PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Smack Talk & Chiefs Bashing Already Started in Houston

T-post Tom
04-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Ouch! You can email the author at richard.justice@chron.com

Texans need to finish deal in 2010
By RICHARD JUSTICE

There it sits all alone, a game unlike the others. Join me in welcoming the Kansas City Chiefs to Reliant Stadium on Oct. 17.

Say hello to your guaranteed victory. This is the one and only game on the 2010 schedule that looks like a dead-solid, no-questions-asked victory for our Texans.

How's that for a cold slap in the kisser? Of course, you'll immediately focus on the other 15 games. Always worrying about what you don't have instead of what you do.

Real fans would take that guaranteed victory and savor it. That's one more than the Lions and Chiefs have, so there. Why look for trouble?

I've got the Texans favored in just six games, which doesn't mean they're going to win only six. It just means they've got a brutal schedule, but so does every other team.

That's especially true after the open week, when the Texans play six of nine on the road in a stretch that includes road games against the Eagles, Jets and Colts and home games against three playoff contenders: Chargers, Titans and Ravens.

If the Texans have their usual slow start, they're in deep trouble if you define deep trouble as, “Oh no, Mr. McNair is going to fire us all.” Gary Kubiak's teams are 3-10 in September and 14-6 in December and January. This would be a good year to reverse that trend.

Plenty of talent
Now for the good news. The Texans are good enough to go 16-0. If you're ranking the NFL's 32 teams today, there are only five — Saints, Colts, Vikings, Cowboys and Patriots — clearly better than the Texans.

The Jets, Ravens, Packers and Chargers might be better, and so might the Bengals, Eagles, Steelers, Falcons and Panthers. But the Texans are a good team, possibly a really good team.

And it's no longer strictly a talent issue. It's about staying healthy and closing out games and doing the things champions do.

Maybe that's why this offseason has been so quiet. The Texans can use help at running back and cornerback and safety, but their real substantive improvement needs to come from within.

They need Mario Williams to play better than he did last season. It's not about sack totals, either. It's about making plays with the game on the line, about keeping opposing offensive coordinators up nights worrying about stopping him on third-and-7. Great defensive ends are born by making those plays.

And the Texans need to play an entire season under defensive coordinator Frank Bush the way they played the last 12 games last season.

They need Matt Schaub to cut down on those killer mistakes. He made one against Arizona and another against Indianapolis. If had one of those throws back, the Texans might have gone to the playoffs.

Of course, if the Texans can become a better running team, opposing defenses won't be able to focus only on stopping the passing game.

The Texans need to make the block or the run that gets a critical yard. Had they made two more 1-yard runs at the right time last season, they might have gone to the playoffs.

The Texans have evolved nicely over the last four years, from a 2-14 mess to 8-8 respectable to, finally, a 9-7 winner. Now they need to make another difficult step. They need to be able to close the deal, to play with one heartbeat, to make The Play that frequently is the difference between winning and losing.

They're oh-so-close to being really good. They lost games by 3, 3, 5, 7, 7 and 8 points last season. Other than a loss to the Jets, every loss was about mistakes and misplays. Only the Jets were obviously better.

Something intangible
One more play at the right time would have put the Texans in the playoffs. A handful of plays would have made them an elite team.

They also won games by 3, 3, 3 and 7 points. That's nine of 16 games decided by 7 points or fewer. The NFL is a high-wire act of 100-hour workweeks often coming down to a single play on Sunday. What a way to live. No wonder coaches burn out.

Maybe this is a natural progress from where the franchise was four years ago. Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak overhauled the roster from top to bottom, and they've added talent across the board.

What they need to add now can't be measured, timed or wunderliched. What they need is what all championship teams have. It's about finishing the deal.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/justice/6969720.html

The Bad Guy
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Big talk from a team that has done nothing ever.

Count Alex's Losses
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
That game looks like a loss, but fuck Dick Justice anyway.

KCtotheSB
04-21-2010, 09:30 PM
We play Houston in Week 6.

Their annual "turn it around too late to make a playoff push, but will certainly make them a dark horse pick for next season" winning streak doesn't occur until much later in the season.

Buck
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Pollard is looking for payback.

Maybe he'll knock out Castle for good and you guys will be better off.

notorious
04-21-2010, 09:32 PM
The are the Switzerland of the NFL.

Who gives a fuck what they think. They are average, and we all know what that leads to.

Ebolapox
04-21-2010, 09:35 PM
fuck you, houston.

Baconeater
04-21-2010, 09:35 PM
They shouldn't even exist. Them and Cleveland both, they lost their fucking teams. And what a fucking retarded nickname, the fucking Texans. Who was the asswipe that gave the go-ahead for that one.

CaliforniaChief
04-21-2010, 09:37 PM
They shouldn't even exist. Them and Cleveland both, they lost their ****ing teams. And what a ****ing retarded nickname, the ****ing Texans. Who was the asswipe that gave the go-ahead for that one.

LMAO

Saul Good
04-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Here's my prediction for the Texans...somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. That was my pick for 2009, and it will be my pick for 2011.

CaliforniaChief
04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F6WZ6kgorYE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F6WZ6kgorYE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

OnTheWarpath58
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I don't really see the issue here.

If the shoe was on the other foot, and we were the team with a shit-ton of talent, playing an impossible schedule, with a game against a really weak team on it, we'd all be saying the same thing.

National perspective is that this team sucks.

Hell, last night on NFLN, they were talking about which game would Sam Bradford's first win come in assuming he's drafted by STL.

Everyone gave one of two answers.

Raiders in Week 2, or not until Chiefs in Week 15.

