PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Missouri Billboard. Long Hot Summer to come.

HonestChieffan
03-23-2010, 03:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3QqO8EXd-II/S6iKiGW7boI/AAAAAAAAx70/gStkI-kTMdk/s400/ATT00001.jpg

Cannibal
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I wonder why we didn't see these signs when the Bush admin. and his Republicans ran our debt through the roof and crushed our economy?

This crazy off the hinge anti-gov stuff basically started popping up right after Obama was elected, something is amiss here.

I don't think we're heading for civil war, but I definately think we are heading for huge waves of domestic terrorism from right wing extremists.

Slainte
03-23-2010, 03:47 PM
So the assassination of a sitting president...is that option also on the table?...

KC Dan
03-23-2010, 03:50 PM
I wonder why we didn't see these signs when the Bush admin. and his Republicans ran our debt through the roof and crushed our economy? To the roof, the Dems have broken thru and are half way to the moon

I don't think we're heading for civil war, but I definately think we are heading for huge waves of domestic terrorism from right wing extremists. Thanks, Nancy!

talastan
03-23-2010, 03:50 PM
I wonder why we didn't see these signs when the Bush admin. and his Republicans ran our debt through the roof and crushed our economy?

This crazy off the hinge anti-gov stuff basically started popping up right after Obama was elected, something is amiss here.

I don't think we're heading for civil war, but I definately think we are heading for huge waves of domestic terrorism from right wing extremists.

Several people were upset about the Bush years, the difference is that Obama/Pelosi/Reid have quadrupled down on what Bush did, all in a little over a year! The straw has finally broken the camel's back and the people are holding their leaders accountable.

Chocolate Hog
03-23-2010, 03:55 PM

We did it was the people who voted for Ron Paul which the media choose to ignored.

Frazod
03-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Somehow I don't think that will be up there very long.

ChiefaRoo
03-23-2010, 04:15 PM
There are a lot of very angry people out there who believe what the Govt. is doing is impeding their freedoms. The people are right. They are the not so silent majority. The Libs are going to find that out in Nov.

tmax63
03-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Obama has pissed off the large normally silent majority of the US. I only hope that the lying sack's o sh!t (all of them) currently in office don't have enough time to gloss this over by November and that this majority doesn't forget and let them lie their way back into office.

patteeu
03-23-2010, 07:07 PM

My guess would be because it didn't happen. Bush deficits were couch cushion change compared to Obama's and Obama is far from through.

patteeu
03-23-2010, 07:08 PM
We did it was the people who voted for Ron Paul which the media choose to ignored.

OK, dottefan.

Chocolate Hog
03-23-2010, 07:40 PM
OK, dottefan.

Whatever Shtspyr.

patteeu
03-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Whatever Shtspyr.

LMAO

RNR
03-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I hear the silly talk of an uprising or a revolution. Those days are long long gone. The tools and technology along with the removal of our rights will squall any attempt quickly. Now someone can call out Bush and the patriot act but they should keep in mind Barry extended it and will not reverse it~

ChiefaRoo
03-23-2010, 09:12 PM
I hear the silly talk of an uprising or a revolution. Those days are long long gone. The tools and technology along with the removal of our rights will squall any attempt quickly. Now someone can call out Bush and the patriot act but they should keep in mind Barry extended it and will not reverse it~

I think you need to clarify. Are you saying that the American people won't rise up at the ballot box and through dissent?

Or are you talking about people taking up arms? If the latter are you saying our professional military would violate the Posse Comitatus Act and their constitutional oath and steal the liberty of the very people they are committed to protect?

Asked another way would the US military leadership obey an order from the President to violate the Constitutional rights of the American people through force or arms?

googlegoogle
03-23-2010, 09:17 PM

War creates debt but anything like huge welfare programs that never end unlike war?

RNR
03-23-2010, 09:21 PM
I think you need to clarify. Are you saying that the American people won't rise up at the ballot box and through dissent?

