PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs faiders & steelers talking rotlessbooger trade

Flachief58
04-21-2010, 06:21 PM
The redzone is reporting that the steelers are talking to the faiders about a possibe trade. he'll fit right in with with al's boys. If they had any kind of team around him i'd say it may cause us some trouble. Since al is still kicking and in charge, it should be same ol same ol when it comes to their ineptitude

Gravedigger
04-21-2010, 06:22 PM
That'd be the best move the Raiders have made since Rich Gannon.

Buck
04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
According to Hacksaw, the 49ers and Raiders are the 2 possibilities.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2010, 06:23 PM
not good for us

Ebolapox
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM
According to Hacksaw, the 49ers and Raiders are the 2 possibilities.

jim duggan has knowledge of the nfl?

Frazod
A rapist would probably flourish in a city full of gangbangers.

milkman
I simply find it harder than hell to take anything said by anyone that is just too damn stupid or lazy to use the shift key seriously.

bevischief
A rapist would probably flourish in a city full of gangbangers.

ROFL

DJ's left nut
04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
The redzone is reporting that the steelers are talking to the faiders about a possibe trade. he'll fit right in with with al's boys. If they had any kind of team around him i'd say it may cause us some trouble. Since al is still kicking and in charge, it should be same ol same ol when it comes to their ineptitude

I've got bad news: They would have a team around him.

Put Ben on the Raiders and they're a fringe playoff team.

LaChapelle
Any defensive player that gives Big Ben another concussion
will get all the college pussy he can handle
anytime anywhere any future date

keg in kc
If he's smart (and lucky), he'll go to the 49ers.

MoreLemonPledge

HOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEE!!

Crush
04-21-2010, 06:28 PM

I am more impressed by the fact that the guy has a degree in plant biology.

Mr. Laz
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Report: Raiders consider Roethlisberger trade

Today - 3:35 PM ET
http://www.rotoworld.com/images/photos/NFL/PIT/1181.jpg
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

La Canfora says Oakland "might be (the) only real option" for Pittsburgh if the Steelers are truly prepared to wash their hands of the 28-year-old QB. The Raiders, smartly (for once), appear to have realized that JaMarcus Russell is a bust, and very arguably the biggest in NFL history. The Steelers might ask for Nnamdi Asomugha in addition to Oakland's No. 8 overall pick.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36694715/ns/sports-player_news/

the Talking Can
04-21-2010, 06:29 PM
anybody who gets him is going to be a lot better

chiefzilla1501
04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Not a scenario I'd like to see.

But keep in mind that the only 2 seasons his defense wasn't ranked in the top 5 in yards and points, his team missed the playoffs.

I've said this before and got a lot of shit for it, but here goes. There's something to be said for the fact that he's maybe one of the best game managers in history. He's not going to win games for you consistently like a Peyton Manning will. But he'll do it for you sometimes and the rest of the time, if your defense does their job, he'll do his.

Anyway, I know that's going to be seen as a knock on Big Ben. I don't think it is. I'm just wondering if he's built to win on a very specific football model.

Buck
04-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I'd be pretty nervous if he went to the Raiders, luckily the Chargers play them week 5 (I think hes suspended 6 games).

The only thing is they don't have a good WR corps.

Ebolapox
04-21-2010, 06:37 PM
I'd be pretty nervous if he went to the Raiders, luckily the Chargers play them week 5 (I think hes suspended 6 games).

a good qb makes his WRs look better than they are. they have murphy and heyward-bey: some serious young talent there. all they need is a qb to bring that talent out.

Bane
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
a good qb makes his WRs look better than they are. they have murphy and heyward-bey: some serious young talent there. all they need is a qb to bring that talent out.

Al Davis and Cable would ruin him no matter who they put around him.
I put my money out that if he goes anywhere,he is done.......IMO...

milkman
04-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Not a scenario I'd like to see.

But keep in mind that the only 2 seasons his defense wasn't ranked in the top 5 in yards and points, his team missed the playoffs.

I've said this before and got a lot of shit for it, but here goes. There's something to be said for the fact that he's maybe one of the best game managers in history. He's not going to win games for you consistently like a Peyton Manning will. But he'll do it for you sometimes and the rest of the time, if your defense does their job, he'll do his.

Anyway, I know that's going to be seen as a knock on Big Ben. I don't think it is. I'm just wondering if he's built to win on a very specific football model.

