PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Best Draft evar! Prisco: Broncos' McDaniels can kiss job goodbye with Tebow pick.

arrowheadnation
04-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Best first night of the draft EVAR!!!! ROFL

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13275324/broncos-mcdaniels-can-kiss-job-goodbye-with-tebow-pick

Broncos' McDaniels can kiss job goodbye with Tebow pick
April 22, 2010
By Pete Prisco
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Tell Pete your opinion!

Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels should enjoy the next year or two in Denver. Really. Soak all of it in. Enjoy being a head coach. Enjoy making all the decisions.

Your days are numbered.

When you trade away Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, the key components in the Broncos passing game in a year span, and then draft Tim Tebow in the first round of the draft, you are sending a loud message.

Talent doesn't matter.

Character does.

Why not pick the altar boys from the parish down the street? Aren't they good kids? Or maybe you can pick all the "A" students in this draft?

It doesn't matter if they can play. Just make sure they are good "yes men."

It just doesn't make any sense.

I understand a coach wanting to have good character guys, but this is going past that.

Tebow is a fifth-round talent.

First round?

Nobody in their right mind would ever say that Tebow plays the position better than Cutler. But Cutler was shipped out for being a bad boy.

Now they have Saint Timmy to fix things.

Here's a bet: He doesn't even beat out Brady Quinn.

He makes Quinn and Kyle Orton, the other quarterback, look like John Elway.

Tebow is raw. He doesn't understand the passing game. He doesn't read defenses.

Oh, but he's a good kid.

At least he'll save the locker room.

Really? If you aren't playing, character doesn't matter. The NFL is a cruel business. His rah-rah crap doesn't matter. They won't listen. They won't stand for it.

Crying after losses?

Yeah, right.

Does he work hard? Yes. Does he want to be good? Yes.

But the skills aren't there. He isn't close to being as good as Jimmy Clausen. Too bad for Jimmy he doesn't have the character Tebow has, at least that's what they say.

The Broncos reached big time for Tebow. But look at the bright side: At least he won't be running the streets.

He also won't be starting anytime soon -- if ever.

And Josh McDaniels will lose his job in a year or two over this one and his other moves over the past year.

For more from Pete Prisco, check him out on Twitter: @PriscoCBS

Mr. Flopnuts
04-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Boy I hope he's wrong about that. I'd like to see McDaniels coaching that team in 2025 at this point.

KurtCobain
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Boy I hope he's wrong about that. I'd like to see McDaniels coaching that team in 2025 at this point.

thread over.ROFLROFL
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cpMTOqKOcMI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miles
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
I hear he is the greatest pick ever. And tomorrow Denver could yet make further picks that defy logic but still so great. The guy named after a mediocre picks says so.

SNR
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Tim Alualu

vailpass
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
We'll see. I agree that if McKid doesn't win soon he is out of the NotForLong.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-22-2010, 11:39 PM
I said last week that McDaniels had completely destroyed that team after the Marshall trade.

I was wrong.

Now he's completely destroyed it.

Trade Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Tony Sheffler

Receive two 1sts, two seconds, a third, and a fifth.

Those picks are turned into (along with the two picks from 2010 and 2009)

Robert Ayers
Knowshon Moreno
Alphonso Smith
Tim Tebow
Demaryius Thomas
Seth Olsen

and you gave away another 3rd and a 4th in the Tebow deal.

But you still have a 2011 2nd and a 2010 5th.

Miles
04-22-2010, 11:44 PM
I said last week that McDaniels had completely destroyed that team after the Marshall trade.

I was wrong.

Robert Ayers
Knowshon Moreno
Alphonso Smith
Tim Tebow
Demaryius Thomas
Seth Olsen

It is essentially the total downside concern of Pioli's/that management trees's projected wost possible moves becoming reality for another team.

SNR
04-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Ironic that Tebow is going to a team whose past two drafts have been absolute abortions

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM

I was wrong.

Robert Ayers
Knowshon Moreno
Alphonso Smith
Tim Tebow
Demaryius Thomas
Seth Olsen

They also gave away a 1st in the Alphonso Smith deal. (Who?) ROFL

Miles
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Ironic that Tebow is going to a team whose past two drafts have been absolute abortions

Tebow "Ned Flanders" disapproves of this thinking.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 12:10 AM
There is a fine line.

DV concentrated on character and turned a piss poor offense into the talk of the league. He also did it with hand-me-down players everyone else had given up on.

Amazing.

That same attitude allowed his defense to suck arse. Consistently.

It takes all kinds. A mix, but just the right mix, to make a winner. It's a volatile stew...

Count Zarth
04-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Does he have to go?

Rausch
04-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Does he have to go?

No.

I'd prefer to have the underachieve and suck for at least 4 more years...

DBOSHO
04-23-2010, 12:59 AM
This guy

mustve got his

paragraphing

From

Dane

Buck
04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
These have been the best 2 offseasons ever.

