PDA

View Full Version : Life Anyone ever had a DFS complaint against you?

Lono
04-19-2010, 01:55 PM
So a few weeks ago my son was at his grandparents. They were cooking and, my son who is 4 likes to help peel potatoes. They give him a potatoe and a butter knife and he acts all big. He loves it and thinks he is really helping. He does this all the time. Well apparently he gets the bright idea to stab the potatoe. Not smart on his part I know, and he cuts his finger with the knife. They take him to the hospital thinking he will need stitches, they werent required, they used some glue. Anyway the Doctor was kind of a butthole from the very start. He comes in asking my son if his parents always let him play with knives and yatta yatta. He is telling him to stop crying or he will give away his easter basket (week before easter and they gave him one /shrug) Anyway this just makes him cry worse. My wife is really starting to get pissed now. Anyway he puts the glue on and leaves. Today my wife calls and says DFS is investigating the incident and we have 10 days to reply. I am more than irate. If I catch this doctor out, they will arrest me because i will beat him senseless.

Pestilence
04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
The doctor told him to stop crying or he would take away his Easter basket?

If that happened....I would've requested another Dr and talked to the higher ups at the hospital.

CrazyPhuD
04-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Do the american thing....sue..and no I'm not kidding.

Garcia Bronco
04-19-2010, 02:01 PM
The guy sounds like a real asshole. Don't worry though. Karma has a way of working things out and the best revenge in life is living well.

soopamanluva
04-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Complain to the hospital board about the doctor. Then threaten to sue the doc personally and the hospital for any fees you may come out of pocket for.What hospital was this?

Chiefnj2
04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Your state should have a state licensing agency. Complain to them about the Dr's purposeful infliction of emotional distress on your child.

Lono
04-19-2010, 02:08 PM
It was in West Plains, Mo.

Gonzo
04-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Complain to the hospital board about the doctor. Then threaten to sue the doc personally and the hospital for any fees you may come out of pocket for.What hospital was this?

this

HotRoute
04-19-2010, 02:12 PM
what a douch, maybe you caught him towards the end of his shift. some docs work some pretty screwed up hours

MikeMaslowski
04-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Maybe you should stop stabbing your kids with butter knives.

On a serious note. Don't freak out if they come to your house. I promise you that they see some pretty horrible shit. My cousin is a social worker and she says some people lose their minds and can hardly speak when she comes. Don't let them push you around and keep being a good parent. Good luck.

Oh, and don't beat the doctor, they have really good lawyers. :)

MOhillbilly
04-19-2010, 02:22 PM
NOTHINGS GONNA HAPPEN.

Chiefnj2
04-19-2010, 02:24 PM
The doc sounds like a first class dick, but he probably had an obligation to report the incident.

tooge
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM
tell grandma and grandpa that 4 year olds dont need to "help" cut potatos with any knife. Then call hospital and tell them the doc you saw needs a few pointers in bedside manner. that is all.

Baconeater
04-19-2010, 02:33 PM
You'd better hope the social workers aren't having a slow month, these fuggers have the potential to ruin your life.

Bane
04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes it happened to me and my wife also.My oldest was 4 at the time (11 now) and he ran across the floor and tried to jump on top of me but slid and hit the coffee table,and busted his head wide open.8 stitches later they started asking us all those stupid questions like do you watch them,are they left alone etc...Well 3 days later we get a call and a social worker stops by and grills us up and down about the shit,looks around blah blah blah.Well in the end the incident was unfound and we weren't accused of anything but it makes you wonder just how secure you are anymore just trying to be a good parent and letting them just be kids.
Posted via Mobile Device

raybec 4
04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
NOTHINGS GONNA HAPPEN.

This. You really have to be a shitbag to get DFS to take any action against you. They'll do an investigation and leave it there.

tooge
04-19-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm not taking the side of the doc here, he sounded like an enormous prick. However, I sometimes have patients that brings their kids in with teeth rotted to the gumline. then they dont make an appointment for treatment and I dont see the kid again for two years. By then, things are worse and they are only in for a toothache. Cant tell you how many times I want to call DFS.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
If I catch this doctor out, they will arrest me because i will beat him senseless.

