PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft More good berry news

DumbHillbillies
04-20-2010, 07:53 AM
McShay was just on Mike and Mike, he said that he's heard that bulaga is not thought of being worthy of the pick. Also, if okung is off the board when we pick that berry would most likely be the pick. He also said that pioli is very tight lip and doesn't give up anything so I don't know the reliablility of his intel. I'm just happy that things are pointing away from bulaga and towards berry(this and other info coming out the last few days).

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 07:54 AM
So that means if Okung is there we pick him? Man I hope the Redskins don't fuck this up.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-20-2010, 07:55 AM
FWIW...McShay is about as insightful as a fortune cookie from the $1 Store.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 07:58 AM
As I said yesterday, it's between Okung and Berry.

MMXcalibur
04-20-2010, 08:02 AM
I wish I could get on TV and throw out a bunch of random bullshit that would be considered "news".

No offense since I know you're just forwarding along what you heard, but these "expert" mock drafts changing doesn't constitute as news, either good or bad for me.

DumbHillbillies
04-20-2010, 08:02 AM
So that means if Okung is there we pick him? Man I hope the Redskins don't **** this up.

Yep, that's what I took from it and my exact sentiments towards the redskins.

Sofa King
04-20-2010, 08:07 AM
So that means if Okung is there we pick him? Man I hope the Redskins don't **** this up.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1535790/2/istockphoto_1535790_i_agree.jpg

Otter
04-20-2010, 08:09 AM
As I said yesterday, it's between Okung and Berry.

You've probably stated this elsewhere but what's your thoughts on them picking Okung?

I know it's not a sexy move but if it shores up OT (not exactly an easy position to fill) with elite talent for 4 or 5 years I don't see the problem.

Would I rather have a sexy pick like Berry for a change? Yes. Would I be mad if Okung was the pick? No, not if he's as good as adverstised. Do I like asking myself questions and then answering them? Yes, yes I do.

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Fuck me running

On Sunday, it appeared that the first five picks in the 2010 draft could unfold in several different ways.

Now, with the draft little more than two days away, it's getting clearer.

Here are the first four names we think we'll hear on Thursday night: (1) Sam Bradford; (2) Ndamukong Suh; (3) Gerald McCoy; (4) Trent Williams.

At No. 5, it's unclear what will happen. The Chiefs, who have a left tackle in Branden Albert, could take Russell Okung and move one of them to the right side. Or they could take safety Eric Berry, at whom we're told they're taking a "hard look." (Some think that the Chiefs wouldn't use a top-five pick on a safety, no matter how good he may be.)

The other option is to dangle the pick to a team that may want to jump up and draft Okung or someone else.

BigMeatballDave
04-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Shit. Washington better come thru and take Okung. Its the difference between pissed and elation...

notorious
04-20-2010, 08:12 AM
**** me running

Mother fucker.

Okung will not die.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 08:15 AM
Mother ****er.

Okung will not die.

But he said that there is more brewing about Berry than people are letting on, in KC...

notorious
04-20-2010, 08:16 AM
But he said that there is more brewing about Berry than people are letting on, in KC...

Thanks Reerun!

:)

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Thanks Reerun!

:)

So who knows? Hell the Chiefs are just as likely to draft a RG out of Ft Hays St as they are Eric Berry....

Will be nice when this is over and we can look forward to the season.

DumbHillbillies
04-20-2010, 08:20 AM
**** me running

4. Williams

:cuss: The rat is going to find a way to screw the chiefs fans again. God he hates us.

BigRedChief
04-20-2010, 08:23 AM
McShay was just on Mike and Mike, he said that he's heard that bulaga is not thought of being worthy of the pick. Also, if okung is off the board when we pick that berry would most likely be the pick. He also said that pioli is very tight lip and doesn't give up anything so I don't know the reliablility of his intel. I'm just happy that things are pointing away from bulaga and towards berry(this and other info coming out the last few days).
Bulaga will not be picked at #5 by the Chiefs. Nada chance in hell. Now, I'm hearing more and more rumors of Williams....

BigMeatballDave
04-20-2010, 08:23 AM
(Some think that the Chiefs are retarded, and wouldn't use a top-five pick on a safety, no matter how good he may be.):)

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 08:28 AM
You've probably stated this elsewhere but what's your thoughts on them picking Okung?

