PDA

View Full Version : Misc Quitting Smoking

Priest31kc
04-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Ive been smoking cigarettes for 6 years now. Ive been smoking marijuana on a daily basis for about 4 years now. I need to quit. Just yesterday, I finally got busted for marijuana. I left the house, but left my front door open, my weed & bong was on the table, and while I was gone, a cop showed up at my house to serve papers to the people who lived here before. He looked through the screen door and saw it on the table. I get home, he takes the weed & bong, then searches my house for more. Writes me 2 tickets for the bong and one for the weed, and I now have a June 2nd court date and am looking at a misdemeanor. My gf was also gone and we showed up at the house at the same time, so shes looking at a misdemeanor as well.

Anyways, I know I need to quit. Both cigarettes & weed.

Ive researched and found many sites on how to quit smoking weed.

http://www.nevdgp.org.au/info/std_misc/MarijuanaQuit.html

http://www.marijuana-addict.com/

http://hubpages.com/hub/marijuana

Ive made a list of reasons to quit, and my history with weed. I havent smoked weed at all today, and am feeling the withdrawals pretty badly.

The thing that might be my biggest roadblock is my gf. Shes just like me, addicted to both cigs & weed. We've been smoking together for 4 yrs. I dont have much will power, but am trying to get some. She has even less will power than I do. She already tried calling someone to bring her a joint. I told her I am not giving her any money for it. Thankfully, it didnt come through. But I just know shes going to fall through. Hopefully, I can quit and be done with it, and then help her to quit. But I gotta quit first!

The money is probably the biggest reason I want to quit tho. Nearly $400 a month we spend on weed for the both of us. And thats just regular shit. $400!!!! And then add in a pack of cigarettes a day, nearly $4.00 a day. So thats around $520 a month, $6,000 a year. The past 4 years: Nearly $25,000!!!!!!!!!!!! My God, how I could use that money now.

So Im asking the Planet, how did you quit smoking cigarettes? How did you quit smoking weed? Is it easier to quit both at the same time? Any success stories?

Gonzo
04-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I've been a pack a dayer for 15 years now and have tried to quit several times with no luck. Lumpy told me that the patch/gum helps so give that a shot. I didn't think weed was addictive but I suppose it could be habit forming, I've never really smoked it. If I were you, I'd quit weed 1st, then smokes. The cigs will help out with quitting weed I'm sure.
Good luck bro, you can do it.

Pablo
04-18-2010, 09:05 PM
A couple of my family members swear by Chantix.

Bugeater
04-18-2010, 09:17 PM
After over 20 years of smoking, I managed to quit fairly easily with Chantix last year. Problem is I only lasted six months, the drinking did me in. As far as quitting weed, I just started drinking instead. But that makes me want to smoke cigarettes. Hell I'm not going to be any damn help at all.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-18-2010, 09:22 PM
my brother smoked 2+ packs a day, and just over a year ago he began smoking an e-cig. Hasn't had a real cig since, and has been weening himself off the e-cig.

Priest31kc
04-18-2010, 09:26 PM
I've been a pack a dayer for 15 years now and have tried to quit several times with no luck. Lumpy told me that the patch/gum helps so give that a shot. I didn't think weed was addictive but I suppose it could be habit forming, I've never really smoked it. If I were you, I'd quit weed 1st, then smokes. The cigs will help out with quitting weed I'm sure.
Good luck bro, you can do it.

"Marijuana addiction is a controversial topic because people fail to differentiate between a physical addiction and a psychological addiction. While marijuana has physical withdrawal symptoms similar to that of cigarettes, it is the psychological aspect of the addiction but most users struggle with. Long-term marijuana smokers are in the habit of smoking pot every day and are used to being in a stoned mindset. While you do not have a physical need for marijuana, you do have a mental need to get high. that’s the tricky thing about it. It’s not that you’re addicted to marijuana, it’s that your mentally addicted to being high. the more we smoke, the more our brains get used to being high, and the more we crave that state of mind. he will go through a mental battle when you stop smoking weed. You need to prepare for battle."

Thats basically what I tell ppl who dont think its addictive. Like my best friend, when I tell him its so hard to quit, he just says "Its not addictive", and Im like **** you man you have no idea. Its not physically addictive like nicotine in cigs, but its mentally addictive. Im so used to be being stoned!!!

But thanks man, I hope I can come on here in a couple months and say I have quit BOTH!! To make things harder, Im also trying to quit drinking soda ever since someone on here posted that thread about soda killing America lol.

