PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs My source says...

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 07:44 AM
It's Berry unless someone wows them with a trade offer.

Now, I'm not claiming this is gospel, nor am I willing to bet on this, but from my postings on here, you know his track record, so read/believe at your own risk.

They realize the way the NFL is going and the importance of having a stud and getting a playmaker. They view Berry as the safest pick and one they can have little worries about giving the type of contract a 5th pick will require.

If you remember at the combine, someone asked Pioli what he was looking for in the draft and his response was playmakers. Romeo loves Berry. Emmitt Thomas is on board with Berry. They view him as a natural leader who will elevate the play of the corners around him too. Flowers has been lobbying hard as well.

Again, if it's not, then my source was wrong this time. No big deal. He's given me some wrong info a couple times. It's the nature of things.

Just thought I'd share.

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 07:45 AM

Now, I'm not claiming this is gospel, nor am I willing to bet on this, but from my postings on here, you know his track record, so read/believe at your own risk.

They realize the way the NFL is going and the importance of having a stud and getting a playmaker. They view Berry as the safest pick and one they can have little worries about giving the type of contract a 5th pick will require.

If you remember at the combine, someone asked Berry what he was looking for in the draft and his response was playmakers. Romeo loves Berry. Emmitt Thomas is on board with Berry. They view him as a natural leader who will elevate the play of the corners around him too. Flowers has been lobbying hard as well.

Again, if it's not, then my source was wrong this time. No big deal. He's given me some wrong info a couple times. It's the nature of things.

Just thought I'd share.

Damn this means it's Dan Williams

siberian khatru
It makes too much sense to be true.

Thanks!

The Bad Guy
Damn this means it's Dan Williams

Yeah, ok.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-22-2010, 07:46 AM
America....

{say it}

Icon
04-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Berry would make me merry......

Crush
04-22-2010, 07:47 AM
To the JIMP!!!!

the Talking Can
04-22-2010, 07:48 AM
WOOT!!!!!

thanks for the info....i want to believe they aren't completely ****ing retarded...

now let's hope Cleveland doesn't want him bad enough to trade up with washington

dirk digler
Now let's hope the Browns and Skins don't make a trade.

-King-
Man good to hear. I was waiting on something from you or BRC. Man, Berry playing behind Flowers...greatness.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 07:49 AM
ROFL I just saw this.

booger
Thanks BG.

I hope Cleveland or somebody else doesn't trade up with Washington for Berry. I hope he is there and we get him.

Thanks for sharing man.

Baby Lee
The only way this isn't the right thing;

Bradford or Suh miraculously drops to us.
We get a Ricky Williams rapetastic deal from some dunderheaded team.

eazyb81
04-22-2010, 07:50 AM
I think it's been Berry for awhile. I'm surprised so many on here thought we would really pass on him for a tackle.

He is one of the most gifted defensive backs to come out of the draft in years, and is very low risk, a dealmaker for Pioli.

milkman
Well damn it, you and BRC are both reporting the same from your sources.

Getting my hopes up.

You bastards!

I will Kill you!

Jethopper
Berry to the Ferry!

Gonzo
04-22-2010, 07:51 AM
To the hover-round!
The deal is done, ok gang?
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Well damn it, you and BRC are both reporting the same from your sources.

Getting my hopes up.

You bastards!

I will Kill you!
http://www.mediabistro.com/prnewser/original/Please+don%27t+shoot+the+messenger.jpg

milkman
04-22-2010, 07:54 AM
http://www.mediabistro.com/prnewser/original/Please+don%27t+shoot+the+messenger.jpg

LMAO

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 07:54 AM
To the hover-round!
The deal is done, ok gang?
Posted via Mobile DeviceI'm still hearing a lot of Big Ben rumors....:rolleyes:

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 07:55 AM
I just draftubated in my pants

Von Dumbass
04-22-2010, 07:56 AM
My sources say Okung or Bulaga.

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 07:57 AM

The only source you have is what you can find on Twitter.

BigRedChief
My sources say Okung or Bulaga.Did you enjoy your little vacation?

the Talking Can

my sources say your mom is a toothless whore

Mr_Tomahawk
Dont Fuuck us Rat! :cuss:

per PFT
Redskins plotting a surprise at No. 4?

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2010 8:15 AM ET
With less than twelve hours before the start of the NFL draft, everyone seems to have reached a consensus that the Rams will take Sam Bradford first, the Lions will take Ndamukong Suh second and the Buccaneers will take Gerald McCoy third.

With the fourth overall pick, everyone thinks the Redskins will take an offensive tackle, probably Trent Williams or maybe Russell Okung. But ESPN's Adam Schefter, who is close with Redskins coach Mike Shanahan and has broken several Redskins-related stories this offseason, says he thinks people are going to be surprised with what the Redskins do with the fourth pick.

"I'm not so sure about that," Schefter said on ESPN Radio this morning, of the assumption that the Redskins will take a tackle. "It's the obvious pick and I think they have some things up their sleeve, is my guess."

Schefter also said the Redskins would like to trade down.

"Washington is interested in moving back if they can find a team that is looking to move up, but so far that has not been the case," he said. "They're not able to find a trade partner."

If they can't find a trade partner in the next 12 hours, they'll need to make their pick. Everyone thinks that pick will be an offensive tackle. But maybe everyone is wrong.

Or maybe the Redskins just want everyone to think they're wrong, and just as they previously put out word they'd take a quarterback, they want the rest of the league to wonder what they'll do as they continue to shop the pick.

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Redskins are talking about trading up to 1. They want Bradford. I assume Rams would take Jimmy then.

YayMike
04-22-2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info!! It will be awesome to watch him roam the defensive backfield along side of Flowers and Carr!! Let's just hope Shanarat doesn't fuucckk it up by trading down and letting Cleveland take him from us!

Von Dumbass
04-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Did you enjoy your little vacation?

I figured that would happen before I made that post.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Only 10 hours and 27 minutes away!

Frosty
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Let's just hope Shanarat doesn't fuucckk it up by trading down and letting Cleveland take him from us!

I could definitely see that happening. Then who would the Chiefs take? Okung or McClain?

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
I figured that would happen before I made that post.Why do you think its okay for you to "play" us? poke us with a BS stick and then expect us to treat you as anything but a pest?

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
My source says.... It's a holiday!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LtYaCm5njY

KCUnited
04-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Bring back Johnny Dingle!!

This is good news, I'm still nervous though.

Von Dumbass
04-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Why do you think its okay for you to "play" us? poke us with a BS stick and then expect us to treat you as anything but a pest?

You seemed to be the only one who was pestered by that post. Everyone else knew it was a joke, they just didn't know who posted it.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 08:15 AM
So if the Redskins are able to trade up to #1 for Bradford who do the Rams take at #4?