Wow. Not the right place to threaten a doctor because he saw a 4 year old child come in with a self inflicted stab wound.

They are looking out for your childs' safety.

I don't see why that should bring you to threats of violent rage.

Chiefnj2
04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes it happened to me and my wife also.My oldest was 4 at the time (11 now) and he ran across the floor and tried to jump on top of me but slid and hit the coffee table,and busted his head wide open.8 stitches later they started asking us all those stupid questions like do you watch them,are they left alone etc...Well 3 days later we get a call and a social worker stops by and grills us up and down about the shit,looks around blah blah blah.Well in the end the incident was unfound and we weren't accused of anything but it makes you wonder just how secure you are anymore just trying to be a good parent and letting them just be kids.
Posted via Mobile Device

You let your kids jump? Dangerous. You might want to rethink that parenting philosophy and mandate a one foot on the floor at all times rule.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Their job is looking out for the kids. They aren't there to get you. I don't understand why parents who are inconvenienced by questioning turn so hostile when someone was there in an effort to protect the most beloved part of your life (I assume).

It's not about you. Why make it so?

raybec 4
04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
You let your kids jump? Dangerous. You might want to rethink that parenting philosophy and mandate a one foot on the floor at all times rule.

The safest way is two points of contact with a permanent surface at all times.

MOhillbilly
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Their job is looking out for the kids. They aren't there to get you. I don't understand why parents who are inconvenienced by questioning turn so hostile when someone was there in an effort to protect the most beloved part of your life (I assume).

Is there any part of you that doesnt scream vagina?

Pride as a parent. Pride as a Man.

CoMoChief
04-19-2010, 02:55 PM

It's not the states job to parent children. It's the parent's job to raise their children. Shit happens. Sometimes really stupid shit. The state doesn't need to be breathing down people's back lecturing on how to people should raise their children. Parents learn along the way at being a parent as well.

CoMoChief
04-19-2010, 02:56 PM

LMAO

Frazod

That's the idea behind the job. Social workers can be just as fucked up as the next person. Get one in powertrip mode and say what they perceive to be the wrong thing and see what happens.

Baconeater

Their jobs are also to keep their jobs secure.

raybec 4
04-19-2010, 02:58 PM

The End.

HemiEd
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Don't worry, they are just looking out for your child's interest. They are probably more than relieved to find out that you are a fit parent.

J

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Wow. Not the right place to threaten a doctor because he saw a 4 year old child come in with a self inflicted stab wound.

They are looking out for your childs' safety.

I don't see why that should bring you to threats of violent rage.

He needed his ass kicked for threatening to take his Easter Basket in my book. Docs don't threaten kids when they come to them for assistance.

DJ's left nut
04-19-2010, 03:18 PM
This is probably significantly easier said than done, but just ride it out. Don't be a dick about it, just answer honestly and forthrightly and they'll let it go.

I've seen DFS walk into houses with people that have kids with spiral fractures (clear evidence of abuse) and methed out parents only to do nothing about it.

It's a dick move by the Dr. to report you, IMO. There's no way that guy doesn't see things 100 times worse than that on a routine basis; anyone that works in the medical field can attest to this. At the same time, you can really only make things worse by flying off the handle here.

It sucks, but you're best served to just play ball here.

Garcia Bronco
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
This. You really have to be a shitbag to get DFS to take any action against you. They'll do an investigation and leave it there.

AND keep a record of the investigation.

Garcia Bronco
04-19-2010, 03:22 PM

You've posted some stupid shit over the years, but that takes the cake. Clearly you do not have children or are a parent.

soopamanluva
04-19-2010, 03:36 PM

Yea, they are there to protect your kids.....from you. Like they care more about your children than you or even give damn. Thats why he's upset. Not hard to understand. A person coming to YOUR house, to question YOU about YOUR kids. People don't like to be threatened or told what to do.

