PDA

View Full Version : Economics Not even 24 hours later and the lies start to unfold

The Mad Crapper
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Whoops! ObamaCare doesn't cover pre-existing conditions after all, until 2014
By: David Freddoso
Online Opinion Editor
03/24/10 10:16 AM EDT

ObamaCare will not protect children with pre-existing health conditions from being denied health coverage -- not until 2014. This despite endless talking points and promises to the contrary, the Associated Press reports:

Under the new law, insurance companies still would be able to refuse new coverage to children because of a pre-existing medical problem, said Karen Lightfoot, spokeswoman for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, one of the main congressional panels that wrote the bill Obama signed into law Tuesday...

Full protection for children would not come until 2014, said Kate Cyrul, a spokeswoman for the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, another panel that authored the legislation. That's the same year when insurance companies could no longer deny coverage to any person on account of health problems.

Obama's public statements have conveyed the impression that the new protections for kids were more sweeping and straightforward.

He hasn't just "conveyed the impression." He's said it outright, repeatedly. Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., was saying it on television as recently as three hours ago. MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, while criticizing ObamaCare, was saying this morning that he's still glad it would allow his diabetic son to get insurance if he lost his job.

Sorry, but not so fast.

This, as Vice President Biden might say, is a big f***ing deal. It means that in their rush to pass the Senate version of ObamaCare on Christmas Eve, Democrats disarmed one of their main talking points in defense of the legislation for the rest of this year.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Whoops-ObamaCare-doesnt-cover-pre-existing-conditions-after-all-89007962.html#ixzz0j6x2EMl7

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Whoops-ObamaCare-doesnt-cover-pre-existing-conditions-after-all-89007962.html

:doh!:

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 10:14 AM
jeeezzz are you dense? Or just blinded by hate? What is you major malfunction?
Look at the opening post of why I support the bill. right there in the list under 2014, pre-exsisting condition starts.

No one ever said it started right away.

notorious
03-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Wow, they were in such a hurry to get this passed because people were dying on the streets. Now the adults will have to wait until '14.

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
jeeezzz are you dense? Or just blinded by hate? What is you major malfunction?
Look at the opening post of why I support the bill. right there in the list under 2014, pre-exsisting condition starts.

No one ever said it started right away.

Actually that is not true. You are not everyone. And a lot of people said it started immediately.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Actually that is not true. You are not everyone. And a lot of people said it started immediately.welll they are ignorant. Stupid knows no political affiliation.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Stupid post..from an even dumber Repuke.

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:25 AM
welll they are ignorant. Stupid knows no political affiliation.

So you admit Obama is stupid?

CoMoChief
03-24-2010, 10:27 AM
OBAMACARE ====> :facepalm:

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Yo, BRC....

"This is a patient's bill of rights on steroids," the president said Friday at George Mason University in Virginia. "Starting this year, thousands of uninsured Americans with pre-existing conditions will be able to purchase health insurance, some for the very first time. Starting this year, insurance companies will be banned forever from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Gap-in-health-care-laws-apf-4272209396.html?x=0&.v=1

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:30 AM
And Saturday, addressing House Democrats as they approached a make-or-break vote on the bill, Obama said, "This year ... parents who are worried about getting coverage for their children with pre-existing conditions now are assured that insurance companies have to give them coverage -- this year."

Chief Henry
03-24-2010, 10:30 AM
OBAMACARE ====> :facepalm:

Do you guys know when the (so called) 32 million uninsured will be fully covered ? What year does that start ?

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 10:37 AM
So you admit Obama is stupid?He's made some pretty stupid mistakes thats for sure. But stupid? No. He might be the most intelligent President we have had in a while. Thats doesn't neccessarily make you a good president. See Jimmy carter...

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:39 AM
He's made some pretty stupid mistakes thats for sure. But stupid? No. He might be the most intelligent President we have had in a while. Thats doesn't neccessarily make you a good president. See Jimmy carter...

You just said people who said children with pre-existing conditions would be covered this year are ignorant and that stupid knows no party affiliation.

Chief Henry
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
SO these kids are not covered huh ? In a 2700 page bill - wtf else don't we know about ?

Remember last week when Pelosi said we have to pass it so we know whats in it...:cuss:

talastan
03-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Wow, they were in such a hurry to get this passed because people were dying on the streets. Now the adults will have to wait until '14.

And yet the taxes start immediately.....10 years of payments for six years of service. Obama/Pelosi/Reid math at work there. ROFL

talastan
03-24-2010, 10:49 AM
SO these kids are not covered huh ? In a 2700 page bill - wtf else don't we know about ?

Remember last week when Pelosi said we have to pass it so we know whats in it...:cuss:

Wasn't there something about all student loans now going through the federal government or was that earmarked in another bill.

talastan
03-24-2010, 10:51 AM
He's made some pretty stupid mistakes thats for sure. But stupid? No. He might be the most intelligent President we have had in a while. Thats doesn't neccessarily make you a good president. See Jimmy carter...

Funny you should compare those two.......

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Funny you should compare those two.......I aims to please masta.

