View Full Version : Chiefs McCluster is a good pick

jwazzie
04-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Very good hands: Check
Fast: Check
Stong frame: check
Will he block?: check
Will he be a WR?: check

Very good pick and I feel people will eat their words.

Priest31kc
04-23-2010, 05:51 PM
Agreed. I understand everyone's shocked, but this dude will be our slot WR. Michael Smith said most teams in the league view him as a WR/KR, not a RB. I highly doubt he gets many carries. He will be our Wes Welker.

Johnny Vegas
04-23-2010, 05:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bSI0YjPFPoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bSI0YjPFPoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigRedChief
04-23-2010, 05:52 PM
As I said....This is Pioli's Wes Walker.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 05:52 PM
You don't spend an early 2nd rounder on a slot receiver, IMO.

AZChief
04-23-2010, 05:53 PM
i agree. this team needs speed and playmakers...he's both.

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't have an issue with it if he was a couple inches taller. I just don't know how it's going to work with a 5'8 guy. Same reason I never thought it would work with Dante Hall. We'll see what happens.

Priest31kc
04-23-2010, 05:54 PM

Ummmm, didnt everyone want Golden Tate????? He would have been our slot WR.

mcaj22
04-23-2010, 05:55 PM
this guy is nothing close to Percy Harvin you homers are nuts. McCluster is a good player and all but you are really fucking reaching for comparisons here. You cannot justify that pick no matter how you cut it. I don't know why we took a guy that isnt even going to play every down for us, when there is talent out there for actual positional needs on this team.

If I'm Jamaal Charles, I take this and Thomas Jones as a signing the Chiefs have no confidence in me and I demand a trade. This team is stupid for adding onto the position we have our only decent up and coming player at. You mean to tell me you guys are honestly going to be happy when Jamaal Charles comes out of the game in situations for Dexter McCluster? Are you nuts?

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Ummmm, didnt everyone want Golden Tate????? He would have been our slot WR.I wasn't in that camp.

eazyb81
Yes this is a solid pick, many are just taking sand out of their vag about us passing on Clausen. If McCluster has the gamebreaking ability of Harvin, Maclin, D Jackson, etc, then it will be a fantastic pick.

DJ's left nut
A round too high.

This is absolutely inexcusable. In a draft this deep, this kid would've been there a round later. We could've traded back or used our 3rd on him.

There was way way WAY too much high-end talent that won't be there later that we passed on to get a midget fumbler.

No, this will never be a good pick. They can mitigate the shittiness of the pick, but it WILL NOT be a good pick.

Fuck Pioli.

eazyb81
04-23-2010, 05:58 PM
A round too high.

This is absolutely inexcusable. In a draft this deep, this kid would've been there a round later. We could've traded back or used our 3rd on him.

There was way way WAY too much high-end talent that won't be there later that we passed on to get a midget fumbler.

No, this will never be a good pick. They can mitigate the shittiness of the pick, but it WILL NOT be a good pick.

**** Pioli.

Obviously not when Sal came out and said the Eagles were going to take him.

kcfan82
04-23-2010, 05:58 PM
There are always people who can butter up a pick with a little homerism. I'm sure Denver forums had some people all for the Tebow pick too.

Considering in the second half of the season our defense got ran over like a wet paper bag I don't see the huge need for a slot reciever.

Der Flöprer
04-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I'll be happy if I can look back and eat my initial reaction to the pick.

KCtotheSB
04-23-2010, 05:59 PM
A round too high.

**** Pioli.

Even though y'know....the Eagles wanted him a pick later....

Fat Elvis
04-23-2010, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't have an issue with it if he was a couple inches taller. I just don't know how it's going to work with a 5'8 guy. Same reason I never thought it would work with Dante Hall. We'll see what happens.

Wes Welker is 5'9"

McCluster will be the Chiefs Wes Welker.

the Talking Can
Ummmm, didnt everyone want Golden Tate????? He would have been our slot WR.

Tate is actually a WR schooled in Weis' offense

McReachin is a rb we're going to train to be a WR

notice a difference

keg in kc
There are always people who can butter up a pick with a little homerism. I'm sure Denver forums had some people all for the Tebow pick too.

