PDA

View Full Version : Life Dad takes kids to skate park, gets severely beaten

KC Jones
04-17-2010, 12:46 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14901576

A 33-year-old father who took his kids to the Denver Skatepark this week was beaten by more than two dozen teens and young men. The father, who is recovering, received a head injury, fractured back vertebrae and a broken elbow, he said. The Post is identifying the man only by his first name Dave because he's a victim and Denver police confirmed that his assailants have not been arrested.

The attack happened about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the park, 2205 19th St., on the edge of downtown Denver near Coors Field.

Dave, a machinist who lives in Arvada, said he took his children two boys, both 13, and a daughter, 11 to the park for a night of fun. They got there about 7:45 and skated for a while. After about 30 minutes Dave watched as a group chased an individual across the park. As a pursuer ran by, Dave asked: "What's going on?"

The man turned to Dave, cursed at him, and told him to leave. The words had just passed from the man's mouth when Dave was slammed with a skateboard from behind, he said. "I guess just me asking was enough for them to clock me," Dave said.

Immediately, others joined in and started beating Dave with skateboards. A friend of Dave's who was there tried to help him, and he also was attacked. The friend's injuries were not as serious.

JD10367
04-17-2010, 12:47 PM
I think it's a good thing I don't own a gun. If I did, there'd be a lot of dead people.

notorious
04-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Skater thugs in Denver?

The football team better watch their backs.

Ari Chi3fs
04-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Kids really have no respect. Thug life for everyone. This planet is fucked.

Something has to change. People have to raise their vibration from these lower animalistic states.

When your civilization doesn't act civilized, what do you think the end result will be for that civilization?

LaChapelle
04-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Skateboarding only make kids into punks
public skateboard burings
HELL YES

-King-
04-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Anyone remember that scene in the movie KIDS? This reminds me of it. Crazy though.

Found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAak2ZemFZ0

-King-
04-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I think it's a good thing I don't own a gun. If I did, there'd be a lot of dead people.

This.

kysirsoze
04-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Kids really have no respect. Thug life for everyone. This planet is ****ed.

Something has to change. People have to raise their vibration from these lower animalistic states.

When your civilization doesn't act civilized, what do you think the end result will be for that civilization?

It's not like this is a decay of society sort of thing. It's always been this way.

kysirsoze
04-17-2010, 01:17 PM
It's not like this is a decay of society sort of thing. It's always been this way.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7289/westidestory.jpg

Sure-Oz
04-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Kill them all we dont need pieces of shit like them

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 01:22 PM

Bullshit; grace, civility, and respect are not things we are born with, you either learn them from family or from the community. The number of thugs that we haven't taught to be respectful in some fashion has grown exponentially over the last decade.

when the parents failed, the community used to get involved, church, teachers at school, cops, neighbors. Now days though, we've instead taught the rest of society to mind their own business and with it, too many parents have taught their kids they "deserve the world" on a platter instead of earning it.

It is exactly like a decay of society sort of thing.

Dante84
04-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Anyone remember that scene in the movie KIDS? This reminds me of it. Crazy though.

Found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAak2ZemFZ0

jesus, i forgot about that movie.

Yeah, thats why you don't talk shit. Ya' never know who's with who.

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Kill them all we dont need pieces of shit like them

what would we be saying if a cop was trying to control the situation and the kids with skate boards got tazed before they could beat anyone on the back of the head with their skateboards?

mmmm, seems I remember this topic discussed in a thread before.... they're just kids with skateboards, what damage could they do was somebody's response, lol.

Demonpenz
04-17-2010, 01:27 PM
not to be a dick, but what is a dad doing at a skate park? Almost like a black guy at a merl haggard concert

Dante84
04-17-2010, 01:28 PM
not to be a dick, but what is a dad doing at a skate park? Almost like a black guy at a merl haggard concert

Watching his 13 and 11 year olds like a responsible adult.

but yes, he would be a sore thumb for sure.

