PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft The Broncos are raping shit right now

Pages : 1 [2]

Mecca
04-23-2010, 03:16 AM
Can you break this down?

How do you mean break it down? I'm sure I can when I realize what you're talking about.

Count Zarth
04-23-2010, 03:18 AM
How do you mean break it down? I'm sure I can when I realize what you're talking about.

How did they spend the equivalent of five first rounders?

Miles
04-23-2010, 03:19 AM
A lot of what McDaniels does in the draft appears to be predicated on his ego. He defies conventional wisdom regularly and makes a lot of "I'm smarter than you" picks. I doubt that he is, and it invites problems since he doesn't have much in the way of oversight there, but I think he has a plan... it's just inscrutable.

I was a little concerned KC might be falling into that but the Berry pick relieved my concerns on that.

McDanaiels also seems to take the Shanahan RB approach to QBs which couldn't seem more arrogant.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 03:20 AM
Knowshon Moreno
Robert Ayers
Traded a 1st for Alphonso Smith

DeMaryius Thomas
Tim Tebow

That adds up to the equivalent of 5 1st round picks.

Von Dumbass
04-23-2010, 03:22 AM
A lot of what McDaniels does in the draft appears to be predicated on his ego. He defies conventional wisdom regularly and makes a lot of "I'm smarter than you" picks. I doubt that he is, and it invites problems since he doesn't have much in the way of oversight there, but I think he has a plan... it's just inscrutable.

The thing that confuses me though, is that as bad as the talent on that defense was when McDaniels took that job, he's spent the equivalent of five first round picks and netted his defense a nickel corner and a pass rusher who recorded zero (0) sacks in his first year.

That defense was turned around though and this year he added a lot of beef up front through free agency.

I really like the direction McDaniels is taking Denver. He is trying to bring in guys who put winning and team above all else, guys who hate losing more than they love winning. Brandon Marshall seemed more interested in stats than he did wins, and Cutler just seemed disinterested. Denver's SB teams were filled with team first, win at all cost guys (Rod Smith, Elway, Sharpe, Romo, Easy Ed)...

Miles
04-23-2010, 03:23 AM
Knowshon Moreno
Robert Ayers
Traded a 1st for Alphonso Smith

DeMaryius Thomas
Tim Tebow

That adds up to the equivalent of 5 1st round picks.

Didn't realize it was quite that bad.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 03:24 AM
I would hope after dropping 5 1st round picks, I had more to show than the Broncos have.

Miles
04-23-2010, 03:28 AM
I would hope after dropping 5 1st round picks, I had more to show than the Broncos have.

Apparently it isn't the mediocrity that everyone else see but elite talent.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 05:54 AM
That defense was turned around though and this year he added a lot of beef up front through free agency.

I really like the direction McDaniels is taking Denver. He is trying to bring in guys who put winning and team above all else, guys who hate losing more than they love winning. Brandon Marshall seemed more interested in stats than he did wins, and Cutler just seemed disinterested. Denver's SB teams were filled with team first, win at all cost guys (Rod Smith, Elway, Sharpe, Romo, Easy Ed)...

You listed five guys that you wanted before you guys made your pick. Five. The Broncos traded down, then traded up, and ended up with a WR that was no where on your board.

Last week, when it was pointed out that Tebow could go to Denver, you said that the Broncos were just doing their due diligence and shrugged it off.

The reality is that you are now rationalizing two reaches. Will they be good players? Maybe. I don't have a crystal ball and I like both of these guys off the field....only... the games are played ON the field.

This is why you are a joke and will never be taken seriously.

Von Dumbass
04-23-2010, 06:06 AM
You listed five guys that you wanted before you guys made your pick. Five. The Broncos traded down, then traded up, and ended up with a WR that was no where on your board.

Last week, when it was pointed out that Tebow could go to Denver, you said that the Broncos were just doing their due diligence and shrugged it off.

The reality is that you are now rationalizing two reaches. Will they be good players? Maybe. I don't have a crystal ball and I like both of these guys off the field....only... the games are played ON the field.

This is why you are a joke and will never be taken seriously.

My board doesn't mean anything because I am just a fan. Obviously the players I valued the Broncos didn't, and I will trust guys who watch thousands of hours of game film, have talked to their coaches and friends, know what their system needs, and know who should be available later in the draft.

