PDA

View Full Version : KSU Pullen is a ****ing class act

Silock
03-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Serious props to him. As much as I should, I just can't bring myself to hate him. Classy, classy, classy.

http://www.cbscollegesports.com/kstateconfidential/

SNR
03-22-2010, 10:52 PM
That entire KSU team is a respectable group of VERY talented athletes. I'm really glad it was a team like that who was KU's biggest competitor in the Big XII this year.

Pants
03-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Concur. Class act coach and class act team (even Clemente has kept his shit in check this year).

Sure-Oz
03-22-2010, 10:58 PM
That was pretty cool

Short Leash Hootie
03-22-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm cheering for a K-State/Kentucky final with K-State winning it all...that's my only chance of cashing in my big money bracket...

Al Bundy
03-22-2010, 11:12 PM
It fired Pullen up.. I saw that last night on CBS college sports.

CoMoChief
03-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Anyone of us would do the same in that situation if you have friends/ties from back home.

nice gesture though.

Der Flöprer
03-22-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm cheering for a K-State/Kentucky final with K-State winning it all...that's my only chance of cashing in my big money bracket...

I have no reason to think that K State can't win it all.

CoMoChief
03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
It fired Pullen up.. I saw that last night on CBS college sports.

Of course it did, it ensured him that KSU would never have to play Kansas again that season.

CoMoChief
03-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I have no reason to think that K State can't win it all.

Kentucky is much better than KSU.

Al Bundy
03-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Of course it did, it ensured him that KSU would never have to play Kansas again that season.

I think it showed him it was possible for ANY team to lose..... MUCH MUCH more than it was about not having to play KU again

Chiefspants
03-22-2010, 11:25 PM
That image officially pulled me to the KSU bandwagon.

I hope they win it all in a big 12 national championship game.

KSU vs Baylor in the National Championship!

lol, I know I'm dreaming.

Buehler445
03-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Class act. It's really hard to hate Pullen. Dude is playing well this year, isn't cocky, plays his guts out and seems like a good dude.

I've been really impressed with the overall sportsmanship between KU/KSU this year. That's a good thing to see. Leave all the shit talking to the local trolls, they do plenty.

CoMoChief
03-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I think it showed him it was possible for ANY team to lose..... MUCH MUCH more than it was about not having to play KU again

i doubt it.

KevB
03-22-2010, 11:51 PM
As a KSU fan, I'm obviously biased. But this is a pretty easy team to really like, with Pullen leading the way. He's really matured into a great rep for the program and university.

Al Bundy
03-22-2010, 11:58 PM
i doubt it.

of course you doubt it...

KC_Connection
03-23-2010, 12:02 AM
As I've said before, I've always liked and respected KSU's players.

BWillie
03-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Serious props to him. As much as I should, I just can't bring myself to hate him. Classy, classy, classy.

http://www.cbscollegesports.com/kstateconfidential/

I'm sure it has more to do w/ him being from Chicago and Sherron being from Chicago, but yeah, makes me like Pullen alot more. I never disliked Pullen though, seems like a good guy and gutsy player.

Mr. Arrowhead
03-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Pullen does seem like a pretty classy dude, but Clemente is a thug. I guess they balance each other out lol

58kcfan89
03-23-2010, 12:43 AM
As a KSU fan, I'm obviously biased. But this is a pretty easy team to really like, with Pullen leading the way. He's really matured into a great rep for the program and university.

This. It's such a loose/fun team to be around, they're all great guys, especially Coach Martin.

Pullen does seem like a pretty classy dude, but Clemente is a thug. I guess they balance each other out lol

I know most KU fans hate Denis, but what makes him a thug? Cause he gave an elbow to Morningstar last year after getting racked by him?

And you wanna talk about thugs, Denis has yet to pick a fight with a football player or shoot anyone with a BB gun.... I know most of you guys don't like him, but damn...

DA_T_84
03-23-2010, 12:50 AM

Clemente isn't any more thug than any of the Jayhawks:

-Morningstar's DUI
-Sherron's elevator
-M&M Morris and the pellet gun
-Tyshaw questioning self; starting fights; breakin' his hand throwing punches; dropping N-bombs on his facebook...etc....
-Group/team fights against the football team MULTIPLE TIMES ON CAMPUS.