Demonpenz
04-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Watching his 13 and 11 year olds like a responsible adult.

but yes, he would be a sore thumb for sure.

there's no doubt that they won't arrest anyone kinda, mess with the bul you get the horns kinda deal

JD10367
04-17-2010, 01:34 PM

The dad is entitled to be at the skate park. The black guy is entitled to be at a Merle Haggard concert. The scumbag youth who have no respect or humanity are the issue. Air-condition a few of their skulls with a .44 and maybe it'll set an example. Because, unfortunately, when it comes to shit like this, and serial killers and rapists and child molesters and whatnot, you cannot reason with the unreasonable. The only recourse is to make them fear retribution. Too bad the "friend of Dave's" wasn't packing, or else he could've shot a bunch of them.

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 01:34 PM
there's no doubt that they won't arrest anyone kinda, mess with the bul you get the horns kinda deal

what? don't talk to kids at a skate park, you'll get smacked over the head with a skate board and it's all your fault. jeez, man. penz all the love and everything but put down the freakin pot dude....

OnTheWarpath58
04-17-2010, 01:37 PM
what? don't talk to kids at a skate park, you'll get smacked over the head with a skate board and it's all your fault. jeez, man. penz all the love and everything but put down the freakin pot dude....

Off topic, but how's Saturday night in the World's Dirtiest Ashtray?

And you need to re-read Hootie's thread from this morning. I asked you a question.

Demonpenz
04-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I guess you guys aren't into the skate/punk scene, but I will tell you this when I was 9 my dad showed up to make sure I was wearing a helmet while I was at the skate park. I camel kicked him in the gut and he swallowed his redman chew and started puking, he later later typed up an "Sorry" letter on our wordman 5000 word processer. This was in 1990 so I have no doubt the skaters are harder these days

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Off topic, but how's Saturday night in the World's Dirtiest Ashtray?

And you need to re-read Hootie's thread from this morning. I asked you a question.

It's 1039 pm, I got an online tourney about to start on full tilt poker, a cold St. Pauli's non alcoholic in my hand, and I answered you post in hootie's thread, I told we got married last time we came over, for the FF draft. didn't I?????

HerculesRockefell
04-17-2010, 01:43 PM
That's fucked up. That park is right off I-25 and by Coors Field like the article says, it's in a nice part of town.

OnTheWarpath58
04-17-2010, 01:43 PM
It's 1039 pm, I got an online tourney about to start on full tilt poker, a cold St. Pauli's non alcoholic in my hand, and I answered you post in hootie's thread, I told we got married last time we came over, for the FF draft. didn't I?????

UH, NO!

Congratulations, fucker! I had no idea.

She still at the same job? I'll have to stop in and see here this week.

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 01:54 PM
UH, NO!

Congratulations, fucker! I had no idea.

She still at the same job? I'll have to stop in and see here this week.

she's been getting more management shifts but still runs the day bar on weekdays. You should stop in, I know she'd love to see you.

I'm sure I did tell you, I didn't take off my ring to hide it from you, LOL.... course we had some parties to go too, and I had the class A uniform and doing a FF draft, so the ring may have escaped your notice.

OnTheWarpath58
04-17-2010, 02:14 PM
she's been getting more management shifts but still runs the day bar on weekdays. You should stop in, I know she'd love to see you.

I'm sure I did tell you, I didn't take off my ring to hide it from you, LOL.... course we had some parties to go too, and I had the class A uniform and doing a FF draft, so the ring may have escaped your notice.

LMAO

You do you think you're talking to here, Clayton?

Why would I be checking you out for a wedding band?

Regardless, congrats. Best news I've heard since the last time I supposedly heard it.

LMAO

kysirsoze
04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Bullshit; grace, civility, and respect are not things we are born with, you either learn them from family or from the community. The number of thugs that we haven't taught to be respectful in some fashion has grown exponentially over the last decade.

when the parents failed, the community used to get involved, church, teachers at school, cops, neighbors. Now days though, we've instead taught the rest of society to mind their own business and with it, too many parents have taught their kids they "deserve the world" on a platter instead of earning it.