So Im trying to quit weed, cigarettes, soda and lose weight, all at once.

Priest31kc
04-18-2010, 09:27 PM
After over 20 years of smoking, I managed to quit fairly easily with Chantix last year. Problem is I only lasted six months, the drinking did me in. As far as quitting weed, I just started drinking instead. But that makes me want to smoke cigarettes. Hell I'm not going to be any damn help at all.

LMAO. I feel ya bro...

Priest31kc
04-18-2010, 09:28 PM
my brother smoked 2+ packs a day, and just over a year ago he began smoking an e-cig. Hasn't had a real cig since, and has been weening himself off the e-cig.

Ive heard of the E-Cig....you know how much it cost?

HotRoute
04-18-2010, 09:30 PM
The best way to quit is to separate yourself from the things that remind you of it, try to find a new hobby that will take your mind away from smoking. people have a hard time quiting something when they are reminded of it all the damn time.

And just remember the first day is the hardest, and since your through that its only going to get easier. And when you do get the urge or are surrounded by it have a saying that you can say in your head over and over again like: "i really dont need it, i need the 25K way more." the only way someone can get off any drug is if they want to and you CAN quit if you truely want to.

Cosmos
04-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Chantix worked for me.

2+ years and not a single setback in that time.

Bugeater
04-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Ive heard of the E-Cig....you know how much it cost?
There's a bunch of info on them in this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=215286

Bugeater
04-18-2010, 09:35 PM
And just remember the first day is the hardest, and since your through that its only going to get easier.
That wasn't the case at all with me whenever I tried to quit cold turkey. The first day I was all gung-ho to quit and didn't have too many problems. And by the 3rd or 4th day I was miserable and wondered why the hell I was doing this to myself and wanted to kill pretty much everyone in sight.

Pablo
04-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Start spending all your money on cocaine. You won't want to smoke or drink anything, and you'll definitely lose weight.

Problem solved.

Ari Chi3fs
04-18-2010, 09:40 PM
I smoke two packs of marijuana joints a day. It's not addictive, though.

Legalize it. DooooOoOOOooon't criticize it. ♪♫

Ari Chi3fs
04-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Start spending all your money on cocaine. You won't want to smoke or drink anything, and you'll definitely lose weight.

Problem solved.

See that is why I like you. You are a solution finder. ROFL

HotRoute
04-18-2010, 09:58 PM
That wasn't the case at all with me whenever I tried to quit cold turkey. The first day I was all gung-ho to quit and didn't have too many problems. And by the 3rd or 4th day I was miserable and wondered why the hell I was doing this to myself and wanted to kill pretty much everyone in sight.

ya true but breaking any addiction is all about taking that first step, which to me was the hardest thing, just breaking the habit and stopping that first day then gave me the confidence that the next day i would be able to say no again.

Frazod
04-18-2010, 10:08 PM
I haven't had a cigarette in 5 1/2 years - there's a big quitting smoking thread with lots of good advice in it somewhere that I started when I first quit.

I still chew a lot of gum. For a long time I didn't smoke anything, but about a year ago I started smoking the occasional cigar. I might smoke anywhere from 0 to three cigars in a week, and since cigars don't have any of the chemical shit in them that makes cigarettes so addictive, I don't feel the need to smoke another one immediately. And I still think cigarettes stink like shit, and have no desire to ever smoke another one. Best of all worlds, frankly.

Can't really help you with the pot - I never liked it even when I smoked it as a kid. Hated the taste, the smell and the high.

Here's the link to the old thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121666

Buehler445
04-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Best of luck dude.

There isn't any real key to quitting, my recommendation is don't ever forget the feelings you are feeling right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts
04-18-2010, 10:40 PM
I've smoked weed and cigarettes pretty much daily for 15 years. I've never tried to quit smoking cigs but I've thought about it.

Weed on the other hand is something I walk away from for months at a time just to clear my head. I'd suggest that anyone who partakes in a mind altering substance on a regular basis to stay away from it for periods of time just to keep your head on straight.

Matter of fact, I've decided that now is a good time for me to quit smoking weed for a while. I don't really know what to tell you about the withdrawals and addiction. I've never experienced it. When I decide I don't want to do it anymore, it's never been a problem to just stop.

I wish you luck though. If you feel that you need a break, you most certainly do.

BigRedChief
04-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Here's the link to the old thread: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=121666That thread has a lot of information in it.