The thing is, this is how I measure a franchise QB.

Numbers, at the end of the day, mean jack.

It's what you do when the game is on the line that defines you.

Roethlisberger makes plays in the clutch.

He might be a game manager, but he's also a playmaker when it counts.

Count Zarth
04-21-2010, 06:45 PM
If Roethlisberger ends up in Oakland and we pass on Clausen, who becomes a Pro Bowler, and get stuck with Cassel, LIFE WILL SUCK.

bevischief
04-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Less picks for them...

Good for us.

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2010, 06:46 PM

They have a VERY GOOD receiving corp.

Zach Miller, Chaz Schillens and Louis Murphy would all put up phenomenal numbers with a good QB, let alone a great QB.

I wish the Chiefs had their receivers.

bevischief
04-21-2010, 06:49 PM
But they cannot pick up anyone new to help out on the cheap on the draft if they give up picks...

Buck
04-21-2010, 06:50 PM
They have a VERY GOOD receiving corp.

Zach Miller, Chaz Schillens and Louis Murphy would all put up phenomenal numbers with a good QB, let alone a great QB.

I wish the Chiefs had their receivers.

I would say a Receiving group like the Chargers have is VERY GOOD.

Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Gates, and Kris Wilson.

The Raiders are just above mediocre at best.

The Mad Crapper
04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Roethlesburger was a product of a great team in Pittsburgh-- solid running game, great defense. The Raiders suck and Roethelesburger aint' going to make them any better.

TEX
04-21-2010, 06:52 PM
If Roethlisberger ends up in Oakland and we pass on Clausen, who becomes a Pro Bowler, and get stuck with Cassel, LIFE WILL SUCK.

Right - why don't you just tell us how good Brodie is again...

mcaj22
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
did I really just read Kris Wilson in a sentence with the adjective GOOD (RECEIVING CORPS)?

lolol.

Ebolapox
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I would say a Receiving group like the Chargers have is VERY GOOD.

Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Gates, and Kris Wilson.

The Raiders are just above mediocre at best.

'very good' with bigfoot. in the same sentence.

http://www.geekscribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Bender.jpg

DOES NOT COMPUTE

chiefsfan93
04-21-2010, 06:57 PM

Thats what they said about the vikings when bret joined.:(

Marcellus
04-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Wasn't Janakowski busted with GHB? Man the time those 2 would have!

notorious
04-21-2010, 07:49 PM
I wish the Chiefs had their players, except for QB.

FYP

3rd&48ers
04-21-2010, 07:51 PM
I would take Big Ben in a second for the #8

morphius
04-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I like the Raiders not having a QB, I'd rather them suffer with Al trying to find one.

Thig Lyfe
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
did I really just read Kris Wilson in a sentence with the adjective GOOD (RECEIVING CORPS)?

lolol.

I know right? The Secret Weapon's presence alone elevates them to GREAT!

notorious
04-21-2010, 07:56 PM
The Raiders have pretty good talent on their roster.

Give them Rapeslutsburger, and Oakland becomes an immediate playoff contender.

Dave Lane
04-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Roethlesburger was a product of a great team in Pittsburgh-- solid running game, great defense. The Raiders suck and Roethelesburger aint' going to make them any better.

I wasn't sure it was possible but your football takes are as bad as your political takes.

Spott
04-21-2010, 07:58 PM
These rumors get a lot of attention, but Ben isn't going anywhere.

3rd&48ers
04-21-2010, 07:59 PM
I like the Raiders not having a QB, I'd rather them suffer with Al trying to find one.

I bet you do

DrRyan
04-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Report: Raiders consider Roethlisberger trade

Today - 3:35 PM ET
http://www.rotoworld.com/images/photos/NFL/PIT/1181.jpg
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

La Canfora says Oakland "might be (the) only real option" for Pittsburgh if the Steelers are truly prepared to wash their hands of the 28-year-old QB. The Raiders, smartly (for once), appear to have realized that JaMarcus Russell is a bust, and very arguably the biggest in NFL history. The Steelers might ask for Nnamdi Asomugha in addition to Oakland's No. 8 overall pick.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36694715/ns/sports-player_news/

I have a hard time believing they would come off of the #8 pick and Asomugha for Ben. It is painfully obvious that the Rooney's want Ben out of Pittsburgh. Hold their feet to the fire and get the deal you want, not the deal they demand.

JD10367
04-21-2010, 08:04 PM
The thing is, this is how I measure a franchise QB.

Numbers, at the end of the day, mean jack.

It's what you do when the game is on the line that defines you.

Roethlisberger makes plays in the clutch.

He might be a game manager, but he's also a playmaker when it counts.

I'd have to agree. He may be a friggin' moron when it comes to riding his motorcycle and knowing when a woman means "no" but, when it comes to football, he's got a bit of Brett Favre in him (in a good way). He's not a top-tier QB in my opinion--he's not up there with Manning, Brady, Brees--but he manages to win. He doesn't throw the prettiest ball, he doesn't make the best decisions sometimes, but he also seems to miraculously evade the defense and run around out there until he makes something happen.

Having said that, he's now a PR nightmare and, if the Raiders offered the #8 pick as well as Asomugha, if I were the Steelers I'd jump on that like a hungry Rottweiler on a pork chop.

Marcellus
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
I'd have to agree. He may be a friggin' moron when it comes to riding his motorcycle and knowing when a woman means "no" but, when it comes to football, he's got a bit of Brett Favre in him (in a good way). He's not a top-tier QB in my opinion--he's not up there with Manning, Brady, Brees--but he manages to win. He doesn't throw the prettiest ball, he doesn't make the best decisions sometimes, but he also seems to miraculously evade the defense and run around out there until he makes something happen.

Having said that, he's now a PR nightmare and, if the Raiders offered the #8 pick as well as Asomugha, if I were the Steelers I'd jump on that like a hungry Rottweiler on a pork chop.

Call me crazy but I think his lack if intelligence (it seems with bad decisions) may help him at times. He just doesn't worry about it. No stress.

Demonpenz
04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
miami players are worth the risk

notorious
04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Call me crazy but I think his lack if intelligence (it seems with bad decisions) may help him at times. He just doesn't worry about it. No stress.

I agree. It takes a balance of risk taking and skill.

He is too stupid to realize if he is making a bad pass or not. Check past games, he has thrown retarded INT's at the end of a game only to be bailed out by the officials.

Rain Man
04-21-2010, 08:48 PM
I realized with shock the other day that Tom Cable is still the Raiders' coach. A guy who punches his assistant coaches will have no issue with a guy that forces himself on women. Maybe they can go out at night and find couples in the park and Cable can beat up the guy while Roethlisberger works on the woman.

Chiefaholic
04-21-2010, 08:53 PM
The Raiders will be a damn good team with a solid QB under center. With Roth and some minor adjustments to the O-Line, they'll be a legit playoff contender. I hope Ben goes to the Niners......

Over-Head
04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
jim duggan has knowledge of the nfl?ROFLROFLROFL

Count Zarth
04-21-2010, 09:01 PM
The scary thing is what happens if Ben goes to the Raiders and McFadden unfucks himself....

boogblaster
04-21-2010, 09:03 PM
No to faiders ....

Over-Head
04-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Yep, and they said Plunkett, and Gannon were done when they hit Oakland too :rolleyes:

Chiefaholic
04-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Raiders already have the defense if they don't have to play from behind and on the field 40 minutes a game. The running game and young receiving core would be legit if they had a QB to get the ball to them when they're wide open downfield.

Chiefaholic
04-21-2010, 09:12 PM
And OLD man AL quite literally doesn't have the time to start all over again with an unproven rookie QB. They could be quite good for 5-6 years with Ben under center.

Rausch
04-21-2010, 09:16 PM
And OLD man AL quite literally doesn't have the time to start all over again with an unproven rookie QB. They could be quite good for 5-6 years with Ben under center.

Best QB and probably best defense in the division...

KCBOSS1
04-21-2010, 09:35 PM
uhh...Ben definitey looks like Raider material. The new Ken Stabler

Brock
04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
I've been reading on this board that he isn't a top tier qb so no worries, I guess.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 09:41 PM
You're even more stupid when it comes to football than you are with politics. Amazing.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Big Ben + Raiders = 2011 & 2012 AFC West Champions. Easily.

Buck
04-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Big Ben + Raiders = 2011 & 2012 AFC West Champions. Easily.

Lol, no.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Lol, no.
Most people don't realize how good a team the Raiders would be right now if they had a QB.

Buck
04-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Most people don't realize how good a team the Raiders would be right now if they had a QB.