BigRock
04-23-2010, 01:05 AM
There's an even better column there ripping McDaniels. Better because Prisco didn't make any circumcision jokes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13276708?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

The league is laughing at Denver right now. Other teams are guffawing and mocking them and making Broncos jokes. The countdown until Josh McDaniels gets his ass canned has officially started. Denver wasted a valuable first-round pick on a player who will do nothing for years unless they move Tebow to fullback or make him a missionary and have him snip foreskins.

Somewhere, John Elway weeps.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 01:05 AM
This guy

mustve got his

paragraphing

From

Dane

ROFL

Rausch
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
The countdown until Josh McDaniels gets his ass canned has officially started. Denver wasted a valuable first-round pick on a player who will do nothing for years unless they move Tebow to fullback or make him a missionary and have him snip foreskins.

Somewhere, John Elway weeps.

LMAO

Mecca
04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Denver has to be the worst run team in all the NFL, even Al Davis can't comprehend what they are doing.

FAX
04-23-2010, 01:39 AM
These have been the best 2 offseasons ever.

And to think, Mr. Buck, that it all started with visions of Cassel. Had Denver acquired Cassel in the beginning, the odds are that they would not have drafted Tebow today. The dominoes continue to fall toward the 9th circle of donkey hell where the rivers of Crisco flood the land.

FAX

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 04:46 AM

I was wrong.

Robert Ayers
Knowshon Moreno
Alphonso Smith
Tim Tebow
Demaryius Thomas
Seth Olsen

it is unreal

people who didn't regularly watch Tebow don't understand just how absurd it is to draft him in the first round

i'm listening to the radio in SEC country right now and people are blown away at the stupidity of that pick

Bane
04-23-2010, 04:51 AM
I'm just so very happy that I got to witness the total destruction of the Donks by their own HC......BWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.I know they'll twist and Twatter about it all week,but that 1st round was a pitiful excuse of an attempt to upgrade a team.They better hope Tebow really is Jesus Jr...ROFLROFLROFL

Consistent1
04-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Really was an amazing pick. I had went outside for a couple minutes and walked back in to see this.I was like WTF?They had at least gotten a pretty decent bet as a WR,but Tebow?It was funny how McD got made fun on by the TV crew for comparing Thomas to Marshall also.That is comedy gold to compare a draft pick to a guy you just traded, and make it seem like a strength.I gotta say I didn't think the guy was THAT fucking stupid.If some miracle winning stretch doesn't happen, McD is already done.
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
04-23-2010, 05:53 AM
Denver has to be the worst run team in all the NFL, even Al Davis can't comprehend what they are doing.

even the Jags GM who just picked Alualu at 10 was like WTF with the Tebow pick.

Marcellus
04-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Brady Quinn has to be thinking WTF? Why even trade for me. Get me the hell out of here.

milkman
04-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Brady Quinn has to be thinking WTF? Why even trade for me. Get me the hell out of here.

More like WTF? I'm working for a dumbass.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 07:10 AM
In two years...for you guys...it'll be all over but the crying.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Knowshit will in here saying that Tebow will be a pro bowl qb

Rain Man
04-23-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm fine with blaming "Small Talk" McDaniels, but don't the Broncos have a GM? And wouldn't the GM be the guy who made the final call? Or do they have a different structure? I've never paid much attention because they're the devil.

milkman
04-23-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm fine with blaming "Small Talk" McDaniels, but don't the Broncos have a GM? And wouldn't the GM be the guy who made the final call? Or do they have a different structure? I've never paid much attention because they're the devil.

Diiferent structure.

Ted Xanders is basically what Pioli was to Belichick..

Von Dumbass
04-23-2010, 07:56 AM

Brian Xanders and McDaniels work in tandem, nothing gets done unless they both agree on a player. Xanders was one of the Falcons front office guys the year they drafted Matt Ryan.

Rain Man
04-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Diiferent structure.

So it was McDaniels' final call, then?

Dang. They really should have had his parent or guardian look the pick over before he made it.

KCtotheSB
04-23-2010, 08:00 AM
Not to defend the Donks' lame pick at all, but Pete Prisco is a professional dickweed on par with the likes of Skip Bayless.

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Brian Xanders and McDaniels work in tandem, nothing gets done unless they both agree on a player. Xanders was one of the Falcons front office guys the year they drafted Matt Ryan.

So they hold hands and kiss and say "Let's do it".

Jesus, someone has to have the final decision, you dumbass.

Bane
04-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Diiferent structure.

So he obeys the HC?Nice...lol
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
04-23-2010, 08:03 AM
We'll see. I agree that if McKid doesn't win soon he is out of the NotForLong.

There is nothing to see. You just took Tim Tebow in the 1st rd. Let me repeat: Tim Tebow in the 1st round!
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Rain Man
Is a contract with McDaniels even legal? I thought you had to be 18 to sign a contract.

Bane

Or they have but sex first then make the pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
04-23-2010, 08:08 AM

That is the structure that McDaniels believes in. That is how it was done in NE from what McD said last offseason. Bowlen didn't want his next HC to have total control anyways.

Red Brooklyn
04-23-2010, 08:10 AM
ROFL

Sweet Jesus, that's funny. I think I pooped a little. Seriously. Well done.

