PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Gunther Cunningham the dumbest ****er to ever live?

The Bad Guy
04-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham says the Lions have removed Florida ILB Brandon Spikes from their draft board due to Spikes' slow forty time.

This is more of a reason for me to draft Spikes than anything.

God, if I was Schwartz, I'd fire his ass immediately.

BWillie
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Well, it really is remarkable how slow Spikes was. What'd he run like a 5 flat as a linebacker?

The Bad Guy
04-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, it really is remarkable how slow Spikes was. What'd he run like a 5 flat as a linebacker?

Regardless of which, who announces that they've pulled (x) player off their draft board?

milkman
04-19-2010, 09:26 PM
When I see some of the posters here, I'd have to say no.

But he ain't far from it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Spikes is almost completely worthless to a 4-3 team, but given Gunther is the CoMo of NFL DC's, I might think about the Chiefs drafting him at 5.

lostcause
04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Regardless of which, who announces that they've pulled (x) player off their draft board?

Gunther was never the most surreptitious of people. He was usually a bit too preoccupied with running plays in practice and checking the showers for soap.

Over-Head
04-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Is Gunther Cunningham the dumbest ****er to ever live?

No, that award goes to Al Davis

Consistent1
04-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Dorsey, DJ,a 7th rounder in 2012 and a whole case of those bad-ass yellow tinted glasses for the 2nd overall and Stafford.It even ends the Clausen drama and allows us to get both Berry and.....dare I say it.....Okung! Gun is certainly a character.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Spikes is almost completely worthless to a 4-3 team, but given Gunther is the CoMo of NFL DC's, I might think about the Chiefs drafting him at 5.Literally laughing my ass off. Well played.

KCrockaholic
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM

No, that award goes to Al Davis

Nice to see you admit it :)

KCrockaholic
04-19-2010, 10:43 PM
BTW, If Spikes is in the 3rd, I would like to see us draft him. It would be worth the risk for a 3rd.

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Is it possible that Spikes is slower than Tracy Simien?

The_Doctor10
04-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Question, is it possible Spikes just got out of the blocks poorly on this one run? It seems a little foolish to think he's so incredibly slow if he was a playmaker at Florida for all those years...

I'm not even being glib, I didn't see his run and know almost nothing about the whole workout process; is it even considered he just had a bad run?

Pitt Gorilla
04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Question, is it possible Spikes just got out of the blocks poorly on this one run? It seems a little foolish to think he's so incredibly slow if he was a playmaker at Florida for all those years...

I'm not even being glib, I didn't see his run and know almost nothing about the whole workout process; is it even considered he just had a bad run?I have no idea either, but if that was the case, I imagine he would have run a few more times at his FLA workout.

KCrockaholic
04-19-2010, 10:53 PM
It wasn't a situation like with Joe Haden. Spikes is just slow.

TinyEvel
04-19-2010, 11:24 PM
HE wants an LB with at least a 4.5 so he can run to the ball!!!!FTW!!!!TOTHESHEEP@@!!!!!ELEVNETY@!!

Mecca
04-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Spikes ran twice, he didn't break 5 either time. And 3 is way to damn high, Brandon Spikes is like a 4th or 5th round pick now.

He's lucky to be that, he'll be the first LB that didn't break 5 to be drafted in a decade.

BWillie
04-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Rivals says this cat ran a 4.75 in high school. I don't know what happened to him.

Mecca
04-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Rivals says this cat ran a 4.75 in high school. I don't know what happened to him.

He's probably 30lbs heavier now?

BWillie
04-19-2010, 11:44 PM
He's probably 30lbs heavier now?

So is Taylor Mays. Spikes shoulda done did Winstrol. What was he thinking

Pushead2
04-19-2010, 11:46 PM
So is Taylor Mays. Spikes shoulda done did Winstrol. What was he thinking

ahhhhh yeah...

BossChief
04-20-2010, 12:46 AM
which is dumber, Gunther saying Spikes isnt on his board...or Pioli saying there is only "north of a hundred" on his?

Just Passin' By
04-20-2010, 12:50 AM
which is dumber, Gunther saying Spikes isnt on his board...or Pioli saying there is only "north of a hundred" on his?

It's worked for New England. I'm sure the mileage will vary slightly, depending upon the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/11/broncos-patriots-draft-off-a-short-board/

Blick
04-20-2010, 01:43 AM
It's not that dumb of a move. Spikes ran like a 5.03 in the 40. I can break 5 seconds in the 40.

