PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If the Chiefs don't draft a QB with the fifth pick...

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 11:30 AM
A year ago this poll (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=202766) rocked Chiefsplanet to it's foundations. Despite the fact that the Chiefs had not traded for Matt Cassel at the time, passing on a quarterback was seen as A-OK by a shocking number of people.

Not only did approximately one-fourth of the poll WANT the Chiefs to pass, a stunning 80+ percent was cool with them doing so, even if it wasn't their preference.

Only 14 brave souls ventured the opinion that Pioli would be dubbed a Cannoli-eating farce for passing up a quarterback, causing the infamous Pioli Zombie to mock them for their minority opinion.

Just 13 of 101 who answered the poll agree with the 13 biggest loudmouths on this board. Hmmmmmm. Guess we can pretty much figure who the genius 13 are. :)

This resulted in the creation of Hamas' "Gang of 14" Treatise (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203071), essentially a 2,000-word response outlining why Pioli Zombie is a dumbfuck.

A year later the Chiefs have a chance to draft another quarterback, and Matt Cassel has convinced absolutely no one he is the answer at the position. Considering those facts, how big will the pro-quarterback gang be this year, and will Pioli Zombie ridicule them again? Will Eric Berry's presence make a difference in the poll? Let's call each other nasty names, and don't forget to vote.

Hat tip to BigRock for posting the original poll.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Where is the "I dont care either way" option?

Chiefs=Good
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
also missing is the "i will be ok as long as berry is the pick" option...

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Where is the "I dont care either way" option?

If you don't care either way you should honestly stop being a Chiefs fan.

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
repost

CaliforniaChief
04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
I thought the Chiefs acquired Cassel before the draft. The controversy, propagated by Lombardi, was that they had extended his contract when they hadn't. He was still on a one year deal.

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 11:42 AM
I thought the Chiefs acquired Cassel before the draft.

They did, just not when the original poll was posted. Everyone was dreaming of Stafford and Sanchez both sitting there at #3, and one of them being the pick, with only Thigpen standing in their way.

Actually it was rather amusing that Cassel became a Chief just 8 days later.

CaliforniaChief
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
They did, just not when the original poll was posted. Everyone was dreaming of Stafford and Sanchez both sitting there at #3, and one of them being the pick, with only Thigpen standing in their way.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry 'bout that.

Sanka
04-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Clausen, Berry, or bust.

TrickyNicky
04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I will grudgingly accept. What can I say, I'm beaten when it comes to this team. No fight left.

keg in kc
04-20-2010, 11:48 AM
I only care about passing on a quarterback if I think one worth drafting will be there. And I didn't last year. I did not, and still do not, think Sanchez was worth a top-10 pick.

I'm similar this year. I'm okay with taking Clausen. I'm also okay with not taking Clausen, in no small part due to his college coach being in our draft room.

Would I like a franchise quarterback, in a perfect world? Yes. But I was not convinced Sanchez was one, based on what I'd seen at the time, and I don't have strong feelings either way on Clausen right now. Although I think I would be (much) more satisfied with the pick than I would have with Sanchez in the same spot.

It doesn't have anything to do with drafting a quarterback, in a general sense, it has to do with drafting these quarterbacks. Stafford and/or Ryan I'd have been all over had they been on the board. I just don't see Sanchez as the same caliber. Clausen may be, or may not be. Like I said, I'd be fine either way with him.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 11:48 AM
1. Clausen

2. Berry
3. Treasure of draft picks in return for trading out of the spot
4. GTFO

Kyle DeLexus
04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
I went with option 2 but only for Berry. Eric or James or this draft will be less valuable than it could have been.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Charlie Weis could have went to several different clubs. He chose to come to KC. So, he was either comfortable with Cassel, or he was assured they would make a change at QB. There is no way that he would have come to KC if he were not comfortable with the present QB situation, or assurances that they would draft or acquire a better QB.

So, if the Chiefs do not draft Clausen, and he is there, then it will be telling about the situation. If he really thinks Clausen is going to be a HOF QB, then there is no way they pass on him unless he thinks Cassel is much better than we think.

Now, if he drafts Clausen, that too will say a lot about him.

But, if there is anyone that should be able to grade Clausen effectively, it is Charlie Weis. So, if the Chiefs pass on him, how can anyone second guess that?

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
1. Clausen

2. Berry
3. Treasure of draft picks in return for trading out of the spot
4. GTFO

Great, now we are f'ed. We aren't getting Clausen, Berry, or trading down. We will proably end up with McClain....which I am happier about than Tyson Jackon last year.....but still.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 11:58 AM
If you don't care either way you should honestly stop being a Chiefs fan.

Not like my opnion or any others on this message board is going to sway them to pick Clausen...

So what does it matter? Sure I would love a QB, but Pioli, Hunt and Co doesnt give a rats ass what I want or anyone else on CP wants...

So I dont care either way....

Reaper16
04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Voting in this poll is difficult to me. Unlike in last year's draft the 2010 draft should see the Chiefs presented with the opportunity to still draft a truly elite talent (Eric Berry) if they decide to pass on a QB.

I am going to vote for the Gang of __ poll option but with the caveat that I can still be happy about the pick if they take Eric Berry.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Great, now we are f'ed. We aren't getting Clausen, Berry, or trading down. We will proably end up with McClain....which I am happier about than Tyson Jackon last year.....but still.

I agree that we're probably not drafting Clausen, but why shouldn't Berry be a realistic expectation?

Honestly, this should be the easiest first-round selection that this franchise has had in forever.

KCtotheSB
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't have a boner for getting Clausen, but I wouldn't mind them selecting him and finally having a franchise QB to build around. Personally though, my first pick is Berry.

So to answer your question, I suppose I'd be in the middle.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 12:07 PM
I agree that we're probably not drafting Clausen, but why shouldn't Berry be a realistic expectation?

Honestly, this should be the easiest first-round selection that this franchise has had in forever.

The only argument with Berry is that it is a 'deep' position. But, I cannot be more clear that as long as Suh is gone, Berry is my pick.

I know that Suh is an unpopular choice, but I think he will be a stud and I think he is a franchise player in the 3-4 OR 4-3.

I would be okay with a great OT, but I don't see one being there that is so great that I would take him.

I love McClain and I would love to see the Chiefs drop back and pick him up..... but, I just think that this will be another disappointing draft. I just see the Chiefs taking someone like McClain at #5.

Again, I really like the player. Same as I 'like' Tyson Jackson. But, not at #5.

bsp4444
04-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't think the Chiefs will be drafting this high again for a while. Easier schedule and help from ANY of their draft picks should result in a few more wins. If you want a QB, this is the year to try to get one. There are safeties to be had in the 2nd round, as well as the other positions of need. But take a chance on an elite playmaker at pick #5.