:clap:

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:10 AM
"The Mile High Messiah"

That get my vote for the best Tag.

ROFL

milkman
04-23-2010, 08:12 AM
That is the structure that McDaniels believes in. That is how it was done in NE from what McD said last offseason. Bowlen didn't want his next HC to have total control anyways.

Yeah, everone knows that Bill Belichick didn't have all the control in New England.

All these feel good bullshit stories about shared resonsibilities are just that, feel goo bullshit stories to make people feel good about the guy you just hired.

You're a fucking moron if you believe taht every decision is made jointly.

But then, I know you believe it, cause I know you're a fucking moron.

Bane
04-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Yeah, everone knows that Bill Belichick didn't have all the control in New England.

All these feel good bullshit stories about shared resonsibilities are just that, feel goo bullshit stories to make people feel good about the guy you just hired.

You're a fucking moron if you believe taht every decision is made jointly.

But then, I know you believe it, cause I know you're a fucking moron.

It has to be true,Twatter says so!Bwaaaa haaaa haaaa
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
04-23-2010, 08:15 AM
"The Mile High Messiah"

That get my vote for the best Tag.

ROFL

Rain Man
04-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Tim Tebow just knocked on my door and handed me a scripture. This is going to get old fast.

Bane
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
They should make Tebows number 5280.He will bring Donkfukk nation together as 1 and align the stars and deliver them to the holy land.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM

Nooooooooooo!

That is pretty good Knowmo. ROFL

DJ's left nut
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM
In fairness to McDaniels, Pete Prisco is the CoMoChief of interweb football hacks.

If I'm Tebow, I just start writing my HOF acceptance speech now because Prisco is a retard.

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Let me guess Knowmo thinks Tebow is Elway.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:28 AM

Hell no.

He think Elway is Tebow.

Except for the whole water into wine thing.

wasi
04-23-2010, 08:29 AM
This occurred to me last night after hearing about the Broncos pick, not sure if it's been discussed here or not.

Tim Tebow is a lefty. Will the Broncos be moving Clady to RT now?

notorious
This occurred to me last night after hearing about the Broncos pick, not sure if it's been discussed here or not.

Bwwhahahhahahahahahahah

It gets better and better!

Von Dumbass

No I would compare him to Roethlisburger though.

ChiTown
04-23-2010, 08:31 AM

ROFL - you have got to be the biggest fucking retard on this board. I wish we had a special sticker for you and your "accomplishments"ROFL

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Guys you are being too rough on our next QB coach.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 08:33 AM

WTF?!!!!

Bane
04-23-2010, 08:34 AM
I thought McGod only took players who fit his style?Oh wait......Bwaaaaaaaaa
Posted via Mobile Device

Von Dumbass
04-23-2010, 08:37 AM

Yeah I thought about that too, I'm sure McD will answer that question sometime in the offseason.

I don't see it being that much of a problem though. A player as gifted as Clady shouldn't have any problems switching sides.

Brock
04-23-2010, 08:39 AM

It doesn't matter if your h-back is a lefty or not.

Bane
04-23-2010, 08:43 AM

Or your clip board organizer!
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:44 AM

LMAO

L.A. Chieffan
04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
im just confused as to why he moved UP to draft him. drafting him is one thing but giving up picks...

Pasta Giant Meatball
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
He's the perfect fit as team chaplain. What a masterstroke by McD.

milkman
04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Yeah I thought about that too, I'm sure McD will answer that question sometime in the offseason.

I don't see it being that much of a problem though. A player as gifted as Clady shouldn't have any problems switching sides.

Good God.

LMAO

What a fucking tool.

Chiefnj2
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
@WhitlockJason Tim tebow the most talked about white bronco since OJ and AC

Bane
04-23-2010, 09:57 AM
im just confused as to why he moved UP to draft him. drafting him is one thing but giving up picks...

McShortbus is on the hot seat and he knows it!He is grasping at straws in an attempt to prove his "genius" as OC/QB Coach/HC and he will FAIL miserably just like he did last year. He is nothing without BB pulling his strings and it shows more everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
@WhitlockJason Tim tebow the most talked about white bronco since OJ and AC

ROFL

Props to Whitlock for that one. He may be getting to work on the short bus these days, but that's pretty good.

Wonder who he stole it from?

Chris Meck
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
I sincerely hope that the Donks drafted Tebow to play pure QB, I really do.

But I doubt it. I think they'll use him as a package player, for wildcat/pistol personnel packages. I'd bet that's what the plan is.

Which is still really dumb to take the guy in the first round.

Von Dumbass
04-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Joe Montana's QB coach worked with Tebow to get him ready for his pro day and he compared him to Montana and Boomer Esiason.

Tim Tebow is ready for NFL, old Bucs coach Sam Wyche says
By Gary Shelton, Times Sports Columnist
In Print: Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The dismantling of a legend is in full force. These days, it is easy to wonder if Tim Tebow ever played football at all.

