PDA

View Full Version : Misc Tanning Bed Tax

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Last night I heard on KOA-Denver a guy say this is a racist Tax. Lively discussion that underscored how over used the racism claim and accusations are.

Has the world gone mad?

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Last night I heard on KOA-Denver a guy say this is a racist Tax. Lively discussion that underscored how over used the racism claim and accusations are.

Has the world gone mad?tanning tax is racist? Why because its mainly white suburban women that use them?

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2010, 09:55 AM
I have a tanning bed at home, you should look into it....

banyon
03-24-2010, 09:55 AM
White women aren't the only ones who use tanning beds FYI.

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
True.

notorious
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
After they fake-bake to look good for the 10 peak years of their lives, they can apply for health insurance to take care of their skin cancer.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 10:13 AM
tanning tax is racist? Why because its mainly white suburban women that use them?

That's the criteria the "black" community uses.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 10:13 AM
After they fake-bake to look good for the 10 peak years of their lives, they can apply for health insurance to take care of their skin cancer.

Indeed. However our entire tax code is unconstitutional. Singling out a specific business violates the fact that taxes are supposed to be spread out evenly amongst the populace.

Consistent1
03-24-2010, 10:14 AM
I know that black bodybuilders and fitness contestants actually use them for contest prep. However, this is a good argument in reality if you are white and get sick of the race card being pulled. The stats would be overwhelmingly supportive of this being against white people.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 10:14 AM
That's the criteria the "black" community uses.And those that say this is a racist tax could have a point. Since that vast majority that use this service are white.

mlyonsd
03-24-2010, 10:15 AM
I know that black bodybuilders and fitness contestants actually use them for contest prep. However, this is a good argument in reality if you are white and get sick of the race card being pulled. The stats would be overwhelmingly supportive of this being against white people.

The dems original idea was a cosmetic tax, one that would include all elective cosmetic surgery. It was killed because taxing botox was considered unfair to women.....and Pelosi.

notorious
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
taxing botox was considered unfair to women.....and Pelosi.

ROFL

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
The dems original idea was a cosmetic tax, one that would include all elective cosmetic surgery. It was killed because taxing botox was considered unfair to women.....and Pelosi.

I approve

Consistent1
03-24-2010, 10:21 AM

To me it just hurts business owners. This country is pretty ignorant. They can't manage what they collect anyway. Slap in the face to those who do take risks and try to operate independently. Making up bullshit taxes is really what this country was not supposed to be about. The arrogance over the years has caught up, and here we go....off to the races....and I try to stay the fuck out of here!

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 10:25 AM
To me it just hurts business owners. This country is pretty ignorant. They can't manage what they collect anyway. Slap in the face to those who do take risks and try to operate independently. Making up bullshit taxes is really what this country was not supposed to be about. The arrogance over the years has caught up, and here we go....off to the races....and I try to stay the **** out of here!

Its healthy to discuss this stuff. I tell people when we go out that if your are affraid to discuss politics over dinner then go be with some where else.

Brock
03-24-2010, 10:28 AM

So the fast food tax has a precedent now, I guess.

The Mad Crapper
03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
You guys do realize that Obama is also going to tax grape soda and pork rinds, right? And I don't know any white people who eat that garbage.

I'd call it a wash right there.

Consistent1
03-24-2010, 10:45 AM
You guys do realize that Obama is also going to tax grape soda and pork rinds, right? And I don't know any white people who eat that garbage.

Pork rinds work for Keto and only whites wanna get skinny. You guys in this forum might get boring....

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2010, 10:48 AM
its grape DRINK, mother fucker. get it right

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 11:07 AM
I cannot wait to see how its implemented. I own a business and to my knowledge we dont have a Federal Tax that is levied on a service or product sale. When I have a sales tax event its a state sales tax and I report same to state department of revenue.

How will this be done? Will the state have to collect it? Will it be tracked somehow by the feds? Will feds pay state to collect and monitor? How do they know what businesses have a tanning bed...some beauty parlors have them and they are not part of a business name...Some womens specialty clothing stores have them. Its not like there is a federal registry of tanning businesss.

Im terribly confused how this can be implemented and tracked. Plus why wouldnt the great % of tanning businesses move to a very quiet cash system and never pay a dime of this?

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 11:07 AM

Pork rinds are a staple for Atkins Dieters...

notorious
03-24-2010, 11:09 AM
move to a very quiet cash system

That my friend, is the American Way. :)

The Mad Crapper
03-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Pork rinds are a staple for Atkins Dieters...

OK, Grape drink and Cheetos.

ROFL

orange
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
I cannot wait to see how its implemented. I own a business and to my knowledge we dont have a Federal Tax that is levied on a service or product sale. When I have a sales tax event its a state sales tax and I report same to state department of revenue.

How will this be done? Will the state have to collect it? Will it be tracked somehow by the feds? Will feds pay state to collect and monitor? How do they know what businesses have a tanning bed...some beauty parlors have them and they are not part of a business name...Some womens specialty clothing stores have them. Its not like there is a federal registry of tanning businesss.

Im terribly confused how this can be implemented and tracked. Plus why wouldnt the great % of tanning businesses move to a very quiet cash system and never pay a dime of this?

There are already dozens of Federal excise taxes. Alcohol, tobacco, firearms and ammunition, phone services, etc. How do all those businesses manage?

notorious
03-24-2010, 11:23 AM
There are already dozens of Federal excise taxes. Alcohol, tobacco, firearms and ammunition, phone services, etc. How do all those businesses manage?

By passing cost onto the consumer, of course.

orange
03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Indeed. However our entire tax code is unconstitutional. Singling out a specific business violates the fact that taxes are supposed to be spread out evenly amongst the populace.

