PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues President Obama is in Kabul right now

BigRedChief
03-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Unannounced visit as per CNN to meet with the troops, McCrystal and Kharzi.

I thought he was out selling health care reform?

patteeu
03-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Where are the people who used to bring us this type of vitally important news (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100327/D9EN48U80.html) during the Bush administration? Maybe Obama is on his way to get to the bottom of what would have been an immensely troubling detail to him and to so many of the rest of you if Bush were still in charge.

US troop deaths double in Afghanistan
Mar 27, 12:46 PM (ET)

By SEBASTIAN ABBOT

KABUL (AP) - The number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan has roughly doubled in the first three months of 2010 compared to the same period last year as Washington has added tens of thousands of additional soldiers to reverse the Taliban's momentum.

Those deaths have been accompanied by a dramatic spike in the number of wounded, with injuries more than tripling in the first two months of the year and trending in the same direction based on the latest available data for March.

HonestChieffan
03-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Has to go a ways to find people who want to see him. Soldiers can be ordered to.

BigRedChief
03-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Has to go a ways to find people who want to see him. Soldiers can be ordered to.yeah, this sleazeball can't do anything right.

BigChiefFan
03-28-2010, 11:15 AM
I hope he's there to tell them, they are coming home.

patteeu
03-28-2010, 11:19 AM
yeah, this sleazeball can't do anything right.

Seriously, what are we supposed to comment on here? He made a trip to Kabul, but you provided no information at all about why he's there (and you made a snarky comment about health care as if criticism hasn't been fair on that front). Is he there to shoot Karzai in the head and install someone who will clean up Dodge? Is he there to personally lead the marines on a charge up the Pakistani hill containing Osama's cave? Is he there just to visit the troops and boost their morale and if so, is their morale actually being boosted?

There's nothing wrong with him visiting there, but there's nothing to make his critics set aside our differences and reassess the man either. It's the least he can do in the one general area where I already give him some credit. That's about all the praise I can muster based on the scarcity of information.

BigChiefFan
03-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Don't worry, folks, the opium is secure.

ClevelandBronco
03-28-2010, 11:24 AM

I think we all know how far hope will take you with the Asshole-in-Chief.

Chocolate Hog
03-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Don't throw a shoe at him Afghani press you'll be labeled a racist.

vailpass
03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
So long as obama doesn't disgrace us while meeting with Kharzi it is a non-incident.

<object width="250" height="400"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.obamacountdownwidget.com/widget/obama_countdown.swf"> <embed src="http://www.obamacountdownwidget.com/widget/obama_countdown.swf" width="250" height="400"></embed> </object>

max sleeper
03-28-2010, 12:24 PM

:bravo:

Thig Lyfe
03-28-2010, 02:09 PM
So long as obama doesn't disgrace us while meeting with Kharzi it is a non-incident.

<object width="250" height="400"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.obamacountdownwidget.com/widget/obama_countdown.swf"> <embed src="http://www.obamacountdownwidget.com/widget/obama_countdown.swf" width="250" height="400"></embed> </object>

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/02/04/sports/04gear.1.190.jpg

petegz28
03-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Pass health care then jet the country. LMAO....what a maroon.

BigRedChief
03-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Pass health care then jet the country. LMAO....what a maroon.yeah WTF? He should have been lounging at Camp David or planning the next ACORN. Visiting troops in a war zone? What a moron, indeed.

petegz28
03-28-2010, 04:19 PM
yeah WTF? He should have been lounging at Camp David or planning the next ACORN. Visiting troops in a war zone? What a moron, indeed.

I said maroon...not moron, you moran

BigRedChief
03-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I said maroon...not moron, you moranSticks and stones my brother. I'm wearing a cup.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/Caliber911/untitled.jpg

Chiefshrink
03-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Seriously, what are we supposed to comment on here? He made a trip to Kabul, but you provided no information at all about why he's there (and you made a snarky comment about health care as if criticism hasn't been fair on that front). Is he there to shoot Karzai in the head and install someone who will clean up Dodge? Is he there to personally lead the marines on a charge up the Pakistani hill containing Osama's cave? Is he there just to visit the troops and boost their morale and if so, is their morale actually being boosted?