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 12:10 PM

They are never easy.

While everyone agrees that the role of the safety, particularly in light of the 2004 pass rule enforcements and the proliferation of the 3-4 defense, that the safety has become a more important position. However, you are still having to deal with the perceptions that the position itself is still secondary to many other positions on the defensive side of the ball in terms of positional value. As well, because of the physical nature of the position as it relates to the size of the player at that position, the position itself doesn't have a longevity to it that you might find from the line positions. In addition, production from that position is capped to a certain degree in terms of statistical involvement, regardless of the caliber of individual who is playing the position.

There are a lot of factors to be considered and many of those work against a team taking the safety position so high in a draft.

Yes, Eric Berry is a talented player with exceptional versatility. But he's working against the historical as it pertains to the draft, NFL FO's perceptions, etc. In terms of the draft, the Chiefs picking a player like Okung or Bulaga with the #5 pick is easy. Picking a guy like Berry is infinitely more difficult.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
They are never easy.

While everyone agrees that the role of the safety, particularly in light of the 2004 pass rule enforcements and the proliferation of the 3-4 defense, that the safety has become a more important position. However, you are still having to deal with the perceptions that the position itself is still secondary to many other positions on the defensive side of the ball in terms of positional value. As well, because of the physical nature of the position as it relates to the size of the player at that position, the position itself doesn't have a longevity to it that you might find from the line positions. In addition, production from that position is capped to a certain degree in terms of statistical involvement, regardless of the caliber of individual who is playing the position.

There are a lot of factors to be considered and many of those work against a team taking the safety position so high in a draft.

Yes, Eric Berry is a talented player with exceptional versatility. But he's working against the historical as it pertains to the draft, NFL FO's perceptions, etc. In terms of the draft, the Chiefs picking a player like Okung or Bulaga with the #5 pick is easy. Picking a guy like Berry is infinitely more difficult.

Mitch Holthus's dumb ass just made a comment I strongly agree with:

"A lot of teams make mistakes because they overthink things."

If the team (mistakenly) believes that Cassel can be the answer, the choice is Berry, and it's not even close.

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Mitch Holthus's dumb ass just made a comment I strongly agree with:

"A lot of teams make mistakes because they overthink things."

If the team (mistakenly) believes that Cassel can be the answer, the choice is Berry, and it's not even close.

Not really. Perhaps they believe that Cassel is the answer, but needs the tools around him to get him to that level, which then, at that point, makes drafting an offensive lineman a much easier, rational pick than a safety. Cassel being the answer only muddies the water for Eric Berry as a possible Chief.

Berry is swimming against the flow right now. If he was two inches taller and 15 pounds heavier, he's a much easier pick. Right now, he's kind of a question mark, and has several other guys with about the same measureables and stats and impact at the same position. Earl Thomas, Morgan Burnett, Nate Allen are all excellent prospects. Even later round guys like Major Wright, Robert Johnson, Donovan Warren (who could be a real steal in the mid-rounds if he drops like many suspect - he was a first rounder three months ago) are all terrific players who look like starting NFL free safeties.

The Chiefs taking Berry is a total gut check. It goes completely against Pioli's "I'm not a risk taker" concept. It goes completely against the historical draft tendencies. For the Chiefs to take Berry, it's a huge, enormous risk. It's going to take major balls for them to pull the trigger on him with the #5.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 12:34 PM
The Chiefs taking Berry is a total gut check. It goes completely against Pioli's "I'm not a risk taker" concept. It goes completely against the historical draft tendencies. For the Chiefs to take Berry, it's a huge, enormous risk. It's going to take major balls for them to pull the trigger on him with the #5.

Completely disagree.

Berry is, easily, the "safest" player on the board right now. Much, much "safer" than even Suh.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2010, 12:38 PM
The honeymoon is over. Matt Cassel is a sack of shit. It's time to get a franchise quarterback, or be prepared for another decade of futility.

*This message was approved by DeezNutz

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Completely disagree.

Berry is, easily, the "safest" player on the board right now. Much, much "safer" than even Suh.

I like Berry, second to ONLY Suh. I think Suh is the safest player in the draft, and has a good chance to make the biggest impact. And, has a chance to make that impact as a rookie.

I do like Berry. I like Berry or Suh at #5 and I like McClain if they can trade down. I think McClain is a 'safer' pick than Berry. But, I think Berry has a higher upside.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I like Berry, second to ONLY Suh. I think Suh is the safest player in the draft, and has a good chance to make the biggest impact. And, has a chance to make that impact as a rookie.

I do like Berry. I like Berry or Suh at #5 and I like McClain if they can trade down. I think McClain is a 'safer' pick than Berry. But, I think Berry has a higher upside.

I don't necessarily disagree with the bold. In the right system, I think Suh has the potential to be a TREMENDOUS player.

But I still maintain that Berry's floor is probably higher.

keg in kc
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Completely disagree.

Berry is, easily, the "safest" player on the board right now. Much, much "safer" than even Suh.Safety is never a "safe" pick, especially compared to a lineman, on either side of the ball. It's (in a way like quarterback) a position that's almost entirely dependent on the players around him. Which is why so many teams are satisfied with a 'guy' back there. Without an effective pass rush, without the ability to stop the run, a safety isn't a game changer, he's a safety valve, the guy you're paying 50 million dollars to chase guys down from behind 50 yards downfield.

Which is not in any way saying that I would not take Berry. What I'm saying is that he has absolutely no chance at being a star on his own, unlike somebody at a "safer" position, like Suh. It's just not a building-block position, and it's an enormous risk, regardless of who it is.

(Although all that said, I'd be thrilled if we drafted him. Or Clausen. Or McClain. They're going to have to do something really wacky to piss me off this year. Like draft an o-tackle. Which is of course what I expect them to do.)

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Charlie Weis could have went to several different clubs.

Proof?

Oh, that's right, more fucking BULLSHIT from SenselessChiefsfan.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Relatively speaking, DT is very risky.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Clausen, Berry, trade down and make the RIGHT picks or get the FUCK out.

If the Chiefs pass on Clausen and Weis is later quoted as this being a mistake, Pioli will never win in KC.

tooge
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
It's "a" linebacker, not "an" linebacker

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 01:02 PM

I wanted to preserve the spirit of the original poll. :harumph:

keg in kc
04-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Clausen, Berry, trade down and make the RIGHT picks or get the **** out.

If the Chiefs pass on Clausen and Weis is later quoted as this being a mistake, Pioli will never win in KC.I'd be really surprised if that happened. Not skipping the pick and Weis thinking it a mistake. That's certainly possible. But skipping the pick and Weis saying it's a mistake, to anybody? Internal disagreement being made public...