It is exactly like a decay of society sort of thing.

Per capita, youth violence has not greatly increased over the 20th century. There have been peaks and valleys but there are always underprivileged or maladjusted kids who act out violently.

Plus, gang violence in particular has been going down over the last several years. Young people might not say, "yes, sir" and "no, ma'am" as much as they used to but that doesn't have much to do with this guy getting beaten.

KCChiefsMan
04-17-2010, 02:39 PM
if the police were there and they tazed those worthless fucks who IMO, should all die for this, yes for this act (unless the father provoked it, which I seriously doubt. There would be an uproar.

Rain Man
04-17-2010, 02:46 PM
I occasionally jog by that park and frequently jog within about 500 yards of it. I've never seen any problems at all there, so I suspect this is a fluke event. The park is in a weird place, though, very isolated even though it's very close to downtown. There's really no activity nearby other than the park itself and my rather quiet jogging trail so there'd really be few adults nearby to supervise, observe, or witness anything.

KCUnited
04-17-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm not excusing the senseless beating of anyone, but the pussification of skateboarding is off the chain. Shit used to be way hardercore than this in the day.

NewChief
04-17-2010, 03:04 PM
I've got video of me pushing my kid in his stroller through a run at a skate park in Couer d'Alene, ID. My son loved it, and all the skaters there thought it was funny as hell and didn't give me any shit for it. My wife actually almost cried while she was taping it because one kid turned to his friend and said, "I wish my dad would do cool stuff like that, but he's just a drunk asshole."

Moral of the story: Idaho skaters are nicer than Colorado skaters.

acesn8s
04-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Skater thugs in Denver?

The football team better watch their backs.http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q314/honewatson/broncos-darrent-williams-killed.jpg

Too, late

acesn8s
04-17-2010, 03:13 PM
It's not like this is a decay of society sort of thing. It's always been this way.It's the marijuana's fault.

CosmicPal
04-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I occasionally jog by that park and frequently jog within about 500 yards of it. I've never seen any problems at all there, so I suspect this is a fluke event. The park is in a weird place, though, very isolated even though it's very close to downtown. There's really no activity nearby other than the park itself and my rather quiet jogging trail so there'd really be few adults nearby to supervise, observe, or witness anything.

I believe that's the same park where a few homeless people were murdered a couple of years ago?

This is the same park that I believe the Denver Post was quoted as saying "was built to appease the [punks] and skaters and keep them out of trouble."

Tribal Warfare
04-17-2010, 03:22 PM
Goddamn I didn't know that Josh McDaniels had his own little rollerskate gang

TheGuardian
04-17-2010, 03:23 PM
A couple of years ago up in Minnesota a guy was walking out of an amusement park with his daughter when someone grabbed her ass. He got in the guys face and was jumped by, it was either 7 or 9 guys, and ended up in the hospital for defending his daughters honor.

Guys who jump people in packs are pussies, and should be shot in the spine and put in wheelchairs for life.

CosmicPal
04-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Guys who jump people in packs are pussies, and should be shot in the spine and put in wheelchairs for life.

That's called letting them live. Instead of putting a bullet in their spine, put it between their eyes and let them rot in Hell.

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
LMAO

You do you think you're talking to here, Clayton?

Why would I be checking you out for a wedding band?

Regardless, congrats. Best news I've heard since the last time I supposedly heard it.

LMAO

LOL, thanks man. I'm an extremely lucky man.....

Per capita, youth violence has not greatly increased over the 20th century. There have been peaks and valleys but there are always underprivileged or maladjusted kids who act out violently.

Plus, gang violence in particular has been going down over the last several years. Young people might not say, "yes, sir" and "no, ma'am" as much as they used to but that doesn't have much to do with this guy getting beaten.

