PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Threats to Dems who voted for HC

Duck Dog
03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
I wonder if these will go unsubstantiated like the supposed racist and homophobic remarks?

Duck Dog
03-24-2010, 02:25 PM
No link yet. Watching it on the Fair and Balanced Network.

orange
03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Here's the Politico piece: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34907.html

Slaughter, a Democrat who chairs the House Rules Committee, said a caller to her office last week vowed to send snipers to “kill the children of the members who voted yes.” Her office reported the call to police, who were dispatched to provide protection for Slaughter’s grandchildren. She has also been in touch with the FBI and U.S. Postal Service inspectors, who intercepted a letter en route to her home in upstate New York.

Substantiated?

Duck Dog
03-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Here's the Politico piece: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34907.html

Substantiated?

Maybe, we'll see. I wouldn't put it past the Dems to make this shit up. Much like the racist, homophobic remarks.

blaise
03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I think Slaughter could end up being one of the ones voted out.

HonestChieffan
03-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Much ado about nothing. Like Bush or Reagan or Clinton or any other pol hasnt had nutbags to deal with

CoMoChief
03-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Maybe, we'll see. I wouldn't put it past the Dems to make this shit up. Much like the racist, homophobic remarks.

I very much believed this happened. It's only the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if some nut out there goes after Obama.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Maybe, we'll see. I wouldn't put it past the Dems to make this shit up. Much like the racist, homophobic remarks.You think it was made up?

blaise
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
I very much believed this happened. It's only the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if some nut out there goes after Obama.

It wouldn't shock me, and not because people on the right are more prone to do it. I think the political climate in the country has gotten more testy, but I think it's both sides.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2010, 03:02 PM
You can expect that type of treatment when you have your hand in someone else's pocket.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 03:07 PM
You can expect that type of treatment when you have your hand in someone else's pocket.
so lets recap....
George W. didn't put his hand in your pocket but just left the bill for you to pay.

$1.2 trillion and counting for the Iraq war.
$1.1 trillion for unfunded tax cuts for the wealthy and business's
$800 Billion for medicare drugs

Total = $3,000,000,000,000.00+ in new debt.

That was okay with you, correct? Because I don't remember you complaing about it back then.

mlyonsd
03-24-2010, 03:16 PM
so lets recap....
George W. didn't put his hand in your pocket but just left the bill for you to pay.

That was okay with you, correct? Because I don't remember you complaing about it back then.

LOL, what's an "unfunded tax cut"?

Duck Dog
03-24-2010, 03:18 PM

I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

fan4ever
03-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Boo hoo . . . "I voted for something millions were against and now a few nutjobs are calling in death threats . . . waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" It comes with the territory; grow up. They've got security and I'm sure their kids aren't going to school with yours or mine.

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
LOL, what's an "unfunded tax cut"?George W. tax cuts. He took $1.1 trillion worth of pending revenue and gave 90% of it to the wealthy.

KC Dan
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
George W. tax cuts. He took $1.1 trillion worth of pending revenue and gave 90% of it to the wealthy.I'll say it again - jeez.... He didn't TAKE money away, he allowed people to keep their hard-earned money. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I'll say it again - jeez.... He didn't TAKE money away, he allowed people to keep their hard-earned money. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?Semantics.....

Chief Henry
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
1.1 trillion tax cut wasn't the gov't money...it was our money. The economy
robounded greatly after 9-11...The dems were voted into power in 2006 and 2008 and look at what the hell happened after that.

It seems to me we have terrorist on the run and are being killed. Obama is still killing terrorist to this day. I consider that a dam good investment. We know have to the Jihad Janes and her wanna be Jihad Janes to deal with. The cost of freedom and chasing down terrorism and defeating it is not a cheap proposition.

800 Billion for seniors is gov't run health care, YOU SHOULD LOVE IT.

KC Dan
03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Semantics.....hopfully that was TIC, hopefully....

fan4ever
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
LOL, what's an "unfunded tax cut"?

Besides that...

This site, which certainly appears anti-war, has the Iraq war at just over 700 billion, not a trillion (check out the war ticker at the lower right). The trillion+ Iraq war gets thrown around a lot.

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/cost_of_war_counter_notes

The tax cuts were to stimulate the economy, just like Obamas stimulus that didn't seem to do jack.

The 800 billion in Medicare drugs was something the liberals dug; no?