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Clausen, Berry, trade down and make the RIGHT picks or get the **** out.

If the Chiefs pass on Clausen and Weis is later quoted as this being a mistake, Pioli will never win in KC.

Yeah, big IF. Do you think that Weis comes here if he doesn't feel comfortable with Cassel or get assurances that he will get a different QB?

This isn't Mike Solari here, he could have found another job.

Deberg_1990
04-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Clausen

I dont think Pioli has the sack to make that pick.

My guess is, its either a lineman or Berry if he truly believes he can be special.

Probably between Okung and Berry whoever is available.

SenselessChiefsFan
Proof?

Oh, that's right, more ****ing BULLSHIT from SenselessChiefsfan.

I am sorry, I forgot that I use common sense, and you don't have any. Sorry you can't follow along.

DaneMcCloud
Yeah, big IF. Do you think that Weis comes here if he doesn't feel comfortable with Cassel or get assurances that he will get a different QB?

This isn't Mike Solari here, he could have found another job.

Really? Where? Go ahead and tell us.

And are you the only motherfucker on the 'Planet to have NOT heard Weis' comments about Cassel?

:facepalm:

Coogs
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
I'd be really surprised if that happened. Not skipping the pick and Weis thinking it a mistake. That's certainly possible. But skipping the pick and Weis saying it's a mistake, to anybody? Internal disagreement being made public...

Keeping quiet, having Cassel stay what he is, and having Clausen turn into the next Elway probably isn't going to fly either.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
I dont think Pioli has the sack to make that pick.

Let me preface this by saying this has nothing to do with Clausen, specifically. If it's true that he lacks sack to make that type of pick:

Fire him. Now. Please.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:08 PM
I am sorry, I forgot that I use common sense, and you don't have any. Sorry you can't follow along.

Proof or shut the fuck up

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I'd be really surprised if that happened. Not skipping the pick and Weis thinking it a mistake. That's certainly possible. But skipping the pick and Weis saying it's a mistake, to anybody? Internal disagreement being made public...

I meant down the road, not in 2010

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Hmmm...interesting, I was a member of the Gang of 14 and never even knew it. Anyway, since you wanted some name calling, Pioli Zombie is a dumbass.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Hmmm...interesting, I was a member of the Gang of 14 and never even knew it. Anyway, since you wanted some name calling, Pioli Zombie is a dumbass.

He's a Rhodes Scholar compared to SenselessChiefsFan

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Really? Where? Go ahead and tell us.

And are you the only mother****er on the 'Planet to have NOT heard Weis' comments about Cassel?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4802526

The Bears for one, and he is a well respected coordinator, so it isn't like he wouldn't have had other opportunities.

Sorry that you were unaware of that.

Now, what specific comments are you talking about?

WildTurkey
04-20-2010, 01:15 PM

This

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Let me preface this by saying this has nothing to do with Clausen, specifically. If it's true that he lacks sack to make that type of pick:

Fire him. Now. Please.

Agree with this. I don't think it is the case, but if it is.... he needs to go.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Proof or shut the **** up

The bears, posted link already. But, even if there were no other teams interested at that time, it isn't like he would be sitting at home for long. There was no rush to get a new job.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4802526

The Bears for one, and he is a well respected coordinator, so it isn't like he wouldn't have had other opportunities.

Sorry that you were unaware of that.

Now, what specific comments are you talking about?

NOWHERE in that article did it mention ANY other possible destination. As a matter of fact, the Bears were SPECULATED - there was NEVER any proof of contact.

The bottom line is that you are FULL of fucking horseshit. Where do you think that Weis was going to go as an OC? Seattle? LMAO

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:21 PM
The bears, posted link already. But, even if there were no other teams interested at that time, it isn't like he would be sitting at home for long. There was no rush to get a new job.

Again, there is absolutely NO MENTION of the Bears in that link, Dumbass.

ONCE AGAIN, it was speculation by a reporter that since Notre Dame was close to Chicago and they needed an OC, Weis would be a logical interview.

NEVER HAPPENED.

Furthermore, you stated specifically that "several other teams" wanted him.

MORE FUCKING BULLSHIT.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:23 PM
NOWHERE in that article did it mention ANY other possible destination. As a matter of fact, the Bears were SPECULATED - there was NEVER any proof of contact.

The bottom line is that you are FULL of ****ing horseshit. Where do you think that Weis was going to go as an OC? Seattle? LMAO

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Charlie Weis has agreed to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs, according to team and league sources.

"Weis could be named to the position within the next 24 to 48 hours, the sources said.

"Until a deal is done, I really can't say anything," Weis said from his home near South Bend, Ind.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

"It's not to be disrespectful of you or the Chiefs. I just think it's really, really important for me, especially with the prospect of there being a relationship there, to make sure I handle this properly."

Weis will be reunited with head coach Todd Haley, with whom he shared an office when both were young assistants with the New York Jets. Weis also will be reunited with Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, who was Patriots vice president of player personnel when Weis was the offensive coordinator for three Super Bowl championships before going to coach at Notre Dame.

The Bears had also been in the mix to hire Weis as offensive coordinator but the Chiefs won out.

Haley ran the offense in his first year with the Chiefs after dismissing offensive coordinator Chan Gailey. Haley had expressed a desire to find a coordinator so he could better manage his head-coaching responsibilities.

Weis was dismissed last fall with a 35-27 record in five seasons at Notre Dame.

"Charlie's a guy I have a great amount of respect for as a coach," Haley said Wednesday at his final news conference of the season. "He's a coach that systemwise, I would say we're as close as you can be. Charlie's a guy I consider a friend and I've talked to throughout the year, no different from some of the other guys I lean on for things and advice."

Haley has begun a staff evaluation and said he has already released offensive line coach Joe D'Alessandris and defensive line coach Tim Krumrie. Defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast may also be replaced by former Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Haley has been noncommittal about Crennel and Pendergast.

"No conversations in that order to this point," he said.

The emergence of running back Jamaal Charles, voted the team's MVP, gives the offense something to build on next season.

"I really believe we were able to lay a foundation for the Kansas City Chiefs," Haley said. "We were able to set expectations for our players of what's expected of them both schematically and offseason, in season and practice -- the way we're going to do things as a team on a consistent basis. I believe that foundation was laid.

"It was a very difficult year, a year we were able to make progress, as evidenced by the way the season wound down."

The Chiefs are expected to be busy in the offseason trying to fill gaping needs, including defensive back, wide receiver, linebacker, defensive line and tight end.

They pick fifth in April's draft. The could have picked third, but instead ended Haley's rookie year on a rousing high by beating Denver 44-24 in the season finale."

Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Charlie Weis has agreed to become the offensive coordinator of the Kansas City Chiefs, according to team and league sources.

"Weis could be named to the position within the next 24 to 48 hours, the sources said.

"Until a deal is done, I really can't say anything," Weis said from his home near South Bend, Ind.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

"It's not to be disrespectful of you or the Chiefs. I just think it's really, really important for me, especially with the prospect of there being a relationship there, to make sure I handle this properly."

Weis will be reunited with head coach Todd Haley, with whom he shared an office when both were young assistants with the New York Jets. Weis also will be reunited with Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli, who was Patriots vice president of player personnel when Weis was the offensive coordinator for three Super Bowl championships before going to coach at Notre Dame.

The Bears had also been in the mix to hire Weis as offensive coordinator but the Chiefs won out.

Haley ran the offense in his first year with the Chiefs after dismissing offensive coordinator Chan Gailey. Haley had expressed a desire to find a coordinator so he could better manage his head-coaching responsibilities.

Weis was dismissed last fall with a 35-27 record in five seasons at Notre Dame.

"Charlie's a guy I have a great amount of respect for as a coach," Haley said Wednesday at his final news conference of the season. "He's a coach that systemwise, I would say we're as close as you can be. Charlie's a guy I consider a friend and I've talked to throughout the year, no different from some of the other guys I lean on for things and advice."

Haley has begun a staff evaluation and said he has already released offensive line coach Joe D'Alessandris and defensive line coach Tim Krumrie. Defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast may also be replaced by former Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Haley has been noncommittal about Crennel and Pendergast.

"No conversations in that order to this point," he said.

The emergence of running back Jamaal Charles, voted the team's MVP, gives the offense something to build on next season.

"I really believe we were able to lay a foundation for the Kansas City Chiefs," Haley said. "We were able to set expectations for our players of what's expected of them both schematically and offseason, in season and practice -- the way we're going to do things as a team on a consistent basis. I believe that foundation was laid.

"It was a very difficult year, a year we were able to make progress, as evidenced by the way the season wound down."

The Chiefs are expected to be busy in the offseason trying to fill gaping needs, including defensive back, wide receiver, linebacker, defensive line and tight end.

They pick fifth in April's draft. The could have picked third, but instead ended Haley's rookie year on a rousing high by beating Denver 44-24 in the season finale."

Maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension.

The Bears WERE NOT in the "mix".

And furthermore, you specifically stated SEVERAL.

Where are all the other teams?

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Again, there is absolutely NO MENTION of the Bears in that link, Dumbass.

ONCE AGAIN, it was speculation by a reporter that since Notre Dame was close to Chicago and they needed an OC, Weis would be a logical interview.

NEVER HAPPENED.

Furthermore, you stated specifically that "several other teams" wanted him.

MORE ****ING BULLSHIT.

It said the Bears specifically wanted him dumbass. Now, as for my original statement. I thought there were more teams involved at the time than just the Bears and Chiefs. Now, that said, the Chiefs jumped on the opportunity quickly, and I think most objective fans would note that the Chiefs and Bears would not have been his only opportunities. And, most would realize that these guys don't just take jobs to take them. They want the situations to be conducive to success.

I realize that this takes more thought than you generally put into... well anything.... so I understand you failing to follow along with the argument.

By the way, what comments were you talking about with Weis.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:28 PM
The Bears WERE NOT in the "mix".

And furthermore, you specifically stated SEVERAL.

Where are all the other teams?

You specifically said the link didn't mention it. What statements by Weis were you referring too?

KCrockaholic
04-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Uh.. where is the BERRY option?

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:31 PM
This is just a link to a rumor, but at the time it was considered 'credible' as rumors go.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Charlie-Weis-ready-to-save-Cleveland-Browns-off?urn=nfl,207341

Another, less credible rumor:

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2009/12/buffalo_bills_charlie_weis.html

But yes, other teams were interested.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:32 PM
It said the Bears specifically wanted him dumbass.

BULLSHIT.

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

Actually what happened, Dumbass, is that Charlie Weis was interested in the Bears - they were not interested in him and no meetings EVER took place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Charlie-Weis-interested-in-taking-over-Chicago-B?urn=nfl,207102

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Charlie-Weis-As-Bears-Coordinator-No-Thanks-70196837.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4799863

chiefs1111
04-20-2010, 01:32 PM
If the Chiefs take Berry I wouldn't be all that upset about it. If the Chiefs pass on both Clausen and Berry and take an OT or McClain at 5,I will be pissed.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:34 PM
This is just a link to a rumor, but at the time it was considered 'credible' as rumors go.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Charlie-Weis-ready-to-save-Cleveland-Browns-off?urn=nfl,207341

Another, less credible rumor:

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2009/12/buffalo_bills_charlie_weis.html

But yes, other teams were interested.

Okay, first off: You need to realize the difference between a reporter or columnist "floating" an idea and FACTS.

The FACTS are that NO TEAM contacted Weis about becoming a member of their coaching staff OTHER than the Chiefs. Cleveland hired Holmgren - Weis was immediately out of the question. Carroll and Weis HATE each other.

The bottom line is that there was NOTHING beyond internet speculation that ANYONE was actually interested in Weis.

spanky 52
04-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Charlie Weis could have went to several different clubs. He chose to come to KC. So, he was either comfortable with Cassel, or he was assured they would make a change at QB. There is no way that he would have come to KC if he were not comfortable with the present QB situation, or assurances that they would draft or acquire a better QB.

So, if the Chiefs do not draft Clausen, and he is there, then it will be telling about the situation. If he really thinks Clausen is going to be a HOF QB, then there is no way they pass on him unless he thinks Cassel is much better than we think.

Now, if he drafts Clausen, that too will say a lot about him.

But, if there is anyone that should be able to grade Clausen effectively, it is Charlie Weis. So, if the Chiefs pass on him, how can anyone second guess that?

Absolutely. I'm not sold on Clausen but if they take him, that's okay for the reasons you've stated. If the Chief's pass on him, I could see him dropping farther than expected for the very same reasons. Hope this makes some sense.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
BULLSHIT.

BULL ****ING SHIT.

Actually what happened, Dumbass, is that Charlie Weis was interested in the Bears - they were not interested in him and no meetings EVER took place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Charlie-Weis-interested-in-taking-over-Chicago-B?urn=nfl,207102

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/Charlie-Weis-As-Bears-Coordinator-No-Thanks-70196837.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4799863

You are wrong... as usual. The link I posted didn't say that Weis wanted to go there, but that the Bears were in the mix, but the Chiefs won out. Not, that he was calling asking for a job.