Bane
04-19-2010, 03:36 PM

I know what their job is and they're only trying to protect children,my problem wasn't with being questioned,it was with the manner in which she worded the questions.She tried to make is sound as if we didn't watch our boys correctly and that maybe we needed parenting classes so to "learn" how to watch our kids.I tried to explain to her calmly that. They run,they jump,they play,every once in a while something is gonna happen.It wasn't like that was our 4th or 5th emergency room visit with him having a busted head or some crazy shit.I understand the whole protect the kids thing so don't act like I'm an asshole for being upset with a smart ass bitch who tried to question my parenting and make It sound like I'm not a capable parent!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
04-19-2010, 03:39 PM
AND keep a record of the investigation.

Yeah that pissed me off too.Now me and the wife have on our record that they"invesigated"us for child neglect.Even though it was unfounded its still there and that's a crock of shit for the parents that do try very hard to be good parents and take good care of our kids.
Posted via Mobile Device

sedated
04-19-2010, 03:57 PM
hide the bruises

MOhillbilly
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Had a buddy blurt out once that he knew he was a good parent cause DFS had told him so, twice.

RJ
04-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Man, if a kid getting a little cut will get the law on you my ass would have been in big trouble when my sons were young. I lost track of how many times we had to go to the ER for various stitches and broken bones. I remember one time the doc asks my oldest if he's ever had stitches before.

"Yes"

"Where have you had them?"

"St. Josephs, Good Samaritan, Franklin Square....."

"No, not the hospital. Where on your body?"

Yeah, I'd have been in trouble.

Bi_polar
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM
wait, is that the same as date-rape? let me know and i'll offer up my reply.

tmax63
04-19-2010, 05:59 PM
++++1 on keeping the report on file forever. See what happens if he falls down and hurts/cuts himself and see how fast they respond on the second "accident". Another indication of how close we are getting to a nanny state. Remember Obama and government knows best regardless of whether it's cars, finances or parenting.

Predarat
04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Yes I got them called on me because my Air Conditioning broke and complained about bad living conditions. Whoever called needs to take a trip to the ghetto or farm houses. Luckily I got a good DFS rep but they were so mad at my neighbor for wasting their time but I was told they pretty much have to respond to every complaint.

jidar
04-19-2010, 06:17 PM
That sucks.

Although this thread is once again filled with short sighted idiots.

The next time there is a thread about kids being kicked and beaten then everyone will wonder why the parents still have control the kids.

So how is DFS supposed to know if a case is neglect, abuse or just nothing? Yeah they have to ask. I guess all you ****ing pillowbiters have esp or something and would just know somehow...

THINK MCFLY

dumb ****s
jesus

Lono
04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Well I talked to the social worker that works at the same school as I do. She said I have absolutely nothing to worry about and that they will drop it immediately after I talk to them. They are required to send that after the doctor sent in his stuff.

jaz, are you kidding me. Wth is an ER for? I had stitches all the damn time as a kid. My parents didn't beat me or something stupid. It is absolutely absurd for a Doctor to do that. The ONLY reason he did is because my wife was pissed about the way he was talking and acting. I was told that nothing will come of it but I should sure as hell be pissed at that doctor. The kid had zero bruises and he had zero cause to report that other than being a dick. I'm also going to say me showing up dirty and in camo made him think I was some white trash who couldn't take care of my kids. (listened for turkeys that morning otw to the lake fishing) Can you say stereotype! Basically other than my son needing to be looked at to see if he needed stitches from an accident, of which he did not, there was no reason for him to report it. Your right, I should have knocked his teeth out when he threatened to take my kids basket as he was bawling while looking at his cut.

Darien25
04-19-2010, 09:44 PM
It was in West Plains, Mo.

I lived in West Plains in the 70's and 80's. Graduated a Zizzer. Yeah! Unfortunately, the town sucks major ass. My mom still lives there but every time we go to visit we spend more time in Mammoth Springs or Alton (another crappy town).

jAZ
04-19-2010, 09:53 PM
It's not the states job to parent children. It's the parent's job to raise their children. Shit happens. Sometimes really stupid shit. The state doesn't need to be breathing down people's back lecturing on how to people should raise their children. Parents learn along the way at being a parent as well.