LOCOChief
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM

Yes and you can expect that kind of treatment when our govt. rams this shit down our throats in the dark of night. And we're not supposed to have a problem with it??

BigRedChief
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
1.1 trillion tax cut wasn't the gov't money...it was our money. The economy
robounded greatly after 9-11...The dems were voted into power in 2006 and 2008 and look at what the hell happened after that.

As we now know the economy didn't really improve. It was all smoke and mirrors built of a BS housing market and fake wall street trading.

It seems to me we have terrorist on the run and are being killed. Obama is still killing terrorist to this day. I consider that a dam good investment. We know have to the Jihad Janes and her wanna be Jihad Janes to deal with. The cost of freedom and chasing down terrorism and defeating it is not a cheap proposition.

Saddam was not affiliated with Al-Quaeda. It was a total uneccesary war that make us more unsafe, not safer.

800 Billion for seniors is gov't run health care, YOU SHOULD LOVE IT.
$800 billion for big pharma. We don't even get to negoiate a price. The drug company says you'll pay this and we pay it.

mlyonsd
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
George W. tax cuts. He took $1.1 trillion worth of pending revenue and gave 90% of it to the wealthy.

ROFL You make it sound like the wealthy got refund checks that stole dollars from us poor middle income redneck simpletons.

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
George W. tax cuts. He took $1.1 trillion worth of pending revenue and gave 90% of it to the wealthy.

He didn't give the wealthy anything. He let them keep more of what was already theirs. You act like their money is community property.

Really, you should live in a commune or a kibbutz.

mikey23545
03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
so lets recap....

You fucking moron...

The main reason deficits under Bush existed was having a war thrust upon him by religious maniacs only slightly crazier than people who worship Obama.

As far as tax cuts going to the wealthy...The tax rate went down for everyone, and was actually a higher rate cut for lower income people than higher income folks...Besides, if they're the ones paying the taxes, they will be the ones getting the tax cuts...It's kind of hard to give a tax cut to people who aren't paying anything in the first place.

Again, further proof that you are a fucking moron with Obama's cock down your throat.

Obama's deficits in one year will top what Bush had for eight. If you can't comprehend differences in magnitude, just shut up.

fan4ever
03-24-2010, 04:01 PM
You ****ing moron...

The main reason deficits under Bush existed was having a war thrust upon him by religious maniacs only slightly crazier than people who worship Obama.

As far as tax cuts going to the wealthy...The tax rate went down for everyone, and was actually a higher rate cut for lower income people than higher income folks...Besides, if they're the ones paying the taxes, they will be the ones getting the tax cuts...It's kind of hard to give a tax cut to people who aren't paying anything in the first place.

Again, further proof that you are a ****ing moron with Obama's cock down your throat.

Obama's deficits in one year will top what Bush had for eight. If you can't comprehend differences in magnitude, just shut up.

Yikes; you guys need to loosen up and go to my "avatar" site . . . (happy Reaper?) :moon:

BucEyedPea
03-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Perhaps now, the rightes would welcome a terror attack with a neutron bomb which leaves all the Indies and Righties standing but not the hard left Ds.
Wonder if they'd switch their views about terrorists. Oh wait, those guys are NOT civilians. So what would that be called? /sarcasm]

Chief Henry
03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
As we now know the economy didn't really improve. It was all smoke and mirrors built of a BS housing market and fake wall street trading.

Saddam was not affiliated with Al-Quaeda. It was a total uneccesary war that make us more unsafe, not safer.

$800 billion for big pharma. We don't even get to negoiate a price. The drug company says you'll pay this and we pay it.

Once a liberal always a liberal. Anything for the party line.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 05:56 PM
I WISH MORE LIBS AND DEMS WERE LIKE US..GUN OWNING, AND READY TO "HANDLE OUR BUISNESS" WITH THE REPUBLICANS AT THE DROP OF A DIME.

Duck Dog
03-24-2010, 07:30 PM
I WISH MORE LIBS AND DEMS WERE LIKE US..GUN OWNING, AND READY TO "HANDLE OUR BUISNESS" WITH THE REPUBLICANS AT THE DROP OF A DIME.

Everybody knows you all can't shoot straight with your 9 on it's side.

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Everybody knows you all can't shoot straight with your 9 on it's side.

Yeah..cuz blacks shoot like that lol...fuckin N bombs.

petegz28
03-24-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't condone a violent response. But WTF did you expect after the Dems just gave the middle finger to the majority of the country?

