PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rams hold the key to Chiefs trade-down.

Frankie
04-20-2010, 01:48 PM
IMO.

Do you guys think there's a chance St Louis will not pick Bradford at 1? If they don't, our 5th position becomes very valuable to teams like Cleveland, Seattle and San Fran. The latter two have two firsts each. :hmmm: I would not mind seeing those three in a Bradford sweepstake competing for our 5. Possibly even the Jax.

If this has already been discussed, I have not seen it. So there!

CupidStunt
04-20-2010, 01:54 PM
We'd be wise to take a very good deal and not push for an epic deal. Teams won't fear the Seahawks taking Bradford IMO. Certainly worth a roll of the dice.

Coogs
04-20-2010, 01:55 PM
They were discussing this last night on Total Access. One of them suggested that if Bradford lasted until 5, that the Chiefs should just turn in the card, and forget dealing for more draft picks.

Deberg_1990
04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
:facepalm:

The Rams are taking Bradford...thread over.

Rain Man
04-20-2010, 01:59 PM
TAKE THE FREAKING QUARTERBACK!

Ahem. (Cough, cough. Smoothing down suit.) In that scenario, I would support drafting the quarterback.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Honestly, I bet if Peyton Manning was on the board and the Chiefs were up, there would be fans wanting to trade down.

Enough of this fucking madness.

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Honestly, I bet if Peyton Manning was on the board and the Chiefs were up, there would be fans wanting to trade down.

Enough of this ****ing madness.

Many Chiefs fans understand QB play about as well as many Royals fans understand SS play.

Sure-Oz
04-20-2010, 02:10 PM

LMAO

Saccopoo

For this offense, I don't know what Manning would give you over Cassel. Cassel has better mobility, a little better size and while not as accurate, he's got about the same arm strength.

Plus, Manning, for all the accolades, has only one Super Bowl victory. Trent Dilfer has one SB victory.

Sure-Oz
Many Chiefs fans understand QB play about as well as many Royals fans understand SS play.

Speak for yourself, betancourt has a cannon!

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 02:11 PM
For this offense, I don't know what Manning would give you over Cassel. Cassel has better mobility, a little better size and while not as accurate, he's got about the same arm strength.

Plus, Manning, for all the accolades, has only one Super Bowl victory. Trent Dilfer has one SB victory.

I had to quote this.

That is all.

Woodrow Call
04-20-2010, 02:14 PM

Good lord

rambleonthruthefog
04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
if bradfords available its a no brainer. we take him.

would tampa take bradford? would washington? how much money do they really have tied up in freeman or mcnabb long term? does either team think they have their QBOF? also, the rams are taking bradford.

Mecca
04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Please, someone just kill Sacc, that or ban him.

CaliforniaChief
04-20-2010, 02:16 PM

We see you've been enjoying 420 day!!!!!

Sure-Oz
04-20-2010, 02:17 PM

Get to the choppa!!!!!

Pestilence
04-20-2010, 02:17 PM

Now I'm 100% sure that you're a troll and a joke.

Goldmember
04-20-2010, 02:18 PM

Hope you have thick skin

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Please, someone just kill Sacc, that or ban him.

http://dontcostnothing.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/herm_edwards.jpg

Goldmember
04-20-2010, 02:19 PM
If the Rams are so sure to pick Bradford, then why haven't they signed him yet? They must be waiting to see who is going to blink first and give them a great deal... or they are working on the contract as we speak.

KCFalcon59
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM

You have got to be fucking kidding me. :shake:

Mecca
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Seriously dude, stop trolling, the shit you are saying has no intention other than to piss people off.

HemiEd
04-20-2010, 02:25 PM

So we already have Peyton Manning on the roster?

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

To the Ship!!

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 02:27 PM

:spock:

WTHMF?

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Seriously dude, stop trolling, the shit you are saying has no intention other than to piss people off.

It was simply a response to The Bad Guy's post, which was just as illogical and asinine as mine. Yet I'm the one getting tossed into the wood chipper...I don't get it.

http://www.corkscrew-balloon.com/03/02/1xxx/img/21d1.jpg

KCtotheSB
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM

Without a doubt, this is the stupidest thing I've read in the past year.

Mecca
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
It was simply a response to The Bad Guy's post, which was just as illogical and asinine as mine. Yet I'm the one getting tossed into the wood chipper...I don't get it.

No, it wasn't. Based on what has been said on this forum over the years his point is correct. A ton of this fan base would trade down with Manning on the board just because.

What you said on the other hand was just completely stupid.

rambleonthruthefog
04-20-2010, 02:36 PM
this thread had a chance. thanks yousac.

Brock
04-20-2010, 02:37 PM

You are too stupid to live.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 02:40 PM

You can lump yourself in the dumb fuck category on here. There are about 15 fans on this site who have a clue, the rest are 2 steps away from being on the left end of the football bell curve.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow I don't hate cassel but comparing him to p.manning is just out there. He might be comparable to Eli on a very good day but Peyton?! Cmon man

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
No, it wasn't. Based on what has been said on this forum over the years his point is correct. A ton of this fan base would trade down with Manning on the board just because.

What you said on the other hand was just completely stupid.

See? You are doing it as well. You are simply making the assumption that the fan base is so against drafting a quality QB that you (the Drafturbator slant) are making completely illogical statements and surmising that they are factual just because you (again, a generalized, ubiquitous "you" versus you specifically) think that's the case, which it's not.

It's on the same level of stupid as what I said, and that's why I said it. It was a facetious response to your (generalization) assertion that most Chiefs fans would rather trade down if presented with a player of Manning's caliber. I understand the football elitist schtick that this board is renowned for, but that's taking it to the very extremes and being somewhat derogatory of Chief fans in general. I was simply making a parody of the original asinine statement with something even more asinine. But since I'm not a card carrying Drafturbator member who's all paid up on his dues, I'm the one being ridiculed and castigated.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 02:46 PM

Did you actually put thought into this post?

Jesus dude...

I seriously hope your joking? Right? Joking?

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
this thread had a chance. thanks yousac.

Shit. This thread is now epic. Look at the Bators come out of the woodwork. I bet they have each other on speed dial/fav list and when the Bat Phone rings with news of someone disparaging a known franchise quarterback, the general alarm sounds and they all spiral down the fire pole to hop on their keyboards.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DG1l9GJpNFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DG1l9GJpNFk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mecca and Hamas to the rescue!

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
See? You are doing it as well. You are simply making the assumption that the fan base is so against drafting a quality QB that you (the Drafturbator slant) are making completely illogical statements and surmising that they are factual just because you (again, a generalized, ubiquitous "you" versus you specifically) think that's the case, which it's not.

It's on the same level of stupid as what I said, and that's why I said it. It was a facetious response to your (generalization) assertion that most Chiefs fans would rather trade down if presented with a player of Manning's caliber. I understand the football elitist schtick that this board is renowned for, but that's taking it to the very extremes and being somewhat derogatory of Chief fans in general. I was simply making a parody of the original asinine statement with something even more asinine. But since I'm not a card carrying Drafturbator member who's all paid up on his dues, I'm the one being ridiculed and castigated.

I think you're generally a much more intelligent person than you're given credit for on this board.

That said, this post is complete bullshit. Those of your ilk would be leading the charge for why it wouldn't matter even if we had an elite QB if the o-line were shit.

How do we know this? Because the same tired, trite bullshit has been spewed on this board since I joined.

Lines first. QB later.

Fuck. That.

It's completely backwards and stupid, and the Chiefs should be the absolute model for what you win when you don't have a QB: jack fucking shit.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 02:48 PM

So you are denying there would be Chiefs fans that would advocate for a trade down even with someone like Peyton Manning there?

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
This only proves that a post count doesn't always equate to football knowledge

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I think you're generally a much more intelligent person than you're given credit for on this board.

That said, this post is complete bullshit. Those of your ilk would be leading the charge for why it wouldn't matter even if we had an elite QB if the o-line were shit.

How do we know this? Because the same tired, trite bullshit has been spewed on this board since I joined.

Lines first. QB later.

****. That.

It's completely backwards and stupid, and the Chiefs should be the absolute model for what you win when you don't have a QB: jack ****ing shit.

Deez,

You should have added more words to your post so you could attempt to sound intelligent like Saccoshit.

BossChief
04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't get it.

understatement

dirk digler
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
It's completely backwards and stupid, and the Chiefs should be the absolute model for what you win when you don't have a QB: jack fucking shit.

LMAO That brought a tear to my eye.

Reerun_KC
04-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Shit. This thread is now epic. Look at the Bators come out of the woodwork. I bet they have each other on speed dial/fav list and when the Bat Phone rings with news of someone disparaging a known franchise quarterback, the general alarm sounds and they all spiral down the fire pole to hop on their keyboards.</EMBED>

Mecca and Hamas to the rescue!

:LOL:

That was pretty funny! LMAO

rockymtnchief
04-20-2010, 03:04 PM
If the Rams are so sure to pick Bradford, then why haven't they signed him yet?

I think the Rams may have tried, but Bradford (or his agent) has said that they will not sign a contract before the draft.

Consistent1
04-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I am just going to ignore all the junk and say I believe that it would be as wise as anything else to take Bradford if that came up. There is some risk to all of it.Hell, if the Chiefs got Bradford there would still be piss and moaners on here all buthurt the first time Berry made a pick while Bradford wasn't immediately a solid starter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 03:15 PM
So you are denying there would be Chiefs fans that would advocate for a trade down even with someone like Peyton Manning there?

Oh, I'm sure that on the outlying fringes of football fandom that there are the John Birch Society, Environmental Liberation Front types that would advocate the passing of a true franchise level quarterback for a more secure and safe pick such as an offensive lineman. Hell, it even can go the other way on the proverbial line graph as evidenced by some people excited about and even advocating the drafting of a safety with a top five pick.

The Bad Guy
04-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Oh, I'm sure that on the outlying fringes of football fandom that there are the John Birch Society, Environmental Liberation Front types that would advocate the passing of a true franchise level quarterback for a more secure and safe pick such as an offensive lineman. Hell, it even can go the other way on the proverbial line graph as evidenced by some people excited about and even advocating the drafting of a safety with a top five pick.

Lots of words, no substance.

Frankie
04-20-2010, 05:07 PM
They were discussing this last night on Total Access. One of them suggested that if Bradford lasted until 5, that the Chiefs should just turn in the card, and forget dealing for more draft picks.

That would be STUPID!!.... IMO.

Frankie
04-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Peyton, no. Bradford, yes.

Frankie
04-20-2010, 05:11 PM

How did the brownies taste, dude?

Frankie
04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
If the Rams are so sure to pick Bradford, then why haven't they signed him yet? They must be waiting to see who is going to blink first and give them a great deal... or they are working on the contract as we speak.

Good point. Usually by this time a signing is imminent.

Frankie
04-20-2010, 05:16 PM

There would be a few, I'm sure. But certainly not many at all.

KC Jones
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
TAKE THE FREAKING QUARTERBACK!

Ahem. (Cough, cough. Smoothing down suit.) In that scenario, I would support drafting the quarterback.

Clausen?

:evil:

aturnis
04-20-2010, 07:03 PM

How about crazy fast reads and getting rid of the ball 1-3 seconds sooner?

KC Jones
04-20-2010, 07:04 PM
How about crazy fast reads and getting rid of the ball 1-3 seconds sooner?

ahem... accuracy... don't forget the accuracy.

threebag02
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM

UL Washington was a bad ass back in the day. Damn I miss those days.

SNR
04-20-2010, 07:36 PM
That would be STUPID!!.... IMO.I agree. Clausen would be a better pick.

Sanka
04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
We don't need to trade down, WE NEED CLAUSEN!

evolve27
04-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Funny is this.

notorious
04-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Jesus Saccapoo. Are you trying to build more momentum for CP going into the Draft, or were you actually serious about the Cassel>Manning=Dilfer take?

Remove your head from your fucking ass.

Dave Lane
04-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Without a doubt, this is the stupidest thing I've read in the past year.

I have higher hopes than most for Cassel and think the jury is still out for him but you have hit the nail on the head...

RippedmyFlesh
04-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Saccopoo

KC has selected 3..3 qb's all time in the 1st round.
My daughter is 25 and we haven't picked a qb in the 1st round in her lifetime..
That is the way I tried to put that in perspective.
Drafting our own qb in the 1st round is all alot of us want.
Because that is the way MOST championships are won.

Year Rnd Pick
1983 1 7 Todd Blackledge QB
1979 1 23 Steve Fuller QB
1964 1 2 Pete Beathard QB

That is just a pathetic list right there.

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Saccopoo

KC has selected 3..3 qb's all time in the 1st round.
My daughter is 25 and we haven't picked a qb in the 1st round in her lifetime..
That is the way I tried to put that in perspective.
Drafting our own qb in the 1st round is all alot of us want.
Because that is the way MOST championships are won.

Year Rnd Pick
1983 1 7 Todd Blackledge QB
1979 1 23 Steve Fuller QB
1964 1 2 Pete Beathard QB

That is just a pathetic list right there.

Look, I understand the whole concept of the Chiefs not drafting a quarterback. Hell, I'm still high on Croyle because he was the first quarterback that they took in recent memory that actually gave us a chance of hope that they actually got one that could end up being the guy. (Big arm, good leader, etc.)

But I don't know why we can't hold off for just a bit, and take the local kid with the insane talent level in 2011/12 in Blaine Gabbert instead of jumping at every guy that is in the draft from a "pro style" set.

We've become the shit faced 36 year old single guy at the bar at closing time. We're more than willing to take anyone, regardless of who they are.

Mecca
04-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Just so you know the guys from the spread are much more likely to be epic failures.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 08:37 PM
from listening to their press confrence today im not convince that the rams will take bradford #1 overall. but they might just be screwing with people for the ratings, the #1 overall pick can and should be signed before the draft starts IMO

BigChiefFan
04-20-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd trade Cassel and some picks for Bradford in a heartbeat.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 08:41 PM
bradford has a lot of upside, but im worried that he will get hurt behind a shitty line, he never really had to experience that at OU

BigChiefFan
04-20-2010, 08:45 PM
bradford has a lot of upside, but im worried that he will get hurt behind a shitty line, he never really had to experience that at OUTom Brady has been injured in the past, but I still wouldn't poo poo him being a Chief, these past few years. You don't pass on a franchise QB because you have a crap O-Line.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 08:46 PM
ya true, but you also have to protect your investments

RippedmyFlesh
04-20-2010, 08:58 PM
We've become the shit faced 36 year old single guy at the bar at closing time. We're more than willing to take anyone, regardless of who they are.
No we've become the virgin who hides in the basement and doesn't even try.
At least leisure suit larry tries.

DJ's left nut
04-20-2010, 09:07 PM

Holy. Shit.

Just fucking kill yourself.

notorious
04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Holy. Shit.

Just ****ing kill yourself.

It HAD to be sarcasm.

Soccopoo?

Saccopoo
04-20-2010, 09:10 PM
It HAD to be sarcasm.

Soccopoo?

You have to read the mid-pages for the explanation.

notorious
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM

There we go. Whew.

Some of your previous arguments could actually lead people to believe what you said is not sarcasm, though.

Frankie
04-20-2010, 09:30 PM
I have higher hopes than most for Cassel and think the jury is still out for him but you have hit the nail on the head...

Join the club bro. Now with two members.

milkman
04-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Hope you have thick skin

Thick skin?

Hell, he must have a titanium skull that nothing penetrates.

milkman
04-20-2010, 10:10 PM

There isn't anyone who is more critical of Peyton Manning than I am, but I have to say, that this is, without a doubt, the stupidest football opinion in the history of football opinions.

It's not possible to be this totally fucking clueless.

The stupidity of this opinion can never be topped.

notorious
04-20-2010, 10:11 PM
Sac was being sarcastic. Read my quote above.

The point is that most people took him seriously due to past arguments on his part.

milkman
04-20-2010, 10:12 PM

There's no way that anyone can get pissed off at that level of stupidity.

If anything, he's seeking sympathy.

milkman
04-20-2010, 10:20 PM
I have no doubt that "True Fan" would scream for a trade down if what everyone considered to be a true franchise QB was sitting on the board for us, unless it was a Big 12 QB.

It was ridiculous watching the same guys that argued against Stafford telling us how they'd take a flyer on Chase Daniel in the 4th or 5th round.

MadMax
04-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I have no doubt that "True Fan" would scream for a trade down if what everyone considered to be a true franchise QB was sitting on the board for us, unless it was a Big 12 QB.

It was ridiculous watching the same guys that argued against Stafford telling us how they'd take a flyer on Chase Daniel in the 4th or 5th round.

Hell lets trade our 2 top picks for 12 6th rounders :)

notorious
04-20-2010, 10:22 PM

True Fan + Local Team Homer = Special blend of shit

DeezNutz
04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Stafford is a perfect example.

If you didn't like him as a prospect, you aren't going to like many QBs that declare, and there were plenty on this board that fit into this category.

MadMax
04-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Join the club bro. Now with two members.

ROFL!!! The jury is hung.

MadMax
04-20-2010, 10:26 PM
There's no way that anyone can get pissed off at that level of stupidity.

If anything, he's seeking sympathy.

