PDA

View Full Version : Misc Glock 18. Amazing. Cute Shooter too.

HonestChieffan
03-26-2010, 07:36 AM
A break from all this political Garbage.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHdHuSuUI3s&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHdHuSuUI3s&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

blaise
03-26-2010, 07:46 AM
She is a cutie.

Coyote
03-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Nice weapon. It's basically the GLOCK 17 with an automatice sear. Related goofy trivea:
The Glock 17 ( first widely distributed model) designation 17 is derived from the gun’s being Gaston Glock’s 17th patent, rather than its magazine capacity. R.Lee grew up on a farm where the Kansas speedway now sits.

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:11 AM
there's a subforum called the media center where this should have been posted.

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:18 AM

Thanks for your d-bag response.

Garcia Bronco
03-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I have been thinking about getting a hand gun. two really: one for home protection and one that could potnetially stop a bear or mountain lion if need be. Anyone have suggestions?

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks for your d-bag response.

How long did it take you to come up with that brilliant retort? Maybe you should be a comedy writer. :shrug:

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:21 AM
I have been thinking about getting a hand gun. two really: one for home protection and one that could potnetially stop a bear or mountain lion if need be. Anyone have suggestions?

Start a thread in the lounge. There are a lot of shooters on CP and you will be inundated with advice.

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:23 AM
How long did it take you to come up with that brilliant retort? Maybe you should be a comedy writer. :shrug:

Your comment didn't warrant a brilliant retort. You were just being a petty d-bag. Why would you deserve Oscar Wilde for that?

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Your comment didn't warrant a brilliant retort. You were just being a petty d-bag. Why would you deserve Oscar Wilde for that?

So, you couldn't come up with anything wittier? Got it :thumb:

Otter
03-26-2010, 09:28 AM

There's a place called rectum where your input should be placed. But we manage.

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:29 AM
There's a place called rectum where your input should be placed. But we manage.

Wow, another lame gay joke. So, is anyone ever going to answer my question about this homo-erotic fixation that the CP RWNJ's have?

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:29 AM
So, you couldn't come up with anything wittier? Got it :thumb:

Here's one: Stop coming in threads where nobody was being a total dick and start acting like a total dick, how about that?
If you want to start running around like a spaz wait for Donger to come around and the two of you can have your little fun.
Okay, sport?
Emoticons are for losers and 13 year old girls, by the way.

Garcia Bronco
03-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Start a thread in the lounge. There are a lot of shooters on CP and you will be inundated with advice.

No thanks. I fine with this thread. If people have advice, great. If not, that's okay too.

Otter
03-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Wow, another lame gay joke. So, is anyone ever going to answer my question about this homo-erotic fixation that the CP RWNJ's have?

Care to explain how you took 'homo-erotic' out of that?

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Here's one: Stop coming in threads where nobody was being a total dick and start acting like a total dick, how about that?
If you want to start running around like a spaz wait for Donger to come around and the two of you can have your little fun.
Okay, sport?

:rolleyes: This thread was dead until I posted in it.

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:32 AM
KC Native reminds me of Nick Burns, Your Company's Computer Guy. The only person in the room that doesn't realize he's being a douche is himself.

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:33 AM
No thanks. I fine with this thread. If people have advice, great. If not, that's okay too.

So you going to lie in this thread too and claim that ammunition costs haven't gone up in 8 years?

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:33 AM
:rolleyes: This thread was dead until I posted in it.

So you figured you'd do everyone a favor and come in and act like an asshole?
Thanks!

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Care to explain how you took 'homo-erotic' out of that?

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/Lenka_falconer/2ba100.jpg

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:34 AM
So you going to lie in this thread too and claim that ammunition costs haven't gone up in 8 years?

I don't know, are you going to come in this thread and throw a hissy fit and cry like a girl like you do in other threads?

Otter
03-26-2010, 09:36 AM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/Lenka_falconer/2ba100.jpg

I think you're a woman. Still homo-erotic?

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:37 AM
I don't know, are you going to come in this thread and throw a hissy fit and cry like a girl like you do in other threads?

Ummmm, all the whining here has been done by you.

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:38 AM
I still think you're a woman. Still homo-erotic?

Progress. At least you're not pretending that telling posters to shove something in their rectum isn't homo-erotic.

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Ummmm, all the whining here has been done by you.

He's Nick Burns. your company's computer guy! Niiick Burns! Your company's computer guy!

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
He's Nick Burns. your company's computer guy! Niiick Burns! Your company's computer guy!

