PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft *****OFFICIAL 2010 NFL Draft Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm not a fan of the Arenas pick. Why was it great? What did you see that I haven't? Because I admittedly don't know a lot about the guy.

all I have seen with this kid is he makes plays...I hear he's Devin Hester with an actual position (and intelligence)...

same thing kind of happened with Flowers...he fell because he was short and didn't run well...

If Arenas posts a better 40 time, he goes way, way higher...

I think height for cornerbacks is vastly overrated and if you're running a sub 4.6 40 that's fast enough...all that is is track speed...there is a difference between track speed and football speed and all of the highlights I watched of Arenas his speed and quickness jumps out at me...especially on those returns...

guys like Dante Hall were great returners because of acceleration, agility, and the ability to make cuts without losing speed...not because they run 4.2 40s

'Hamas' Jenkins
Although I wasn't a huge fan of the McClain pick, the Raiders have had a phenomenal Thursday-Saturday.

The Raiders have a legit chance to win 10 games next year.

|Zach|
This all stems from the fact that Hootie, Zach, and all of these n00bs feel persecuted throughout the season when the team gets its ass kicked. Thus, they can use threads like this as vengeance, since they can't yet see the players on the field and can then project their "hope" as being fact.

Or the guy your whole group was stroking eachother for and wanted at 5 dropped to 48.

Your master plan would have been to take a guy at 5 that 32 teams passed over at least once...some of them twice...at least 8 of those teams needing QB help.

How many Claussen threads did we have to go through this offseason?

Yet when the actual draft comes around its clownshoes for the whole group, probably because all those teams knew something we don't.

Which is my main point in this whole process. Why deal with such dramatic absolutes.

aturnis
04-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Cameron Sheffield

Read & React: A disciplined defender who understands his containment responsibilities and has enough quickness, lateral agility and strength to stretch the runner wide. Good burst upfield as a pass rusher, but quickly recognizes the screen and draw, showing the ability to re-direct inside. Grabs hold of the back on the screen and kills the play. Improved his recognition of passing lanes and the impact he can have by getting his hands up as a senior, recording a career-high six PBUs.

Run defense: Lacks the bulk to remain at defensive end full-time in the NFL, but is stronger than his size might suggest. Plays with good pad level and has the strength in his upper and lower to stack and shed the block. Surprising lateral agility to elude blockers in space. Breaks down well and has a burst to change directions and better straight-line speed than he’s given credit for. Good hustle downfield.

Pass defense: Was rarely asked to drop back into coverage while at Troy, but proved surprisingly nimble and alert as an outside linebacker at the Senior Bowl. High in his backpedal, but was smoother than expected turning and showed good straight-line speed to trail the tight end down the sideline. Raw, but has some legitimate upside here.

Tackling: Shows the body control to handle the transition to linebacker. Breaks down well in space for a career defensive end, showing the patience and quick feet to tackle elusive ballcarriers on the edge. Good size and strength to take down bigger ballcarriers. Prefers to wrap up securely and will do so when he can, but will use his long arms to trip up the ballcarrier when forced to make the diving attempt.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Not surprisingly, one of his better areas. Though he doesn’t possess a truly explosive burst out of his three-point stance, he does have the quick step to force the tackle back on his heels and the agility to re-direct inside. Good strength for the bull-rush. Has shown a great deal of improvement throughout his career in terms of getting his hands up in the passing lanes — posting one PBU in 2007, three in 2008 and six in 2009 …

Intangibles: Shy and reserved. A very humble and team-oriented player that the coaches rave about. Will have to have his wrist checked out at the Combine after breaking it during a pick-up basketball game prior to the 2008 season.

BigMeatballDave
I'm trying concentrate on Berry, and how much Denver gave up to get Tebow...LMAO

|Zach|
this.

my god its like talking to a brick wall......... well its almost 3 am here. im of to bed.. im sure ill relive the horrible picks in my nightmares....

With posts like this and all the talk about how much people start drinking because of the Chiefs draft...

It is hilarious.

OleMissCub
04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
Arenas was a really scary guy to go up against every year. The phrase "playmaker" is often thrown around, but he really is that type of guy. I don't know how he fits on the Chiefs, but he's another guy that I'd rather have on my team than playing against me. Again, is he a mid 2nd round guy? I dunno.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUR4nLYlQtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUR4nLYlQtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Flopnuts
all I have seen with this kid is he makes plays...I hear he's Devin Hester with an actual position (and intelligence)...

same thing kind of happened with Flowers...he fell because he was short and didn't run well...

If Arenas posts a better 40 time, he goes way, way higher...

I think height for cornerbacks is vastly overrated and if you're running a sub 4.6 40 that's fast enough...all that is is track speed...there is a difference between track speed and football speed and all of the highlights I watched of Arenas his speed and quickness jumps out at me...especially on those returns...

guys like Dante Hall were great returners because of acceleration, agility, and the ability to make cuts without losing speed...not because they run 4.2 40s

Couldn't Charles, or McCluster be dynamic kick returners? If you already have guys that can be awesome kick returners, and you have a team full of holes, why draft a special teams guy in the 2nd round?

Is this guy going to play defense for us or what? Can he cover?

|Zach|
you flip flop on everything....it doesn't give you grounds to criticize anyone for anything...

i can't understand why anyone would care what you think?

You seem like you are in a position to answer this question, no?

the Talking Can
Or the guy your whole group was stroking eachother for and wanted at 5 dropped to 48.

Your master plan would have been to take a guy at 5 that 32 teams passed over at least once...some of them twice...at least 8 of those teams needing QB help.

Yet when the actual draft comes around its clownshoes for the whole group, probably because all those teams knew something we don't.

Which is my main point in this whole process. Why deal with such dramatic absolutes.

who forced you to read any of those threads?

you're actually claiming to be a victim of a message board?

Bootlegged
04-24-2010, 11:27 AM
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fdg5GstXglw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fdg5GstXglw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

OnTheWarpath58
Although I wasn't a huge fan of the McClain pick, the Raiders have had a phenomenal Thursday-Saturday.

They've done a really good job this weekend, and no longer have the worst starting QB in the division.

Short Leash Hootie
The Eagles are absolutely killing the draft.

so what does that say about Dexter McCluster?

They wanted him when we took him and they already have Jackson/Maclin and McCoy...

Clearly he was their BPA, too...since they didn't have a need for him.

