PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs More reason to like Berry: He doesn't like Deion Sanders

The Bad Guy
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Likely top ten pick Eric Berry (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5623) is the first defensive back in a long time who doesn't look up to Deion Sanders. In fact, Berry doesn't seem to like him at all.

Berry says Sanders declined to give him an autograph (http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/21/deions-diss-makes-berry-want-to-be-man-of-people/) when Berry was in high school. That's changed how the Tennessee safety approaches others.

"I just try to make sure that if someone comes up to me, whether it's for an autograph or a handshake -- because I've been shot down before like I told you -- I don't want nobody to feel like that," Berry said, according to NFL.com.

Berry holds a grudge to this day, and wasn't interested in speaking to Sanders at a NFL "Play 60" event held Wednesday.

Something tells us PFT Planet member Rich Eisen (http://twitter.com/richeisen) will squash this on-air during the week.

I like him more and more every minute.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Berry will soothe my bleeding heart if we don't draft Clausen.

Count Alex's Wins
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Deion's a hypocrite anyway. Though an entertaining one.

JASONSAUTO
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
yep. he HAS TO be the pick IMO
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
04-21-2010, 08:21 PM
I can understand the team's flawed logic in passing on Clausen.

I will NOT be able to comprehend passing on Berry.

chiefsfan93
04-21-2010, 08:22 PM
If he doesnt like shannon sharpe I would be more impressed.:D

milkman
04-21-2010, 08:23 PM
God damn that Eric Berry.

There isn't a single ****ing thing to dislike about him, and Scott Pioli is going to piss us all off and pass on him.

It would be so much easier to take if the kid wasn't so damn likable, so **** him.

ChiefMojo
04-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't understand why it is so difficult to pick Berry at #5? Elite Safety, high character, can play multiple positions, not a one-year wonder, etc. He is everything you look for in a long time Pro-Bowl Safety!

I still have a bad feeling we are taking OT.

JASONSAUTO
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM

There isn't a single ****ing thing to dislike about him, and Scott Pioli is going to piss us all off and pass on him.

It would be so much easier to take if the kid wasn't so damn likable, so **** him.

lol. is there ANY negative with this guy? someone would be nitpicking MAJORLY to find a fault.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
My heart wants us to take Berry. But if I really want a good laugh I want to see this entire forum cuss this franchise and Pioli for comedic value if those clowns pass on him.

chiefsfan93
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
nah Berry alll the way babe!

milkman
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
lol. is there ANY negative with this guy? someone would be nitpicking MAJORLY to find a fault.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, he does use a double negative when he talks about not wanting others to feel the way he did when DS turned him down for an autograph.

He's a bust waiting to happen!!!!

Marcellus
04-21-2010, 08:29 PM

I have to wonder with all of Pioli's talk about drafting the right "person" yada,yada,yada, that they would think highly of him.

He is low risk because he is a great player and seems to be a great well rounded person.

Fits the right 53 to me.

ChiefsCountry
04-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Haven't talked to Sacofshit have you?

LaChapelle
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
...and yet another reason
Rich Eisen needs to die in an aids tree fire

Bane
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM

If we pass on Berry we should all get to kick Pioli in the nuts.:cuss:

JASONSAUTO
04-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, he does use a double negative when he talks about not wanting others to feel the way he did when DS turned him down for an autograph.

He's a bust waiting to happen!!!!

lol but seriously i feel the same way about him that some felt about sanchez. i will watch our safeties for years and cry. the only guy that could ease the pain would be clausen, but then only so much not all
Posted via Mobile Device

JASONSAUTO
04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Haven't talked to Sacofshit have you?

:) no but i couldnt see what he could say thats negative. want another position? fine. but you cant bash berry IMO
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Whats wrong with Deion? he was a hell of a player.....wish he would have become a Chiefs back in the mid 90's when he was a FA making the rounds..

Pestilence
04-21-2010, 08:39 PM
I like Jimmy Clausen and I hate Matt Cassel......but Eric Berry is starting to retake my #1 spot again.

dirk digler
04-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I can understand the team's flawed logic in passing on Clausen.

I will NOT be able to comprehend passing on Berry.