I guess, now you just have to scramble to try to save face as much as possible. I understand.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Okay, first off: You need to realize the difference between a reporter or columnist "floating" an idea and FACTS.

The FACTS are that NO TEAM contacted Weis about becoming a member of their coaching staff OTHER than the Chiefs. Cleveland hired Holmgren - Weis was immediately out of the question. Carroll and Weis HATE each other.

The bottom line is that there was NOTHING beyond internet speculation that ANYONE was actually interested in Weis.

Other than the Bears, who were clearly interested, whether you can bring yourself to admit it or not.

Oh, and again, where are the Weis comments?

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:44 PM
You are wrong... as usual. The link I posted didn't say that Weis wanted to go there, but that the Bears were in the mix, but the Chiefs won out. Not, that he was calling asking for a job.

I guess, now you just have to scramble to try to save face as much as possible. I understand.

What? There were NOT in the mix. It was medial speculation.

And once again, NO ONE contacted him other than the Chiefs.

So PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP!

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Other than the Bears, who were clearly interested, whether you can bring yourself to admit it or not.

Oh, and again, where are the Weis comments?

Did you READ those stories, Dumbfuck? WEIS was interested in the Bears because it would mean that his kids would stay in the same schools.

THE BEARS NEVER CONTACTED WEIS.

And what "comments" are you referring to, Asswipe?

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Did you READ those stories, Dumb****? WEIS was interested in the Bears because it would mean that his kids would stay in the same schools.

THE BEARS NEVER CONTACTED WEIS.

And what "comments" are you referring to, Asswipe?

You said, that there were comments that Weis had about Cassel. What comments?

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 01:48 PM
You said, that there were comments that Weis had about Cassel. What comments?

Are you kidding? How many fucking times does this have to be repeated for dipshits like you that can't keep up?

REPORTER: Do you like Matt Cassel as your QB?

WEIS: I like him because he's here. I like anyone that's here because that mean they're a Chief.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Are you kidding? How many ****ing times does this have to be repeated for dipshits like you that can't keep up?

REPORTER: Do you like Matt Cassel as your QB?

WEIS: I like him because he's here. I like anyone that's here because that mean they're a Chief.

I've seen that on here, but do you have an actual link?

Also, the Chicago Sun Times reported that six teams were interested in Weis. Do you think that their information was just speculation and rumors? I guess you have to tell yourself anything when the facts don't fit your opinion.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I've seen that on here, but do you have an actual link?

Also, the Chicago Sun Times reported that six teams were interested in Weis. Do you think that their information was just speculation and rumors? I guess you have to tell yourself anything when the facts don't fit your opinion.

No bullshit, I actually believe the original statement was edited.

It got a lot of play when Weis first said it.

The Rick
04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Whether we draft Clausen or pass on him, I'll be fine with the decision. With Charlie Weis around, I'm have no doubt that we'll make the right call, since Weis should know him better than anyone else.

If we draft Clausen, I think it's because Charlie believes he's the real deal. If we pass, it's because Charlie secretly thinks he's not worth it.

I think whatever we do, it will say a lot about how Weis feels about Clausen.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
No bullshit, I actually believe the original statement was edited.

It got a lot of play when Weis first said it.

I did see it in here. Not saying it was bullshit, just wondering. I went and looked at the Chiefs Q&A, and it wasn't there.

Of course, unlike Dane, I can use my common sense and realize that even if it was said, it would not be the 'ideal' answer that the Chiefs would like to get out there.

So, I am not saying it isn't true, but wondering if there was additional context.

Coogs
04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Whether we draft Clausen or pass on him, I'll be fine with the decision. With Charlie Weis around, I'm have no doubt that we'll make the right call, since Weis should know him better than anyone else.

If we draft Clausen, I think it's because Charlie believes he's the real deal. If we pass, it's because Charlie secretly thinks he's not worth it.

I think whatever we do, it will say a lot about how Weis feels about Clausen.

You know, Pioli said he is not a gambler. But if he passes on Berry or Clausen, I am have to call him on that statement. If Berry turns into Ed Reed, and Clausen turns into John Elway, and he drafts Bryan "John Tait" Bulaga, he may have just gambled away his NFL job.

Pawnmower
04-20-2010, 02:24 PM
A year ago this poll (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=202766) rocked Chiefsplanet to it's foundations. Despite the fact that the Chiefs had not traded for Matt Cassel at the time, passing on a quarterback was seen as A-OK by a shocking number of people.

Not only did approximately one-fourth of the poll WANT the Chiefs to pass, a stunning 80+ percent was cool with them doing so, even if it wasn't their preference.

The wording of the poll is not in line with your interpretation. "Grudgingly Accept" does not equal AOK or "being OK" with it. The only choice besides Grudgingly Accept was 'throw a temper tantrum.'

The poll sucked and therefore your interpretation sucks. Read the poll again, but this time don't be so biased.

Gonzo
04-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I honestly want them to give Mark Castle another year under fat Charlie. I'm in the minority, I'm sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 02:28 PM
You know, Pioli said he is not a gambler. But if he passes on Berry or Clausen, I am have to call him on that statement. If Berry turns into Ed Reed, and Clausen turns into John Elway, and he drafts Bryan "John Tait" Bulaga, he may have just gambled away his NFL job.

Pretty big ifs.

First, I think Berry could be an Ed Reed type player.

I don't think the Chiefs will draft Bulaga.... if they do....I will probably need a new TV.

I guess the one I have to chuckle at is Clausen turning into John Elway. #1) Elway was athletic, he isn't. #2) Elway had a great arm. He doesn't. Now, he doesn't have a 'bad arm'. But, it isn't even on par with Elway's, or Favre's or anyone of that caliber.

Pawnmower
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
I honestly want them to give Mark Castle another year under fat Charlie. I'm in the minority, I'm sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.myspace.com/markcastlemusic

I dunno he looks pretty fragile

Coogs
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Pretty big ifs.

First, I think Berry could be an Ed Reed type player.

I don't think the Chiefs will draft Bulaga.... if they do....I will probably need a new TV.

I guess the one I have to chuckle at is Clausen turning into John Elway. #1) Elway was athletic, he isn't. #2) Elway had a great arm. He doesn't. Now, he doesn't have a 'bad arm'. But, it isn't even on par with Elway's, or Favre's or anyone of that caliber.

I think you get what I mean though, correct? If we draft a RT, and these two guys are the real deal... time to update the ol' resume.

Pawnmower
04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
I think you get what I mean though, correct? If we draft a RT, and these two guys are the real deal... time to update the ol' resume.

I agree with this but the converse can be said as well...I guess it comes down to which player is riskier and if they think they will have a top 10 pick next year.

