PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Are dems crazy? Rep. Cantor's Richmond Campaign Office Shot at Overnight

mlyonsd
03-25-2010, 11:58 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/25/rep-cantors-richmond-campaign-office-shot-overnight/

Der Flöprer
03-25-2010, 12:00 PM
LMAO Temper tantrums abound!!!

Let's be fair though. Is there some kind of proof from a reputable link? LMAO

Mr. Kotter
03-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Could be a "plant" or some whack job dittohead....trying to make it look like dems?

Kinda like the right is claiming about the racial/gay slurs at the tea-bagging parties? :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
03-25-2010, 12:06 PM
A bullet hole is fairly conclusive proof of being shot at.

But by WHO?

Maybe the same chick you carved the "B" in her forehead during the 2008 campaign?

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/17789356/detail.html

:hmmm:

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2010, 12:06 PM
But by WHO?

Maybe the same chick you carved the "B" in her forehead during the 2008 campaign?

:hmmm:

Maybe it was those crazy right wingers who killed the census worker and painted "end the fed" on his body :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Maybe it was those crazy right wingers who killed the census worker and painted "end the fed" on his body :rolleyes:

My point, precisely. There are plenty of loons on both sides of the isle who'd pull stupid crap like this.

Hey, I got an idea; let's wait for the investigation to give us some more details before we make any assumptions either way? Deal?

:shrug:

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
When we went to war with Iraq in Richmond a same sort thing happened, but it was a rock through a winodw of some government office.

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
My point, precisely. There are plenty of loons on both sides of the isle who'd pull stupid crap like this.

Hey, I got an idea; let's wait for the investigation to give us some more details before we make any assumptions either way? Deal?

Wether it did or didn't happen anytime you paint a group of people something like racist only bad things are bound to happen.

mlyonsd
03-25-2010, 12:12 PM

Uh, no.

Pelosi, Hoyer blame GOP for inciting vandalism, threats

The House Democratic leaders continued today to blame Republicans for inciting threats and vandalism against Democrats (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/legislative/house/2010-03-24-threats_N.htm), and criticized Republican leaders for not speaking out forcefully enough to denounce the threats.

At a press conference on Capitol Hill, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi this morning denounced Republican House members who cheered hecklers who were removed from the gallery during Sunday's health care debate.

"This Congress and this House of Representatives is a classroom and it's inappropriate for members of Congress to cheer when these sentiments are expressed in the gallery," she said.

On CNN this morning, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said: "We've got to all be cognizant of the fact when we use very hot rhetoric, it can be seen as incitement to people whose judgment is not peaceful … and who either verbally or physically threaten people with whom they disagree."

Of the reported acts of vandalism and threats against House Democrats, Pelosi said: "We have to clearly state (that) this is inappropriate, that words would be used that are so beneath the dignity of this debate and the people they were used against. The actions that were taken are so unsavory ... so menacing."

House Republican Leader John Boehner did denounce the acts of vandalism and threats yesterday, saying that people angry about the health care law should channel their anger into election campaigns, not violence.

Meanwhile, a dozen leaders of Tea Party and other conservative groups in Florida issued a statement today expressing "stark opposition" to violence, threats and the use of "disparaging terms" to refer to politicians.

"The Tea Party movement asks for fair and transparent investigation and prosecution of anyone accused of violence and also denounces any false claims of violence," their statement said.

(Posted by Matt Kelley)

Chief Henry
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
The shooter at Cantors home could be the same Hollywood type guys that made film(s) about assassinating President Bush...or last nights shooter could have gone to those assassinating movies :hmmm:

jjjayb
03-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Could be a "plant" or some whack job dittohead....trying to make it look like dems?

Kinda like the right is claiming about the racial/gay slurs at the tea-bagging parties? :shrug:

It very well could. It DOES go both ways. At least there is proof of a shooting though, unlike the racial BS that's been reported on the last week.

jjjayb
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM

Like we waited before we started calling the tea partiers racists?

Der Flöprer
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Like we waited before we started calling the tea partiers racists?

Totally. It's pretty clear that today's American isn't interested in not being a fuck up. They're way more interested in rationalizing their fuck ups by pointing at others. I don't care how you vote. That's a fact.

Call it Jerry Springer Syndrome.

KC Dan
03-25-2010, 12:40 PM
It was the dems. But, which one???

headsnap
03-25-2010, 12:46 PM
whack job dittohead

tea-bagging parties? :shrug:

:shake:

pathetic...

verbaljitsu
03-25-2010, 01:12 PM
It was the dems. But, which one???

Diane Feinstein is sweeping an entire room of people with her finger on the trigger.

At least Harry Reid (from what I can see in the picture) knows how to hold a rifle.

Mr. Kotter
03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Uh, no.

Pelosi, Hoyer blame GOP for inciting vandalism, threats

Jumping to conclusions on either side....is just stupid/silly.

Hydrae
03-25-2010, 01:27 PM

Is that the island the loons go to for the winter? Or were you talking about lagoons on both sides of the island?

;)

kcfanXIII
03-25-2010, 02:43 PM

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS, GOOD FUCKING GOD THIS!!!!

why would we do that? this is chiefsplanet, home of the most smartest people in the world...