There's nothing wrong with him visiting there, but there's nothing to make his critics set aside our differences and reassess the man either. It's the least he can do in the one general area where I already give him some credit. That's about all the praise I can muster based on the scarcity of information.

Totally agree.

It's all about his low poll #'s. He knows the majority of the country doesn't want this bill and anytime a sitting Pres goes over and visits the troops it always looks good.

"O" doesn't know how to 'lead/govern' because all he has ever learned are 2 things:

1. How to 'bully/dictate' (Chicago/Alinsky Politics) "Sit down and shut up" and obey because not only do I know what is better for you, BUT I AM "OBAMA".

2. How to campaign because he knows how to look good and speak well but over time his speeches have become the very empty words that go right along with the empty suit he wears day in and day out and the American people are seeing right through him.

The sad part is that his immature idealogue state of mind doesn't know what else to do other than keep giving these "empty platitude campaign speeches" in hopes of convincing more people and continuing to demonize the very principles,values and free market ideas that have made this country great.

He has to be in campaign mode because he knows nothing else AND he knows these radical left policies he is putting forth will not come easy with the American people therefore he continues to sell:rolleyes: It won't work.

Remember, Obama views the Constitution as a document of "negative liberties".:shake::shake:

Chiefshrink
03-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Where are the people who used to bring us this type of vitally important news (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100327/D9EN48U80.html) during the Bush administration? Maybe Obama is on his way to get to the bottom of what would have been an immensely troubling detail to him and to so many of the rest of you if Bush were still in charge.

US troop deaths double in Afghanistan
Mar 27, 12:46 PM (ET)

By SEBASTIAN ABBOT

KABUL (AP) - The number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan has roughly doubled in the first three months of 2010 compared to the same period last year as Washington has added tens of thousands of additional soldiers to reverse the Taliban's momentum.

Those deaths have been accompanied by a dramatic spike in the number of wounded, with injuries more than tripling in the first two months of the year and trending in the same direction based on the latest available data for March.

Precisely!!!:thumb:

Rain Man
03-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I bet he's there to announce a new tax on rocks and goats.

Iowanian
03-28-2010, 05:07 PM
It's about time he went over to pull Bin Laden out of his cave...

I wonder if Joe Biden rode along and will hand Karzai a bacon sandwich and a playboy.

bevischief
03-28-2010, 05:14 PM
I bet he's there to announce a new tax on rocks and goats.

Can't forget the illegal drugs too...

BigRedChief
03-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I wonder if Joe Biden rode along and will hand Karzai a bacon sandwich and a playboy.So thats where your brothers package ended up.:thumb:

WoodDraw
03-28-2010, 09:18 PM
There's really nothing we can't produce faux outrage about now, is there?

Hog Farmer
03-29-2010, 04:27 AM
Obama is just getting back to his roots.

Hog Farmer
03-29-2010, 04:37 AM

He's probably there to tell them they aren't covered under the new health care bill.

InChiefsHell
03-29-2010, 07:48 AM
I saw that this weekend. You know, I remember the first time Bush went to Iraq, the left went apeshit saying it was a stunt and irresponsible etc. But it's OK for the messiah to go.

Frankly, I don't care. He should be out there from time to time addressing the troops. He is their commander in chief after all. The timing of this is too convenient though. LEts face it, Barry's getting his ass kicked at home. He needs to go have a "rah rah look at how much I love our toops" photo op moment to get back on track.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

patteeu
03-29-2010, 07:56 AM
There's really nothing we can't produce faux outrage about now, is there?

There's really not much outrage in this thread related to the President's trip, faux or otherwise.

Iowanian
03-29-2010, 07:58 AM
I don't know about others, but 2 of the guys I know in Iraq, or that have been Iraq have bitched about politicians showing up. They said they felt it was stupid and a pain in the ass for extra security required, when they already had enough to do.

Saul Good
03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/02/04/sports/04gear.1.190.jpg

Aren't these games fun?