I'm just so surprised that people aren't totally happy with the McCluster pick up...the dude can be like a hybrid Welker/Desean Jackson/Jamaal Charles kind of player...

the Talking Can
You seem like you are in a position to answer this question, no?

i know the answer

i'm wondering what he thinks

Dylan
04-24-2010, 11:28 AM
guys, i don't want to take away from your conversations

in one line -- how did the giants do in this year's draft?

i don't like the fact that they would take a reach in the first round -- that's all -- i don't know college players, though so... it's all a crap-shoot

TIA

Chiefnj2
I'm just so surprised that people aren't totally happy with the McCluster pick up...the dude can be like a hybrid Welker/Desean Jackson/Jamaal Charles kind of player...

Show me one person who said "Boy, I hope like hell we take McCluster with the 36th pick."

Anybody defending the pick is rationalizing it.

doomy3
Kerry Meier to the Falcons

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Falcons take Kerry Meier

|Zach|
who forced you to read any of those threads?

you're actually claiming to be a victim of a message board?

This is a community I enjoy and have enjoyed for a long time. There are elements of it that I find annoying at times.

You are doing a great job calling me out for being someone who complains about other posters right now. ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
Arenas was a really scary guy to go up against every year. The phrase "playmaker" is often thrown around, but he really is that type of guy. I don't know how he fits on the Chiefs, but he's another guy that I'd rather have on my team than playing against me. Again, is he a mid 2nd round guy? I dunno.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUR4nLYlQtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kUR4nLYlQtM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Love that interception at the :40 or so mark. Didn't give up on the play and straight up stole the ball.

tk13
Kerry Meier to the Falcons! Matt Ryan AND Tony Gonzalez better watch their back.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Which is why I bitched endlessly about the Berry selection.

Also, go back and check and see how many Clausen threads I started.

Funny, when the actual draft comes around, we have a much better grasp on who will do well and who won't.

If we are wearing "clown shoes" then why is it that the teams that always draft the best seem to acquire the players that we want.

I'd like to know the answer to that one.

the Talking Can
Show me one person who said "Boy, I hope like hell we take McCluster with the 36th pick."

hootie wanted clausen

he's pretending to like the pick

doomy3
04-24-2010, 11:30 AM

I never said that the Chiefs should take him, but I did say that I thought he was a high second round pick in the CP mock draft thread.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM
At 5:00 yesterday, would anyone on this entire website have said that McCluster is Wes Welker, Desean Jackson, or Jamaal Charles?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 11:31 AM

Honestly, I'm going to do my best to rationalize every pick. It's hard being a fan if you can't get behind the players.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2010, 11:32 AM
so what does that say about Dexter McCluster?

They wanted him when we took him and they already have Jackson/Maclin and McCoy...

Clearly he was their BPA, too...since they didn't have a need for him.

You keep going back to this as if it were fact.

If you really think they were going to take McCluster over Nate Allen, you've proven you know nothing about the draft.

the Talking Can
This is a community I enjoy and have enjoyed for a long time. There are elements of it that I find annoying at times.

You are doing a great job calling me out for being someone who complains about other posters right now. ROFL

yeah, i've got you pegged

you sit around reading posts by people you claim to hate and then complain about being a victim of their posts...then instead of discussing the draft you show up to tell everyone how much you hate said posters and thier opinions...how unfair it is you have to be victimized by football opinions...

yeah, you're about an inch deep

OnTheWarpath58
At 5:00 yesterday, would anyone on this entire website have said that McCluster is Wes Welker, Desean Jackson, or Jamaal Charles?

Absoutely not, and anyone who says yes is blatantly lying.

the Talking Can
04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I never said that the Chiefs should take him, but I did say that I thought he was a high second round pick in the CP mock draft thread.

then you honestly deserve kudos

tk13
LMAO Matt Millen apologizing for saying pollock.

Short Leash Hootie

of course you think this...

the guy they got in the 100s you would have taken in the teens had you had the opportunity...

and why did he fall?

because he didn't look good on tape...

you base your opinions off of measurables and word of mouth rather than actual "I sat here and watched him play and formed my own opinion!"

That's why I find you all so pathetic...

You claim to know this and that, this and that, and no, you don't cherrypick this stuff...but you do! It's IMPOSSIBLE to know what you think you know unless you're being paid to do it 100 hours a week...

which is why every year in the mock draft you fuck something up...hilariously.

You took god damn Vernon Gholston 1st overall for the Dolphins when they were in dire need of both a QB and a LT...you passed on Matt Ryan and Jake Long (because they weren't FREAKS like Gholston)...you took Clausen #1 rather than Bradford...and then he goes #48...

You took Campbell in the early 20s and try and had we taken him at 5, I guarantee, while you would have been disappointed, you would have been along the lines of..."well at least we didn't take Okung!"

You really would have...after the combine you thought he warranted a top 10 pick...

and you act like you didn't, but you were all like "he was a major winner!" because your TV buddies said the same thing and look what happened...he was passed on 105 times before he went to one of the dumbest organizations that seems to only be interested in a players measurables (which is why they continue to suck every year and take guys like Russell and Heyward-Bey)...

The sooner you realize that you don't know more than any other message board diehard, the better...for ALL of us.

tk13
04-24-2010, 11:34 AM
That may have been the most awkward moment in draft history.

|Zach|
04-24-2010, 11:35 AM
yeah, i've got you pegged

you sit around reading posts by people you claim to hate and then complain about being a victim of their posts...then instead of discussing the draft you show up to tell everyone how much you hate said posters and thier opinions...how unfair it is you have to be victimized by football opinions...

yeah, you're about an inch deep

The only way you have me pegged is from making up things I have not said in your fantasy land.

You are exactly like a woman. Making up an argument and declaring yourself the winner of it.

Meanwhile you are criticizing me for obsession over posters and complaining about them when you have been doing that same exact thing humping my leg last night and today all over these threads.

The Talking Can - pussy and hypocrite.

Dylan
eagles are an excellent in-season team... period. coaches fault? i don't know -- seems to be -- then maybe not --

KCrockaholic
San Diego got a possible sleeper in Crompton.

philfree
I don't understand...

When we first drafted McCluster...I was pissed. And then I thought about it...and realized it was actually a very good pick...and then I was happy.

As for Meachem...meh. Interchangeable piece of an offense where any receiver could go and be productive (IMO, of course)...

I wasn't pissed but I was suprised. I new who McCluster was and what he was and I got excited. Was he on my radar as a Chiefs pick? No. But he'll have a clear role.

PhilFree:arrow:

doomy3
04-24-2010, 11:36 AM
That may have been the most awkward moment in draft history.

