PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Why did I do it?

Over-Head
04-18-2010, 09:07 AM
So , quite a while ago I made my mind up I wanted a bike.
BUT
-didn't have the 10-15 grand for a "hog".
-Live on an island thats 8 miles square, with only 42 miles of paved road
-Have to put up with retarded cops that have ALREADY written one dude a ticket for his pipes being too loud (never knew FACTORY pipes were too loud on a Honda)

Whats a man to do?

Whilst browsing through a magazine one day I stumble upon Johhny Pag cycles.

Then of cource I just had to go do it! I had to go see one.

Yesterday I looked up a shop in the city i'm currantly working in, and saw MY BIKE!!
Gun Metal grey, black engine cases, oh god it was beautiful!!
Even better than the one I saw a few months back and took for a spin

This time next year I will have a Johnny Pag Spyder300
http://www.johnnypag.ca/motorcycles/f1/index.asp

OH YES I WILL :thumb:

Mr. Laz
04-18-2010, 09:11 AM
boys and their toys

logic has nothing to do with it :thumb:

KCUnited
04-18-2010, 09:14 AM
I woke up feeling the same way about the $20 I dropped on Erotic Photo Hunt last night.

Buehler445
04-18-2010, 09:16 AM
You did it because you MUST.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-18-2010, 09:30 AM
I looked at a few Pags when I was shopping. Ended up moving away from them because I just didn't like the 300cc motors, wanted something larger than that.

I found my Honda on Craigslist and talked the guy down to $2200 from $3500. Cash in hand and a willingness to walk away sure is a good motivator. :)

My bike is the Honda ACE Deluxe 750. It's a 1998, but only had 7,500 miles on it when I bought it last year. The thing was basically brand new.

pr_capone
04-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Now... keep in mind that the bike you are looking at is a 300cc motor. Scooters usually top out around 250cc.

That is a SMALL engine.

For a little more, if you are wanting a brand new bike, a Honda Shadow 750cc can be had for round about 1k or so more than you are looking at for the baby chopper. Also, a used bike with a bigger engine in great shape can be had for the same if not less than the JP you are looking at currently.

While a pretty bike, that JP is woefully underpowered. That said, it may suit your needs just fine. If I were in your position I would take a few test rides on different bikes and make sure its gonna fit you before plunking down 5.5k for the looks.

*edit

beat me to it FMB. good info there

Fried Meat Ball!
04-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Now... keep in mind that the bike you are looking at is a 300cc motor. Scooters usually top out around 250cc.

That is a SMALL engine.

For a little more, if you are wanting a brand new bike, a Honda Shadow 750cc can be had for round about 1k or so more than you are looking at for the baby chopper. Also, a used bike with a bigger engine in great shape can be had for the same if not less than the JP you are looking at currently.

While a pretty bike, that JP is woefully underpowered. That said, it may suit your needs just fine. If I were in your position I would take a few test rides on different bikes and make sure its gonna fit you before plunking down 5.5k for the looks.

*edit

Funny, we're basically saying the same thing. My ACE, for what it's worth, is a Shadow. I just forgot to put Honda Shadow ACE Deluxe.

And I love the thing.

pr_capone
04-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Funny, we're basically saying the same thing. My ACE, for what it's worth, is a Shadow. I just forgot to put Honda Shadow ACE Deluxe.

And I love the thing.

That is a purdy scooter you have there. How many miles do you have on it now?

Fried Meat Ball!
04-18-2010, 09:50 AM
That is a purdy scooter you have there. How many miles do you have on it now?

About 11.5K.

I ride it just about every day, but I only live about 10 miles from work. My wife and I have been taking it out over the past few weekends and just riding for 2-3 hours at a time, taking the small digital camera and riding till we feel like going back home.

Over-Head
04-18-2010, 09:50 AM

That is a SMALL engine.

*edit

Fits like a glove, test rode one a few months back, love the looks, and as far as underpowered,
dude,,,I live here remember????
www.bellisland.net (http://www.bellisland.net)
Not gonna be doing anything over 25mph most of it's life

pr_capone
04-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Fits like a glove, test rode one a few months back, love the looks, and as far as underpowered,
dude,,,I live here remember????
www.bellisland.net (http://www.bellisland.net)
Not gonna be doing anything over 25mph most of it's life

Didn't know if you would be taking it off the island or not.

As long as it fits you and you enjoy it then ride the snot out of it till the wheels fall off! :D

Over-Head
04-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Didn't know if you would be taking it off the island or not.
Even if I do, the "city" is only 15 mins off the boat, back roads all the way in at say 60-70Kph (35-40mph) very rural area, so after all was considered, and yes I did compare the 650 Shadow, the 250 Rebel, the Savage, and quite a few other bikes, teh Pag just seems to be (almost) exactly what I want. Sure i'd love a bigger engine,(and the 300cc's is the ONLY complaint I have with it) but what for? I'm only riding on Sundays for an hour or two to clear my head, off for band practice, and a few jaunts around the island now and then, "maybe" slip on the 2 up seat for me and the Mrs to go to a movie for the night, but I always wanted a chopper, and this is plug and play.

And to a Raiders fan , ease of operation, and simplicity is first and formost :thumb:

Over-Head
04-18-2010, 10:19 AM

And I love the thing.
Nice! It was down to a JP or one of these.

Over-Head
04-18-2010, 10:21 AM
I woke up feeling the same way about the $20 I dropped on Erotic Photo Hunt last night.
3 month special on atm at cougar life :thumb:

Psyko Tek
04-18-2010, 10:23 AM
dude sweet bike

I picked up a 78 honda twinstar
it's a 185
got her FOR $500
can't take it on the interstate
but on surface streets
it's almost adequate

looking to upgrade to a suzi boulevard

HARLEY'S ARE FOR MIDDLE MANAGEMENT

mlyonsd
04-18-2010, 10:31 AM
I thought the bike of choice in raidernation was a Vespa.

rambleonthruthefog
04-18-2010, 10:56 AM
why did you do it? who cares. i bought a $3500 welder for my garage when the one that cost $1299 would have worked fine. i wanted the bigger better one, so i got it. i don't regret it even a little, and as long is your hog is under your ass and not under your roof you won't either.

pr_capone
04-18-2010, 01:41 PM
HARLEY'S ARE FOR MIDDLE MANAGEMENT

:spock: