PDA

View Full Version : California Chief's 2nd Mock Draft

CaliforniaChief
03-29-2010, 11:34 PM
I did one awhile ago, but pro days/combines have changed certain players' values so I'll do another one.

Round 1
#5: Eric Berry, FS, Tennessee I'm not oblivious to the realities of Pioli's tendencies, but I'm also not oblivious to the fact that 2 of our division opponents are built around the long pass. I for one am more than a little tired of watching us get scorched on long pass plays and missed assignments.

Round 2
#36: Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah I like Hughes and Kindle, but think Misi might be better. He can shed blockers and seems to have good instincts.

#50: Marshawn Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati Adding playmakers on offense is important. It doesn't hurt that he might actually help on special teams. I think he'd be a great option for us.

Round 3
#68: Torell Troup, NT, South Florida I had him in the 5th round in my first mock. His stock has climbed, and I think he could be a great long-term solution at NT...but probably not ready right now.

Round 4
#102: Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama Pretty versatile, lots of experience, smart kid. He could possibly play RT as well as guard for when Lilja's knees explode.

Round 5
#136: Anthony McCoy, TE, USCI know I'm not the first to put him here, but I think it makes a lot of sense. He would be a valuable option for our offense.

#142: Pat Angerer, ILB, Iowa This guy reminds me a little of Zach Thomas. No, not the Zack Thomas on a stationary bike, but the Dolphins' version. Yeah, I'm a Hawkeye homer. But this guy was one of the leading tacklers in CFB last year, and could be a sleeper pick for us.

#144: John Estes, C, Hawaii He's not a prototypical center in terms of size, but seems to do well despite the limitations. He could be another project on the line, a nice 5th round pickup.

Alrighty, have at it!

Mecca
03-29-2010, 11:45 PM
What if I simply say...ew.

Nightfyre
03-30-2010, 12:56 AM
I think you reached on every pick past Berry. JMO.

CaliforniaChief
03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
It's all good...just my stab at it.

CoMoChief
03-30-2010, 09:04 AM
I did one awhile ago, but pro days/combines have changed certain players' values so I'll do another one.

Round 1
#5: Eric Berry, FS, Tennessee I'm not oblivious to the realities of Pioli's tendencies, but I'm also not oblivious to the fact that 2 of our division opponents are built around the long pass. I for one am more than a little tired of watching us get scorched on long pass plays and missed assignments.

Round 2
#36: Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah I like Hughes and Kindle, but think Misi might be better. He can shed blockers and seems to have good instincts.

#50: Marshawn Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati Adding playmakers on offense is important. It doesn't hurt that he might actually help on special teams. I think he'd be a great option for us.

Round 3
#68: Torell Troup, NT, South Florida I had him in the 5th round in my first mock. His stock has climbed, and I think he could be a great long-term solution at NT...but probably not ready right now.

Round 4
#102: Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama Pretty versatile, lots of experience, smart kid. He could possibly play RT as well as guard for when Lilja's knees explode.

Round 5
#136: Anthony McCoy, TE, USCI know I'm not the first to put him here, but I think it makes a lot of sense. He would be a valuable option for our offense.

#142: Pat Angerer, ILB, Iowa This guy reminds me a little of Zach Thomas. No, not the Zack Thomas on a stationary bike, but the Dolphins' version. Yeah, I'm a Hawkeye homer. But this guy was one of the leading tacklers in CFB last year, and could be a sleeper pick for us.

#144: John Estes, C, Hawaii He's not a prototypical center in terms of size, but seems to do well despite the limitations. He could be another project on the line, a nice 5th round pickup.

Alrighty, have at it!

My god are you Dick Vermeil?

CoMoChief
03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
1. S - Eric Berry (TEN)
2. NT - Terrance Cody (BAMA)
2. WR - Mardy Gilyard (CIN)
3. CB - Donovan Warren (MICH)
4. SS - Myron Rolle (FSU)
5. OLB - George Selvie (S.FLA)
5. RB - LaGarette Blount (ORG)
5. OT - Chris Scott (TEN)

El Jefe
03-31-2010, 08:28 AM
1. S - Eric Berry (TEN)
2. NT - Terrance Cody (BAMA)
2. WR - Mardy Gilyard (CIN)
3. CB - Donovan Warren (MICH)
4. SS - Myron Rolle (FSU)
5. OLB - George Selvie (S.FLA)
5. RB - LaGarette Blount (ORG)
5. OT - Chris Scott (TEN)

Honestly I would rather take Kurt Coleman with our last 5th round pick. I have watched Coleman for the last 4 years at Ohio State, and he can play opposite Berry, and Coleman can lay the wood and he is fast enough to not be a liability in passing situations either, actually he excelled in pass defense. He has very good ballhawking skills, I think he would be an upgrade over anyone we have at safety right now IMO.

MOhillbilly
03-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Honestly I would rather take Kurt Coleman with our last 5th round pick. I have watched Coleman for the last 4 years at Ohio State, and he can play opposite Berry, and Coleman can lay the wood and he is fast enough to not be a liability in passing situations either, actually he excelled in pass defense. He has very good ballhawking skills, I think he would be an upgrade over anyone we have at safety right now IMO.

Homer.

milkman
03-31-2010, 09:26 AM
Does it concern anyone else besides me that CoMoChief is on the Berry bandwagon?

DeezNutz
03-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Does it concern anyone else besides me that CoMoChief is on the Berry bandwagon?

Yeah, CoMoSI needs to stop talking about Berry.

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM

Yes it does. I think if Berry is there at #5....and we pass....I'm going to find out where CoMo lives and take him out.

*This is in no way a threat.

milkman
03-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Yes it does. I think if Berry is there at #5....and we pass....I'm going to find out where CoMo lives and take him out.

*This is in no way a threat.

Actually, I believe it's referred to as an idle threat.

Chiefnj2
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Right now I am thinking:

1. Berry.
2a> Trade to Balt for Gaither.
2b. Cam Thomas.
3. Taylor Price
4. Jimmy Graham
5a. Olsen
5b. Chaney
5c. Dillard

With this draft KC gets improvement up the gut on all 3 levels. On offense they get an excellent RT (possible LT) and some weapons for Cassel.