No kidding.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 11:36 AM
What happened? I missed it.

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2010, 11:37 AM
The NFL Network guys love KC's draft. Gave it an A to A-

Lots of love coming from the pundits.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
you guys don't get the fucking point!

OF COURSE NO ONE THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO GO TO KC AT #36...

DRR!

That's not what I'm saying...

I was disgusted when I heard his name rather than Jimmy Clausens...truly.

BUT THEN...after it had already been done...

I went and started researching our newest addition...quickly realized he was drafted to play the Wes Welker role, and then started to see what PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE SPENT TIME WATCHING THE KID FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS had to say about him...

he's a more athletically gifted player than Wes Welker...can he make that transition to full time slot receiver? Can he run routes like Welker? Does he have the character to let Haley help him become that type of guy?

Who knows...

But I like our chances.

I think he's going to be a fan favorite within 2 games next year...he's a great pick...great character guy who loves football and is incredibly good at it...the tape doesn't lie...I would not be shocked ONE BIT if he had 80 receptions next year and was a rookie of the year candidate...not one bit.

tk13
04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
What happened? I missed it.

Matt Millen is at some remote location, I think in PA. He was bantering back and forth with Jaws a while back and made a comment about him being a pollock from Buffalo. That's paraphrased, but something to that effect.

Well they just came back from break... and it was a wide shot of Millen sitting on a stool, alone. And he awkwardly apologized for making a remark that may have offended people of Polish decent. It was so awkward I can't do it justice.

doomy3
04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
i really think Dexter McCluster would be a great pickup.

Yeah, I'm very intrigued by him. Could be a poor man's CJ Spiller.

Dylan
LMAO Andy Reid... LMAO

OleMissCub
Kinda surprised Greg Hardy is still on the board. I know he has some injury and character concerns....but dude is a beast.

the Talking Can
Matt Millen is at some remote location, I think in PA. He was bantering back and forth with Jaws a while back and made a comment about him being a pollock from Buffalo. That's paraphrased, but something to that effect.

Well they just came back from break... and it was a wide shot of Millen sitting on a stool, alone. And he awkwardly apologized for making a remark that may have offended people of Polish decent. It was so awkward I can't do it justice.

ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Absoutely not, and anyone who says yes is blatantly lying.

well...

we have Jamaal Charles, a 23 year old running back with superstar ability...and Thomas Jones...

CLEARLY we weren't drafting him to carry the ball...

So then you have to start thinking why the selection was made...and what the history of the people making the selection was...

and then you think about New England...

and then you think about what that offense did when Wes Welker arrived...

and then you think about them taking McCluster...

and then you say...hey, I get it! They think he can be Wes Welker!

and then you go look at his body of work, read what his fans have to say about him, read what the "experts" think...

and then what do you know! You realize...hey...that is a good pick.

Is that such a tough concept for you morons to understand?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 11:41 AM
of course you think this...

the guy they got in the 100s you would have taken in the teens had you had the opportunity...

and why did he fall?

because he didn't look good on tape...

you base your opinions off of measurables and word of mouth rather than actual "I sat here and watched him play and formed my own opinion!"

That's why I find you all so pathetic...

You claim to know this and that, this and that, and no, you don't cherrypick this stuff...but you do! It's IMPOSSIBLE to know what you think you know unless you're being paid to do it 100 hours a week...

which is why every year in the mock draft you fuck something up...hilariously.

You took god damn Vernon Gholston 1st overall for the Dolphins when they were in dire need of both a QB and a LT...you passed on Matt Ryan and Jake Long (because they weren't FREAKS like Gholston)...you took Clausen #1 rather than Bradford...and then he goes #48...

You took Campbell in the early 20s and try and had we taken him at 5, I guarantee, while you would have been disappointed, you would have been along the lines of..."well at least we didn't take Okung!"

You really would have...after the combine you thought he warranted a top 10 pick...

and you act like you didn't, but you were all like "he was a major winner!" because your TV buddies said the same thing and look what happened...he was passed on 105 times before he went to one of the dumbest organizations that seems to only be interested in a players measurables (which is why they continue to suck every year and take guys like Russell and Heyward-Bey)...

The sooner you realize that you don't know more than any other message board diehard, the better...for ALL of us.

Hootie, I know significantly more than you, and your inability to acknowledge that is weakness only on your part. I'm sorry you want a participation ribbon for posting endlessly in a thread when you don't watch college football at all.

I realize you're stupid. That's why it's taken you almost a decade to get through a shitty state school.

And the sooner you realize that, and shut your fucking mouth, the better...for ALL of us.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 11:41 AM

LMAO Millen has those moments every day in his life I'm sure.

doomy3
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
LMAO Millen has those moments every day in his life I'm sure.

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
you guys don't get the fucking point!

OF COURSE NO ONE THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO GO TO KC AT #36...

DRR!

That's not what I'm saying...

I was disgusted when I heard his name rather than Jimmy Clausens...truly.

BUT THEN...after it had already been done...

I went and started researching our newest addition...quickly realized he was drafted to play the Wes Welker role, and then started to see what PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY HAVE SPENT TIME WATCHING THE KID FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS had to say about him...

he's a more athletically gifted player than Wes Welker...can he make that transition to full time slot receiver? Can he run routes like Welker? Does he have the character to let Haley help him become that type of guy?

Who knows...

But I like our chances.

I think he's going to be a fan favorite within 2 games next year...he's a great pick...great character guy who loves football and is incredibly good at it...the tape doesn't lie...I would not be shocked ONE BIT if he had 80 receptions next year and was a rookie of the year candidate...not one bit.

No, we get the point. It's called revisionist history, relativism, and rationalization.

That doesn't make your insight correct, it makes it patently wrong and completely hypocritical.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 11:43 AM

Good to hear.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Hootie, I know significantly more than you, and your inability to acknowledge that is weakness only on your part. I'm sorry you want a participation ribbon for posting endlessly in a thread when you don't watch college football at all.

I realize you're stupid. That's why it's taken you almost a decade to get through a shitty state school.

And the sooner you realize that, and shut your ****ing mouth, the better...for ALL of us.

you don't know more than me...not at all...not about the draft, not about the Chiefs...and that isn't even important...

You watching one or two college football games per week doesn't make you some sort of expert.

OleMissCub
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
How does Millen even have a job? Seems like any credibility he ever had is LONG gone.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 11:46 AM
No, we get the point. It's called revisionist history, relativism, and rationalization.

That doesn't make your insight correct, it makes it patently wrong and completely hypocritical.