I know it's not a sexy move but if it shores up OT (not exactly an easy position to fill) with elite talent for 4 or 5 years I don't see the problem.

Would I rather have a sexy pick like Berry for a change? Yes. Would I be mad if Okung was the pick? No, not if he's as good as adverstised. Do I like asking myself questions and then answering them? Yes, yes I do.

Yes, I would be mad if it was Okung. Basically taking Okung leaves Brendan Albert without a position. He's not a RT. Waters isn't going anywhere right now.

Albert has had 2 different offensive schemes in 2 years. Give the guy time to settle into the position and really grow before you sell him up the river.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Bulaga will not be picked at #5 by the Chiefs. Nada chance in hell. Now, I'm hearing more and more rumors of Williams....

What Williams?

The Chiefs haven't met at all with Trent or Dan.

KC kid
04-20-2010, 08:33 AM

Trent I hope.

BigRedChief
04-20-2010, 08:35 AM
What Williams?

The Chiefs haven't met at all with Trent or Dan.Okie Williams. Probably a smoke screen to get someone to trade up that are enamoured with him. Don't put a lot of faith in these rumors.

DumbHillbillies
04-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Trent I hope.

McShay also said trent isn't a pioli guy, work ethic issues

KC kid
04-20-2010, 08:36 AM
I personally think Trent Williams is the second best OT in the draft and is the best athlete.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 08:37 AM
McShay also said trent isn't a pioli guy, work ethic issues

From what I heard, he's not even an option.

When a guy has those concerns, 99 times out of 100, he's going to come in for a pre-draft visit so they could see about him, talk to him, get a sense for him. The Chiefs never did that with Trent.

BigRedChief
04-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I personally think Trent Williams is the second best OT in the draft and is the best athlete.Yeah I got two rumors sent to me yesterday with basically the same info....

We trade down and pick up both Williams for RT and Thomas at S in the first round.

But I don't believe it personally. Just letting ya know of rumors I heard. Don't be shooting the messenger.

DumbHillbillies
04-20-2010, 08:39 AM

D. Willams, I hope. Wait a minute, I don't hope that but T. Williams ?

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 08:41 AM
So who knows? Hell the Chiefs are just as likely to draft a RG out of Ft Hays St as they are Eric Berry....

You and I both know that after the draft, we will all be looking back at the draft, not forward to the season.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Sal Pal from ESPN has a report out that the Eagles best chance is trading in the draft to get Berry is with the Chiefs for the 24 and 37.

I'm just amazed at all of the stupidity on Arrowhead Pride's site. Honestly, they are jumping in the streets at this possibility.

Why in god's name would you take that compensation? That is way, way undervalue.

One rational was that we were going to take the 20 and the 32 last year for the 3, so this is in line with that.

Um, ok. Good rational.

This fanbase needs an enema in the worst way.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 08:48 AM

my thoughts exactly

DumbHillbillies
04-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Sal Pal from ESPN has a report out that the Eagles best chance is trading in the draft to get Berry is with the Chiefs for the 24 and 37.

I'm just amazed at all of the stupidity on Arrowhead Pride's site. Honestly, they are jumping in the streets at this possibility.

Why in god's name would you take that compensation? That is way, way undervalue.

One rational was that we were going to take the 20 and the 32 last year for the 3, so this is in line with that.

Um, ok. Good rational.

Good thing pioli isn't as dumb as those fckers. Didn't happen last year and will not happen this year at least not for that compensation.

talastan
04-20-2010, 08:55 AM

Um, ok. Good rational.

If this comes up the FO better rape the Eagles for multiple picks. AT LEAST BOTH FIRSTS AND A SECOND! Otherwise we are getting screwed IMO.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 08:57 AM

Um, ok. Good rational.

I think the Chiefs need not worry as much about getting 'value' per the draft charts. That said, I think that they need an additional pick with this scenario. I would be okay with another second, but I would love to have the Eagles #1 pick next year.