CoMoChief
04-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Dorsey, DJ,a 7th rounder in 2012 and a whole case of those bad-ass yellow tinted glasses for the 2nd overall and Stafford.It even ends the Clausen drama and allows us to get both Berry and.....dare I say it.....Okung! Gun is certainly a character.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

warpaint*
04-20-2010, 02:05 AM

rivals data isn't always reliable

BossChief
04-20-2010, 02:23 AM
It's worked for New England. I'm sure the mileage will vary slightly, depending upon the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/11/broncos-patriots-draft-off-a-short-board/

Im not saying its a bad philosophy to have, Im saying if that is your board, why tell everyone?

When you say you have a short board then take massive reaches throughout the draft, its doesn't speak well of you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-20-2010, 02:52 AM

New England might have the worst draft record of any NFL team the last 4 years.

booger
04-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Lions | Cunningham to call games from sideline
Comment (0)
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:13:01 -0400

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham will no longer call games from the press box like he did last season. Cunningham said, "I need to get closer to those players. I'm taking over the middle linebacker and the communication with him. I'm going to come to the sideline, call the game from there so I can be down with them."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lions | Follett may have greater role
Comment (0)
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 20:12:41 -0400

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions LB Zack Follett may have a greater role with the team after they traded LB Ernie Sims to the Philadelphia Eagles. Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham said, "I'm going to kill Zack Follett if he doesn't play. That's the bottom line. And I think we put pressure on him by doing that, by making this move. Zack's like a human dynamo, and he's learned, and he knows how much confidence I have in him."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0ldKlkOIK

InChiefsHell
04-20-2010, 05:13 AM
Didn't Gun do that sideline shit with the Chiefs one season and it did not go well?

Also, Tamba Hali was\is not the fastest dude either. Is Spikes a play maker?

TrickyNicky
04-20-2010, 06:00 AM
Didn't Gun do that sideline shit with the Chiefs one season and it did not go well?

Also, Tamba Hali was\is not the fastest dude either. Is Spikes a play maker?

It went very well...

http://www.themightymjd.com/uploaded_images/gunther-734925.jpg

BigMeatballDave
04-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Bad Guy isn't getting a care package...

Otter
04-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Say what you want about the results to this point but the Chiefs took a MAJOR step forward in overall philosophy when they brought in Pioli and Haley. A mere two years ago the best we could have hoped for is Bill Parcells. If they could have they would have dug up Vince Lombardi's corpse and had it call plays on the sideline as opposed to taking a shot and a young up and comer. Bringing back Gunther was a prime example of that 8-8 mind set.

That right there is the philosophy of a loser. If nothing else they took a major step forward in that aspect.

Now, some stupid **** argue with me that Parcells would have been better because you totally missed the point.

Chiefnj2
04-20-2010, 07:22 AM

Teams that want Spikes to slide a little so they can draft him.

tyton75
04-20-2010, 08:02 AM
dude can produce on the field.. would have nothing wrong with us taking him in the 3rd or lower

Rausch
04-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Now, some stupid **** argue with me that Parcells would have been better because you totally missed the point.

Is the point we shouldn't try to replicate some long gone glory by hiring another team's old castoffs?

'Cause that's exactly what we've done.

Well, only we did so under a N00B HC and without trading for teh aged vet QB...

Just Passin' By
04-20-2010, 11:03 AM
New England might have the worst draft record of any NFL team the last 4 years.

And once again, you demonstrate your lack of knowledge.

notorious
04-20-2010, 11:04 AM
And once again, you demonstrate your lack of knowledge.

Before he verbally rapes you, may I ask what was good about the Pat's drafts?

DaWolf
04-20-2010, 11:53 AM
I think that 2006 Patriots draft is the one that really stands out. Here's a decent read on it:

What could have been: The Patriots' 2006 draft (http://oneifbylandsports.blogspot.com/2009/01/what-could-have-been-patriots-2006.html)
EDIT, May 23: This post has been linked on some message boards, so it's worth revisiting and pointing out that the idea was never to say, "How could the Patriots not draft Greg Jennings and Leon Washington and Elvis Dumervil and Marques Colston? What morons!" The idea was to point out that if the Patriots hit on just one or two more of their picks in the 2006 draft, they could have radically changed the complexion of their franchise -- particularly on the defensive side of the ball. The examples of Jennings and Washington and everyone else is just a means of pointing out that there was talent out there. Yes, every team missed some of that talent -- and more than once -- but it was there.

