PDA

View Full Version : Football Haynesworth trade talk continue

Mr. Laz
04-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Haynesworth trade talk continues to heat up

Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2010 5:23 PM ET
We were shocked last week when he heard that defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth could be part of a deal that would have allowed the Redskins to move from No. 4 to No. 1 in the draft, setting up the selection of quarterback Sam Bradford.

And we were shocked again when hearing on Saturday that the trade talks between the Redskins and Eagles for quarterback Donovan McNabb included the opportunity for the Eagles to take Haynesworth.

The Eagles didn't want Haynesworth, but that hasn't kept the Redskins from continuing the effort to move him. Jason Reid of the Washington Post reports that the Redskins are attempting to trade Haynesworth (http://twitter.com/JReidPost/statuses/11717983904), and that a deal could be made before the April 22 draft. Jason La Canfora of NFL.com reports that coach Mike Shanahan's initial meeting with Haynesworth "did not go well (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8175f344&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)," and that Shanahan wants to "break the culture of players being too empowered at Redskins Park." (In this regard, Shanny may want to urge the guy who signs the checks to quit striking up friendships with them.)

Per La Canfora (as reported Monday by John Clayton of ESPN), the Titans and the Rams are believed to be in play for Haynesworth.

But what about the notion that the $21 million bonus Haynesworth earned on April 1 makes him untradeable? The Redskins potentially would get some of that money back from Haynesworth's new team as part of a trade. Also, a trade in an uncapped environment would allow the Redskins to wipe Haynesworth's contract off the books. Waiting a year or two would result in cap consequences, assuming that the salary cap returns.

Besides, it's our understanding that the $21 million was backed up by future guaranteed salaries. Thus, even if the Redskins had dumped Haynesworth before the start of the 2010 league year, the Redskins would have been on the hook for all or part of that money. Given the high value that teams place on draft picks, the Redskins opted instead to pay the money and to preserve the ability to finagle value in exchange for Haynesworth via trade.

The question then becomes whether the compensation will come in the form of cash, in the form of draft picks, in the form of players, or in the form of some combination of the three. Either way, it looks like the market for Haynesworth is open. The question is whether anyone wants to mess with a guy who, as expected, became less of a player once he got paid.

The Bad Guy
04-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I honestly wonder if we will express interest. The Skins just gave him 21 million so that contract isn't looking all that ridiculous.

The Franchise
04-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I honestly wonder if we will express interest. The Skins just gave him 21 million so that contract isn't looking all that ridiculous.

He doesn't want to play NT in a 3-4.

Miles
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
On paper his size should be ideal for 3-4 but it would likely hurt his ability to penetrate/blow up the middle of the line.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
nah ... Haynesworth isn't coming here your NT has got to WANT IT and want to work hard for it. Haynesworth doesn't.

if he moves somewhere else it could effect the way the draft falls for us though.

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2010, 03:39 PM
He doesn't want to play NT in a 3-4.
That's ok. We'll put him at LB somewhere. We love playing guys out of position...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Interesting that the Titans are trying to get him back. I figured he'd burned his bridges with Jeff Fischer. I'm also surprised Detroit isn't making a play for him so they can draft an OT without thinking about it.

Although nothing should really surprise me considering the fat ass got paid and doesn't really give a shit anymore. I'd like to see the league create an environment of 1 year deals and 1 year deals only.

Players bitch about longevity and shortened playing careers, they can make more in 1 year than the average man can make in a lifetime. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for them. Ever.

Bane
04-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Pass.

Bane
04-06-2010, 03:42 PM
nah ... Haynesworth isn't coming here your NT has got to WANT IT and want to work hard for it. Haynesworth doesn't.

if he moves somewhere else it could effect the way the draft falls for us though.

Your avatar would be better if she was Vagazzled!:D

KCChiefsMan
04-06-2010, 03:43 PM
only give defensive linemen incentive contracts.

Mr. Laz
04-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Your avatar would be better if she was Vagazzled!:D
A fan of the Lopez tonight show and JLH?

i love JLH ... she's so hawt :drool:

<object height="405" width="660">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NvzhvKm_15k&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="405" width="660"></object>

Coogs
04-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm also surprised Detroit isn't making a play for him so they can draft an OT without thinking about it.

This

LaChapelle
04-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Luckly the poor grade of tail in KC
means the overpriced FA's pass

Fritz88
04-06-2010, 04:15 PM
A fan of the Lopez tonight show and JLH?

i love JLH ... she's so hawt :drool:

**** you laz, ****ing **** you

Tribal Warfare
04-06-2010, 05:10 PM
This could be bad news for Weis if he truly wants Clausen

Bane
04-06-2010, 05:17 PM

I still refuse to believe they will take Clausen,mainly cause that will undoubtedly remove Pioli's GOD emblem.I figure they will take a QB in the 4th or 5th round and go from there.Personally I think taking any QB in any round if not to directly compete with Cassel is stupid with the back ups we already have.

Brock
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM

The logic of this statement is....

Thig Lyfe
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
If he gets traded to the Titans it'll be like Omar selling back Prop Joe his own shit for 20 cents on the dollar.

LaChapelle
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Snyder likes his Honey Nut Cheerios

jAZ
04-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Shanahan's initial meeting with Haynesworth "did not go well (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8175f344&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)," and that Shanahan wants to "break the culture of players being too empowered at Redskins Park."

Don't tell Jason Whitlock (or a ton of people here on CP) about this.

chefsos
04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Well, I was going to type some smartass comment about Haynesworth stepping on Shanahan's head but then there was JLH and...

Damnit Laz!

Mr. Laz
04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Well, I was going to type some smartass comment about Haynesworth stepping on Shanahan's head but then there was JLH and...

Damnit Laz!
hehe ... did you get to part where she talks about how her womanly bits are bedazzled? :D PBJ

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Interesting that the Titans are trying to get him back. I figured he'd burned his bridges with Jeff Fischer. I'm also surprised Detroit isn't making a play for him so they can draft an OT without thinking about it.

Although nothing should really surprise me considering the fat ass got paid and doesn't really give a shit anymore. I'd like to see the league create an environment of 1 year deals and 1 year deals only.

Players bitch about longevity and shortened playing careers, they can make more in 1 year than the average man can make in a lifetime. Forgive me if I don't feel sorry for them. Ever.

Absolutely. And pay the players on an incentive basis! You produce, you get paid.

Bane
04-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Absolutely. And pay the players on an incentive basis! You produce, you get paid.

Agreed.:thumb:If they don't like it...Kick rocks!

boogblaster
04-06-2010, 08:35 PM
How old is Haynesworth .. I'm sure he has a couple years of decent football left .. but not at the price he's wanting ....

T-post Tom
04-07-2010, 01:17 AM
JLH is the female version of John Mayer.