I do, but they wouldn't be better than the Chargers.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 09:57 PM
I think they would be, especially if the Chargers keep drafting like total shit.

notorious
04-21-2010, 10:00 PM
The Raiders would be scary with anything that resembled a NFL QB.

IF they get one of the best, they would be every bit as good as San Diego.

JaFat**** is so bad that he literally kills the whole team. How many wide open recievers has he missed that Ben would hit,how many plays would have been made when Jamusteat gets sacked?

Brock

The Chargers are nothing special. I would think you'd know that better than anyone.

Dayze
the more and more I think about it, Ben would be a perfect fit in Oak; fans would be even more apeshit over him there than they are in Pitt.

Buck
04-21-2010, 10:01 PM
I think they would be, especially if the Chargers keep drafting like total shit.

Just keep in mind if they got Roethlisberger they'd likely have to get rid of Asemougha (sp?) and also Seymour is getting old.

Also Kirk Morrison is not happy there and he may be gone soon too. Their defense will be shit soon.

Oh, and the Raiders draft like total shit.

Buck
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
The Chargers are nothing special. I would think you'd know that better than anyone.

There's still some meat on that bone. I would think you'd know that better than anyone.

notorious
04-21-2010, 10:05 PM
There's still some meat on that bone. I would think you'd know that better than anyone.

You guys definately owned the Chiefs last year.

Brock
04-21-2010, 10:09 PM

You're in decline. We've seen it before. Kind of an empty feeling, to have your peak fall short of the goal and already be on your way back down. But what do you expect when Norv is your man.

Buck
04-21-2010, 10:13 PM
You're in decline. We've seen it before. Kind of an empty feeling, to have your peak fall short of the goal and already be on your way back down. But what do you expect when Norv is your man.

Well you can say this team is just like the 90's Chiefs and they should be on their way down now.

Or you can say they are like the late 90's - late 2000's Colts and will have an open window for the next 8 years.

Sometimes I say things when we lose in the playoffs that I don't really mean.

Also, I think Rivers is a gamer and as long as we have him, we'll be contending for AT LEAST the AFC West title. He's never not won it as a starting QB. Think about that.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Also, I think Rivers is a gamer and as long as we have him, we'll be contending for AT LEAST the AFC West title. He's never not won it as a starting QB. Think about that.
Well, sure. But 8-8 can "compete" for the division crown in the AFC West.

HypnotizedMonkey
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
The Raipers

DBOSHO
Rivers is a christopher street boy. Just sayin.

Brock
Right now, you're the best of a shit division. As the rest of the teams get better, your guys' little popcorn fart of a run will be over.

Rausch
04-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Right now, you're the best of a shit division. As the rest of the teams get better, your guys' little popcorn fart of a run will be over.

And even in a $3it division the Chargers had to throw together late season runs just to make the damned playoffs...

Buck
04-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Well, sure. But 8-8 can "compete" for the division crown in the AFC West.

And even in a $3it division the Chargers had to throw together late season runs just to make the damned playoffs...

You guys sure know a lot more about the Chargers than me. Thats strange.

Its not our fault that you guys and the Raiders suck dick. Even if the Broncos didn't collapse last year, we still would have made the playoffs. We were 13-3 for Christ's Sake. That includes 8-2 outside of the Division, so if you want to tell me its because of the weak division, be my guest, but you are wrong.

The Chargers had one bad season since Rivers became the starting QB and that was 2008 when we went 8-8 and somehow still made it.

And Reaper, give me a break, you know an 8-8 division winner is an apparition. The Chargers record since 2004. 12-4, 9-7, 14-2, 11-5, 8-8, 13-3.

They missed the playoffs that 9-7 year, but otherwise have proved to be a consistently good team.

Even when they went 8-8 THEY WON A PLAYOFF GAME AGAINST THE COLTS!

Give me a break. You guys are delusional.

DaneMcCloud
04-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Rivers is a christopher street boy. Just sayin.

Uh, no, he's not.

And what the fuck would YOU know about Manhattan?

Von Dumbass
04-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Denver should trade them Kyle Orton and swap 1st round picks with the Steelers. That would be a win/win for both teams, the Steelers get a proven winner who would fit right into what the Steelers do. Denver would get to trade back later in the draft and get Pouncey.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Denver should trade them Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton and swap 1st round picks with the Steelers. That would be a win/win for both teams, the Steelers get a proven winner who would fit right into what the Steelers do. Denver would get to trade back later in the draft and get Pouncey.