Lame. Wasn't funny the first time. Not funny this time. I guess living in the suburban, plastic hell that is Plano impairs your ability to judge humor.

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/iCJgGHYei9UbOg-b1sVrZg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/iCJgGHYei9UbOg-b1sVrZg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

He's KC Native, your message board guy!

KC native
03-26-2010, 09:52 AM
He's KC Native, your message board guy!

lame joke is still lame.

blaise
03-26-2010, 09:54 AM
lame joke is still lame.

I like it, actually. It suits you.

Otter
03-26-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm actually a big fan of the Glock 26 Subcompact for carrying. This is coming from a devout Springfield XD fan. Can't really do wrong with either.

Coyote
03-26-2010, 10:11 AM

"I'm actually a big fan of the Glock 26 Subcompact for carrying. This is coming from a devout Springfield XD fan. Can't really do wrong with either."

Buy a Dog. Otherwise I concur. Glock 26 for pocket carry. Model 1911s for vehicles. Shotguns for home. I'd still buy a dog- they sound the alarm even if it's only to greet the person/bear and they don't mistakenly shoot your allies so they help with target ID.

Otter
03-26-2010, 10:15 AM
"I'm actually a big fan of the Glock 26 Subcompact for carrying. This is coming from a devout Springfield XD fan. Can't really do wrong with either."

Buy a Dog. Otherwise I concur. Glock 26 for pocket carry. Model 1911s for vehicles. Shotguns for home. I'd still buy a dog- they sound the alarm even if it's only to greet the person/bear and they don't mistakenly shoot your allies so they help with target ID.

I have two 65lb German Sheppard's and a Remington 870 Express for the home already. I meant that's a good gun for carrying when you're dropping off the days earnings at the bank at 11:30pm or walking through a shady neighborhood. Easily hid and will buy you some time to put down or get out.

A raccoon can't fart within 20 feet of my house without a shitstorm being barked up.

Coyote
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
I have two 65lb German Sheppard's and a Remington 870 Express for the home already. I meant that's a good gun for carrying when you're dropping off the days earnings at the bank at 11:30pm or walking through a shady neighborhood. Easily hide and will buy you some time to if you need it.

Well done. We seem to be in violent agreement. I've had several previous non-weapons guys asking me this lately so I've kind of got a standard reply.

Garcia Bronco
03-26-2010, 10:21 AM

You are gonna laugh at this, but I have a dog, a Golden, some 13 year-old kid broke into my house last summer and the dog didn't make a peep. They caught the kid. 170k worth of stole property warants on this kid. He's in jail until he's 18. Plus he has to pay back everybody when he gets out. His whole life is basically over.

I grew up around guns and my dad was a PO. He carried a "Saturday Night Special", S&W 357 snub, and various other hand pistols. He also had a sawed off with a 4 inch barrel. I need to saftey course up, but I know my way around.
We take precautions when we camp. Bear box making sure we burn out any cans of food and so on. I will reconsider a shotgun for the house and the G26 for the car.

Coyote
03-26-2010, 10:25 AM
You are gonna laugh at this, but I have a dog, a Golden, some 13 year-old kid broke into my house last summer and the dog didn't make a peep. They caught the kid. 170k worth of stole property warants on this kid. He's in jail until he's 18. Plus he has to pay back everybody when he gets out. His whole life is basically over.

We take precautions when we camp. Bear box making sure we burn out any cans of food and so on. I will reconsider a shotgun for the house and the G26 for the car.

No laughing here. I've got Labs so would expect the same from them. But personally, I'd still only show a weapon when I'm going to use it so would not have wanted to shoot the kid. As for the bears, that old joke about not having to outrun the bear just your camping partners....

notorious
03-26-2010, 10:29 AM

For home protection get a 1911 and don't look back.

If you really want to knock a bear or lion on it's ass, get a Desert Eagle.

HonestChieffan
03-26-2010, 10:30 AM

.45 so you dont have to shoot twice.

Garcia Bronco
03-26-2010, 10:31 AM
No laughing here. I've got Labs so would expect the same from them. But personally, I'd still only show a weapon when I'm going to use it so would not have wanted to shoot the kid. As for the bears, that old joke about not having to outrun the bear just your camping partners....

No doubt. I wouldn't want to shoot a kid either. I have gone over it in my mind, agreeing with the premise that you do not pull unless you are going to use it, if I caught him and don't know his intentions, what else can I do? In retrospect it all worked out, but what if it had been someone coming in my house to setup shop? So then I come to the conclusion that I would have had to shoot him.

