PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Predict the first four picks of the Second Round

KChiefs1
04-23-2010, 01:18 PM
33. Browns - Colt McCoy
34. Bills - Jimmy Clausen
35. Bucs - Rodger Saffold
36. Chiefs - Golden Tate

I would be tempted to take Sergio Kindle but his knee issues worry me so maybe take him at #50?

Mr. Laz
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Rams - WR Tate
Vikes - S Mays
Bucs - OT Charles Brown
Chiefs - QB Clausen

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Chiefs - Clausen
Vikes - Mays
Bucs - Saffold
Rams - Benn

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Berry AND Clausen.

Unthinkably great.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Santa Clausen is coming, to town!

Pestilence
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Browns - McCoy
Vikings - Mays
Bucs - Griffen
Chiefs - Clausen

GoHuge
04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Rams-Price
Vikes-Clausen
Bucs-Benn
Chiefs-Kindle or Tate (Just not sure)
Eagles-Mays

CaliforniaChief
04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Rams: Benn
Vikings: Mays
Bills: Clausen
Chiefs: Tate

Mecca
04-23-2010, 01:59 PM
You guys gonna flip your shit when the Chiefs take Cody?

CaliforniaChief
04-23-2010, 02:00 PM
You guys gonna flip your shit when the Chiefs take Cody?

I'd be disappointed because there are still 4 good NT's left on the board, especially if we were to pass on Clausen. But NT is a huge need.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I actually think Everson Griffen is a guy the Chiefs will have high, but we'll see how this plays out.

Pestilence
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I actually think Everson Griffen is a guy the Chiefs will have high, but we'll see how this plays out.

If he can play OLB in the 3-4.....then I wouldn't be upset. I'd rather come away with Clausen or Tate though.

CaliforniaChief
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM

What are you hoping that we do? I'm assuming Clausen?

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM
I'll be highly surprised if the Chiefs get Clausen.

Woodrow Call
04-23-2010, 02:04 PM

IIRC he was one of our 30 visits. I'd love to have him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:05 PM
We can take Griffen and Williams and bring some USC flare to the table!

CaliforniaChief
04-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I think I'd be surprised, but not shocked. If they chose him in the first, it would have been acknowledgment that Cassel was a bad move. Now, they can sell him as one of those "talent that fell into our laps and was too good to pass up" picks.

Pestilence
04-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I think I'd be surprised, but not shocked. If they chose him in the first, it would have been acknowledgment that Cassel was a bad move. Now, they can sell him as one of those "talent that fell into our laps and was too good to pass up" picks.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Plus he's gonna come fucking cheap as well.

noa
04-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I think Rams/Browns trade makes sense. Rams can still get a good WR with the 38th pick.

So, Browns -- McCoy, Vikes -- Mays, Bucs -- Saffold, Chiefs -- Clausen

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:12 PM
I think the Bucs are going to take whoever the best WR is, they literally have no WR's.

GoHuge
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Still not understanding the love affair with Clausen. A ton of people here were screaming for us to pick him at #5 and thank God we didn't. I know there are a ton of CP members that think they are much more qualified to evaluate talent the people that do it for a living at the highest level, but every single team passed on the dude. Hell Tebow went ahead of him and he's getting really close to having McCoy go in front of him. Like I said I know there are a ton of talent evaluators here that just got overlooked by the NFL, but this is just getting silly. There are more people clamoring for Clausen now than they were at #5. We have a 2nd round QB now that has proven he can win with talent around him. Why draft another one? Give the guy that did OK with dogshit around him a chance to succeed. He's done it before and wasn't horrible last year. Trint was -6 his first season with more around him and he worked out OK. Clausen is not a franchise QB. 32 NFL teams have said he isn't. Don't know of MC will be, but why have two guys that have a slim chance of becoming one? Do you think if we double down on mediocrity we'll find greatness?

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Let's not use the Broncos stupidity as the barometer for Jimmy Clausen.