Supposedly, the 9ers are looking at trading up. I would love to see them trade with the 9ers for the 13th pick, and an additional second. Heck, if we could get both firsts, that would be great in my mind.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Okung,Berry,Clausen all on the board at #5 ...... i smell trade down.

rambleonthruthefog
04-20-2010, 09:29 AM
were taking trent williams, quit worrying about it.

DJ's left nut
04-20-2010, 09:30 AM
McShay saying we'll pick Berry actually upsets me.

That guy is a dick sock.

The Franchise
04-20-2010, 09:31 AM
FML

I'm done. Just get Thursday here and get it over with.

BigRedChief
04-20-2010, 09:39 AM
FML

I'm done. Just get Thursday here and get it over with.You should see my inbox, its flooded with rumors.

The Franchise
04-20-2010, 09:42 AM
You should see my inbox, its flooded with rumors.

I'm kind of glad that we weren't getting e-mails during this time. It's already bad enough watching the NFL Network and being on CP.

I'm ready to learn my fate. I'm either going to be happy, indifferent or pissed. At least let me find out which one I'm going to have to deal with.

boogblaster
04-20-2010, 09:44 AM
We need the OL help .. but we also need the D help to try to still play the fourth quarter ....

BigRedChief
04-20-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm kind of glad that we weren't getting e-mails during this time. It's already bad enough watching the NFL Network and being on CP. Theres just too much BS rumors out there. You don't need a salt shaker you need a frikkin salt mine.

RealSNR
04-20-2010, 10:03 AM
If I were Brandon Flowers and my team had a serious need to draft the best safety prospect in YEARS, who happens to be my BFF, and they had the ability to draft him, but chose instead to pass.... oh boy. Man, I would've asked for a trade off this desolate hell hole last year.

spanky 52
04-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I'm kind of glad that we weren't getting e-mails during this time. It's already bad enough watching the NFL Network and being on CP.

I'm ready to learn my fate. I'm either going to be happy, indifferent or pissed. At least let me find out which one I'm going to have to deal with.

If it's Berry, I'm happy.

If it's Clausen, I'm indifferent.

If it's a OL, I'm pissed.

58kcfan89
04-20-2010, 10:20 AM
If it's Berry, I'm happy.

If it's Clausen, I'm indifferent.

If it's a OL, I'm pissed.

This. If we end up trading down for good/great value, then it depends on who we pick & where we pick them. But as far as #5 goes, you took the words out of my mouth.

KCrockaholic
04-20-2010, 10:25 AM
If I were Brandon Flowers and my team had a serious need to draft the best safety prospect in YEARS, who happens to be my BFF, and they had the ability to draft him, but chose instead to pass.... oh boy. Man, I would've asked for a trade off this desolate hell hole last year.

I really hope Flowers is pushing Pioli to stay at 5 and take Berry.

King_Chief_Fan
04-20-2010, 10:28 AM

no no no.....the guy is falling people are bitching about Babb's prediction and McClain...don't confuse them with this.

KCDC
04-20-2010, 10:40 AM

Dan or Trent?

keg in kc
04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
McShay was just on Mike and Mike, he said that he's heard that bulaga is not thought of being worthy of the pick. Also, if okung is off the board when we pick that berry would most likely be the pick. He also said that pioli is very tight lip and doesn't give up anything so I don't know the reliablility of his intel. I'm just happy that things are pointing away from bulaga and towards berry(this and other info coming out the last few days).Short version: I'm going to throw some names out there. Pioli doesn't give anything away, so, really, anything I say is fiction. I'm like ESPN's Cormac McCarthy. Okay, maybe I'm ESPN's Dan Brown.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
not likely ... I'm sure the chiefs asked flowers about Berry but that will be the beginning and end of Flower's contribution on the matter.

Delano
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
More good berry news:

http://www.progressivegrocer.com/progressivegrocer/content_display/supermarket-industry-news/e3i9622dc15ab816117d673a6a5ae14a5b9

Delayed By Cold, Florida’s Strawberry Crop Is Ready and Super-sweet

March 18, 2010
For weeks, unusually cold winter temperatures put off Florida’s strawberry harvest, leaving grocery shelves empty. But finally, there’s good news: the strawberries are ripening, and they’re even sweeter than usual, according to the Florida Agriculture Department.

