PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clausen drafterbators, come take your lumps

Cave Johnson
04-23-2010, 02:18 PM
A large contingent here were absolutely convinced Clausen would go no later than 7 to Cleveland, or at least in the top 20-25.

Step right up and admit to your folly.

Der Flöprer
04-23-2010, 02:19 PM
I'll admit my folly. But I still think he's the premier quarterback in this draft.

notorious
04-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Put me on the list.

The numbers support a 1st round QB is the best way to get championships.

Now that he is a second rounder, how do the numbers look? LMAO

Detoxing
04-23-2010, 02:21 PM
I didn't think he would fall out of the 1st. Not many did, nor should he have, which kinda invalidates this thread really.

You dont see the Drafturbaters making threads telling True-Fans to eat it because we took Berry, do you?

Mecca
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
This still doesn't mean he won't be a great player, now there's very little risk in taking the chance.

Brock
Me and Mel Kiper.

Coogs
A large contingent here were absolutely convinced Clausen would go no later than 7 to Cleveland, or at least in the top 20-25.

I'm surprised.

Detoxing
Put me on the list.

Drew Brees. Brett Favre. That's all I got.

Reaper16
I'll admit that NFL GMs are fucking stupid. That's what I'll admit. I'll gladly take lumps, though, if Clausen doesn't turn out to the player that I think he'll be.

OnTheWarpath58
04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Me and Mel Kiper.

LMAO

petegz28
04-23-2010, 02:25 PM
I didn't think he would fall out of the 1st. But perhaps it is a sign from God that he goes at #36???

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 02:25 PM

i said a 100 times that we'd never take him

so suck my cock since i was right or something

BillSelfsTrophycase
04-23-2010, 02:26 PM
I didn't think he would fall out of the 1st. But perhaps it is a sign from God that he goes at #36???

Pray to Tim Tebow that it happens

BigRichard
04-23-2010, 02:26 PM
I'll admit that NFL GMs are ****ing stupid. That's what I'll admit. I'll gladly take lumps, though, if Clausen doesn't turn out to the player that I think he'll be.

Apparently a lot of coaches are dumb asses as well.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vPeIzjcDJGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vPeIzjcDJGg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

milkman
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
I've said over and over again that I am not sold on Clausen, and I didn't think he'd fall into the second round.

notorious
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM

Decent list if you ask me. I do not recall a lot of QB's being taken in the 2nd round anyway.

BigRedChief
04-23-2010, 02:28 PM
so suck my cock I didn't know that about you. NTIAWWT.:rolleyes:

Sully
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Wanted him.
Want him even more, now.

DJ's left nut
I'll admit I never thought he'd slip past Buffalo and both 49er picks.

I also think both Buffalo and the 49ers are damn morons for allowing it to happen.

Pushead2
I thought it said "come take your humps" :hump:

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
i'm tired of all the people who apparently never watched a draft before taking credit for a QB falling....the same people who never want us to draft a QB....

25 years without a QB and the only thing that excites people is us not drafting a QB...even when he's available at a discount in the 2nd..

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 02:35 PM
It's great for the Chiefs that he's dropped.

Now go get him.

TRR
Put me on the list.

I was thinking the same thing LOL. That's all I heard is that KC HAS to take a first round QB or they are almost guaranteed to never win a Super Bowl. That was the premise for every argument surrounding the Clausen debate.

LOL.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan
now everyone is gonna say he's the next Drew Brees because he will be a 2nd rounder tonight

Detoxing
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
i'm tired of all the people who apparently never watched a draft before taking credit for a QB falling....the same people who never want us to draft a QB....

25 years without a QB and the only thing that excites people is us not drafting a QB...even when he's available at a discount in the 2nd..

Amen

Bane
04-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I thought he'd be gone by 10 so.......lump away I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pushead2
I hope KC does take him in the 2nd. Why the fuck not.

Detoxing
I was thinking the same thing LOL. That's all I heard is that KC HAS to take a first round QB or they are almost guaranteed to never win a Super Bowl. That was the premise for every argument surrounding the Clausen debate.

LOL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Even if he's taken in the 2nd rnd, he's still a first rnd talent.