Considering in the second half of the season our defense got ran over like a wet paper bag I don't see the huge need for a slot reciever.Pretty much everybody on earth expected a wide receiver in the second round.

They just didn't expect this one.

mcaj22
04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Tate is actually a WR schooled in Weis' offense

McReachin is a rb we're going to train to be a WR

notice a difference

lol McReaching. What a great name for this midget

RippedmyFlesh
04-23-2010, 06:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/6215/ole-miss-mccluster-a-first-rounder

Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin, obviously having spent some time in the NFL, thinks he knows a first-round pick when he sees one.

And as far as he's concerned, he saw one last Saturday in Ole Miss' Dexter McCluster, who torched the Vols for 324 all-purpose yards and four touchdowns.

"I know what I saw Saturday, and I saw a first-rounder Saturday," Kiffin said. "He’s so difficult to deal with and so hard to tackle. With the long speed that he has, I would sure think that he would be a first-rounder based on what I saw. I assume the question of durability would come up because he’s not touched the ball like that throughout the year like he did in our game, but it didn’t seem to be an issue Saturday."

Kiffin thinks McCluster's 40-yard dash time at the NFL combine will be off the charts.

"I would think he would run comparable to Chris Johnson [of the Tennessee Titans], and you see what he’s doing in the NFL," Kiffin said.

The 5-foot-8, 170-pound McCluster is realistic about where he'll play in the NFL. He knows the chances of his being an every-down running back are remote, but he has no doubt there's a spot for him somewhere at the next level.

"I would say I'll be a slot back, maybe a return man," said McCluster, who's rushed for 591 yards in his last three games against SEC defenses. "But if they’re willing to put me back there at running back, I’ll be happy to jump back there, too.

"I might not be an every-down running back. But to throw a couple of wrinkles in ... I’ll be ready for that."

kcfan82
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Pretty much everybody on earth expected a wide receiver in the second round.

They just didn't expect this one.

I was thinking Kindle (although I don't know the story on his knee) or that middle linebacker from PSU and following that up with a big chub to stick in at NT with the second 2nd round pick (or Tate or Benn).

I hope this kid pans out too, but they certainly need to use the next pick and the 3rd round pick to shore up the defensive front 7.

Whosurdaddy
04-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Dude is a player. He will make plays. That little shit tore it up at Ole miss. I'll be glad to see him gone.

Count Alex's Losses
04-23-2010, 06:05 PM
A round too high.

The Eagles didn't think so.

WildTurkey
A round too high.

**** Pioli.

Philly was going to take him with the next pick

kcfan82
Philly was going to take him with the next pick

Is Phillys defensive front 7 as attrocious as ours?

LaChapelle
04-23-2010, 06:06 PM
If he takes #22
love will hit the air

Chieftain58
Most pathetic pick of all time!

DJ's left nut
Obviously not when Sal came out and said the Eagles were going to take him.

Yeah, because these guys haven't spent the last month talking out their asses or anything.

He wasn't going to the Eagles. With Jackson, McCoy and Maclin already on board, WTF would they have done with this kid? Even if they brought on a luxery pick like that, the Eagles are a team that actually succeeds in the NFL and knows better than to toss early picks at novelty items.

There's no way this kid goes at 37.

NewChief
He's the return of Dante Hall.

mcaj22
LOL Philly was absolutely not passing on Nate Allen for that little midget. The Eagles probably would have taken them with their second 2nd rounder though.

Pioli Zombie
04-23-2010, 06:08 PM
You don't think Wes Welker would have been worth a 2nd round pick? Do yourself a favor. Go on You tube and search on Dexter McCluster and watch some highlights. This kid is great.

cdirty
04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Every game i watched of him in college, I was impressed. He is very fast.

Whosurdaddy
04-23-2010, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb-chWh64Dc

eazyb81
04-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah, because these guys haven't spent the last month talking out their asses or anything.

He wasn't going to the Eagles. With Jackson, McCoy and Maclin already on board, WTF would they have done with this kid? Even if they brought on a luxery pick like that, the Eagles are a team that actually succeeds in the NFL and knows better than to toss early picks at novelty items.