Garcia Bronco
03-26-2010, 10:32 AM

The DE might be a tad much, but....:)

notorious
03-26-2010, 10:34 AM
.45 so you dont have to shoot twice.

This.

Be ready for a price related heart-attack, though. A good 1911 will almost double up a Glock .40 in price.

Coyote
03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
No doubt. I wouldn't want to shoot a kid either. I have gone over it in my mind, agreeing with the premise that you do not pull unless you are going to use it, if I caught him and don't know his intentions, what else can I do? In retrospect it all worked out, but what if it had been someone coming in my house to setup shop? So then I come to the conclusion that I would have had to shoot him.

That's at the heart of my dog advice and my personal choices. I have urban combat experince but never in my own home. My personal guidelines are not showing a weapon unless I'm using it and assuming the same from any opponent. If he shows it, regardless of whether it's his belt buckle, tennis shoes or a M4, I assume he's using it against me and mine and therefore I intend to engage.

Necessary corollary: The 6 foot rule. In a potential in extremis situation- the intruder in your house not showing a weapon example. Do not allow him to close within 6-10 feet of you and yours. Make that clear to him and if he crosses that line, he's demonstrating intent and is a correlated target. Likewise, particularly with wheel guns and pistols, if you are unarmed and have the will/training and can mentally distract him to close within 6 feet, I would engage to protect my family or self. I also recommend a home alarm system to avoid all of this.

notorious
03-26-2010, 10:36 AM
The DE might be a tad much, but....:)

If you really want to knock yourself, a bear, or a lion on it's ass, get a Desert Eagle.

Fixed My Post

:)

HC_Chief
03-26-2010, 10:47 AM

DEs are nice but pricey and massive; too big for most females and many male shooters.

For C&C I have a Glock 36SL .45 ACP; although I never C&C.

For home protection nothing beats a 12 guage. In pressure situations, if you have not trained for it, pistols can be wildly inaccurate; as great a danger to yourself, family, and neighbors as it is to an intruder. A shotgun, on the other hand, is much eaiser to train on target and has a greater chance of hitting; and when it hits, it does the job. There is also very little chance of you shooting through your house into a neighbor's abode.

HonestChieffan
03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
This.

Be ready for a price related heart-attack, though. A good 1911 will almost double up a Glock .40 in price.

Sig P220...my fav .45

Radar Chief
03-26-2010, 11:25 AM

For going out in grizzly country, Bwana used to pack a .454 Casull but complained about it being a boat anchor hooked to his belt. Since hes bought a Glock 10 mm and seems pretty happy with it.
For home protection Im a big fan of either the Colt .45 ACP or 12 gauge Mossberg. ;)

Garcia Bronco
03-26-2010, 11:30 AM
For going out in grizzly country, Bwana used to pack a .454 Casull but complained about it being a boat anchor hooked to his belt. Since hes bought a Glock 10 mm and seems pretty happy with it.
For home protection Im a big fan of either the Colt .45 ACP or 12 gauge Mossberg. ;)

there are Grizzleys out there, but I'd be more likely to run into a brown or black bear here in Colorado. The mountain lion and coyote or wolf is the biggest deal.

I'll look at those as well.

Radar Chief
03-26-2010, 11:37 AM

:thumb: Mine's a 1991 A1 but otherwise agreed.

Radar Chief
03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
there are Grizzleys out there, but I'd be more likely to run into a brown or black bear here in Colorado. The mountain lion and coyote or wolf is the biggest deal.

I'll look at those as well.

The Casull is a handful, and from everything Ive read flat painful to shoot.
If youre less worried about griz than smaller predators you probably want to look at a smaller caliber.

Otter
03-26-2010, 11:58 AM

When I was in Alaska with Bwana we separated for a day. He went out for halibut and I went fly fishing along the Kenya. He gave me his Casull for protection and when I had that strapped on my hip it almost went down to my knee with the extension of the holster and slack in the belt.

I gave up on carrying it because it was such a pain in the ass and about an hour later was in bum **** nowhere casting my Orvis in wilderness bliss when behind me a heard a big snort. It was an adult female moose about 9 yards away. Let me tell you, if you've never gotten a good look at an Alaska moose go grab an average size horse and then put another one on top of him and you have yourself a big 'ol Alaska Moose.

But yeah, when I needed the gun most it was in the truck because it's like carrying around a Siamese twin on your hip. I'm sure it did a lot of damage though when you needed.

HonestChieffan
03-26-2010, 12:11 PM
When I was in Alaska with Bwana we separated for a day. He went out for halibut and I went fly fishing along the Kenya. He gave me his Casull for protection and when I had that strapped on my hip it almost went down to my knee with the extension of the holster and slack in the belt.

