PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Clausen isn't a winner

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 12:37 PM
ND lost their final four games of the year in '09. Clearly, this rests solely on Jimmy Clausen's arrogant, douche ass.

This worthless pile of shit, in the final four games, accumulated the following averages:

351 yards per game
70.1% completion percentage
110.5 rating

The offense averaged 28 points per game.

And he threw for 10 TDs and 2 INTs during these four games.

Clearly, he sucks. I'd like to wait for a sure thing.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 12:39 PM
ND lost their final four games of the year in '09. Clearly, this rests solely on Jimmy Clausen's arrogant, douche ass.

This worthless pile of shit, in the final four games, accumulated the following averages:

351 yards per game
70.1% completion percentage
110.5 rating

The offense averaged 28 points per game.

And he threw for 10 TDs and 2 INTs during these four games.

Clearly, he sucks. I'd like to wait for a sure thing.

Just curious? But what is Pioli and the Chiefs thinking on Clausen ??

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 12:40 PM

He better be thinking about how not to shit all over himself come Thursday.

Deberg_1990
04-20-2010, 12:50 PM

According to Gretz, hes not even on their board.

CoMoChief
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM

:cuss::cuss::cuss: AWESOME!!!!

keg in kc
04-20-2010, 12:56 PM
How is he at tetris?

MIAdragon
04-20-2010, 12:56 PM

JFC.

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Deez makes an excellent point.

We should be a little worried about Charlie Weis as our offensive coordinator. What's going to happen to Jamaal Charles if Weis' trend of pass happy, abandon the run type of offense takes root here in Kansas City?

We should look at Michael Floyd in the 2011/12 draft as a potential first round pick.

Golden Tate is a viable option with our second rounder this year.

Well constructed argument Deez. Kudos.

Coogs
04-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Deez makes an excellent point.

We should be a little worried about Charlie Weis as our offensive coordinator. What's going to happen to Jamaal Charles if Weis' trend of pass happy, abandon the run type of offense takes root here in Kansas City?

I really expect the opponents to stack the box and make Cassel beat them. What would you do? Let Charles/Thomas try and beat you? Or let Cassel try and beat you?

30 games worth of tape out there. Not much of it favors Cassel.

Johnny Vegas
04-20-2010, 01:04 PM
we shouldn't worry about Jamaal Charles's production under Weis. He'll be fine. Since RB's only average 4-5 years on teams when we could get a QB that can last us 10 years.

Coogs
04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
we shouldn't worry about Jamaal Charles's production under Weis. He'll be fine. Since RB's only average 4-5 years on teams when we could get a QB that can last us 10 years.

We will find out. 8 games of stuff out there on Charles now as well. Box is going to be stacked big time IMO. Cassel hasn't proven he can throw downfield at all with any accuracy. No room to run, no room for short passes.

Sure-Oz
04-20-2010, 01:16 PM

I heard he brought Dayton Moore along to help him ignore stats and #'s

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 01:17 PM
I heard he brought Dayton Moore along to help him ignore stats and #'s

Damn you, Royals fan. Damn you.

Sure-Oz
04-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Damn you, Royals fan. Damn you.

Trust the process/dayton

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Trust the process/dayton

Theres a process in place?

DaWolf
04-20-2010, 01:24 PM

No, that's just Gretz speculating as to the Chiefs draft board, he has no inside info:

link (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/checkin%E2%80%99-the-latest-line-%E2%80%A6-monday-cup-o%E2%80%99chiefs.html#more-13080)
With four days until the first round of the Draft, it’s time to check back in with the odds makers at the Gretz Sports Book/Gas Station/Gift Shop in Miami, Oklahoma. At the close of business on Sunday, here are the big board odds on what the Chiefs will do and what the odds were 10 day ago when we last checked on them:

4-to-1 (same) they select Tennessee safety Eric Berry – The more you hear and the more you discover about this young man, it seems he has the chance to be a very special defensive player. Some think the fifth spot in the first round is too high for a safety. Certainly it doesn’t happen very often in the top five. Since the AFL-NFL combined their drafts in 1967, there have been five safeties taken in the first five picks: Sean Taylor by Washington in 2004 at No. 5; Eric Turner by Cleveland at No. 2 in 1991; Bennie Blades by Detroit at No. 3 in 1988; Ricky Dixon by Cincinnati at No. 5 in 1988; Kenny Easley by Seattle at No 4 in 1981. But the only way for the Chiefs to draft a player of Berry’s caliber is to pick him. They so desperately need help on the back line it’s hard to see how they can pass.

5-to-1 (3-to-1) they select Alabama linebacker Rolando McClain – Yes, they badly need help at inside linebacker on the Chiefs defense as well. Yes, McClain is the best insider backer available in this draft. It’s hard to explain why he was our favorite just 10 days ago and has dropped to No. 2 other than this: Berry will be on the field for every play from his first game in the league. McClain would be a welcome addition on first down, but if he did his job, he’d be out on the next play.

10-to-1 (40-to-1) they trade down and out of the No. 5 spot – Oh how the Chiefs would love to move down a few spots, pick up another second or third-round pick – or both – and still get a very good player. To do that, they would have to stay somewhere between the sixth and 12th slots. That would be Seattle, Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Denver and Miami. Forget Oakland and Denver; that just won’t happen at the top of the first round with an AFC West foe. It’s going to take one of those other teams to really be in love with a player who is still available at No. 5.

11-to-1 (7-to-1) they select a player from the field that isn’t expected – Two words: Tyson Jackson.

12-to-1 (8-to-1) they select Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga – He’s dropping on our big board if they stay at No. 5 because there would be better options. Now, if they trade down, Bulaga’s odds would grow increasingly more likely.