This is the shit I hate about Chiefsplanet. ok lets play along and play your game, what statistical documents are you basing your statement on, what's you background, and why is my OPINION based upon a few years on this world and seeing first hand a certain valid point of societal decay, not good enough for this thread?

Society has changed, I've seen it change in low income housing areas, inner city areas, middle class suburbs and even upper class gated communities. Kids today will do, say and act differently than they used to. I honestly believe one of the areas it all started going wrong was taking the paddles away from the school principles.

if the police were there and they tazed those worthless fucks who IMO, should all die for this, yes for this act (unless the father provoked it, which I seriously doubt. There would be an uproar.

There was a thread about such an incident, a cop was stopping kids from skateboarding on a sidewalk, they started swinging their skateboards at him and he pepper sprayed them, IIRC.

There were the regular cop bashers that thought a kid with a skateboard wasn't a big enough threat to warrant pepper spray, and cried brutality.

JD10367
04-17-2010, 03:32 PM
A couple of years ago up in Minnesota a guy was walking out of an amusement park with his daughter when someone grabbed her ass. He got in the guys face and was jumped by, it was either 7 or 9 guys, and ended up in the hospital for defending his daughters honor.

TTIUWP of the daughter.

(Well, someone had to say it.)

CosmicPal
04-17-2010, 03:33 PM
This is the shit I hate about Chiefsplanet. ok lets play along and play your game, what statistical documents are you basing your statement on

Well, I wouldn't believe it myself, but he's right. Here's the Youth crime statistics since 1995.

http://youthviolence.edschool.virginia.edu/violence-in-schools/national-statistics.html

Rain Man
04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I've got video of me pushing my kid in his stroller through a run at a skate park in Couer d'Alene, ID. My son loved it, and all the skaters there thought it was funny as hell and didn't give me any shit for it. My wife actually almost cried while she was taping it because one kid turned to his friend and said, "I wish my dad would do cool stuff like that, but he's just a drunk asshole."

Moral of the story: Idaho skaters are nicer than Colorado skaters.

I attribute it to all the tater tots.

KC Jones
04-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Well, I wouldn't believe it myself, but he's right. Here's the Youth crime statistics since 1995.

http://youthviolence.edschool.virginia.edu/violence-in-schools/national-statistics.html

Here's 4 measures of violent crime since '73 (I think that's when the FBI officially started keeping track). Keep in mind that's raw numbers, considering the population explosion we've had the per capita drop must be huge. Total speculation here, but I'd bet the ability to stay indoors playing games and watching 40 bajillion channels could have more to do with the drop of violent crime than anything else.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Ncsucr2.gif

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 03:44 PM
This is the shit I hate about Chiefsplanet. ok lets play along and play your game, what statistical documents are you basing your statement on, what's you background, and why is my OPINION based upon a few years on this world and seeing first hand a certain valid point of societal decay, not good enough for this thread?

I'd like to know how someone gathers information on crimes not reported, or violence not reported? how do you have that as a statistical number to begin with? Plus that site says it's statistics for violence IN SCHOOLS, what about violence outside of school?

Plus you are forgetting the second part of my quote, now bolded....

CosmicPal
04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
and why is my OPINION based upon a few years on this world and seeing first hand a certain valid point of societal decay, not good enough for this thread?

Society has changed, I've seen it change in low income housing areas, inner city areas, middle class suburbs and even upper class gated communities. Kids today will do, say and act differently than they used to. I honestly believe one of the areas it all started going wrong was taking the paddles away from the school principles.

Because it is YOUR opinion. That is what you believe.

As for further statistics on youth crime "outside of school" I suggest you go to www.fbi.gov and do your own research.

I presented the facts that crimes in school have declined over the years. That doesn't mean youth crimes didn't increase outside of school, but I'm not going to be your research assistant. If you're that interested in knowing, go look it up for yourself.