Give me a fu**in' break. In a heated game he and a couple KU guys got physical. What law did he break? Give it up.

How dare you throw the first stone.

DA_T_84
03-23-2010, 12:52 AM
And furthermore, he demonstrated great sportsmanship this year in all the KSU-KU matchups (picking ku guys up, butt pats, handshakes, etc...)

GoHuge
03-23-2010, 01:35 AM
And furthermore, he demonstrated great sportsmanship this year in all the KSU-KU matchups (picking ku guys up, butt pats, handshakes, etc...)Maybe it wasn't just all about sportsmanship? Maybe he likes the touchy part. Everyone says he's a "physical" guy.....:shrug:

Ari Chi3fs
03-23-2010, 02:37 AM

I think the KU loss, shook every team... and made them wake up. Except for Mizzou. They really didn't wake up.

But I think KSU could win it all.

Personally, I'd like to see a KState West Virginia matchup... in which West Virginia won it all.

Just to hear William the Doucheish and SaulDoucheGuy piss and moan. Maybe I'd root for them to win, who knows?

We'll have to cross that bridge when we get there.

Ari Chi3fs
03-23-2010, 02:39 AM
"It's time to eat, men. It's all about who's hungry." - Jacob Pullen

That quote is bad ass, especially after KU just lost. Very motivational. Unless you get rid of the comma, then it becomes pretty gay.

Guru
03-23-2010, 03:07 AM
I think the KU loss, shook every team... and made them wake up. Except for Mizzou. They really didn't wake up.

Personally, I'd like to see a KState West Virginia matchup... in which West Virginia won it all.

Just to hear William the Doucheish and SaulDoucheGuy piss and moan. Maybe I'd root for them to win, who knows?

We'll have to cross that bridge when we get there.Nah, every fan should get their moment. We have had ours twice in 22 years. If there was ever a year for the KSU faithful, this it is.

I hope they do win it all.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2010, 07:32 AM

We'll have to cross that bridge when we get there.

If K-State can't win it it all - i'd love for Huggs to get a title. I wouldn't care if Kentucky won it all either, I have them winning it all in my bracket pools. Honestly, at this point, it doesn't matter - just happy to be here.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2010, 07:39 AM
This. It's such a loose/fun team to be around, they're all great guys, especially Coach Martin.

I know most KU fans hate Denis, but what makes him a thug? Cause he gave an elbow to Morningstar last year after getting racked by him?

And you wanna talk about thugs, Denis has yet to pick a fight with a football player or shoot anyone with a BB gun.... I know most of you guys don't like him, but damn...

Mr Arrowhead is a Wichita State Shockers fan.

Fritz88
03-23-2010, 08:10 AM
If K-State can't win it it all - i'd love for Huggs to get a title.

I am not buying that.

I am a KU fan, and after what Huggins did to KSU, I can't wait to see him (although unlikely) crumble and fail in WVU. Fuck him.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2010, 08:11 AM
I am not buying that.

I am a KU fan, and after what Huggins did to KSU, I can't wait to see him (although unlikely) crumble and fail in WVU. Fuck him.

Yeah, Huggins sure left the KSU program in shambles. :rolleyes:

Fritz88
03-23-2010, 08:17 AM

Are you telling me that you expected Frank to turn it around like that?

Frank turned out to be better. That's right. Good for KSU. As I said before, rivalry became more interesting to watch. It's about what he did that shows how fucked up of a person he is.

Lzen
03-23-2010, 08:19 AM

Lol, it turned out very well for you guys. But what he did was kind of shitty. And at the time, nobody knew how it would turn out.

Similar in some ways to Roy Williams leaving KU. Although I think that worked out better for KU in the end, it was kinda shitty the way the whole thing was handled.

I have noticed all year that both teams have mucho respect for each other. That's good to see, IMO. Play hard and try to whip your opponent, but show respect and when the game is over, congratulate the winner.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Are you telling me that you expected Frank to turn it around like that?

Frank turned out to be better. That's right. Good for KSU. As I said before, rivalry became more interesting to watch. It's about what he did that shows how fucked up of a person he is.

