PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Rand Paul money bomb: $2.3 million and ticking

Taco John
03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Not bad for a single day haul:

http://www.randpaul2010.com/

Taco John
03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Wait. Nevermind. I read that ticker wrong. That's how much he's raised for his entire campaign. My bad.

alnorth
03-23-2010, 10:53 PM
I actually sent him $25 a week or so ago. Not much, but I dont normally donate much money at all for political campaigns, especially outside my state.

He and his father are just a little bit too crazy for an executive role (POTUS), but I thought Rand would do a whole lot of good, more than your stereotypical republican, in the Senate.

Chocolate Hog
03-23-2010, 11:11 PM
The neo-cons are putting on the full court press. It's going to be a close race.

alnorth
03-23-2010, 11:21 PM
The neo-cons are putting on the full court press. It's going to be a close race.

Maybe, but I doubt it. In December Rand had opened up a 19-point lead before the establishment candidate finally realized this wasn't a clown and he actually had a real race. After 3 months and a lot of attack ads, he has managed to shift about 3-4 points from one column to the other. He's got less than 2 months left to make up 12 points and he's only polling in the high 20's.

There's a lot of undecided but if he doesnt peel off any more Rand supporters, he would need to get more than 2/3 of them.

BWillie
03-24-2010, 12:03 AM
So I know alot about Ron Paul, but not alot about his son. I assume they have pretty much the same political beliefs? What is different about them?

This is great news, especially since Ron Paul is probably older than Bob Dole and will have dementia setting in very soon.

Ebolapox
03-24-2010, 12:05 AM
the issue I have is his name is close to 'randa,' and that either reminds me of JOE randa or a friend of my sister's when I was younger--total hag. not good on name-appeal alone.

BWillie
03-24-2010, 12:14 AM
the issue I have is his name is close to 'randa,' and that either reminds me of JOE randa or a friend of my sister's when I was younger--total hag. not good on name-appeal alone.

Sounds better than Randy. Nobody wants to elect a Randy.

alnorth
03-24-2010, 07:39 AM
So I know alot about Ron Paul, but not alot about his son. I assume they have pretty much the same political beliefs? What is different about them?

This is great news, especially since Ron Paul is probably older than Bob Dole and will have dementia setting in very soon.

They are similar, but his son is a little bit closer to being a mainstream conservative than Ron, who is basically an uber-libertarian.

Chocolate Hog
03-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Dick Cheney endorsed Trey Grayson. I'm telling you this is going to end up being a close race.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 02:46 PM
No it's not close. But they neocons are definitely doing that. His opponent is a former Cinton supporter.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
They are similar, but his son is a little bit closer to being a mainstream conservative than Ron, who is basically an uber-libertarian.

He is different than his father but just a bit more conservative. He would have pushed for a Dec of War on Iraq and then voted against it like his father.
But his father is not considered that libertarian by the uber-libertarians. They criticize his libertarianism.
It's usually the wing that want's its next fix and its next hook-up. Just a fyi.

Taco John
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM

Ron Paul is actually a moderate libertarian, for the record.

Taco John
03-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Buc beat me to it.

BucEyedPea
Ron Paul is actually a moderate libertarian, for the record.

That's right.

BucEyedPea
oops just saw your other post

Chocolate Hog
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
No it's not close. But they neocons are definitely doing that. His opponent is a former Cinton supporter.

The largest lead was 19% now the polls are tightening it's a 12% lead with alot of undecided voters. Naturally people vote for the name they know. It'll be close but I think Paul wins by 5-8%.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 04:02 PM
The largest lead was 19% now the polls are tightening it's a 12% lead with alot of undecided voters. Naturally people vote for the name they know. It'll be close but I think Paul wins by 5-8%.

Okay. That's new info on the matter.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 04:19 PM
I just got an email with this in it:

In fact, Rand Paul's opponent Trey Grayson received over one quarter of a million dollars a few weeks ago in a lobbyist fundraiser hosted by AIG, pushing him ahead of Dr. Paul for cash on hand.

Man Rand better highlight that he's getting funds from AIG!

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Wow...really?