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 08:16 AM
You seemed to be the only one who was pestered by that post. Everyone else knew it was a joke, they just didn't know who posted it.Those who don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2010, 08:17 AM
So if the Redskins are able to trade up to #1 for Bradford who do the Rams take at #4?

Clausen more than likely.

Crush
04-22-2010, 08:18 AM

Clausen

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Clausen more than likely.

Duh that makes sense. It is too early in the morning for me + I am all excited about Berry that I don't want to lose him. I would feel like a jilted lover.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-22-2010, 08:20 AM
If this was the pick, then it will be a Berry good day to be a Chiefs Fan!!!

Mr_Tomahawk
04-22-2010, 08:22 AM
http://www.fruitypassions.com/BerryFloralMelonswm.jpg

milkman
04-22-2010, 08:22 AM

Why would the 'Skins trade up to get Bradford when they just traded for Donavan McNabb?

The 'Skins are more likely to trade down in an attempt to recoup that pick that gave up for McNabb.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Why would the 'Skins trade up to get Bradford when they just traded for Donavan McNabb?

The 'Skins are more likely to trade down in an attempt to recoup that pick that gave up for McNabb.

McNabb isn't a long term solution. So, trading up to get Bradford gives the future franchise QB as well.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 08:26 AM

That is what PFT is reporting. I guess they don't see McNabb as the long-term solution.

The Redskins' draft surprise could be the move we thought they'd make months ago.

AOL's Dan Graziano reports that the Redskins are still in negotiations with the Rams to possibly trade up to the No. 1 overall pick in an effort to draft Sam Bradford.

PFT hears that the Browns are still more likely than the Redskins to move up.

Still, this isn't the first we've heard of Mike Shanahan's appreciation for Bradford. We heard earlier this offseason they wanted to deal for Bradford, but they weren't convinced it was possible. They made the trade for Donovan McNabb because it was a sure thing.

In a trade up scenario, Bradford would play behind McNabb for the remaining year on McNabb's contract. The Redskins don't have many other picks to give up, so veterans Albert Haynesworth and LaRon Landry could be part of the deal.

The Rams remain the favorite to wind up with Bradford, but their unwillingness to negotiate a contract before the draft has allowed them to entertain all possibilities on draft day. And cause some folks to wonder how much they really want to take him.

To move, the Rams would likely have to take a lot less than similar moves for the top pick in the past.

milkman
04-22-2010, 08:30 AM
McNabb isn't a long term solution. So, trading up to get Bradford gives the future franchise QB as well.

So the 'Skins give up a 2nd? for McNabb, and only use him for one year.

Long term solution?

Maybe not, but giving up a 2nd for a one year solution is just stupid.

Von Dumbass
04-22-2010, 08:31 AM
I could actually see Shanahan drafting Berry, because I don't think Okung or Williams are perfect fits for Shanny's offense. George Foster and Clady are the only 2 OL that Shanny drafted in the 1st round and they had rare athleticism.

Not alot of teams are looking for the small/quick lineman. Those kind of guys fall in the draft and Shanahan can snag them in the later rounds.

Frosty
04-22-2010, 08:34 AM

Long term solution?

Well, it is Daniel Snyder and his Redskins. They gave up a couple of high picks for Jason Taylor and cut him after that year.

siberian khatru
04-22-2010, 08:35 AM
From the WaPo:

This year's draft class boasts another highly touted safety who has drawn comparisons to Taylor. Even though that position might not seem like Washington's biggest area of need, Tennessee's Eric Berry is well-regarded within the Redskins' organization and is an outside possibility as the team makes its first-round selection.

For Berry, his visit to Washington stands out from some of the others because of the connection with Taylor, Berry's favorite player.

"When I visited, it was actually on [Taylor's] birthday. So I think -- I don't know if that was some kind of sign or what -- but I think that was pretty cool that I visited on his birthday," Berry said. "A lot of the coaches said they see the same mentality that he had in me. I felt like Washington was a pretty cool place."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/21/AR2010042105121.html?sid%3DST2010042106112

SenselessChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 08:36 AM

Long term solution?

He could be there this year and next..... and tutor Bradford. I am not saying it will happen. Honestly, I think it would be dumb. I think next year's QB class looks like it will be better.

But, teams don't always do what I think is smart. And, most of the time, they are right...not me....:D

siberian khatru
04-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Also, Schefter thinks Clausen will fall to the Vikes at 30. Don't know if he's just piggybacking on Gosselin or whether he has independent info.

Warrior5
04-22-2010, 08:39 AM

If kcnut confirms this, the deal is done...

Crush
04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
If the Skins screw us and take Berry, then Pioli better take Clausen as the backup plan. Anything else will be a FAIL of epic proportions.

Reerun_KC
04-22-2010, 08:43 AM
If the Skins screw us and take Berry, then Pioli better take Clausen as the backup plan. Anything else will be a FAIL of epic proportions.

According to whom? The average Fan? Ownership/Franchise? The Menstraters? The educated Fans?

Crush
04-22-2010, 08:44 AM
According to whom? The average Fan? Ownership/Franchise? The Menstraters? The educated Fans?

According to me. If we do not come away from this draft with actual elite talent that we can build the team around, then this franchise will always be stuck in mediocrity.

Reerun_KC
04-22-2010, 08:46 AM
According to me. If we do not come away from this draft with actual elite talent that we can build the team around, then this franchise will always be stuck in mediocrity.

:clap: Feel the exact same way... We need playmakers and talent.

Marco Polo
04-22-2010, 08:48 AM

Long term solution?

Um...that's what many on this site wants us to do with Cassel.

Crush
04-22-2010, 08:48 AM
:clap: Feel the exact same way... We need playmakers and talent.

Damn straight.

YayMike
04-22-2010, 09:00 AM
I could definitely see that happening. Then who would the Chiefs take? Okung or McClain?

Well, i would HOPE they would take Claussen but they won't. I will bitch a storm if they take Okung, but i would understand 'their' logic of him being the BPA. Even though we don't need a LT IMO. If the Browns move up and get Berry, or the foreskins take him, God help us with who they reach for.. probably McClain..

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM
I really don't think the Redskins are a likely destination. They have Landry and Doughty, who they like a whole lot.

If they don't trade up to 1, it has to be an offensive tackle.

milkman
04-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Um...that's what many on this site wants us to do with Cassel.

Wow!

Did you actually just draw that comparison?

McNabb has been one of the top QBs in the NFL for years, has taken his team to 5 NFC Championship games, and a SB.

He's a proven commodity, though a bit overrated, IMO.

Matt Cassel is shit.

It was stupid to make that trade at all.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I agree...McNabb has been a victim for years...if he was white, he'd be thought of as a top tier QB, like he is...

