PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues In case you wondered, yes, Congress is exempt from the laws of health care bill

petegz28
03-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes, they did sneak in a clause that exempts them from the system, it's mandates, penalites and all that, that they are forcing upon the rest of the feifdom.

Norman Einstein
03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Yes, they did sneak in a clause that exempts them from the system, it's mandates, penalites and all that, that they are forcing upon the rest of the feifdom.

Did you expect any less?

orange
03-24-2010, 10:11 PM
They already get health insurance. What would they be "mandated" to do?

LMAO

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:25 PM

LMAO

Why exempt themselves from it at all? Laugh on that one cause you can't give a good answer.

Velvet_Jones
03-24-2010, 10:28 PM

LMAO

Pay more like the rest of of will have to do?

Brainiac
03-24-2010, 10:30 PM
You can bet they don't want to be taxed for the "Cadillac" health insurance plans.

:cuss::cuss:

ChiefaRoo
03-24-2010, 10:32 PM
You can bet they don't want to be taxed for the "Cadillac" health insurance plans.

:cuss::cuss:

They should have their cadillac insurance program taxed at 60 percent. FUCK THEM.

orange
03-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Why exempt themselves from it at all? Laugh on that one cause you can't give a good answer.

They didn't. That's the answer.

What stupid-ass email did you get this whopper from?

alanm
03-24-2010, 10:40 PM

What stupid-ass email did you get this whopper from?Saw the same thing on O'Reily this evening. It's true. What a bunch of low life mother f*ckers. :cuss:

Brainiac
03-24-2010, 10:41 PM

Just out of curiosity, did you just assume that they didn't exempt themselves, or do you have a source that backs up your assertion?

orange
03-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, did you just assume that they didn't exempt themselves, or do you have a source that backs up your assertion?

Yes. Yes I do.

But I'm not the one making the original - I'm waiting for petegz28 to back up his nonsensical claim. With something resembling actual information.

Here's a hint. If something like this was actually out there - it would be ALL OVER Internet. Try Google.

Brainiac
03-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes. Yes I do.
Yes, it is clear that you do. :rolleyes:

orange
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM

Is that a gauntlet I hear being thrown down?

Want to bet avatars?

Brainiac
03-24-2010, 10:51 PM
If you have a source, you'd be a hell of a lot more convincing if you'd provide it rather than playing coy and saying "Yes, yes I do".

So do you?

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Ok, to clarify things since I have heard the same rumblings as a lot of you have. The people who have been exempted are basically the people who wrote the fucking bill.

Congress is not exempt yet the staffers of party leaders and congressional committees are exempt.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34900.html

orange
03-24-2010, 10:53 PM
If you have a source, you'd be a hell of a lot more convincing if you'd provide it rather than playing coy and saying "Yes, yes I do".

So do you?

Yes I do. And I'm not going to post it until I hear back from Mr. gz28.
Or YOU if you want to take my bet.

orange
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Ok, to clarify things since I have heard the same rumblings as a lot of you have. The people who have been exempted are basically the people who wrote the ****ing bill.

Congress is not exempt yet the staffers of party leaders and congressional committees are exempt.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34900.html

So in other words YOU WERE FULL OF SHIT AS USUAL.

Thanky you very much, please come again.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM

God, I wish you were a KU fan

:facepalm:

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
“The new health care law creates two double standards. The congressional staff who wrote the new law exempted themselves from the new health care system, while other staff will be in it,” Grassley said today in a statement. “And, President Obama himself will not live under Obama health care. The message to grassroots America is that it’s good enough for you, but not for us.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34900_Page2.html#ixzz0jA3FXywG

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
So in other words YOU WERE FULL OF SHIT AS USUAL.

Thanky you very much, please come again.

Coming from a person who doesn't understand the definition of the word "preliminary" this means little.

petegz28
03-24-2010, 10:57 PM
God, I wish you were a KU fan

:facepalm:

And I wish you sucked better dick. Your nightly count has been slipping. I gots to pay for your inurance now, bitch. So get to work.

alanm
03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Kinda like Animal Farm. All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others. :shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
And I wish you sucked better dick. Your nightly count has been slipping. I gots to pay for your inurance now, bitch. So get to work.

No, I have full coverage...and the funny thing is, I guarantee you it's better than yours.

petegz28
03-24-2010, 11:01 PM
No, I have full coverage...and the funny thing is, I guarantee you it's better than yours.

I doubt that, highly. I have most excellent health care coverage.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2010, 11:04 PM
I doubt that, highly. I have most excellent health care coverage.

Without getting in a pissing match, my wife works for a University Hospital. Non-corp hospital employees get mad health benefits.

petegz28
03-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Without getting in a pissing match, my wife works for a University Hospital. Non-corp hospital employees get mad health benefits.

Oddly enough, so do Sprint employees. That is the one thing they really kicked ass with is their benefits. It will be the one thing I miss the most when they run out.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2010, 11:05 PM

Fuck. I've got a buddy who's not even married. He's still on his girlfriend's plan and pays something ridiculous like $20 a month for him. They have the best benefits on Earth.

L.A. Chieffan
03-24-2010, 11:06 PM
i REFUSE to buy health insurance for me and my kin the govenrmane tjust wants to put there hand in your poket and they come and get it with my .45 in the other!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Fuck. I've got a buddy who's not even married. He's still on his girlfriend's plan and pays something ridiculous like $20 a month for him. They have the best benefits on Earth.

When my wife worked for KU Med Center, she could have anything done other than cosmetic surgery and the cost was nothing. Literally a 0 co-pay 0 deductible for ICU stays, ER visits, heart transplants...it was awesome

Bill Parcells
03-24-2010, 11:08 PM

You're a propaganda professor..lol..I'm quite sure you have the best health insurance the education system can provide ;)

petegz28
03-24-2010, 11:09 PM
When my wife worked for KU Med Center, she could have anything done other than cosmetic surgery and the cost was nothing. Literally a 0 co-pay 0 deductible for ICU stays, ER visits, heart transplants...it was awesome

Bet that changes soon.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2010, 11:10 PM

That's pretty much what my buddy has right now. For $20 a month. Unmarried, and unaffiliated. I need to leave my wife and find a nurse. :D

Bill Parcells

Newsflash: that will not stay that way ;) I can guarantee it

'Hamas' Jenkins
You're a propaganda professor..lol..I'm quite sure you have the best health insurance the education system can provide ;)

The correct term is Minister of Information, you bourgeios fuck.:)

Bill Parcells
03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
The correct term is Minister of Information, you bourgeios ****.:)

ROFL

orange
03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure but I think someone just went on universal ignore.

I'm seeing a lot of blank pages when I click on "go to new posts."

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Newsflash: that will not stay that way ;) I can guarantee it

There's no profit motive for State/University owned hospitals, and they aren't going to be absorbing extra costs.

Bill Parcells
03-24-2010, 11:16 PM
There's no profit motive for State/University owned hospitals, and they aren't going to be absorbing extra costs.

I gotta marry somebody that works at that hospital. can I double date with the Jenkins's? :dom:

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2010, 11:18 PM
I gotta marry somebody that works at that hospital. can I double date with the Jenkins's? :dom:

http://www.seeklogo.com/images/T/The_Shocker-logo-E8F64BD9F6-seeklogo.com.gif

mikey23545
03-24-2010, 11:21 PM
“The new health care law creates two double standards. The congressional staff who wrote the new law exempted themselves from the new health care system, while other staff will be in it,” Grassley said today in a statement. “And, President Obama himself will not live under Obama health care. The message to grassroots America is that it’s good enough for you, but not for us.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34900_Page2.html#ixzz0jA3FXywG

When the very people who crafted these chains refuse to wear them, it should tell you everything you need to know.

Sorry libs, I didn't mean to interrupt...Slip Obama's cock back down your throats and go on with what you were doing...

orange
03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
That's TOM COBURN'S language in the Bill.

Reid spokesman Jim Manley acknowledged that the bill exempts committee staff but argued that leadership staff is not excluded. As for why committee staff is excluded, Manley said that when leaders merged the health care bills from the Finance Committee and the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, they took Coburn’s language from the HELP Committee rather than Grassley’s Finance Committee proposal because they feared Grassley’s language was so broad that it would have required “people like legislative counsel, Architect of the Capitol, etc.” to participate in the exchanges, too.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34900.html#ixzz0jAArWXu6

But go ahead and obsess on Obama. We know you've got a thing for tall, black men.

CoMoChief
03-24-2010, 11:44 PM

Actually they did try to sneak it in the bill. It was on O'Reilly and Greta tonite. Repubs are trying to amend the bill to make EVERY govt official be subject to the legislation. This would include future reps/senators/ higher exec officials as well.