So far, Gostkowski is the only Patriots pick out of this draft that has panned out in any kind of significant way. (If you want to count Thomas, go ahead, but you're setting the bar awfully low.) That was the point. You can't repeatedly whiff the way the Patriots repeatedly whiffed in 2006. You can't take a year off when it comes to the draft. When you do that, you end up placing your hopes and dreams in the hands of Deltha O'Neal.

Bill Belichick's Patriots come off as a great drafting team. In part, it's because they're so eager to trade picks -- sometimes to stockpile for future years, and sometimes to move up three spots to get just the guy he wants. In part, it's because they drafted Tom Brady in the sixth round. In part, it's because so many of their first-round picks -- Jerod Mayo, Brandon Meriweather, Logan Mankins, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Daniel Graham, Richard Seymour -- have turned into solid NFL players, if not Pro Bowl-caliber players. If you avoid big-time busts in the first round, after all, you normally do OK as a franchise. No one hits a home run with every fourth-round pick he makes.

But a closer look at the last few years reveals that the Patriots have not, in fact, had much success in the draft. In fact, one of the reasons the team found itself so shorthanded last season was because so few of its draftees have panned out. Last season's draft appears to have included a few hits -- Jerod Mayo is a rising star, of course, but Terrence Wheatley and Jonathan Wilhite appear to be keepers in the secondary, too. The team still has high hopes for wide receiver/kick returner Matthew Slater even though he let a kickoff bounce off his face this season.

The year before that, the Patriots drafted defensive back Brandon Meriweather in the first round but got almost nothing out of the next six rounds. That's thanks in part to trades for Wes Welker and Randy Moss, trades that almost delivered a 19-0 season. But it's also thanks in part to drafting players like defensive linemen Kareem Brown (inactive for 11 games and released) and offensive tackle Clint Oldenburg (placed on the practice squad and released two weeks later) in the fourth and fifth rounds and just one player (Mike Richardson) in six tries in the sixth and seventh rounds who even remains on the roster.

Three years ago, though, they had a real shot to add some quality depth to an already talented team -- and all they got out of it was a backup tight end (David Thomas) and a kicker (Stephen Gostkowski). Here's what could have been:

Round 1, No. 21 overall: Laurence Maroney, running back. In part thanks to injuries, Maroney appears to be a bust. He rushed for 745 yards as a rookie and 835 yards in his second season, but injuries ruined his third season and appear to have landed him permanently in Belichick's doghouse.

What could have been: DeAngelo Williams (Carolina) came off the board at No. 27; Joseph Addai (Indianapolis) came off the board at No. 30. Williams rushed for 1,515 yards and 18 touchdowns last season; Addai rushed for 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons -- and even made the Pro Bowl last season -- before injuries caught up with him this season.

Round 2, No. 52 overall: Chad Jackson, wide receiver. The Patriots actually traded a third-round pick and a second-round pick to Green Bay to go get Jackson, who turned out to be an even worse bust than Maroney. The Patriots cut him after two lackluster seasons; he appeared in two games and caught one pass for the Denver Broncos this season.

What could have been: Had they still gone through with the trade, the best fit might have been defensive back Cedric Griffin, has three interceptions and eight forced fumbles since going No. 48 overall to the Minnesota Vikings. Griffin would have been a nice fit for a team that would see Artrell Hawkins and Chad Scott make 12 and nine starts, respectively, in its defensive backfield. And had they stayed put at No. 52, they could have taken the player the Packers picked in that spot -- wide receiver Greg Jennings, who caught 80 passes for 1,292 yards and nine touchdowns last season.

Round 3, No. 75 overall: Traded to Green Bay in the aforementioned deal for Jackson.

What could have been: The Packers drafted offensive lineman Jason Spitz, who can play center or either guard position (though not at an especially high level). The Patriots, however, might have been more interested in linebacker Clint Ingram, who went at No. 80 overall to Jacksonville and finished last season with 38 tackles, including two sacks.

Round 3, No. 86 overall: David Thomas, tight end. Thomas certainly has been a useful player, both as a run-blocker and a pass-catcher. His most memorable moment of last season, unfortunately, might have been a late-hit penalty that cost the Patriots a chance at a critical field goal at Indianapolis.

What could have been: Linebacker Freddie Keiaho went No. 94 overall to the Colts; he had 78 tackles and a fumble recovery last season. It's tough to gripe too much about the selection of Thomas, though, given how much money it would have taken to retain Daniel Graham.