Honestly all of the hype around Clausen has got me interested....I can't wait for Thursday!

Gonzo
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
http://www.myspace.com/markcastlemusic

I dunno he looks pretty fragile

Wow... Myspace is still going? That was so 2004...

SenselessChiefsFan
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I do.... but I really think there is an incredibly inflated opinion of Clausen. At best, he will be a taller Drew Brees.

He will be a pocket passer, a guy who is accurate, but has just an okay arm.

He isn't 6'5". He isn't mobile. He doesn't have a rocket arm.

Honestly, if I knew he would be the next Drew Brees, I would take him. But, he doesn't have the physical tools of an Elway, or a Favre, or a Peyton Manning.

All that said, if he goes on to be Drew Brees, and he drafts the next John Tait.... he will lose his job.

That said, it will be three years at least before anyone knows what these guys are. And, if he is winning by then, it won't matter who he took in this draft. And, if he isn't winning by then, it won't matter either.

I understand your point, but eventually, it will come down to wins and losses.

Pawnmower
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Wow... Myspace is still going? That was so 2004...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mark-Castle/228309129208?ref=ts

"Mark Castle loves one thing: DANCING"

stumppy
04-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree. I don't think one year, with the way things went down last year, is enough time to tell if he can be the man. With CW running that side I anticipate major improvments.

FRCDFED
04-20-2010, 03:41 PM

this

SNR
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
There's no excuse this time. They need to take a QB.

If they don't take a QB or if by some freak occurence the Redskins take Clausen, they need to take Eric Berry. I won't blame Pioli if this happens.

Everything else is garbage. Bullshit. I know I'm going to be disappointed on Thursday, but I don't give a flying fuck.

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 04:20 PM
There's no excuse this time. They need to take a QB.

If they don't take a QB or if by some freak occurence the Redskins take Clausen, they need to take Eric Berry. I won't blame Pioli if this happens.

Everything else is garbage. Bullshit. I know I'm going to be disappointed on Thursday, but I don't give a flying fuck.

Yup. Fuck it.

We need a goddamn quarterback.

Fuck safeties, fuck linebackers, fuck nose tackles, fuck offensive tackles, fuck five-tech defensive tards. WE NEED A GODDAMN QUARTERBACK.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Clausen, Berry, or a trade that gives us a first next year from a team likely to win 7 or fewer games.

BigMeatballDave
04-20-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm not voting. If they draft Berry, I'm fine with not taking a QB...

mlyonsd
04-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I voted I'd be happy.

That being said if Haley/Weiss/Pioli think Clausen is 'the guy' I won't whine about it because I'm willing to give them a couple more years before stepping in and calling for their heads. At this point I'd rather get Berry or trade down if the price is right.

If they grab another QB in later rounds I'm ok with that too, they know more about their plans than I or anyone posting here.

CoMoChief
04-20-2010, 04:42 PM
My head will explode if we stay at 5 and draft McClain.

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 04:44 PM
My head will explode if we stay at 5 and draft McClain.

Well, I guess we've finally found some benefit to drafting McClain at #5.

bh13
04-20-2010, 06:15 PM
If they pass on Clausen for Berry, I'll be ok with it.

If they pass on Clausen for anyone else at #5, especially a tackle, I'm not going to be happy.

If they get Berry, Clausen slides and they can trade up to get him, I'll be ecstatic.

If they trade down, it better be one hell of a deal.

I think that covers everything.

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
If they get Berry, Clausen slides and they can trade up to get him, I'll be ecstatic.

Nothing this good will ever happen to the Chiefs.

We're made to suffer. It's our lot in life.

http://i41.tinypic.com/rsg2eb.jpg

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Clausen, Berry, or a trade that gives us a first next year from a team likely to win 7 or fewer games.

This right here.

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
If KC doesn't pick Clausen it means Pioli doesn't have balls or inclination to win a championship. With Weis as OC, and how the offense will be geared around the QB it would be the perfect time to select Clausen with their continuity between them.

BigRock
04-20-2010, 06:38 PM

It doesn't say linebacker, though. It says LB. Like with QB, lots of people just say the initials instead of the word.

And if you say the letters "LB", the letter L is a vowel-like "elle" sound. So "an LB" is perfectly acceptable.

kysirsoze
04-20-2010, 06:43 PM
The only reason I voted no on QB's is because I will be unhappy to some extent with anything but Eric Berry.

bh13
04-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Nothing this good will ever happen to the Chiefs.

We're made to suffer. It's our lot in life.

I can dream can't I?

That being said, I'm fully prepared for a pick that makes me shake my head.

notorious
04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
I can dream can't I?

That being said, I'm fully prepared for a pick that makes me shake my head.

10 posts in 9 months? You are starting out like I did.

Post some more, it looks like you might have some common sense locked inside.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 06:47 PM
If we get Berry I will be happy. If we get Clausen I will be happy. If we trade down and get a 1st next year I will be happy. That would ease the sting of getting Bulaga or McClain, players I like but not taking at #5.

If Cassel shits himself, which will happen, we should be in position for Andrew Luck, Gabbert or Mallett.

notorious
04-20-2010, 06:49 PM
If Cassel shits himself again.......

FYP

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
If we get Berry I will be happy. If we get Clausen I will be happy. If we trade down and get a 1st next year I will be happy. That would ease the sting of getting Bulaga or McClain, players I like but not taking at #5.

If Cassel shits himself, which will happen, we should be in position for Andrew Luck, Gabbert or Mallett.

I'm not a real Mellet fan he has great physical attributes, but relies too much on his arm strength which in turn results in INTs.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 07:34 PM
I'm not a real Mellet fan he has great physical attributes, but relies too much on his arm strength which in turn results in INTs.

That can be coached.

Dayze
04-20-2010, 07:42 PM
what happens if Bradford and Clausen are there at 5?

lol..
the Chiefs would still f*ck it up.

notorious
04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
what happens if Bradford and Clausen are there at 5?

lol..
the Chiefs would still f*ck it up.

Clausen.

Every fucking time.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 07:45 PM

I need to learn more about the Stanford QB. Going to make it a priority to watch him next year.

I like Mallett's potential. HUGE fan of Gabbert.

Dayze
04-20-2010, 07:46 PM
if there were 2 QBs sittig there and they don't take one..

..would confirm many suspiscions that the Chiefs are cursed, and/or retarded.

BossChief
04-20-2010, 07:51 PM
With the perception of our fan base as Camaro loving mullet wearing people, a quarterback named Mallet would be gold.

Reaper16
04-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I'll get to watch Mallet in person this season at Bryant-Denny Stadium. He'll probably look poor against the 'Bama defense.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 08:12 PM
I need to learn more about the Stanford QB. Going to make it a priority to watch him next year.