If the Broncos think they can find some interior lineman or ILB's later in the draft that actually fit their system better then so be it. I am positive that McDaniels got the guys he wanted because he had the ammo to move up to any draft slot and would not be deterred from getting the player he wants.

Chiefs=Good
04-23-2010, 06:14 AM
My board doesn't mean anything because I am just a fan. Obviously the players I valued the Broncos didn't, and I will trust guys who watch thousands of hours of game film, have talked to their coaches and friends, know what their system needs, and know who should be available later in the draft.

If the Broncos think they can find some interior lineman or ILB's later in the draft that actually fit their system better then so be it. I am positive that McDaniels got the guys he wanted because he had the ammo to move up to any draft slot and would not be deterred from getting the player he wants.

admittance of a true fan.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 06:34 AM

I understand having 'faith'.... but there is no way that you should be selling it that this draft made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.... or maybe you think that you finally have a chance to be the guy that takes Tim Tebow's virginity.

Anyways, this is why you are joke.... and always will be. It would be entirely different if you were supporting draft picks that you believe in... but you aren't. You are supporting guys that you were sure you weren't taking prior to the draft.... especially not in the first round.

Oh, and we got the second best player in the draft. A kid with Tim Tebow's character, but Berry has talent to go with it.

CHIEF4EVER
04-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Tim Tebow is the total package. He is a faster, more mobile version of Big Ben with 10 x's the leadership qualities. Philip Rivers had horrible mechanics coming out, heck he still has horrible mechanics but he can still get the job done. Tebow has corrected his mechanics and has an unparalleled work ethic.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

KnowJackShit you are in DENIAL and I don't mean a river in Egypt. Tebow will someday be a competent clipboard holder in the NFL...AT BEST.

JOhn
04-23-2010, 07:27 AM
I understand having 'faith'.... but there is no way that you should be selling it that this draft made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.... or maybe you think that you finally have a chance to be the guy that takes Tim Tebow's virginity.

ROFLROFL

I literally choked on my coffee after reading that.:clap:

kaplin42
04-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Funniest thread ever!!!

Basileus777
04-23-2010, 12:44 PM

The thing that confuses me though, is that as bad as the talent on that defense was when McDaniels took that job, he's spent the equivalent of five first round picks and netted his defense a nickel corner and a pass rusher who recorded zero (0) sacks in his first year.

I've read this somewhere else (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2142127&#post2142127)....

Are you the same person?

vailpass
04-23-2010, 12:44 PM

Oh sweet irony, thy name is Mecca.

notorious
04-23-2010, 12:57 PM
I've read this somewhere else (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2142127&#post2142127)....

Are you the same person?

Whoa!

No Kidding...

orange
04-23-2010, 12:57 PM
My board doesn't mean anything because I am just a fan.

admittance of a true fan.

Admittance of reality. Unlike the many here who are certain they would do a better job from their vast knowledge of mock draft sites.

noa
04-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Admittance of reality. Unlike the many here who are certain they would do a better job from their vast knowledge of mock draft sites.

Shit, I think my grandma could do a better job than McDumbass. But I'm happy to watch you guys blow draft picks to tread water. And arguably, what you've done doesn't even qualify as treading water, its more likely regression.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 01:04 PM

so are you 'possible cabbage'

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2142127&#post2142127

orange
04-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Shit, I think my grandma could do a better job than McDumbass. But I'm happy to watch you guys blow draft picks to tread water. And arguably, what you've done doesn't even qualify as treading water, its more likely regression.

So what do you think for the Broncos? 3-13 again?

noa
04-23-2010, 01:11 PM

No, I don't think the Broncos will be that bad this year, I just don't think they've done a whole lot to improve their team. They've made a bunch of moves, but I don't think they were the right moves.

doomy3
04-23-2010, 01:16 PM
so are you 'possible cabbage'

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2142127&#post2142127

ROFL

Embarrassing.

notorious
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM

After a 2-8 finish, who really knows?

The schedule is easier, but you HAVE to admit that things fell apart in a horrific way last year.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 01:18 PM

Are you the same person?

Shhh...

notorious
04-23-2010, 01:19 PM
How could you do this to us?!?!

LMAO

Mecca
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I have to think before I post over there or I'll get banned, it's happened before.

dirk digler
04-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Are you seriously possiblecabbage and how the fuck did you come up with a name like that?

notorious
04-23-2010, 01:24 PM
I have to think before I post over there or I'll get banned, it's happened before.

Oh no Mecca, you just admitted that you don't think before you post here.....

The Truefans are going to go fucking bananas. LMAO

A thoughtless Mecca has better takes then a retarded thought filled TrueFan anyday.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Haha, no I'm not really possible cabbage but that name is really funny. He was spot on with that take so I decided I'd post it instead of typing it myself at 5 in the morning when I was half asleep.

doomy3
04-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Haha, no I'm not really possible cabbage but that name is really funny. He was spot on with that take so I decided I'd post it instead of typing it myself at 5 in the morning when I was half asleep.

What a joke.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Would you prefer I go, hey possible cabbage said, when most people are going to go, who the fuck is that?

doomy3
04-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Would you prefer I go, hey possible cabbage said, when most people are going to go, who the **** is that?

No, but you could say, "I read this on another forum."

this is like copying from Rotoworld or ESPN and passing it off as your own info.

RJ
04-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Who among us hasn't borrowed an occasional post from possible cabbage?

bowener
04-23-2010, 01:41 PM
So many picks.....

Don't the Patriots have 14 or 15 picks right now?

Could they be a team to take Gigantor Gaither?

DaWolf
04-23-2010, 01:49 PM

Those guys are great when you have a prick HOF QB running the show, an all pro running back to hand off to, a HOF tight end to throw to, an all pro WR running routes for you, a dirty offensive line blocking for you, and an owner who illegally circumvents the salary cap running the team...

Mecca
04-23-2010, 01:49 PM
The only bad part of this is McDaniels is going to get fired shortly, it's really to bad for us.

FD
04-23-2010, 01:54 PM
All my posts are copied from possible cabbage.

Including this one.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Well he is a cabbage he knows all.

Reaper16
04-23-2010, 02:12 PM
IMO, Mecca, you should have credited the post. I have to stay consistent; I've called out people for not crediting copy/pastes from sites and I called out Zach yesterday for not crediting a comment he saw on Twitter.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Alright, no big deal, well now we have possible cabbage jokes.

Brock
04-23-2010, 02:14 PM

Basileus777
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Mecca does this all the time. I have it on good authority that 43.7% of his posts and copy and pasted from other websites.

orange
04-23-2010, 02:40 PM

Personally, whenever I put "possible" and "cabbage" together, it's got something to do with bowel movements.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 02:46 PM
weird, but whatever....

Reaper16
04-23-2010, 02:47 PM
Mecca does this all the time. I have it on good authority that 43.7% of his posts and copy and pasted from other websites.
Do you run each of his posts through Google or something?

FAX
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Wait just a ding dong dangly dang minute here. Mr. Mecca has been posting plagiarizingly?

I knew that Mr. Rain Man did that, but Mr. Mecca? I'm flumblasted. Blasted with pure flum.

How do you get flum off, anyhow?

FAX

Reaper16
04-23-2010, 03:21 PM

FAX
Lye.

orange
04-23-2010, 03:22 PM

FAX

This should work; it's only a difference of a couple letters.

http://wpms2063.com/images/cardinal/BAXSCA930-flutter-mucus-asthma-copd-removal-device.jpg

PossibleCabbage
04-23-2010, 03:59 PM

Me.

Hi folks, I just signed up here because I'm apparently internet-famous now.

veist
04-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I linked Cabbage to this.

vailpass
04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Those guys are great when you have a prick HOF QB running the show, an all pro running back to hand off to, a HOF tight end to throw to, an all pro WR running routes for you, a dirty offensive line blocking for you, and an owner who illegally circumvents the salary cap running the team...

sigh...those were the days. Thanks for the nice walk down memory lane.

vailpass
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM

ROFL

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Me.

Hi folks, I just signed up here because I'm apparently internet-famous now.

someone really like your work

ROFL

Valiant
04-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Tim Tebow is the total package. He is a faster, more mobile version of Big Ben with 10 x's the leadership qualities. Philip Rivers had horrible mechanics coming out, heck he still has horrible mechanics but he can still get the job done. Tebow has corrected his mechanics and has an unparalleled work ethic.

I am surprised no one has made a quote thread for some of the asinine things you have wrote over the years..

FAX
04-23-2010, 04:17 PM
What evil lurks in the second round? The Cabbage knows.

FAX

FAX
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Me, for one. Possible cabbage jumped the shark somewhere around pick 18. My source is Likely Lettuce. He's lean, green, and on the scene.

FAX