2yv3r7p.jpg

stlchiefs
03-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Just went to Steak and Shake. Double steak burger w/ cheese fries. Mmmm

Micjones
03-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Today...Against my better judgment, I took my date to chefBurger.
Should've gone to Blanc and gotten my favorite...the Meatloaf burger.

jjjayb
03-20-2010, 11:14 PM
$15 burgers?!? Au poivre burger? Truffle fries? Sweet Potato fries? Sounds kinda foo foo. Are you letting your women pick your meals? Oops, I mean your "life partners"?

|Zach|
03-20-2010, 11:20 PM
$15 burgers?!? Au poivre burger? Truffle fries? Sweet Potato fries? Sounds kinda foo foo. Are you letting your women pick your meals? Oops, I mean your "life partners"?

It is a fantastic meal. We will let you worry about what whatever it is you think is an issue. Good food is good food.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-20-2010, 11:28 PM
never had Blanc but if you're in Lawrence try out the Burger Bar in Dempsey's Pub. Run by the Krauses....the Kobe burger and duck fat fries are amazing.

Reaper16
03-20-2010, 11:38 PM
I fucking hate you and all that you stand for. I really fucking detest you.

Reaper16
03-20-2010, 11:39 PM
never had Blanc but if you're in Lawrence try out the Burger Bar in Dempsey's Pub. Run by the Krauses....the Kobe burger and duck fat fries are amazing.
There are duck fat fries in Lawrence? Awwwwww fuck me, I'm going there next time I make a Free State run.

Pioli Zombie
03-21-2010, 04:48 AM
The Levee has a Pussy Hair Burger. Not recommended.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 08:11 AM
There are duck fat fries in Lawrence? Awwwwww **** me, I'm going there next time I make a Free State run.

I was in Lawrence recently with a few Jayhawk friends and ate at Free State for the first time. I don't know if I've ever been to a better restaurant/brewery at any price let alone for what Free State charges.

NewChief
03-21-2010, 08:45 AM
I ****ing hate you and all that you stand for. I really ****ing detest you.

The guy is a true dumbass.

Al Bundy
03-21-2010, 08:48 AM
I am a big fan of Pauls over on Blue Ridge.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-21-2010, 09:57 AM
I was in Lawrence recently with a few Jayhawk friends and ate at Free State for the first time. I don't know if I've ever been to a better restaurant/brewery at any price let alone for what Free State charges.

:facepalm:

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 11:12 AM
:facepalm:
Why the facepalm? I can't think of a better brewpub that I've been to.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Why the facepalm? I can't think of a better brewpub that I've been to.

Free State isn't bad, but it's certainly not in the "best restaraunt or brewery at any price" category

Farzin
03-21-2010, 11:45 AM
In Shawnee Mission they have Big Bams. Pretty good burgers. But they seriously need a Hard Rock Cafe and a Johnny Rockets.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-21-2010, 12:04 PM
In Shawnee Mission they have Big Bams. Pretty good burgers. But they seriously need a Hard Rock Cafe and a Johnny Rockets.

Hard Rock Cafe? For what? So you can buy a retro t-shirt?

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Free State isn't bad, but it's certainly not in the "best restaraunt or brewery at any price" category

Not restaurant or brewery, just best restaurant/brewery. There is a difference.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:06 PM

Can we also get a Planet Hollywood as long as we are talking about terrible restaurants that have been over-marketed.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Not restaurant or brewery, just best restaurant/brewery. There is a difference.

eh, I'd eat at Gordon Biersch before Free State most days. Free State is too inconsistent.

jjjayb
03-21-2010, 12:29 PM
I ****ing hate you and all that you stand for. I really ****ing detest you.

Don't worry. It's mutual. Too bad you never had a father in your life to teach you how to be a man.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I'll haev to try this place out asap....of course i must eat my salad all week and have no calories

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 12:42 PM
eh, I'd eat at Gordon Biersch before Free State most days. Free State is too inconsistent.
Free State has infinitely better beer though.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM

I can't speak to its consistency, as I haven't been there enough times. I will say that everything I've had to eat or drink at Free State was leaps and bounds better than GB. Then, there's the price. I have never been more pleasantly surprised by any restaurant than I was with FSB.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Free State has infinitely better beer though.

They have (had?) an oatmeal stout that was fantastic.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 12:48 PM
They have (had?) an oatmeal stout that was fantastic.
Free State's Old Baccus Barleywine is one of the top 3 American Barleywines in the world, imo.

OnTheWarpath58
03-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Can anyone who been to both compare this place (Blancs) to Burger Bar out in Vegas?

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Free State's Old Baccus Barleywine is one of the top 3 American Barleywines in the world, imo.

Not just in the US but the entire world? That's a bold statement.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Not just in the US but the entire world? That's a bold statement.
Yeah. Top 3 beer in the world of the American Barelywine style. Its pretty mindblowing.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Yeah. Top 3 beer in the world of the American Barelywine style. Its pretty mindblowing.

I should probably check it out, but I'm a creature of habit. I'm already looking forward to having another oatmeal stout.

Pablo
03-21-2010, 01:01 PM
I should probably check it out, but I'm a creature of habit. I'm already looking forward to having another oatmeal stout.Then have one of each, brah.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Then have one of each, brah.

I can always get behind a solution that involves more drinking.

xbarretx
03-21-2010, 01:18 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/or43d4.jpg

May i have some of your tasty beverage to ....wash this down?

Farzin
03-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Hard Rock Cafe? For what? So you can buy a retro t-shirt?

I don't buy t-shirts from restaurants. I don't see why people do that.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't buy t-shirts from restaurants. I don't see why people do that.

I don't eat at Hard Rock Cafes. I don't see why people do that, either.

Pablo
03-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't eat at Hard Rock Cafes. I don't see why people do that, either.I hear the burgers are really tender.

Somebody must hammeron them.

kysirsoze
03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Father's Office in Santa Monica is the best burger I've ever had, hands down. There's also one in L.A. My friend raved about it for over a year before we finally went and I was sure he was over-hyping it. I was wrong. They also have one of the most impressive beer selections I've seen at a restaurant. Especially one with food that good.

redngold85
03-21-2010, 05:19 PM
ironically, the best restaurant burger I've ever had was in Denver, of all places, at Duffy's Cherry Cricket...bleu cheese crumbles, smoked cheddar, and jalapenos...mmmmmmmmhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Posted via Mobile Device

R&GHomer
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Can we also get a Planet Hollywood as long as we are talking about terrible restaurants that have been over-marketed.

No shit! The last time I went to a Planet Hollywood they wouldn't even let me choose how I wanted it. Well done and that's it.

These burgers sound like what I make on occasion. Been doing it for years. :D

wildcat09
03-21-2010, 08:36 PM
just ate the leftover onion rings from yesterday.......still amazing