I like Luck. Smart player, doesn't have Gabbert's or Mallet's tools though.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ol_I_g_jeGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ol_I_g_jeGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
mallet has looked good for the razorbacks so far, as compared to when he played with michigan and guys like jake long, mario manningham and mike hart. any idea where he might be projected in the draft when he comes out?

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 08:18 PM
mallet has looked good for the razorbacks so far, as compared to when he played with michigan and guys like jake long, mario manningham and mike hart. any idea where he might be projected in the draft when he comes out?

Top 10.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 08:31 PM
ya he's only 6'7" / 250lbs and great credentials

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2010, 08:59 PM
That can be coached.

the problem with that is, you can't tell if this is due to average field vision. IMO, Mallet has top 10 physical skill, but from what I've seen remedial skills in identifying coverages. He'll be the Brett Favre(Boom or bust) out of next years draft, he could be an excellent player if he is in the right situation which will be key for him. If he goes to team which will throw him out there and expect him to win immediately(Raiders), he'll fold and will be another failed QB talent

bh13
04-20-2010, 09:30 PM
if there were 2 QBs sittig there and they don't take one..

..would confirm many suspiscions that the Chiefs are cursed, and/or retarded.

That reminds me of a discussion I had somewhere else the other night. I was trying to make the case for Clausen and the other guy said it was pointless for the Chiefs to take a QB because every QB the Chiefs have ever drafted has failed.

Tried to counter that by showing how few QB's they've picked recently, much less spent a high pick on, as well as using D-line since they didn't stop taking chances there after so many failures. Still, his argument is any QB the Chiefs draft will fail, better to get one in free agency or through a trade.

Go to the Chargers taking Brees and then Rivers after Leaf.

"Best way to get Clausen would be to let some other team draft him & then trade for him next year. What the Chargers have done has no bearing on the Chiefs history when it comes to drafting QBs."

Of course, he's also arguing with pretty much everyone that OT is a need and that Okung and T. Williams are the only players that fit at #5 because the value isn't there for anything but OT.

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Carl mindfucked this fanbase.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Joe Fan is ignorant because he doesn't follow the league very closely.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 09:38 PM
That reminds me of a discussion I had somewhere else the other night. I was trying to make the case for Clausen and the other guy said it was pointless for the Chiefs to take a QB because every QB the Chiefs have ever drafted has failed.

Tried to counter that by showing how few QB's they've picked recently, much less spent a high pick on, as well as using D-line since they didn't stop taking chances there after so many failures. Still, his argument is any QB the Chiefs draft will fail, better to get one in free agency or through a trade.

Go to the Chargers taking Brees and then Rivers after Leaf.

"Best way to get Clausen would be to let some other team draft him & then trade for him next year. What the Chargers have done has no bearing on the Chiefs history when it comes to drafting QBs."

Of course, he's also arguing with pretty much everyone that OT is a need and that Okung and T. Williams are the only players that fit at #5 because the value isn't there for anything but OT.

Tell your buddy these facts:

60% of the winning Super Bowl QBs have come from the 1st round.
20% of the others are Joe Montana and Tom Brady
That leaves 20%.

Real simple math.

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Garrett Gilbert is the guy to have an eye on for future QB considerations. Not only is he a Big 12 player, the Longhorns are moving to a pro-style set in 2010. And he was the #1 HS QB. (Drafturbators love pedigrees.)

Can you possibly imagine a Big 12 guy from a pro-style set that was a highly regarded high school player? It fills every single need for every single subculture that we have around here. Drafturbators are happy. True Fans are happy. Normal fans are happy that the fringe elements finally get the QB that satisfies them both.

This is the guy we've all been waiting for people.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/131433/GARRETT-GILBERT-TEXAS-QB.jpg

I mean, look at that mother fucking throwing motion!!!! Overhand! This dude is pro!

Mecca
04-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Don't have convos with regular casual fans, they are completely stupid.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 10:39 PM
So Mecca's whats your opinion on next year's QBs?

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 10:42 PM
that gilbert kid could be good, he came into the national championship game and held his own

Mecca
04-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Which ones, they're not all seniors so...

HotRoute
when mccoy went down he stepped in and was ready, and that says a lot

HotRoute
doesnt matter this years QB class is what ppl have been waiting for

notorious
04-20-2010, 10:44 PM
If his WR wouldn't have dropped a ball in the endzone, the kid had a chance at pulling out the win.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 10:44 PM
i mean honestly h=guys like bradford, mccoy, tebow have dominated the college ranks for years now

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 10:45 PM
gilbert will probably be a better prospect in a few yrs than mccoy is now

Mecca
04-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Dominating college has very little to do with how you transition to the next level.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Which ones, they're not all seniors so...

Locker
Gabbert
Luck
Mallett

Honest opinion on all of them as of right now. I know 3 of the 4 aren't seniors. Personally I think Mallett will declare and the other 2 will battle it out for 2012.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Dominating college has very little to do with how you transition to the next level.

obviously, but there is depth at all positions in this draft including the QB position`

Mecca
04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
I probably like Locker the least of any person out there.

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Gilbert it is! I knew that we'd finally find a common ground.

Mother fucking kumbaya!!!!!

The breakthrough has happened. The gaps have been closed. Drafturbators walk hand in hand with True Fans speaking of the great things to come.

I am so happy I am weeping.

My god...the revelation has happened. Our messiah has come.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04DD7eM5hJf96/439x.jpg

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 10:52 PM
easy now sac, try not to bust your nut just yet

Mecca
04-20-2010, 10:53 PM
That guy has to actually you know, play.

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 10:54 PM
easy now sac, try not to bust your nut just yet

http://www.methodshop.com/video/reviews/officespace/o-face.jpg

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
That dude is rail thin. 6-4 and ONLY 207.

http://i.imgur.com/qK3uA.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 10:56 PM
That guy has to actually you know, play.

National Championship Game. Comes in cold as a freshman, doesn't shit the bed and by the end of the game he's stroking it. Fucking guy is a stone cold killer! I'm telling you - this is the guy! THE guy! Don't piss all over my parade! This is the guy!!!! I'm telling you!!

Guru
04-20-2010, 10:58 PM
rant/on

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 10:59 PM

207 at 18 isn't rail thin, that's a solid base of ripped, lean muscle. Take him down to Johnny's BBQ Road House, stuff him full of brisket and beans - this guy is a rocked up 235 by the time he's a senior no doubt.

Mecca
04-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Matt Barkleys 19 and he doesn't look like that...