To pay the debts of the Revolutionary War, Congress levied excise taxes on distilled spirits, tobacco and snuff, refined sugar, carriages, property sold at auctions, and various legal documents. Even in the early days of the Republic, however, social purposes influenced what was taxed. For example, Pennsylvania imposed an excise tax on liquor sales partly "to restrain persons in low circumstances from an immoderate use thereof." Additional support for such a targeted tax came from property owners, who hoped thereby to keep their property tax rates low, providing an early example of the political tensions often underlying tax policy decisions.

http://www.ustreas.gov/education/fact-sheets/taxes/ustax.shtml

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 11:26 AM

Im not sure. Do you know?

I believe that Booze taxes are paid by the wholesaler or manufacturer since when you buy liquor wine beer you only pay sales taxes if they apply. That means the end provider is not collecting reporting and administering those federal monies.

Firearms taxes...good question again. Cannot recall if I pay when I buy the gun or if its paid by the wholesaler or by retailer when that transaction takes place.

Since the booth is already sold and in use, the collection has to take place at time of sale. So I think your assumption its just gonna happen is false.

orange
03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Im not sure. Do you know?

The same way you do it, in most of these cases. They file a return. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f720.pdf

Unlike you though, they do have to send in the checks themselves.

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 11:44 AM
The same way you do it, in most of these cases. They file a return. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f720.pdf

Unlike you though, they do have to send in the checks themselves.

You dont have any experience with collection of retail taxes do you.

orange
03-24-2010, 11:48 AM
You dont have any experience with collection of retail taxes do you.

Twentyfive years in retail, including managing a store. We didn't sell anything with Federal taxes, though - except with a brief flirtation with ammo (that I didn't manage). All it was, was a little extra paper work, though.

And during all that time, not one jack-booted thug ever kicked in the door. Even during the audits.

YOU (the business) collect the taxes when you take payment. You record them in your books. Then you file the returns and send in the checks.

What the hell do you think happens?

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Thats sort of what I figured. Maybe someone who knows can address the question.You clearly have no clue.

orange
03-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Thats sort of what I figured. Maybe someone who knows can address the question.You clearly have no clue.

Watch out. I'll sic INTERPOL on you! ROFL

mlyonsd
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
So the fast food tax has a precedent now, I guess.

Absolutely. Once the lies about what all this is going to cost are exposed new areas of revenue will have to be discovered.

What better way to control obesity and costs associated with it. Start taxing the chit out of it. Goverment controlling behavior for profit.

Awesome.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
So the fast food tax has a precedent now, I guess.Sure why not? If we have to tax, lets tax something that is causing more costs to be used within the system. The Twinkie tax. But, it will never get off the ground.

Brock
03-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Sure why not? If we have to tax, lets tax something that is causing more costs to be used within the system. The Twinkie tax. But, it will never get off the ground.

How about a no-exercise tax? Where does your logic end?

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2010, 12:44 PM

Has the world gone mad?

Wow. Something we agree on, and no spin. Your next thread should focus on temper tantrum mentality from adults. Because I've never seen it quite as bad as I'm seeing it right now just about everywhere I go. The whole world has gone mad.

Chief Faithful
03-24-2010, 01:14 PM
White man tax.

CoMoChief
03-24-2010, 01:30 PM
How is tanning remotely close to racism. Is it because black's don't have to tan, so it's more focused towards whites ??? ROFL

Jesus ......America needs to grow a pair of fucking balls.

notorious
03-24-2010, 01:32 PM
The Twinkie tax. But, it will never get off the ground.

Just like those that consume Twinkies at an alarming rate. Except for not getting off the ground, it will be their ass that they will not be getting off of.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 01:52 PM
DC LOUNGE IS NOW KNOWN AS DOTTEFAN LOUNGE....WE OWN IT..

Ebolapox
03-24-2010, 01:54 PM
its grape DRINK, mother fucker. get it right

sugar, water, and of course: purple.

Chiefspants
03-24-2010, 05:20 PM
I suppose I now know why Boehner hated this bill so much..

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
tanning tax is racist? Why because its mainly white suburban women that use them?

Of course that's why. They're trying to be black. The taxes discourages such an urge! :D

mlyonsd
03-24-2010, 05:26 PM
I suppose I now know why Boehner hated this bill so much..ROFL Ok, that was pretty good.

VAChief
03-24-2010, 05:54 PM

Maybe it was added just to piss Boehner off.

BigChiefFan
03-24-2010, 05:54 PM
This is just the beginning. The more we give, the more, they'll take. Stand up.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 05:55 PM
This is just the beginning. The more we give, the more, they'll take. Stand up.

YOU SUCK...

Rain Man
03-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I heard that they've got an income offset so that low-income people can visit tanning booths without paying the taxes.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 08:41 PM
I heard that they've got an income offset so that low-income people can visit tanning booths without paying the taxes.

YOU MEAN MINORITIES RIGHT ?

Saul Good
03-24-2010, 09:51 PM

Not all minorities...mostly stupid blacks and Hispanics. Not so much Asians.

Oh crap, you caught me. Somebody help me delete this post before we're all found out...I was simply out-smarted by a product of the Wyandotte County school system. Nothing to be ashamed of there, I guess.

Rain Man
03-24-2010, 10:37 PM

OH MY GOD NO! NO! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!

I don't know why I had to yell that.

I just chuckle at the concept of people on welfare going in and getting tans for free as part of a government program.

Dottefan
03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
OH MY GOD NO! NO! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!

I don't know why I had to yell that.

I just chuckle at the concept of people on welfare going in and getting tans for free as part of a government program.

fuckin repukes are all the same...