Dottefan
03-24-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't condone a violent response. But WTF did you expect after the Dems just gave the middle finger to the majority of the country?

DO IT..FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...I WILL PURCHASE THE SHELLS FOR YOU..JUST FUCKIN DO IT ALREADY.

alanm
03-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Boo hoo . . . "I voted for something millions were against and now a few nutjobs are calling in death threats . . . waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" It comes with the territory; grow up. They've got security and I'm sure their kids aren't going to school with yours or mine.As Dennis Miller would say "Life's rough. Wear a cup."

patteeu
03-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Much ado about nothing. Like Bush or Reagan or Clinton or any other pol hasnt had nutbags to deal with

Yep. I'll start taking this seriously when democrats stop making public appearances at fundraisers. I'm sure that some of the claims of harassment are true, but I'm also sure that these things aren't new to politics or exclusive to critics of democrats. In fact, according to this article (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34953.html#ixzz0jBihOfFK), Republican Senator Jim Bunning received death threats a couple of weeks ago when he blocked a piece of deficit expanding legislation temporarily.

And just last month, Sen. Jim Bunning (R-Ky.) received death threats after his filibuster of unemployment benefits, according to a report in Roll Call.

And of course, there's Dottefan right here in our own little corner of the political world.

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 07:36 AM
hopfully that was TIC, hopefully....just:Poke:

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 07:39 AM
You ****ing moron...

The main reason deficits under Bush existed was having a war thrust upon him by religious maniacs only slightly crazier than people who worship Obama.uhhh you don't get to re-write history, have your own facts. The fact is...al-Quaeda and Saddam were not in cohoots with each other. They were enemies. Both saw each other as threats to their exsistense. $1.2 Trillion was spent. 4,000+ Americans are dead, 10,000 americans lost a limb in a war that didn't have to happen.

Iraq wasn't about religious extremism, Saddam wasn't even a religious guy. You are the moron and ignorant of facts.

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 07:42 AM
ROFL You make it sound like the wealthy got refund checks that stole dollars from us poor middle income redneck simpletons.In a way yes, they did. Those $1.1 million tax cuts should have went more to the middle class that do most of the work in this country. The middle class are the ones, and their families, that are placing their lifes on the line to defend this country. 90% of the money went to the top 10% of the wealthiest Americans. And what did we get in return? A BS real estate and wall street bubble that we are paying for now. It was another huge mistake by George W. that we are still paying for today.

It's going to be the middle class that pay's off the majority of that $1.1 trillion George W. borrowed. They didn't get the majority of that money. That was unjust. but, life isn't fair, wear a cup, right?

mlyonsd
03-25-2010, 07:58 AM
In a way yes, they did. Those $1.1 million tax cuts should have went more to the middle class that do most of the work in this country. The middle class are the ones, and their families, that are placing their lifes on the line to defend this country. 90% of the money went to the top 10% of the wealthiest Americans. And what did we get in return? A BS real estate and wall street bubble that we are paying for now. It was another huge mistake by George W. that we are still paying for today.

It's going to be the middle class that pay's off the majority of that $1.1 trillion George W. borrowed. They didn't get the majority of that money. That was unjust. but, life isn't fair, wear a cup, right?

You are the poster child of why this country will fail. No offense. Just pointing it out.

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 08:21 AM
You are the poster child of why this country will fail. No offense. Just pointing it out.Everyones entitled to their opinion. But thanks for inflating my self worth. I'm so important that the country will fail. :rolleyes:

Trickle down economics doesn't work. Give the money to the rich and they will create jobs doesn't work. This Republican policy has already failed. They are the ones that let this country down.

Chief Faithful
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM
uhhh you don't get to re-write history, have your own facts. The fact is...al-Quaeda and Saddam were not in cohoots with each other. They were enemies. Both saw each other as threats to their exsistense. $1.2 Trillion was spent. 4,000+ Americans are dead, 10,000 americans lost a limb in a war that didn't have to happen.

Iraq wasn't about religious extremism, Saddam wasn't even a religious guy. You are the moron and ignorant of facts.

You seem to be the one trying to re-write history using information not available at the time.

mlyonsd
03-25-2010, 08:40 AM
Everyones entitled to their opinion. But thanks for inflating my self worth. I'm so important that the country will fail. :rolleyes:

Trickle down economics doesn't work. Give the money to the rich and they will create jobs doesn't work. This Republican policy has already failed. They are the ones that let this country down.