It's true.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:23 AM
though...things like..."I didn't know the rules of overtime" haven't helped his cause

Brock
04-22-2010, 09:24 AM
He is thought of as a top tier QB, who's an injury prone choker.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:25 AM
every QB who doesn't win a Super Bowl is a choker...according to ChiefsPlanet

Crush
04-22-2010, 09:27 AM

... because winning the Super Bowl is the goal. Anything else is failure.

acesn8s
04-22-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm still hearing a lot of Big Ben rumors....:rolleyes:

Even after knowing that he willl be suspended?

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 09:28 AM

especially Tony Romo

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:29 AM
... because winning the Super Bowl is the goal. Anything else is failure.

sure...it's the ultimate goal that is achieved as a total team effort...

yet guys like Romo and McNabb are slammed on this website because their teams haven't won a Super Bowl...and somehow it is all Romo and McNabb's fault and their huge millionaire chokers who "shit their pants" in big games...

What a load of bullshit that all is...

Brock
04-22-2010, 09:31 AM
At least I think enough of McNabb not to mention him in the same sentence with Romo.

Frosty
04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I really don't think the Redskins are a likely destination. They have Landry and Doughty, who they like a whole lot.

If they don't trade up to 1, it has to be an offensive tackle.

I don't see the Redskins taking Berry but I could definitely see them trade down with the Browns so that the Browns could get Berry in front of the Chiefs. It's what the Browns do. :shake:

milkman
04-22-2010, 09:34 AM

That's not true.

Dan Fouts and Dan Marino weren't chokers.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:34 AM
I would take either McNabb or Romo in a heartbeat as a Chiefs fan...they'd both EASILY be the best QB the Chiefs have seen since Len Dawson...maybe better...since I wasn't alive when Len Dawson was playing.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
That's not true.

Dan Fouts and Dan Marino weren't chokers.

I don't know a thing about Fouts' career...

but Marino lost a Super Bowl...so therefore, he's a choker!

Fairplay
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-T7_XqTc7kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-T7_XqTc7kk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

milkman
04-22-2010, 09:36 AM
sure...it's the ultimate goal that is achieved as a total team effort...

yet guys like Romo and McNabb are slammed on this website because their teams haven't won a Super Bowl...and somehow it is all Romo and McNabb's fault and their huge millionaire chokers who "shit their pants" in big games...

What a load of bullshit that all is...

I don't see McNabb as a choker.

A bit overrated, but not a choker.

milkman
04-22-2010, 09:38 AM
I would take either McNabb or Romo in a heartbeat as a Chiefs fan...they'd both EASILY be the best QB the Chiefs have seen since Len Dawson...maybe better...since I wasn't alive when Len Dawson was playing.

This is why most of what you have to say is talking out of your ass.

You simply don't know enough to have a relevant opinion.

Tony Rom is actually very similar to Dawson athletically in Dawson's early years.

Dawson, though had a reputation for being cool under pressure, hence the nickname "Lenny the Cool" and was the most accurate passer in the game.

milkman
04-22-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't know a thing about Fouts' career...

but Marino lost a Super Bowl...so therefore, he's a choker!

You're just an ass.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Look...

I don't care that you're 80 years old.

I get it...

You know your NFL history...

I just find it laughable that Chiefs fans consider Tony Romo to be a choker...

and when Tony Romo is at his hall of fame induction...I can't wait to LOL in OTWP's, and others, faces...

since I called Tony Romo before he ever even took an NFL snap.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
and Hamas called him "among the worst" QB's in the NFL...how outrageous is that?

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM

That Joe Montana guy was pretty decent.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
At least I think enough of McNabb not to mention him in the same sentence with Romo.

LMAO

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:42 AM
That Joe Montana guy was pretty decent.

1.5 years of a washed up Joe Montana don't count

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 09:43 AM
1.5 years of a washed up Joe Montana don't count

AFC Championship game......washed up?

Short Leash Hootie
LMAO

it's already been determined you have no idea what you're watching...

Tony Romo is EASILY a top 10 NFL QB in a QB loaded league

Short Leash Hootie
I'll equate it to AFC West terms so some of the dumbasses who never watch football get it...

Tony Romo is every bit as good as Philip Rivers.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Look...

I get it...

and when Tony Romo is at his hall of fame induction...I can't wait to LOL in OTWP's, and others, faces...

One day he might actually win a SB I also one day might win Powerball.

mcaj22
04-22-2010, 09:46 AM
I'll equate it to AFC West terms so some of the dumbasses who never watch football get it...

Tony Romo is every bit as good as Philip Rivers.

I'm not saying Tony Romo is bad but now you are just being silly. He's not even close to the talent Philip Rivers has. Tony Romo has already hit his ceiling as a decent serviceable NFL QB. Philip Rivers is climbing his way with the current elite QBs, if not already there.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 09:48 AM
it's already been determined you have no idea what you're watching...

Tony Romo is EASILY a top 10 NFL QB in a QB loaded league

I never said he was a bad QB. He puts up good stats and looks pretty but will he lead his team to the SB is the burning question. I think his window of opportunity is getting much shorter.

milkman
04-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Look...

I get it...

Just so you know, I haven't yet called Romo a choker.

He has the chance still to create his legacy, and his Cowboys have simply not been as good as their opponents in the playoffs for the most part.

As I said, there are things about Romo that remind me of Dawson.

milkman
04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm not saying Tony Romo is bad but now you are just being silly. He's not even close to the talent Philip Rivers has. Tony Romo has already hit his ceiling as a decent serviceable NFL QB. Philip Rivers is climbing his way with the current elite QBs, if not already there.

Actually, I don't think that Romo has hit his ceiling yet, and if Austin Miles continues to perform, we coul really see Romo rise.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Just so you know, I haven't yet called Romo a choker.

He has the chance still to create his legacy, and his Cowboys have simply not been as good as their opponents in the playoffs for the most part.

As I said, there are things about Romo that remind me of Dawson.

Cool.

Sorry, I took a lot of flack on this site for saying Tony Romo was better than Carson Palmer...and it wasn't close.

Dirk Digler is the biggest Romo basher on this site...

It doesn't make any sense to me...

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:52 AM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees

--------

Then you can make an argument for the following at 4: Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, and Ben Roethlisberger...

That's your next tier.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Cool.

Sorry, I took a lot of flack on this site for saying Tony Romo was better than Carson Palmer...and it wasn't close.

Dirk Digler is the biggest Romo basher on this site...

It doesn't make any sense to me...

Because I think he is all hype because he plays in Dallas all the while he hasn't done jack shit.

It doesn't make any sense to me how you bash Tom Brady considering he is a lock for the HOF and won 3 SB's but you think Romo is the greatest QB since Montana.

Sofa King
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Because I think he is all hype because he plays in Dallas all the while he hasn't done jack shit.
It doesn't make any sense to me how you bash Tom Brady considering he is a lock for the HOF and won 3 SB's but you think Romo is the greatest QB since Montana.