Listen, and you will hear about the long, loopy flaw in his delivery. Read, and you will find those who question his feet, his arm and his ability to read an opposing defense. Pay attention, and you will find those who think any NFL team interested in drafting Tebow is wasting its time.

Then there is Sam Wyche, who suggests the critics should worry more about their accuracy than Tebow's.

"If this guy can't be a starting quarterback in the NFL," said Wyche, a former Bucs coach, "then I was in the wrong profession for a lot of years."

Say this much for Wyche. He didn't win enough games in Tampa Bay (23 in four years), but he knows what a quarterback looks like. Once, in San Francisco, he was Joe Montana's quarterback coach. Once, in Cincinnati, he was Boomer Esiason's head coach.

These days, Wyche is part of Tebow's pit crew, the collection of coaches in charge of reinventing Tebow's passing mechanics. Last month, Wyche and Tebow spent two days at a facility in Franklin, Tenn., working in the classroom and on the field.

In the end, Wyche was impressed with what he saw. And if the reports out of Franklin are correct, NFL scouts might do well to give Tebow another look when he has his pro day (March 17).

"Would I draft him?" Wyche said. "Absolutely. Sure. If he's not taken early, somebody is going to be called a genius for taking him wherever he goes."

Perhaps you have heard different reports, haven't you? Since the end of the season, skeptics have lined up to talk about the varied reasons why Tebow will not succeed in the NFL. At times, the talk was so harsh you wondered if those 47 games Tebow's Florida team won was a misprint, or if his 88 touchdown passes were just a rumor.

Some of that, naturally, is the way the draft process dissects a player. But some of it seems to be a backlash toward a player who was praised so often in college.

Give Tebow credit for this much: He has at least been on a quest to get better. How many quarterbacks who were stars in college can say that? Former NFL offensive coordinator Zeke Bratkowski is the chief mechanic, but Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman and Arizona State offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone have offered input, too.

As for Wyche, he became involved when Tony Dungy, the coach who replaced him in Tampa, recommended him to Bob Tebow, Tim's father. Wyche, now 65 and a county council member in Pickins, S.C., dusted off his whistle and came aboard.

"He's accurate," Wyche said of Tebow. "He's smart. He anticipates well. He's a commander in the huddle. He has good footwork. He has agility. He has athleticism. So many things are right about this guy."

Wyche said their sessions began in the classroom. What does it mean when the free safety is in the middle? (It means a defense can't outnumber you.) What does it mean when the corner is bent at the waist? (Probably zone coverage, because it's not a good man technique.) What does it mean when the corner plays inside technique? (He doesn't have safety help.)

"He's as smart as anyone," Wyche said. "I was around Montana and Boomer, and they would be at the top of the list of understand theory coming out of college. They understood concepts. This guy is right with them. I hope he gets a good coordinator and a good quarterback coach. If not, he'll be smarter than they are."

Arm strength? Wyche says Tebow will have one of the strongest arms in the league. Footwork? Wyche says it's as good as anyone's. Accuracy? Along with intelligence, Wyche says that's Tebow's strongest asset.

Ah, but then there is Tebow's much-discussed delivery. While at Florida, there were a lot of plays when Tebow wound up like a pitcher and threw the ball like a shot-putter.

Wyche admits that if he knew nothing more than what he was seeing on film, that would concern him. As it is, Wyche thinks Tebow will quickly overcome his flaws in the manner that former NFL star Randall Cunningham did when he came out of college with his own awkward delivery.

"Everyone wants to talk about his long windup and dropping the ball," Wyche said. "But if he takes the ball up with two hands, which he didn't do in college, you have to put it in the same spot near your ear every time. If you wind up (as Tebow did at Florida), you get a different release point every time.

"Boy, he worked hard at it. He could tell when he tried and it wasn't right. He was coaching himself."

So where is Tebow going to be drafted? First round? Third round? As an H-back?

Wherever it is, Wyche said, he hopes there is a veteran there who can mentor him for a year or so.

"Paul Brown used to say to me, 'Don't tell me about how good an athlete a guy is. Tell me about how good a football player he is.' I think Tebow is one of the elite."

So, you ask Wyche. Is Tebow better than anyone you coached in Tampa Bay?

"Well, yeah."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/tim-tebow-is-ready-for-nfl-old-bucs-coach-sam-wyche-says/1075098

veist
04-24-2010, 02:01 AM

They're both into less than consensual sex?

whoman69
04-24-2010, 08:16 AM

I was wrong.

Robert Ayers
Knowshon Moreno
Alphonso Smith
Tim Tebow
Demaryius Thomas
Seth Olsen

Let's not forget getting rid of Nolan who was the main reason your team got out to the fast start anyway. McDaniel needed a sacrificial lamb and got rid of his best coach to do so.

MahiMike
04-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Tim Alualu

Yup. At least Denver was smart enough to get extra picks out of there #11.

Von Dumbass
04-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Let's not forget getting rid of Nolan who was the main reason your team got out to the fast start anyway. McDaniel needed a sacrificial lamb and got rid of his best coach to do so.