CoMoChief
03-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Do you guys know when the (so called) 32 million uninsured will be fully covered ? What year does that start ?

I thought it didn't kick in til 2014

CoMoChief
03-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Wasn't there something about all student loans now going through the federal government or was that earmarked in another bill.

No they hid that into this bill as well......because you know....they have everything to do w/ one another. All it does is create more govt agencies. Just what everyone wants/needs.

mlyonsd
03-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Spend a year on health care and they still can't get the language right?

Buffoons.

talastan
03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Spend a year on health care and they still can't get the language right?

Buffoons.

Oh just wait for cap-and-tax, and immigration. You haven't seen anything yet.

CoMoChief
03-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh just wait for cap-and-tax, and immigration. You haven't seen anything yet.

Obama's decision on immigration policy.

AMNESTY FOR ALL......FUCK IT, JUST LET EM ALL IN!!!!

Velvet_Jones
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
No they hid that into this bill as well......because you know....they have everything to do w/ one another. All it does is create more govt agencies. Just what everyone wants/needs.

Kinda ironic that most of the students in college voted for this thug former professor. Maybe he is trying to instruct them on how you "Hugo Chavez" a country in real time.

This is just another industry that this thug is taking over.

Next is the insurance industry. Nobody is talking about the 80/20 - 85/15 benefit payout rule. They will be bankrupt by the time this POS is implemented.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Kinda ironic that most of the students in college voted for this thug former professor. Maybe he is trying to instruct them on how you "Hugo Chavez" a country in real time.

This is just another industry that this thug is taking over.

Next is the insurance industry. Nobody is talking about the 80/20 - 85/15 benefit payout rule. They will be bankrupt by the time this POS is implemented.

So bush wasnt a thug? Guess its because of Obama`s skin color that you refer to him as a thug.

Chief Henry
03-24-2010, 01:08 PM

The gov't is now going to control the college loan bsn. except for some bank in the dakota's. Some bank owner is a major contributor to a democrat up
there :rolleyes: Its called a back room deal :spock:

orange
03-24-2010, 01:41 PM
The gov't is now going to control the college loan bsn. except for some bank in the dakota's. Some bank owner is a major contributor to a democrat up
there :rolleyes: Its called a back room deal :spock:

The "bank in the dakota's" is owned by the state. Are you suggesting that the Federal government should tell a state that they can't give student loans?

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 01:44 PM
So bush wasnt a thug? Guess its because of Obama`s skin color that you refer to him as a thug.Velvet is an insurance company executive. Don't waste your breath.

Chief Henry
03-24-2010, 01:47 PM
The "bank in the dakota's" is owned by the state. Are you suggesting that the Federal government should tell a state that they can't give student loans?

Are you suggesting the gov't should run all of the student loans ?

Are you suggesting its ok to shove a college loan bill inside a health care bill ?

dirk digler
03-24-2010, 01:51 PM

Are you suggesting its ok to shove a college loan bill inside a health care bill ?

Do you know what the % of student loans come from the government already?

orange
03-24-2010, 01:54 PM

The gov't already ran student loans.

Marron, one of my favorite budget wonks, has written a characteristically balanced and thoughtful take on the student loan provisions in the health legislation.

"Opponents have denounced this change as a government takeover of the student loan market. That makes for a great soundbite, but overlooks one key fact: the federal government took over this part of the student loan business a long time ago.

In a private lending market, you would expect lenders to make decisions about whom to lend to and what interest rates to charge. And in return, you would expect those lenders to bear the risks of borrowers defaulting. None of that happens in the market for guaranteed student loans. Instead, the federal government establishes who can qualify for these loans, what interest rates they will pay, and what interest rates the lenders will receive. And the government guarantees the lenders against almost all default risks.

In short, the government already controls all of the most important aspects of this part of the student loan business. The legislation just takes this a step further and cuts back on the role of private firms in the origination of these loans."

I agree entirely. As Marron suggests, the revenue projections are probably overoptimistic. But it's not obvious to me that cutting out the middleman here is such a bad idea.

http://agenda.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Mjk3NGU2YjU0NWI2ODcyY2RmYTUxNDMyYTZhNjA0ODk=

And attaching unrelated bills to one another is SOP in Congress since the beginning of time. Just like ChiefsPlaneteers attaching this topic to a completely unrelated thread.

dirk digler
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Do you know what the % of student loans come from the government already?

I will answer my own question because I didn't know until now.

The federal government student loans make up 77% and the reason why it is not higher is because there are caps on the loan. But fed loans interest rates are half what private's are.

Chief Henry
03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
The gov't already ran student loans.

Marron, one of my favorite budget wonks, has written a characteristically balanced and thoughtful take on the student loan provisions in the health legislation.

"Opponents have denounced this change as a government takeover of the student loan market. That makes for a great soundbite, but overlooks one key fact: the federal government took over this part of the student loan business a long time ago.

