PDA

View Full Version : Football Dorsey To Move To NT?

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 03:20 PM
I've been hearing Petro say that he has been hearing rumblings of Dorsey moving to NT and having him putting some weight back on (320lbs). I'm not sure if I like this idea or not, but it we can avoid spending some more high picks on the DL then I think it's worth a shot. Thoughts on a beefed up Dorsey at NT?

If repost suck it.

Pushead2
04-19-2010, 03:21 PM
:spock:

Count Zarth
04-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Considering pretty much all he's been doing is 2-gapping for two years, and he mostly sucks at anything else, it might work if he can fat up.

He has good lower body strength and he's short with long arms. So he has that going for him. Now it's a question of whether he can command double teams and if he can add the weight without getting gassed after a quarter.

kepp
Not sure that would be good since he had that knee injury a while back.

KCrockaholic
Repost if Ive ever seen one.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Considering pretty much all he's been doing is 2-gapping for two years, and he mostly sucks at anything else, it might work if he can fat up.

He has good lower body strength and he's short with long arms. So he has that going for him. Now it's a question of whether he can command double teams and if he can add the weight without getting gassed after a quarter.

I think it's worth a shot. I would probably still take a NT in the 3rd or 4th, if you can find one, for insurance.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Repost if Ive ever seen one.

Edited OP for you. Thanks.

Ebolapox
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
do you have kids? I'd be all for filing a DFS report due to their daddy's idiocy :p

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
If they change their defense to the Dallas 3-4, I could see Gilberry, Dorsey & Jackson on the line but they would need MUCH better linebackers than they have right now.

Coach
04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
If they change their defense to the Dallas 3-4, I could see Gilberry, Dorsey & Jackson on the line but they would need MUCH better linebackers than they have right now.

Agreed.

BigRock
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I wonder where Petro's hearing these rumblings. Maybe from when the GM had a press conference last week and was specifically asked about Dorsey playing NT.

BossChief
04-19-2010, 03:48 PM

DJ and Hali are perfect fits IMO. We would be able to add a guy like Spikes in the middle rounds and a guy like Hughes in the second and we would be there.

Get us a safety (Berry) to patrol the deep secondary and make plays when teams try to attack us deep and that defense would make strides.

Dorsey would be a perfect fit as a gap penetrating nose, defensive MVP type good, possibly.

It would be a fantastic development if true, but I doubt its validity.

DaneMcCloud
04-19-2010, 03:51 PM
DJ and Hali are perfect fits IMO.

I disagree.

DJ is an absent minded fool. I wouldn't trust him at all. And Hali is so weak against the run that ideally, he'd be a third down player.

Chocolate Hog
04-19-2010, 03:52 PM

Oh man this would make McClain a more likely pick.

Chocolate Hog
04-19-2010, 03:54 PM
Ndominate would kick ass in Dallas 34 scheme.

jAZ
04-19-2010, 03:56 PM
... Petro say that he has been hearing rumblings of Dorsey moving to NT...

He's a real insider:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-NT-Glenn-Dorsey/eda0159c-e5ae-428e-96f9-e17d6ed973de

jAZ
04-19-2010, 03:57 PM
I wonder where Petro's hearing these rumblings. Maybe from when the GM had a press conference last week and was specifically asked about Dorsey playing NT.

That and the subsequent article on KCChiefs.com by Josh Looney.

siberian khatru
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM

Trade down for McClain, then trade back up into 1st to get Weatherspoon.

;) LMAO :Poke:

chiefzilla1501
04-19-2010, 04:02 PM

Yup. And unfortunately, that aien't happening. Pioli/Crennel are pigeonholed to the Fairbanks 3-4 and I don't see Jackson in that role, as he's better fit for pure 2-gap. I'd like to see this team think a little outside of the box. Unfortunately, it's probably going to be by the Patriots' book.

BossChief
04-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I disagree.

DJ is an absent minded fool. I wouldn't trust him at all. And Hali is so weak against the run that ideally, he'd be a third down player.
Hali had a poor 40 time in the combine, but his shuttle times relevant to the position of OLB were elite (believe it or not, they stacked up to Demarcus Wares times quite well iirc). He would make a very good fit in that defense, alot better than the fairbanks system that calls for him to cover a lot more.

I think the system fits DJs skill set as well as one can. Remember how disruptive he was against Pittsburgh when they were bringing him on blitzes and dropping him back both equally? He looked pretty good. He made game changing plays and we likely wouldnt have won without him.