The defense was also a big reason for the late season collapse we gave up 175 yards rushing per game the last 6 games of the season.

Basileus777
04-25-2010, 11:58 PM
As Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post points out, the eventual marriage was sparked by a 15-minute session (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14953999) at the Scouting Combine, when Tebow met with coach Josh McDaniels and other members of the Broncos' contingent.

"I was jacked leaving that room," Tebow said. "I didn't even want to visit another room. It was not enough time. We were excited, we were enthusiastic. There was passion. It was just intense, and it was ball, and it was juice. The juice level in that room was high, and it was awesome."

McDaniels agreed. "We left [the Combine] saying, 'Boy, that's pretty unique, what he has and his passion for this game and for winning.' He's been a winner, and you could see why."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/25/tebow-mcdaniels-made-instant-connection/

This is some great material.

Von Dumbass
04-26-2010, 12:04 AM
As Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post points out, the eventual marriage was sparked by a 15-minute session (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14953999) at the Scouting Combine, when Tebow met with coach Josh McDaniels and other members of the Broncos' contingent.

"I was jacked leaving that room," Tebow said. "I didn't even want to visit another room. It was not enough time. We were excited, we were enthusiastic. There was passion. It was just intense, and it was ball, and it was juice. The juice level in that room was high, and it was awesome."

McDaniels agreed. "We left [the Combine] saying, 'Boy, that's pretty unique, what he has and his passion for this game and for winning.' He's been a winner, and you could see why."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/25/tebow-mcdaniels-made-instant-connection/

I posted that "it was ball it was juice" quote in the Homer2000 thread. I knew you guys would get a kick out of it because I even laughed when I read it.

Thig Lyfe
04-26-2010, 03:21 AM
This guy

mustve got his

paragraphing

From

Dane

I'm pretty sure he tweeted this column in 140-word increments.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2010, 04:48 AM
I've been out all week, very limited access to anything and it's been great... :D I am getting caught up on everything and I'm not at all excited about the Tebow pick. I can only hope to be proven wrong. I do like a bulk of the other picks, but trading 3 for Tebow... I just don't like that right now.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-26-2010, 05:56 AM
I've been out all week, very limited access to anything and it's been great... :D I am getting caught up on everything and I'm not at all excited about the Tebow pick. I can only hope to be proven wrong. I do like a bulk of the other picks, but trading 3 for Tebow... I just don't like that right now.

Honesty... how refreshing.

Chiefs draft was very good overall. I would have liked them to address linebacker, but I really like the players they selected, so I can't grip too much.

Von Dumbass
04-26-2010, 05:57 AM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kM_q2Z7Zg1U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kM_q2Z7Zg1U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Mile High Mania
04-26-2010, 06:16 AM
I just think I'd rather have the 2-3 Defensive guys and a TE or other with the 3 picks they used to move back into R1. I like the other picks... Thomas and Decker have very nice upside. Every player out there can be picked apart for one reason or another and as one might expect, the bulk of Denver's picks have been shredded on this board. :p

I would have loved some youth for the DL, but so be it... I do like the OL picks and the WRs. I just don't buy a QB project as a top priority. I agree that his potential is there if they can improve his technique and his work ethic is great, but ... it's just not a move that I would have made.

alanm
04-26-2010, 06:16 AM

That along with players picking dance music at practices you just know the whole team is getting ready to come out. :thailor:

Von Dumbass
04-26-2010, 06:25 AM
I just think I'd rather have the 2-3 Defensive guys and a TE or other with the 3 picks they used to move back into R1. I like the other picks... Thomas and Decker have very nice upside. Every player out there can be picked apart for one reason or another and as one might expect, the bulk of Denver's picks have been shredded on this board. :p

I would have loved some youth for the DL, but so be it... I do like the OL picks and the WRs. I just don't buy a QB project as a top priority. I agree that his potential is there if they can improve his technique and his work ethic is great, but ... it's just not a move that I would have made.

Tebow isn't some QB who has a weak arm or has poor accuracy, he has ALL of the physical tools to succeed. He has an awesome deep ball, the best in college football, has the strongest arm out of Bradford, Clausen, and McCoy, is the most mobile of the three, and has the best pocket presence, and to top it all off he has the work ethic of Peyton Manning.

He just wasn't asked to take snaps under center in college. I have no doubt he will get that down quickly considering it only took him a few weeks to completely change his mechanics.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2010, 06:26 AM
I'm not denying that Tebow is a great athlete with nice upside... you have such wildly mixed thoughts on his ability at this level, that nobody truly knows. So, all I can do is sit back and hope for the best. Orton is the QB for this team right now and he proved last year that he's good in this system. We'll see how they make up for the loss of Marshall and how the rookies step up.

Nothing should be expected from Tebow until 2012... and again, I hope I'm proven to be wrong by being upset with the pick.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2010, 06:28 AM
Tebow isn't some QB who has a weak arm or has poor accuracy, he has ALL of the physical tools to succeed. He has an awesome deep ball, the best in college football, has the strongest arm out of Bradford, Clausen, and McCoy, is the most mobile of the three, and has the best pocket presence, and to top it all off he has the work ethic of Peyton Manning.