There's no way this kid goes at 37.

Yeah he was probably just making it up and talking out of his ass, even though he has covered Philly for years and is born and raised in Philly. This isn't f'n Rachel Nichols, Sal has always covered the Eagles.

Jesus Christ dude get it together.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Wes Welker-sure thing. The kid is still a reach that early.

mcaj22
04-23-2010, 06:14 PM
this little shit is nothing close to Wes Welker. The day McReachin catches 100 balls in 3 straight NFL seasons is the day I'll put my foot in my mouth but that is never happening, ever. Come on we couldn't even get one WR to catch 50 passes last year how is this guy going to do anything with captain check down throwing to Mike Cox and Brad Cottom all day?

Fish
04-23-2010, 06:17 PM
You know... if we had a QB that could throw accurately past 10 yds, we wouldn't need to overreach for a RB turned slot receiver....

Hydrae
04-23-2010, 06:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/6215/ole-miss-mccluster-a-first-rounder

Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin, obviously having spent some time in the NFL, thinks he knows a first-round pick when he sees one.

And as far as he's concerned, he saw one last Saturday in Ole Miss' Dexter McCluster, who torched the Vols for 324 all-purpose yards and four touchdowns.

"I know what I saw Saturday, and I saw a first-rounder Saturday," Kiffin said. "He’s so difficult to deal with and so hard to tackle. With the long speed that he has, I would sure think that he would be a first-rounder based on what I saw. I assume the question of durability would come up because he’s not touched the ball like that throughout the year like he did in our game, but it didn’t seem to be an issue Saturday."

Kiffin thinks McCluster's 40-yard dash time at the NFL combine will be off the charts.

"I would think he would run comparable to Chris Johnson [of the Tennessee Titans], and you see what he’s doing in the NFL," Kiffin said.

The 5-foot-8, 170-pound McCluster is realistic about where he'll play in the NFL. He knows the chances of his being an every-down running back are remote, but he has no doubt there's a spot for him somewhere at the next level.

"I would say I'll be a slot back, maybe a return man," said McCluster, who's rushed for 591 yards in his last three games against SEC defenses. "But if they’re willing to put me back there at running back, I’ll be happy to jump back there, too.

"I might not be an every-down running back. But to throw a couple of wrinkles in ... I’ll be ready for that."

Where was Berry in that game?

Pawnmower
04-23-2010, 07:02 PM

I agree...This is like putting fancy rims and low-profile tires on a Yugo.

(Protip: Yugo = our piece of shit team)

notorious
04-23-2010, 07:12 PM
A round too high.

**** Pioli.

Um, Philly was going to pick him on the next pick. He wouldn't have been there in the third.

I thought it was quite the reach, but settle down and dig into reality.

JFC

Tuckdaddy
04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Living in the south I've seen this guy play alot and the word is versatile. He can KR, catch and run the ball. Great speed as well. We have one hell of a back field going on. He will definitely be returning kicks and lining up as a slot. Good pick.

CosmicPal
04-23-2010, 07:25 PM
Um, Philly was going to pick him on the next pick. He wouldn't have been there in the third.

Yep...Mort was saying the Eagles were extremely disappointed the Chiefs nabbed him before they could.

oldandslow
04-23-2010, 07:27 PM
yeah, if we weren't going JC - I like the pick a lot

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Hey guys, Ole Miss guy here just checking in to tell y'all that it'll be alright. Dexter will surprise you.

SEC defenses are the best in the NCAA and this is what he did to them in games where he was featured this year

Arkansas - 260 YDS
Auburn - 203 YDS
Tennessee - 342 YDS
LSU - 164 YDS

and in his last two bowl games

Texas Tech - 180 YDS
OK State - 229 YDS

I think most of y'all are concerned about his size and he certainly is a small dude, but just watch some of his game film sometime. He's also someone with pretty much zero character issues.

McCluster is so beloved in this state that there are a whollleee bunch of new Chiefs fans today. Congrats guys, best of luck!

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Screw defense, we'll Wes Welker them to death.

