PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2010 remaining free agents...any possibilities? Fullback maybe?

shammus
03-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Threw together a list of some of the remaining UFA's out there. I like that we've been more active in free agency this year. If nothing else, most of the guys we signed should provide solid depth across several different positions and more than likely a couple of those players will start.

So this is what's left that I see out there. In the interest of upgrading depth as well as starters (since we have guys that shouldn't even be in the NFL counting as our "depth" in some spots), I could see us making another signing or two. Anyone see any that could help?

I'd love an additional safety or linebacker before we head off to the draft in a month. Not sure if free agency is going to provide us with any support at those positions based on what I see below.

On the offensive line, maybe one of the remaining RTs can beat out O'Callaghan to start? The remaining guards don't seem too horrible but it seems that guard is one of the few positions we actually have some young talent ready to step up and compete for a spot (Harris & Brown).

The only position where I see a potential starter for us would be at fullback since Griffith and Hoover are still on the market. But maybe those guys aren't even an upgrade over Mike Cox? Thoughts?

OLB - Pisa Tinoisamoa (29)
ILB - Angelo Crowell (28), Keith Bulluck (33)
CB Ken Lucas (31), Lito Sheppard (29), Nate Vasher (29)
S - Jermaine Phillips (31), Deon Grant
C - Kevin Mawae (39),
OG - Chester Pitts, Ben Hamilton (33), Bobbie Williams (33)
OT - Mike Gandy (31), Levi Jones (30), Langston Walker (30),
FB - Justin Griffith (30), Brad Hoover (33)
RB- Justin Fargas (30)

RustShack
03-22-2010, 09:44 PM
Cox isn't going to be our FB, Castille is.

CoMoChief
03-22-2010, 10:18 PM
still wish we had TRich

DaneMcCloud
03-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Castille is MORE than adequate and Cox is a nice H-back.

The Chiefs have FAR more needs than a fullback.

JHFC.

booger
03-22-2010, 11:52 PM
From a familiarity standpoint Mike Gandy makes sense having spent 01-03 with Haley in Chicago and 07-08 in AZ.

He could compete for the RT spot with O'Callahan a position which hopefully will be upgraded with a draft pick who ideally would start at RT sooner rather than later. More likely he could compete with B. Richardson as the game day swing tackle (both the LT and RT backup)

Assuming he is willing to take a short term contract with the vet minimum plus incentives or close to it as I'd guess that's all the team would be offering. Something along the lines of him actually having to make the roster to earn most if not all of the money.

I know he has played LT but i don't know if he ever has played RT or G.

Would be the type of signing that wouldn't suprise or excite me but it wouldn't piss me off either. Assuming they wouldn't cross RT off their needs list in the draft.

tyton75
03-23-2010, 05:01 AM
wouldn't be pissed if we picked up Deon Grant..

bevischief
03-23-2010, 05:23 AM
To the ship.

Dark Horse
03-23-2010, 07:40 AM
I would take Pisa Tinoisamoa of any of those guys, but only because he has a cool sounding name.

Wilson8
03-23-2010, 09:05 AM
IF the Chiefs are planning on drafting an OT with their 1st pick rather than Berry, then maybe Ram's RFA FS O.J. Atogwe. He was tendered but a team would not have to give up draft picks. Since he is a RFA, the Rams could match the deal and keep him though (right-of-first-refusal).

IF the doctors give their approval, OLB Keith Bulluck.