PDA

View Full Version : Football Are the Jets as good as they sound?

chiefsfan93
04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I like the way the jets played last year. They are reported to have had the best off season,but have they? I think with the schedule as tough as it is and the ravens and other teams know alittle more of what to expect out of the jets that it may take a little more time to get in gear.

Last year is last year, new faces in new places cause rexy problems, is what I think. When I think of T.J. replaced with L.T. I dont think of it as an upgrade.

I think the jets will be tough but I look for N.E. to rebound and Miami to be alot tougher than expected. So not only the team and schedule but I think the division holds them back from being dominant like the nfl buzz thinks. Except maybe the bills!

Mr. Laz
04-20-2010, 09:05 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/

Baconeater
04-20-2010, 09:09 PM
http://jetsinsider.com/forums/ (http://jetsinsider.com/)

Fruit Ninja
04-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Does it really matter? It aint the Chiefs.

Reaper16
04-20-2010, 09:15 PM
They sing pretty good, sure, but the Sharks routinely sound better.

Farzin
04-20-2010, 09:16 PM
They have 5 prime time games, so sure..

Plus their GM has been working hard to make sure the team does well.

Count Alex's Wins
04-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Well they have a shitty QB, so probably not.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Mike Tanenbaum (sic) may end up being the executive of the decade.

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 09:23 PM
their division is way to tough, but ya they are a damn good ball team

-King-
04-20-2010, 09:32 PM
I dont know, you tell me <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0_SI0cDwkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0_SI0cDwkM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

threebag02
04-20-2010, 09:33 PM
No

Short Leash Hootie
04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Can't wait for the props before the season...I'm going to make a killing on the Patriots.

chubychecker
04-20-2010, 09:48 PM
8-8

Sanka
04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
If they're trying to model this team after the SB Ravens, they might be on their way. Neither team had a QB.

mcaj22
04-20-2010, 10:18 PM
loading up talent around their average spotty young QB to hope it saves them in some games?!?! who would have thought that was a good idea? Surely not the Chiefs...

It may not be the best plan of attack but they are working with what they have. They know their QB is not going to set the world on fire every game but adding all these other players at least you know they are going to put a competitive product on the field each week. The QB may suck but god damn I'm sure they will weasel their way out of a couple games again next season with crazy defensive plays and other wild events. Plus they are on Hard Knocks this year, adding all this new named talent brings in ratings, and ratings = $$$$.

thurman merman
04-20-2010, 10:18 PM
The Jets suck.

notorious
04-20-2010, 10:19 PM
If they're trying to model this team after the SB Ravens, they might be on their way. Neither team had a QB.

There we have it. This thread is destined for 100 posts now.

Sanchez was in his first fucking year at QB. JFC give him another year.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 10:20 PM

Just wait till the first time Sanchez plays the Chiefs.

Nzoner
04-20-2010, 10:20 PM
The HBO Hard Knocks Curse will be their downfall

notorious
04-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Just wait till the first time Sanchez plays the Chiefs.

Holy God.

If Cassel (if he is still a Chief) plays better it will be chaos on here ROFL ROFL ROFL

TheGuardian
04-20-2010, 10:42 PM

Sanchez was in his first ****ing year at QB. JFC give him another year.

and played like a bottle of piss.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 10:49 PM

Won in the playoffs and made your prediction look like a bottle of piss. So you are still a fucking douchebag.

notorious
04-20-2010, 10:57 PM

2 playoff wins and getting knocked out by one of the best all-time in his rookie year is a bottle of piss.

OK ROFL

DaneMcCloud
04-20-2010, 11:01 PM
2 playoff wins and getting knocked out by one of the best all-time in his rookie year is a bottle of piss.

OK ROFL

The Retardian strikes again

notorious
04-20-2010, 11:01 PM

He's good for a laugh now and then.

TheGuardian
04-20-2010, 11:02 PM
Won in the playoffs and made your prediction look like a bottle of piss. So you are still a ****ing douchebag.

Sanchez didn't win in the playoffs no more than Trent Dilfer won that super bowl dumbass. That defense and the running game won.

My prediction was right on faggot.

TheGuardian
04-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Says CuntMcCloud.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2010, 11:03 PM
Sanchez didn't win in the playoffs no more than Trent Dilfer won that super bowl dumbass. That defense and the running game won.

My prediction was right on pillowbiter.

Bullshit you said they wouldn't finish 8-8.

blaise
04-20-2010, 11:05 PM
If they somehow come out of the gate slow I could see Rex Ryan totally having a meltdown and the train come right off the tracks.

TheGuardian
04-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Bullshit you said they wouldn't finish 8-8.

RoR said that they would have a winning season and that "Sanchez would be a big part of that." Well Indy and Cinnci laid down the last two weeks of the season to let them in, and Sanchez completely about 7 passes all season. So yeah, my prediction was spot on.

notorious
04-20-2010, 11:06 PM

My prediction was right on pillowbiter.