This. I for the life of me cannot understand what people see in Romo... As long as he is the QB in Dallas, they'll never come close to winning it..

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
I know Tom Brady is a great QB...

I know it.

I ALWAYS admit he's the 2nd best QB in the league.

Always have, always will...

But he's the most overrated "great" QB of all time...he's a hall of famer...but in NO WAY is he REMOTELY close to Peyton Manning...and in all honesty...that isn't a Brady bash...that's just how good Peyton Manning really is...he's the Michael Jordan of the NFL.

DaKCMan AP
04-22-2010, 09:57 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_c3v0yIrAxb8/SUjDn3x7tjI/AAAAAAAAA9A/WSVl30BFHjU/s400/Eric+Berry+too.jpg

DaKCMan AP approves this selection.

HemiEd
04-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Why do you think its okay for you to "play" us? poke us with a BS stick and then expect us to treat you as anything but a pest?

I love the iggy feature, this is a better place if you use it appropriately. :thumb:

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 10:00 AM

I know it.

But he's the most overrated "great" QB of all time...he's a hall of famer...but in NO WAY is he REMOTELY close to Peyton Manning...and in all honesty...that isn't a Brady bash...that's just how good Peyton Manning really is...he's the Michael Jordan of the NFL.

Fair enough but I don't get how you don't think Romo is not overrated or all hype either.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:01 AM
This. I for the life of me cannot understand what people see in Romo... As long as he is the QB in Dallas, they'll never come close to winning it..

that's a fucking joke right there...

He is the only reason they'd have a chance to win it...

The year the Giants won the Super Bowl...the Cowboys SHOULD have beaten them...

For one, they dominated them in the first half, especially offensively...and the defense allowed Eli to drive down and score a TD with 0:42 left after a TD drive of their own in the 2nd quarter...

and then...they had a chance to deliver a dagger early in the 4th when Romo escapes ridiculous pressure and makes an insanely AMAZING throw to Crayton who proceeds to drop a pass RIGHT BETWEEN the numbers when he had NO ONE within 20 yards of him for a TD...

He catches that...game over...Cowboys/Patriots Super Bowl (because their is no way the Packers are beating them in Dallas)...

Yet...

People ON THIS SITE painted Tony Romo a choker for that game (where he was the only one who showed up for Dallas) because he threw a hail mary INT to end the game (literally...they were on the 50 with 3 seconds left and he threw a hail mary, like he had to, that ended up being an INT)...and people evidenced that play as why he's a choker...

OMG

I wish I could sit here and watch a replay of that game with you assholes so you could try and defend the assertation that he was somehow a choker in that game.

Jethopper
04-22-2010, 10:04 AM
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees

--------

Then you can make an argument for the following at 4: Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, and Ben Roethlisberger...

That's your next tier.

Aaron Rodgers is a top 3 QB

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 10:06 AM

I know it.

But he's the most overrated "great" QB of all time...he's a hall of famer...but in NO WAY is he REMOTELY close to Peyton Manning...and in all honesty...that isn't a Brady bash...that's just how good Peyton Manning really is...he's the Michael Jordan of the NFL.Whereas I would order it Brady 1, Manning 2. I don't think Manning is overrated in any way, but Brady did more with less the first half of his career than anybody I can remember, winning the superbowl multiple times with shit receivers and no running game. It's almost funny how they haven't won anything since Welker and Moss arrived, although you can't really lay that on him in any way. I think you did get a glimpse into just how great he really was during that almost undefeated season, when they finally gave him some skill players, and then he proceeded to go absolutely apeshit with yards and scores. Unfortunately for them he was hurt and their defense began falling apart, and the team hasn't been the same since. Which is the way of the things in the NFL.

But overrated? No way, no how.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Aaron Rodgers is a top 3 QB

so he's better than Brady, Brees or Manning?

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM
People ON THIS SITE painted Tony Romo a choker for that game (where he was the only one who showed up for Dallas) because he threw a hail mary INT to end the game (literally...they were on the 50 with 3 seconds left and he threw a hail mary, like he had to, that ended up being an INT)...and people evidenced that play as why he's a choker...

You have a bad memory or revisionist history.

Cowgirls were at the 23 yd line with 26 seconds left

Timeout #3 by DAL at 00:26.
2-11-NYG 23 (:26) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete short right to 82-J.Witten [72-O.Umenyiora]. Pass thrown sideline; incomplete at the New York 20.
3-11-NYG 23 (:21) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to 84-P.Crayton. Pass incomplete right corner of the end zone.
4-11-NYG 23 (:16) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass deep middle intended for 83-T.Glenn INTERCEPTED by 25-R.McQuarters at NYG -5. Touchback.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Whereas I would order it Brady 1, Manning 2. I don't think Manning is overrated in any way, but Brady did more with less the first half of his career than anybody I can remember, winning the superbowl multiple times with shit receivers and no running game. It's almost funny how they haven't won anything since Welker and Moss arrived, although you can't really lay that on him in any way. I think you did get a glimpse into just how great he really was during that almost undefeated season, when they finally gave him some skill players, and then he proceeded to go absolutely apeshit with yards and scores. Unfortunately for them he was hurt and their defense began falling apart, and the team hasn't been the same since. Which is the way of the things in the NFL.

But overrated? No way, no how.

On this website somehow wins and losses are credited SOLELY to the QB.

Roethlisberger has won two Super Bowl's...

in the first one...he played as bad as you could possibly play...

Sure...Tom Brady has three Super Bowls...

that looks fine, dandy and sweet on paper...but in all honesty...THE PATRIOTS won those Super Bowls...Tom Brady was simply a piece. It's true. You can run and hide from that all you want...nothing like being the QB in a perfect situation like Tom Brady earlier in this decade.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
You have a bad memory or revisionist history.

Cowgirls were at the 23 yd line with 26 seconds left

Timeout #3 by DAL at 00:26.
2-11-NYG 23 (:26) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete short right to 82-J.Witten [72-O.Umenyiora]. Pass thrown sideline; incomplete at the New York 20.
3-11-NYG 23 (:21) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to 84-P.Crayton. Pass incomplete right corner of the end zone.
4-11-NYG 23 (:16) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass deep middle intended for 83-T.Glenn INTERCEPTED by 25-R.McQuarters at NYG -5. Touchback.

Either way...they were out of timeouts and heaving the ball in the end zone...

Watch that game and realize how good the Giants were...and how well Tony Romo played...

Watch the fucking Super Bowl for christ's sake...

The Pats were undefeated and scoring 40+ a game...that pressure was too much for God Brady to handle...and Romo handled it BETTER because he has that ability...

His pass to Crayton (the drop) was one of the best plays of the entire freaking season and no one talks about it because the idiot dropped it...