ROFL

So if they don't take a player that you think they should take...no matter who they take, it's a bad pick?

Hysterical.

McCluster wasn't on any Chiefs fans radar...everyone knows that.

Now...

He was selected...and you're telling me analyzing the pick and determining it was a good pick is somehow "revisionist history"?

Uhm...what?

He hasn't played a down for the Chiefs...

Now in a year when he has a huge season and everyone considers him one of the steals of the draft and you and your buddies are huge McCluster fans...

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 11:47 AM
too bad mecca and hamas weren't around doing their draft commentary when Jared Allen was drafted...

chiefs1111
49ers take anthony dixon

Mr. Plow

This can't be right.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 11:48 AM
and with that, I'm done...I have to work in 3 hours and need a nap more than anything in the world...

OnTheWarpath58
well...

we have Jamaal Charles, a 23 year old running back with superstar ability...and Thomas Jones...

CLEARLY we weren't drafting him to carry the ball...

So then you have to start thinking why the selection was made...and what the history of the people making the selection was...

and then you think about New England...

and then you think about what that offense did when Wes Welker arrived...

and then you think about them taking McCluster...

and then you say...hey, I get it! They think he can be Wes Welker!

and then you go look at his body of work, read what his fans have to say about him, read what the "experts" think...

and then what do you know! You realize...hey...that is a good pick.

Is that such a tough concept for you morons to understand?

"They" thought Mike Goff would be the answer at RG.

"They" thought the he was the only necessary move to help a terrible OL.

"They" thought that Mike Brown was worthy of a starting spot.

"They" sat our only offensive playmaker for the first 8 games, actually inactivating him once, only starting him because LJ gay slurred his way off the team.

"They" thought that Matt Cassel was a franchise QB.

"They" thought it wasn't necessary to upgrade the worst front 7 in the league.

"They" think a lot of things.

Forgive me for not slurping up everything "they" say and do as gospel.

'Hamas' Jenkins
you don't know more than me...not at all...not about the draft, not about the Chiefs...and that isn't even important...

You watching one or two college football games per week doesn't make you some sort of expert.

I absolutely do. The fact that you knew nothing of McCluster proves that fact.

I've discussed him multiple times on here before yesterday.

I realize that it's hard for you to acknowledge the fact that you are an incompetent failure at life, but the first step towards bettering yourself is to realize that you have a problem.

Ultimately, you didn't care what happened in this thread. You aren't here to discuss picks or argue about the Chiefs, because you honestly don't care about either one.

You are here to draw attention to yourself, because that is the fuel that drives you.

Your parents did a horrible fucking job creating someone so horribly self involved, but given your own tendencies, I can't imagine they are much better.

Ebolapox
04-24-2010, 11:49 AM
How does Millen even have a job? Seems like any credibility he ever had is LONG gone.

he was a decent to good analyst before he fucked over his credibility. he's a smart guy, just an example of the peter principle.

Dylan
04-24-2010, 11:50 AM
i love verizon's commerical -- nfl players dancing on the field -- its great

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2010, 11:50 AM
This can't be right.

I'm not kidding. Corey Chavous gave it an A- and Charles Davis gave it an A. Then Mack Brown talked about how Jamal Charles was the shit.

They liked Moeaki too.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 11:51 AM
You are here to draw attention to yourself, because that is the fuel that drives you.

ROFL

as evidenced by the first day when we took Eric Berry and I was just trying to draw attention to myself!

Fine.

If that's what I'm trying to do...

What were you and Mecca trying to do all of day 2? Not draw attention to yourselves?

Frosty
04-24-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't know if Arenas will ever make a decent CB but those return highlights are kind of exciting. No dancing around - just hit the hole and go. He should get a lot of experience with returns this year with no upgrades to NT or ILB.

It looks like he is also a good blitzer. He kind of looks like Benny Sapp with return skills.

As for the reach aspect, I am going to pretend that Asamoah was taken at 2b (ChiefsCountry took him at 59 in the CP mock) and Arenas in the 3rd (less of a reach there). :)

Just trying to find a silver lining.

Dylan
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
another team that drafts well -- the steelers

milkman

"They" sat our only offensive playmaker for the first 8 games, actually inactivating him once, only starting him because LJ gay slurred his way off the team.

Shut the hell up.

They know what they're doing.

I know this because Hootie and Zach told me so.

KCrockaholic
too bad mecca and hamas weren't around doing their draft commentary when Jared Allen was drafted...

"A long snapper!!! Mother Fuck you Carl!"

'Hamas' Jenkins
ROFL

as evidenced by the first day when we took Eric Berry and I was just trying to draw attention to myself!

Fine.

If that's what I'm trying to do...

What were you and Mecca trying to do all of day 2? Not draw attention to yourselves?

No, that's why we were discussing the football impacts of those moves, not switching what we believed in order to piss off people we didn't like.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Panthers take Greg Hardy

Short Leash Hootie
we're going to get an A by everyone not named Walter Football but we butchered the draft because Hamas Jenkins said so!

I will give it to you though...

You have an amazing influence over this board...probably because you just relentlessly pound your negativity into every single Chiefs related threads and people who mostly don't pay attention just have to agree by default.

Frosty
Carolina is having a good draft despite not having many high picks.

topher79
Falcons take Kerry Meier

Probably the best set of hands in the draft.

Mr. Laz
the drafturbators should be orgasmic ... we almost completely ignored the Oline and DLine just like they wanted.

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Probably the best set of hands in the draft.

Are you joking? LMAO

Ebolapox
"A long snapper!!! Mother Fuck you Carl!"

heh,that was roughly the reaction. he was a great 1-AA player (buck buchannan award winner), but none of us really had much hope for greatness. shows what we knew.

'Hamas' Jenkins
the drafturbators should be orgasmic ... we almost completely ignored the Oline and DLine just like they wanted.

I don't know of a single person who thought we didn't need a nose tackle, multiple backers, and a guy to the right of Albert.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Titans take Rusty Smith

OleMissCub
Niners just got a steal getting Dixon that late.

milkman

That's not what anyone ever ****ing said you useless dumbass.

Short Leash Hootie
No, that's why we were discussing the football impacts of those moves, not switching what we believed in order to piss off people we didn't like.

switching what we believed?!

What?

If we would have taken say...jon asomugha at 36 I would have been LIVID and remained that way since we passed on impact players...

the fact we took the guy the Eagles coveted and he has the ability to be a game changing playmaker for a team in need of one and a league that is built around guys like him makes me content with the fact the guy I wanted (Clausen) wasn't drafted by a team that has more inside information on him than anyone.