The defense and running game threw the crucial 3rd down completions?

DBOSHO
04-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Sanchez' playbook went something like this...

Option 1: hand off left
option 2: handoff right
option 3: pa pass to wide open tight end

cassel would look like god on that team.

notorious
04-20-2010, 11:08 PM
If they somehow come out of the gate slow I could see Rex Ryan totally having a meltdown and the train come right off the tracks.

Yep. Plus they are giving up important components of their team.

Evidently there is a rumor that Fanaca is going to be released/traded.

Why would they do that?

notorious
04-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Sanchez' playbook went something like this...

Option 1: hand off left
option 2: handoff right
option 3: pa pass to wide open tight end

cassel would look like god on that team.

What else do you expect for a Rookie?

TheGuardian
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
The defense and running game threw the crucial 3rd down completions?

Are you being serious? That's what you're hanging your hat on? You guys are fucking idiots.

Sanchez sucked balls. Even for a rookie. He completed a shit 53.8% of his passes for a measly 2,444 yards. Threw only 12 TD's to 20 picks and fumbled the fucking ball 10 times.

In the playoffs he was only asked the throw the ball in the Indy game. Once Manning figured out the Jets defense it was a fucking route. Sanchez did nothing more than ride the coattails of the defense and ground game, much like Dilfer did with the Ravens.

TheGuardian
04-20-2010, 11:10 PM
What else do you expect for a Rookie?

Then shut the fuck up talking about how great he was. He didn't do anything.

notorious
04-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Did I say he was great?! Stop making shit up.

He completed the most important fucking passes that a good QB needs to complete in the NFL.

Dilfer was a veteran. Sanchez was a fucking rookie. See the difference?!

HotRoute
04-20-2010, 11:31 PM
ya but ratings dont always equal wins

Pawnmower
04-21-2010, 01:49 AM
11-5

Playoff bound but will choke in AFC Champ game or 1 game prior.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2010, 02:04 AM
O/U should be 9.5.

MadMax
04-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Are you being serious? That's what you're hanging your hat on? You guys are ****ing idiots.

Sanchez sucked balls. Even for a rookie. He completed a shit 53.8% of his passes for a measly 2,444 yards. Threw only 12 TD's to 20 picks and fumbled the ****ing ball 10 times.

In the playoffs he was only asked the throw the ball in the Indy game. Once Manning figured out the Jets defense it was a ****ing route. Sanchez did nothing more than ride the coattails of the defense and ground game, much like Dilfer did with the Ravens.

We sho nuff loves us some Castleshlops...

Miles
04-21-2010, 02:07 AM
How could they possibly be successful with the resources they have invested in their OL....

Pawnmower
04-21-2010, 02:15 AM
How could they possibly be successful with the resources they have invested in their OL....

ROFL

LaChapelle
04-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Maybe if Rex announces they're out of the playoff right out of the starting gate
LT can take over for T-Rich on telling Sanchise what down it is so he won't pout on the sidelines
The Dan Synder model may work

Coach
04-21-2010, 06:18 AM
They look good on paper, but that's why we play the games.
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan
04-21-2010, 07:02 AM
On paper, they are very good.

I am not going to bash Sanchez for his rookie year. I also am not giving him mad props for being Trent Dilfer. I mean, like it or not, as the season went along, the team did everything it could to make it easier on him. They simplified the playbook. They even went so far as to start to tell him when he could and couldn't take chances.

I also know that had Sanchez come to the Chiefs, he wouldn't be the same kid that he is now. He was able to be surrounded by a ton of talent from the start. That allowed him to have success early, and build his confidence. But, anyone who watched him, saw him drop his shoulders and hand his head when things didn't go well. I don't know if he could have handled a winless, or 1-15 type season that I think he would have had starting here. Yes, I believe that Cassel last year, was better than what Sanchez would have been in KC.

I know it isn't a popular opinion around here, but the success of players isn't just based on their talent and ability, it is also the situations that they get drafted into.

As far as the Jets go..... if they get out to a great start, they will be a good team. But, with SO many changes, the reality is that they don't have chemistry yet. And, if they start to implode, there could be a lot of finger pointing.

JD10367
04-21-2010, 11:27 AM
The F-series had a nice sound, but there's something to be said for the Harrier Jump-Jet. Of course, the Lockheed SR71 probably sounds cool.

Oh, wait. Not what you meant.

The Jets backed into the playoffs on some late-season gifts. Sanchez was outperformed by Matt Cassel statistically. Thomas Jones is better than LdT in his current version. The AFC East is always tough. Ryan's antics will wear thin with the players and media. In short: no, they're not as good as they sound. 8-8 would be an achievement.

notorious
04-21-2010, 11:29 AM
They look good on paper, but that's why THEY play the games.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP