PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Stay Classy, Baggers

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Tea party protesters call Georgia's John Lewis '****er'

<cite class="vcard"> By William Douglas, McClatchy Newspapers William Douglas, Mcclatchy Newspapers </cite> <abbr title="2010-03-20T16:21:00-0700" class="timedate">Sat Mar 20, 7:21 pm ET</abbr>
<!-- end .byline --> <iframe contentid="1" id="yn-darla1" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
WASHINGTON Demonstrators outside the U.S. Capitol , angry over the proposed health care bill, shouted "****er" Saturday at U.S. Rep. John Lewis , a Georgia congressman and civil rights icon who was nearly beaten to death during an Alabama march in the 1960s.

The protesters also shouted obscenities at other members of the Congressional Black Caucus , lawmakers said.

"They were shouting, sort of harassing," Lewis said. "But, it's okay, I've faced this before. It reminded me of the 60s. It was a lot of downright hate and anger and people being downright mean."

Lewis said he was leaving the Cannon office building across from
=the Capitol when protesters shouted "Kill the bill, kill the bill," Lewis said.

"I said 'I'm for the bill, I support the bill, I'm voting for the bill'," Lewis said.

A colleague who was accompanying Lewis said people in the crowd responded by saying "Kill the bill, then the n-word."

"It surprised me that people are so mean and we can't engage in a civil dialogue and debate," Lewis said.

Rep. Emanuel Cleaver , D- Mo. , said he was a few yards behind Lewis and distinctly heard "****er."

"It was a chorus," Cleaver said. "In a way, I feel sorry for those people who are doing this nasty stuff - they're being whipped up. I decided I wouldn't be angry with any of them."

Protestors also used a slur as they confronted Rep. Barney Frank , D- Mass. , an openly gay member of Congress . A writer for Huffington Post said the crowd called Frank a "faggot."

Frank told the Boston Globe that the incident happened as he was walking from the Longworth office building to the Rayburn office building, both a short distance from the Capitol. Frank said the crowd consisted of a couple of hundred of people and that they referred to him as 'homo.'

"I'm disappointed with the unwillingness to be civil," Frank told the Globe. "I was, I guess, surprised by the rancor. What it means is obviously the health care bill is proxy for a lot of other sentiments, some of which are perfectly reasonable, but some of which are not."

"People out there today, on the whole, were really hateful," Frank said. "The leaders of this movement have a responsibility to speak out more."
Thousands of demonstrators gathered outside the Capitol on Saturday as the House Democratic leadership worked to gather enough votes to enact a health care overhaul proposal that has become the centerpiece of President Barack Obama's domestic agenda. Most were affiliated with so-called tea party organizations that originally sprang up during last summer's protests of the health care proposals.

Heated debate has surrounded what role race plays in the motivations of the tea party demonstrators. During protests last summer, demonstrators displayed a poster depicting Obama as an African witch doctor complete with headdress, above the words "OBAMACARE coming to a clinic near you."

Former President Jimmy Carter asserted in September that racism was a major factor behind the hostility that Obama's proposals had faced.
The claim brought angry rebuttals from Republicans.

On Saturday, Frank, however, said he was sorry Republican leaders didn't do more to disown the protesters.

Some Republicans "think they are benefiting from this rancor," he said.
House Majority Whip James Clyburn, D- S.C. , said Saturday's ugliness underscored for him that the health care overhaul isn't the only motivation for many protesters.

"I heard people saying things today I've not heard since March 15th, 1960 , when I was marching to try and get off the back of the bus," Clyburn said. "This is incredible, shocking to me."

He added, "A lot of us have said for a long time that none of this is about healthcare at all. It's about extending a basic fundamental right to people who are less powerful."

( James Rosen contributed to this story.)

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2010, 10:13 PM
HEY LOOK OVER HERE!!!!1!

Remember those who opposed the war were anti-american now those who are for small government are racist. It's like a dog chasing it's tail.

Direckshun
03-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Disheartening that it gets to this point.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2010, 10:14 PM
HEY LOOK OVER HERE!!!!1!

Remember those who opposed the war were anti-american now those who are for small government are racist. It's like a dog chasing it's tail.

I think those who call blacks "niggers" are racists. I don't think it has anything to do with their policy stances.

Direckshun
03-20-2010, 10:14 PM
HEY LOOK OVER HERE!!!!1!

To be fair, there were anti-war extremists that actually were anti-American, and there are small government extremists who actually are racist.

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2010, 10:15 PM
I think those who call blacks "****ers" are racists. I don't think it has anything to do with their policy stances.

Sure but it's 1 person yet the media wants to make it seem like it represents a whole group.

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2010, 10:16 PM
To be fair, there were anti-war extremists that actually were anti-American, and there are small government extremists who actually are racist.

A small % maybe. It's nice we can argue about race while the nation goes down the shit hole.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Sure but it's 1 person yet the media wants to make it seem like it represents a whole group.

"It was a chorus,"

jjjayb
03-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Disheartening that it gets to this point.

If you actually believe it.

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2010, 10:18 PM
"It was a chorus,"

The local kkk group for Carolina decided to join the Tea Party. We better throw everyone in jail bcause they might be racist or a terrorist.

Chocolate Hog
You'd think there would be a video of it.

Direckshun
A small % maybe. It's nice we can argue about race while the nation goes down the shit hole.

Have I not been arguing policy on this board for the better part of the past week?

Christ. Any time the topic's off what you want to talk about, it's "look over there."

Whatev, brah.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2010, 10:19 PM
The local kkk group for Carolina decided to join the Tea Party. We better throw everyone in jail bcause they might be racist or a terrorist.

How can you infer that from what I said?

The only thing I said was a rebuttal to your claim that it was a singular individual. According to eye witness reports, it wasn't.

dirk digler
03-20-2010, 10:19 PM
This is not surprising. If anybody watched the videos of the supporters of the McCain\Palin campaign they said this kind of stuff all the time. Instead of the left going off the deep end the right has gone off the deep end now.

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2010, 10:21 PM
How can you infer that from what I said?

The only thing I said was a rebuttal to your claim that it was a singular individual. According to eye witness reports, it wasn't.

Ok so some people called a black congressmen the N word. What should we do about it? The media wants us to think all Tea partiers are racist.

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Have I not been arguing policy on this board for the better part of the past week?

Christ. Any time the topic's off what you want to talk about, it's "look over there."

Whatev, brah.

What does topic accomplish other then a political sideshow?

dirk digler
03-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Here is some classy Tea Partiers.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EXsRH73Cnw8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

ClevelandBronco
03-20-2010, 10:26 PM
An idea cannot be held responsible for the people who believe in it.

(If I could find the origin of that statement I'd cite it.)

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Ok so some people called a black congressmen the N word. What should we do about it? The media wants us to think all Tea partiers are racist.

Perhaps we should investigate what it is about these organizations of people that make them so liable to use slurs on individuals.

Is some of it anger? Undoubtedly. But what kinds of information are they ingesting that makes large groups call someone a 'homo'?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-20-2010, 10:30 PM
An idea cannot be held responsible for the people who believe in it.

(If I could find the origin of that statement I'd cite it.)

Well, since we've excused fascism...

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Perhaps we should investigate what it is about these organizations of people that make them so liable to use slurs on individuals.

Is some of it anger? Undoubtedly. But what kinds of information are they ingesting that makes large groups call someone a 'homo'.

Sure some are racist however that doesn't represent a limited goernment. Certainly the media and establishment would like you to think so. An independent group is a threat to the power structure.

penchief
03-20-2010, 10:44 PM

I think it's an illustration of how difficult it is to have a reasoned debate about public policy when people's fears and prejudices are exploited for political purposes. The level of hatred and anger being expressed by some is really disconcerting. The total lack of civility can be downright scary at times.

There's a little too much rabble-rousing going on, IMHO.

Chocolate Hog
03-20-2010, 10:46 PM
I think it's an illustration of how difficult it is to have a reasoned debate about public policy when people's fears and prejudices are exploited for political purposes. The level of hatred and anger being expressed by some is really disconcerting. The total lack of civility can be downright scary at times.

Don't buy into that. Our congressmen was nowhere to be found when we got over 2,000 signatures to audi the fed.

penchief
03-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Sure some are racist however that doesn't represent a limited goernment. Certainly the media and establishment would like you to think so. An independent group is a threat to the power structure.

It doesn't represent limited government but it is indicative of certain forces who oppose health care reform feeding the anger of these people because it makes a lot of noise in opposition of health care. A very vocal minority helps to feed the angry masses narrative.

jjjayb
03-20-2010, 11:03 PM
It doesn't represent limited government but it is indicative of certain forces who oppose health care reform feeding the anger of these people because it makes a lot of noise in opposition of health care. A very vocal minority helps to feed the angry masses narrative.

Yep, cause the pro health ralliers haven't been violent at all. There aren't any purple shirted thugs anywhere.

penchief
03-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Yep, cause the pro health ralliers haven't been violent at all. There aren't any purple shirted thugs anywhere.