OnTheWarpath58
Carolina is having a good draft despite not having many high picks.

Chicago did well with their first two picks, considering they weren't until the 3rd and 4th rounds.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Browns take Carlton Mitchell

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 11:58 AM
good pick for the Browns

milkman
04-24-2010, 11:58 AM
I don't know of a single person who thought we didn't need a nose tackle, multiple backers, and a guy to the right of Albert.

And a center.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 11:59 AM
switching what we believed?!

What?.

Yeah.

Pimping Clausen, then laughing at others because he fell too far (and will make a lot of GMs look foolish).

Saying that you would be disgusted, then defending the pick like it's your Alamo.

Having no idea who the guy is, then comparing him to Desean Jackson, Wes Welker, and Jamaal Charles.

I'd say that qualifies.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:00 PM
heh,that was roughly the reaction. he was a great 1-AA player (buck buchannan award winner), but none of us really had much hope for greatness. shows what we knew.

I didn't have a reaction to it. But after pre-season his rookie year I was convinced the guy was special.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:00 PM
And a center.

What I meant by "to the right" was any non-LT OL.

Frosty
04-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Do people still think Harris could play Center?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Moats is a really good pick for the Bills. Small school player was an absolute animal..

Buffalo has done more to fix their 3-4 in one draft than we've done in two.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah.

Pimping Clausen, then laughing at others because he fell too far (and will make a lot of GMs look foolish).

Saying that you would be disgusted, then defending the pick like it's your Alamo.

Having no idea who the guy is, then comparing him to Desean Jackson, Wes Welker, and Jamaal Charles.

I'd say that qualifies.

ROFL

I find it hilarious.

How many Ole Miss games did you watch from start to beginning during Dexter McCluster's career?

Oh...

and...

before you answer...

Don't.

Because I know it's probably less than 5, maybe even less than 3.

and...

I did want Clausen.

But a lot of us, myself included, came to the conclusion that if the Chiefs REALLY didn't take him if he fell that late...someone knows something.

I'm done with it...

Don't even care...

I think Berry/McCluster and Arenas are great, impact making picks...

A draft.

Nap time.

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2010, 12:05 PM

so you dont think mccluster will play that role?
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:06 PM
Deji Karim. That guy is someone to watch.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:07 PM
so you dont think mccluster will play that role?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think he'll attempt to play that role. I don't think he'll even approach the impact of those players.

OleMissCub
04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
HAHA, Jevan Snead is still waiting by the phone. What a fucking fool he was for coming out early.

topher79
04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Are you joking? LMAO

Caught an ass load of balls at KU and did ol school with no gloves. Had what? Maybe 4-5 drops his entire career.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 12:10 PM
bears take Dan lefevour

Ari Chi3fs
04-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Still some great talent on the board.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 12:12 PM

Pretty much spot on. heck I defended Pioli all last offseason\season for some of these decisions but it is obvious now he is in way over his head.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
HAHA, Jevan Snead is still waiting by the phone. What a ****ing fool he was for coming out early.

He sucks ass. He's one of the worst QB's in this class.

JASONSAUTO
I think he'll attempt to play that role. I don't think he'll even approach the impact of those players.

ok why?
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
Still some great talent on the board.

Good for other teams.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:14 PM
ok why?
Posted via Mobile Device

He's gonna bring up his size.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Fuck you Denver

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 12:15 PM
donkeys take Olsen from ND

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Saccopoo must be making the decisions in Denver.

How many centers do you need?

milkman
04-24-2010, 12:17 PM

One more than we have.

So, one.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Is Myron Rolle gonna be drafted or what?

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 12:18 PM

Knowshit will be along shortly to tell us how this pick ensures Denver will be winning SB's for years to come.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Knowshit will be along shortly to tell us how this pick ensures Denver will be winning SB's for years to come.

2 centers and a guard in the same draft. Interesting.

I do like their additions at WR - other than the fact that our sub 6-foot CB's are going to have to cover two guys that are 6-3+ and run like deer.

chiefs1111
Seahawks take Anthony McCoy

L.A. Chieffan
FUCK, i wanted olsen bad. we need a fucking center jesus

OnTheWarpath58
Seahawks take Anthony McCoy

Wow.

They are just owning this weekend.

Reaper16
04-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Anthony McCoy is a steal at this round.

tk13
You laugh now, but when McDaniels unveils the triple center offense, you'll see. Three centers with three QB's on the field at all times.

chiefs1111
Has Selvie been taken yet???

OleMissCub
He sucks ass. He's one of the worst QB's in this class.

preaching to the choir. You'll come across lots of Rebels fans who are like "dont be hard on him! he won 18 games in two years for us!"

NO....Dexter McCluster won 18 games in two years for the Rebels.

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Caught an ass load of balls at KU and did ol school with no gloves. Had what? Maybe 4-5 drops his entire career.

ok he can catch. Too bad his body won't get open first.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:25 PM
ok why?
Posted via Mobile Device

Because he's not nearly as fast, he's smaller, and he's going to have to undergo a position change.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Dwyer, another awesome pick for a team that continually kicks ass in the draft.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 12:30 PM
good pick right there

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Dwyer is gone.

tk13
04-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah that was a perfect pick by the Steelers. This is also why they just don't give a crap and will whack you if you act out.

Reaper16
Damn. Eugene Sims was a guy I was looking at for UDFA. Good for him that he got drafted.

chiefs1111
lot of good players left,but of course the Chiefs had to trade their 6th rounders away for Andy Alleman and indookie....

Ari Chi3fs
04-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Dezmon Briscoe was smart to leave his Junior year! Good idea!!

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Briscoe really is a joke. He doesn't even know how to get a good release off the line.

Where is Myron Rolle!

tk13
04-24-2010, 12:35 PM
On ESPN's draftcast the AFC West is up... poll on who's had the best draft in the AFC West.

Right now the vote is:

Raiders 33%
Chiefs 32%
Broncos 24%
Chargers 11%

kcpasco
04-24-2010, 12:36 PM
On ESPN's draftcast the AFC West is up... poll on who's had the best draft in the AFC West.

Right now the vote is:

Raiders 33%
Chiefs 32%
Broncos 24%
Chargers 11%

Ya but according to Chiefs Planet its the worst draft ever
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaper16
04-24-2010, 12:37 PM

Right now the vote is:

Raiders 33%
Chiefs 32%
Broncos 24%
Chargers 11%
Plus the Jason Campbell trade. OAK now has the 2nd best QB in the division.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Dezmon Briscoe goes to the Bengals

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:38 PM
We did way better than people here are giving us credit for. It's kind of sad.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM
bills take Danny Batten

notorious
04-24-2010, 12:41 PM
We did way better than people here are giving us credit for. It's kind of sad.