They aren't there to parent kids. They put some kids back with really shitty parents. Their job isn't to make sure you are a good parent. It's to protect children and ultimately save lives. 4 year olds can't save their own life in most cases.

Again, it's not about you (anyone) as a parent. It's about the kid.

KCChiefsMan
04-19-2010, 09:57 PM

um, it adds a lot of stress to people who don't deserve it. Soon when a kid falls off of his bike, gets in a school yard shuffle, gets a bump in the head or doesn't do his homework the DFS will get involved, that's the direction this country is going in and it ridiculous.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 09:59 PM
That's the idea behind the job. Social workers can be just as ****ed up as the next person. Get one in powertrip mode and say what they perceive to be the wrong thing and see what happens.

I'm not saying that's impossible. It's absolutely possible. And it happens. But the vast, vast majority of CPS workers aren't on some power trip. They live within the courts and the judges. The truth is that it's more often the case that a bad case worker isn't on a power trip, but they are over worked, under paid, and often not very good at their job (more heart than head).

The perception of CPS as some band of thieving cowboy kid stealers on power trips is so far off base it's ludicrous. They are almost to a person there to protect children. It's a shitty job. They do it because they love children and want to protect them.

KCChiefsMan
04-19-2010, 10:01 PM
They do it because they love children and want to protect them.

ya and doctors become doctors because they want to help people....:rolleyes:

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM
um, it adds a lot of stress to people who don't deserve it. Soon when a kid falls off of his bike, gets in a school yard shuffle, gets a bump in the head or doesn't do his homework the DFS will get involved, that's the direction this country is going in and it ridiculous.

Sorry, but if a 4 year old cuts himself with a knife, the Dr. has no idea what happened. They report it to CPS who does an in-home to make sure it's not the tip of some parenting death trap iceberg.

If you treat the situation as some perfectly reasonable (if false) suspicion by people who are also trying to look out for the safety of your beloved child, then instead of being pissed about being questioned, you would welcome them in... answer the questions, deal with the extra burden and be grateful that someone out there is looking out for the kids of the hundreds of thousands of drug abusing parents who in more than some occasions get high and let their 4 year olds play with switch blades.

Again, it's not about the parents. It's about the kids.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:08 PM
ya and doctors become doctors because they want to help people....:rolleyes:

Social Workers have shit jobs and make zero money. The emotional baggage they deal with is insane. The turnover is crazy. They don't do it for the $1/4M paycheck. They do it because they want to help kids. They quit because the experience is so much harder than you an imagine.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Their jobs are also to keep their jobs secure.

That's so amazingly ignorant.

The majority of CPS workers quit their jobs and go do something else. There is no shortage of drugged out freaks and child rapists. They don't want to nor do they need to waste time with parents who are caring for their kids even reasonably. Job security is the last thing these people worry about.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Yea, they are there to protect your kids.....from you. Like they care more about your children than you or even give damn. Thats why he's upset. Not hard to understand. A person coming to YOUR house, to question YOU about YOUR kids. People don't like to be threatened or told what to do.

Again, it's not about YOU. They are there because someone in a position of trust (in this case a Dr. treating a wounded 4 year old who was admittedly ALLOWED to play with a knife sharp enough to cause a deep enough wound to warrant an ER trip and some glue-stitches) questioning the butterknife story and reporting the incident for follow up.

That's about as reasonable of a false-positive CPS story as I can imagine.

Surely not something anyone wants to deal with, but a perfectly reasonable situation to report.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Don't worry, they are just looking out for your child's interest. They are probably more than relieved to find out that you are a fit parent.

J

Exactly.

KCChiefsMan
04-19-2010, 10:21 PM
how come us adults are doing ok now? Most of the stuff we did when we were kids, we'd be in prison right now or we would have been taken away from our parents for the shit our generation used to do. I'm just talking about rough-housing, hunting, a school yard fight and outdoor activities. We weren't prescribed Ritalin and Aderol either and we seem to be managing ok right now. Where was all of this DFS shit when we were young? Why are we doing ok right now if this is what is best?