What makes you think I would defend that? Because I don't. Unfortunatley though, it seems like it's becoming a pattern with a certain segment. The McCain/Palin campaign rallies, then the health care town forums, and now this. It's not like this is something new with these people.

But if it makes you feel better to imply that I employ a double standard go right ahead.

ClevelandBronco
03-20-2010, 11:20 PM
If the Tea Party wants to be treated as adults with a legitimate point of view, they should act accordingly and reign in or denounce the rogues in their ranks. No excuses that rely on comparisons to other people's inappropriate behavior should be used to excuse theirs.

blaise
03-20-2010, 11:57 PM
They should be peaceful and classy like the people that set Dumpsters on fire and bring molotov cocktails to the Republican Convention.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:05 AM

Couple of problems here

1) You think this is an independent group

2) You think they are denouncing the status quo

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Couple of problems here

Some of the tea party is. They were ignoring us in 2007.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Some of the tea party is. They were ignoring us in 2007.

Generally, it's pretty to ignore something in 2007 when it didn't exist until 2009 :)

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Couple of problems here

Haha. Jenkins thinks he can speak with authority on where the tea party comes from and what they stand for. You only reveal just how ignorant and blinded by the partisan talking point narrative that you are.

The Tea Party isn't an independent group. It's a collection of independent independents. It's a group only in the sense that a collection of independents form a group. The tea party is like a herd of cats. The Republican establishment is going to find this out in November. It still remains to be seen if they are able to harness the energy of the tea parties to win elections.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Generally, it's pretty to ignore something in 2007 when it didn't exist until 2009 :)

Then what was the TEA PARTY about back in December of 07?

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPoJGNhWB-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPoJGNhWB-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So wheres the N word chant at?

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:16 AM

Right. The people who founded the Tea Party in 2007 just put away their "dont tread on me" flags and 1776 garb, and stopped showing up to rallies, right?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DKZmIzEMUN8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DKZmIzEMUN8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:17 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGB8BeUWtwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RGB8BeUWtwA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I was at the Tea Party on the Plaza in 2007 it's funny we were talking about the same things the tea party people in 2009 were talking about.

stevieray
03-21-2010, 12:19 AM
I think those who call blacks "****ers" are racists.
....more faux outrage from the guy banned for racial slurs against blacks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Haha. Jenkins thinks he can speak with authority on where the tea party comes from and what they stand for. You only reveal just how ignorant and blinded by the partisan talking point narrative that you are.

The Tea Party isn't an independent group. It's a collection of independent independents. It's a group only in the sense that a collection of independents form a group. The tea party is like a herd of cats. The Republican establishment is going to find this out in November. It still remains to be seen if they are able to harness the energy of the tea parties to win elections.

I can tell you what you stand for, because you don't stand for anything. It's an intellectually bankrupt "movement" supported at either pole by two cults:

One, the cult of Rand, who was an intellectual psychopath, the other, the cult of Reagan, who constantly preached the gospel of small government and did precisely the opposite while manipulating said government into a plutocracy.

Ultimately, you "independent independents" are manipulated by what Roland Niebuhr called "emotionally potent oversimplifications", and it shows in the reactions of their constituents.

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:21 AM
I was at the Tea Party on the Plaza in 2007 it's funny we were talking about the same things the tea party people in 2009 were talking about.

You have to forgive Hamas. It wasn't until 2009 that the media started to give the Tea Parties any notice. Until the mass media acknowledges something and he's given talking points to address it, Hamas is going to be clueless about it.

Chocolate Hog
I can tell you what you stand for, because you don't stand for anything. It's an intellectually bankrupt "movement" supported at either pole by two cults:

One, the cult of Rand, who was an intellectual psychopath, the other, the cult of Reagan, who constantly preached the gospel of small government and did precisely the opposite while manipulating said government into a plutocracy.

Ultimately, you "independent independents" are manipulated by what Roland Niebuhr called "emotionally potent oversimplifications", and it shows in the reactions of their constituents.

So Liberterians are a cult :shake:? Come on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Then what was the TEA PARTY about back in December of 07?

You are falsely conflating Paultards with Tea Partiers. Some are both but not all TP's are Paultards.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 12:22 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPoJGNhWB-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TPoJGNhWB-s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So wheres the N word chant at?

It's pretty safe to say that it didn't occur next to that individual microphone during the entire length of that 22-second-long rally.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:22 AM
You have to forgive Hamas. It wasn't until 2009 that the media started to give the Tea Parties any notice. Until the mass media acknowledges something and he's given talking points to address it, Hamas is going to be clueless about it.

They did cover it somewhat. We were those crazy racist hmm the same thing they call the new tea partiers.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 12:23 AM

No. They're not organized enough to be a cult.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:23 AM

billay, you might want to take a closer look at the demographics of this group.

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:24 AM

That's interesting, because it's fools like you who are delivering the entire American population into the open arms of the insurance lobby using the taxpayer funded IRS to do their collections work for them. Hope. Change. Emotionally potent oversimplifications that are empowering the insurance industry to become the most powerful political force in American culture.

Congratulations ye progressives. Nice ****ing work.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:24 AM
You are falsely conflating Paultards with Tea Partiers. Some are both but not all TP's are Paultards.

"paultards" as you call them ae part of the Tea Party movement and were the orginators of it.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:26 AM

I know most of them are white that doesn't mean they are racist. Most blacks are Democrats does that mean the Democractic party is a proxy for the black panthers?

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:27 AM

This is hilarious.

You may be the most easily manipulated person on this board (see your avatar and your Ctrl+V political ideology for proof). You have no original thought other than what you are told to think by a piece of fiction, or the rantings of a Texas doctor who was the Mike Gravel of the 2008 Republican primaries.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:28 AM
I wonder what the mainstream media will try to paint Gary Johnson as.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:28 AM
I know most of them are white that doesn't mean they are racist. Most blacks are Democrats does that mean the Democractic party is a proxy for the black panthers?

That's not what I'm talking about at all.

Most of your Tea Partiers are not Paultards. What originally started as a Paultard movement (your '07 rallies) was co-opted by the Republican machine in '09 as a vehicle through which they could espouse hatred for the Democratic Party while shunting the blame onto groups who were not identified as Republican.

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:29 AM
This is hilarious.

You may be the most easily manipulated person on this board (see your avatar and your Ctrl+V political ideology for proof). You have no original thought other than what you are told to think by a piece of fiction, or the rantings of a Texas doctor who was the Mike Gravel of the 2008 Republican primaries.

Empty words from an empty head. I have no need for validation from you. I know what and who I am.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:29 AM

Most of your Tea Partiers are not Paultards. What originally started as a Paultard movement (your '07 rallies) was co-opted by the Republican machine in '09 as a vehicle through which they could espouse hatred for the Democratic Party while shunting the blame onto groups who were not identified as Republican.

Some of it yes.

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:30 AM

Meh.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:31 AM
I like how Ron Paul is painted as this kook. If you look at how Gary Johnson ran the state of New Mexico he shares the same philosphy as Ron Paul and was a very successful govenor.

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:31 AM
You may be the most easily manipulated person on this board...

I just have to laugh at the idiocy of this statement.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Empty words from an empty head. I have no need for validation from you. I know what and who I am.

They aren't empty words whatsoever.

You have a consistent and repeatable pattern of being unable to justify your own positions without referring to either Lew Rockwell or Ayn Rand. It's not an isolated incident, and your vacillations in thought shift along with theirs.

Essentially, you are a chicken on top of a weather vane. They blow their hot air, and you adjust with the currents.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:34 AM
I just have to laugh at the idiocy of this statement.

Care to reference the 9/11 thread?

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Hamas you say Ron Paul is Mike Gravel. You care you share how his ideas wouldn't be effective?

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:41 AM
They aren't empty words whatsoever.

You have a consistent and repeatable pattern of being unable to justify your own positions without referring to either Lew Rockwell or Ayn Rand.

Nonsense. I have zero problems debating the superiority of libertarian politics just on their superior morality. I have no problem going to the well of supporting thought though. This superior philosophy didn't develop without the broad shoulders of a lot of giants throughout history.

My libertarian viewpoints are much more closely aligned with the teachings of Jesus Christ than anything Rand or Paul say - though I'd say that Paul shares my view of Christ's message. But he stands on the shoulders of giants too. Thomas Jefferson being one of them.

I'm no weathervane and have no need to even bother to defend myself from such a silly notion. The inherent liberty of man's nature is absolute. Ron Paul and Ayn Rand are very thoughtful people, but Jesus and Thomas Jefferson are much more influential in my thought than Ron or Rand could ever be.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 12:42 AM
This is hilarious.

Sounds like you're just pissed that you can't manipulate Taco into believing your bullshit.

Maybe you'll have better luck with this one. You have the (contrived) concerned demeanor going for you. How long does a poster get to convert to your own One True Way before you give up the pose?

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Care to reference the 9/11 thread?