LMAO

Buck
04-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Denver should trade them Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton and swap 1st round picks with the Steelers. That would be a win/win for both teams, the Steelers get a proven winner who would fit right into what the Steelers do. Denver would get to trade back later in the draft and get Pouncey.

Wow, you are ready to just trade your boy like that?

jAZ
04-21-2010, 10:55 PM
...the 28-year-old QB...

5-10 years of a decent to very good Raiders team? Ugh.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 11:16 PM
And Reaper, give me a break, you know an 8-8 division winner is an apparition.
That doesn't mean what you think it means. Though I kind of like its actual meaning, as if there were an 8-8 ghost haunting the entire division.

Rivers is the Chargers only asset. In all aspects of the team apart from their QB I see a team in decline.

Buck
04-21-2010, 11:24 PM
That doesn't mean what you think it means. Though I kind of like its actual meaning, as if there were an 8-8 ghost haunting the entire division.

Rivers is the Chargers only asset. In all aspects of the team apart from their QB I see a team in decline.

lol, i just chose what spell check told me.

Abhoration. Whatever i dont know how to spell it.

Maybe its not even a word.

Back to the matter at hand.

Rivers is the Chargers only Asset?

Gates, VJ, Floyd, Sproles, McNeil, Dielman, Hardwick, Phillips, Merriman (if he ever gets back to normal), Cooper, Jammer, Weddle.

All of those guys are bonified players.

All of them would start over anyone you have, except maybe Sproles.

Ebolapox
04-21-2010, 11:28 PM

ROFL

you're fucked in the head, mang.

Ebolapox
04-21-2010, 11:30 PM

Gates, VJ, Floyd, Sproles, McNeil, Dielman, Hardwick, Phillips, Merriman (if he ever gets back to normal), Cooper, Jammer, Weddle.

bonafide.

Reaper16
04-21-2010, 11:36 PM

Aberration.

By asset I mean to say elite-level player. The guys you mentioned do appear to be bonafide players and they would indeed start on the Chiefs. But starting on the Chiefs right now isn't a sign of quality. I am reminded of htismaqe's classic signature "Better than bad does not equal good."

Von Dumbass
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Wow, you are ready to just trade your boy like that?

I'm sucker for QB's who have great pocket presence and are able to routinely avoid sacks. Joe Flacco would be another young QB I would trade Orton for.

Ugly Duck
04-22-2010, 12:49 AM
Twitter from a Pittsburgh radio guy sez deal is done (link below)

http://twitter.com/KobeOnTheRadio/statuses/12612897798

Count Zarth
04-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Fuck. This could ruin our lives as Chiefs fans for at least five years.

Buck
04-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Fuck. This could ruin our lives as Chiefs fans for at least five years.

Damn.

Maybe KC will swoop in and get him instead?

Sucks for me either way.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Damn. Well, maybe he can teach JaFatass a thing or two.

Flachief58
04-22-2010, 04:04 AM
Or option 3, I had my 1yr old granddaughter with me and didn't think my not hitting the shift key was as important as the story....get a life fuckwad!I simply find it harder than hell to take anything said by anyone that is just too damn stupid or lazy to use the shift key seriously.

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 04:14 AM
and now kc has the worst qb in the division, hands down....

Rain Man
04-22-2010, 04:36 AM
even with ben they wouldn't get past the chiefs this year. this is going to be our year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Flachief58
04-22-2010, 04:47 AM
While I do agree that we'll spank the faiders, and looking at our schedual we should be able to win around 8, there is no way that "this will be our year". I do think we're heading in the right direction and will in a year or 2 be very competative. even with ben they wouldn't get past the chiefs this year. this is going to be our year.
Posted via Mobile Device

DBOSHO
04-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Uh, no, he's not.

And what the **** would YOU know about Manhattan?

go fuck yourself with a rusty spoon, cockass.

Ugly Duck
04-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Damn. Well, maybe he can teach JaFatass a thing or two.

Sorry.... the deal is Oakland's #8 and Jamarcus Russell for Ben.

(then I woke up)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that the Raiders have formally dropped out of the running for Ben Roethlisberger.

So the Steelers have lost the only team they'd talked seriously with. Schefter relays that the Jaguars are also out of the "sweepstakes," and the Rams and Bills both dropped out Wednesday.