Baconeater
04-19-2010, 10:23 PM

The majority of CPS workers quit their jobs and go do something else. There is no shortage of drugged out freaks and child rapists. They don't want to nor do they need to waste time with parents who are caring for their kids even reasonably. Job security is the last thing these people worry about.
Oh fuck off, I watched them destroy the family of a close friend of mine, so don't fucking tell me what I do and don't know.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:27 PM
He needed his ass kicked for threatening to take his Easter Basket in my book. Docs don't threaten kids when they come to them for assistance.

I have no problem with being pissed at the Dr. being a prick. I'd have reported that Dr. before leaving the hospital. Threatening to beat the Dr. senseless for reporting an injured child who you admit you let play with a knife sharp enough to require an ER trip and glue-stitches... is IMO way, way over the line.

It's about the child.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Oh **** off, I watched them destroy the family of a close friend of mine, so don't ****ing tell me what I do and don't know.

Whatever you saw, it was one case of someone else's experience. There is a lot more than what you could possibly know.

KCChiefsMan
04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I used to light gas bombs and throw them. I used to climb all the way up very tall evergreen trees. I was swimming in a rocky area in Vermont and fell down a 20 ft waterfall. I played with bottle rockets. I had bb gun wars. I blew up some toys. I would ride my bike and go over huge jumps and sometimes I would fall and scrape a knee. I would go off in deep and far into a thick forest by myself. I got in school yard fist fights. I ran under the kitchen table once and managed to knock something over and it fell on my head and needed stitches. I once tied a rope from the top of our 15 ft deck and I tried to climb down and I fell and broke my arm. I used to swim far out into the ocean. I played with fire quite a bit. I made make-shift weapons.

now, if we had the rules today back then. I would have been taken away from my parents, I would probably be in prison and I would be far worse off. But I'm doing fine and my parents are great. But like I said, with that crap I used to do and those rules we have today existed back then, I'd be in prison still for all of that. I guarantee it.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
how come us adults are doing ok now? Most of the stuff we did when we were kids, we'd be in prison right now or we would have been taken away from our parents for the shit our generation used to do. I'm just talking about rough-housing, hunting, a school yard fight and outdoor activities. We weren't prescribed Ritalin and Aderol either and we seem to be managing ok right now. Where was all of this DFS shit when we were young? Why are we doing ok right now if this is what is best?

I can't respond to platitudes. I assure you that "rough-housing", "hunting", "school yard fight" and "outdoor activities" alone don't draw a CPS case.

If you child shows up at a hospital with a knife wound and a hostile parent admitting that he'll let his kid play with whatever knives he wants and the DR can go to hell... will almost surely draw one though.

CPS isn't out there trying to make sure you do the best possible thing as a parent. They are out there making sure you don't end up with a dead kid.

|Zach|
04-19-2010, 10:34 PM

Arent you in your mid to late 20's?

|Zach|
04-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I think people are letting their personal connections cloud what seems to be a common sense line of questioning. Can't speak to how or in what manner in which the stuff was asked. Could have been a dickish way to go about it. But it is hard to disagree with there being concern. Hoping the person or Dr who sees a red flag is a good enough listener to see an accident for what it is.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I used to light gas bombs and throw them. I used to climb all the way up very tall evergreen trees. I was swimming in a rocky area in Vermont and fell down a 20 ft waterfall. I played with bottle rockets. I had bb gun wars. I blew up some toys. I would ride my bike and go over huge jumps and sometimes I would fall and scrape a knee. I would go off in deep and far into a thick forest by myself. I got in school yard fist fights. I ran under the kitchen table once and managed to knock something over and it fell on my head and needed stitches. I once tied a rope from the top of our 15 ft deck and I tried to climb down and I fell and broke my arm. I used to swim far out into the ocean. I played with fire quite a bit. I made make-shift weapons.

now, if we had the rules today back then. I would have been taken away from my parents, I would probably be in prison and I would be far worse off. But I'm doing fine and my parents are great. But like I said, with that crap I used to do and those rules we have today existed back then, I'd be in prison still for all of that. I guarantee it.