I have nothing to be ashamed of regarding my positions in that thread.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Hamas you say Ron Paul is Mike Gravel. You care you share how his ideas wouldn't be effective?

Because they aren't grounded in reality. You can't constantly express the panacea of deregulation while also ignoring the consequences of removing any standards but "the market".

It's a preposterously simplistic view of the world. Works well in a soundbyte society, but doesn't hold up to deep analysis.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 12:45 AM
Because they aren't grounded in reality. You can't constantly express the panacea of deregulation while also ignoring the consequences of removing any standards but "the market".

It's a preposterously simplistic view of the world. Works well in a soundbyte society, but doesn't hold up to deep analysis.

Deeper and deeper. You are growing sleepy, billay. Deeper and deeper...

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Nonsense. I have zero problems debating the superiority of libertarian politics just on their superior morality. I have no problem going to the well of supporting thought though. This superior philosophy didn't develop without the broad shoulders of a lot of giants throughout history.

My libertarian viewpoints are much more closely aligned with the teachings of Jesus Christ than anything Rand or Paul say - though I'd say that Paul shares my view of Christ's message. But he stands on the shoulders of giants too. Thomas Jefferson being one of them.

I'm no weathervane and have no need to even bother to defend myself from such a silly notion. The inherent liberty of man's nature is absolute. Ron Paul and Ayn Rand are very thoughtful people, but Jesus and Thomas Jefferson are much more influential in my thought than Ron or Rand could ever be.

Which is why a search of Jefferson from you turns up 36 posts and a search of Paul turns up 211 threads.

blaise
03-21-2010, 12:48 AM

One of the quickest and easiest ways to discredit a politician or group is to label them as racist. It's almost like labeling someone a communist 50 years ago.

Taco John
Which is why a search of Jefferson from you turns up 36 posts and a search of Paul turns up 211 threads.

If Jefferson were running for president, I'd have no need for Ron Paul.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Sounds like you're just pissed that you can't manipulate Taco into believing your bullshit.

Maybe you'll have better luck with this one. You have the (contrived) concerned demeanor going for you. How long does a poster get to convert to your own One True Way before you give up the pose?

billay's gonna believe what he wants to believe. Just like you pick both sides to troll.

Trying to change someone's opinion on here is foolish. They are too invested in the consequences of evaluating their paradigm.

Taco John
03-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Trying to change someone's opinion on here is foolish. They are too invested in the consequences of evaluating their paradigm.

This has not been my experience, but I can fully understand why you would feel this way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:52 AM
This has not been my experience, but I can fully understand why you would feel this way.

I'd say it's pretty damned apparent if you look at about 98% of the posts on here.

It's the espousing of one ideology vs. the espousing of another. Not a lot of thought or inquiry is given into why an individual supports either, just a series of exercises in confirmation bias.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 12:54 AM
billay's gonna believe what he wants to believe. Just like you pick both sides to troll.

Actually, I think there are more sides than "both" represented in this forum. In fact, I think that view might be part of your problem.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 12:58 AM
Actually, I think there are more sides than "both" represented in this forum. In fact, I think that view might be part of your problem.

I was referring to this thread. Try and keep up.

Taco John
03-21-2010, 01:01 AM
I'd say it's pretty damned apparent if you look at about 98% of the posts on here.

It's the espousing of one ideology vs. the espousing of another. Not a lot of thought or inquiry is given into why an individual supports either, just a series of exercises in confirmation bias.

This is why I argue morality, not politics.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 01:03 AM
I was referring to this thread. Try and keep up.

I think you'd find more than "both" sides in this thread alone if you didn't believe that "You're either with 'Hamas' or against 'Hamas'" on everything under the sun from education policy to football player personnel.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:04 AM
This is why I argue morality, not politics.

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/129150-1/Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif

Taco John
03-21-2010, 01:05 AM
I think you'd find more than "both" sides in this thread alone if you didn't believe that "You're either with 'Hamas' or against 'Hamas'" on everything under the sun from education policy to football player personnel.

He's clearly beholden to consensus thinking, while pointing fingers at other people for not having any original thoughts.

Taco John
03-21-2010, 01:05 AM

Meh. I know what and who I am.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 01:06 AM

Yes. You and Mr. Cruise have much in common.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:07 AM

No, the main people arguing are those who support Ron Paul (TJ, billay) and those who don't (Me).

This isn't an incredibly nuanced thread where we are discussing the merits of anarcho syndicalism vs. libertarian socialism vs. a free market philosophy vs. a standard Republican small gov't approach.

The word choice was appropriate, and was in direct response to you calling libertarianism too disorganized to be a cult (trolling) vs. your attacks on me (trolling).

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-21-2010, 01:08 AM
He's clearly beholden to consensus thinking, while pointing fingers at other people for not having any original thoughts.

Anything but.

I probably have the most unique political views on this board, but that doesn't help with your horrendously inaccurate portrayal, does it?

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 01:23 AM
No, the main people arguing are those who support Ron Paul (TJ, billay) and those who don't (Me).

This isn't an incredibly nuanced thread where we are discussing the merits of anarcho syndicalism vs. libertarian socialism vs. a free market philosophy vs. a standard Republican small gov't approach.

The word choice was appropriate, and was in direct response to you calling libertarianism too disorganized to be a cult (trolling) vs. your attacks on me (trolling).

I'm still unable to agree with your view that only two sides are represented in this thread, but let's just agree to disagree on that matter. I'll restrict my defense to the only two sides you are able to see.

On the one side, I am a formerly registered member of the Libertarian Party who is now a registered Republican who caucused for Ron Paul. I don't think I'm really trolling when I offer my opinions on topics involving those subjects.

On the other, I will concede that my attitude toward you can be troll-like. I have little regard for you here.

I am curious, though. When I called libertarians disorganized you considered that trolling. What was it when you called them a cult?

Chief Faithful
03-21-2010, 06:42 AM
In the 60's John Lewis was fighting the establishment now 50 years later John Lewis is the establishment being fought. I wonder if he realizes?

HonestChieffan
03-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Ive heard much worse in Arrowhead Stadium. Guess all Chiefs fans should be jailed.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 06:57 AM
I'd put at about 90% the chances that this either never happened or was done by a bunch of liberals trying to discredit the movement. Damned near every time there's a noose or something similar found on a college campus (for example), it turns out to be a liberal (usually black) trying to prove just how racist conservatives are.

Maybe we should hold a candlelight vigil.

Iowanian
03-21-2010, 07:35 AM
I think those who call blacks "****ers" are racists. I don't think it has anything to do with their policy stances.

Pretty ironic coming from Hamas_Black Jack_Savage_Matrix-Jenkins.

mlyonsd
03-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Both sides have idiots. This board is proof of that.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Both sides have idiots. This board is proof of that.

Ergo, there are no good ideas.

Bill Parcells
03-21-2010, 08:27 AM

Blacks call blacks that word, Professor. what are they? :spock:

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Blacks call blacks that word, Professor. what are they? :spock:

98% of them voted against the white presidential candidate if that helps any.

Bill Parcells
03-21-2010, 08:31 AM
98% of them voted against the white presidential candidate if that helps any.

well at least we know that vote was very important for you ;)

whats your opinion of Al Sharpton? hes a glorified racist :D oh wait, all racists are only white..lol..I almost forgot.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 08:32 AM
well at least we know that vote was very important for you ;)

whats your opinion of Al Sharpton? hes a glorified racist :D oh wait, all racists are only white..lol..I almost forgot.

It's important to point out that most of the tea partiers are whites, but it's borderline racist to point out that 98% of blacks voted for the black guy. Both points are true, but only one is "important".

Bill Parcells
03-21-2010, 08:35 AM
It's important to point out that most of the tea partiers are whites, but it's borderline racist to point out that 98% of blacks voted for the black guy. Both points are true, but only one is "important".

How do you know most of the tea partiers are white? did you take a poll?

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 08:47 AM
How do you know most of the tea partiers are white? did you take a poll?

Just as some people have Gaydar, I have Whitedar. I can look at a person just once and tell, with astounding accuracy, whether or not that person is white. It's a gift. I don't have to know their genealogy or anything.

Seriously, I can admit that it's a pretty homogeneous group. Most movements start out that way. Would it be good to add some diversity? Of course. That said, you aren't going to add many blacks to the group when 98% of them voted for the black candidate and the movement goes against the ideas being propagated by said candidate (now president).

penchief
03-21-2010, 08:58 AM
One of the quickest and easiest ways to discredit a politician or group is to label them as racist. It's almost like labeling someone a communist 50 years ago.

50 years ago? Some people are still using the communist card.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 09:08 AM
50 years ago? Some people are still using the communist card.

Fantastic job of totally missing the point.

LaChapelle
03-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I can see Russia/the ghetto from my house with a gun scope, Palin/teabaggers

penchief
03-21-2010, 10:03 AM
Fantastic job of totally missing the point.