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 11:01 PM
tom brady came out of college "rail thin" as well, seems to hold his own

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 11:01 PM
http://img78.imageshack.us/i/tombrady28tr4.jpg/

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Yes, comparing every skinny QB to Brady is realistic.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
gilbert 6'4" 207/ brady 6'4" 211

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes, comparing every skinny QB to Brady is realistic.

no but it stands to point out that being skinny doesnt mean you cant play the QB position

Sure-Oz
04-20-2010, 11:04 PM
lmao

Count Zarth
04-20-2010, 11:05 PM
no but it stands to point out that being skinny doesnt mean you cant play the QB position

And being fat doesn't mean you can't be a porn star.

http://i.imgur.com/zE1Ku.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

ChiefsCountry

Not a fan myself.

I would assume Mallet being in Petrino's system is a red flag for you?

Tribal Warfare
Locker
Gabbert
Luck
Mallett

Honest opinion on all of them as of right now. I know 3 of the 4 aren't seniors. Personally I think Mallett will declare and the other 2 will battle it out for 2012.

Gabbert IMO, in an overall( physical ability, intelligence, field vision) standpoint probably the best QB prospect in the past 10 years. He's not number one at one specific aspect but as a total package he's a badass prospect.

Luck is the ultimate system's QB, and I don't mean that as a slight either because when I say that I'm inferring that he'll play practically mistake free and won't play outside scheme that he is coached to run. He's an excellent field general, great coverage identifying ability, and has solid physical attributes.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
And being fat doesn't mean you can't be a porn star.

http://i.imgur.com/zE1Ku.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

that man isnt a porn star , hes a fucking legend

SenselessChiefsFan
04-21-2010, 05:25 AM

That will change if we don't take Clausen and Locker is deemed the best QB that the Chiefs can get in the draft. Then, suddenly, the clouds will open up and you will realize how great of a prospect this kid really is and how the Chiefs are stupid not to draft him. So, don't worry.

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2010, 07:17 AM

http://i.imgur.com/qK3uA.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)And by the looks of him, mentally challenged.

Frosty
04-21-2010, 07:44 AM

I don't know about that. I have been pretty vocal of my dislike for Locker. I don't get the hype at all.

I would like to put this out now - if I rag on Locker next year, it isn't because I don't want the Chiefs to draft a QB; it's because I don't think he is a very good passer. I wanted Sanchez and I want Clausen. I have been impressed with Luck and am looking forward to him being gone from Stanford (it will be interesting to see how he does without Toby Gerhart this season). I want the Chiefs to finally get a franchise QB. I just don't think Locker is it.

FD
04-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Garrett Gilbert is skinny but he has a rocket arm. He'll put the weight on.

Count Zarth
04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Gang of 26.

However, the percentage is almost identical to last year. Evidently this place is only 2 percent smarter.

notorious
04-21-2010, 08:12 PM
The grass is always greener next year/True Fan

Give it shot for once! Fuck!

SenselessChiefsFan
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM

Give it shot for once! ****!

I think there are people on both sides of this. I certainly think that when it actually comes down to drafting a QB, there are many that will never have the balls to do it.

But, I also think that there are many that rationalize whatever is the top QB that the Chiefs have a possibility of drafting as a potential franchise QB.

Unfortunately, regardless of where you are on a player, either side will get you lumped in with the true fans or the drafturbators.

notorious
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Unfortunately, regardless of where you are on a player, either side will get you lumped in with the true fans or the drafturbators.

This is how things are done.

Plus it keeps things interesting. :)

Neutral-minded opinions are for the other forums.

KCBOSS1
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
We do not need to waste a first round on the quarterbacks in draft. Ride the year, fire Cassel, draft Mallet next year.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 09:37 PM
We do not need to waste a first round on the quarterbacks in draft. Ride the year, fire Cassel, draft Mallet next year.
Homer.

KCBOSS1
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Just wishful thinking. The guy's going to be a scary NFL quarterback

KCBOSS1
04-21-2010, 09:41 PM
6'7", Rifle, leader...check his stuff. Watch him this year. Just sayin. I'm a Hogs fan obviously, but there's not a quarterback that I would take for him in College or the draft this year. I know it's a long shot.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 09:46 PM
6'7", Rifle, leader...check his stuff. Watch him this year. Just sayin. I'm a Hogs fan obviously, but there's not a quarterback that I would take for him in College or the draft this year. I know it's a long shot.
He's certainly on the radar for being a top 10 pick. I will be watching him very closely, as I'm unconvinced about him. His measurables are tremendous, obviously. I'm moving to SEC land so I'll see a lot of him; I'll even see him in person when the Razorbacks come to Tuscaloosa.

Reerun_KC
04-21-2010, 09:49 PM

Give it shot for once! ****!

I would like too, but the owners and management of the Chiefs could careless about about a bunch of middle aged men acting like JR girls on a message board think about the draft.

I would love to have a 1st round QB starting on opening day 2010... But who the hell am I and why would the Chiefs give a shit about my opinion?

notorious
04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
I would like too, but the owners and management of the Chiefs could careless about about a bunch of middle aged men acting like JR girls on a message board think about the draft.

I would love to have a 1st round QB starting on opening day 2010... But who the hell am I and why would the Chiefs give a shit about my opinion?

Always the voice of reason, Mr.Reerun.

Count Zarth
04-21-2010, 10:11 PM
It boggles the mind that 40 percent of this fucking board doesn't want the Chiefs to draft a quarterback.

FML

"The Gang Of 50."

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2010, 10:51 PM
If the Chiefs don't take Clausen, then Weis wasn't convincing enough to Pioli and Hunt.

If they take Berry, I'm good with it.

If they take anyone other than Berry or Clausen, be afraid, Chiefsplanet.

Be very afraid.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 06:43 AM
If the Chiefs don't take Clausen, then Weis wasn't convincing enough to Pioli and Hunt.

If they take Berry, I'm good with it.

If they take anyone other than Berry or Clausen, be afraid, Chiefsplanet.

Be very afraid.

Do you think there is any way that Weis just doesn't like Clausen? I mean, it's not like Cassel is a HOF player. If Weis is sold on him, I don't think the Chiefs can pass on him.

I just think it is very possible that he isn't very enamored with Clausen. Maybe, it is because I don't think he will be good, so I am projecting my opinion on Weis.... but it will be interesting to see what happens.

If they do draft him..... it will be very interesting.

KCChiefsMan
04-22-2010, 08:49 AM
I don't think that Clausen or Bradford are worth top 10 picks. So, I'll be happy if we don't draft one. I will only be happy if we draft Berry at #5. If Berry is selected before us, I'll be happy if we trade down to get more picks.

That's IT

KCChiefsMan
04-22-2010, 09:05 AM
actually if Suh somehow drops I wouldnt be upset if we took him.