This.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Starks is a perfect fit for Green Bay.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Packers with a nice pick taking James Starks

Dylan
04-24-2010, 12:43 PM
watching either ESPN or NFLN -- No, the biggest disadvantage Campbell had in Washington -- the Redskins have/had a very below average offensive line and could not protect him... end of story

Campbell could have / possibly have trouble running Shanahan's system of moving the qb all around

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
Harewood is another late riser. Absolutely monstrous guy who could be RT down the road if they ship out Gaither.

tk13
04-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Mel Kiper montage time.

Reaper16
Harewood is another late riser. Absolutely monstrous guy who could be RT down the road if they ship out Gaither.
I don't think that Harewood is going to amount to anything. He's just a body from what I've seen of his play.

Some team is going to get very good value on Tony Washington whenever he goes.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Antonio Brown, another solid pick by the Steelers.

chiefs1111
Steelers take Antonio Brown

tk13
04-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Antonio Brown can flat play.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Jamar Wall is a really good value pick. Good ball skills.

tk13
04-24-2010, 12:56 PM
You think we took some midgets... Texans just took Trindon Holliday.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 12:59 PM

Now that is a midget.

L.A. Chieffan
04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
2 to 1 odds we find out sometime during the year the coordinators had zero to slim input on selections and pioli did nearly all the picks

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Eagles take Charles Scott. great pick in this round

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 01:04 PM
2 to 1 odds we find out sometime during the year the coordinators had zero to slim input on selections and pioli did nearly all the picks

The Chiefs are 1 of 3 teams in the NFL where the GM has the final say on every single pick. Pioli had to approve all of them.

Frosty
Blount really killed himself with that punch.

AustinChief

I hope you are joking.

Other than Houston .. the rest are likely busts. I like Veldheer but he is a huge risk. Campbell... same.

Mark it down... Oakland's draft will go down as a failure in due time.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2010, 01:05 PM

Mel Kiper said as much yesterday.

OleMissCub
04-24-2010, 01:08 PM

http://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2009/02-21/hermanjohnson_400.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Round two was FAIL and can kiss my ass.

A fucking RB? Another fucking DB?

Congrats to Carolina for NOT having their heads up their asses, and congrats to FAILoli's intern for making sure the Man In Charge got his model airplane glue-fix before going on the clock.

And finally:

Motherfuck YOU, Scott FAILoli.

The Bad Guy
04-24-2010, 01:13 PM
If the Chiefs took Okung, I'd hate to see what this place looks like today.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 01:14 PM

Berry makes this draft everything.

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM

Thank God for Berry and Asomoah, or:

http://justsickshit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/castle-bravo-atomic-nuclear-bomb-test.JPG

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM

No shit.

But come on; am I the only person scratching their head about yesterday's transactions? I mean fuck me; I would have expected at least one O-line guy in there somewhere though ultimately I'm not complaining about THAT because the lack of said acquisition pretty much ensures Cassel's demise, but still...:hmmm:

AZChief
04-24-2010, 01:17 PM
The "experts" seem to really like what KC did...hope they're right.

Charles Davis and Corey Chavious on NFL Network graded the Chiefs draft as A- and A, respectively....

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Mel Kiper said as much yesterday.

He absolutely did. He looked disgusted about it too. Of course, that could've been McShay. He had that look on his face the whole day.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 01:18 PM
No shit.

But come on; am I the only person scratching their head about yesterday's transactions? I mean **** me; I would have expected at least one O-line guy in there somewhere though ultimately I'm not complaining about THAT because the lack of said acquisition pretty much ensures Cassel's demise, but still...:hmmm:

Uhh ever heard of Jon Asomoah?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:19 PM
No shit.

But come on; am I the only person scratching their head about yesterday's transactions? I mean fuck me; I would have expected at least one O-line guy in there somewhere though ultimately I'm not complaining about THAT because the lack of said acquisition pretty much ensures Cassel's demise, but still...:hmmm:

LMAO Not hardly. There's a few of us that are taking a beating over our vocal opinions of it.

Mr. Flopnuts
Uhh ever heard of Jon Asomoah?

Berry and Asamoah were AWESOME picks. I'm hoping for the best on the rest of them obviously.

chiefs1111
Panthers take Tony Pike,interesting

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Panthers take Tony Pike,interesting

Hmmm....IDK about that.

tk13
Tennessee takes Myron Rolle.

chiefs1111
Titans take Myron Rolle

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 01:22 PM
nice pick for them

Reaper16
04-24-2010, 01:22 PM
I hope you are joking.

Other than Houston .. the rest are likely busts. I like Veldheer but he is a huge risk. Campbell... same.

Mark it down... Oakland's draft will go down as a failure in due time.
I'm on the opposite end. I think Oakland had the best draft of the division. If Campbell and Veldheer play to potential then they will have two of the most athletic tackles in the NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2010, 01:23 PM
LMAO Not hardly. There's a few of us that are taking a beating over our vocal opinions of it.

I can only imagine that Weis was able to browbeat Peeholi in to a "2b, but he has to fall because we're not trading up"-scenario, and I can see him just going fucking ballistic when Carolina stepped up.

Oh well, more "Casseltainment" for 2010!!!! :facepalm:

Even the Great Weis will play hell trying to fix our beloved Hellen Keller...

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:25 PM
I just wanted to scream watching Linval Joseph, Daryl Washington, Jimmy Clausen, and Taylor Mays go off the board leading up to 50. It was such a disgusting moment.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Levi Brown is not a bad pick there for the Bills.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Bills take Levi Brown

Bane
04-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Just got back....So The Panthers take both Clausen and Pike?:spock: uhhhhhhh WTF?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I just wanted to scream watching Linval Joseph, Daryl Washington, Jimmy Clausen, and Taylor Mays go off the board leading up to 50. It was such a disgusting moment.

My wife got on my case yesterday, because when the McCluster pick was announced I screamed out

"Are you MOTHERFUCKING SERIOUS??!!"

doomy3
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM
I was hoping Levi Brown would fall out of this draft and that the Chiefs would try to sign him.

The Bad Guy
04-24-2010, 01:31 PM
He absolutely did. He looked disgusted about it too. Of course, that could've been McShay. He had that look on his face the whole day.