CosmicPal
04-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, Ole Miss guy here just checking in to tell y'all that it'll be alright. Dexter will surprise you.

SEC defenses are the best in the NCAA and this is what he did to them in games where he was featured this year

Arkansas - 260 YDS
Auburn - 203 YDS
Tennessee - 342 YDS
LSU - 164 YDS

Texas Tech - 180 YDS
OK State - 229 YDS

I think most of y'all are concerned about his size and he certainly is a small dude, but just watch some of his game film sometime. He's also someone with pretty much zero character issues.

McCluster is so beloved in this state that there are a whollleee bunch of new Chiefs fans today. Congrats guys, best of luck!

Thanks for feedback...Let's hope he can duplicate that success in the pros. :thumb:

kcpasco

Arkansas - 260 YDS
Auburn - 203 YDS
Tennessee - 342 YDS
LSU - 164 YDS

Texas Tech - 180 YDS
OK State - 229 YDS

Unlike most here, I kinda liked the McCluster pick, the Arenas pick made me go wtf though.

whoman69

Very good pick and I feel people will eat their words.

Fast: not for a WR
Strong frame: for someone 172 lbs
Will he block? as well as someone 172 lbs will
Will be a WR: check under fast

This guy ran near a 4.6 40 so he's not incredibly fast. He's 172 lbs so if he wants to stand in there for blocking he won't have much durability. He might be a good player on situational down, but we still have holes on every down positions.

HolmeZz
04-23-2010, 07:35 PM
The Arenas pick warrants scrutiny, but you guys are being complere retards about McCluster.

CosmicPal
04-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Tennessee - 342 YDS

Hmmm...looks like Eric Berry ought to be shining his helmet this rookie season. :D

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 07:37 PM
4.6 40 for a dude 172 lbs isn't fast. He may have good speed during game time, but enough of the smoke up the ass. He's a fucking reach for a team in dire need of defense in a defensive heavy draft.

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 07:38 PM
This guy ran near a 4.6 40 so he's not incredibly fast.

He ran 4.4's on both of his pro day runs. Anyone who has ever seen any game film on Dexter knows he is faster than a 4.6. That time was a fluke, no doubt.

notorious
04-23-2010, 07:39 PM

Arkansas - 260 YDS
Auburn - 203 YDS
Tennessee - 342 YDS
LSU - 164 YDS

Texas Tech - 180 YDS
OK State - 229 YDS

Thanks

Some people on this board claim that he played against high school talent.

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 07:41 PM
4.6 40 for a dude 172 lbs isn't fast. He may have good speed during game time, but enough of the smoke up the ass. He's a ****ing reach for a team in dire need of defense in a defensive heavy draft.

I can't post vids because I'm a new member, but go to youtube and type in "dexter mccluster playmaker" and the vid that pops up is him burning Arenas (who I'm not a huge fan of) and tell me if you think that guy is running a 4.6 :-)

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks

Some people on this board claim that he played against high school talent.

other SEC teams in which he had good games:

MS State - 145 yds
Vandy - 176 yds

He has shredded SEC defenses for most of his career, so I'm sure he'll be quite serviceable in the NFL.

Marcellus
04-23-2010, 08:22 PM
other SEC teams in which he had good games:

MS State - 145 yds
Vandy - 176 yds

He has shredded SEC defenses for most of his career, so I'm sure he'll be quite serviceable in the NFL.

Thanks for the insight. We have too many know it alls here to listen to someone who watched a guy play his whole career.

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the insight. We have too many know it alls here to listen to someone who watched a guy play his whole career.

thanks! I'm pissed because there used to be a vid on youtube that showed every touch he had in his 320+ yard game against Tenn, but it was taken down apparently. That vid alone would silence alot of people.

kcfan82
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't think anyone thinks that McCluster won't be a player, it's more of a question as to if KC addressed a need with him.

He seemed to be more of a frill pick for us than a guy that addresses a need....

No disrespect to him as a player, but having a guy that can gash defenses isn't going to help much when other teams are still gashing our defense.