Round 4, No. 106 overall: Garrett Mills, fullback. Mills spent most of his rookie season on injured reserve and was released just before his second season began.

What could have been: Defensive back and kick returner Will Blackmon went 115th overall to the Green Bay Packers. Blackmon, a Boston College product, had two punt-return touchdowns last season as well as two forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries on defense. Linebacker Stephen Tulloch, who had 60 tackles and two fumble recoveries this season, went 116th overall to the Tennessee Titans. And multipurpose weapon Leon Washington, a first-team All-Pro this season after amassing 2,337 total yards, went 117th overall to the Jets.

Round 4, No. 118 overall: Stephen Gostkowski, kicker. Gostkowski set a team record for field goals in a season and earned his first Pro Bowl nod this year. On the other hand, some would argue that kickers are a dime a dozen and normally can be found in the last two rounds of the draft or on the unemployment line.

What could have been: Wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who went 119th overall to the Denver Broncos, has at least 1,200 receiving yards in each of the last two seasons. And if you believe the Patriots have plenty of weapons on defense, defensive end Elvis Dumervil (126th overall) had 12 1/2 sacks for the Broncos in 2007 and defensive end Ray Edwards (127th overall) has five sacks in each of the last two seasons for the Vikings.

Round 5, No. 136 overall: Ryan O'Callaghan, offensive tackle. O'Callaghan spent the entire season on injured reserve; he appeared in 15 games in 2007 and 11 games in 2006.

What could have been: Baltimore safety Dawan Landry (146th overall) also missed most of last season thanks to injury, but he had five interceptions and three sacks as a rookie in 2006.

Round 6, Nos. 191, 205 and 206 overall: Jeremy Mincey, linebacker; Dan Stevenson, guard; Le Kevin Smith, defensive lineman. Smith was a useful backup on the defensive line last season, but Mincey and Stevenson both were released before their rookie seasons even began.

What could have been: Any one of those picks could have been Colts defensive back Antoine Bethea (207th overall), who went to the Pro Bowl a year ago after intercepting four passes and breaking up eight more. Tennessee defensive back Cortland Finnegan (215th overall) will make his first trip to the Pro Bowl this season thanks to his five interceptions and 17 pass break-ups.

Round 7, No. 229 overall: Willie Andrews, defensive back. Andrews was released in July after two seasons in which he had 24 tackles, mostly on special teams.

What could have been: Two seasons' worth of adequate special-teams play is about all you can really expect from a seventh-round pick. Then again, wide receiver Marques Colston lasted until the Saints called his name at No. 252 overall -- and he had back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons to begin his career.

Claynus
01-07-2012, 08:33 PM
LMAO

RINGLEADER
01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Gunther is a loser. He gets all this pub about being a great defensive mind yet his team just gave up almost 1200 yards the last two weeks. Guy has been coaching in the NFL for 30 years and he's been involved in 3 playoff wins.

Deberg_1990
01-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Gunther coached some of the worst Chiefs D's ive ever seen during the Vermeil and Herm eras....just horrendous. Dude is a 1st class loser.

lcarus
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Gunther is part of the "yell and scream and act like it's the players fault your defense is absolute doggy shit and maintain a reputation of being a great motivator and hardnose coach for years and years" corporation. Also Rex and Rob Ryan. Cussing a lot makes you a coveted hire I guess.

chiefzilla1501
01-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Wonder who he blames this season on.

lcarus
01-07-2012, 09:44 PM

"Suh was too much of a distraction. He was undisciplined off the field and that carried onto the field."

Okie_Apparition
01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Mayhew buys the groceries
Gunn nukes them

DaWolf
01-07-2012, 10:02 PM

That would have to be Carl Peterson, who actually hired Gunther twice...

RINGLEADER
01-07-2012, 10:30 PM

Who knows, but they had a lot of talent and did zip with it.

Guru
01-07-2012, 10:31 PM
That would have to be Carl Peterson, who actually hired Gunther twice...

three times

Smed1065
01-07-2012, 11:37 PM
We still fans, no?

But makes me feel worse for football.

KCChiefsFan88
01-07-2012, 11:59 PM
DT and Neil Smith made Goonther's career.

RINGLEADER
01-08-2012, 08:46 AM
DT and Neil Smith made Goonther's career.

Pretty much. Though I'd argue that we also had a pretty strong secondary most of those years as well.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-08-2012, 08:47 AM
Well, the Lions D sure got a big reacharound before the season started.

So long Gun...

BoneKrusher
01-08-2012, 08:51 AM

No
Pioli traded a 2nd round pick for Matt Cassel didnt he?