If he caught that...the Cowboys would have been up by 17 and the game would have been over.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure Brady right now is on a tier with Manning (although he may be once again in 2010, another year removed from the knee). I would say it's Brees and Manning as the elite 1a group, and then Brady, Favre, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Romo as the elite 1b group. Schaub may be working his way into that group. And then you have Warner and Manning2 and McNabb and wildcards like Flacco and Ryan. And then you've got Matt Cassel. Watching them from the bleachers.

Sure-Oz
04-22-2010, 10:16 AM

If you remember at the combine, someone asked Pioli what he was looking for in the draft and his response was playmakers. Romeo loves Berry. Emmitt Thomas is on board with Berry. They view him as a natural leader who will elevate the play of the corners around him too. Flowers has been lobbying hard as well.

Just thought I'd share.

I seriously hope your source is dead on, im so nervous

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 10:19 AM
On this website somehow wins and losses are credited SOLELY to the QB.

Roethlisberger has won two Super Bowl's...

in the first one...he played as bad as you could possibly play...

Sure...Tom Brady has three Super Bowls...

that looks fine, dandy and sweet on paper...but in all honesty...THE PATRIOTS won those Super Bowls...Tom Brady was simply a piece. It's true. You can run and hide from that all you want...nothing like being the QB in a perfect situation like Tom Brady earlier in this decade.It's a team win for every championship QB, especially in the modern game. That Patriots defense was key. So was the Indy defense the year they won it. I'm not trying to say "Brady won championships on his own". The differences I'm pointing out between Manning and Brady are that Manning has always had at least one elite receiver, and until recently, a strong running game. Whereas Brady, for much of his career, has literally been the cog that made that New England offense go. He didn't have a Reggie Wayne or a Marvin Harrison when he was winning championships, or an Edgerrin James or a Joseph Addai. He was putting points on the board with a bunch of guys around him at the skill positions. Which was one of the things that made him great.

He was never simply a piece, not when they were winning titles, and he was definitely not a QB in a perfect situation.

Although to be honest, this is kind of a silly argument. We're nitpicking differences between two of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Here's a myth for you:

Peyton Manning's defense won his Super Bowl for him.

Peyton Manning controlled that entire game...the Colts had the ball for 38 minutes...and Manning picked apart the best defense the NFL had seen since the 2000 Ravens...38 minutes! They had time consuming drives that wore down that defense...

Oh, and...

Vinatieri didn't make his kicks for Manning...he always bailed out Brady.

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Either way...they were out of timeouts and heaving the ball in the end zone...

Watch that game and realize how good the Giants were...and how well Tony Romo played...

Watch the fucking Super Bowl for christ's sake...

The Pats were undefeated and scoring 40+ a game...that pressure was too much for God Brady to handle...and Romo handled it BETTER because he has that ability...

His pass to Crayton (the drop) was one of the best plays of the entire freaking season and no one talks about it because the idiot dropped it...

If he caught that...the Cowboys would have been up by 17 and the game would have been over.

He had potentially 4 chances in the Red Zone to win the game. Big Ben makes the throw to win the game so does Brady or Manning. Hell Kurt Warner probably does as well.

Have you also forgot how Romo choked on the FG hold that cost them a possible playoff victory?

AJKCFAN
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
% wise, how reliable is your source, Bad Guy?

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
oh, and...

Why is it every offensive player the Colts draft turns to gold?

I have an idea!

His number is 18 and he makes everyone WAY better than they are...that's just how it is...

I could run routes for the Colts and be a 500 yard receiver...just by default...and I probably run a 5.0 40...I do have good receiver size, though.

milkman
04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Here's a myth for you:

Peyton Manning's defense won his Super Bowl for him.

Peyton Manning controlled that entire game...the Colts had the ball for 38 minutes...and Manning picked apart the best defense the NFL had seen since the 2000 Ravens...38 minutes! They had time consuming drives that wore down that defense...

Oh, and...

Vinatieri didn't make his kicks for Manning...he always bailed out Brady.

The cover two is the perfect defense for Manning.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:28 AM
He had potentially 4 chances in the Red Zone to win the game. Big Ben makes the throw to win the game so does Brady or Manning. Hell Kurt Warner probably does as well.

Have you also forgot how Romo choked on the FG hold that cost them a possible playoff victory?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

0:26 and no timeouts and you blame it on Romo?

and I'm sorry...

I will NEVER call Romo a choker for that botched FG hold...

NEVER.

You think he was NERVOUS holding a FG????

The fact he was doing that in the first place...and CONTINUES to do it...when he's the starting QB...is BAFFLING...

and in all honesty...that Seattle guy that tackled him on that botched FG attempt should have gotten a medal from that team...because I, and EVERYONE watching that game, thought wow..he's going to score it anyways.

keg in kc
04-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Here's a myth for you:

Peyton Manning's defense won his Super Bowl for him.I don't know who said that. I certainly didn't.

Rausch
04-22-2010, 10:29 AM

Who plays like a rookie when rushed.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:30 AM

I'm not disagreeing...

but I do think it's funny when people like you reference that post season and the Chiefs/Ravens games (where he threw 5 combined picks) and act as if his defense bailed him out...

Sure, the Colts D showed up for those games...but at NO point did either team really push the Colts to the point where anyone was thinking upset...

The two games that REALLY mattered that postseason...Manning outplayed Brady and brought the Colts back from 17 down to beat the Pats and then he dominated the Super Bowl...

Yet somehow his defense won him his only Super Bowl?

Yeah...ok :rolleyes:

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 10:30 AM
% wise, how reliable is your source, Bad Guy?

On the information I've shared on this board, 100%. He told me about the Weis hiring days before, he told me about the Crennel hiring days before. I know about Matt Cassel the morning it happened. He's reliable. Is he bulletproof? No, no one is. But I trust him.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:31 AM
Who plays like a rookie when rushed.

Hysterical.

Peyton Manning is the best QB ever when it comes to the rush...

He's so good...that teams hardly ever rush him...because they know it simply doesn't work...especially when he's expecting it.

milkman
04-22-2010, 10:32 AM
oh, and...

Why is it every offensive player the Colts draft turns to gold?

I have an idea!

His number is 18 and he makes everyone WAY better than they are...that's just how it is...

I could run routes for the Colts and be a 500 yard receiver...just by default...and I probably run a 5.0 40...I do have good receiver size, though.

Did it ever occur to you that Bill Polian might be a damn good offensive talent evaluator.

Who was it that built that Buffalo Bills offense that went to 4 straight SBs?

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Did it ever occur to you that Bill Polian might be a damn good offensive talent evaluator.

Who was it that built that Buffalo Bills offense that went to 4 straight SBs?

I get it, I do...

But come on...

We all thought Tony Ugoh was a stud for that team when he was drafted...

That offense is 100% interchangeable...minus #18...

They could lose Wayne and Clark and do you have ANY doubts that Peyton Manning would still put up MVP numbers next year?

Do you?

Be honest.

Brock
04-22-2010, 10:36 AM
Who thought Ugoh was a stud?

dirk digler
04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

0:26 and no timeouts and you blame it on Romo?

and I'm sorry...

I will NEVER call Romo a choker for that botched FG hold...

NEVER.

You think he was NERVOUS holding a FG????

The fact he was doing that in the first place...and CONTINUES to do it...when he's the starting QB...is BAFFLING...

and in all honesty...that Seattle guy that tackled him on that botched FG attempt should have gotten a medal from that team...because I, and EVERYONE watching that game, thought wow..he's going to score it anyways.

Do you think Manning, Brady or Ben make that throw to win the game? It is not like it was an impossible pass like a hail mary.

You are probably the only person on earth who doesn't blame Romo for botching the hold. Heck Romo blames Romo for it.

As I told you before when Romo takes the Cowgirls to the SB I will be first in line to eat crow and congratulate him and I even praised him several times this past season for playing better down the stretch. Maybe he will one day get over the hump like Peyton did.

milkman
04-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm not disagreeing...

but I do think it's funny when people like you reference that post season and the Chiefs/Ravens games (where he threw 5 combined picks) and act as if his defense bailed him out...

Sure, the Colts D showed up for those games...but at NO point did either team really push the Colts to the point where anyone was thinking upset...

The two games that REALLY mattered that postseason...Manning outplayed Brady and brought the Colts back from 17 down to beat the Pats and then he dominated the Super Bowl...

Yet somehow his defense won him his only Super Bowl?

Yeah...ok :rolleyes:

I gave Manning credit for those games, and this last postseason, and actually thought that Manning was ready to turn around his legacy.

But the fact is, that's two games in an otherwise mediocre playoff career.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Who thought Ugoh was a stud?

Everyone?

Now people think Charlie Johnson is a stud...or whatever his name is...

The fact of the matter is...Manning's ridiculous release and the fact the defense has no idea what the fuck is going on makes evaluating the talent of his offensive line nearly impossible.

Manning would have taken no more than 15 sacks behind the Chiefs line last year...

Manning alone would have won 12 games if he was on the Chiefs...just trading Manning for Cassel would have equaled 8 more wins and the Chiefs being Super Bowl contenders every year...

The entire 53 man roster, including defense, feeds off of Peyton Manning...

Lot easier to play and be super motivated when you have #18 on your side.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Do you think Manning, Brady or Ben make that throw to win the game? It is not like it was an impossible pass like a hail mary.

You are probably the only person on earth who doesn't blame Romo for botching the hold. Heck Romo blames Romo for it.

As I told you before when Romo takes the Cowgirls to the SB I will be first in line to eat crow and congratulate him.

the fact he was in POSITION to botch that hold is the reason I don't blame him...and in all honesty...that was a mistake...not a choke...you think out of all the things in the world that happened that game he was concerned about holding a FG attempt?

using your starting QB as a holder is a dumb idea from the get go...

and completing a 26 yard pass that HAS TO BE in the end zone against a fierce pass rush in the NFC Championship game is a 5%'er...regardless of it being Ryan Leaf or Joe Montana.

milkman
04-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I get it, I do...

But come on...

We all thought Tony Ugoh was a stud for that team when he was drafted...

That offense is 100% interchangeable...minus #18...

They could lose Wayne and Clark and do you have ANY doubts that Peyton Manning would still put up MVP numbers next year?

Do you?

Be honest.

I don't doubt it.

But that doesn't change the fact that Manning has had a mediocre playoff career, when it matters most.

Marty was the greatest regular season coach ever.

Rausch
04-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Hysterical.

Peyton Manning is the best QB ever when it comes to the rush...

He's so good...that teams hardly ever rush him...because they know it simply doesn't work...especially when he's expecting it.

Is that why the Chargers and Steelers beat him nearly every time?

They come after his candy ass and he fucks up. It's why the Pats owned him for so long.

I'm not talking about some hore$3it defense like the Chiefs blitzing 2 guys either, I mean a LEGIT pass rush...

Brock
Everyone?

I thought he was soft and lazy. And I thought that because most of his scouting reports said that, so I'm not sure where you're getting "everyone" from.

Short Leash Hootie
I don't doubt it.

But that doesn't change the fact that Manning has had a mediocre playoff career, when it matters most.

Marty was the greatest regular season coach ever.

yeah but Marty's downfall has always been his kickers...or that fumble...

I'm sorry...

I know it's cool to bash on Marty...but he's been more unlucky than bad...

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Is that why the Chargers and Steelers beat him nearly every time?

They come after his candy ass and he ****s up. It's why the Pats owned him for so long.

I'm not talking about some hore$3it defense like the Chiefs blitzing 2 guys either, I mean a LEGIT pass rush...

well maybe earlier in his career...but the Saints surely didn't beat him in the playoffs by blitzing him...that's for sure...

the Jets tried but eventually gave up after he put on a clinic from the 2nd quarter on...

you can't blitz him anymore...he's too good

HemiEd
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Look...

and when Tony Romo is at his hall of fame induction....ROFLROFLROFL

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
lets put it this way...

I wish I was Marty's friend...I'd ask him...

"hey marty...who you got today? The Sox or the Angels?"

and whoever he picked I'd put a substantial amount of money on the other team and feel supremely confident.

milkman
04-22-2010, 10:45 AM

I'm sorry...

Oh Jesus!

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
now...

I love football.

I do...

What did I envy MOST from last season...

Belichick going for it on 4th and 2 from HIS 30 against the Colts in the regular season...

I hope someday we'll have a coach with THOSE balls...knowing that a 1st down = a win...and the best chance of winning is picking up those 2 yards rather than punting the ball to the premiere player in the NFL...

That's great coaching right there...regardless of the outcome.

Brock
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM

I'm sorry...

5-13 isn't bad luck.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:48 AM
I'll be the first to admit...as I always am...

I don't know a ton about Marty...as he did the majority of his coaching, especially on the Chiefs...before I was old enough to form my OWN opinions.

I don't like to debate history...Hamas will do it all day long and he's about my age...

I'm a big fan of forming my own opinion with my own eyes...

I just remember the "player who shall never be mentioned" game...and the Nate Kaeding game...and of course seeing replays of the fumble...

But other than that...I really don't know.

acesn8s
04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Talk about a thread hijack. :shake:

dallaschiefsfan
04-22-2010, 10:52 AM
If Rat takes Berry, this isn't the end of the world if we could trade down somehow and pick up another 2nd. Depending on where you trade down, you can go Earl Thomas or McCain.

I wouldn't mind taking Clausen at 5, but if SF will give us both their firsts for the 5 spot, I'd rather take that and maybe pick up either Thomas, McClain or maybe both. Either way, there's good value in the teens, even if both of those guys are taken by then.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 10:53 AM
I don't want anymore GD 2nd's...