Not really. I understand the nuance of his point. But calling someone a racist in order to discredit them or their position is no different than calling someone a communist in order to discredit them or their position.

The anti-health care forces are actively playing the communism card (hyperbole) as a means of convoluting the debate via the fear and hatred that it inspires. Thereby, dismissing any legitmate aspects of health care reform as just an attempt by liberals to install a totalitarian state.

Unfortunately, a large segment of those people who are easily manipulated by their fear and hatred of the bogeyman also harbor other prejudices that are closely tied to the paranoia being manipulated. And too often their angry response is indiscrimate in its expression.

Otter
03-21-2010, 10:05 AM

How long do you think it would take me to find an erroneous story concerning one democrat and a racial slur then apply it to the whole party?

Come on Hammas.

VAChief
03-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Ive heard much worse in Arrowhead Stadium. Guess all Chiefs fans should be jailed.

What could be worse than calling a leader in the civil rights movement a n*****? And to ClevelandBronco's earlier point, it makes it okay because there have been something ugly happening somewhere else? Interesting logic to live by. I hope your kids are never fire bombed in a church, or your dad lynched, or spat on, because you know "I've seen much worse in the south."

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 10:13 AM
How long do you think it would take me to find an erroneous story concerning one democrat and a racial slur then apply it to the whole party?

Come on Hammas.

Probably longer than finding a true story

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 10:16 AM
What could be worse than calling a leader in the civil rights movement a n*****? And to ClevelandBronco's earlier point, it makes it okay because there have been something ugly happening somewhere else? Interesting logic to live by. I hope your kids are never fire bombed in a church, or your dad lynched, or spat on, because you know "I've seen much worse in the south."

If it happened, it's despicable. I just haven't seen any evidence that it did. In fact, I've seen videos of people chanting "kill the bill" as they walked by, but I haven't heard nor seen anything resembling racial slurs. Should I get fired up every time conservatives are accused of racism? I don't have that kind of energy. You can only hold so many candlelight vigils against white racism only to find out that is was a hoax before you start waiting for a shred of evidence.

VAChief
03-21-2010, 10:22 AM
If it happened, it's despicable. I just haven't seen any evidence that it did. In fact, I've seen videos of people chanting "kill the bill" as they walked by, but I haven't heard nor seen anything resembling racial slurs. Should I get fired up every time conservatives are accused of racism? I don't have that kind of energy. You can only hold so many candlelight vigils against white racism only to find out that is was a hoax before you start waiting for a shred of evidence.

I accept that, it just boggles my mind (on either side) that behaviors are excusable because of similar behaviors either from the opposing view or as referenced before at a sporting event.

It looks like some denouncements have begun to be expressed from organizers, and that is the right thing to do. I think McCain's best moment in the campaign was when he finally looked one of the loons in the eye and said "No Maam, he is not..."

patteeu
03-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Stay Classy, Baggers

Irony

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I accept that, it just boggles my mind (on either side) that behaviors are excusable because of similar behaviors either from the opposing view or as referenced before at a sporting event.

It looks like some denouncements have begun to be expressed from organizers, and that is the right thing to do. I think McCain's best moment in the campaign was when he finally looked one of the loons in the eye and said "No Maam, he is not..."

Show me one post in this thread where anyone has said that the comments, if true, are okay.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Both sides (or maybe I should say every side) have their elements who use low class slurs. I bet there are more mainstream lefties using the slur 'Hamas' used in his thread title than there are mainstream righties calling people "niggers".

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 11:35 AM

DING DING DING DING DING AND A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG F'N DING:thumb:

Alinsky alive and well and this will be the ramp up RACIST MANTRA used NEXT to pass amnesty for all these illegal immigrants.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Both sides (or maybe I should say every side) have their elements who use low class slurs. I bet there are more mainstream lefties using the slur 'Hamas' used in his thread title than there are mainstream righties calling people "****ers".
Undoubtedly so. That's because there are degrees of offensiveness between the two.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Irony

Precisely:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Precisely:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isn't it great? The man of 1004 insults (and almost as many user names) is calling someone out for a lack of class.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 12:18 PM

Are you saying the Capitol Police and Congressman and the media are all in a conspiracy to lie?

The Associated Press reports that Capitol Police arrested the man who spit on Cleaver, but the Congressman won't press charges.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Are you saying the Capitol Police and Congressman and the media are all in a conspiracy to lie?

There were cameras everywhere. Show me one that caught this act. I'm not saying that it did or did not happen. My bet is that it either didn't happen or was an act by a crazy liberal who was trying to discredit the movement. I've seen this movie way too many times to be shocked by the ending. The ship sinks. The butler did it. The chick is a dude. It's all the same.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:31 PM
This was caught on camera...
http://www.ringospictures.com/index.php?page=20090816

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 12:33 PM
There were cameras everywhere. Show me one that caught this act. I'm not saying that it did or did not happen. My bet is that it either didn't happen or was an act by a crazy liberal who was trying to discredit the movement. I've seen this movie way too many times to be shocked by the ending. The ship sinks. The butler did it. The chick is a dude. It's all the same.

Yeah it was just like the white liberal girl that cut her face and blamed it on blacks and Obama....oh wait oops.

Of course the Capitol Police are lying. LMAO

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah it was just like the white liberal girl that cut her face and blamed it on blacks and Obama....oh wait oops.

Of course the Capitol Police are lying. LMAO

There are a couple of complete non-sequitirs in your 2 sentence post.

1. How does saying that someone else is guilty of a similar tactic change anything? It doesn't.

2. What does Capitol Police arresting someone for spitting on Cleaver have to do with whether or not people were changing the n-word? Nothing.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 12:51 PM
There are a couple of complete non-sequitirs in your 2 sentence post.

1. How does saying that someone else is guilty of a similar tactic change anything? It doesn't.

2. What does Capitol Police arresting someone for spitting on Cleaver have to do with whether or not people were changing the n-word? Nothing.

You are the one that said that most of the racist comments\actions were liberals in disguise. You know that is complete bs.

I am sure the only thing the guy arrested did was spit. I bet he didn't say one damn word.

The fact of the matter is there is crazy people on both sides that do stupid stuff so quit defending their actions and thinking it is all a conspiracy. You make yourself look stupid.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Undoubtedly so. That's because there are degrees of offensiveness between the two.

Only because the left is so willing to embrace the one 'Hamas' used, which was my point. Otherwise, not so much.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 01:02 PM

It is called the "Silent Majority" moron!! And trust me like many conservatives and libertarians in this forum who may disagree on some issues, we agree on alot more that mimick the rest of this country's sentiment and you "communist progressive lib dems" will realize the power of the "Silent Majority" in the next 8mos.

You ain't seen nothin yet!!!!

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Only because the left is so willing to embrace the one 'Hamas' used, which was my point. Otherwise, not so much.

I'm out of the loop on this one. Is it accurate to say that 'Hamas' is the "White Mr. Bojangles"??

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 01:09 PM
You are the one that said that most of the racist comments\actions were liberals in disguise. You know that is complete bs.

I am sure the only thing the guy arrested did was spit. I bet he didn't say one damn word.

The fact of the matter is there is crazy people on both sides that do stupid stuff so quit defending their actions and thinking it is all a conspiracy. You make yourself look stupid.

I didn't deny anything about the spitting. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned. I made an observation about a specific, undocumented allegation. You then brought up something completely unrelated and are now telling me that I'm making myself look stupid for denying it. Keep grasping at straws. You'll need them for the strawman you're building.

kcfanXIII
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
evidently we need a slur for congressman that is as offensive as faggot or nigger. it appears, liar and thief isn't doing the trick

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 01:26 PM
It happened again today of course Saul will say it is all a liberal conspiracy

Someone in the crowd yelled "faggot" — an epithet overheard by a POLITICO reporter — at Frank, who is gay. A group of Catholics supporting reform sang a chorus of "we love you Barney, oh yes we do."
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34765.html#ixzz0iqCTYjsJ

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 01:33 PM
It happened again today of course Saul will say it is all a liberal conspiracy

Someone in the crowd yelled "pillowbiter" an epithet overheard by a POLITICO reporter at Frank, who is gay. A group of Catholics supporting reform sang a chorus of "we love you Barney, oh yes we do."
Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34765.html#ixzz0iqCTYjsJ

I totally believe that one. Besides, there's obviously nothing wrong with yelling sexual slurs, or people would be all over Hamas for his thread title. Of course, there's obviously nothing wrong with racial slurs either, or you'd be all over him for posting here at all.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Sorry if our protests aren't classy enough for liberals...

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Not so much? Disparaging someone because of their skin color is way more offensive to sensible people than a reference to placing one's nutsack on someone else's face.

kcfanXIII
03-21-2010, 01:47 PM
its too bad people aren't pissed because barney frank has been on the payroll of the federal reserve for who knows how long, but they call him out on his sexual preference. but to further saul's point, since most of his examples aren't really that bad, aren't these guys on the "liberal side"?

http://www.kmbc.com/news/4816699/detail.html

i'm just saying this is far more disrespectful than even using a few slurs.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Not so much? Disparaging someone because of their skin color is way more offensive to sensible people than a reference to placing one's nutsack on someone else's face.