Or are you talking about people taking up arms? If the latter are you saying our professional military would violate the Posse Comitatus Act and their constitutional oath and steal the liberty of the very people they are committed to protect?

Asked another way would the US military leadership obey an order from the President to violate the Constitutional rights of the American people through force or arms?

Oh I think there will be a reckoning in November. I was talking about the silly talk I have heard about people taking up arms against the government~

RNR
03-23-2010, 09:26 PM

If anyone takes up arms against the government they will be gunned down, As to violating the Constitutional rights of the American people read up on Waco and Ruby Ridge they have no problem crossing lines~

ChiefaRoo
03-23-2010, 09:33 PM
If anyone takes up arms against the government they will be gunned down, As to violating the Constitutional rights of the American people read up on Waco and Ruby Ridge they have no problem crossing lines~

I remember watching Waco on TV. That being said I'd like to think that the Joint Chiefs and our military leadership would not accept an order to dissolve a peaceful peoples rights. I'm talking about an order that would in effect end the US as a democratic experiment when there is no clear and present danger to the Nation.

I know, I'm deep. :)

Taco John
03-23-2010, 09:35 PM

It's simple. The organization wasn't there. The Tea Party was born of Bush, but didn't have any political organization until they came together to rally around Ron Paul.

notorious
03-23-2010, 09:36 PM
I remember watching Waco on TV. That being said I'd like to think that the Joint Chiefs and our military leadership would not accept an order to dissolve a peaceful peoples rights. I'm talking about an order that would in effect end the US as a democratic experiment when there is no clear and present danger to the Nation.

I don't think there would be an outright show of military power from anyone trying to break away from the US. Instead, their citizens would stop sending tax money to DC, and the state would refuse federal funding.

Having armed citizens and the Texas NG at the borders ready to defend it is pretty far-fetched.

RNR
03-23-2010, 09:41 PM

I am rather shallow :) and in the case of Ruby Ridge they senselessly slaughtered his son and wife when there was no threat. They created a so called threat. In the case of the mother she was shot buy a sniper from long distance. The son all 5'3" 70 lbs of him was "mistaken" for an adult assailant~

ChiefaRoo
03-23-2010, 09:47 PM
I am rather shallow :) and in the case of Ruby Ridge they senselessly slaughtered his son and wife when there was no threat. They created a so called threat. In the case of the mother she was shot buy a sniper from long distance. The son all 5'3" 70 lbs of him was "mistaken" for an adult assailant~

I agree with you.

BigRedChief
03-23-2010, 09:48 PM
I was talking about the silly talk I have heard about people taking up arms against the government~Low life traitorous talk.

RNR
03-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Low life traitorous talk.

How so?

BigRedChief
03-23-2010, 09:50 PM
How so?uhhh taking up arms against the government?

RNR
03-23-2010, 09:53 PM
uhhh taking up arms against the government?

I thought you refering to me~

petegz28
03-23-2010, 09:55 PM

You do realize that was how this country was founded, don't you??

BigRedChief
03-23-2010, 09:55 PM
I thought you refering to me~No, I was adressing those who are doing that traitorous talking.

ChiefaRoo
03-23-2010, 09:56 PM

It's silly to suggest people would take up arms against the Govt. We are the Govt. The USA exists because the people make it work. If the people don't cooperate the US ceases to exist as a Democracy. Would the Military actually do that? Would they really destroy Democracy and violate the Constitution they are sworn to protect?

BigRedChief
03-23-2010, 09:57 PM
You do realize that was how this country was founded, don't you??IMHO, nothing has happened that warrants the violent overthrow of the government. Do you?

Dave Lane
03-23-2010, 09:59 PM

Was Bush black? I forget...

RNR
03-23-2010, 09:59 PM
You do realize that was how this country was founded, don't you??

A fine line separates a traitor and a patriot~

notorious
03-23-2010, 10:01 PM
A fine line separates a traitor and a patriot~

It depends on who wins according to history.

BigRedChief
03-23-2010, 10:01 PM
A fine line separates a traitor and a patriot~No there is not. You advocate the violent overthrow of the government you are a traitor.