He just wasn't asked to take snaps under center in college. I have no doubt he will get that down quickly considering it only took him a few weeks to completely change his mechanics.

I've seen all the same highlights and read all the same scouting reports... the 'experts' have mixed emotions on the guy for a reason. None of this is an exact science, but changing his mechanics in only a few weeks? Let's see what happens when he's asked to step in and play during preseason.

The Broncos didn't take a step back with this pick, I think overall that they had a solid draft... but, turning 3 picks into Tebow... just not something that I would have done.

Von Dumbass
04-26-2010, 06:31 AM
I'm not denying that Tebow is a great athlete with nice upside... you have such wildly mixed thoughts on his ability at this level, that nobody truly knows. So, all I can do is sit back and hope for the best. Orton is the QB for this team right now and he proved last year that he's good in this system. We'll see how they make up for the loss of Marshall and how the rookies step up.

Nothing should be expected from Tebow until 2012... and again, I hope I'm proven to be wrong by being upset with the pick.

You are a longtime football fan, can you honestly say that after all of those years watching football that you can't see that Tebow has the "It Factor"?

There is no way that Tebow will bust. Not a chance. He has "it".

Mile High Mania
04-26-2010, 06:38 AM
You are a longtime football fan, can you honestly say that after all of those years watching football that you can't see that Tebow has the "It Factor"?

Yes, I have been a fan of football since long before the days of Twitter.... :evil:

Honestly, you can look out your window at players with "it" that have failed at this level. There have been consensus "must pick" number one overall selections that have failed miserably. So, why would I expect the great Tebow to be immune to potential failure? There is a lot to like about the guy, I watch a lot of SEC football and yes... he has "it" for a football player in college. It remains to be seen what he has at the NFL level.

HemiEd
04-26-2010, 07:52 AM
There's an even better column there ripping McDaniels. Better because Prisco didn't make any circumcision jokes.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13276708?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

unless they move Tebow to fullback or make him a missionary and have him snip foreskins.
:LOL:ROFL

HemiEd
04-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Yup. At least Denver was smart enough to get extra picks out of there #11.
But that is the funny part, if I understand it correctly. They ended up giving up those additional picks to move up and grab him later. So why not just draft him at 11?!

notorious
04-26-2010, 08:13 AM
If Tebow plays really well in the Preseason games, it would be the worst thing to possibly happen for Denver.

Orton is going to be the same guy, which isn't bad but isn't amazing. If he struggles a little bit, unrealistic Bronco fans are going to start calling for Tebow, and if McDingleberry caves due to job pressure and runs him out there it will get ugly.

Even if he shows huge improvement, Tebow shouldn't see the field as a full-time QB until mid 2011.

As for his potential, I believe the sky is the limit for Tebow. If he gets thrown in with the wolves, it will kill his progress.

Von Dumbass
04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
McDaniels doesn't care what outsiders think. If he did he would have never traded Cutler, wouldn't have traded Marshall, and wouldn't have drafted Tebow in the first round.

I don't see why Orton would struggle after he played so well last year. He only had a couple bad games last year and was probably our most consistent player on offense. Orton should be even better than he was last year and hopefully Tebow gets to run 5-10 plays a game this year and is the full time starter in 2011.

orange
04-26-2010, 08:24 AM
But that is the funny part, if I understand it correctly. They ended up giving up those additional picks to move up and grab him later. So why not just draft him at 11?!

Thomas + Tebow > Tebow

Really, is that hard to understand?

Garcia Bronco
04-26-2010, 08:26 AM

I have to agree.

notorious
04-26-2010, 08:30 AM
McDaniels doesn't care what outsiders think.

I agree.

But .....

When a coaches job comes under attack, that is when they start making desperate decisions. I am not saying it will happen this year, next year, or ever, but if things do not go right (take it from a Chiefs fan, we have a LOT of experience in this field) bad things begin to snowball.

I am a big Tebow fan, so I do not want to see the kid ruined by getting thrown out there by a desperate coach that is reaching for anything to save his ass.

Mile High Mania
04-26-2010, 08:32 AM

I'm still playing catch up from being out all week... are you asking why not just draft Tebow at #11? I like the way the traded down and received additional picks because it gave them leverage and they were able to get a guy at WR (Thomas) that has great size and upside. Thomas may not be the most polished of the top WRs, but I like his upside in the offense and again, he's a big target with nice skills.

If all they did was walk away from R1 with Tebow, I would be furious.

I disagree with the notion that Tebow playing well in the preseason would be bad for Denver. It is the preseason and if he does do well, it's against other teams that aren't starting their "real" starters for the most part.

Orton is the guy... bottom line. Competition isn't a bad thing and if he continues to build upon the things they did last year, Orton will be fine and so will the team. Of all the things that happened in the draft, Tebow is the least of my concerns at this point. In the end, sure... his success or failure will define the draft because of the 3 picks they gave up to get him.