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 08:28 PM
thanks! I'm pissed because there used to be a vid on youtube that showed every touch he had in his 320+ yard game against Tenn, but it was taken down apparently. That vid alone would silence alot of people.

some people are bitter that we didn't take Clausen, it has nothing to do with McCluster, you're right though he can shred defenses without much of a problem

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't think anyone thinks that McCluster won't be a player, it's more of a question as to if KC addressed a need with him.

He seemed to be more of a frill pick for us than a guy that addresses a need....

No disrespect to him as a player, but having a guy that can gash defenses isn't going to help much when other teams are still gashing our defense.

we needed playmakers, and that's what McCluster is, those type of players are a lot more difficult to find than Linebackers or big fat Nose Tackles

Marcellus
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM

WE NEED PLAY MAKERS EVERYWHERE.

BigChiefFan
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM

It's not about him, necessarily, it's about his role compared to our needs. At BEST, he's our THIRD RECEIVER, we don't have the luxury of picking THIRD WRs, when we don't even have STARTERS at other positions and the value was there for players that could have filled those positions.

Linval Joseph and Sergio Kindle should have been the picks. No other way around it.

kcfan82
04-23-2010, 08:32 PM
we needed playmakers, and that's what McCluster is, those type of players are a lot more difficult to find than Linebackers or big fat Nose Tackles

You'd think that, but I watched Carl fail miserably on so many D-Lineman that I don't know if I can agree. :)

With that said our team will probably resemble the 03' Chiefs now.

Lots of 41-38 type games..... :)

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM
It's not about him, necessarily, it's about his role compared to our needs. At BEST, he's our THIRD RECEIVER, we don't have the luxury of picking THIRD WRs, when we don't even have STARTERS at other positions and the value was there for players that could have filled those positions.

Linval Joseph and Sergio Kindle should have been the picks. No other way around it.

I like Kindle but spending 2nd round money on Joseph when you already have so much tied up in the two ends, I like the player but I think it's overkill

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 08:35 PM
You'd think that, but I watched Carl fail miserably on so many D-Lineman that I don't know if I can agree. :)

With that said our team will probably resemble the 03' Chiefs now.

Lots of 41-38 type games..... :)

all I know is that this team needed speed and talent just about everywhere... and we have added some talented guys... so I really can't complain... I wanted a pass rusher though, that's about my only real complaint

Brock
04-23-2010, 08:35 PM

That's nutty. This team needed a speed receiver in the worst way. Unless you enjoyed watching fucks like Bobby Wade and Lance Long.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2010, 08:37 PM
As I said....This is Pioli's Wes Walker.

Pioli is going all-in on Cassel, does this mean that they believe in Croyle too? I have a hard time to believe that Pioli wouldn't have another back up plan if something goes wrong with Cassel, especially with Weis on board.

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Pioli is going all-in on Cassel, does this mean that they believe in Croyle too? I have a hard time to believe that Pioli wouldn't have another back up plan if something goes wrong with Cassel, especially with Weis on board.

I would bet they take a QB later in this draft to come in and compete with Brodie

kcfan82
04-23-2010, 08:41 PM
That's nutty. This team needed a speed receiver in the worst way. Unless you enjoyed watching ****s like Bobby Wade and Lance Long.

I thought Lance Long was our Wes Welker... That's been working out.

Tribal Warfare
04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I would bet they take a QB later in this draft to come in and compete with Brodie

talent wise Brodie would beat anyone from this QB draft class outside of Clausen. Pioli is riding his career on Cassel's success and failure.

FAX
04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Well, the little spud is fast, that's for sure. No one's ever gotten a still shot of him yet which is encouraging.

FAX

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
talent wise Brodie would beat anyone from this QB draft class outside of Clausen. Pioli is riding his career on Cassel's success and failure.

Oh I agree....Brodie has more talent than Cassel IMO, but Pioli loves him some late round QB's so I wouldn't be surprised if he brought someone else in

NewChief
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
I'll just say that I watched this guy shred Arkansas in a most humiliating fashion. Now, our defense was suspect... but damn. The guy completely destroyed us. He was unstoppable, and it wasn't because he was getting great blocking and such. He made tons of the plays completely on his own.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
but Pioli loves him some late round QB's so I wouldn't be surprised if he brought someone else in

Catch The Fever FTW!