It's like arguing with a sack-o-shit oh wait...

milkman
04-20-2010, 10:28 PM

If you didn't like him as a prospect, you aren't going to like many QBs that declare, and there were plenty on this board that fit into this category.

The same people that argued against Stafford for most of the season suddenly jumped on the Stafford bandwagon as soon as Sanchez declared and it became obvious we'd have no shot at drafting Stafford.

Whoever the QB is, if it looks like we might have a shot to draft him, he's not a franchise QB to these people.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 10:28 PM
so does anyone think that bradford is better than cassel, enough so to take him at #5?(if he actually falls that far) or would we be better off trading that pick away?

Coach
04-21-2010, 05:00 AM
While I am in favor of drafting a QB, is it necessary to draft a QB that played in the shotgun in his college career, not to mention that he rarely took snaps under center?

Not advocating that we shouldn't draft a QB, just QB's from a shotgun system (like Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Houston, etc) have not translated well in the NFL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Guru
04-21-2010, 05:08 AM

Plus, Manning, for all the accolades, has only one Super Bowl victory. Trent Dilfer has one SB victory.WTF?

I stopped reading after that post.

DeezNutz
04-21-2010, 05:29 AM
While I am in favor of drafting a QB, is it necessary to draft a QB that played in the shotgun in his college career, not to mention that he rarely took snaps under center?

Not advocating that we shouldn't draft a QB, just QB's from a shotgun system (like Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Houston, etc) have not translated well in the NFL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nope.

Completely agree with you, Coach. I'm not particularly interested in Bradford. For this player, it's less b/c of the spread and more b/c of concerns about durability.

Coach
04-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Nope.

Completely agree with you, Coach. I'm not particularly interested in Bradford. For this player, it's less b/c of the spread and more b/c of concerns about durability.

Up to his Sr year, I don't recall his durability was much of a concern. But it's still a concern one way or another.

But the question begs, is Bradford the product of the system, as the system made Josh Hupel and Jason White look like legit QB's in the college system in Oklahoma?

Neither of them had any success in the NFL, either to injury or their skill set wasn't good as advertised, or it could have been something else.

It's the same issue that was brought up on Klingsbury, Harrell, Brennan, Couch, Ware, Wuerffel, and Akili Smith to name a few of the other "system quarterbacks" to have to either come to the NFL and failed miserably or simply was not on many teams radar becuase of being labeled as a "system quarterback".

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2010, 06:38 AM

If this is a joke, well done, its LMAO. If not, then you should seek professional help because you are insane and retarded...

BigMeatballDave
04-21-2010, 06:56 AM

If you didn't like him as a prospect, you aren't going to like many QBs that declare, and there were plenty on this board that fit into this category.I dont know how anyone could not like Stafford. That dude is gonna be a good one.

Frankie
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Here's another good trade down possibility:

http://www.kffl.com/player/22244/nfl

"Tim Kawakami, of the San Jose Mercury News, reports San Francisco 49ers ownership very much wants to select Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen in the NFL Draft and will perhaps be willing to offer both of their first-round picks in order to move up in the draft. "

notorious
04-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Here's another good trade down possibility:

http://www.kffl.com/player/22244/nfl

"Tim Kawakami, of the San Jose Mercury News, reports San Francisco 49ers ownership very much wants to select Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen in the NFL Draft and will perhaps be willing to offer both of their first-round picks in order to move up in the draft. "

Yesssssss

Pestilence
04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
I can see a trade with Washington then.

StcChief
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Rams will take Bradford....WTF is wrong hoping the Rams can help Chiefs.

Flachief58
04-22-2010, 04:57 PM
If you don't take Bradford at 5, just turn in your resignation, thanks for playing. I'm on record as saying that we need to build the d first, but if Bradford is there, that would be a no brainer!

threebag02
04-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Thick skin?

Hell, he must have a titanium skull that nothing penetrates.

Oh FUCK ROFL

BigChiefFan
04-22-2010, 04:59 PM
If you don't take Bradford at 5, just turn in your resignation, thanks for playing. I'm on record as saying that we need to build the d first, but if Bradford is there, that would be a no brainer!I agree. I see Troy Aikman. If he's sitting there and we pass on him, we'll be kicking ourselves for years,IMO. I'm also beginning to think he may be there, if the Rams pick Suh.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-22-2010, 05:26 PM

Enough of this fucking madness.

It will never end, and here's the thing one more time:

This is it. Make or break. This night determines EVERY FUCKING THING WE NEED TO KNOW about our future under Scott Pioli.

Meditate.