I have a hard time believing that the Chiefs didn't solicit the opinions of Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis when they were forming their draft boards.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Miami takes Chris McCoy...

OnTheWarpath58
04-24-2010, 01:32 PM
My wife got on my case yesterday, because when the McCluster pick was announced I screamed out

"Are you MOTHERFUCKING SERIOUS??!!"

Same here.

I let out a "YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME"

Next thing I know I hear the pitter-patter of feet on the level above me, with the wife telling me to "Tone it down, you knew they were going to fuck it up."

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:35 PM
I have a hard time believing that the Chiefs didn't solicit the opinions of Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis when they were forming their draft boards.

I'd be interested to know the opinion of Pats fans while they were building their dynasty. Of course, information wasn't readily available back then like it is now so maybe it's a moot point.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Same here.

I let out a "YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME"

Next thing I know I hear the pitter-patter of feet on the level above me, with the wife telling me to "Tone it down, you knew they were going to fuck it up."

LMAO

ROFL That's funny. I was talking to my wife about it, and she said "Again?"

doomy3
04-24-2010, 01:37 PM
I'd be interested to know the opinion of Pats fans while they were building their dynasty. Of course, information wasn't readily available back then like it is now so maybe it's a moot point.

Most of the Pats fans that posted here last year said this very thing would happen and it happened during their drafts. They always said that you would leave drafts trying to figure out what the fuck they were doing, but that they ended up liking the results.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Most of the Pats fans that posted here last year said this very thing would happen and it happened during their drafts. They always said that you would leave drafts trying to figure out what the **** they were doing, but that they ended up liking the results.

Which is why some of the retards in here today need to tone it down. Their panties are so scrunched.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Bills take Kyle Calloway

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Most of the Pats fans that posted here last year said this very thing would happen and it happened during their drafts. They always said that you would leave drafts trying to figure out what the fuck they were doing, but that they ended up liking the results.

That's honestly the answer I was hoping for.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Dekoda Watson is a great pick for the Bucs there. Perfect Tampa 2 OLB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, when we bring in Tom Dimitroff and Bill Belichick and stop trading up for TEs who can't stay on the field, I'll give them more leeway, doomy.

shammus
04-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Bills got Calloway....too bad. I would have liked to see us pick him up in the 5th. Was starting to think he might not be drafted...wonder why he slid so far

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2010, 01:46 PM
That's honestly the answer I was hoping for.

actually they showed posts and articles that sounded word for word like otwp and hamas wrote them today
Posted via Mobile Device

kcpasco
04-24-2010, 01:47 PM
I forgot about Blount

That kid has all the physical gifts, to bad he's mental.

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Bills got Calloway....too bad. I would have liked to see us pick him up in the 5th. Was starting to think he might not be drafted...wonder why he slid so far

ask milkman, hell tell you exactly why. and has said it for months
Posted via Mobile Device

RJ
04-24-2010, 01:48 PM
ROFL That's funny. I was talking to my wife about it, and she said "Again?"

After hearing my way-too-loud "WHAT THE FUCK???", my always helpful wife could only offer....."Oh, I'm sorry".

Why can't she alter reality for me?

If she had any idea what I go through.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Is Blount still on the board?

kcpasco
04-24-2010, 01:49 PM
Is Blount still on the board?

Yes

doomy3
04-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Well, when we bring in Tom Dimitroff and Bill Belichick and stop trading up for TEs who can't stay on the field, I'll give them more leeway, doomy.

I'm not saying anything about giving them leeway. I don't give a shit if everyone on this board wants to completely freak out. It adds some good comedic value to the board to watch everyone beside themselves because players weren't ranked the same by NFL teams as they were on their "boards."

I was just commenting on Flopnuts' question about what Patriots' fans thought about their drafts. And the sentiment was that most of the drafts left fans feeling much the same way as many on this board feel during/after these drafts.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Whoever gets him will get a helluva football player. Hopefully he can keep it together mentally.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 01:51 PM
The Eagles are just fucking killing it. Jamar Chaney.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Eagles take Jamar Chaney

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Cheney in the 7th is great value.

RJ
04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
actually they showed posts and articles that sounded word for word like otwp and hamas wrote them today
Posted via Mobile Device

How many years back were they talking about? Late 90's, early 200's? I'm just looking at some old Pats drafts so I'm curious.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 01:55 PM
This is the exact same fucking argument we had last year. Exactly.

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2010, 01:57 PM
How many years back were they talking about? Late 90's, early 200's? I'm just looking at some old Pats drafts so I'm curious.

from the start of the bb pioli era, and it was freaky how similar the stuff people were saying was, then and now
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3
04-24-2010, 02:01 PM
This is the exact same ****ing argument we had last year. Exactly.

What argument are you talking about?

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
This is the exact same fucking argument we had last year. Exactly.

not quite.

everyone has said we have enough "just guys" where are the playmakers? well from the looks of it they took some guys at the top they think will actually BE playmakers. then a guard(who btw chiefs country thinks is the best olineman in the draft). the sky ISNT falling. we just got guys they believe will help us score points. and berry. maybe the best player in the draft, who really has NO downside
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins

Basically the "You don't like these picks, it doesn't matter because Pats fans didn't like the picks they made either, therefore it's a good draft" line of thinking.

KCrockaholic

The one in his head.

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Basically the "You don't like these picks, it doesn't matter because Pats fans didn't like the picks they made either, therefore it's a good draft" line of thinking.

i didnt see that as an argument today. who was arguing?
Posted via Mobile Device

doomy3
04-24-2010, 02:04 PM

Oh, OK. I hadn't seen anyone making that argument. All I saw was Flopnuts asking a question and being answered.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:05 PM
not quite.

everyone has said we have enough "just guys" where are the playmakers? well from the looks of it they took some guys at the top they think will actually BE playmakers. then a guard(who btw chiefs country thinks is the best olineman in the draft). the sky ISNT falling. we just got guys they believe will help us score points. and berry. maybe the best player in the draft, who really has NO downside
Posted via Mobile Device

While I'm also ecstatic that we didn't make the worst pick in the draft this year and instead made the no-brainer of taking Eric Berry, the McCluster, Arenas, and Moeaki picks will set this franchise back even further.

We had one great pick, one good pick, one decent pick in this draft. The rest were horrible, and not just because they weren't good value, but because we ignored better players at more important positions.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 02:05 PM
and the Rams take Selvie

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You were, for fuck's sake.