Useful Idiot
04-17-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14901576

A 33-year-old father who took his kids to the Denver Skatepark this week was beaten by more than two dozen teens and young men. The father, who is recovering, received a head injury, fractured back vertebrae and a broken elbow, he said. The Post is identifying the man only by his first name Dave because he's a victim and Denver police confirmed that his assailants have not been arrested.

The attack happened about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at the park, 2205 19th St., on the edge of downtown Denver near Coors Field.

Dave, a machinist who lives in Arvada, said he took his children two boys, both 13, and a daughter, 11 to the park for a night of fun. They got there about 7:45 and skated for a while. After about 30 minutes Dave watched as a group chased an individual across the park. As a pursuer ran by, Dave asked: "What's going on?"

The man turned to Dave, cursed at him, and told him to leave. The words had just passed from the man's mouth when Dave was slammed with a skateboard from behind, he said. "I guess just me asking was enough for them to clock me," Dave said.

Immediately, others joined in and started beating Dave with skateboards. A friend of Dave's who was there tried to help him, and he also was attacked. The friend's injuries were not as serious.

Dave deserved it.

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Because it is YOUR opinion. That is what you believe.

As for further statistics on youth crime "outside of school" I suggest you go to www.fbi.gov and do your own research.

I presented the facts that crimes in school have declined over the years. That doesn't mean youth crimes didn't increase outside of school, but I'm not going to be your research assistant. If you're that interested in knowing, go look it up for yourself.

kysirsoze started it with "per capita" talk, you backed it up with statistics from a website stating violence in schools are down, both were counter to my post about what I've seen first hand and statement of conclusion for how society has changed.

I have a business degree and I've taken statistics classes, what I know about statistics is they can be very biased towards the maker's agenda.

questions, not just for you, but for anyone;
Are we more aware of these random acts of violence simply because the media has also grown over the last decade or two?

Do young adults and kids act differently towards neighbors, teachers, cops, parents (theirs or others)? What have you seen personally, the same amount of few trouble kids making all the headlines, or has respect seemed to be in the decline (not talking about yes sir or ma'am stuff either)

Has society in general made it harder to be a morally upstanding citizen that tells a punk kid to stop acting stupid? Think about that, if that dad had busted the kids in the head because they were ganging up on another kid, the uproar would be different. If it had been a cop, well that topic was discussed before in this thread; http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=165129&highlight=cops+skateboards

My basic argument is this; parents, teach your kids respect, how to give it and how to earn it. If there isn't a parent to do it, somebody needs to, if someone takes that responsibility, we as a society shouldn't make harsh second hand judgments, but applaud the efforts and reinforce the lessons.

Deberg_1990
04-17-2010, 04:36 PM

Some day when u have kids, (heaven help us) you will understand.

CosmicPal
04-17-2010, 05:01 PM
questions, not just for you, but for anyone;
Are we more aware of these random acts of violence simply because the media has also grown over the last decade or two?

Dude, you know damn well he was making a general statement and I was surprised as you were about the facts regarding the crime rates.

If the crime rates in the school have declined, then it is likely the same rates for crimes outside the school to have declined as well. But, if that stat is so damn important to you, then look it up. It took me less than 30 seconds to find the crime rates for America's youths.

But to answer your question regarding the media- Absolutely! We live in an era of instant gratification, an era where news is spread nearly instantaneously via 24-hour televised news sources, satellite radio, cellular technology, online social media, and a handful of other sources.

We have grown to become an "attention-whoring" society that people will do almost ANYTHING, even if it means fleeting embarrassment to be seen on TV and/or the Internet.

Do young adults and kids act differently towards neighbors, teachers, cops, parents (theirs or others)? What have you seen personally, the same amount of few trouble kids making all the headlines, or has respect seemed to be in the decline (not talking about yes sir or ma'am stuff either)

Yes, and no. Things haven't changed much with the youth in our society, except that they are readily exposed to the things we used to and should consider taboo.