LetsSignRussell
04-18-2010, 11:05 PM
I've smoked weed and cigarettes pretty much daily for 15 years. I've never tried to quit smoking cigs but I've thought about it.

Weed on the other hand is something I walk away from for months at a time just to clear my head. I'd suggest that anyone who partakes in a mind altering substance on a regular basis to stay away from it for periods of time just to keep your head on straight.

Matter of fact, I've decided that now is a good time for me to quit smoking weed for a while. I don't really know what to tell you about the withdrawals and addiction. I've never experienced it. When I decide I don't want to do it anymore, it's never been a problem to just stop.

I wish you luck though. If you feel that you need a break, you most certainly do.

If you found the willpower to lose all that weight.. I know someday you'll find the willpower to quit smoking.

ClevelandBronco
04-18-2010, 11:13 PM
...a cop showed up at my house...Writes me 2 tickets for the bong and one for the weed...

Two violations for the bong. One for the weed.

Anyone else think that the laws regarding marijuana use are just a bit illogical?

Good luck, Priest.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Two violations for the bong. One for the weed.

Anyone else think that the laws regarding marijuana use are just a bit illogical?

Good luck, Priest.

Oh, it's retarded. Hey, go get fucked up and drive home from the bar, but don't you dare get high in your own home.

Gonzo
04-18-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.sandycreekhighschool.com/fastpages/fpimages/Mr.Mackey.jpg

Drugs are bad, mkay?

LetsSignRussell
04-18-2010, 11:34 PM
longterm effects of drugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2dvujUlR_o

Priest31kc
04-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys. Hopefully in a couple months I will find this thread and update you guys with GOOD news.

HoneyBadger
04-19-2010, 01:28 AM
You could drink. or Masturbate

KCChiefsMan
04-19-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm at about 6 weeks, I quit smoking and I'm feeling good about it. But one thing that did help quit smoking cigs was the gum, that helped a lot. Also, weed helped get through the nasty cravings. So my advice would be to quit cigs first and use the weed to help.

Hog Farmer
04-19-2010, 07:18 AM
I'd get rid of the girl friend first because she's gonna make it impossible for you to quit anything. Buy one of those dolls for 6 grand instead.

KCUnited
04-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Take it 1 hour at a time early on. I quit smoking by researching the long term health effects of cigarettes, a scared straight type deal. I'm doing the same right now by googling brain damage caused by long term drinking. Its helped. Also, you can't quit for 2 people the same way you can't score a 14 point touchdown. Chip away at it 1 hour at a time.

Frazod
04-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Oh, to amend my previous statement, I haven't smoked a cigarette in 4 1/2 years, not 5 1/2 years.

Apparently the lack of nicotine has effected my ability to perform simple math. :banghead:

Gonzo
04-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Take it 1 hour at a time early on. I quit smoking by researching the long term health effects of cigarettes, a scared straight type deal. I'm doing the same right now by googling brain damage caused by long term drinking. Its helped. Also, you can't quit for 2 people the same way you can't score a 14 point touchdown. Chip away at it 1 hour at a time.

You can get dain brammage from drinking?

I shuld thank abauwt knot dranking no moer beecawse it herts yer thanking mussles.

KCUnited
04-19-2010, 08:16 AM
You can get dain brammage from drinking?

I shuld thank abauwt knot dranking no moer beecawse it herts yer thanking mussles.
lol, my wife watches that Celebrity Rehab show and I happened to catch them doing a brain scan of Dennis Rodman and it showed the decay of his brain. Freaked me out a little because that dude is nonunderstandable when he speaks.

Gonzo
04-19-2010, 08:19 AM
lol, my wife watches that Celebrity Rehab show and I happened to catch them doing a brain scan of Dennis Rodman and it showed the decay of his brain. Freaked me out a little because that dude is nonunderstandable when he speaks.

No shit?
He's always weirded me out. That dude has issues.

Ugly Duck
04-19-2010, 08:31 AM
marijuana has physical withdrawal symptoms similar to that of cigarettesHuh? Nicotine has far more physical withdrawal symptoms than weed. When you quit nicotine, you have to wait for the homeostatic response that will eventually generate the natural substances that bind to the receptor sites in your brain that nicotine used to bind to. Very uncomfortable. Weed just changes the rate that the neural transmitter substance acetylcholine diffuses across the synapses of your nerves. You just have to psychologically adjust to not feeling high anymore. Nicotine is a heavy-duty physical addiction with powerful physical withdrawal symptoms. No so with weed.

Priest31kc
04-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Huh? Nicotine has far more physical withdrawal symptoms than weed. When you quit nicotine, you have to wait for the homeostatic response that will eventually generate the natural substances that bind to the receptor sites in your brain that nicotine used to bind to. Very uncomfortable. Weed just changes the rate that the neural transmitter substance acetylcholine diffuses across the synapses of your nerves. You just have to psychologically adjust to not feeling high anymore. Nicotine is a heavy-duty physical addiction with powerful physical withdrawal symptoms. No so with weed.

I didnt write that, I just copied and pasted that paragraph from a website.....but I agree that it is harder to quit cigarettes. Nicotine is a bitch.

KCChiefsMan
04-19-2010, 09:15 AM
quitting weed is easy. I was smoking cigs and weed everyday for the past 5 years. I was looking for a new job, quit weed on the spot with no problems. Cigs, on the other hand......very very difficult to quit. I am about 6-7 weeks without cigs and it's great! I still crave it though, which tells you how addicting it is. But the gum helped me a lot, don't listen to what the package tells you though. I got by with only 2 or 3 pieces of gum per day for the first week or so. It worked for me so far, now I just have to stay quit. But quitting weed should be no problem whatsoever.

Priest31kc
04-19-2010, 09:27 AM
quitting weed is easy. I was smoking cigs and weed everyday for the past 5 years. I was looking for a new job, quit weed on the spot with no problems. Cigs, on the other hand......very very difficult to quit. I am about 6-7 weeks without cigs and it's great! I still crave it though, which tells you how addicting it is. But the gum helped me a lot, don't listen to what the package tells you though. I got by with only 2 or 3 pieces of gum per day for the first week or so. It worked for me so far, now I just have to stay quit. But quitting weed should be no problem whatsoever.

congrats man, good to hear. Im done with weed. Cigarettes on the other hand.....I was very irritable this morning trying to go without one, so I smoked one. Im going to try and cut down today and get some gum.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2010, 09:31 AM
congrats man, good to hear. Im done with weed. Cigarettes on the other hand.....I was very irritable this morning trying to go without one, so I smoked one. Im going to try and cut down today and get some gum.

I think the smokes are what's making you cranky. I don't think it's the weed. I would really suggest taking it 1 step at a time. Clear your mind, then clean your body. Just my 2 cents worth.

InChiefsHell
04-19-2010, 09:33 AM
If you want to quit weed, smokes, soda and lose weight all at the same time, I think your only hope is to maroon yourself on a deserted tropical island.

...I use the e-cig by the way. I've been using it since January 2nd and with a few exceptions (batteries ran out while I was having a cocktail) I've been able to eliminate cigarettes. The things really work, but only if you want it to. It doesn't taste exactly like a cigarette, but IMO it's actually better.

I'm weening myself off of it. My wife just started the Chantix, which seems to work pretty well for her. Hopefully it'll be a permanent change for us both.

KCChiefsMan
04-19-2010, 09:36 AM
hell, one good thing about my sudden move back to Boston is that cigs are $8 per pack here. Even if I wanted to start back up, there is no way I could afford it here! So, I don't think there is any going back now. Well, I hope not, but this is the longest I have made it and I'm feeling good and I can run a couple of miles without the thoughts of sudden death.

Priest31kc
04-19-2010, 09:50 AM
If you want to quit weed, smokes, soda and lose weight all at the same time, I think your only hope is to maroon yourself on a deserted tropical island.

...I use the e-cig by the way. I've been using it since January 2nd and with a few exceptions (batteries ran out while I was having a cocktail) I've been able to eliminate cigarettes. The things really work, but only if you want it to. It doesn't taste exactly like a cigarette, but IMO it's actually better.

I'm weening myself off of it. My wife just started the Chantix, which seems to work pretty well for her. Hopefully it'll be a permanent change for us both.

Its almost been 48 hours since my last hit of weed. And its been about 4 days since my last soda. I know thats not very long but its a start!!

And yeah I think im going to need some help with the cigs, Ive looked up chantix and the E-Cig and am debating which one to try. Until then, Im going to try and cut down with some nicotine gum and see if that helps.

And ya know, it would help if I had a freaking full time job!

Frazod
04-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Its almost been 48 hours since my last hit of weed. And its been about 4 days since my last soda. I know thats not very long but its a start!!