Yeah, some of that would draw a CPS case. Not on it's own, but in conjunction with something else. That's pretty extreme.

If your parents brought you into the ER with burns and they were telling DR's that they routinely let you play with fire, make gas bombs and other weapons, you'd have more than CPS coming by no matter the generation.

Those sorts of things are far different than coming into the ER with a broken arm because you fell while trying to climb off a deck and the parent is there telling the DR how you tried to tell him to "stop screwing around".

jAZ
04-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Well I talked to the social worker that works at the same school as I do. She said I have absolutely nothing to worry about and that they will drop it immediately after I talk to them. They are required to send that after the doctor sent in his stuff.

Based on your explanation of events, that exactly what I'd expect as well. I can understand being frustrated by the unknown in a situation like that. It's gotta create a bit of panic.

jaz, are you kidding me. Wth is an ER for? I had stitches all the damn time as a kid. My parents didn't beat me or something stupid. It is absolutely absurd for a Doctor to do that. The ONLY reason he did is because my wife was pissed about the way he was talking and acting. I was told that nothing will come of it but I should sure as hell be pissed at that doctor. The kid had zero bruises and he had zero cause to report that other than being a dick. I'm also going to say me showing up dirty and in camo made him think I was some white trash who couldn't take care of my kids. (listened for turkeys that morning otw to the lake fishing) Can you say stereotype! Basically other than my son needing to be looked at to see if he needed stitches from an accident, of which he did not, there was no reason for him to report it. Your right, I should have knocked his teeth out when he threatened to take my kids basket as he was bawling while looking at his cut.

I can't speak to your exact case since I wasn't there. I can't defend the Dr. Nor can I criticize him.

My point isn't to blame you. You sound like a passionate and caring parent. My point is simply that I see people all too often seeing the world of CPS through the eyes of their own personal interest and IMO it should be viewed through the interest of being sure that the child is safe.

No different really than some neighbor who finds a child wandering around in the street... if that's me, I bring that kid home to his house and in the process look around to make sure there isn't some red-flag that indicates there might be a bigger problem at hand.

In your case, admitting that you allow your child to play with knives combined with a stab wound (I am assuming the kid was holding the potato and shoved the butter knife through it and into his palm)... is a real red-flag.

Either one alone isn't sufficient.

soopamanluva
04-20-2010, 06:01 AM
Again, it's not about YOU. They are there because someone in a position of trust (in this case a Dr. treating a wounded 4 year old who was admittedly ALLOWED to play with a knife sharp enough to cause a deep enough wound to warrant an ER trip and some glue-stitches) questioning the butterknife story and reporting the incident for follow up.

That's about as reasonable of a false-positive CPS story as I can imagine.

Surely not something anyone wants to deal with, but a perfectly reasonable situation to report.

See,there you go. Trying to tell me what I know. My wife IS a social worker. I know exactly what they do. Dr's are a mandated profession but not for something like this. There is no history of any kind of abuse that HE has record of that would warrant a report to DFS. He was just being an ass. Like I said, I KNOW the process and what it takes. The charges are unfounded.

Pushead2
04-20-2010, 06:05 AM
http://www.morrowcounty.info/childabuselogo.jpg

patteeu
04-20-2010, 06:39 AM
Complain to the hospital board about the doctor.

This.

Your state should have a state licensing agency. Complain to them about the Dr's purposeful infliction of emotional distress on your child.

And this.

Then threaten to sue the doc personally and the hospital for any fees you may come out of pocket for.What hospital was this?

But not this.

patteeu
04-20-2010, 06:45 AM
That sucks.

Although this thread is once again filled with short sighted idiots.

The next time there is a thread about kids being kicked and beaten then everyone will wonder why the parents still have control the kids.

So how is DFS supposed to know if a case is neglect, abuse or just nothing? Yeah they have to ask. I guess all you ****ing pillowbiters have esp or something and would just know somehow...

THINK MCFLY

dumb ****s
jesus

Are you trying to out-douche jAZ, mommy?