BigCatDaddy
04-23-2010, 03:00 PM
"Some coaches are real dumbasses" - John Gruden

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
I thought he'd go in the 20s at the worst, although I never proposed taking him at 5. But I did (and still do) think he'll be the best pro QB out of this class. I absolutely would take him at 36.

Dicky McElephant
04-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I'll step up. I still think he's a top 10 talent. If he's falling because of "attitude problems", then there are a LOT of dumbass people in the NFL.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
if Clausen didn't have a first round grade then must believe no is going to trade up and take him in an hour.....

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
if Clausen didn't have a first round grade then must believe no is going to trade up and take him in an hour.....I think that's sound logic, although, at the same time, teams have had 16 or 18 hours to (over)think about it now.

BossChief
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
This whole scenario and how it is playing out will end up making the kid a better player.

Lump away

Deberg_1990
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM

Oh, and dont forget Matt Blundin.

OnTheWarpath58
04-23-2010, 03:22 PM
"Some coaches are real dumbasses" - John Gruden

I thought he'd go in the 20s at the worst, <del>although I never proposed taking him at 5.</del> But I did (and still do) think he'll be the best pro QB out of this class. I absolutely would take him at 36.

These.

Dayze
04-23-2010, 03:24 PM

:clap:

Deberg_1990
04-23-2010, 03:29 PM

Agreed..its ridiculous really....

This stuff happens every single year. Now that the draft is more popular and publisized than its ever been, people make a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

Dave Lane
04-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I'll admit that I'd love to get him in the 2nd round. I'd JIMP

bh13
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I was hoping he'd slide so we could get him and Berry but I never would have guessed he'd slip to the second. I'm not completely sold on him, but I would like to see us take a chance on a QB.

That being said, there's a lot of ways they could go today that would still leave me happy without getting Clausen.

Cave Johnson
04-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Agreed..its ridiculous really....

This stuff happens every single year. Now that the draft is more popular and publisized than its ever been, people make a bigger deal out of it than it really is.

I'm only making an issue of it because of the constant drumbeat that you only get franchise QBs in the hight 1st. Clausen had ego issues, which is understandable given all the accolades he drew from early on. He'll be a better player for not being drafted high and having a chip on his shoulder.

The problem with any high pick is, will they continue to work as hard once they get generation-changing wealth. The jury's still out on T-Jax and Dorsey, but Berry seems like a better bet to deserve a big 2nd contract.

Pants
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
I guarantee you that if we don't trade up and he's at 36, we're taking him. I will bet my sig/avatar/whatever else with anybody on this.

AND there's a good chance we'll trade up to get him.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
I didn't think he would fall out of the 1st. Not many did, nor should he have, which kinda invalidates this thread really.

You dont see the Drafturbaters making threads telling True-Fans to eat it because we took Berry, do you?

First, I think "I told you so" is pretty lame when it comes to any of this stuff. We all have opinions, but all of us are wrong about the same as we are right.

But, I don't agree that 'most' thought he was worth a first round pick. Mel Kiper is best friends with his agent, and I think most of the hype came from that. McShay had the kid as a second round prospect. I thought he might get pushed into the first round because teams reach for QB's..... but I never thought he was worth a first round pick.

I am not saying I was right, because I thought he would go in the first round.... but I think most teams had him rated as a second round prospect.

Cave Johnson
04-23-2010, 04:34 PM
First, I think "I told you so" is pretty lame when it comes to any of this stuff. We all have opinions, but all of us are wrong about the same as we are right.

But, I don't agree that 'most' thought he was worth a first round pick. Mel Kiper is best friends with his agent, and I think most of the hype came from that. McShay had the kid as a second round prospect. I thought he might get pushed into the first round because teams reach for QB's..... but I never thought he was worth a first round pick.

I am not saying I was right, because I thought he would go in the first round.... but I think most teams had him rated as a second round prospect.

But McShay has an irrational hatred of Clausen.....

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
But McShay has an irrational hatred of Clausen.....

Well, apparently, it's contagious.

Der Flöprer
04-23-2010, 05:58 PM
I'll admit my folly. But I still think he's the premier quarterback in this draft.

My opinion hasn't changed, but I'm ready for a plate of crow shit now. It is what it is.