And yeah I think im going to need some help with the cigs, Ive looked up chantix and the E-Cig and am debating which one to try. Until then, Im going to try and cut down with some nicotine gum and see if that helps.

And ya know, it would help if I had a freaking full time job!

You really should just try regular gum and see if that helps. That nicotine crap is nearly as expensive as cigarettes. I was a pack-a-day smoker for 21 years and regular gum helped me quit. Replacing the oral fixation was key for me. Hell, I'm chewing gum as I type this. But my breath is minty-fresh! :D

I would also recommend not changing too much at once. You have have bitten off more than you can chew.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 10:02 AM
A couple of my family members swear by Chantix.
this

but be aware that at first you might experience some screwy side effects.

the person i know had 2/3 days of feeling generally crappy and 1 week of having wild ass dreams.

Then they made sure and not put themselves around other smokers etc for 2/3 months and they haven't smoked since.

btw - they had been a 1-2 pack a day smoker for 30 years and are generally a weak willed/impulsive type person so i'm stunned they quit. They couldn't even manage to say the words "i quit" until chantix.

KCChiefsMan
04-19-2010, 10:18 AM
You really should just try regular gum and see if that helps. That nicotine crap is nearly as expensive as cigarettes. I was a pack-a-day smoker for 21 years and regular gum helped me quit. Replacing the oral fixation was key for me. Hell, I'm chewing gum as I type this. But my breath is minty-fresh! :D

I would also recommend not changing too much at once. You have have bitten off more than you can chew.

I bought a pack of the gum, 100 pieces for $18. It's totally worth it if it can help you quit. In the long run you will save $1,000 - $150,000

RaiderH8r
04-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Ive been smoking cigarettes for 6 years now. Ive been smoking marijuana on a daily basis for about 4 years now. I need to quit. Just yesterday, I finally got busted for marijuana. I left the house, but left my front door open, my weed & bong was on the table, and while I was gone, a cop showed up at my house to serve papers to the people who lived here before. He looked through the screen door and saw it on the table. I get home, he takes the weed & bong, then searches my house for more. Writes me 2 tickets for the bong and one for the weed, and I now have a June 2nd court date and am looking at a misdemeanor. My gf was also gone and we showed up at the house at the same time, so shes looking at a misdemeanor as well.

Anyways, I know I need to quit. Both cigarettes & weed.

Ive researched and found many sites on how to quit smoking weed.

http://www.nevdgp.org.au/info/std_misc/MarijuanaQuit.html

http://www.marijuana-addict.com/

http://hubpages.com/hub/marijuana

Ive made a list of reasons to quit, and my history with weed. I havent smoked weed at all today, and am feeling the withdrawals pretty badly.

The thing that might be my biggest roadblock is my gf. Shes just like me, addicted to both cigs & weed. We've been smoking together for 4 yrs. I dont have much will power, but am trying to get some. She has even less will power than I do. She already tried calling someone to bring her a joint. I told her I am not giving her any money for it. Thankfully, it didnt come through. But I just know shes going to fall through. Hopefully, I can quit and be done with it, and then help her to quit. But I gotta quit first!

The money is probably the biggest reason I want to quit tho. Nearly $400 a month we spend on weed for the both of us. And thats just regular shit. $400!!!! And then add in a pack of cigarettes a day, nearly $4.00 a day. So thats around $520 a month, $6,000 a year. The past 4 years: Nearly $25,000!!!!!!!!!!!! My God, how I could use that money now.

So Im asking the Planet, how did you quit smoking cigarettes? How did you quit smoking weed? Is it easier to quit both at the same time? Any success stories?

Nope, you gotta quit together. And you've got to get new friends.

Chantix worked for me (lifelong dipper) and I did plenty of drugs. The way I kicked drugs was moved the f out. Now, I know that's not practical for everybody but the premise is concrete. If you want to quit drugs or drinking you have to stay away from them for awhile, a long while, and away from people who will be doing it around you. You must have will power to get through the craves. And you must be accountable for your quit. To your family, to a support group, to somebody, anybody.

You have to make all new habits of NOT doing weed and smoking and that takes time. You have to get through the, "I'm quitting stage" to the "I don't smoke/weed" stage before you can ahem, re-enter society. You should try to avoid the social circles that led you to do these things in the first place. Your GF has to be a part of that. If she isn't then that is a problem. You shouldn't have to sit through the cravings etc exercising the will power it takes to give up these things while she's getting loaded next to you. It just ain't right and it ain't gonna work. Period. I know it ain't easy but if they're your friends they'll understand. Friends rejoice in your success not drag you into failure. The bottom line is pot smokers smoke pot, coke addicts do blow, drug users use drugs, it is what they do. It is a definining characteristic of their personality and it is that characteristic that is dangerous to a quit.