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
I'll just say that I watched this guy shred Arkansas in a most humiliating fashion. Now, our defense was suspect... but damn. The guy completely destroyed us. He was unstoppable, and it wasn't because he was getting great blocking and such. He made tons of the plays completely on his own.

He did that to just about everybody in the SEC, he's going to be fun to watch and see what he does on Sundays

LaChapelle
04-23-2010, 08:56 PM
I think it's fine to question the pick
but love the player

KcMizzou
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
I think it's fine to question the pick
but love the playerYep. Even if you believe it was dumb as hell... don't blame the player. Hell, it's not his fault.

And for fuck's sake, root for him to kick ass and prove you wrong.

KcMizzou
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I think there are people here who would rather see a pick they don't approve of fail, than see him succeed. Just for the sake of being "right".

beer bacon
04-23-2010, 10:41 PM
He was a good pick. DEAL WITH IT!

QuikSsurfer
04-23-2010, 10:53 PM

Arkansas - 260 YDS
Auburn - 203 YDS
Tennessee - 342 YDS
LSU - 164 YDS

Texas Tech - 180 YDS
OK State - 229 YDS

Welcome to chiefsplanet. I also went to Ole Miss - graduated in 07 - Hotty Toddy!

I've seen enough of Dexter to know that the guy is a flat out playmaker.
I can't wait to see him in red and gold.

Great pick.

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Welcome to chiefsplanet. I also went to Ole Miss - graduated in 07 - Hotty Toddy!

Hotty Toddy indeed! I was there from 2000-2007 (last 3yrs for law school)

Gravedigger
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM

You don't spend a top 5 pick on a Safety either right? That's what they say.

QuikSsurfer
04-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Hotty Toddy indeed! I was there from 2000-2007 (last 3yrs for law school)

I miss the hell out of Oxford.
Did you ever hang out at the Coffee Bistro? I used to manage that place before it closed in 06.
Are you still in MS?

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 11:04 PM
I miss the hell out of Oxford.
Did you ever hang out at the Coffee Bistro? I used to manage that place before it closed in 06.
Are you still in MS?

Yep. From Madison actually, but live in Ridgeland now. I never went to the Bistro, but know of it pretty well.

buddha
04-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Yep...Mort was saying the Eagles were extremely disappointed the Chiefs nabbed him before they could.

Great...then let's trade the midget for Maclin straight up. That sounds fair, right?

Philly was blowing smoke, you rubes!

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Great...then let's trade the midget for Maclin straight up. That sounds fair, right?

yeah, why would anyone in their right mind draft a guy high that set records in the SEC.

Andy Reid was crazy about McCluster. They weren't blowing smoke. Their war room was apparently pretty genuinely pissed about losing him.

DomerNKC
04-23-2010, 11:53 PM
i know, maybe next year we can draft someone in the second round and move him from lineman to QB. WTF? He was not good enough to play WR in college, but he should do fine in the pros? If you need a WR, pick one!

OleMissCub
04-23-2010, 11:56 PM
i know, maybe next year we can draft someone in the second round and move him from lineman to QB. WTF? He was not good enough to play WR in college, but he should do fine in the pros? If you need a WR, pick one!

ummmmm....WR wasn't his position in college because he was a kickass RB. I'd rather him have the ball 25 times a game than make 5 catches a game.

doomy3
04-23-2010, 11:56 PM

:spock:

It had nothing to do with him not being good enough to play WR in college. Houston Nutt designed the offense around him and wanted the ball in his hands, so he used him at tailback and in the slot.

DomerNKC
04-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Is he the size of a jockey?: check
ssnnnooooooooppppppp!!!

Mecca
04-23-2010, 11:58 PM
We don't need guys with legit WR potential like Rejus Benn, we need midgets who can do gadget things.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM

When a slot receiver could potentially provide for you what wes welker provides for the Pats, you do. He accounts for a healthy load of the offense, and made Cassel look like a stud. Hope Dex is next.