The Broncos took 9 players in the draft... I like Thomas and Decker, both are big WRs with lots of potential in McD's offense. I like the three guys they took on the OL, they needed help there and by all accounts - Walton should be a starter from Day one with a nice career in front of him.

I'm more concerned about how year 2 of the McD era evolves with the revamped DL and the new WRs. Tebow won't be a factor in 2010.

Steve Sewell
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
I don't know what to think about Tim Tebow, but if I had put my own money on it, it would be hard to bet against him.

I also think its hilarious that people are characterizing the pick as one that will "make or break" McDaniel's career. He's a late 1st round draft choice. If Tebow busts and McDaniel wins with Orton/Quinn/(some QB other than Tebow) it won't make any difference. The sum of the Broncos draft this year appears to be pretty solid, with or without the Tebow pick.

Overall, I think this was a great draft for the AFC West teams in general. The division hasn't been a lot of fun over the last few years because the Broncos, Chiefs, and Raiders have ranged from bad to mediocre. I'd just like to see it be a more competitive division.

vailpass
04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Is this like the "Best Offseason Ever"?

Fish
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Orton is the guy... bottom line. Competition isn't a bad thing and if he continues to build upon the things they did last year, Orton will be fine and so will the team.

Yeah... I'm sure Orton is just aglow with confidence and assurance right now after the Donkeys traded for Quinn, and then gave up multiple picks for Father Tebow.

He knows McDaniels is in his corner for sure.....

orange
04-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah... I'm sure Orton is just aglow with confidence and assurance right now after the Donkeys traded for Quinn, and then gave up multiple picks for Father Tebow.

He's on a one-year tender. He already knew he would have to produce more or be gone. If he wilts under this, so be it.

thecoffeeguy
04-26-2010, 12:05 PM

Wow, just wow.

Extra Point
04-26-2010, 12:08 PM
This Prisco guy is full of it. If Denver's FO wanted Tebow, it's obvious Orange is right. McDaniel being at risk, is a joke, as much as Haley being at risk.

Von Dumbass
04-26-2010, 12:19 PM

"I'm happy for Tim," Orton said. "Excited to work with him. It really doesn't change my mind-set at all. As I've said before, competition is part of this job. I don't think this changes my standing at all. You know my wish is to be here for a long time. My play is just going to have to determine that."

I understand the business," Orton said. "I've been through some interesting situations for six years now. There's only one thing I can control, and that's my work and my play. I'm excited about going into my second year with this offensive system. I think we're going to be a great team this year."

"I certainly understand the economics of a first-round draft pick at quarterback. But I'm really set on going out and having the best year of my career. And whatever decision they make, it's going to be a tough one for them."

"You can't control front-office moves," Orton said. "You can't control coaching and all that stuff. You can control your play, and you can control how you lead this offense. And I'll be better at it this year than I was last year."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14953996?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Orton is going to be the pro that he has always been. He is still going to show up to practice early and stay late. That is just the way Orton is.

FAX
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM

I think you're probably right ... if, Mr. KnowMo2724, the "It" to which you are referring is a jock strap that somebody when crazy on with a Bedazzler.

FAX

HemiEd
04-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Thomas + Tebow > Tebow

Really, is that hard to understand?

That is why I said "if I understand it correctly" as I really didn't follow all of their ACTIVITY closely, as there was a lot of it. Enjoy your Tebow. I'm still playing catch up from being out all week... are you asking why not just draft Tebow at #11? I like the way the traded down and received additional picks because it gave them leverage and they were able to get a guy at WR (Thomas) that has great size and upside. Thomas may not be the most polished of the top WRs, but I like his upside in the offense and again, he's a big target with nice skills.

If all they did was walk away from R1 with Tebow, I would be furious.

Yeah, I missed the net gain of Thomas, as I just didn't watch it that closely.

CoMoChief
04-26-2010, 02:43 PM
I agree.

But .....

When a coaches job comes under attack, that is when they start making desperate decisions. I am not saying it will happen this year, next year, or ever, but if things do not go right (take it from a Chiefs fan, we have a LOT of experience in this field) bad things begin to snowball.

I am a big Tebow fan, so I do not want to see the kid ruined by getting thrown out there by a desperate coach that is reaching for anything to save his ass.

:shake:

Bane
04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Well you can bet on one thing for sure,with all the Tebow love out there and McShortbus's opinion of his HC/OC/QB coach skills, Bronco fans definitely have something to be excited about.Who knows how its gonna work out but it should make for some good drama!
Posted via Mobile Device

orange
04-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Well you can bet on one thing for sure,with all the Tebow love out there and McShortbus's opinion of his HC/OC/QB coach skills, Bronco fans definitely have something to be excited about.Who knows how its gonna work out but it should make for some good drama!
Posted via Mobile Device

Without the Broncos, that whole first round would have been a snoozefest.

I hearby christen McDaniels "Josh McDrama"

http://www.sachs.ab.ca/dept/finearts/drama/drama.gif

Bane
04-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Without the Broncos, that whole first round would have been a snoozefest.