Taco John
03-23-2010, 10:02 PM
I am against all acts of force or violence.

Dave Lane
03-23-2010, 10:03 PM

I had no problem with it either. I still can't figure out WTF happened at Waco. If that had been me or you in there they would have called B52s to bomb the place about 3 minutes after we killed the ATF officers. I'm with you WTF did they wait so long for?

notorious
03-23-2010, 10:03 PM
No there is not. You advocate the violent overthrow of the government you are a traitor.

So the founders were traitors? They were traitors to GB, but not to the soon to be formed US.

RNR
03-23-2010, 10:04 PM
It depends on who wins according to history.

The past happened, history is what was written down by the winner. A loose copy of a quote I read years ago~

notorious
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
The past happened, history is what was written down by the winner. A loose copy of a quote I read years ago~

Exactly.

Dave Lane
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
I think that Ruby Ridge and Waco are why republicans don't have respect for Democrats. Dithering and restraint is a sign of weakness to them. Reagan would have nuked them before the ATF officers hit the ground in both cases.

BigRedChief
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Was Bush black? I forget...Our government lied to us about the reason we went to a war that has cost over 4,000 Americans their lives, over 10,000 citzens an arm or leg and milllions with memories of war that they will carry with them the rest of their lifes. If that doesn't get your revolutionary fevor up but having to pay for your own health insurance in 6 years does?

RNR
03-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I think that Ruby Ridge and Waco are why republicans don't have respect for Democrats. Dithering and restraint is a sign of weakness to them. Reagan would have nuked them before the ATF officers hit the ground in both cases.

The ring leader of Waco could have been captured numerous times in town without violence. Ruby Ridge was a nickle and dime scumbag that could have been taken down easily without the violent showdown. I am in noway defending the shitbags involved but our government showed poor form in both instances and over stepped their bounds in both cases~

patteeu
03-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Our government lied to us about the reason we went to a war that has cost over 4,000 Americans their lives, over 10,000 citzens an arm or leg and milllions with memories of war that they will carry with them the rest of their lifes. If that doesn't get your revolutionary fevor up but having to pay for your own health insurance in 6 years does?

Our government didn't lie to us about the reason we went to war. Good grief. You can't blame the government for your misconceptions.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 06:09 AM
Our government didn't lie to us about the reason we went to war. Good grief. You can't blame the government for your misconceptions.your misconception is that they just relied on faulty intelligence.

But the orginal point is that a lot of "things" have happened in this country but having to buy health insurance in a couple of years = the violent overthrow of the U.S. government? jeeezzzz no one else finds this absurd?

InChiefsHell
03-24-2010, 06:22 AM
your misconception is that they just relied on faulty intelligence.

But the orginal point is that a lot of "things" have happened in this country but having to buy health insurance in a couple of years = the violent overthrow of the U.S. government? jeeezzzz no one else finds this absurd?

You are really being a simpleton if you think that's the actual big problem here. It's a symptom of a MUCH bigger issue. It's not JUST about being forced into buying insurance, it's the FACT that they are trashing the Constitution in order to "make it so". THAT'S the problem. If they can do it over this, where will it end?

Trust them all you want, but the Constitution was set up to expressly LIMIT the government's powers. No way in hell was it set up to allow the government to force us to buy something. Period.

I guess you could call it the slippery slope...but we've been down the slope for a while now. We are seeing the fruits of it.

I don't believe we will see armed resistance, but I can definitely see unrest and rioting in the future when this thing blows up in our faces. At that point, I'll be taking up arms to protect my family and my stuff, not from the government, but rather from a psycho citizenry whom the government is unable to fully control.

...that's worst case scenario, by the way...

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 06:25 AM
You are really being a simpleton if you think that's the actual big problem here. It's a symptom of a MUCH bigger issue. It's not JUST about being forced into buying insurance, it's the FACT that they are trashing the Constitution in order to "make it so". THAT'S the problem. If they can do it over this, where will it end?