My basic argument is this; parents, teach your kids respect, how to give it and how to earn it. If there isn't a parent to do it, somebody needs to, if someone takes that responsibility, we as a society shouldn't make harsh second hand judgments, but applaud the efforts and reinforce the lessons.

I'd hate to say it, but adults were saying the same thing in the 50's, the 60's, the 70's, the 80's...and on, and on, and on...In the 50's, it was the youths drag racing in the streets with leather jackets. In the 60's, it was long hair and dodging the war. In the 70's, it was hip to be rebellious. In the 80's, it was drugs and premarital sex. The times may change, but the youths stay the same rebellious teens as they always will.

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Dude, you know damn well he was making a general statement and I was surprised as you were about the facts regarding the crime rates.

I do not know that damn well, and I wasn't surprised by a stat chart, didn't change my mind one darn bit, LOL

If the crime rates in the school have declined, then it is likely the same rates for crimes outside the school to have declined as well.

speculation for $100 alex.

But to answer your question regarding the media- Absolutely! We live in an era of instant gratification, an era where news is spread nearly instantaneously via 24-hour televised news sources, satellite radio, cellular technology, online social media, and a handful of other sources.

a very serious point to the discussion, I brought it up for that reason.

We have grown to become an "attention-whoring" society that people will do almost ANYTHING, even if it means fleeting embarrassment to be seen on TV and/or the Internet.

isn't that just a little bit sad?

Yes, and no. Things haven't changed much with the youth in our society, except that they are readily exposed to the things we used to and should consider taboo.

but which is it based on your own experiences, don't let my opinion or others stat charts answer for you, are they different or not? And yes, the being exposed to more this generation compared to last is a variable, but there are many other variables we could add to it as well, and that is a completely different discussion.

I'd hate to say it, but adults were saying the same thing in the 50's, the 60's, the 70's, the 80's...and on, and on, and on...In the 50's, it was the youths drag racing in the streets with leather jackets. In the 60's, it was long hair and dodging the war. In the 70's, it was hip to be rebellious. In the 80's, it was drugs and premarital sex. The times may change, but the youths stay the same rebellious teens as they always will.

and ain't that the shit of growing old, realizing our dads/grandpappys were right, damn it all to hell we were pushing boundaries like they did before us and now the kids today are doing it too.... LOL

kysirsoze
04-17-2010, 05:16 PM
LOL, thanks man. I'm an extremely lucky man.....

There was a thread about such an incident, a cop was stopping kids from skateboarding on a sidewalk, they started swinging their skateboards at him and he pepper sprayed them, IIRC.

There were the regular cop bashers that thought a kid with a skateboard wasn't a big enough threat to warrant pepper spray, and cried brutality.

I was actually in a production of West Side Story and the director had us do a lot of research on the history of youth violence. Her point was for us to see it was just as serious as it is today. I didn't save all the stats so I could blow the mind of somebody on a message board someday. As far as the recent gang violence, I heard a story on it 4 days ago on NPR. We're not in fucking debate class here. If you don't believe me then good for you and continue assuming your experience is a perfect microcosm of the world at large.

And actually you are the one who called my opinion "bullshit" not the other way around. I guess my opinion is "not good enough for this thread?" The fact is people always cry social decay because "back in my day kids learned respect." Not a new concern. Like I said, it's always been this way.

Brock
04-17-2010, 05:49 PM

You don't recall correctly.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180197

kysirsoze
04-17-2010, 05:58 PM

THESE KIDS MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!!

NEXT THEY'LL BE FLIPPING THAT COP OFF!

Taco John
04-17-2010, 06:01 PM

Being a good father.