I thought he would do well. I thought Sweet Sixteen was easily within reach. So far Frank hasn't gone beyond that.

Buehler445
03-23-2010, 09:02 AM
And furthermore, he demonstrated great sportsmanship this year in all the KSU-KU matchups (picking ku guys up, butt pats, handshakes, etc...)

I've commented several times about how good the sportsmanship has been this year. It has been not so good for several years. And it is very nice to see. It is great to see respect between the two teams. And it's nice to see KSU developing into a good program. I want to beat their asses by 90 twice or three times a year for perpetuity, but honestly, it wouldn't be much fun if that actually happened.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
03-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I think there is a mutual respect between the players of both teams. You got to remember, these kids know each other through all the AAU ball that is played at a National level - well before they get to college.

The hatred exists between the fans, not the players.

Pants
03-23-2010, 09:47 AM

Except that elbow was actually a punch to the ear from behind and all Brady did was block him out...

Mr. Plow
03-23-2010, 09:53 AM
This is one of the reasons why I'll be rooting for KSU. I'd love for you to take the title and I'll happily take the beating from my KSU friends if you do.

Mr. Plow
03-23-2010, 09:53 AM
The hatred exists between the fans, not the players.

Fuck you and your special haircuts.

:D

ChiTown
03-23-2010, 09:56 AM
**** you and your special haircuts.

:D

Sadly, those days are done - shop is closed......

:sulk:

Mr. Plow
03-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Sadly, those days are done - shop is closed......

:sulk:

Damnit. Cut and a blow.....dry. Thought that would never get old.

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2010, 09:59 AM
The great thing about the archive on this board is that with about three mouse clicks one could find all the shit talked on KSU/Huggs/Beas/Walker/Frank from the moment Huggs was hired by many of the same posters in this thread.

Welcome to the bandwagon. ;)

Mr. Plow
03-23-2010, 10:01 AM
The great thing about the archive on this board is that with about three mouse clicks one could find all the shit talked on KSU/Huggs/Beas/Walker/Frank from the moment Huggs was hired by many of the same posters in this thread.

Not sure that I talked any shit, but I wouldn't put it past me. I'm on the bandwagon. But I'm only holding on because my ride ditched me in the middle of the desert without food and water. Once I catch up to them, I'll hop back on my own ride.

Pants
03-23-2010, 11:02 AM

Hey man, KSU is still our retarded little brother that we enjoy beating on from time to time, but it does bring a tear to the eye seeing him do well.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I am not buying that.

I am a KU fan, and after what Huggins did to KSU, I can't wait to see him (although unlikely) crumble and fail in WVU. **** him.

I don't hate Huggt either. He went home, I know when he came to KSU he had no clue that WVU was going to open up the next year. I don't think it was malicious, and I do think it was a tough decision for him, and that he did the right thing for himself. It stung at the time, but it wasn't anything underhanded or dirty.

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Except that elbow was actually a punch to the ear from behind and all Brady did was block him out...

Clemente didn't do anything that bad. But it was truly hilarious to watch phogtards like you scream "I'm sending that vid to the league office".

Pants
03-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Clemente didn't do anything that bad. But it was truly hilarious to watch phogtards like you scream "I'm sending that vid to the league office".

Oh, yeah? What, exactly, did he do then?

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2010, 11:42 AM
I am not buying that.

I am a KU fan, and after what Huggins did to KSU, I can't wait to see him (although unlikely) crumble and fail in WVU. **** him.

One year of Huggins is what led to this. It never would have happened if KSU hadn't "sold their soul" as the talking point of the day went at the time.

No more "You coulda had Mark Fox" or "Barry Hinson is available". No more Doc Sadlers, Or Woolys. No more SLTH.

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Oh, yeah? What, exactly, did he do then?

He moved Drunkentard's ass out of his crotch. And told him "don't do it again, Injun Joe".

Pants
03-23-2010, 11:46 AM
He moved Drunkentard's ass out of his crotch. And told him "don't do it again, Injun Joe".

By hitting him in the ear? After a blockout? I thought that was exactly what I said?

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2010, 11:51 AM
By hitting him in the ear? After a blockout? I thought that was exactly what I said?

I don't think it was a punch. If it was a punch, MorningTard would have been laid out. I'd call it a more of a "Puerto Rican reminder" tap.