If the Skins take Williams it is a mortal lock we will take Okung.

milkman
04-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Whats wrong with Deion? he was a hell of a player.....wish he would have become a Chiefs back in the mid 90's when he was a FA making the rounds..

I'm sorry, I watched guys like Emmitt Thomas and Albert Lewis, who were shutdown corners in their own right, but who also weren't pussies that were afraid to lay the wood.

I hated Deion Sanders because he was a pussy.

Playing defense means you fucking hit some people.

The Bad Guy
04-21-2010, 08:51 PM

No, it's not.

DeezNutz
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM

If Pioli completely ****s up two top-5 picks in a row, it will be difficult for me to discern the depths of my disdain for the douche.

Alliterative insults, FTMFW.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm sorry, I watched guys like Emmitt Thomas and Albert Lewis, who were shutdown corners in their own right, but who also weren't pussies that were afraid to lay the wood.

I hated Deion Sanders because he was a pussy.

Playing defense means you ****ing hit some people.

:facepalm:

Good grief....some of you guys have too much penis envy

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-21-2010, 08:53 PM

Holding grudges like that is the hallmark of a superior athlete.

Jordan, Russell, Tiger all had that ability.

The Bad Guy
04-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Holding grudges like that is the hallmark of a superior athlete.

Jordan, Russell, Tiger all had that ability.

Yep. They never forget.

CHENZ A!
04-21-2010, 09:00 PM

Agreed. I was always a Deion fan, even though I hated the teams he played for.

I know what Berry is saying though.. When I was 12 or 13 I saw Kareem Abdul Jabbar in the vegas airport and I asked him for an autograph. there wasn't even anyone around and he just gave me the shittiest look and shook his head. That was the last time I ever asked anyone for an autograph and I've always hated KAJ since then.

It actually was kind of a good thing, as I'm not starstruck at all when I meet celebs/athletes. I'm not asking them for anything. I'll just say whatup and shake their hand if I really feel like talking to them.

dirk digler
04-21-2010, 09:01 PM
No, it's not.

You think they still take Berry over Okung?

You know I should be quiet because I don't think they take either Berry or Okung. My pick right now for the Chiefs is Clausen and it will be a huge shocker.

milkman
04-21-2010, 09:06 PM
:facepalm:

Good grief....some of you guys have too much penis envy

What the fuck does penis envy have to do with disliking the fact that Deion didn't like to hit people?

JFC, what a fucking dumbass.

KcMizzou
04-21-2010, 09:15 PM
"I just try to make sure that if someone comes up to me, whether it's for an autograph or a handshake -- because I've been shot down before like I told you -- I don't want nobody to feel like that," Berry said, according to NFL.com.

Berry holds a grudge to this day, and wasn't interested in speaking to Sanders at a NFL "Play 60" event held Wednesday.

That's awesome. "Hey, you didn't have time for me. I don't have time for you either."

KCtotheSB
04-21-2010, 09:19 PM
It makes too much sense to take Berry.....thus, it won't happen. I wonder who we're going to end up reaching for at #5 that sends me on a killing spree throughout Colorado Springs.

CanadaKC
04-21-2010, 09:19 PM
DON'T PASS ON THIS GUY PIOLI!!!

cabletech94
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM

What's not to like about this guy?

+1

milkman
04-21-2010, 09:21 PM
DON'T PASS ON THIS GUY PIOLI!!!

Yelling won't help.

He won't hear you.

KCinNY
04-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Sad thing is that we'll pass on Berry for Robert Gallery 2.0.

Dayze
04-21-2010, 09:51 PM
they won't take a QB; b/c this franchise is scared to death they might *gasp* get it wrong on a QB ( a major issue since they only draft one 2 times a century)....

so just take Berry if he's there and be done with it.

if they take Bulaga at 5 I might stab MYSELF in the face.

Fat Elvis
04-21-2010, 09:58 PM
What's not to like about this guy?

+1

I'll tell what's not to like about this guy; he won't be a Chief because we have a "guru-genious" who wants to prove he can make chicken shit out of a chicken salad draft opportunity.

Everyone wants him, but in your heart of hearts, you know Pioli is going to screw the pooch.