They're both equally vulgar, equally low class even though some people are more receptive to one than the other as we've already agreed. I see that you're included in this group. Congratulations.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Sorry if our protests aren't classy enough for liberals...

You realize there is alot of posters made by tea partiers that are just as bad? And you don't see me defending any of those about Bush. I think they are wrong and would never defend those. But you sure will defend the tea partiers ones I bet. Of course I bet all of these are liberals. LMAO

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3535/3912656655_c60e04f291.jpg
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1398/slide_1398_20072_large.jpg
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1398/slide_1398_20093_large.jpghttp://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1398/slide_1398_20069_large.jpg

RNR
03-21-2010, 01:54 PM

LMAO you can say anthing and it is ok but don't say the N-word well unless you are black then it is cool~

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 01:57 PM
LMAO you can say anthing and it is ok but don't say the N-word well unless you are black then it is cool~

Precisely:thumb: Alinsky at his best, use the double standards when you have the MSM on your side(communist Dem lib side that is):thumb:

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 02:00 PM
You realize there is alot of posters made by tea partiers that are just as bad? And you don't see me defending any of those about Bush. I think they are wrong and would never defend those. But you sure will defend the tea partiers ones I bet. Of course I bet all of these are liberals. LMAO

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1398/slide_1398_20072_large.jpg
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1398/slide_1398_20093_large.jpghttp://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/1398/slide_1398_20069_large.jpg

Nothing to defend here. I don't condone them using leftist tactics. They should be better than that.

kcfanXIII
03-21-2010, 02:03 PM

i don't see one problem with any of these signs. call it like i see it, and both bush and obama are elitist sell outs. does that make them nazis? probably not, but it does make them evil like nazis and worthy of the comparison.

Direckshun
03-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Nothing to defend here. I don't condone them using extremist tactics.

FYP

Duck Dog
03-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Stay classy, liberals.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/duckdog/Antiscum.bmp

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
i don't see one problem with any of these signs. call it like i see it, and both bush and obama are elitist sell outs. does that make them nazis? probably not, but it does make them evil like nazis and worthy of the comparison.

I don't either. People need to see further into the issues and the parallels if not direct connection.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 02:16 PM

You are kidding right? Neither Bush or Obama are any way comparable to Nazi's or Hitler. :shake:

kcfanXIII
03-21-2010, 02:21 PM
You are kidding right? Neither Bush or Obama are any way comparable to Nazi's or Hitler. :shake:

they're all puppets of the same masters, so yes, they are all evil.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Nothing to defend here. I don't condone them using leftist tactics. They should be better than that.

Are they dirk? Really? Are the conservative tea party people just as offensive in their posters when you really analyze the policies that Obama is proposing.

White slavery? Check out Black Liberation Theology which is rooted in Marxism and oh yeah, is what Jeremiah Wright's church preaches. Through "Progressivism" Obama and his America hating Black Caucus will give "Whitey" what he deserves through the guise of so-called "social justice". If you don't think so then why "all the personal questions in the census"?

Obama Hitler poster? Ever check out what the Nazis truly believed and how they 'initially' implemented their plans under the guise of "environmentalism" nevermind the fact that Obama is no fan of Israel(as we are seeing before our very eyes) like Hitler.

Will Obama burn Jews and the American Taxpayers in the ovens? Of course not he will just do it through our NEW HEALTHCARE BILL called "rationing". In Obama's mind 'whitey and the jews" get what they deserve. That is why all this "very personal" census info is sooooooooooooooooo vital so that "Uncle Obama" now determines who gets healthcare, business,school and mortgage loans etc........ Social justice Dirk!!!!!! Get ready to get bent over and you better enjoy it as well:rolleyes:

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 02:25 PM

Are they dirk? Really? Are the conservative tea party people just as offensive in their posters when you really analyze the policies that Obama is proposing.

White slavery? Check out Black Liberation Theology which is rooted in Marxism and oh yeah, is what Jeremiah Wright's church preaches. Through "Progressivism" Obama and his America hating Black Caucus will give "Whitey" what he deserves through the guise of so-called "social justice". If you don't think so then why "all the personal questions in the census"?

Obama Hitler poster? Ever check out what the Nazis truly believed and how they 'initially' implemented their plans under the guise of "environmentalism" nevermind the fact that Obama is no fan of Israel(as we are seeing before our very eyes) like Hitler.

Will Obama burn Jews and the American Taxpayers in the ovens? Of course not he will just do it through our NEW HEALTHCARE BILL called "rationing". In Obama's mind 'whitey and the jews" get what they deserve. That is why all this "very personal" census info is sooooooooooooooooo vital so that "Uncle Obama" now determines who gets healthcare, business,school and mortgage loans etc........ Social justice Dirk!!!!!! Get ready to get bent over and you better enjoy it as well:rolleyes:

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 02:31 PM
...Alinsky alive and well and this will be the ramp up RACIST MANTRA used NEXT to pass amnesty for all these illegal immigrants.

sportsshrink speaks truth here. Remember his post and hang on to your sombreros, you racist pricks.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
They're both equally vulgar, equally low class even though some people are more receptive to one than the other as we've already agreed. I see that you're included in this group. Congratulations.
That's stupid. Stupid and incorrect.

kcfanXIII
03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
sportsshrink speaks truth here. Remember his post and hang on to your sombreros, you racist pricks.

when the ultimate goal is a central global government, amnesty for a few million mexicans is the least of our worries...

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 02:39 PM
when the ultimate goal is a central global government, amnesty for a few million mexicans is the least of our worries...

Then can we count on your support for legalization?

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
you racist pricks.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: You nailed it there!! Never met a radical lefty that "wasn't" a racist when you truly debate the issues to the core. Their very livelyhood and political power "depends" on racism. I mean how could the ACLU, Laraza, Jesse and Al, and the Black Caucus function without "false racism" being tossed around like a beachball day in and day out???????:rolleyes:

kcfanXIII
03-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Then can we count on your support for legalization?

does it matter if i support it or not, its what the globalists want, its what they'll get...

patteeu
03-21-2010, 02:43 PM

I'm sure racists would agree with you.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 02:45 PM

Surely you are kidding? If not, with all due respect you better think again and do your homework as to how not only financially ruin our country but culturally devistate us as well and is already happening. And as Cleveland asks, are you willing to support amnesty for all these illegals?

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm sure racists would agree with you.

Indeed they would.

I wonder what the GLBT crowd would think about Reaper's idea that it should be more socially acceptable to disparage them.

He's probably one of those who think race is an uncontrollable condition of birth but homosexuality and gender identity are choices.

Chiefshrink
03-21-2010, 02:52 PM
does it matter if i support it or not, its what the globalists want, its what they'll get...

Apathy is what kills and it appears to have set it on you. These next 8mos. will be the "independents, libertarians and conservatives" (The Silent Majority) D-Day moment to take back our country. You can either be part of history or set on the sideline of "apathy".

Stand up Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grr:

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 02:54 PM

You think tea bagging = n*****? How about 69? Is that offensive to you?

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 02:57 PM

Being neither black nor gay, I find it interesting that you are more offended on behalf of blacks than on behalf of gays.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 02:59 PM

None of them are particularly offensive to me. It's more the intentions behind the insults that give them their power.

Sully
03-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Why would homosexuals be concerned at all about the use of the term "teabag?"

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:01 PM
I am offended by the Rusty Trombone

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:02 PM
oh wait the Dirty Sanchez is really offensive

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:02 PM

It's essentially a gay slur. Yes, I realize that straight people can teabag. They can also suck c*** and buttf***, but the slurs are all centered around homophobia.

Sully
03-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I am offended by the Rusty Trombone

I wonder what red-head rights groups would think about your use of this term.

Sully
03-21-2010, 03:05 PM
It's essentially a gay slur. Yes, I realize that straight people can teabag. They can also suck c*** and buttf***, but the slurs are all centered around homophobia.

I disagree.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:06 PM

No it is not but that doesn't mean gay males couldn't teabag.

Urban Dictionary is your friend.

2) a man that squats on top of a womens face and lowers his genitals into her mouth during sex, known as "teabagging"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teabagger

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:09 PM
I wonder what red-head rights groups would think about your use of this term.

LMAO I am sure they are equally offended as blacks being called n***er

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:15 PM
LMAO I am sure they are equally offended as blacks being called n***er

I'm not sure what's even being debated here considering that there isn't a shred of evidence that the word was ever used let alone chanted in unison at the rally.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:16 PM
In 1997, at Duke University, a black doll was found hanging by a noose from a tree at the precise spot where the Black Student Alliance was to be holding a rally against racism. Two black students later admitted they were the culprits and were immediately praised for bringing attention to the problem of racism on campus. Indeed, four years later the president of Duke gave a baccalaureate address nostalgically describing the hoax as a "protest" against racism.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
In 2003, vile racial epithets were scrawled on the dorm room doors at Ole Miss, producing mass protests and a "Say No to Racism" march. And then it turned out the graffiti had been written by black students, against whom no charges were brought.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
In 2005, obscenity-laced racist and anti-Semitic messages appeared on dormitory walls at the College of Wooster in Ohio. The matter was dropped and flushed down the memory hole when the perpetrators turned out to be a group of leftist students led by a black studies major.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:18 PM
In 2007, anti-Muslim fliers were put out on the George Washington University campus -- by leftists, including a member of "Iraq Veterans Against War." When it was thought the leaflets were from the conservative group Young Americans For Freedom, the dean called for the expulsion of the culprits and the university demanded that YAF officers sign a statement disavowing "hate speech." But when it turned out leftists had distributed the fliers, the matter was dropped

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:19 PM
A white woman professor at Claremont McKenna College said her car had been vandalized with racist and anti-Semitic graffiti, with the words "Shut Up!" spray-painted on the hood of her car. She was not black or Jewish, but had recently converted to Judaism and spoke out against racism. The campus was shut down for a day for anti-racism rallies in the charlatan's honor. Then eyewitnesses identified her as the one who had spray-painted her own car, and the pity party was over.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:19 PM
In Oberlin, the campus was propelled into uproar by anti-Asian graffiti in the campus quad. Someone had written "Death to Chinks" and other racial slurs on the monument to members of the Oberlin community who had died in the Boxer rebellion in China. Anger, various demands and a few scuffles went on for weeks until an Asian-American student announced that she had written the graffiti to make manifest the racism she thought was inherent in the monument.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:21 PM
The UC San Diego student reportedly responsible for hanging a noose last week in a campus library issued a public, but anonymous, apology Monday and said she had no racist motivation.
The noose’s discovery set off protests at a school that is already tense from recent racially charged episodes and triggered condemnations from UC leaders and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
In a letter published Monday on the front page of the UC San Diego student newspaper, the Guardian, the student wrote that the incident was “a mindless act and stupid mistake” and was not meant to recall the lynching of blacks.
“As a minority student who sympathizes with the students that have been affected by the recent issues on campus, I am distraught to know that I have unintentionally added to their pain,” the student wrote.

kcfanXIII
03-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Surely you are kidding? If not, with all due respect you better think again and do your homework as to how not only financially ruin our country but culturally devistate us as well and is already happening. And as Cleveland asks, are you willing to support amnesty for all these illegals?

Apathy is what kills and it appears to have set it on you. These next 8mos. will be the "independents, libertarians and conservatives" (The Silent Majority) D-Day moment to take back our country. You can either be part of history or set on the sideline of "apathy".

Stand up Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grr:

no i'm not for amnesty, and i really hope this will be the event that wakes up the american voter. i do my part, i don't vote for any of these pieces of shit. i try to inform people of the real problem with washington, (that neither party is for, of, or by the people), and this almost 100% of the time falls on def ears, or is met with the response of "oh well, there's no chance candidate c will get elected so i will vote for candidate a because he agrees with my views on abortion" or some other non issue... its all extremely frustrating, and then 6 months in, those same people who voted for candidate a, are coming to me crying about candidate a's policies. when candidate c is mentioned, they still fall back to, well he wouldn't have gotten elected anyways. the scariest thing about this whole mess is even if the republicans trot out sarah "i can't figure out africa is a continent not a country" palin, they're gonna get the presidency because no one is going to vote for obama. same type of shit is gonna happen all over the country with representatives and senators. no matter how unqualified the republican opponent, they will get elected over any democrat who voted for this monstrosity.

IF americans are willing to wake up and not just vote party lines, some change will be made. i'm willing to bet that there is no influx of 3rd party representatives or senators this november. the republicans will gain control of house and senate, and in 2012 the republican candidate will get elected because he/she will not be obama. kinda like the dem's got elected this time around cause they aren't bush. remember, even if you are voting for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil...

/end rant

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure what's even being debated here considering that there isn't a shred of evidence that the word was ever used let alone chanted in unison at the rally.

I was talking in general. Anyone that says being called a teabagger = a white person calling a black person a n***er is well........... stupid.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:25 PM
A former football coach was sentenced Tuesday morning to a year in jail for making racially charged threats to employees at Ameritas, where he worked. . . .

An anonymous letter showed up on Jefferson’s desk at Ameritas, where he was working as a licensed insurance broker. When he tried to find out who sent it, [his] attorney [David Watermeier] said, he was rebuked. Watermeier said co-workers resented that Jefferson had been hired through a friend and considered him less qualified. Jefferson now accepts responsibility for writing two anonymous letters in response that anonymously threatened death to all blacks and said one who worked there would be killed on a date in February. Ameritas gave black employees the option of not coming to work for two days, police said. In March, police arrested Jefferson and Christina Donald, who has admitted helping Jefferson write the letters. She is awaiting sentencing.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:26 PM
I was talking in general. Anyone that says being called a teabagger = a white person calling a black person a n***er is well........... stupid.

Then you've done a better job of derailing a thread than you have in convincing anyone that the teaparties have any inherent racism.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:27 PM
A former high school basketball coach in Ohio has been sentenced to four years in prison for setting fire to his home, which prosecutors said he had done to portray himself as the victim of a hate crime. Authorities who responded to the fire at James Clay’s house in Troy found a spray-painted racial slur on his car. The 2007 fire came days after Clay, who is black, was charged with sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl.
At a sentencing hearing Monday, Judge Robert Lindeman told Clay that the community was the real victim.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 03:28 PM

James Randi (along with millions of others) wishes you would rethink your position.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225248

Written by James Randi
Sunday, 21 March 2010 12:37

Well, here goes. I really resent the term, but I use it because it’s recognized and accepted.

I’m gay.

From some seventy years of personal experience, I can tell you that there’s not much “gay” about being homosexual. For the first twenty years of my life, I had to live in the shadows, in a culture that was — at least outwardly — totally hostile to any hint of that variation of life-style. At no time did I choose to adopt any protective coloration, though; my cultivation of an abundant beard was not at all a deception, but part of my costume as a conjuror.

Gradually, the general attitude that I’d perceived around me began to change, and presently I find that there has emerged a distinctly healthy acceptance of different social styles of living — except, of course, in cultures that live in constant and abject fear of divine retribution for infractions found in the various Holy Books… In another two decades, I’m confident that young people will find themselves in a vastly improved atmosphere of acceptance.

Before publishing this statement, I chose to privately notify a number of my closest friends and colleagues — none of whom, I’m sure, have been at all surprised at this “coming out.” I’m prepared to receive the inevitable barrage of jeers and insults from the “grubbies” out there who will jump to their keyboards in glee to notify others of their kind about this statement, which to them will be yet further proof of the perfidy of the rationalist mode of life that I have chosen. Those titters of joy will be unheard over the murmur of acceptance that I confidently expect from my friends.

This declaration of mine was prompted just last week by seeing an excellent film — starring Sean Penn — that told the story of politician Harvey Milk, the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in California. I’m in excellent company: Barney Frank, Oscar Wilde, Stephen Fry, Ellen DeGeneris, Rachel Maddow, are just a few of those who were in my thoughts as I pressed the key that placed this on Swift and before the whole world…

I should apologize for having used Swift as the venue to publish this note, an item that is hardly the focus of what we promote and publish here, but I chose the single most public asset I have to make this statement. It’s from here that I have attacked irrationality, stupidity, and irresponsibility, and it is my broadest platform. Here is where I have chosen to stand and fight.

And I think that I have already won this battle by simply publishing this statement.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Then you've done a better job of derailing a thread than you have in convincing anyone that the teaparties have any inherent racism.

I am not the one that tried to compare the two.

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Would you at least admit that a thread telling "baggers" to "stay classy" is pretty hypocritical? Never mind that the poster who created the thread has had multiple accounts due to bans stemming from racial remarks...

BucEyedPea
03-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Hamas is telling others how to be classy?

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 03:33 PM

That's true. You didn't. You and Reaper just agree that it's not cool to use one set of derogatory terms for a group of people but it's pretty much okay to use another set derogatory terms for another group.

So what's up? Are gays just yuckier to you than African Americans?

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:34 PM
That's true. You didn't. You and Reaper just agree that it's not cool to use one set of derogatory terms for a group of people but it's pretty much okay to use another set derogatory terms for another group.

Evidently, it's not derogatory towards gays when liberals use the term, just women.

Sully
03-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Evidently, it's not derogatory towards gays when liberals use the term, just women.

You used the term "evidently" wrong.

SNR
03-21-2010, 03:41 PM
You used the term "evidently" wrong.You used the term "wrong", an adjective, when you needed an adverb to modify the verb.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 03:42 PM
At least someone else here knows what the fuck "teabag" means. Saul Good, Cleveland Bronco & Pat are making shit up in this thread. Teabag is not descriptive of a homosexual act.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Would you at least admit that a thread telling "baggers" to "stay classy" is pretty hypocritical? Never mind that the poster who created the thread has had multiple accounts due to bans stemming from racial remarks...