Trust them all you want, but the Constitution was set up to expressly LIMIT the government's powers. No way in hell was it set up to allow the government to force us to buy something. Period.

I guess you could call it the slippery slope...but we've been down the slope for a while now. We are seeing the fruits of it.

I don't believe we will see armed resistance, but I can definitely see unrest and rioting in the future when this thing blows up in our faces. At that point, I'll be taking up arms to protect my family and my stuff, not from the government, but rather from a psycho citizenry whom the government is unable to fully control.

...that's worst case scenario, by the way...So you feel, can see the point of citzens that believe that the violent overthrow of the U.S. government is warranted at this point in time?

blaise
03-24-2010, 06:28 AM

I love how the left conveniently ignores the fact that there were unruly protests and extreme anger toward Republicans when Bush was in office, like it never happened. All of a sudden people that don't agree with the government are dangerous, when for the 8 years before that they were engaging in the highest form of patriotism. It's laughable.

InChiefsHell
03-24-2010, 06:32 AM
So you feel, can see the point of citzens that believe that the violent overthrow of the U.S. government is warranted at this point in time?

I'd like to see where my post would indicate that...:spock:

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 06:41 AM
I'd like to see where my post would indicate that...:spock:I was asking the question not saying you approve.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 06:43 AM
I love how the left conveniently ignores the fact that there were unruly protests and extreme anger toward Republicans when Bush was in office, like it never happened. All of a sudden people that don't agree with the government are dangerous, when for the 8 years before that they were engaging in the highest form of patriotism. It's laughable.I don't remember seeing or hearing calls for the viiolent overthrow of the U.S. government at these anti-Bush rallies.

Baby Lee
03-24-2010, 06:48 AM
Our government lied to us about the reason we went to a war that has cost over 4,000 Americans their lives, over 10,000 citzens an arm or leg and milllions with memories of war that they will carry with them the rest of their lifes. If that doesn't get your revolutionary fevor up but having to pay for your own health insurance in 6 years does?

You see, when I see one proposition couched in overtly inflammatory terms, and the counter proposition couched in overtly minimalistic, in this case strawman, terms, I sense that even the proposer knows he's gilding the lily.

It's not about 'having to buy insurance' it's about government takeover of this immense and important market, and the sequalae of that takeover.

blaise
03-24-2010, 06:51 AM
I don't remember seeing or hearing calls for the viiolent overthrow of the U.S. government at these anti-Bush rallies.

Do you remember people being arrested for trying to bring molotov cocktails to the Republican convention?

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 06:52 AM
You see, when I see one proposition couched in overtly inflammatory terms, and the counter proposition couched in overtly minimalistic, in this case strawman, terms, I sense that even the proposer knows he's gilding the lily.

It's not about 'having to buy insurance' it's about government takeover of this immense and important market, and the sequalae of that takeover.There is no takeover of health isurance. Please explain this takeover? What insurance plan must every american have that is run by the government and not private industry? Where is that in the bill?

These doomsday, the sky is falling scare tactics are pathetic.

Cannibal
03-24-2010, 06:52 AM
We have now spent about 1 trillion dollars in Iraq which accomplished 0 for this nation's security and wasted 50,000+ lives on both sides. I guess I don't really accept the opinion of people not doing this same shit when Bush was in. And no people really were not bitching about it at the time. Of course now that Bush is out they act like they did to cover their own asses.

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 06:55 AM
I wouldnt over react. The message to me is just how angry people are at leadership that wont listen. Hyperbole will come with that but the message is clear people are unhappy and motivated to see real change not what we have now.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 06:58 AM
I wouldnt over react. The message to me is just how angry people are at leadership that wont listen. Hyperbole will come with that but the message is clear people are unhappy and motivated to see real change not what we have now.wellll I can agree with that. This isn't the "change" I signed on for either. But as long as lobbyist and corporations are allowed to funnel money into our political system it will remain corrupted. Until that changes, there will be no "real" change in Washington. The status quo will never go away. People in power don't give up power willingly.

patteeu
03-24-2010, 07:41 AM
We have now spent about 1 trillion dollars in Iraq which accomplished 0 for this nation's security and wasted 50,000+ lives on both sides. I guess I don't really accept the opinion of people not doing this same shit when Bush was in. And no people really were not bitching about it at the time. Of course now that Bush is out they act like they did to cover their own asses.

