PDA

View Full Version : Education Poll: What will HC reform do to our budget deficit in the next 15 years?

mlyonsd
03-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Figured we should probably go on record the day this legislation is signed into law to predict it's impact on our deficit.

I picked 15 years just out of the blue.

The one assumption to make is that tax increases other than described in the new legislation go into affect during this time period.

Poll to follow.

tmax63
03-23-2010, 06:54 PM
The first few years it will be close to neutral but come 2014 when the thing starts taking effect the deficit will grow in leaps and bounds. That's one of the deceitful things about this bill. If this reform is so great why wait 4 years (after a try a re-election) until you start phasing it in. In the meantime all the taxes start today and will get funneled into to buying more votes for other government intrusion into our lives.

Cannibal
03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
The CBO estimates state the bill will save 100 billion over the next 10 years. I hope they are right, but they have been wrong before.

patteeu
03-23-2010, 08:20 PM
The CBO estimates state the bill will save 100 billion over the next 10 years. I hope they are right, but they have been wrong before.

:LOL:

Even if that estimate were guaranteed by God, it would go out the window as soon as the unrealistic assumptions that were forced on the CBO are thrown out the window. As soon as medicare cuts aren't made (later this year for the "doc fix" part, btw) or as soon as taxes on union members aren't collected, the estimate becomes obsolete.

Chief Henry
03-23-2010, 08:44 PM
If it were only to increase by $1.00 - I would buy the house a round.

RNR
03-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Not a chance in hell~

mlyonsd
03-24-2010, 09:07 AM
:LOL:

Even if that estimate were guaranteed by God, it would go out the window as soon as the unrealistic assumptions that were forced on the CBO are thrown out the window. As soon as medicare cuts aren't made (later this year for the "doc fix" part, btw) or as soon as taxes on union members aren't collected, the estimate becomes obsolete.

When that happens do you think our liberal friends will have the nads to admit Obama, Reid, and Pelosi lied us into health care reform?

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 09:09 AM
They will be off by a magnitude equal to that they were off on Medicare, Medicaide, and SS. The cost burden will be the downfall of socialized medicine here as it will be in other countries.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 09:27 AM
They will be off by a magnitude equal to that they were off on Medicare, Medicaide, and SS. The cost burden will be the downfall of socialized medicine here as it will be in other countries.

We have Unviversal Healthcare now. The insurance companies still get paid and the rates still go up. What that will lead to is socialized medicine by which the medical professions will be employees of the state.

patteeu
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
When that happens do you think our liberal friends will have the nads to admit Obama, Reid, and Pelosi lied us into health care reform?

No, but you make a good point. Many of the same people who felt like they'd been lied into war are swallowing every absurd claim Nancy Pelosi or Barack Obama makes to rationalize their support for this Health Care law. You'd think they'd develop a more sophisticated understanding of how Washington works after a while.

The Mad Crapper
03-24-2010, 09:32 AM
If you want the answer, just look at precedent:

Once upon a time, the Federal Government said "college tuition is too expensive, let's fix it" and after "fixing" it, the cost of tuition went up exponentially.