KCrockaholic
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
I really like the McCluster pick from a playmaker standpoint, and I think if this new guy, OleMissCUb decides to stick around he will fit in just fine :)

aturnis
04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
We don't need guys with legit WR potential like Rejus Benn, we need midgets who can do gadget things.

Is Benn a slot? Just wondering, b/c we need a slot.

DomerNKC
04-24-2010, 12:01 AM
ummmmm....WR wasn't his position in college because he was a kickass RB. I'd rather him have the ball 25 times a game than make 5 catches a game.most nfl calibur WR in college happen to play, um, WR. The first hit this midget takes will turn him into snoop minnis or Sylvester Morris. He won't want any more, and he will invent injuries to stay off the field with those big guys.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
In case you didn't notice, we don't have Randy Moss, without Moss that slot shit he does would not exist.

OleMissCub
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
if he turns into a stud in the NFL are you dudes still gonna go be going "HAR HAR! He's a MIDGET!"

If he was some dwarf that shredded Sunbelt or SWAC defenses, then I'd be suspect to. But he outright annihilated the best (and fastest) defenses in the country. The guy was a special player regardless of his size in college and he might be a special player regardless of his size in the pros.

Apparently the only aspect of his game that you can really criticize is his size, so you harp on it constantly.

OleMissCub
04-24-2010, 12:06 AM
The first hit this midget takes will turn him into snoop minnis or Sylvester Morris. He won't want any more, and he will invent injuries to stay off the field with those big guys.

That's unlikely. He might get hurt but he won't invent injuries. Dexter is one of those little guys who thinks he is a big guy and plays like it. To use a term from the old days, he's got a lot of "moxey". He got creamed all the time by the baddest defenders in the NCAA and always hopped right back up.

It pisses me off to no end that the video was taken off youtube that shows each of his 26 or 27 carries against Tennessee. There were some pretty violent hits against him by those big nasties and he hopped right back up.

I'm aware the NFL is a different animal, but if you are going to have a non-NFL sample size to look at, it doesn't get better than the SEC.

KCDC
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM
That's unlikely. He might get hurt but he won't invent injuries. Dexter is one of those little guys who thinks he is a big guy and plays like it. To use a term from the old days, he's got a lot of "moxey". He got creamed all the time by the baddest defenders in the NCAA and always hopped right back up.

It pisses me off to no end that the video was taken off youtube that shows each of his 26 or 27 carries against Tennessee. There were some pretty violent hits against him by those big nasties and he hopped right back up.

I'm aware the NFL is a different animal, but if you are going to have a non-NFL sample size to look at, it doesn't get better than the SEC.

Thanks Ole Miss. This is cheering me up. He could be an exciting weapon.

DomerNKC
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
if he turns into a stud in the NFL are you dudes still gonna go be going "HAR HAR! He's a MIDGET!"

If he was some dwarf that shredded Sunbelt or SWAC defenses, then I'd be suspect to. But he outright annihilated the best (and fastest) defenses in the country. The guy was a special player regardless of his size in college and he might be a special player regardless of his size in the pros.

Apparently the only aspect of his game that you can really criticize is his size, so you harp on it constantly.5'9" 178lbs. and we are gonna teach him to play WR in the NFL. Projects are great in the 6th and 7th round, not the 4th pick of the 2nd round. I hope he does well for the sake of my team, but in the 2nd round we should draft players not projects.

aturnis
04-24-2010, 12:32 AM
4.6 40 for a dude 172 lbs isn't fast. He may have good speed during game time, but enough of the smoke up the ass. He's a ****ing reach for a team in dire need of defense in a defensive heavy draft.

He ran 4.4 at his pro day. So what's your point?

aturnis
04-24-2010, 12:43 AM

You're an idiot. Why would they blow smoke AFTER we picked him? It's not like 5-10 min. before their pick they told old Sal what they were going to do. His report would obviously be to their reaction of our pick.

aturnis
04-24-2010, 12:47 AM
most nfl calibur WR in college happen to play, um, WR. The first hit this midget takes will turn him into snoop minnis or Sylvester Morris. He won't want any more, and he will invent injuries to stay off the field with those big guys.

If you watch him, he's the type of guy who likes to DELIVER a hit whenever he can. He's REALLY physical for his size.