Like I said, no offense. I completely believe you think you're doing the right thing.

I'm just on the other side of the fence. I think justifying to yourself that robbing someone by saying it's for the good of mankind will in the end send us to third world status.

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 08:41 AM
You seem to be the one trying to re-write history using information not available at the time.BS. The majority of countries in the world thought Sadaam and Al-Quaeda hated each other. Doesn't matter anyway. We went to war in Iraq for WMD not to battle Al-Quaeda.

Dottefan
03-25-2010, 08:43 AM
The threats are real from these racist pricks that we call repukes...but this thread sucks...suprisingly enough, it was made by a cock sucker..so maybe thats why.

blaise
03-25-2010, 08:58 AM
The threats are real from these racist pricks that we call repukes...but this thread sucks...suprisingly enough, it was made by a cock sucker..so maybe thats why.

HI IM DOTEFANE I LIKE CUPCAKE! I LIKE CUPCAKE I LIKE CUPCAKE!

Dottefan
03-25-2010, 08:59 AM

FAIL..PLEASE NEXT TIME TRY TO BE FUNNY..IT MAKES READING YOUR POST EASIER..INSTEAD OF JUST TIME CONSUMING.

blaise
03-25-2010, 09:01 AM
HI IM DOTTEFANE I LIKE GUD FUD DO YUO? I LIKE GUD TV SHOW! I LIKE EETING CUPCAKE!

Dottefan
03-25-2010, 09:04 AM
HI IM DOTTEFANE I LIKE GUD FUD DO YUO? I LIKE GUD TV SHOW! I LIKE EETING CUPCAKE!

FAIL..Let me show you how its done..K dummy

HI IM BLAISE..MY MOM FUCKED ME..IM SICK..I HAVE HERPES..MY MOM GAVE THEM TO ME..MY DAD MAKES ME SUCK HIS COCK..AND IM GROWN..I HAVE A DOG...HE LIKES ME..GIRLS DONT..THEY SCREAM AT ME BECAUSE IM FAT, BALD, AND LIVE IN A BASEMENT APARTMENT..CAN I BE YOUR FRIEND..IF A MAKE FUNNY POST ON CHIEFSPLANET WILL YOU LIKE ME? ..PLEASE..I NEED NET FRIENDS..I HAVE NO FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE...PLEASE...HOLD ON..

"WHAT MOM..HUGH?..NO MOM..IM TRYIGN TO BE COOL ON THE NET..WHAT? NO MOM I DONT WANT TO COME "FINISH YOU OFF"..MOM...DAMN" ..."WELL I HAVE TO GO..I HAVE TO "FINISH" MY MOM OFF"

blaise
03-25-2010, 09:05 AM
HI IM DOTEFAN I CANT GRADATE HIGFH SCHOOL! I FRAME MY GED AND HAVE BIG PARTY AT RED LOBSTER WHEN I GET MY GED AND I GET GUD JOB AT FAST FUD!

Dottefan
03-25-2010, 09:06 AM
HI IM DOTEFAN I CANT GRADATE HIGFH SCHOOL! I FRAME MY GED AND HAVE BIG PARTY AT RED LOBSTER WHEN I GET MY GED AND I GET GUD JOB AT FAST FUD!

YOUR GETTING BETTER...

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Like I said, no offense. I completely believe you think you're doing the right thing.

I'm just on the other side of the fence. I think justifying to yourself that robbing someone by saying it's for the good of mankind will in the end send us to third world status.And I think the middle class having to pay the wealthy's tax bill is BS. Thats one of the main reasons as to what makes this country great. Differing viewpoints under the same flag.:clap:

Dottefan
03-25-2010, 09:19 AM
And I think the middle class having to pay the wealthy's tax bill is BS. Thats one of the main reasons as to what makes this country great. Differing viewpoints under the same flag.:clap:

No this is war..he made comments..now he gets splashed.ROFL

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 09:33 AM
No this is war..he made comments..now he gets splashed.ROFLmlyonsd is good people. He just needs to see the light.:rolleyes:

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2010, 09:41 AM
so lets recap....

George Bush was the first President in a quarter century to actually cut taxes for everyone. The problem is and always has been Congress. Congress spends the money. Not the President. Our bloated Federal Government is also the problem. I don't have a problem with the money spent on Iraq as I feel it is justified based on the FIRST Gulf War. The tax cuts were there to spur the economy after it tanked in 1999. I don't think the governemnt should be involved in prescrption drugs or medicare, medicaid, or SS. I do agree with the VA being in place. This congress and PResident clear want to take that which they did not earn and give it to other people that did not earn it making that portion of the populace weak and dependent on Washington. Civil War is coming and it's not a matter of if, but when. The US will cease to exist in it's current form today.