I gave up on carrying it because it was such a pain in the ass and about an hour later was in bum **** nowhere casting my Orvis in wilderness bliss when behind me a heard a big snort. It was an adult female moose about 9 yards away. Let me tell you, if you've never gotten a good look at an Alaska moose go grab an average size horse and then put another one on top of him and you have yourself a big 'ol Alaska Moose.

But yeah, when I needed the gun most it was in the truck because it's like carrying around a Siamese twin on your hip. I'm sure it did a lot of damage though when you needed.

First real super up close look at a moose was when the guide and I walked up on him. Guide looked at me and smiled and said, "Bigger than those whitetails in Missouri?....little pause...then...Well good thing we are only 7 miles from where the plane picks us up."

Big. Heavy. Real damn heavy.

Radar Chief
03-26-2010, 12:36 PM

Good story. :thumb:
Only moose I've ever seen was on summer vacation with my parents at Yellow Stone and from >100 yards away he didn't look like so much. ;)
The article I read about the Casull that sticks out in my mind most is the one that recommended target practicing by shooting .45 long Colts through it then only loading the Casull rounds for when you mean business. "When you've got several hundred pounds of snarling, claws and teeth charging at you the recoil of the Casull rounds will barely be noticed."

googlegoogle
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Allowing only law enforcement to own a weapon?

What does that say?

Hog Farmer
03-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Allowing only law enforcement to own a weapon?

What does that say?

In Texas you can own a G18 if you are a Class III dealer and I've almost went to get that liscense because I've wanted one of those really,really bad for some time.

I carry a Kimber model 1911 .45 and like it really well. Also a neat little pistol to carry in the truck is a Tauras Judge revolver. It shoots a .410 shotgun shell as well as a 45 long colt.

I was with a couple guys showing them a field we were gonna pheasant hunt the following week. A grackel flew buy about 20 feet from us and I happened to have that judge in my field jacket. I pulled it out real fast and shot the grackel as it was flying by and then stuck it back in my pocket real quick. They were like daaammmnnnnnn, did you see that. They didn't know it was a shotgun.

Otter
03-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Good story. :thumb:
Only moose I've ever seen was on summer vacation with my parents at Yellow Stone and from >100 yards away he didn't look like so much.

Well this moose had a mountain lion on her head and they working together.

Maybe not two horses tall but she was a big ****er. I definitely could have walked under her without ducking when we were both in the water.

HC_Chief
03-26-2010, 04:24 PM
In Texas you can own a G18 if you are a Class III dealer and I've almost went to get that liscense because I've wanted one of those really,really bad for some time.

I carry a Kimber model 1911 .45 and like it really well. Also a neat little pistol to carry in the truck is a Tauras Judge revolver. It shoots a .410 shotgun shell as well as a 45 long colt.

I was with a couple guys showing them a field we were gonna pheasant hunt the following week. A grackel flew buy about 20 feet from us and I happened to have that judge in my field jacket. I pulled it out real fast and shot the grackel as it was flying by and then stuck it back in my pocket real quick. They were like daaammmnnnnnn, did you see that. They didn't know it was a shotgun.

Kimber's are <i>niiiiiice</i>. I didn't figure you for a "fancy lad" :p
The Judge is too cool. I've considered picking one up.

Der Flprer
03-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Okay, sport?

:(

JASONSAUTO
03-26-2010, 08:37 PM

i, too, have the judge in stainless ultra light. love it. also have a h&k .45 acp. best shooting gun ive ever owned
Posted via Mobile Device

2bikemike
03-26-2010, 09:10 PM

I also own a Kimber 1911, I have the Ultra CDP II. Everyone who thought they knew something about guns said it was going to be a handful. But that thing shoots beautifully. Recoil management is not an issue.

I would love to have a Judge but unforunately the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia won't allow it.

verbaljitsu
03-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Everyone who thought they knew something about guns said it was going to be a handful.
I've got a 1911 (but its not a Kimber). I've never felt like .45 acp was a tough caliber to handle, even in the officer's sized models. Always feels like a gentle push or roll, and not like a snap or a smack. Easy caliber to reload too.

My 1911 is a Rock Island Armory. It cost me $385 (plus $20 for an FFL transfer fee). The Kimbers sure are beautiful (and I want one or ten - especially the new bobtailed super carry), but mine shoots as well or better!

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp12/verbaljitsu/006.jpg

21 feet, off hand with my reloads. I'm pretty sure that is 8 shots, but it might be 10. Don't remember.