Bottom line is no drug, no quit is going to work unless you are fully committed to it and that is going to mean sacrifice. If your friends can't appreciate and support your efforts to do something you believe is necessary to improve your standard of living and way of life then are they really friends? Same goes for the girl. Besides, weed is just little green bags of procrastination. Hang it up and move on with life.

threebag02
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
I quit cold turkey after about 15 yrs of smoking back in December. Still haven't smoked. Even spent a day in jail for something I didn't do. Still not smoking

RaiderH8r
04-19-2010, 10:45 AM

That's where Chantix helped me the most. I still had the cravings but they seemed much more tolerable. I was able to just hold out for 10-15 minutes and the craving would pass. Over the time I took Chantix the periods in between got longer and longer and the cravings became shorter and shorter. Since then I've just made it my goal to go each day without touching tobacco (including cigars) because it is a badge of honor. You'll do yourself proud.

Frazod
04-19-2010, 10:49 AM
My wife quit smoking shortly after I did. It would have been very difficult to quit had she not done so.

If your girlfriend loves, or at least likes, you she should be supportive of you during this time. If she's too wrapped up in her own selfishness to do so, perhaps you'd be better off without her.

ArrowheadHawk
04-19-2010, 11:11 AM
I smoked tobacco for 10 years and finaly quit after about the 10th attempt. It has been over 3 years since I've had a smoke. Will power is the key to quitting for good. The actually tobacco is out of your system after a few days. The thing that got me over this was sunflower seeds. They would keep my mind and mouth busy. I don't have any urges to smoke now but I did up until 2 years after.

RJ
04-19-2010, 11:57 AM
After 25 years of smoking I gave it up almost 7 years ago and haven't touched one since. I attribute my success to two things. One is using the patch. I followed the instructions to the letter every step of the way.

The other thing is motivation. I had quit before but always went back. This time the motivation was the birth of my little girl. There was no was I was smoking around her so I just stayed quit.

It's tough to quit but many of us have done it and so can you. I promise you'll be glad you did.

Bugeater
04-19-2010, 12:05 PM
That's where Chantix helped me the most. I still had the cravings but they seemed much more tolerable. I was able to just hold out for 10-15 minutes and the craving would pass. Over the time I took Chantix the periods in between got longer and longer and the cravings became shorter and shorter. Since then I've just made it my goal to go each day without touching tobacco (including cigars) because it is a badge of honor. You'll do yourself proud.
That's odd. I had 0 cravings when I was on the Chantix, the stuff was incredible. It wasn't until long after I stopped using it that I buckled.

InChiefsHell
04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
That's odd. I had 0 cravings when I was on the Chantix, the stuff was incredible. It wasn't until long after I stopped using it that I buckled.

My wife has been on it for 2 weeks. Smoked teh first week, and this last week was her first without smoking...she cheated a couple of times, but the cravings have indeed gone away. Last time she tried CHantix she just didn't stay on it long enough. It's messing with her sleeping. She doesn't get the weird dreams, but she wakes up a lot during the night and just has a hard time sleeping in general.

And yeah, you have to stay on your guard pretty much forever. My wife's grandma hasn't smoked in 20+ years, but still says that when she smells one if she's having a cocktail or whatever she is amazed at how much she wants one...still to this day...

Priest31kc
04-19-2010, 01:03 PM
I smoked tobacco for 10 years and finaly quit after about the 10th attempt. It has been over 3 years since I've had a smoke. Will power is the key to quitting for good. The actually tobacco is out of your system after a few days. The thing that got me over this was sunflower seeds. They would keep my mind and mouth busy. I don't have any urges to smoke now but I did up until 2 years after.

I actually LOVE sunflower seeds and have been eatin em lately.....I figured those might be able to help

RaiderH8r
04-19-2010, 02:16 PM

Mine were always when I buckled into a research project for work. Sitting at a computer is a huge trigger for me. Kinda want one now.:D But I won't.

I can't stress accountability enough. Once the Chantix is gone then its just you and your quit. Going it alone is a tough row to hoe, having someone to sympathize, chastize, and keep you on track is very helpful.