PDA

View Full Version : Obama More Fun with Korea....

HonestChieffan
03-26-2010, 02:19 PM
They have no respect and no fear. Just what Obama wanted. Well, with this tidbit as background we can rest assured that if NK did sink a SK ship, Obama will do squat.

http://images.politico.com/global/politico44/100326_kim_jung_il_ap_392_regular.jpg

North Korea threatened Friday to carry "unprecedented nuclear strikes" against the United States and South Korea, the AP reports.

After a South Korean news report said democratic nations were planning to meet in China in April to prepare for possible instability in Pyongyang, North Korea's military said in a statement that foreign powers were indulging in a "pipe dream."

"Those who seek to bring down the system in the (North), whether they play a main role or a passive role, will fall victim to the unprecedented nuclear strikes of the invincible army," the statement said.

ChiefaRoo
03-26-2010, 02:26 PM
In all honesty we can nuke them in 10 minutes from one or two subs located off their shore. If they are dumb enough to attack SKorea conventially we'll have B-1's and jets from Japan and Guam pounding them into submission. Lots of dead people either way but it would end them.

CoMoChief
03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
In all honesty we can nuke them in 10 minutes from one or two subs located off their shore. If they are dumb enough to attack SKorea conventially we'll have B-1's and jets from Japan and Guam pounding them into submission. Lots of dead people either way but it would end them.

No shit.

Saggysack
03-26-2010, 02:43 PM

How would you expect China to react by a nuclear weapon being deployed in it's region in a aggressive manner?

Let's put it this way. What would you do if China used nuclear weapons in Mexico? Would you take the chance that only Mexico would be the target? What about Juarez as a target. What about El Paso right next to it? Just chalk it up to collareral damage?

... and then how would you respond to whatever fallout that may occur.

South Korea has a modern military and one of the largest as well. They are capable of taking care of themselves. It's nice of you to gladly advocate to task out our soldiers on another place to die. But don't you think your politics has sent them to their grave enough this past decade?

CoMoChief
03-26-2010, 02:47 PM
How would you expect China to react by a nuclear weapon being deployed in it's region in a aggressive manner?

Let's put it this way. What would you do if China used nuclear weapons in Mexico? Would you take the chance that only Mexico would be the target? What about Juarez as a target. What about El Paso right next to it? Just chalk it up to collareral damage?

South Korea has a modern military and one of the largest as well. They are capable of taking care of themselves. It's nice of you to gladly advocate to task out our soldiers on another place to die. But don't you think your politics has sent them to their grave enough this past decade?

I didn't think China and N Korea got along ....

HonestChieffan
03-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Why would China do that

googlegoogle
03-26-2010, 02:55 PM
What's those fu*&^ing woks on their heads?

Amnorix
03-26-2010, 03:02 PM

They weren't necessarily best buddies in 1950 either, but the fact is that just like we would object to the Russians or Chinese going hard into Canada or Mexico, they are NOT going to stand by while we're marching up to their front door.

And to think otherwise is really nothing short of complete stupidity resulting from a total inability of put yourself into someone else's shoes.

BillSelfsTrophycase
03-26-2010, 03:10 PM

ROFLROFL

I didn't notice that the first time I looked.

Good question

HonestChieffan
03-26-2010, 03:12 PM

Thats where the idea came from for "Cat in the Hat"

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Brh1V82LnA"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Brh1V82LnA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Amnorix
03-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Why would China do that

Makes no difference, does it.

Americans are GREAT at being unbelievably self-centered. We put nuclear weapons as close to the USSR as we can (including Turkey, right next door) and then act surprised and go bananas when the USSR puts them into Cuba. We won that stare down contest, so well done JFK, but in retrospect how important was that piece of brinksmanship when five or whatever years later both sides had SLBMs within a few miles of the coast?

Dance around it all you want, China seeks North Korea as being within THEIR sphere of influence, not ours. I can't imagine why.

http://econc10.bu.edu/economic_systems/Country_comparisons/China_North_Korea.gif

bluehawkdoc
03-26-2010, 04:43 PM

Note the flat surface. This aids them in spinning on their heads when breakdancing. Behind close doors, they like to dance like there is no tomorrow.

Saggysack
03-26-2010, 05:22 PM

What does that have to do with anything? You trust China lobbing nukes into our region of the world? Do you think they trust us lobbing them over in their region of the world?

mlyonsd
03-26-2010, 09:20 PM

North Korea is a pawn on the chessboard China is using as a block.

ChiefaRoo
03-26-2010, 11:37 PM

You miss my point. My response was that NK had said something to the effect that they would attack the US and SK with Nukes if and when we did whatever they were blabbering about the other day. Look == http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=171883 == My point is before they launched a nuke or attacked conventionally we could end them rather quickly. I don't advocate any first use of anything. I'm just trying to lay the chess board out to those who care to know so they can put NK's rhetoric into perspective.

SK needs the US there otherwise we'd of left by now. NK is isolated, hungry and desperate and their people have no idea what they're up against.

I hope the NK Generals understand because if they do something radically stupid they're military will be crushed and a lot of people would die.

To answer your question if NK used a nuke on the Korean peninsula where we have 35k US troops our response in kind would concern China but what would they do? They're not going to risk their own country to protect crazy NK. They'd in effect be held hostage to the NK's and our counter response.

I don't appreciate you suggesting that I am being glib about something so serious.

patteeu
03-27-2010, 04:04 PM

I blame your politics for that.

Hog Farmer
03-27-2010, 08:24 PM
You miss my point. My response was that NK had said something to the effect that they would attack the US and SK with Nukes if and when we did whatever they were blabbering about the other day. Look == http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=171883 == My point is before they launched a nuke or attacked conventionally we could end them rather quickly. I don't advocate any first use of anything. I'm just trying to lay the chess board out to those who care to know so they can put NK's rhetoric into perspective.

SK needs the US there otherwise we'd of left by now. NK is isolated, hungry and desperate and their people have no idea what they're up against.

I hope the NK Generals understand because if they do something radically stupid they're military will be crushed and a lot of people would die.

To answer your question if NK used a nuke on the Korean peninsula where we have 35k US troops our response in kind would concern China but what would they do? They're not going to risk their own country to protect crazy NK. They'd in effect be held hostage to the NK's and our counter response.

I don't appreciate you suggesting that I am being glib about something so serious.

It would definitely be in Chinas best interest to JapSlap that munchkin of a dicktater.

ClevelandBronco
03-28-2010, 03:49 PM
...Let's put it this way. What would you do if China used nuclear weapons in Mexico? Would you take the chance that only Mexico would be the target? What about Juarez as a target. What about El Paso right next to it? Just chalk it up to collareral damage?...

As long as we can get the soldiers and a selection of my in-laws out of El Paso first, I'll volunteer to push the button that nukes that cesspool.

I was in line first. China can wait her turn.

Saggysack
03-29-2010, 04:17 AM
I blame your politics for that.

...says the guy whose politics have been at the top of the power chart for 20 of the past 29yrs. Or 28 out of the last 41.

What great run of fabulous foriegn policy you guys have had! They should erect a statue, or something.

patteeu
03-29-2010, 08:55 AM
...says the guy whose politics have been at the top of the power chart for 20 of the past 29yrs. Or 28 out of the last 41.

What great run of fabulous foriegn policy you guys have had! They should erect a statue, or something.

Not really. More like 8 of the past 25 years if it's based on guys I actually voted for instead of against. I'll give you 12 of the last 29 since I would have voted for Reagan the first time around.