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Civil War is coming and it's not a matter of if, but when. The US will cease to exist in it's current form today. You are just full of good moring cheer.:doh!:

Chiefshrink
03-25-2010, 09:51 AM
I wonder if these will go unsubstantiated like the supposed racist and homophobic remarks?

Marx is their "Jesus" and Alinsky is their "Apostle Paul".

These are unsubstantiated at this time because these threats are manufactured and the Dems are trying to create some sympathy in order to take some heat off themselves because they know the Tea Party IS Legit(Americans are pissed!!:cuss:)

But as time goes on and the poll numbers of Dems like the economy continues to tank watch the "manufacturing" of Alinsky go on steroids AS we get closer to November.

Remember, Clinton has been brought in to Demonize the Tea Party. Yes, there might be some nutbags that might do something but the majority of any so-called "threats and incidents" towards Dems will be "TOTALLY MANUFACTURED" to "DEMONIZE and DIVERT" attention from the obvious failures of this current WH administration.

The radical lefties will attempt to be "plants" inside the Tea Party in order to create "RACIAL INCIDENTS" as amnesty immigration reform is attempted.

COUNT ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Der Flöprer
03-25-2010, 09:54 AM
:tinfoil:

patteeu
03-25-2010, 11:11 AM
uhhh you don't get to re-write history, have your own facts. The fact is...al-Quaeda and Saddam were not in cohoots with each other. They were enemies. Both saw each other as threats to their exsistense. $1.2 Trillion was spent. 4,000+ Americans are dead, 10,000 americans lost a limb in a war that didn't have to happen.

Saddam was an America-hating, terrorist-supporting, religion-using guy who was determined to develop nuclear weapons though. You may not agree with the Iraq invasion, but you can't impose your opinion (that it wasn't related to the GWoT) on the universe as if it's fact. It's not. It's just your opinion. Your opinion is based on a pretty narrow view of what the GWoT should be. Iraq is based on a more broad view. Time will tell whether Iraq worked out or not, but your opinion will never become an objective fact. You're trying to rewrite history as much as anyone else here.

As for wars that don't have to happen, Afghanistan falls in that category too. As does just about every war the US has ever fought, including WWII. We could have turned the other cheek with Japan and appeased them and they would have probably been content to dominate the western Pacific. It might not have been the best thing for us in the long run, but it was an option, just like Afghanistan and just like Iraq.

patteeu
03-25-2010, 11:13 AM

Make sure you copy that and paste it into a few other threads.

patteeu
03-25-2010, 11:15 AM
And I think the middle class having to pay the wealthy's tax bill is BS. Thats one of the main reasons as to what makes this country great. Differing viewpoints under the same flag.:clap:

Wow. :shake:

Duck Dog
03-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Everyones entitled to their opinion. But thanks for inflating my self worth. I'm so important that the country will fail. :rolleyes:

Sure, because 4% unemployement is better than 11% unempoyment.

bowener
03-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Besides that...

This site, which certainly appears anti-war, has the Iraq war at just over 700 billion, not a trillion (check out the war ticker at the lower right). The trillion+ Iraq war gets thrown around a lot.

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/cost_of_war_counter_notes

The tax cuts were to stimulate the economy, just like Obamas stimulus that didn't seem to do jack.

The 800 billion in Medicare drugs was something the liberals dug; no?
At this site http://costofwar.com/ the total since 2001 is 975,321,000,000+ currently.
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.costofwar.com/costofwar-embed.js"></script>

kcfanXIII
03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
frankly i'm tired of the only defense for obama or this congress being something along the lines of "bush did it." i don't care. i was anti bush as well. the door wouldn't have been opened to obama to walk into the white house, had bush and the neo cons not completely and totally alienated most conservative voters for the 8 years they were in power. a lot of middle of the road people voted for obama simply because mccain represented more of the same policies bush had. once obama didn't need the voters anymore he showed his true socialist colors. now he is pissing off everyone but the far left, and those who are ignorant of politics. after 8 years of bush, then the disappointment most felt after obummer's first year, the frustration is reaching the boiling point. i'm willing to bet if the likes of barney frank and emanuel cleaver had listened to their constituents, the voters wouldn't be inclined to sink to such lows to get their attention.