Pioli Zombie
04-17-2010, 06:36 PM
If 20 kids were chasing somebody the last thing I would do is ask like Richie Cunningham "Gee Whiz,what's happening". Street smart tells me to be as invisible as possible.

gblowfish
04-17-2010, 06:59 PM
I hate Colorado Skate Punks.
Story in the Denver Post:
http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_14899385
Pic of Dave who got the crap beat out of him:

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 07:14 PM
I was actually in a production of West Side Story and the director had us do a lot of research on the history of youth violence. Her point was for us to see it was just as serious as it is today. I didn't save all the stats so I could blow the mind of somebody on a message board someday. As far as the recent gang violence, I heard a story on it 4 days ago on NPR. We're not in fucking debate class here. If you don't believe me then good for you and continue assuming your experience is a perfect microcosm of the world at large.

And actually you are the one who called my opinion "bullshit" not the other way around. I guess my opinion is "not good enough for this thread?" The fact is people always cry social decay because "back in my day kids learned respect." Not a new concern. Like I said, it's always been this way.

Oh crap, it's the west side story argument, beats my "grandpa was right, every generation is worse than the one before" so I'll back off now.
Cause, "when you're a jet you're a jet, to the last cigarette..."

can't forget the smilies, don't want everyone to be worried that I'm not going to get enough sleep tonight from a difference of opinions on the interweb. :p

you don't read correctly; http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6682429&postcount=45

keep stirring though, don't want the smell of the shit to fade away

THESE KIDS MUST BE STOPPED!!!!!!

NEXT THEY'LL BE FLIPPING THAT COP OFF!

LOL

Pitt Gorilla
04-17-2010, 07:15 PM

It is exactly like a decay of society sort of thing.From whence have we decayed? 1960's Selma, AL? 1860's Dodge City? When was this peak from which we've devolved?

crazycoffey
04-17-2010, 07:37 PM
From whence have we decayed? 1960's Selma, AL? 1860's Dodge City? When was this peak from which we've devolved?

now that's good, philosophically speaking - how can any of us know the real answer? Only having a limited frame of reference, the reality is maybe we haven't reached our peak yet, we hit it a thousand years ago or something in between.

Bwana
04-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I have a cousin who ate at local establhisment one evening with his wife, along with a friend of theirs and his wife. While going to their car, some punk on a board hit his wife and knocked her to the ground. He gave the punk a hockey check off his board and he landed on the street. Before he knew it, there were 20 more punks and a brawl broke out. The punks were swinging skateboards, hitting them over the head. These two guys are BIG dudes and it ended in a draw, with several punks in bad shape and my cousin and his buddy with blood flowing. When I heard the story I laughed and said, that's why I have a CWP and pack a glock 20. BOOM! DROP......end of fight.

JD10367
04-17-2010, 08:03 PM
deleted
Posted via Mobile Device

You know, the Interwebz is a pretty sleazy, anything-goes kinda place. And when I first came here, I was a bit shocked at some of the stuff, but I've gotten used to it. But every now and then, something truly reprehensible reminds me that freedom of speech is perhaps one of the rights we should take back. There's "joking material", then there's "stuff you shouldn't joke about", and then there's "stuff so ****ing inhumanly disgusting that just the fact you thought it through and typed it out is reprehensible, even if you think it's funny".

CosmicPal
04-17-2010, 08:20 PM
You know, the Interwebz is a pretty sleazy, anything-goes kinda place. And when I first came here, I was a bit shocked at some of the stuff, but I've gotten used to it. But every now and then, something truly reprehensible reminds me that freedom of speech is perhaps one of the rights we should take back. There's "joking material", then there's "stuff you shouldn't joke about", and then there's "stuff so ****ing inhumanly disgusting that just the fact you thought it through and typed it out is reprehensible, even if you think it's funny".

Well, he IS a consistent one. A consistent douchebag, that is.

Al Bundy
04-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Skaters were homo's when I was in JR. High and in high school. Never really cared for them then, and don't care for them now.

Johnny Vegas
04-17-2010, 09:33 PM
But every now and then, something truly reprehensible reminds me that freedom of speech is perhaps one of the rights we should take back.

:eek: well good fucking thing you won't be running for president.

Brock
04-17-2010, 09:49 PM
you don't read correctly; http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6682429&postcount=45

LOL

That video doesn't show what you said it shows. So, like I said, you don't recall correctly.