Until this team proves it on the field, they aren't going to get respect.

Der Flöprer
I hope we beat their asses. Dick can get a little justice.

notorious
Didn't Seinfeld make an episode that epitomizes the Texans?

Even Steven.

Dayze
04-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Big talk from a team that has done nothing ever.

we're not that far behind; still living on the 69 season and the 90's.....

:(

rtmike
04-21-2010, 09:59 PM
I tried following the link.

Is this guy is writer for a paper? Hell the KC media may be tough to read but they don't get all full of themselves like this crackerhead.

HemiEd
04-21-2010, 10:20 PM
They shouldn't even exist. Them and Cleveland both, they lost their ****ing teams. And what a ****ing retarded nickname, the ****ing Texans. Who was the asswipe that gave the go-ahead for that one.

Yeah, the Oilers were relevant, they had some history. The Texans not so much.

Dayze
04-21-2010, 10:30 PM
...loved the Olilers; cool franchise; Bum Phillips; Campbell; Moon/MCnair...

now they're the "Titans"...or as Fax says "The flaming Thumbtacks".

Oilers were way cooler than the titans and Texans combined.

Chocolate Hog
04-21-2010, 10:31 PM
This dumbass is on ESPN sometimes so that tells you he doesn't know much.

Consistent1
04-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Ah...who cares? Maybe the Chiefs can upset them. The article isn't bad, and really makes a lot of good points about the team being unpredictable as hell on top of a tough schedule.
Posted via Mobile Device

HemiEd
04-21-2010, 10:35 PM

The Warren Moon record setting "run and shoot" game against the Chiefs, still hurts.

Wasn't it Curly Culp that went from the Chiefs to the Oilers?

scorpio
04-21-2010, 10:43 PM

Is this guy is writer for a paper?

http://topbanana.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/confused.jpg

Dayze
04-21-2010, 10:55 PM
The Warren Moon record setting "run and shoot" game against the Chiefs, still hurts.

not sure.
I was always a chiefs fan but too young to remember a lot of the good years; was in CA from 96-00 and started following them closely after 00.

I just rember Haywood Jeffires on O; and the House of Pain on D.

Plus....on oil rig on a helmet is pretty f*cking cool in my book.
:D

T-post Tom
04-21-2010, 10:55 PM

Is this guy is writer for a paper? Hell the KC media may be tough to read but they don't get all full of themselves like this crackerhead.

Yeah, he's a regular columnist and the link is now broken. They must be doing some editing at the Chronicle. (Ya hear that KC star?) You can google the first line of the story and see the same link.

milkman
04-21-2010, 10:56 PM

Yes

PunkinDrublic
04-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I didn't know Mecca was a columnist.

KCrockaholic
04-21-2010, 11:22 PM
I love how every damn year this dumbass on the colorado springs news station, says "you can write the Chiefs down as 2 wins for the Broncos." He's such a fuckin idiot.

rtmike
04-22-2010, 12:25 AM
http://topbanana.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/confused.jpg

Yeah, no shit. So much for proof reading, I prolly still would have missed it. :doh!:

Slainte
04-22-2010, 02:13 AM
I think the Oily Texans want a lot of credit for going 14-6 in December and January...

Monty
04-22-2010, 04:02 AM

Heh, technically, it was Lamar Hunt.... :doh!:

big nasty kcnut
04-22-2010, 05:35 AM
I hate Houston fuck them in the asshole mother fucking dick monkey i hate Houston.

blaise
04-22-2010, 05:49 AM
Every team in the league, outside of the Raiders, that plays the Chiefs next year is thinking the same thing.

And Richard Justice won't care if you email him. He gets a hundred emails like that when he cracks on A&M or Texas Tech in his columns.

angelo
04-22-2010, 07:32 AM
I am flying down to Houston for that game.

Ang

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 07:53 AM
we're not that far behind; still living on the 69 season and the 90's.....

:(

Superbowl = something

Baby Lee
04-22-2010, 07:58 AM

It is CP canon that FAX is indeed a wise Latina woman, but I believe that appellation belongs to Easterbrook.

Warrior5
04-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Piss on Dick Justice.

otherstar
04-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Richard Justice is a dumbass. I hear him on the radio from time to time, I've met him, read his column, etc. He's a dumbass. The only writer in Houston that knows anything about the NFL is John McClain (I've met him as well) and I haven't heard him say anything unbalanced about either team.

To whomever commented on the name of the Texans, remember the Chiefs started out as the Dallas Texans and Lamar Hunt did give permission to the league and the team to use that name...they interviewed him on local TV around the time the name of the team was announced.

blaise
04-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Richard Justice is a dumbass. I hear him on the radio from time to time, I've met him, read his column, etc. He's a dumbass. The only writer in Houston that knows anything about the NFL is John McClain (I've met him as well) and I haven't heard him say anything unbalanced about either team.

To whomever commented on the name of the Texans, remember the Chiefs started out as the Dallas Texans and Lamar Hunt did give permission to the league and the team to use that name...they interviewed him on local TV around the time the name of the team was announced.

I wouldn't say he's a dumbass. He's a good baseball writer.

milkman
04-22-2010, 08:59 AM

Actually the original Dallas Texans played in the NFL in '51, and later were bought by Carroll Roesnbloom who moved them to Baltomore and renamed them the Colts.

blaise
04-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Justice is actually on the radio right now on a station in Houston 1560 KGOW. I listen to it quite a bit. I emailed them and told them some Chiefs fans were mad at him. Justice was just like: well, of all the games, that's the game the Texans will be favored by the most points. That's the game they're most likely to win.