In a private lending market, you would expect lenders to make decisions about whom to lend to and what interest rates to charge. And in return, you would expect those lenders to bear the risks of borrowers defaulting. None of that happens in the market for guaranteed student loans. Instead, the federal government establishes who can qualify for these loans, what interest rates they will pay, and what interest rates the lenders will receive. And the government guarantees the lenders against almost all default risks.

In short, the government already controls all of the most important aspects of this part of the student loan business. The legislation just takes this a step further and cuts back on the role of private firms in the origination of these loans."

I agree entirely. As Marron suggests, the revenue projections are probably overoptimistic. But it's not obvious to me that cutting out the middleman here is such a bad idea.

http://agenda.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Mjk3NGU2YjU0NWI2ODcyY2RmYTUxNDMyYTZhNjA0ODk=

And attaching unrelated bills to one another is SOP in Congress since the beginning of time. Just like ChiefsPlaneteers attaching this topic to a completely unrelated thread.

The gov't ran most of the plans already, now they'll control ALL OF IT :(
More gov't control in our lives.

Attaching unrelated bills is BS and yes I know its been done forever, its still
BS.

orange
03-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Private banks will no longer receive a $60 billion subsidy. And the "free our enterprise" right is crying. :violins:

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 05:02 PM
ALL REPUBLICANS.

PLEASE GO OUT AND PURCHASE A TOYOTA...PACK IT WITH YOUR FAMILY...AND TAKE A NICE LONG DRIVE.

THANKS.

Chief Henry
03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
ALL REPUBLICANS.

PLEASE GO OUT AND PURCHASE A TOYOTA...PACK IT WITH YOUR FAMILY...AND TAKE A NICE LONG DRIVE.

THANKS.

I've got my suburban already and its paid for. Its been to Canada twice
and this summer we're taking it to Florida for the 2nd time :) Panama City
actually. Absolutely wonderful place for a friends and family vacation. Oh
I almost forgot, its been to Summitt county Colorado twice for ski vacations.
Its treated us poor white trash rather nicely too I might add. It has lots of leg room and storage too with about 18-19 mpg on the hwy.

You should consider pimping Suburbans instead of those rice burners :evil:

petegz28
03-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Fucking amazing how the Lefties have totally dodged the fact that children with pre-existing conditions would be covered this year according to Obama, but they really will not be.

Chief Faithful
03-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Obama never knew nor cared what was in the bill. It was never about health care.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 06:19 PM
I've got my suburban already and its paid for. Its been to Canada twice
and this summer we're taking it to Florida for the 2nd time :) Panama City
actually. Absolutely wonderful place for a friends and family vacation. Oh
I almost forgot, its been to Summitt county Colorado twice for ski vacations.
Its treated us poor white trash rather nicely too I might add. It has lots of leg room and storage too with about 18-19 mpg on the hwy.

You should consider pimping Suburbans instead of those rice burners :evil:

:rolleyes:..You`re pretty stupid. Obviously the joke went right over your head.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=petegz28;6630516]****ing amazing how the Lefties have totally dodged the fact that children with pre-existing conditions would be covered

shotgun?

Velvet_Jones
03-24-2010, 11:25 PM
So bush wasnt a thug? Guess its because of Obama`s skin color that you refer to him as a thug.

Exactly - you have negative skills.

alnorth
03-24-2010, 11:31 PM
You just said people who said children with pre-existing conditions would be covered this year are ignorant and that stupid knows no party affiliation.

ROFL

I dont believe Obama is "stupid" either, but ya got him there.

Chief Henry
03-25-2010, 12:34 PM
:rolleyes:..You`re pretty stupid. Obviously the joke went right over your head.

The joke is on you actually and you didn't get it...:facepalm:

I can't believe the Obama rubes on this place are not exploding in rage about Obama lying his ass off about preexcisitng conditions for CHILDREN not starting until 2014. Goes with the territory around here. Maybe Obama wasn't lying, maybe he just DIDN"T know what was in the bill.

orange
03-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Maybe Obama wasn't lying, maybe he just DIDN"T know what was in the bill.

Maybe YOU can't read. They're going to address this when the regulations are written. The Bills passed by Congress are never the final word.

Chief Henry
03-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Maybe YOU can't read. They're going to address this when the regulations are written. The Bills passed by Congress are never the final word.

So we don't know whats in the bill yet...good god people !

bluehawkdoc
03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I like the clause our beloved politicians added that protects them from participating in Obamacare themselves.

kcfanXIII
03-25-2010, 01:32 PM

nobody does except the authors... who wrote in legislation exempting themselves. remember, we had to pass it to see whats in it...

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hV-05TLiiLU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

The Mad Crapper
03-30-2010, 09:19 AM
http://www.moonbattery.com/obamacare-symbol.jpg

ROYC75
03-30-2010, 02:45 PM

NO, they will change as they go along, kinda like making your rules in the game as you play it.Why not, if you are the boss and can control your own destiny, why not. It's not only arrogances, it's standard Chicago politics.

The Mad Crapper
03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
I like the clause our beloved politicians added that protects them from participating in Obamacare themselves.

Right?

:rolleyes:

O-Bots don't care.