You and BRC are brothers in delusion.

patteeu
03-24-2010, 07:44 AM
wellll I can agree with that. This isn't the "change" I signed on for either.

You'll find a way to embrace it and shake your pom poms anyway, I'm sure.

But as long as lobbyist and corporations are allowed to funnel money into our political system it will remain corrupted. Until that changes, there will be no "real" change in Washington. The status quo will never go away. People in power don't give up power willingly.

Yeah, it couldn't be the fault of the lawmakers themselves (unless it's a Republican of course). Poor, poor Obama. It's so sad to see him victimized by those terrible lobbyists. Tsk tsk.

notorious
03-24-2010, 07:47 AM
wellll I can agree with that. This isn't the "change" I signed on for either. But as long as lobbyist and corporations are allowed to funnel money into our political system it will remain corrupted. Until that changes, there will be no "real" change in Washington. The status quo will never go away. People in power don't give up power willingly.

Stop Union contributions while they are at it.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Stop Union contributions while they are at it.I'm onboard with that too.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 07:49 AM
You and BRC are brothers in delusion.ROFL we are not the ones trying to re-write history to cover our azz.

notorious
03-24-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm onboard with that too.

Absolutely.

Where will the money come from other then their own pockets? That will really give the rich an advantage IMO.

patteeu
03-24-2010, 08:03 AM
ROFL we are not the ones trying to re-write history to cover our azz.

I'm accusing you of delusion. To the extent you're rewriting history, you're doing it to justify your delusions not cover your ass.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Absolutely.

Where will the money come from other then their own pockets? That will really give the rich an advantage IMO.And I'm okay with that. We just cap the allowed money that the rich can give to a single candidate, say a $1,000,000 or so.

patteeu
03-24-2010, 08:28 AM
And I'm okay with that. We just cap the allowed money that the rich can give to a single candidate, say a $1,000,000 or so.

Those contributions are already capped at a far lower level than that. Are you saying the caps should be dramatically raised?

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Those contributions are already capped at a far lower level than that. Are you saying the caps should be dramatically raised?yes but only if PACS, lobbying groups are disbaned. Let individuals have more say in elections, lets have term limits while we are at it. They can still meet, coordinate their political goals together but can't give money as a group and cap the amount an individual can give per candidate.

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Love it or Leave it

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Freedom of Speech must not mean much to BRC

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Freedom of Speech must not mean much to BRChuh? We have freedom speech under this idea? Just can't give money as groups to political causes, only as individuals.

Whats your idea to fix the lobbying entrenched beauracy that controls Washington and thereby us?

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 09:05 AM
huh? We have freedom speech under this idea? Just can't give money as groups to political causes, only as individuals.

Whats your idea to fix the lobbying entrenched beauracy that controls Washington and thereby us?

I dont feel that that is even close to reality. Im far more afraid of anyone who wants to restrict freedom of speech than I am of those who exercise that right legally.

Many of those people you paint as being so evil represent your views im sure on some issues or matters of interest.

The greatest threat to my freedom of speech and yours is to restrict freedom of speech on others you dont agree with.

notorious
03-24-2010, 09:08 AM

That's were I am split.

I believe that if a person wants to donate 100 billion to a tiger from the Wichita Zoo to run for City Manager in Bazine, Ks, he should be allowed to do it.

It's one of those questions that has no defined answer. Either cap air time and money to make it fair, or open the flood gates and you get what we have now.

patteeu
03-24-2010, 09:19 AM
yes but only if PACS, lobbying groups are disbaned. Let individuals have more say in elections, lets have term limits while we are at it. They can still meet, coordinate their political goals together but can't give money as a group and cap the amount an individual can give per candidate.