Pestilence
04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Still not understanding the love affair with Clausen. A ton of people here were screaming for us to pick him at #5 and thank God we didn't. I know there are a ton of CP members that think they are much more qualified to evaluate talent the people that do it for a living at the highest level, but every single team passed on the dude. Hell Tebow went ahead of him and he's getting really close to having McCoy go in front of him. Like I said I know there are a ton of talent evaluators here that just got overlooked by the NFL, but this is just getting silly. There are more people clamoring for Clausen now than they were at #5. We have a 2nd round QB now that has proven he can win with talent around him. Why draft another one? Give the guy that did OK with dogshit around him a chance to succeed. He's done it before and wasn't horrible last year. Trint was -6 his first season with more around him and he worked out OK. Clausen is not a franchise QB. 32 NFL teams have said he isn't. Don't know of MC will be, but why have two guys that have a slim chance of becoming one? Do you think if we double down on mediocrity we'll find greatness? Highly doubtful.

:spock: You call what he did last year......OK?

KChiefs1
I think the Bucs are going to take whoever the best WR is, they literally have no WR's.

I can see a run on WR's starting off the 2nd round.

CHENZ A!
I have a feeling that everyone is going to be disappointed with our pick bc it won't be any of these guys. It will be someone obscure that nobody really thought of and we'll all go WTF PIOLI!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
I have a feeling that everyone is going to be disappointed with our pick bc it won't be any of these guys. It will be someone obscure that nobody really thought of and we'll all go WTF PIOLI!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
a bunch of people predicted the same thing in round 1

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Mays would be a fun pick for the Chiefs. At least one receiver's head would be literally knocked off next season.

Chief Chief
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Still not understanding the love affair with Clausen. A ton of people here were screaming for us to pick him at #5 and thank God we didn't. I know there are a ton of CP members that think they are much more qualified to evaluate talent the people that do it for a living at the highest level, but every single team passed on the dude. Hell Tebow went ahead of him and he's getting really close to having McCoy go in front of him. Like I said I know there are a ton of talent evaluators here that just got overlooked by the NFL, but this is just getting silly. There are more people clamoring for Clausen now than they were at #5. We have a 2nd round QB now that has proven he can win with talent around him. Why draft another one? Give the guy that did OK with dogshit around him a chance to succeed. He's done it before and wasn't horrible last year. Trint was -6 his first season with more around him and he worked out OK. Clausen is not a franchise QB. 32 NFL teams have said he isn't. Don't know of MC will be, but why have two guys that have a slim chance of becoming one? Do you think if we double down on mediocrity we'll find greatness? Highly doubtful.

Totally agree, and I'll add the following: How's Clausen (or Cassel for that matter) going to excel or be more productive in this offense that has dropsy receivers? Pioli's not ready to send Cassel packing after only 1 year on the job; his mission now is to place quality players on the field with Matt. Having Clausen holding a clipboard or even starting with the offense this season won't improve our offensive production when there aren't other quality offensive players on the field. Pick up Tate or Williams and give Cassel a decent opportunity to show us what he can do with better pass protection from our already-improved O-line and receivers that were proven playmakers at the college level.

Pestilence
04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
:facepalm:

L.A. Chieffan
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
im not sure if u guys know this or not but our offensive coordinator was clausen's head coach last year. just fyi

DBOSHO
04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Browns-mccoy
vikes-mays
bucs-benn
chiefs-kindle/tate(hopefully clausen)

Chief Chief
Posted via Mobile Device

Jacksonville GM Gene Smith has already thought of and picked an obscure person: DE Tyson Alualu.

How would it be possible for Pioli to top that?

Woodrow Call
Rams-Benn, Vikings-Allen, Bucs-Washington, Chiefs-Joseph
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Mays.

Dave Lane
04-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Chiefs - Clausen
Vikes - Mays
Bucs - Saffold
Rams - Benn

Dave Lane approves of this message

Dave Lane
04-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Rams-Price
Vikes-Clausen
Bucs-Benn
Chiefs-Kindle or Tate (Just not sure)
Eagles-Mays

Dave Lane does not approve of this message

KChiefs1
04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Adam Schefter is reporting that the Rams, Vikings & Buccaneers are receiving multiple phone calls to jump in front of the Chiefs to get Clausen.

KevB
04-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Rams - Arrelious Benn
Vikings - Chris Cook
Bucs - Rodger Saffold
Chiefs - Golden Tate

Between Weis bringing in one of his guys, and Haley wanting a WR who can catch a ball, I think it's going to be Tate. Dark horse is Linval Joseph to come in and play NT.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Damn it, I want Griffen with that pick, we need pass rushers.