I don't think I would call it hypocritical because Hamas as never said he was classy.

Sully
03-21-2010, 03:45 PM
You used the term "wrong", an adjective, when you needed an adverb to modify the verb.

You are correctly.
I apologizes.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:45 PM

Are all the Dirty Sanchez's going to be offended if I call you one?

Saul Good
03-21-2010, 03:46 PM
You used the term "evidently" wrong.

I did not use the term wrongly.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 03:46 PM
At least someone else here knows what the **** "teabag" means. Saul Good, Cleveland Bronco & Pat are making shit up in this thread. Teabag is not descriptive of a homosexual act.

I did not say it was descriptive of a homosexual act. Indeed, I would imagine that far more heteros engage in the practice simply since there are far more heteros.

I'm intrigued by your idea that the n- word is more offensive than the f- word. That's the only dog I have in this hunt.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I did not say it was descriptive of a homosexual act. Indeed, far more heteros engage in the practice simply since there are far more heteros.

I'm intrigued by your idea that the n- word is more offensive than the f- word. That's the only dog I have in this hunt.
Wait, what? When did I propose that idea?

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:47 PM
At least someone else here knows what the fuck "teabag" means. Saul Good, Cleveland Bronco & Pat are making shit up in this thread. Teabag is not descriptive of a homosexual act.

I wonder if they let their wives\gf's teabag them?

SNR
03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
At least someone else here knows what the **** "teabag" means. Saul Good, Cleveland Bronco & Pat are making shit up in this thread. Teabag is not descriptive of a homosexual act.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mKtP9-9W7yg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mKtP9-9W7yg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Seriously. I would like to know which post indicates that I have the idea that n-word and f-word aren't equally as offensive. Cleveland -- you appear to be making shit the fuck up.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 03:53 PM

Speaking of making things up, where did I ever say that tea bagging is an exclusively homosexual act? I just said it was a slur. It's like calling someone a fudge packer or a sodomizer.

Sully
03-21-2010, 03:56 PM
I did not use the term wrongly.

If I understand the term "evidently" correctly (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), then it means, basically, "based on the evidence I've seen."
I see no evidence that anyone arguing that it's not a homosexual slur believes that it is demeaning toward women.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Speaking of making things up, where did I ever say that tea bagging is an exclusively homosexual act? I just said it was a slur. It's like calling someone a fudge packer or a sodomizer.
I retract. I was inundated with bullshit from SG and CB and I lumped in your "I'm sure that racists would agree with you" post with them. That post is separate from them. I don't get what that post means though.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 03:59 PM

LMAO It is? You guys must be oppressed sexually.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 04:00 PM

In rereading the thread to find the smoking gun, I've seen that AT NO TIME DID YOU PROPOSE ANY SUCH THING.

To set the record straight, I owe Reaper and dirk an apology. My accusation was baseless and the misunderstanding was entirely my fault.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 04:01 PM
(By the way, BEP, that's how it's done.)

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 04:01 PM
And while I'm at it -- No its like calling someone an "oral sex performer" or a "Cleveland Steamerer." Teabagging knows no gender or sexual orientation discrimination.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 04:02 PM
In rereading the thread to find the smoking gun, I've seen that AT NO TIME DID YOU PROPOSE ANY SUCH THING.

To set the record straight, I owe Reaper and dirk an apology. My accusation was baseless and the misunderstanding was entirely my fault.
:thumb: We cool, dawg.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 04:09 PM
(By the way, BEP, that's how it's done.)

LMAO Awesome and no need to apologize

patteeu
03-21-2010, 04:10 PM

None of them are particularly offensive to me. We're talking about classiness not the degree to which patteeu is offended. There's nothing classy about derisively using the term nigger or 'bagger.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I retract. I was inundated with bullshit from SG and CB and I lumped in your "I'm sure that racists would agree with you" post with them. That post is separate from them. I don't get what that post means though.

That post means that racists who use the term nigger probably don't think nigger and 'bagger are equally classless. That's where you agree. Where you would probably disagree with each other is on which of the two terms is classier.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 04:16 PM
That post means that racists who use the term ****er probably don't think ****er and 'bagger are equally classless. That's where you agree. Where you would probably disagree with each other is on which of the two terms is classier.
Well shit. Its OK to agree with a racist about things that don't involve the racist's racism. There are plenty of racists, I imagine, who enjoy bands that I enjoy or think barbecue tastes really good or whatever.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 04:18 PM
And while I'm at it -- No its like calling someone an "oral sex performer" or a "Cleveland Steamerer." Teabagging knows no gender or sexual orientation discrimination.

"Teabagger" is completely equivalent to "fudge packer" with respect to gender and sexual orientation. Neither of them are exclusively homosexual but both are something that a male does to someone else. I suppose a sodomizer could be a woman so that's slightly different, just as "oral sex performer" is slightly different in that it could also be a female.

I take it that you think calling someone a "fudge packer" is classier than calling someone a "nigger". I'm sticking with my position that they're all equally classless.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Well shit. Its OK to agree with a racist about things that don't involve the racist's racism. There are plenty of racists, I imagine, who enjoy bands that I enjoy or think barbecue tastes really good or whatever.

Uh, OK. The point was that only someone as classless as a racist or 'Hamas' would agree with you.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
"Teabagger" is completely equivalent to "fudge packer" with respect to gender and sexual orientation. Neither of them are exclusively homosexual but both are something that a male does to someone else. I suppose a sodomizer could be a woman so that's slightly different, just as "oral sex performer" is slightly different in that it could also be a female.

I take it that you think calling someone a "fudge packer" is classier than calling someone a "****er". I'm sticking with my position that they're all equally classless.

That is because you want it to be equivalent even thought it is not. Tea bagging has always been associated mainly with women while packing fudge has always been associated with being gay.

Tea bagging = 69.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 04:26 PM
That is because you want it to be equivalent even thought it is not. Tea bagging has always been associated mainly with women while packing fudge has always been associated with being gay.

A window into dirk's mind!

http://www.doubleplas.co.uk/graphics/images/new_window.gif

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 04:26 PM

I take it that you think calling someone a "fudge packer" is classier than calling someone a "****er". I'm sticking with my position that they're all equally classless.
Yes. I will stick to my position that it is worse to use the n-word, though there are situations where they can be equally as classless.

I suppose the difference is whether class is a black-and-white, you have it or you don't, sort of thing or whether there are degrees of classiness.

Uh, OK. The point was that only someone as classless as a racist or 'Hamas' would agree with you.
That doesn't make sense to me.

dirk digler
03-21-2010, 04:29 PM
A window into dirk's mind!

http://www.doubleplas.co.uk/graphics/images/new_window.gif

That is a pretty window.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Yes. I will stick to my position that it is worse to use the n-word, though there are situations where they can be equally as classless.

I suppose the difference is whether class is a black-and-white, you have it or you don't, sort of thing or whether there are degrees of classiness.

That doesn't make sense to me.

I'm interested in your ability to discern the nuances of classlessness. Rate the following on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being barely classless and 10 being nuclear levels of classlessness.

****er (<-n-word)
tea bagger
fudge packer
wet back
wop
trailer trash
cock sucker
pillow biter
pillowbiter (<- f-word)
queer
porch monkey
person of Hispanic heritage (<- b-word)
uncle tom
christ killer
dago
gook
oreo
raghead
spear chucker
liberal
homo
kike

Guru
03-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I love how people love to label an entire movement as racist because a few idiots open their mouths.

Chocolate Hog
03-21-2010, 04:56 PM
I love how people love to label an entire movement as racist because a few idiots open their mouths.

The says so. Are you saying the media lies to us?

Guru
03-21-2010, 04:58 PM
The says so. Are you saying the media lies to us?They do everyday. But not in this case. Just saying these few don't represent the views of the many.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Numeric ratings in bold in the quoted text. IMO only.

I'm interested in your ability to discern the nuances of classlessness. Rate the following on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being barely classless and 10 being nuclear levels of classlessness.

****er (<-n-word) 10
tea bagger 3
fudge packer 3
wet back 10
wop 10
trailer trash 6
cock sucker 9
pillow biter 9
pillowbiter (<- f-word) 10
queer 10
porch monkey 10
person of Hispanic heritage (<- b-word) 10
uncle tom 5
christ killer what is this? 5?
dago 10
gook 10
oreo ?
raghead 10
spear chucker 9
liberal lol
homo 10
kike 10

RNR
03-21-2010, 05:15 PM

****er (<-n-word)
tea bagger
fudge packer
wet back
wop
trailer trash
cock sucker
pillow biter
pillowbiter (<- f-word)
queer
porch monkey
person of Hispanic heritage (<- b-word)
uncle tom
christ killer
dago
gook
oreo
raghead
spear chucker
liberal
homo
kike

You forgot "Mick" and "Paddy"

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 05:18 PM
christ killer what is this? 5?