Your plan marginalizes the non-wealthy to an even greater extent than the current system. PACs allow the small guy to pool his money with those who have similar interests and have an impact. We should just honor freedom of speech and eliminate limits.

patteeu
03-24-2010, 09:22 AM
huh? We have freedom speech under this idea? Just can't give money as groups to political causes, only as individuals.

What's wrong with putting the responsibility for making good and non-corrupt governing decisions fully on the elected decision-makers. Why do you make excuses for the politicians?

The Mad Crapper
03-24-2010, 09:24 AM

Of course not, he's a moonbat.

talastan
03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Glenn Beck is talking about this on his radio show right now.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Glenn Beck is talking about this on his radio show right now.jezzzz you listen to Glen Beck on the radio? The man appears mentally unbalanced to me.

InChiefsHell
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
jezzzz you listen to Glen Beck on the radio? The man appears mentally unbalanced to me.

That's because you have swallowed the kool-aid about how much of a crack pot he is. Same as Rush et al. Well, they also represent everything that you hate, so there is that.

Just because someone doesn't worship at the alter of Obama doesn't mean they are mentally unbalanced.

blaise
03-24-2010, 12:24 PM
That's because you have swallowed the kool-aid about how much of a crack pot he is. Same as Rush et al. Well, they also represent everything that you hate, so there is that.

Just because someone doesn't worship at the alter of Obama doesn't mean they are mentally unbalanced.

You're a dangerous fringe RWNJ. Scary stuff.

talastan
03-24-2010, 12:25 PM
jezzzz you listen to Glen Beck on the radio? The man appears mentally unbalanced to me.

Actually he was advocating against the Prepare for War slogan. His opinion is that we work with the battlefield of ideas, not with guns. Otherwise when we could risk a repeat of the French Revolution instead of the American one. He speaks that people must stand on principles and not just act without thinking. He also says to question everything he or anyone else tells you and find out for yourself where you stand on issues. He is not imbalanced and not nearly as fanatical as the MSM make him out to be. But I do enjoy that he gets under the Liberal Progressive's skin. :p

InChiefsHell
03-24-2010, 12:31 PM
You're a dangerous fringe RWNJ. Scary stuff.

MUAHAHAHAHAAAA MUTHA FUGGAAAA!!:evil:

notorious
03-24-2010, 12:37 PM

He is entertaining. Nothing more nothing less.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM
DC LOUNGE IS NOW KNOWN AS DOTTEFAN LOUNGE....WE OWN IT..

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Actually he was advocating against the Prepare for War slogan. His opinion is that we work with the battlefield of ideas, not with guns. Otherwise when we could risk a repeat of the French Revolution instead of the American one. He speaks that people must stand on principles and not just act without thinking. He also says to question everything he or anyone else tells you and find out for yourself where you stand on issues. He is not imbalanced and not nearly as fanatical as the MSM make him out to be. But I do enjoy that he gets under the Liberal Progressive's skin. :pI watched a you tube clip of him on his show where he talked about Obama's copenhagen trip to get the Nobel prize and tried to tie in cancer from copenhagen chewing tobacco and Obamas policies were also cancer. The dude is really weird.

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 12:58 PM
can you show us that clip

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 12:58 PM
can you show us that clipNope, not from work. Should be easy to find, it was a real popular video.

talastan
03-24-2010, 12:59 PM
I watched a you tube clip of him on his show where he talked about Obama's copenhagen trip to get the Nobel prize and tried to tie in cancer from copenhagen chewing tobacco and Obamas policies were also cancer. The dude is really weird.

I'll give you that but he is funny and does give a lot of interesting information. As to whether you agree or not, he leaves that up to you.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 05:00 PM

BECAUSE BUSH WAS WHITE..PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THESE REPUKES WONT FESS UP AND SAY WHATS IN THEIR HEARTS...THEY HATE TO SEE OTHERS IN POWER THAT DONT SHARE THEIR SAME SKIN TONE, OR SEX.