“Abnormally cool temperatures delayed maturation of the berries,” said Florida agriculture commissioner Charles H. Bronson. “Strawberries stayed on the plants longer, so they had more time to produce sugar. The result is the sweetest strawberries we’ve seen in a very long time.”

Shoppers can expect an abundance of extra-sweet Florida strawberries to be available now and in the upcoming weeks. The harvest will continue through early April, and should reach its peak in the middle of this month.

“Now is the time to celebrate the harvest and enjoy Florida strawberries at the height of season,” Bronson said. “Florida strawberries are in stores in abundance. Prices are great, and now is the time to enjoy these sweet, nutritious treats at their very best.”

During the 2008-2009 season, Florida produced over $300 million in strawberries between December and April, accounting for nearly 240 million pints of fresh berries. Hillsborough County in west central Florida is the hub of the state’s strawberry production. The county produces about 15 percent of the nation’s strawberries [m] about 18 million flats per year [m] with virtually all the berries grown during the winter.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Short version: I'm going to throw some names out there. Pioli doesn't give anything away, so, really, anything I say is fiction. I'm like ESPN's Cormac McCarthy. Okay, maybe I'm ESPN's Dan Brown.

And McShay stated that when the topic came up. He said that Camp Pioli doesnt leak.. Its locked down.

keg in kc
04-20-2010, 11:42 AM
And McShay stated that when the topic came up. He said that Camp Pioli doesnt leak.. Its locked down.That was my point. I was speaking as McShay.

DaWolf
04-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Not that I'm complaining, but it's fascinating to see just a few days before the draft all these bad reviews of Bulaga coming in from all these sources around the league...

MMXcalibur
04-20-2010, 12:11 PM

Flowers is just a lowly player. Why should he get the privilige of speaking to Pioli in person? :)

TRR
04-20-2010, 12:28 PM
I keep hearing how tight-lipped Pioli is, but at this time before last years draft, most experts were saying it was a done deal with Tyson Jackson.

I also think that's why Pioli was trying everything he could to trade down...he wanted Jackson badly, and knew he could move just about anywhere in the first round and have a chance of Jackson still being available.

Posted via Mobile Device

DaWolf
04-20-2010, 12:32 PM
I keep hearing how tight-lipped Pioli is, but at this time before last years draft, most experts were saying it was a done deal with Tyson Jackson.

I also think that's why Pioli was trying everything he could to trade down...he wanted Jackson badly, and knew he could move just about anywhere in the first round and have a chance of Jackson still being available.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well we'll find out more about it this year. If it becomes two years in a row that our pick was obvious before the draft, then obviously it's not as tight as it is made out to be. But if they are able to keep it inside this year, that could mean that one of the personnel people/scouts who was let go after the draft last year was probably responsible for the word on TJ getting out...

DumbHillbillies
04-20-2010, 12:52 PM
More good berry news:

http://www.progressivegrocer.com/progressivegrocer/content_display/supermarket-industry-news/e3i9622dc15ab816117d673a6a5ae14a5b9

Delayed By Cold, Florida’s Strawberry Crop Is Ready and Super-sweet

March 18, 2010
For weeks, unusually cold winter temperatures put off Florida’s strawberry harvest, leaving grocery shelves empty. But finally, there’s good news: the strawberries are ripening, and they’re even sweeter than usual, according to the Florida Agriculture Department.

“Abnormally cool temperatures delayed maturation of the berries,” said Florida agriculture commissioner Charles H. Bronson. “Strawberries stayed on the plants longer, so they had more time to produce sugar. The result is the sweetest strawberries we’ve seen in a very long time.”

Shoppers can expect an abundance of extra-sweet Florida strawberries to be available now and in the upcoming weeks. The harvest will continue through early April, and should reach its peak in the middle of this month.

“Now is the time to celebrate the harvest and enjoy Florida strawberries at the height of season,” Bronson said. “Florida strawberries are in stores in abundance. Prices are great, and now is the time to enjoy these sweet, nutritious treats at their very best.”

During the 2008-2009 season, Florida produced over $300 million in strawberries between December and April, accounting for nearly 240 million pints of fresh berries. Hillsborough County in west central Florida is the hub of the state’s strawberry production. The county produces about 15 percent of the nation’s strawberries [m] about 18 million flats per year [m] with virtually all the berries grown during the winter.