I want an actual player in the top 5 that isn't Glenn GD Dorsey or Tyson dumbass Jackson...

is that so much to ask for?

BigRedChief
04-22-2010, 10:54 AM
I just remember the The player who's name shall never be mentioned game...and the Nate Kaeding game...and of course seeing replays of the fumble...WTF :cuss:

Hays
04-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Take Berry, if he isn't there then go O-Line
do the right thing!!

Word is the Raiders are shopping Mcfadden and looking to grab Spiller at 8

milkman
I'll be the first to admit...as I always am...

I don't know a ton about Marty...as he did the majority of his coaching, especially on the Chiefs...before I was old enough to form my OWN opinions.

I don't like to debate history...Hamas will do it all day long and he's about my age...

I'm a big fan of forming my own opinion with my own eyes...

I just remember the Lin Eliot game...and the Nate Kaeding game...and of course seeing replays of the fumble...

But other than that...I really don't know.

Which is exactly the reason yoour arguments for Peyton Manning are irrelevent.

He is probably the first great QB that you've ever actually seen, so to sit here and say he is the greatest ever is just fucking stupid.

AJKCFAN
On the information I've shared on this board, 100%. He told me about the Weis hiring days before, he told me about the Crennel hiring days before. I know about Matt Cassel the morning it happened. He's reliable. Is he bulletproof? No, no one is. But I trust him.

Thanks Bad Guy. I'm relieved... if he's on the board, then that's our guy.

milkman
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
WTF :cuss:

Elliot, whose first name is Lin

dallaschiefsfan
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't want anymore GD 2nd's...

I want an actual player in the top 5 that isn't Glenn GD Dorsey or Tyson dumbass Jackson...

is that so much to ask for?

Look...it's realy simple...if Berry is taken and our GM is not going to take Clausen, how is a trade-down not preferred?

dallaschiefsfan
04-22-2010, 10:59 AM

He is probably the first great QB that you've ever actually seen, so to sit here and say he is the greatest ever is just ****ing stupid.

:clap:

Warrior5
04-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Talk about a thread hijack. :shake:

Eric Berry was, is, and will always be a better Safety than Romo, Manning, and Marty put together...

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 11:02 AM

He is probably the first great QB that you've ever actually seen, so to sit here and say he is the greatest ever is just ****ing stupid.

sorry...

I don't exactly have faith in your opinion...

you claim Michael Jordan isn't the greatest ever...

The Bad Guy
04-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Is Hootie the ultimate thread destroyer?

Fucking honestly.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Is Hootie the ultimate thread destroyer?

****ing honestly.

I didn't start it...

milkman
04-22-2010, 11:09 AM
sorry...

I don't exactly have faith in your opinion...

you claim Michael Jordan isn't the greatest ever...

Just one man's opinion, because I watched guys like Wilt, who who scored, rebounded, and when it was said he couldn't pass, promptly went on to lead the league in assists.

Michael Jordan never had to contend against great teams after the Magic, Bird and Thomas started to decline physically.

Michael Jordan enhanced his teamamtes strengths because he was such an offensive force.

Magic and Bird, and Thomas to a lesser extent, enhanced teammates weaknesses.

notorious
04-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Just one man's opinion, because I watched guys like Wilt, who who scored, rebounded, and when it was said he couldn't pass, promptly went on to lead the league in assists.

Michael Jordan never had to contend against great teams after the Magic, Bird and Thomas started to decline physically.

Michael Jordan enhanced his teamamtes strengths because he was such an offensive force.

Magic and Bird, and Thomas to a lesser extent, enhanced teammates weaknesses.

You are in the minority with you opinion, but at least you give a good, solid argument to back up your opinion.

milkman
04-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I didn't start it...

Yes you did

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 11:16 AM
milkman defines NFL greatness by what you do when it counts...

what did MJ do when it counted?

milkman
04-22-2010, 11:17 AM
You are in the minority with you opinion, but at least you give a good, solid argument to back up your opinion.

I don't expect many to agree with me, but I dismiss the opinions of someone whose mother hadn't even been fucked yet when Wilt was playing, and probably was still nursing at his mother's teets when Magic and Bird were in their primes.

Detoxing
04-22-2010, 11:18 AM
So how 'bout that Berry, huh?

milkman
milkman defines NFL greatness by what you do when it counts...

what did MJ do when it counted?

Lost to Bird and Isiah when they were in their primes.

Short Leash Hootie
I don't expect many to agree with me, but I dismiss the opinions of someone whose mother hadn't even been ****ed yet when Wilt was playing, and probably was still nursing at his mother's teets when Magic and Bird were in their primes.

so anyone 35 or younger doesn't have an opinion, in your mind, when it comes to sports.

Gotcha!

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Lost to Bird and Isiah when they were in their primes.

ROFL

Yeah...

that 1987 Bulls team was sure built to beat the Celtics!

What a fucking joke...

the Celtics dynasty were the Yankees before the Yankees...

I have no respect for bought titles in your old man era...

notorious
04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't expect many to agree with me, but I dismiss the opinions of someone whose mother hadn't even been ****ed yet when Wilt was playing, and probably was still nursing at his mother's teets when Magic and Bird were in their primes.

I am 32, and the best players (IMO) I watched were Jordan, Bird, and Magic in that order.

I never got the opportunity to watch the other legends, though, so I do not have a proper field of experience to judge.

Detoxing
04-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Man, if we draft that Berry kid, he's really going to be a playmaker in this league.

Sure-Oz
Someone at my work just mentioned that he heard on 810 that the 49ers are interested in trading up to 5, giving up possibly their 13th and 17th picks....

can anyone confirm this?

Extra Point
I'd be happy with Berry, but I don't see it happening. Trading down for a few million to pad Clark's pockets and for Pioli to get a "What if" bonus seems more the road we'll take. McClain FTW!!!!

Detoxing
04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
When teams throw over the top on us, I wont get that sick feeling anymore when the ball is in the air, but rather an excited feeling hoping that Berry comes down with it.

Detoxing
04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Someone at my work just mentioned that he heard on 810 that the 49ers are interested in trading up to 5, giving up possibly their 13th and 17th picks....

can anyone confirm this?

Yeah, let me make a call to the 9ers and i'll let you know

milkman
04-22-2010, 11:24 AM
ROFL

Yeah...

that 1987 Bulls team was sure built to beat the Celtics!

What a ****ing joke...

the Celtics dynasty were the Yankees before the Yankees...

I have no respect for bought titles in your old man era...

You asked, I answered.

notorious

can anyone confirm this?

They better include something more.

dallaschiefsfan
so anyone 35 or younger doesn't have an opinion, in your mind, when it comes to sports.

Gotcha!

That's not what he's saying. You just don't make the effort to understand the historical context of sports. History matters and great players are not just great in your generation. I'm only 39, but I at least made myself educated on guys like Johnny Unitus and Bart Starr. Life existed before you were born. Read about it.