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-08-2012, 08:53 AM

No
Pioli traded a 2nd round pick for Matt Cassel didnt he?

Didn't Seattle give up 2-2nds for Whitehurst?

BoneKrusher
01-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Didn't Seattle give up 2-2nds for Whitehurst?

i cant argue
thats twice as dumb.LMAO

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-08-2012, 08:56 AM
i cant argue
thats twice as dumb.LMAO

Looking it up. They actually moved down 20 spots in the 2nd (went from picking 40 to 60) and gave up a 3rd, so I guess not quite twice, but still pretty dumb.

RINGLEADER
The Lions held teams under 10 points only once all year. We all know who that was. :facepalm:

Half the games they played resulted in more than 20 points being given up -- and 30 or more five times.

BoneKrusher
Looking it up. They actually moved down 20 spots in the 2nd (went from picking 40 to 60) and gave up a 3rd, so I guess not quite twice, but still pretty dumb.

:thumb:

Coogs
01-08-2012, 08:09 PM

Looks like maybe he is going to start with the HC. This is from a forum at the Detroit Free Press, but the post sounds pretty damn familiar none the less...

The "wide nine" is Schwartz defense. Gunther agreed to coach it but he did say he didn't particularly like it. Schwartz invented this defense, Gunther wants to blitz on every down. But you guys don't know this because the local media doesn't teach you farts anything.

Deberg_1990
01-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Yea, read,some of the local Detroit media this morning. Amazingly nobody seemed to blame Gunther. How many passes does this guy get? His D 's have been consistently bad every year since 2004.

Okie_Apparition
01-08-2012, 08:18 PM
The media don't question Gunn
They don't question Thomlin
ESPN is Hollywood tonight or what ever that shit is called

Agent V
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Looks like maybe he is going to start with the HC. This is from a forum at the Detroit Free Press, but the post sounds pretty damn familiar none the less...

Wasn't Schwartz the one who wanted to bring Gunther in? I don't remember. But if that's the case, why the fuck do you hire someone who hates running your defense and is also an incompetent cunt?

Deberg_1990
01-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Wasn't Schwartz the one who wanted to bring Gunther in? I don't remember. But if that's the case, why the **** do you hire someone who hates running your defense and is also an incompetent ****?

Who knows? schwarz knew Gun from their Titan days together. Whatever the case, why do people keep hiring Gum? Like I stated earlier, his D's have been bad for 8 years straight now.

tk13
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
This has been going on for a decade now. He threw Vermeil under the bus when he left... then said how having a defensive coach like Herm would make a difference, and that he's run the Cover 2 for years. Then when they all got fired he said he never liked running Herm's Cover 2.

-King-
01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Lions sign all three coordinators to contract extensions
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 12, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Matthew Stafford, Jim Schwartz AP

The Detroit Lions have some stability on their coaching staff.

Lions General Manager Martin Mayhew confirmed today that the team signed all three of its coordinators to new contracts. Those signings took place during the regular season but were not previously disclosed.

The re-signing of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is good news for Detroit, where one of the best offensive attacks in the league is coming into place. Linehan was hired in 2009, a couple months before the Lions selected Matthew Stafford with the first overall pick in the NFL draft, and Stafford has steadily grown in Linehan’s offense. It makes sense to keep the offense going in the same direction.

Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham seemed to have his unit going in the right direction early in the season, but as the year wore on the Lions’ defense began to struggle, and in Week 17 of the regular season against the Packers and their loss to the Saints in the playoffs, the Lions’ defense simply couldn’t get off the field. The decision to re-sign Cunningham doesn’t look as great now as it did at the time it was made.

And special teams coordinator Danny Crossman’s units also struggled, giving up a lot more big plays on punts and kickoffs than they made in the return game. But Crossman has been given a new contract, too.

The bottom line is that this is the first coaching staff since 1999 to lead the Lions to the playoffs, and the Lions want to keep that staff in place. Mayhew said the team is working on new deals for head coach Jim Schwartz and all the other assistants as well, and Detroit would like to have the same coaching staff in 2012 that it had in 2011.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 03:35 PM
Lions sign all three coordinators to contract extensions
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 12, 2012, 1:20 PM EST
Matthew Stafford, Jim Schwartz AP

The Detroit Lions have some stability on their coaching staff.

Lions General Manager Martin Mayhew confirmed today that the team signed all three of its coordinators to new contracts. Those signings took place during the regular season but were not previously disclosed.