LMAO

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Well we'll find out more about it this year. If it becomes two years in a row that our pick was obvious before the draft, then obviously it's not as tight as it is made out to be. But if they are able to keep it inside this year, that could mean that one of the personnel people/scouts who was let go after the draft last year was probably responsible for the word on TJ getting out...
agreed, it will also be the 2nd year to see if he reaching a "solid" player instead of taking a more talented player that doesn't fit his designated need.

Last year he did the draft without any scouts ... basically

If they take McClain at #5 then we learn a lot ... if they take BPA even if it's someone unplanned for, then we know it's not a trend at least.

keg in kc
04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
agreed, it will also be the 2nd year to see if he reaching a "solid" player instead of taking a more talented player that doesn't fit his designated need.

Last year he did the draft without any scouts ... basically

If they take McClain at #5 then we learn a lot ... if they take BPA even if it's someone unplanned for, then we know it's not a trend at least.I think you're making a dangerous assumption there: we have no way of knowing whether or not their pick, whoever it is, is the BPA on their board when they take him. It's entirely possible that they had Jackson rated as their BPA last year, whether you or I or anybody online agrees with that ranking or not...

Just no way to know.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I think you're making a dangerous assumption there: we have no way of knowing whether or not their pick, whoever it is, is the BPA on their board when they take him. It's entirely possible that they had Jackson rated as their BPA last year, whether you or I or anybody online agrees with that ranking or not...

Just no way to know.
true ... but it will sure tell us that either they are not going BPA or their scouting sucks ass if these players don't do well.

so far Jackson hasn't looked like anything special. Not that it's time to give up on him or anything.

Alphaman
04-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah I got two rumors sent to me yesterday with basically the same info....

We trade down and pick up both Williams for RT and Thomas at S in the first round.

But I don't believe it personally. Just letting ya know of rumors I heard. Don't be shooting the messenger.

So that's a trade down with SF for 13 and 17?

Alphaman
04-20-2010, 01:10 PM

Um, ok. Good rational.

Agreed. I think it would take 24, 37 and 55 OR 24, 37, 70 and 87 to make that move .

keg in kc
04-20-2010, 01:11 PM
true ... but it will sure tell us that either they are not going BPA or their scouting sucks ass if these players don't do well.

so far Jackson hasn't looked like anything special. Not that it's time to give up on him or anything.This isn't any kind of defense for him, but I'm not sure he was drafted into a position where he could look like anything special. And by position, I don't mean "3-4 end" (although there's that, too). Being a rookie is tough enough. Being a rookie on a team in the middle of converting to a 3-4, with no nose, no linebackers, no consistent outside pass rush, essentially no team speed? Y'ouch. I think he was kind of destined to fail, right out the gates.

Hopefully things will get better as the roster fills out (hopefully the roster does fill out...). We haven't seen much from anybody on the defense so far. Hopefully it's a situation where it was talent dragging down a few potentially good players, rather than everybody sucking. Hard to tell at this point, either way.

Frankie
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM

Bulaga in a good trade down scenario suits me just fine.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Bulaga in a good trade down scenario suits me just fine.

I would imagine you are the only one it suits.

ChiefMojo
04-20-2010, 02:08 PM
If we trade down it better be a S, ILB, or at worst a NT.

Ming the Merciless
04-20-2010, 03:35 PM
I would imagine you are the only one it suits.

Really? Bulaga is the favorite to be drafted at #5 even without a trade down by many.....Are you putting your head in the sand? Im not saying that I want this to happen or even that I think it will happen for sure...but to say that he is the only one isn't really fair considering a lot of people think it will happen even without the trade down.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Really? Bulaga is the favorite to be drafted at #5 even without a trade down by many.....Are you putting your head in the sand? Im not saying that I want this to happen or even that I think it will happen for sure...but to say that he is the only one isn't really fair considering a lot of people think it will happen even without the trade down.

I don't think Bulaga will be successful in the NFL.

The Chiefs never worked him out. Never met with him on a private visit. Pioli hasn't even talked to Ferentez about him.

So yes, please keep connecting dots that aren't there.

I'm the one sticking their head in the sand?

Riiiight.