PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Mother furious after in-school clinic sets up teen's abortion

petegz28
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
SEATTLE -- The mother of a Ballard High School student is fuming after the health center on campus helped facilitate her daughter's abortion during school hours.

The mother, whom KOMO News has chosen to identify only as "Jill," says the clinic kept the information "confidential."

When she signed a consent form, Jill figured it meant her 15 year old could go to the Ballard Teen Health Center located inside the high school for an earache, a sports physical, even birth control, but not for help terminating a pregnancy.

"She took a pregnancy test at school at the teen health center," she said. "Nowhere in this paperwork does it mention abortion or facilitating abortion."

Jill says her daughter, a pro-life advocate, was given a pass, put in a taxi and sent off to have an abortion during school hours all without her family knowing.

"We had no idea this was being facilitated on campus," said Jill. "They just told her that if she concealed it from her family, that it would be free of charge and no financial responsibility."

The Seattle School District says it doesn't run the health clinics at high schools. Swedish Medical Center runs the clinic at Ballard High and protects the students' privacy.

T.J. Cosgrove of the King County Health Department, which administers the school-based programs for the health department, says it's always best if parents are involved in their children's health care, but don't always have a say.

"At any age in the state of Washington, an individual can consent to a termination of pregnancy," he said.

But Jill says she not only didn't have a say in her daughter's abortion, but also didn't know about it.

"Makes me feel like my rights were completely stripped away."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/88971742.html

petegz28
03-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Public schooling at it's finest.

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey it was free.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd go knock some mother****ers out and not a jury in the world would convict me.

Slainte
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
This story has some serious red flags on it...

Jill says her daughter, a pro-life advocate, was given a pass, put in a taxi and sent off to have an abortion during school hours all without her family knowing.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Welcome to liberal land! If I ever have kids, I'll move out of this state so fucking fast.............

morphius
03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
This story has some serious red flags on it...
I think it was supposed to be, "Jill, a pro-life advocate, says her daughter..." and someone screwed up the editing.

talastan
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Again I'm grateful and thank God everyday for my wife who has been homeschooling our children.

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
The mom should understand the school and the government know better than she.

ZepSinger
03-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Again I'm grateful and thank God everyday for my wife who has been homeschooling our children.

Same here, brutha. This is yet another reason why my girls will never experience the public school system.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
This has been going on for awhile. This stuff came into the schools during Clinton's Goals 2000 for leading schools in the direction of full-service schools....meaning health clinic arrangements. In Boston, where a friend of mine works in a HS, he told me back in the mid '90's he saw teens being sent out for abortions.

Radar Chief
03-24-2010, 02:52 PM
The mom should understand the school and the government know better than she.

It takes a village…

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 03:01 PM
It takes a village…

...to raise an idiot!

Amnorix
03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
"At any age in the state of Washington, an individual can consent to a termination of pregnancy," he said.

This seems to be the key quote.

Seems to me that the parent is trying to blame the school system for the actions of the child.

Dr. Van Halen
03-24-2010, 03:57 PM

Seems to me that the parent is trying to blame the school system for the actions of the child.

I agree. The school district doesn't run the clinic. The mother's issue is with her daughter.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 04:01 PM
I agree. The school district doesn't run the clinic. The mother's issue is with her daughter.

Baloney! The school is being an accomplice by keeping it secret from the parent while they facilitate the matter. That makes them guilty of it too. This is what goes in in Boston too.

LOCOChief
03-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh yeah, the school arranges transportation and a medical procedure without necessarily having access to all of the CHILDS medical history. People do realize that there is more potential health risks for a student to undergo an abortion than there is to sit in class don't they? Who should make that decision? The minor child? The school nurse? Our elected officials? The only logical answer is the parents.

That state is ****ed up, and so is any parent that knowingly puts their child in a school system that takes such liberties.

All so called progressives that support this type of thing can go **** themselves!

BigChiefFan
03-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh yeah, the school arranges transportation and a medical procedure without necessarily having access to all of the CHILDS medical history. People do realize that there is more potential health risks for a student to undergo an abortion than there is to sit in class don't they? Who should make that decision? The minor child? The school nurse? Our elected officials? The only logical answer is the parents.

That state is ****ed up, and so is any parent that knowingly puts their child in a school system that takes such liberties.

All so called progressives that support this type of thing can go **** themselves!

I tend to agree. The parents should have the final say. I hope they sue that schools ass off.

mikey23545
03-24-2010, 04:56 PM

Are you fucktards actually being serious?!?!?!?

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 05:03 PM
SHOTGUN....DO IT..DO IT..

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Are you fucktards actually being serious?!?!?!?

There must be a lawyer in that group.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Are you ****tards actually being serious?!?!?!?

Agents of govt ALWAYS blame the parents.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 08:54 PM
There must be a lawyer in that group.

An agent of govt!

petegz28
03-24-2010, 09:26 PM

How did the clinic get into the school in the first place?

Amnorix
03-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Agents of govt ALWAYS blame the parents.

First I'm not an "agent of the government (see next post).

Second, if you knew how to read, you'd note that I'm blaming the student. In other words, the parent's anger is rather misdirected given that the LAW allows anyone in that state to get an abortion without parental consent.

The school does seem to have facilitated the matter, which seems to me to be inappropriate. But for her to be ranting about the school system and her signing a consent and the like seems to me misdirected anger.

Amnorix
03-24-2010, 09:41 PM
An agent of govt!

Well, I have obligations to the court which has given me a license to practice law, but I am in no sense an "agent of the government." I have no authority to bind the government, and with extremely few exceptions, the government doesn't direct what I do, it only mandates certain things that I cannot do (can't violate code of ethics etc).

So, yeah, once again you make an absurdly gross overstatement. How surprising...

Amnorix
03-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I tend to agree. The parents should have the final say. I hope they sue that schools ass off.

Except that's not the freaking LAW (at least not in that state).

Amnorix
03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
That makes them guilty of it too. This is what goes in in Boston too.

You are weirdly fascinated with Boston, since you don't live in Massachusetts anymore.

Nor have i heard much controversy about anything related to this around here anytime lately to say the least. I don't pretend to be familiar with Boston public schools, however, as that's not an issue I care much about.