Chief Faithful
03-25-2010, 02:15 PM
Dems say they are receiving threats, but it was Republican Eric Cantor that received threats along with a bullet through his office.

Chief Henry
03-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Dems say they are receiving threats, but it was Republican Eric Cantor that received threats along with a bullet through his office.

Maybe the shooter watched Gabriel Range's movie. Google his name and check out what he did.

vailpass
03-25-2010, 02:55 PM
so lets recap....

$1.1 trillion for unfunded tax cuts for the wealthy and business's$800 Billion for medicare drugs

Say comrade, your socialist bent is showing and you don't even know it.

CoMoChief
03-25-2010, 03:00 PM
FAIL..Let me show you how its done..K dummy

HI IM BLAISE..MY MOM ****ED ME..IM SICK..I HAVE HERPES..MY MOM GAVE THEM TO ME..MY DAD MAKES ME SUCK HIS COCK..AND IM GROWN..I HAVE A DOG...HE LIKES ME..GIRLS DONT..THEY SCREAM AT ME BECAUSE IM FAT, BALD, AND LIVE IN A BASEMENT APARTMENT..CAN I BE YOUR FRIEND..IF A MAKE FUNNY POST ON CHIEFSPLANET WILL YOU LIKE ME? ..PLEASE..I NEED NET FRIENDS..I HAVE NO FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE...PLEASE...HOLD ON..

"WHAT MOM..HUGH?..NO MOM..IM TRYIGN TO BE COOL ON THE NET..WHAT? NO MOM I DONT WANT TO COME "FINISH YOU OFF"..MOM...DAMN" ..."WELL I HAVE TO GO..I HAVE TO "FINISH" MY MOM OFF"

Says the guy making the "republican threads" not once,twice, 3x, but 4 times. Talking about wanting attention on the internet.

Good job Mr. Jefferson.

VAChief
03-25-2010, 05:17 PM

I live in VA, the police reported today it happened last week and they determined by the trajectory that it was "a gun shot up in the air and the bullet came down through the window on the way down." Not exactly as Cantor portrayed his office being shot at, but giving him the benefit of the doubt I will assume he didn't know when he got on his soapbox today.

On a related note, the police investigation into the severed gas line at the brother of Congressman Perriello was determined to be an act of vandalism.

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Say comrade, your socialist bent is showing and you don't even know it.I've lived in a socialist enviornment. This is not one.

Norman Einstein
03-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Just in case anyone can read this
the OP is totally wrong.

It's all a conspiracy of the liberals to vilify the other side.

Chief Henry
03-25-2010, 05:56 PM
I've lived in a socialist enviornment. This is not one.

We don't want to :cuss: live in one either.

patteeu
03-25-2010, 06:40 PM
We don't want to :cuss: live in one either.

ROFL Amen.

fan4ever
03-25-2010, 08:23 PM
At this site http://costofwar.com/ the total since 2001 is 975,321,000,000+ currently.
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.costofwar.com/costofwar-embed.js"></script>

Are you sure that's not both the Afghanistan war (which is now apparently righteous) and the Iraq war? The total from the other side had both wars at about this number.

BucEyedPea
03-25-2010, 08:28 PM
I've lived in a socialist enviornment. This is not one.

It's Fabian socialism.....hidden, called something else while it builds incrementally. This is another major incremental step after years of many other steps. We just about done right now with all the nationalization that's gone on under Obama. You need to study up on what it is.

Brainiac
03-25-2010, 08:47 PM
In a way yes, they did. Those $1.1 million tax cuts should have went more to the middle class that do most of the work in this country. The middle class are the ones, and their families, that are placing their lifes on the line to defend this country. 90% of the money went to the top 10% of the wealthiest Americans. And what did we get in return? A BS real estate and wall street bubble that we are paying for now. It was another huge mistake by George W. that we are still paying for today.

BRC, I've read enough of your posts to see that you're a reasonably intelligent guy, even if we disagree on some basic issues.

What I don't understand is how you can insist that the middle class pays the majority of the taxes.

The fact is that the wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 percent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes.

Now that you know this, do you want to stick to your claim that the middle class pays the majority of the taxes when it's obvious that they don't?

While you're at it, you might explain why you're just fine with the concept of targeting "the rich" for tax increases, but you insist that tax cuts must target those people who pay very little in the way to taxes to begin with.