Detoxing
Man...that Berry kid...something special I tell ya

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 11:25 AM
anyone who claims Michael Jordan isn't the greatest basketball player of all time is an idiot...

PERIOD.

notorious
04-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Man...that Berry kid...something special I tell ya

Short Bus Special, or the HOF can't miss pick at 5 special? :)

BigCatDaddy
04-22-2010, 11:27 AM

can anyone confirm this?

I've been listening half assly today and have not heard that, but they could have mentioned it while I was making something to eat or taking a dump.

notorious
04-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I've been listening half assly today and have not heard that, but they could have mentioned it while I was making something to eat or taking a dump.

So you literally SHIT when you heard the news?!

milkman
04-22-2010, 11:28 AM
anyone who claims Michael Jordan isn't the greatest basketball player of all time is an idiot...

PERIOD.

Fuck you you useless little prick.

Once again, you talk out of your ass and you have no fucking idea what the hell you are talking about becuase your dumbass is too fucking young to have nay fucking reference.

I have an opinion based on watching players play.

What is your opinion based on?

12 years of watching sports.

HemiEd

My favorite memories of Larry Bird, were when he was at Henry Levitt Arena playing the Shockers. He was nothing short of amazing.

Saccopoo

PERIOD.

Odd time and the wrong thread to be debating this, don't you think?

BigCatDaddy
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM

PERIOD.

Someone from LA will be along to tell you differently.

Short Leash Hootie
04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
**** you you useless little prick.

Once again, you talk out of your ass and you have no ****ing idea what the hell you are talking about becuase your dumbass is too ****ing young to have nay ****ing reference.

I have an opinion based on watching players play.

What is your opinion based on?

12 years of watching sports.

http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/athletes.html

spanky 52
04-22-2010, 11:30 AM
I think this Berry guy could be very special.

notorious

There isn't anything intersting going on in the sports world during this time of the year.

Oh...Wait.

Detoxing
JFC.....this went from inside info about the draft to Peyton Manning and now onto Michael Jordan....

Some of you have A.D.D man.....

BigCatDaddy
So you literally SHIT when you heard the news?!

No news, just after hearing them review our past drafts. Go figure.

Fat Elvis
04-22-2010, 11:31 AM

can anyone confirm this?

If true, as much as I like Berry, I would jump on that in a heartbeat--and I am someone who is usually against trading down but this is a deep, deep draft and we have a whole lot of holes to fill. Earl Thomas + Jimmy Claussen>Eric Berry IMO.

milkman
04-22-2010, 11:32 AM

this kind of thing always happens with Hootie, and sad to say, I'm always drawn into it because I simply can not let the proclamations of a 12 year old sports fan with Jordan and Manning jizz running down his throat go unchallenged.

I'm not saying he's 12 years old, I'm saying his sports fandom is 12 years old.

The Bunk

Did he indicate where they'd go if Berry happens to be gone at #5? Judging from your previous posts, I'm assuming it's Okung?

BigCatDaddy
JFC.....this went from inside info about the draft to Peyton Manning and now onto Michael Jordan....

I had to copy your post because I forgot what you posted.

Sure-Oz
04-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah, let me make a call to the 9ers and i'll let you know

Please do that...:)

I was just wondering if anyone actually heard this on the radio

LaChapelle
04-22-2010, 11:34 AM
General Mills' Berry Licious breakfast cereal

Detoxing
04-22-2010, 11:34 AM
If true, as much as I like Berry, I would jump on that in a heartbeat--and I am someone who is usually against trading down but this is a deep, deep draft and we have a whole lot of holes to fill. Earl Thomas + Jimmy Claussen>Eric Berry IMO.

You're assuming that Clausen would be there....and if the 9ers are willing to trade up to #5 it can only mean two things.

1. Suh fell to us.

2. They're afraid that Seattle may take Clausen and MAYBE SF really has a hard on for him.

I doubt there is any relevancy to this story though. Like you said, there is so much depth in this draft, it wouldn't make sense to trade both of your 1st rnders like that for one player.

If the 9ers stayed where they are....they would be the ones with Thomas and Clausen.

Frosty
04-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Especially considering that this shit has already been rehashed on this board a bunch of times. :shake:

milkman
http://espn.go.com/sportscentury/athletes.html

I don't give a rat's ass.

When experts start the "LeBron" is the geatest player ever crap in a few years, are you going to jump on the bandwagon because he's the newest shiniest piece?

Society is all about the newest, shiniest piece.

SenselessChiefsFan

can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm that they have been batting around this idea for the last three days. It is nothing more than rumor and speculation.

That said, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Detoxing
I had to copy your post because I forgot what you posted.

LMAO

Pawnmower
04-22-2010, 11:36 AM
I can confirm that they have been batting around this idea for the last three days. It is nothing more than rumor and speculation.

That said, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Hell yah...THAT would be a 'wow'

Detoxing
04-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Hell yah...THAT would be a 'wow'

I just dont see that happening. I dont think the 9ers are that stupid.

Pawnmower
04-22-2010, 11:39 AM

I reluctantly, sadly have to agree...If they did it I would laugh my ass off and be joyous.

Warrior5
04-22-2010, 11:55 AM

I don't think the Raiders would even be that stupid...

Ralphy Boy
04-22-2010, 12:00 PM
BTW, This is all great until the Eagles trade back their 2nd rounder to the Redskins so that they can move up to 4 and get Berry.:cuss:

For all you stupid fuggers who like to call people out when they get draft compensation wrong, I'm not saying it would only cost them their 2nd to move up that high.

notorious
04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
BTW, This is all great until the Redskins trade back their 2nd rounder to the Redskins so that they can move up to 4 and get Berry.:cuss:

For all you stupid fuggers who like to call people out when they get draft compensation wrong, I'm not saying it would only cost them their 2nd to move up that high.

They are going to trade picks to themselves? LMAO

Ralphy Boy
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
They are going to trade picks to themselves? LMAO

uh, fixing the post.

notorious
04-22-2010, 12:03 PM
uh, fixing the post.

Had to break your balls :)

It would be the safest trade in NFL history, though.

MahiMike
04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
so let it be written...

so let it be done!

SenselessChiefsFan
04-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't give a rat's ass.

When experts start the "LeBron" is the geatest player ever crap in a few years, are you going to jump on the bandwagon because he's the newest shiniest piece?

Society is all about the newest, shiniest piece.

True, but over time the size and strength of players has changed. It is only logical that today's athletes, would, for the most part, dominate the athletes of 20 years ago. And, it would be that way in any sport.

There is the tendency of some to think warm thoughts about the good old days, when they were never as good as we remember them.

Then, there are those who think that anything today is better.

Both opinions are flawed if applied without exception. And, both have merit.