PDA

View Full Version : Carroll expects Tebow will be first-round pick

Tribal Warfare
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Carroll expects Tebow will be first-round pick
(http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/24/carroll-expects-tebow-will-be-first-round-pick/)
ORLANDO, Fla. – Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, for one, expects Florida QB Tim Tebow to be drafted in the first round next month.

Carroll, who scouted Tebow heavily as the head coach at USC, has a private visit with the Florida quarterback upcoming. Carroll heaped praise upon Tebow on Wednesday at the NFL Annual Meeting.

“I can’t believe a quarterback of his stature won’t be (taken in the first round),” Carroll said.

Carroll said Tebow’s qualities as a leader, a winner, a competitor and a human being make him too good to pass up. The Seahawks hold the No. 6 and No. 14 overall picks – too high for Tebow – and don’t feel compelled to take a quarterback after trading for Charlie Whitehurst, according to a team source. However, if the right quarterback fell to the Seahawks at a certain pick, it’s hardly out of the realm of possibility that they would select one.

There was a growing sense at the annual meeting that Tebow would continue to impress teams with his workouts and visits, and several executives said they anticipated him going no later than the second round.

OnTheWarpath15
03-24-2010, 01:50 PM
This coming from the same guy that just traded a king's ransom for Charlie fucking Whitehurst, then a week later declares Matt Hasselbeck as the starter.

The Franchise
03-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Where the hell is Tebow going to go in the 1st round? He's at least a 3 year project. The GM who takes him in the 1st round should be fired immediately.

Dayze
03-24-2010, 02:21 PM
..that's why Pete Caroll shoud stay in the college ranks.

the Talking Can
03-24-2010, 02:28 PM
dude thinks Whitehurst would be taken in the first round.....stop smoking weed, pete

Skyy God
03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
This coming from the same guy that just traded a king's ransom for Charlie ****ing Whitehurst, then a week later declares Matt Hasselbeck as the starter.

A high 3rd for Charlie Whitehurse? LULZ.

Marco Polo
03-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Man, my Tebow pick in the 3rd round looks brilliant right about now.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Jesus. I'm starting to think that Seattle is going to have an uprising. People around here have grown accustomed to winning, and if Pete doesn't do it fairly quickly, Qwest is going to be a quiet place.

DeezNutz
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Were Seattlites genuinely excited about that hiring, though? I would have been looking for a fucking bridge.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Were Seattlites genuinely excited about that hiring, though? I would have been looking for a fucking bridge.

I don't think so. I think people were optimistic, but it wasn't earth shattering for most people that I've talked too, or heard on sports radio.

milkman
03-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Pete Carroll's head scratchers are almost as impressive as Pioli's.

RealSNR
03-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't think so. I think people were optimistic, but it wasn't earth shattering for most people that I've talked too, or heard on sports radio.The handful of Seattle fans that I know of HATED the hire. I believe even Joe Seahawk on this board was pretty pissed.

Ebolapox
03-24-2010, 07:37 PM
heh, H5N1 expects Carroll to be ousted within three years.

KCrockaholic
03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
heh, H5N1 expects Carroll to be ousted within three years.

This. The guy is a great person, a great college coach. But he won't be a great NFL coach. I expect to see Seattle right around 8-8 or 7-9 each year under Carroll especially with Hasselbeck aging.

The Franchise
03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Lane Kiffin is only holding Carrol's seat at USC warm.