KcMizzou
04-21-2010, 10:00 PM
I'll tell what's not to like about this guy; he won't be a Chief because we have a "guru-genious" who wants to prove he can make chicken shit out of a chicken salad draft opportunity.

Everyone wants him, but in your heart of hearts, you know Pioli is going to screw the pooch.I don't know... I'm not convinced he's an idiot yet.

philfree
04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Dion Sanders walked the walk.......Berry could be smarter than that.

PhilFree:arrow:

BIG K
04-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Dion Sanders walked the walk.......Berry could be smarter than that.

PhilFree:arrow:

True but, I do not remember DS hitting people. Can this Berry kid that you speak of hit people?

:D

Fritz88
04-22-2010, 01:23 AM
I have been wanting this Player and now I want him more. God please make this happen. Please.

big nasty kcnut
04-22-2010, 01:34 AM
I want him cause he look like a killer. If not him then clausen will do.

BIG K
04-22-2010, 01:41 AM
I want cause he look like a killer. If not him then clausen will do.

ok, I will buy that. But at what point, in the farthest stretch of the imagination, (you basing your pick on the look of a killer) does Claussen fit into this mold? If the guy was not in football, I see him modeling jeans or perhaps on a website denoting child molesters locations.....

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 01:57 AM
I just love Eric Berry, more and more every minute. I swear to god Pioli.....You better make the right call...

I don't even like the idea of trading down that much, because we won't have Berry if we trade down.

crazycoffey
04-22-2010, 02:33 AM
I wanted to like DS because he was a good athlete and playmaker, but I never like his teams that much so it's almost like wanting to like horseface for the same reasons. not going to happen, besides what pissed me off the most about DS is how he ran with the ball in one hand. I don't know why, maybe the sound of an old coach in my head yelling at someone for being that careless with the rock....

Berry, I like him the most in the draft actually.

KCrockaholic
04-22-2010, 02:36 AM
I doubt most Chiefs fans know this, but Deion Sanders was drafted by the Royals, and he lived in KC for a while as a teenager.

big nasty kcnut
04-22-2010, 03:02 AM
Well clausen got a great qb mind and excel in his position.

Coach
04-22-2010, 06:05 AM

Shit, the fruity bastard couldn't even make a tackle if his life depended on it.

Coach
04-22-2010, 06:05 AM
I doubt most Chiefs fans know this, but Deion Sanders was drafted by the Royals, and he lived in KC for a while as a teenager.

Big whop. Don't care.

InChiefsHell
04-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Shit, the fruity bastard couldn't even make a tackle if his life depended on it.

I remember one time where he went in for a timid attempt at a low hit on someone, and the guy tried to leap over him. DS hit him in the leg as he flew over his head, and the tackle was made. And I think it was Madden who had an orgasm talking about how the myth of DS not hitting people should be disproven after this big hit...and I'm thinking...he didn't actually do anything, the runner really made the tackle for him...

...yeah, DS was a phenom athlete, but he was a pussy when it came to contact...which is why he was such a great returner...dude was afraid to take a hit...

Micjones
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
The two of them just hashed it out on national television (NFL Network).

wazu
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
The two of them just hashed it out on national television (NFL Network).

Yeah, Berry kind of tarnished it by saying he also had a wounded vag about Rod Woodson for not being there on time tonight to walk him down the aisle. (Woodson's flight was delayed.)

Micjones
04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, Berry kind of tarnished it by saying he also had a wounded vag about Rod Woodson for not being there on time tonight to walk him down the aisle. (Woodson's flight was delayed.)

He also admitted that Sanders really didn't exactly deny him an autograph.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
God fuck this franchise if we don't take Berry or Clausen.

Micjones
04-22-2010, 06:26 PM
God fuck this franchise if we don't take Berry or Clausen.

If we trade down, get good value, take an Earl Thomas and a Jerry Hughes I can live with that decision.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-22-2010, 06:41 PM
If we trade down, get good value, take an Earl Thomas and a Jerry Hughes I can live with that decision.

Have you noticed which position seems to be getting taken at #1 overall lately?????

HELLO???? MCFLY CHIEFS FANS?!?!?!?

rtmike
04-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Except that he made it known to his agent prior to the draft that the Chiefs were one of a few that he did not want to play for.

I heard him say it on NFLN here a while back.