PDA

View Full Version : General Politics Coulter Speech canceled after protester threats

Chocolate Hog
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36013193/ns/world_news-americas/

petegz28
03-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Those peaceful, free-speech loving Liberals at their finest.

RaiderH8r
03-25-2010, 11:55 AM
I like the part where she was warned against inciting violence or using hate speech just before a violent mob spewing hate speech forced the cancellation of her speech. F'ing retards. I'm telling you, Canada sucks. Their beer is piss.

CoMoChief
03-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I dont get it.....if you don't want to hear Ann Coulture....then don't go see her. Personally I think she's full of shit. I can't stand to listen to more than 5 min of her.

What's the boycott for? They gonna try and keep her from coming into the country??? (Lame)

Ann Coulture is a **** though. She doesn't know patriotism from her left meat curtain.

Duck Dog
03-25-2010, 12:35 PM
I like the part where she was warned against inciting violence or using hate speech just before a violent mob spewing hate speech forced the cancellation of her speech. F'ing retards. I'm telling you, Canada sucks. Their beer is piss.

This. It's the same double standards liberals here in the state live by.

Chief Henry
03-25-2010, 12:51 PM

I really like the beer up there. Labatt Blue is one of my favorite beers to drink.

kcfanXIII
03-25-2010, 01:35 PM
where's dottefan to declare everyone racist?

verbaljitsu
03-25-2010, 01:35 PM
to recap:

Some Canadian University invited Ann Coulter to speak, and then uninvited her after a huge protest before her event.

This action by a private, foreign institution is proof positive that American liberals are actually hypocrites for supporting the first amendment prohibitions against the U.S. government limiting free speech of its citizens.

p.s. - I'm sure Ms. Coulter was still paid her speaking fees for her troubles.

p.p.s. - I'm not sure how the world will manage to go on without Coulter being able to tell moslems (who are stuck on the no fly list because they have an arab equivalent of the name John Smith) to use a flying carpet and stop complaining.

penchief
03-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Canada sucks. Their beer is piss.

Molsen Canadian is the shit, man.

vailpass
03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
to recap:

Some Canadian University invited Ann Coulter to speak, and then uninvited her after a huge protest before her event.

This action by a private, foreign institution is proof positive that American liberals are actually hypocrites for supporting the first amendment prohibitions against the U.S. government limiting free speech of its citizens.

p.p.s. - I'm not sure how the world will manage to go on without Coulter being able to tell moslems (who are stuck on the no fly list because they have an arab equivalent of the name John Smith) to use a flying carpet and stop complaining.

Shutup pussy.

verbaljitsu
03-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Shutup pussy.

No. And I'm not a pussy, Mr. Internet Commando. :)

vailpass
03-25-2010, 01:58 PM
No. And I'm not a pussy, Mr. Internet Commando. :)

Kinda' slow on the uptake aren't you?

verbaljitsu
03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I get exactly what you are doing. My point is it doesn't make sense. When individuals protest someone else speaking, it in no way violates that person's first amendment rights.

Support for a strong first amendment does not contradict with telling someone that you are not interested in hearing their opinions.

And I didn't tell you that you couldn't tell me to shut up. I just told you I wouldn't. I didn't ask for anyone to step in and protect me, and I didn't leak the story to some news outlet (not that they would care).

Amnorix
03-25-2010, 02:13 PM
This. It's the same double standards liberals here in the state live by.

As compared to, say, supporters of the right to life who gun down abortion doctors?

Hypocrisy is the lifeblood of both sides of the political debate, really.

RaiderH8r
03-25-2010, 02:43 PM
As compared to, say, supporters of the right to life who gun down abortion doctors?

It's not murder; it's abortion in the 203rd trimester.

Canadian beer is piss. Molson, LaBatt's, the whole lot of America Jr.'s beer is pure piss.

"Oooh, but RaiderH8r it's 8.3% ABV oooh." Screw that noise, I'll drink my Kentucky bourbon and/or moonshine and continue to tell Canadians they're a bunch of piss swilling fairy boys with shite f'ing hockey tradition. We should make it mandatory for those hockey pricks, if they're getting paid in the USA they have to play for the USA. That'll shut them Canuck f'ers up real quick. HA!

Mr. Kotter
03-25-2010, 02:47 PM
to recap:

Heh. That wasn't too bad.

:LOL:

RaiderH8r
03-25-2010, 02:50 PM
to recap:

When John Smiths make it part of their theological orthodoxy to strap bombs to themselves to blow up unsuspecting patrons of various business establishments or hijack planes to fly into buildings or carry out other nefarious deeds then we can stick John Smith onto the no fly list. Until then Mohammad will have to eat shit, stand in line and deal with the fall out of his chosen religion's f***wittery or fly on the aforementioned magic carpet.

I'm pretty sure when a Tim McVeigh type goes to rent a U-Haul truck and buy a couple tons of amonium nitrate he gets his shit pulled aside for a bit of "discussion" by the proper authorities. So jack off with this nonsense.

verbaljitsu
03-25-2010, 02:57 PM
When John Smiths make it part of their theological orthodoxy to strap bombs to themselves to blow up unsuspecting patrons of various business establishments or hijack planes to fly into buildings or carry out other nefarious deeds then we can stick John Smith onto the no fly list. Until then Mohammad will have to eat shit, stand in line and deal with the fall out of his chosen religion's f***wittery or fly on the aforementioned magic carpet.

I'm pretty sure when a Tim McVeigh type goes to rent a U-Haul truck and buy a couple tons of amonium nitrate he gets his shit pulled aside for a bit of "discussion" by the proper authorities. So jack off with this nonsense.

After such an elegant post about Canadian beer, I'm a little disappointed by this.

First, the words "jack off" do not belong anywhere in a thread about Ann Coulter.

Second, people with Arabic names aren't necessarily Moslems. Even the ones that are do not deserve the assumption that they are terrorists.

RaiderH8r
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
After such an elegant post about Canadian beer, I'm a little disappointed by this.

First, the words "jack off" do not belong anywhere in a thread about Ann Coulter.

Second, people with Arabic names aren't necessarily Moslems. Even the ones that are do not deserve the assumption that they are terrorists.

Clearly not every Muslim hijacks a plane but every hijacker seems to be Muslim. Avoiding this 400lb gorilla is an exercise in futility...or stupidity via political correctness.

fan4ever
03-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Molsen Canadian is the shit, man.

The Molson Ale is good too.

RaiderH8r
03-25-2010, 03:02 PM
The Molson Ale is good too.

Shit.

orange
03-25-2010, 03:05 PM
When John Smiths make it part of their theological orthodoxy to strap bombs to themselves to blow up unsuspecting patrons of various business establishments or hijack planes to fly into buildings or carry out other nefarious deeds then we can stick John Smith onto the no fly list.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01002/Jihad_Jane_682_1002325a.jpg

Jihad Jane

fan4ever
03-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I love it when college kids, especially in this country, hold protests about certain speakers. "Hey, get the hell off our campus! What are you thinking? After all, we're a university, which should be the bastion of freedom of speech and the expression of alternative ideas...now scram!"

Chief Henry
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM

I don't condone killing doctors at all...that was a very sad day in the history of our country imo. Now if you compare people that have been killed, how many abortion doctors have been shot and killed compared to the number of babys that are being aborted in any one year ? That is truly sad, and it happens daily.

fan4ever
03-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Shit.

It's not my favorite, but I like it. So what's your beer of choice? I guessing something thick.

Bwana
03-25-2010, 03:59 PM
But, But But, it's only the evil repubs that do this sort of thing! This just can't be!

|Zach|
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
But, But But, it's only the evil repubs that do this sort of thing! This just can't be!

Strawman.

Dave Lane
03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Did she carve the B backwards on her head by any chance?

Bwana
03-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Strawman.

But Zack, this story can't true, can it? :eek:

|Zach|
03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
But Zack, this story can't true, can it? :eek:

I will bet it is. Of course that has nothing to do with you propping up a strawman argument.

|Zach|
03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Did she carve the B backwards on her head by any chance?

Heh, I had forgotten all about that.

Mr. Kotter
03-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Heh, I had forgotten all about that.

Hell, even I...referred to it in a previous post. :harumph:

MahiMike
03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
to recap:

Did they pay for the broom she flew in on too?

Thig Lyfe
03-25-2010, 09:34 PM
I really doubt there were any actual direct threats to her safety. Unless Van Helsing goes to Ottawa University.

|Zach|
03-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Hell, even I...referred to it in a previous post. :harumph:

Feel free to carve a K in my cheek for just skimming this thread. :eek: :D

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Feel free to carve a K in my cheek for just skimming this thread. :eek: :D

Good idea!

RaiderH8r
03-26-2010, 09:21 AM
It's not my favorite, but I like it. So what's your beer of choice? I guessing something thick.

Moose Drool. Mmmm,.....drooly.

RaiderH8r
03-26-2010, 09:22 AM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01002/Jihad_Jane_682_1002325a.jpg

Jihad Jane

So we should begin asking religious affiliation when purchasing a plane ticket? Man, sometimes you do have a good idea or two fall out.