Pants
03-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't think it was a punch. If it was a punch, MorningTard would have been laid out. I'd call it a more of a "Puerto Rican reminder" tap.
Yeah, OK, so just like I said, then. Except it wasn't a hard enough punch to knock Brady the fuck out.

Lzen
03-23-2010, 12:52 PM

I don't remember what, if anything, I said at the time he was hired. But I do remember listening to an interview with him leading up to the KU game in 2008 and I was impressed. Right then and there I had a good inclination that he would be a good coach.

Lzen
03-23-2010, 12:54 PM
I thought was Clemente did was punch Reed after Reed boxed him out on a FT. Or am I not remembering correctly?

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah, OK, so just like I said, then. Except it wasn't a hard enough punch to knock Brady the **** out.

Which is why I never understood the gnashing of teeth over the incident. But... sometimes you just have to consider the source..

Pants
03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Which is why I never understood the gnashing of teeth over the incident. But... sometimes you just have to consider the source..

It's not gnashing teeth, it's just a fact. It happened. This is why I'm giving your team props this year and, specifically, Coach Martin, seeing as even Clemente acted with class (said as much in my original post here). The only reason I can see this change happening is due to Martin's efforts as a coach.

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't remember what, if anything, I said at the time he was hired. But I do remember listening to an interview with him leading up to the KU game in 2008 and I was impressed. Right then and there I had a good inclination that he would be a good coach.

To be honest, I'm posting a sweeping generalization. It's totally unfair. It's like being caught in the Phucket tsunami.

And you're not the type to post anything remotely controversial. The usual suspects know who they are.

Pants
03-23-2010, 01:02 PM
I thought was Clemente did was punch Reed after Reed boxed him out on a FT. Or am I not remembering correctly?

Yeah, that's what happened, except I believe it was Brady and not Tyrel.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
<object width="500" height="310"><param name="movie" value="http://cstv.collegesports.com/cbscs/media/swf/cbsc-embed.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="videoPath=http://www.cbscollegesports.com/media/video/kstateconfidential/S_PULLEN_COLLINS_HUG_0321.flv" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://cstv.collegesports.com/cbscs/media/swf/cbsc-embed.swf" width="500" height="310" flashvars="videoPath=http://www.cbscollegesports.com/media/video/kstateconfidential/S_PULLEN_COLLINS_HUG_0321.flv" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

WilliamTheIrish
03-23-2010, 01:03 PM

You're correct. I think there was another controversy in the same game where DC gave Morningstar a purple nurple. That vid was also sent to the league office ;)

Pants
03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh, so it was Reed getting punched from behind? My bad.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-23-2010, 02:13 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-y0aXSP2R_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-y0aXSP2R_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

TIED5573
03-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Kentucky is much better than KSU.

AND, evidently, KU. STFU

Pants
03-23-2010, 02:46 PM
AND, evidently, KU. STFU

That's certainly debatable. If they demolish Cornell by 20-30, I will give you that UK > KU. If they're close or lose to them, it'll be debatable. UNI is like a more talented Cornell.

DeezNutz
03-23-2010, 03:00 PM

Not sure if I talked any shit on the guy or not. If I didn't, I know I thought it because I figured his hiring was a sham, little more than a desperate attempt to keep some hyped recruits.

Boy was I wrong.

I really, really appreciate the collection of local coaches in the Big XII: Self, Martin, and Anderson.

Good dudes and solid coaches.

ChiTown
03-23-2010, 03:17 PM
UNI is like a more talented Cornell.

:spock:

Buehler445
03-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Not sure if I talked any shit on the guy or not. If I didn't, I know I thought it because I figured his hiring was a sham, little more than a desperate attempt to keep some hyped recruits.

Boy was I wrong.

[B]I really, really appreciate the collection of local coaches in the Big XII: Self, Martin, and Anderson.

Good dudes and solid coaches.[B]

I don't remember taking trash on Martin, but I might have. I admit I figured he was just a Thuggy Bear wanna be, but KSU is much better off IMO with the program Martin is building than Thuggy would have built.