The re-signing of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is good news for Detroit, where one of the best offensive attacks in the league is coming into place. Linehan was hired in 2009, a couple months before the Lions selected Matthew Stafford with the first overall pick in the NFL draft, and Stafford has steadily grown in Linehanís offense. It makes sense to keep the offense going in the same direction.

Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham seemed to have his unit going in the right direction early in the season, but as the year wore on the Lionsí defense began to struggle, and in Week 17 of the regular season against the Packers and their loss to the Saints in the playoffs, the Lionsí defense simply couldnít get off the field. The decision to re-sign Cunningham doesnít look as great now as it did at the time it was made.

And special teams coordinator Danny Crossmanís units also struggled, giving up a lot more big plays on punts and kickoffs than they made in the return game. But Crossman has been given a new contract, too.

The bottom line is that this is the first coaching staff since 1999 to lead the Lions to the playoffs, and the Lions want to keep that staff in place. Mayhew said the team is working on new deals for head coach Jim Schwartz and all the other assistants as well, and Detroit would like to have the same coaching staff in 2012 that it had in 2011.

LMAO

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Gunther Cunningham will remain on Lions staff
Posted by Josh Alper on February 12, 2014, 4:05 PM EST

Gunther Cunningham wonít be the defensive coordinator in Detroit next season, but he will still be assisting the team.

Cunningham is listed as a senior coaching assistant on the teamís website, which means that heíll be back with the team for a sixth season to work with his replacement Teryl Austin.

The Lions have not gone into any detail about what Cunninghamís role will entail, but Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press reports that he will assist in personnel decisions as well as any coaching responsibilities. Per Birkett, Cunningham is ďvery thorough in draft/free agent analysis and very in tune with the numbers of the game.Ē

Itís not the first time that Cunningham has returned to a team in a different role after being let go. He was the head coach in Kansas City in 1999 and 2000 before being replaced by Dick Vermeil, but wound up working for Vermeil as defensive coordinator in 2004 and remaining with the Chiefs for four seasons beyond that.

Bowser
02-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Well, enjoy underachieving on defense yet again, Detroit.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2014, 03:12 PM
There is no level of ineptitude that can get you kicked out of the good old boys club.

alpha_omega
02-12-2014, 03:19 PM
What...isn't Cleveland hiring?

tk13
02-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Personnel decisions?

"Alright players, time for the handshake/sleeves/beard text."

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Pathetic

Deberg_1990
02-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Gun just needs to get "his guys" in there.

Simply Red
02-12-2014, 05:35 PM
great head coach here that one year.

Bowser
02-12-2014, 05:36 PM

LMAO

Deberg_1990
02-12-2014, 05:36 PM

4-0 against Denver

Sorter
02-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham said, "I'm going to kill Zack Follett if he doesn't play. That's the bottom line. And I think we put pressure on him by doing that, by making this move. Zack's like a human dynamo, and he's learned, and he knows how much confidence I have in him."

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0ldKlkOIK

Eeek!

Phobia
02-12-2014, 06:23 PM
To be fair, Spikes was neither sleeveless nor with beard so one can understand why Gunther wasn't really impressed.

booger
02-12-2014, 08:14 PM
he couldn't get a DC gig and Schwartz didn't want to bring him with to the Bills. Pretty telling as he throws every HC he works for under the bus. Martin Mayhew is a dumbass to keep him aboard and let him stink up the personnel staff

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2014, 09:11 PM
he couldn't get a DC gig and Schwartz didn't want to bring him with to the Bills. Pretty telling as he throws every HC he works for under the bus. Martin Mayhew is a dumbass to keep him aboard and let him stink up the personnel staff

Having Gunther Cunningham coach your linebackers is like having Picasso give you a chili dog.

booger
02-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Having Gunther Cunningham coach your linebackers is like having Picasso give you a chili dog.

pretty much :D

Rudy lost the toss
02-12-2014, 09:30 PM
That defense was way better than the Chiefs. And they had to deal with about as many turnovers as anybody

htismaqe
02-13-2014, 08:07 AM
That defense was way better than the Chiefs. And they had to deal with about as many turnovers as anybody

That's the glory of Gunther. One year, you're the best in the league, next year you're the worst.

He's a fucking stooge.

Rudy lost the toss
02-13-2014, 08:27 AM
That's the glory of Gunther. One year, you're the best in the league, next year you're the worst.

He's a fucking stooge.

True

whoman69
02-13-2014, 08:50 AM
I miss the yellow glasses