Deberg_1990
04-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Its too bad Kick Ass and Hit Girl werent around to help this Dad out...

acesn8s
04-17-2010, 11:16 PM
Who in the hell let Obama in here?

Don't you have some porn movies to protest?

Useful Idiot
04-17-2010, 11:20 PM

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/9995/original/helloseriousbusiness3am.jpg

Consistent1
04-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Um yeah....I thought that was pretty clearly just stupid garbage....It was ok for Tony Hawk to get beaten down and butt-fucked but the part about MILFs got you riled?The guy is a fucking legend....lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

acesn8s
04-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Um yeah....I thought that was pretty clearly just stupid garbage....It was ok for Tony Hawk to get beaten down and butt-****ed but the part about MILFs got you riled?The guy is a ****ing legend....lmao
Posted via Mobile DeviceDon't mess with the milfs, man.:mad:

Ari Chi3fs
04-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Dave's not here, man.

Ari Chi3fs
04-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Looks like Bronco Nation, is growing up and aspiring to be like Raider Nation.

Gary
04-18-2010, 12:28 AM
I guess you guys aren't into the skate/punk scene, but I will tell you this when I was 9 my dad showed up to make sure I was wearing a helmet while I was at the skate park. I camel kicked him in the gut and he swallowed his redman chew and started puking, he later later typed up an "Sorry" letter on our wordman 5000 word processer. This was in 1990 so I have no doubt the skaters are harder these days

Hard skaters? John Wayne is rolling over in his grave.

crazycoffey
04-18-2010, 12:58 AM
what would we be saying if a cop was trying to control the situation and the kids with skate boards got tazed before they could beat anyone on the back of the head with their skateboards?

mmmm, seems I remember this topic discussed in a thread before.... they're just kids with skateboards, what damage could they do was somebody's response, lol.

you bring a up a thread I wasn't even a part of and hadn't seen before this post.

That video doesn't show what you said it shows. So, like I said, you don't recall correctly.

If it had been a cop, well that topic was discussed before in this thread; http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ps+skateboards

you're an idiot brock. I actually recalled pretty good, that is that thread these topics were talked about, the video of the cop getting hit in the back of the head is in that thread, but not the opening post. The opening post video was the kids skate boarding on the sidewalk and got manhandled during the incident because they made more mistakes.

So what the fuck point were you trying to make?

Otter
04-18-2010, 01:02 AM
Cops should be the second tier in responding to this matter.

crazycoffey
04-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Dave's not here, man.

nah man, I'm dave - I got the stuff man, let me in. I think the cops saw me man.

Al Bundy
04-18-2010, 05:13 AM
Looks like Bronco Nation, is growing up and aspiring to be like Raider Nation.

Only need the illegitimate children aspect of it.

burt
04-18-2010, 09:48 AM

and if you were my kid you would still be limping. Oh, and I gotta go right now...I am actually taking my 14 year old to the skate park. Any odds on me getting beat up? I will also give very large odds my kid doesn't lay a foot or finger on me.

WilliamTheIrish
04-18-2010, 10:03 AM
This incident does NOT change the fact that the cop in Hot Springs, Ark used excessive force on a 14 year old girl in the thread you linked, Coffey.

14 year boy. Not girl.

RNR
04-18-2010, 10:31 AM
He just needs to drop all charges wait a little while and let things blow over. Get a couple buddies and some baseball bats and pay them a vist~

Sure-Oz
04-18-2010, 10:39 AM

I say beat everyone, its easier ;)

and yes i do remember lol

Demonpenz
04-18-2010, 12:03 PM
and if you were my kid you would still be limping. Oh, and I gotta go right now...I am actually taking my 14 year old to the skate park. Any odds on me getting beat up? I will also give very large odds my kid doesn't lay a foot or finger on me.

Yeah I doubt that. I would hold my RC AIRHOG's blade to your throat dude