I hearby christen McDaniels "Josh McDrama"

http://www.sachs.ab.ca/dept/finearts/drama/drama.gif

Well I'll probably catch shit over it but I like Tebow.I don't think he'll be ready to step in under center anytime soon as the main guy but I think he can be a hell of a QB if coached right.I know I wish any QB we've had since Green wanted it as bad as Tebow does.I really hate that you guys drafted him,good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
12-16-2011, 05:18 PM
I was searching for something else and found this... kinda funny to go back and read all the commentary.

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Do you think Pioli gave Joshie McDoucheKnuckle Haley's game plan

Chiefs Pantalones
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I was searching for something else and found this... kinda funny to go back and read all the commentary.

I'm sorry man but everyone was still right. It's been a crazy ride for you guys but you can't expect the Donkeys to win a Super Bowl, let alone a playoff game, playing college football. If you do, congrats, I mean, hey, I thought teams would've caught up to this by now, but all Tebow does is win ugly. It should continue to some extent this Sunday (but not as far as winning) because the Patriots employ a fake defense. I don't think you're gonna win a shootout against Brady. But we'll see. Good luck.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-16-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry man but everyone was still right. It's been a crazy ride for you guys but you can't expect the Donkeys to win a Super Bowl, let alone a playoff game, playing college football. If you do, congrats, I mean, hey, I thought teams would've caught up to this by now, but all Tebow does is win ugly. It should continue to some extent this Sunday (but not as far as winning) because the Patriots employ a fake defense. I don't think you're gonna win a shootout against Brady. But we'll see. Good luck.

The Donkeys started 6-0 with Boy Genius Mc Daniels and the "Top 10 QB" Orton and we saw reality strike very quickly out in Pile High. Expect a similar thing starting this Sunday.

whoman69
12-16-2011, 06:16 PM
The Donkeys started 6-0 with Boy Genius Mc Daniels and the "Top 10 QB" Orton and we saw reality strike very quickly out in Pile High. Expect a similar thing starting this Sunday.

Then things started to go south and McDaniels fired Nolan to cover for his own ineptitude and despite that the Broncos were winning with their defense.

listopencil
12-16-2011, 06:41 PM

So...we lose to the Pats. So what? Most likely the other AFC West teams are losing as well, especially the Raiders. We're still in the driver's seat with two winnable games left. BFD.

listopencil
12-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Well I'll probably catch shit over it but I like Tebow.I don't think he'll be ready to step in under center anytime soon as the main guy but I think he can be a hell of a QB if coached right.I know I wish any QB we've had since Green wanted it as bad as Tebow does.I really hate that you guys drafted him,good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

:clap:

Mile High Mania
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM

That's the crazy part... most were and still are correct, but the 'team' is winning, it's not just TT winning. We'll see how well the NE defense plays and the big key is how Denver's defense plays against Brady-Gronk-Welker...

The funny thing is this - they could lose (close or big) to the 10 win Patriots and everyone will say "see, told you he sucks". All the while, he'd still be 7-2 as a starter this season.

I have no dreams of them winning a SB this year... or a playoff game, not saying it can't happen, but I'm just enjoying it for what it is.

Garcia Bronco
12-16-2011, 07:47 PM

We don't run that much of a college offense as we did weeks ago.

Garcia Bronco
12-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Then things started to go south and McDaniels fired Nolan to cover for his own ineptitude and despite that the Broncos were winning with their defense.

Nolan asked to leave...to go to Florida. Just like Charlie Weiss.

Dexter Manley
12-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Right up there with

"If AZ lands Matt Leinart, I predict AZ goes to the Super Bowl... and presto, Pete was right again!!!"

veist
12-17-2011, 11:42 PM
That's the crazy part... most were and still are correct, but the 'team' is winning, it's not just TT winning. We'll see how well the NE defense plays and the big key is how Denver's defense plays against Brady-Gronk-Welker...

The funny thing is this - they could lose (close or big) to the 10 win Patriots and everyone will say "see, told you he sucks". All the while, he'd still be 7-2 as a starter this season.

I have no dreams of them winning a SB this year... or a playoff game, not saying it can't happen, but I'm just enjoying it for what it is.

I still can't believe how many of these teams just keep making epic mental lapses to get Denver where they are. Don't get me wrong, Denver has done its fair share in taking advantage of those mental lapses but its been lucky break after lucky break in the mental lapse department to setup Denver for the improbable chance to win. Like last week you have a guy that almost never fumbles in his career fumble and lose it (and which team recovers a fumble is itself a crapshoot outcome in general), making a boneheaded play going out of bounds and stopping the clock when that was the last thing the team wanted and them giving up on the defensive scheme that had stifled Denver all day to go with the Cover 2.

Frankie
12-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I still can't believe how many of these teams just keep making epic mental lapses to get Denver where they are....

Jesus walked on water and raised the dead. As miracles go this is relatively amateur stuff for him.

veist
12-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Jesus walked on water and raised the dead. As miracles go this is relatively amateur stuff for him.

:rolleyes: Apparently even Jesus loves Tom Brady more than Tebow.