:facepalm:

FD
04-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Hamas takes everything personally. Its probably responsible for his sunny disposition.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Texans take yet another tight end

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Texans take yet another tight end

He really doesn't even have a position, TBH.

doomy3
04-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what they do with him. He's too small to even be an h-back, but I don't think he'll play WR either. He is athletic though.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 02:11 PM

He is an H-back. He could be a very good one if they use him right.

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2010, 02:12 PM
While I'm also ecstatic that we didn't make the worst pick in the draft this year and instead made the no-brainer of taking Eric Berry, the McCluster, Arenas, and Moeaki picks will set this franchise back even further.

We had one great pick, one good pick, one decent pick in this draft. The rest were horrible, and not just because they weren't good value, but because we ignored better players at more important positions.

i think all three guys wil surprise people, well the te IF he stays healthy. but arenas and mccluster for sure. the sad part? some wont ever give them the credit they may deserve. some will always say " well we could have had insert name here"

i think they have some changes in
ind in our d backfield. maybe carr to safety. washington flowers arenas as the cbs.

and i like arenas return skills.

and mccluster? IF he translates to the slot....... could be a HOMERUN
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Jason, I'm sorry, but you draft return guys in the late rounds, not the second.

I, for one, will be very surprised if McCluster ends up being as good of a pro as Golden Tate or Damien Williams.

ChiefaRoo
04-24-2010, 02:15 PM

I, for one, will be very surprised if McCluster ends up being as good of a pro as Golden Tate or Damien Williams.

You have no idea what's going on do you? Just admit it. :)

Ebolapox
He is an H-back. He could be a very good one if we pump him full of HGH and he can somehow stay healthy.

FYP

(and This.)

chiefs1111
Packers take CJ Wilson

JASONSAUTO
You were, for fuck's sake.

:facepalm:

huh?? you call that conversation an argument? hamas has your head actually exploded?
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
FYP

(and This.)

pleasure taken :)

Dave Lane
04-24-2010, 02:17 PM

"Are you MOTHER****ING SERIOUS??!!"

My parents had stopped by and I started screaming WTF was that? Who the fuck was that? What kind of McClusterfuck was that!

JASONSAUTO
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM

did you miss the changes to the d backfield part? he wont just be a kr imo. i REALLY think someone there will be a safety. probably carr. and i also think mccluster is going to play a lot. i will be sad when he catches 71 passes though. i will miss you man.....
Posted via Mobile Device

OleMissCub
04-24-2010, 02:19 PM
must not follow college football much if you'd never heard of McCluster

Dave Lane
04-24-2010, 02:20 PM
I forgot about Blount

That kid has all the physical gifts, to bad he's mental.

He's a high character guy :) bet Pioli would love him...

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 02:22 PM
and Arizona takes a tight end

doomy3
04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
21 picks left...

Hope we're on the phone angling for some FAs.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
He's a high character guy :) bet Pioli would love him...

Atleast Blount isn't afraid to punch a Bronco ROFL

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 02:25 PM
wow 19 TE's have been taken in the draft

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 02:26 PM
make that 20 TE'snow, Chargers take Dedrick Epps

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Dexter Davis...just a killer draft for Seattle.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Detroit, Seattle, and Baltimore all winners according to Kiper and McShay, FWIW.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 02:35 PM
I think the Bills and Panthers both had nice drafts as well

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 02:36 PM
oh yeah got to put the Eagles there as well

Halfcan
04-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Our draft is a bit of a Mcluster fug. Same ol cheaps.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I'd say Jason Campbell is the 4th best QB in the division...behind Philip Rivers (obviously), Matt Cassel and Kyle Orton.

He might not even be as good as Brady Quinn or Brodie Croyle.

vailpass
04-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Detroit, Seattle, and Baltimore all winners according to Kiper and McShay, FWIW.

Seattle had a real nice draft.IMHO Arizona did well for themselves too. Dallas got some players.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I'd say Jason Campbell is the 4th best QB in the division...behind Philip Rivers (obviously), Matt Cassel and Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton.

He might not even be as good as Brady Quinn or Brodie Croyle.

He was demonstrably better than every other QB other than Rivers by almost every metric, including FBO DVOA rankings.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 02:54 PM

How do these moves set the franchise backward?

It's not even close to last year's draft. The issue last year was that we reached for several picks including the most important pick in the draft, traded a marquee pick away for an average QB, and we took several guys like Colin Brown and Donald Washington that were beyond raw.

I can see 4 out of our 5 players getting significant playing time right away. Quite possible that Asomoah is on the field within the next few years too.

We didn't waste any picks this year. We can't win without these kinds of "role players" 3 or 4 years down the road when we're playoff-ready.

Setting the franchise back is either completely whiffing on a worthless pick or resting the franchise on a key player at a key position. The Chiefs definitely got a little better--I don't understand how you move backward when the team has moved forward.

Reaper16
04-24-2010, 02:55 PM
I'd say Jason Campbell is easily the 2nd best QB in the AFC West.

Reaper16
04-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I can see 4 out of our 5 players getting significant playing time right away. Quite possible that Asomoah is on the field within the next few years too.

We didn't waste any picks this year. We can't win without these kinds of "role players" 3 or 4 years down the road when we're playoff-ready.

1.) Asomoah is likey good enough to start right now, screw the "within the next few years" talk.

2.) OK, I'll grant you that these kinds of role players are vital to a team's chances to win a playoff game. But the foundational players that the Chiefs lack (and could have picked up this weekend) are the kinds of players that get you to the playoffs in the first place.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Pats take a couple defensive linemen from the SEC

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Deaderick and Weston B2B by the Patriots.

FML

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 03:00 PM
How do these moves set the franchise backward?

It's not even close to last year's draft. The issue last year was that we reached for several picks including the most important pick in the draft, traded a marquee pick away for an average QB, and we took several guys like Colin Brown and Donald Washington that were beyond raw.

Setting the franchise back is either completely whiffing on a worthless pick or resting the franchise on a key player at a key position. The Chiefs definitely got a little better--I don't understand how you move backward when the team has moved forward.

We passed on multiple players with legitimate first round talent in order to take two players who are complementary pieces.

That's awesome. We've got spinners on a 93 Cavalier.

alnorth
04-24-2010, 03:00 PM
One of the most important decisions in the draft coming up for the Lions. Don't screw this up, Detroit. I think we've proven definitively that "Mr. Irrelevant" is a title intended to be bestowed upon a kicker.

chiefs1111
04-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Pats take Zac Robinson

tk13
04-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Patriots take Zac Robinson, the QB for Oklahoma State. Next Tom Brady!