Jenson71
04-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Arent you in your mid to late 20's?

LMAO

kepp
04-20-2010, 07:03 AM

Is it always reasonable for the parents to get upset? Probably not. But you seriously don't understand it?

kepp
04-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Yes I got them called on me because my Air Conditioning broke and complained about bad living conditions. Whoever called needs to take a trip to the ghetto or farm houses. Luckily I got a good DFS rep but they were so mad at my neighbor for wasting their time but I was told they pretty much have to respond to every complaint.

That's crazy. I'm glad I don't have neighbors like that.

kepp
04-20-2010, 07:15 AM
We had to fill out a short questionaire once when my daughter fell off her bike and broke her arm. The Dr. had very good manners about it though, and explained that it was protocol for this type of injury (which I completely understand). However, even knowing that, I felt a little defensive about it in the beginning. Now if the Dr. would have been an idiot/jerk like this guy, I would have been very upset.

Lono
04-20-2010, 07:26 AM
jaz I understand what your saying. I really do. This wasn't some doctor who came in and you could tell he cared about my son. He was loud, obnoxious, and a jerk. Had he been different with my son, I might buy that he is only looking out for him. However when you talk and act like this guy did, he wasn't looking out for the best of my kid. He was being a jerk. I already had a bb gun and pocket knife at his age when I was a kid. We don't live in the city, knives and bb guns are normal stuff for kids around here. While he was givin that privilege and then did something stupid, he now lost that privilege. He knows why. Almost one month ago some friends of ours 6 yr old cut himself much worse with his pocket knife, there was no call on them. Again my point in this whole situation is that the Dr. wasn't looking out for my kid he was pissed because my wife got pissed at him.

KCChiefsMan
04-20-2010, 08:20 AM
I just don't think that the children's best interest is at heart here. I bet there is a quota or something that they have to fill and I'm sure there is money generated from it as well.

Frazod
04-20-2010, 08:51 AM

Care to back any this bullshit up with actual stats or proof, or are we just supposed to take your word for it that you're an expert on what what a bunch of people you've never met think, want, need and worry about? :rolleyes:

Baconeater
04-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Care to back any this bullshit up with actual stats or proof, or are we just supposed to take your word for it that you're an expert on what what a bunch of people you've never met think, want, need and worry about? :rolleyes:
Eh, give him a break. I remember a time when I was young and naive and thought the gov't had our best interests in mind as well. I blame our school system for that, they're nothing but a propaganda machine. He'll get smacked in the face by reality sooner or later.

|Zach|
04-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Eh, give him a break. I remember a time when I was young and naive and thought the gov't had our best interests in mind as well. I blame our school system for that, they're nothing but a propaganda machine. He'll get smacked in the face by reality sooner or later.

So in this thread people have come to the conclusion that Jaz is really young and not a father.

Neither of which seems to be true.

Frazod
04-20-2010, 09:34 AM
So in this thread people have come to the conclusion that Jaz is really young and not a father.

I never really thought about it, but perhaps the photo in his avatar is actually him.

It would explain a great deal. :D

boogblaster
04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Try hard to please the bastards .. they can ruin your life .. dumb frickin' by the book assholes .....

Baconeater
04-20-2010, 09:39 AM

I didn't say really young. I'm almost 42, and to be honest I had similar views as him until about five years ago. The events I have experienced and witnessed since then has changed my outlook forever. You really can't judge something until you see it in action firsthand.

And I'm not sure how being a father figures into the equation, all that means is somewhere along the line he managed to impregnate a woman.

Brock
04-20-2010, 09:41 AM
My wife's a social worker. Most of her coworkers are burnouts just going through the motions. They have their empathy taken away from them over the years by people playing the system.

It's a job for a young idealist, and unfortunately, young idealists are mostly stupid, the kind of people who can't or won't differentiate between an isolated accident and a pattern of ongoing abuse.

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 09:43 AM

It is pretty much true. I work with some of these people and they are paid like shit and it is a tough job with alot of burnout and turnover. In a way I kind of compare it to being a Probation\Parole officer, shit pay, shit hours and huge caseload.