15-to-1 (no odds) they select Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung – Don’t just love when the media writes about two weeks ago about how the top four picks are locked down. Then, just four days before the draft we discover that’s not the case, not the case at all. Other than QB Sam Bradford going to St. Louis with the first choice, there’s nothing set in stone with Detroit, Tampa Bay and Washington. Chances are one of those spots at No. 2, 3 or 4 will go to Okung. The longer odds on Okung are reflective of the fact the Chiefs are unlikely to have the opportunity to even consider him.

25-to-1 (no odds) they select Nebraska DT Ndamukong Suh – As the pundits and mock drafters keep throwing up different versions of what’s going to happen on Thursday night, suddenly there are predictions that Suh will still be available at No. 5. That seems like idiocy, but we’ve put it on the big board as a long shot.

50-to-1 (none) they trade up from the fifth spot – They have those two second-round picks that could get them up a spot or two in the order. But that kind of deal doesn’t make sense for this team at this time: they need bodies, not a specific body.

100-to-1 (same) they select Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant – If the Chiefs made this pick it would be one of the biggest upsets in draft history.

Off the board: Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.

Sure-Oz
04-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Theres a process in place?

Intel Pentium 1, 90mhz

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 01:30 PM

And if he does what are you going to do about it?

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 01:32 PM
And if he does what are you going to do about it?

What's the point of asking this question?

Correct, fans can do only so much to voice their displeasure with their team's incompetence.

But if we can't debate, argue, and second-guess the team's decisions, we should close down this site.

What am I going to do about it? Laugh. Laugh a lot and realize that I (and many others) have more of a clue than the clown running the organization. It's the same approach that I've taken to being a Royals fan, over the last 15 years or so.

Brock
04-20-2010, 01:34 PM
The Chiefs most likely know everything there is to know about Clausen. I guess I'm okay with whatever they do with regard to him, pending of course what they actually do with the top pick.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM
The Chiefs most likely know everything there is to know about Clausen.

I guess I'm okay with whatever they do with regard to him, pending of course what they actually do with the top pick.

Because of Weis, yes.

Why? Just because they might pass does not mean that it's because Weis is saying that it might be best to do so.

We simply won't know.

Count Alex's Wins
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM
What's going to happen to Jamaal Charles if Weis' trend of pass happy, abandon the run type of offense takes root here in Kansas City?

Jesus dude, you are either completely fucking retarded or the greatest troll ever.

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 01:38 PM
What's the point of asking this question?

Correct, fans can do only so much to voice their displeasure with their team's incompetence.

But if we can't debate, argue, and second-guess the team's decisions, we should close down this site.

What am I going to do about it? Laugh. Laugh a lot and realize that I (and many others) have more of a clue than the clown running the organization. It's the same approach that I've taken to being a Royals fan, over the last 15 years or so.

I was just curious how you would express your displeasure. Are you going to boycott the games, stop spending money on Chiefs gear etc etc

I will be furious too if they pass on both Berry and Clausen.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Jesus dude, you are either completely fucking retarded or the greatest troll ever.

He's way too smart to be that fucking dumb. Successful troll is successful.

Brock
04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Because of Weis, yes.

Why? Just because they might pass does not mean that it's because Weis is saying that it might be best to do so.

We simply won't know.

I guess I choose to believe that if Weis believed Clausen to be a franchise QB, they'd draft him. I understand why people would question that, though.

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
I guess I choose to believe that if Weis believed Clausen to be a franchise QB, they'd draft him. I understand why people would question that, though.

I tend to agree.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 01:42 PM
I was just curious how you would express your displeasure. Are you going to boycott the games, stop spending money on Chiefs gear etc etc

I will be furious too if they pass on both Berry and Clausen.

My fault. Didn't think you were in earnest.

Beyond laughing and being pissed, probably not much. I'm a fucking pinata for shit organizations.

Chiefnj2
04-20-2010, 01:42 PM
In his three years as a starter, what is his record and stats against ranked teams? I'll answer the first part, he's 0-7.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 01:43 PM

Cool.

At this point, I simply need something, anything to validate trust in Pioli. If I had this, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Cool.

At this point, I simply need something, anything to validate trust in Pioli. If I had this, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Deez, remember, LALALALALALALLALALALALALLALA. At least until Thursday. :)

Rain Man
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM

In that respect you've got to think we have a huge advantage in deciding to draft him or not. I sure hope that we like him and draft him, though. I sure get tired of envying other teams' quarterbacks.

Pestilence
In his three years as a starter, what is his record and stats against ranked teams? I'll answer the first part, he's 0-7.

John Elway never played in a Bowl game.

dirk digler
My fault. Didn't think you were in earnest.

Beyond laughing and being pissed, probably not much. I'm a fucking pinata for shit organizations.

Me too being a Chiefs, Royals, and MU fan.

Anyway sorry to hijack your thread I am all for drafting Clausen. I am hoping that all the silence on the QB front is a smokescreen to draft him

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Me too being a Chiefs, Royals, and MU fan.

Anyway sorry to hijack your thread I am all for drafting Clausen. I am hoping that all the silence on the QB front is a smokescreen to draft him

:thumb:

No hijack, man. Because, honestly, who really gives a fuck where this discussion ends up going, as long as we're talking sports.

Or Mecca's inability to get laid. That's always good for a laugh, too.

Count Alex's Wins
04-20-2010, 01:56 PM

Michigan - 11/17, 74, 0/1
Boston College - 7/20, 60, 0/2
USC - DNP

Michigan State - 24/41, 242, 1/3
USC - 11/22, 41, 0/2

USC - 24/43, 260, 2/0
Pittsburgh - 27/42, 283, 1/1

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 01:58 PM
'09 looks terrible.

I'll pass. Dude is a loser douche.