Slang for a person of the Jewish faith and/or heritage.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Slang for a person of the Jewish faith and/or heritage.
I'll stick with 5. Some people may see it as a compliment.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 05:27 PM
You forgot "Mick" and "Paddy"

He either forgot or was smart enough to leave off a lot of shit that would get us all banned instantly.

He has a good start on something here, though.

Bill Parcells
03-21-2010, 06:15 PM
You used the term "wrong", an adjective, when you needed an adverb to modify the verb.

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/shine/love/russelljohnson.jpg

|Zach|
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/5498/slide_5498_75057_large.jpg?1269221713861

patteeu
03-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Numeric ratings in bold in the quoted text. IMO only.

Interesting. "Christ killer" is more classy than "white trash". Even classier is "fudge packer" which on the reaper-scale is only a misdemeanor of classlessness. And apparently googlegoogle convinced you that "spearchucker" wasn't as bad as such slurs as "raghead" and "wet back". Good to know.

FWIW, "oreo" is white on the inside but black on the outside. Somewhat similar to "uncle tom".

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Interesting. "Christ killer" is more classy than "white trash". Even classier is "fudge packer" which on the reaper-scale is only a misdemeanor of classlessness. And apparently googlegoogle convinced you that "spearchucker" wasn't as bad as such slurs as "raghead" and "wet back". Good to know.

FWIW, "oreo" is white on the inside but black on the outside. Somewhat similar to "uncle tom".
Spearchucker gets deducted one point because it can be misinterpreted as a reference to prehistoric man, an intelligence level insult akin to caveman. Christ Killer gets a 5 because many people just wouldn't be offended at being called it, them not believers in the divinity of Christ.

Oreo falls into the same category as cracker -- too silly to sting.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Spearchucker gets deducted one point because it can be misinterpreted as a reference to prehistoric man, an intelligence level insult akin to caveman. Christ Killer gets a 5 because many people just wouldn't be offended at being called it, them not believers in the divinity of Christ.

Usually bad things happen pretty quickly when the term Christ killer starts getting tossed around.

As for spearchucker, I could take you to a neighborhood or two around, say, Cleveland where you could test your theory that it's not all that offensive. You could begin your test right after I get as far the hell away from you as possible. Perhaps you could videotape for posterity your dying words claiming that you were talking about prehistoric men.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Usually bad things happen pretty quickly when the term Christ killer starts getting tossed around.

As for spearchucker, I could take you to a neighborhood or two around, say, Cleveland where you could test your theory that it's not all that offensive. You could begin your test right after I get as far the hell away from you as possible. Perhaps you could videotape for posterity your dying words claiming that you were talking about prehistoric men.
Not all that offensive? I scored it a 9 out of 10. That is well beyond the cutoff point of words I'd never call someone.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM

There are a lot of people who aren't offended by being called nigger (n-word), but you gave it a 10. You seem to be more defensive on behalf of black people than Jews. Is it because of the money thing?

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Not all that offensive? I scored it a 9 out of 10. That is well beyond the cutoff point of words I'd never call someone.

I see. You'd probably get killed a little less if you ever did say it.

So what's the cutoff point for you?

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 08:42 PM
There are a lot of people who aren't offended by being called ****er (n-word), but you gave it a 10. You seem to be more defensive on behalf of black people than Jews. Is it because of the money thing?
"Much more defensive" is predicated on what, a half-joking rating for Christ Killer? I've never heard someone call someone else a Christ Killer before, I'm not sure if there is an issue with that slur being used a lot. I gave kike a 10. If there were other Anti-Semetic slurs on the list then I'd bet there wouldn't be any room to perceive the discrepancy you see.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I see. You'd probably get killed a little less if you ever did say it.

So what's the cutoff point for you?
Like 4 or 5.

ClevelandBronco
03-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Like 4 or 5.

So tea bagger and fudge packer, maybe Uncle Tom and Christ killer.

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 08:48 PM
So tea bagger and fudge packer, maybe Uncle Tom and Christ killer.No, like I wouldn't use words at a 5 (I don't like the 1- 10 scale btw but whatev) and I might never use words at a hypothetical 4.

Fudge packer I never say because it is stupid as Hell, but it is of permissible offensiveness that I might yell something of its level at someone. Tea Bagger is so inoffensive as to practically tickle the insulted with butterfly wings. I mostly rated it a 3 to placate people.

patteeu
03-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Stay classier than a 4, Baggers

Reaper16
03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Stay classier than a 4, Baggers
P. much

Otter
03-22-2010, 07:05 AM
no i'm not for amnesty, and i really hope this will be the event that wakes up the american voter. i do my part, i don't vote for any of these pieces of shit. i try to inform people of the real problem with washington, (that neither party is for, of, or by the people), and this almost 100% of the time falls on def ears, or is met with the response of "oh well, there's no chance candidate c will get elected so i will vote for candidate a because he agrees with my views on abortion" or some other non issue... its all extremely frustrating, and then 6 months in, those same people who voted for candidate a, are coming to me crying about candidate a's policies. when candidate c is mentioned, they still fall back to, well he wouldn't have gotten elected anyways. the scariest thing about this whole mess is even if the republicans trot out sarah "i can't figure out africa is a continent not a country" palin, they're gonna get the presidency because no one is going to vote for obama. same type of shit is gonna happen all over the country with representatives and senators. no matter how unqualified the republican opponent, they will get elected over any democrat who voted for this monstrosity.

IF americans are willing to wake up and not just vote party lines, some change will be made. i'm willing to bet that there is no influx of 3rd party representatives or senators this november. the republicans will gain control of house and senate, and in 2012 the republican candidate will get elected because he/she will not be obama. kinda like the dem's got elected this time around cause they aren't bush. remember, even if you are voting for the lesser of two evils, you're still voting for evil...

/end rant

Exactly what needs to happen but I don't have the faith in people to make it so.

You see the same kind of schoolyard rationalizing everyday on this board by people who consider themselves educated and intelligent.

"Bush was Worse"
"But not as bad as Obama"
"But Bush did this so there"
"Well look what Obama is doing"

All while their pissing on our backs and telling us it's raining. Some of you people who think your smart and politically savvy are no more advanced in your thinking than the average 5th grader. And let me assure you, while you're busy arguing over which scumball is worse the ones pissing on your back couldn't be happier in your response.

People are generally stupid.

BucEyedPea
03-22-2010, 07:30 AM

Maybe they were agent provocateurs using commie agitprop.
I would not put that past the hard left.

kcfanXIII
03-22-2010, 12:46 PM
"Bush was Worse"

like just because i'm against anything obama, i'm for bush. that has to be the most infuriating thing to hear. if the left AND the right would lift the veil of ignorance for 2 seconds and examine the policies (not just the rhetoric) they would see there is no difference between the two. they are both out for power, an expanded invasive government, and both served a higher master with global government the ultimate goal. to hell with that, and to hell with you if agree. when the time comes i'll be happy to punch your ticket, and pay your two pence fair to cross the river styx.

Saul Good
03-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe they were agent provocateurs using commie agitprop.
I would not put that past the hard left.

The left would never do that...except in the slew of instances I posted earlier in the thread.

ClevelandBronco
03-22-2010, 07:03 PM
Hey, Reaper: Where would you rank baby killer? Higher or lower than fudgepacker?

Reaper16
03-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey, Reaper: Where would you rank baby killer? Higher or lower than fudgepacker?
Higher than fudgepacker.

Dottefan
03-22-2010, 08:22 PM
The Tea Party..another excuse for racist republicans to spew hate.

Dottefan
03-22-2010, 08:25 PM

Exactly what needs to happen but I don't have the faith in people to make it so.

You see the same kind of schoolyard rationalizing everyday on this board by people who consider themselves educated and intelligent.

"Bush was Worse"

All while their pissing on our backs and telling us it's raining. Some of you people who think your smart and politically savvy are no more advanced in your thinking than the average 5th grader. And let me assure you, while you're busy arguing over which scumball is worse the ones pissing on your back couldn't be happier in your response.

People are generally stupid.

You sir are the only smart person in DC. This is why WE post random stupid shit. Because people are too stupid to see that BOTH parties are fucking us over...so why even try to take it serious , when both sides dont listen , and only want to hear their "speaking points."

There is no reason at all to be civil in this forum. Just a crap load of retards who only see things in RED and BLUE.

L

Bill Parcells
03-22-2010, 08:25 PM

LOL! I say fudegpacker all the time when referencing homosexuals.

ROFL

Anybody that gets pissy about that is just fucked up..lol..its a farking joke

Guru
03-22-2010, 08:32 PM
This is why people should vote based on a politicians record rather than what he or she says. Most Americans blindly vote for the name they recognize though. Granted, it is hard to vote for someone with no record but in times like these, I'll take my chances on new blood. If I don't like what they do, I vote them out and keep voting them out until the right person finally gets in there.