Does that not raise a red flag in your heads (liberals/Dems) that your great democratic leaders didn't want to subject themselves to any part of this bill. "It's ok for the American people to be subjected to a bill they don't want, but we don't". You gotta be shittin' me.

orange
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Actually they did try to sneak it in the bill. It was on O'Reilly and Greta tonite.

No, I think you misunderstood O'Reilly and Greta. I'm sure they were talking about the same thing that's actually IN the bill - not the hysterical fantasy in the OP. Check the article that's been linked here three times already, including just above your post.

Taco John
03-25-2010, 12:52 AM
This provision is a loophole that creative Republicans can use to their fundraising advantage.

BigRedChief
03-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Yeah, thats BS. Plain and simple.

whatsmynameagain
03-25-2010, 08:02 AM

dont call the police pete, its just your shadow.

are you as pathetic in real life as you come across to be on this board? you seem to be a very sad and confused person. you might want to take advantage of whatever healthcare you have access to because i cant see you holding a job for much longer and im sure your wife thinks about leaving you daily. you are the debbie downer of dc. constantly popping off at the mouth with regurgetated lies and half truths. you should really focus more on the issues and find out whats real before forwarding emails to everyone you know. all that does is reinforce the truth to everyone you know that you are a fucking whackjob.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brainiac
03-25-2010, 08:08 AM

are you as pathetic in real life as you come across to be on this board? you seem to be a very sad and confused person. you might want to take advantage of whatever healthcare you have access to because i cant see you holding a job for much longer and im sure your wife thinks about leaving you daily. you are the debbie downer of dc. constantly popping off at the mouth with regurgetated lies and half truths. you should really focus more on the issues and find out whats real before forwarding emails to everyone you know. all that does is reinforce the truth to everyone you know that you are a ****ing whackjob.
Posted via Mobile Device
Intelligent people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.

Just something to think about.

petegz28
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM

are you as pathetic in real life as you come across to be on this board? you seem to be a very sad and confused person. you might want to take advantage of whatever healthcare you have access to because i cant see you holding a job for much longer and im sure your wife thinks about leaving you daily. you are the debbie downer of dc. constantly popping off at the mouth with regurgetated lies and half truths. you should really focus more on the issues and find out whats real before forwarding emails to everyone you know. all that does is reinforce the truth to everyone you know that you are a ****ing whackjob.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL...oh you are just a ray of sunshine, dickhead.

whatsmynameagain
03-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Intelligent people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.

Just something to think about.

says the guy who self glossed himself "brainiac"
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
03-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Actually, I didn't wonder about this at all. It always happens.

KC Dan
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
That's TOM COBURN'S language in the Bill.
Reid spokesman Jim Manley acknowledged that the bill exempts committee staff but argued that leadership staff is not excluded. As for why committee staff is excluded, Manley said that when leaders merged the health care bills from the Finance Committee and the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee, they took Coburn’s language from the HELP Committee rather than Grassley’s Finance Committee proposal because they feared Grassley’s language was so broad that it would have required “people like legislative counsel, Architect of the Capitol, etc.” to participate in the exchanges, too.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34900.html#ixzz0jAArWXu6
But go ahead and obsess on Obama. We know you've got a thing for tall, black men.
Regardless of who included it in the bill, who approved it? Who signed it into law? Who is at fault?

Chief Henry
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm guessing Coburn didn't want his staff or family to be obligated to live with this POS of a bill. Good for him. he knew this was a POS bill from day one.

orange
04-17-2010, 10:02 AM

Yes. Yes I do.

But I'm not the one making the original - I'm waiting for petegz28 to back up his nonsensical claim. With something resembling actual information.

Here's a hint. If something like this was actually out there - it would be ALL OVER Internet. Try Google.

Want to bet avatars?

So do you?

Yes I do. And I'm not going to post it until I hear back from Mr. gz28.
Or YOU if you want to take my bet.

You never got back to me. I'm STILL waiting!

http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-1001-2519-4221_Cartoon_Depicting_the_Metaphor_for_Tail_Between_Your_Legs_or_Chicken_clipart_image.jpg

RJ
04-17-2010, 10:27 AM
I thought Congess was on the same health care plan as the rest of the federal workers? At least that's what I've been told by government workers I know.