Id like to point out that Pioli not only talked about trading down, he also talked about trading UP. I can see him moving up for a guy like Suh. If the price was right.

A 3-4 DL of

Suh
Dorsey
Jackson

would be fucking superb and would make the whole defenses job easier. Linebackers we would add from there on would be in a great position to succeed as teams would have to dedicate all 5 linemen to block those guys quite regularly.

chiefzilla1501
04-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Hali had a poor 40 time in the combine, but his shuttle times relevant to the position of OLB were elite (believe it or not, they stacked up to Demarcus Wares times quite well iirc). He would make a very good fit in that defense, alot better than the fairbanks system that calls for him to cover a lot more.

I think the system fits DJs skill set as well as one can. Remember how disruptive he was against Pittsburgh when they were bringing him on blitzes and dropping him back both equally? He looked pretty good. He made game changing plays and we likely wouldnt have won without him.

Id like to point out that Pioli not only talked about trading down, he also talked about trading UP. I can see him moving up for a guy like Suh. If the price was right.

A 3-4 DL of

Suh
Dorsey
Jackson

would be ****ing superb and would make the whole defenses job easier. Linebackers we would add from there on would be in a great position to succeed as teams would have to dedicate all 5 linemen to block those guys quite regularly.

I'd have to agree with Dane here. DJ looks lost more often than not. He's LaVar Arrington. I'd rather a consistently solid Linebacker than a very inconsistent guy who can make some really big plays every once in a while. A playmaker is one thing, but it's not worth it when you give up as many big plays as you make.

Count Zarth
04-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I cannot believe someone would bring up the Pitt game in defense of DJ. He missed at least three tackles in that game. And he probably would have lost the game if Belcher hadn't made a great play on the next snap.

beach tribe
04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I cannot believe someone would bring up the Pitt game in defense of DJ. He missed at least three tackles in that game. And he probably would have lost the game if Belcher hadn't made a great play on the next snap.

Has DJ ever made a great play without making 3 dumb ones? If he has, I don't remember it.

He made big plays in the Denver game too, and whiffed like an idiot on a few plays in that game as well. Damn, I wish that guy would get his head on straight. He could be an unbelieveable ILB.

TheGuardian
04-19-2010, 05:20 PM
DJ and Hali are perfect fits IMO. We would be able to add a guy like Spikes in the middle rounds and a guy like Hughes in the second and we would be there.

Get us a safety (Berry) to patrol the deep secondary and make plays when teams try to attack us deep and that defense would make strides.

Dorsey would be a perfect fit as a gap penetrating nose, defensive MVP type good, possibly.

It would be a fantastic development if true, but I doubt its validity.

This is good. I hope it's valid.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Has DJ ever made a great play without making 3 dumb ones? If he has, I don't remember it.
agreed ... there was a reason why he was only on the field during passing downs.

he's a dam safety in a LB's body

TheGuardian
04-19-2010, 05:26 PM
DJ has 50 million dollar athletic ability with a 10 cent head. That's just what he is.

GoHuge
04-19-2010, 05:26 PM
BigCat as tight as you and God are can't you just ask him? Surely he keeps regular office hours or is at least on call.

ILChief
04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Only if we draft Suh

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
BigCat as tight as you and God are can't you just ask him? Surely he keeps regular office hours or is at least on call.

In case you missed it Dane McCloud already posted, now go run along and tell everyone how WWII was a religeous driven holy war LMAO

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 06:08 PM

He is going to kick ass where ever he plays.

BigCatDaddy
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
do you have kids? I'd be all for filing a DFS report due to their daddy's idiocy :p

Yeah, he's actually upstairs peeling some spuds right now.

Ralphy Boy
04-19-2010, 06:31 PM

You don't recall correctly.
Hali 3 cone 7.28, 20 yard shuttle 4.31, 40 4.76
Ware 3 cone 6.85, 20 yard shuttle 4.07, 40 4.56

aturnis
04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Maybe what they're talking about is Dorsey playing the nose on third downs.

Draft a two down guy like Cody and come third down, go Jackson, Dorsey, Gilberry/Magee. Might be more effective in getting pressure on the passer than our 2-4-5(?) we ran last year.

I wouldn't put it past Pioli to put this brand of "misinformation"(half truth) out there to make people think he was crazy enough to use Dorsey as a full time NT.