Couldn't agree more with the bolded statement. Let's hope they're all here for awhile.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
03-23-2010, 03:24 PM
:spock:

I really love the "we are so much better than everyone else even though we are sitting on our asses at home" mantra. Very Denver-ish.

Pants
03-23-2010, 03:33 PM
I really love the "we are so much better than everyone else even though we are sitting on our asses at home" mantra. Very Denver-ish.

3-0, Saul, THREE ZERO.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
3-0 Saul, THREE ZERO.

You beat Kentucky 3 times this season? Heck, it doesn't matter at all - the Sweet Sixteen teams are all playing, and your team is not. Very Denver-ish, no matter who you compare your team to.

Fritz88
03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-y0aXSP2R_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-y0aXSP2R_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Some players can be douchebags, some players can be class act. His attitude is for himself, the wins he brings to my program, are for my school and for me as a fan.

All in all, KU has been one of the less schools with athletes trouble (talking BBall here), this latest class has had its share of trouble makers and it's one of the reasons that led its downfall against UNI.

A discussion turning into "our player is classier than yours is pretty useless if he's is not going to win you a title" Sorry.

Pants
03-23-2010, 03:38 PM
You beat Kentucky 3 times this season? Heck, it doesn't matter at all - the Sweet Sixteen teams are all playing, and your team is not. Very Denver-ish, no matter who you compare your team to.

I didn't say we were better than UK, I said it was debatable. I realize we're sitting on our asses while 16 other teams are still playing, you don't have to tell me that. My point was that I can say KU was superior to many schools including KSU, who we beat 3 out of 3 times. That's all, man.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
3-0, Saul, THREE ZERO.

but KU fans said all year nothing matters but the tourney. Now it's the regular season that matters? Wish you'd make up your mind....

But since we're not your rival it doesn't matter, right?

vailpass
03-23-2010, 03:57 PM

I was with you right til that last line there where you left me with a "WTF does that mean?" feeling.

Pants
03-23-2010, 04:00 PM
but KU fans said all year nothing matters but the tourney. Now it's the regular season that matters? Wish you'd make up your mind....

But since we're not your rival it doesn't matter, right?

Huh? When did I say that regular season is more important than the tourney? I used regular season as proof that KU had a better team than KSU, which I think is pretty much common knowledge. KU shit the bed, you guys have not (yet) - you're already having a better season than us, it doesn't mean you have a better team. Hopefully that cleared things up a bit for you, di cats.

You're our instate rival. It was Saul that claimed we are not your rival and that Texas is. ROFL

Once again, pretty sure Oklahoma is Texas' rival. Always has been and always will be.

58kcfan89
03-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Huh? When did I say that regular season is more important than the tourney? I used regular season as proof that KU had a better team than KSU, which I think is pretty much common knowledge. KU shit the bed, you guys have not (yet) - you're already having a better season than us, it doesn't mean you have a better team. Hopefully that cleared things up a bit for you, di cats.

You're our instate rival. It was Saul that claimed we are not your rival and that Texas is. ROFL

Once again, pretty sure Oklahoma is Texas' rival. Always has been and always will be.

Pretty sure A&M has something to say about that....

From what I've been told by UT fans is that while they can't stand OU, they at least respect them. On the other hand, they hate A&M and don't respect them, either.

Buehler445
03-23-2010, 05:35 PM
You can have more than one rival.
Posted via Mobile Device

TIED5573
03-23-2010, 06:39 PM
:clap:I really love the "we are so much better than everyone else even though we are sitting on our asses at home" mantra. Very Denver-ish.

Saulbadguy
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
I was with you right til that last line there where you left me with a "WTF does that mean?" feeling.

Denver fans are often known as arrogant, sore loser snobs.

Que Card QB
03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-y0aXSP2R_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-y0aXSP2R_8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>First of all let me say because I don't have time to track this thread's conversations through the full history:

A. Pullen is a class act.
B. I have enjoyed following KSU the past 3 years. I think Martin is a great coach.
C. I am diehard KU fan rooting for KSU all the way.

That being said, two things are clear to me in this video: 1) Brady takes an initial ELBOW to his chin. 2) Some KSU fan, by posting that video to Youtube with the title of "Alcoholic, Brady Morningstar throws a punch", clearly has a problem with alcoholics.