Oh, and you're an idiot.

DomerNKC
04-24-2010, 12:47 AM

Apparently the only aspect of his game that you can really criticize is his size, so you harp on it constantly.ok. This strong, Powerful, Tough guy with all that moxy that annihilated the best defenses in the country that got up after every big hit put the ball on the ground how many times? Guys that are too small that get hit by guys that are too big tend to let go of the ball. This is the NFL. A lot of the big guys that hit him in the past, will be sackin groceries next year, so how fast he gets up after the waiter hit him doesn't matter. When Ray Lewis hits him he will put the ball on the ground.

DomerNKC
04-24-2010, 12:50 AM
If you watch him, he's the type of guy who likes to DELIVER a hit whenever he can. He's REALLY physical for his size.

Oh, and you're an idiot.he will deliver the ball to the other team early and often. You sir are the idiot.

DomerNKC
01-09-2011, 02:12 PM
he will deliver the ball to the other team early and often. You sir are the idiot.Wow! You sir have some crow on your plate!

DomerNKC
01-09-2011, 02:21 PM
ok. This strong, Powerful, Tough guy with all that moxy that annihilated the best defenses in the country that got up after every big hit put the ball on the ground how many times? Guys that are too small that get hit by guys that are too big tend to let go of the ball. This is the NFL. A lot of the big guys that hit him in the past, will be sackin groceries next year, so how fast he gets up after the waiter hit him doesn't matter. When Ray Lewis hits him he will put the ball on the ground.Huh, thats weird.

DomerNKC
01-09-2011, 03:04 PM
most nfl calibur WR in college happen to play, um, WR. The first hit this midget takes will turn him into snoop minnis or Sylvester Morris. He won't want any more, and he will invent injuries to stay off the field with those big guys.He missed over a month also...

Art Vader
01-09-2011, 03:46 PM
McBuster

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Time to get rid of jones and make mccluster charles' backup/10 carry a week back...the power back is a dying breed...two jamaals is better than a jamaal and a jones

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Time to get rid of jones and make mccluster charles' backup/10 carry a week back...the power back is a dying breed...two jamaals is better than a jamaal and a jones

LMAO.

You must really hate DMC. It would be thrilling to watch him die and put the ball on the grass. DMC is not even close, not even remotely fucking close, to giving us "two jamaals."

the Talking Can
01-10-2011, 12:12 AM

i thought he was supposed to be Wes Welker?

the Talking Can
01-10-2011, 12:13 AM
and DMC isn't a RB in the nfl......which is pretty screamingly obvious

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 12:14 AM
If McCluster doesn't turn into a legit slot receiver, that was an incredibly stupid pick, and Arenas, by the way, was shit today.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2011, 12:15 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2011, 12:16 AM
He's now been Devin Hester, Wes Welker, and now a RB, all in 8.5 months. All with 280 yards on offense.

Pawnmower
01-10-2011, 12:26 AM
fail: check

MadMax
01-10-2011, 02:12 AM
So far Piolio shit himself on both 2nd round picks... Nothing new we are used to it :( supposedly play makers before solid foundation is a Chiefs disease.

keg in kc
01-10-2011, 02:30 AM
If McCluster doesn't turn into a legit slot receiver, that was an incredibly stupid pick, and Arenas, by the way, was shit today.That was the way they should've been using him from the start. I didn't understand the way Weis used him all year. Bringing him out of the backfield, giving him carries at RB? Nuts.

DBOSHO
01-10-2011, 02:39 AM
In case you didn't notice, we don't have Randy Moss, without Moss that slot shit he does would not exist.

So welker has become innefective in the slot in NE?

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 04:07 AM
how is he not an NFL running back? How does anyone possibly know that? In limited carries this year he had plenty of good runs...he started out one game with 2 or 3 straight 10 yard runs...

I see know reason why he can't bulk up a bit and be a 10 touch back in the NFL...maybe he won't be durable but no one knows...

but hey...talk in absolutes drafturbators...it has really worked so well for you guys

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 04:12 AM
Roger Saffold, Chris Cook, Brian Price, Dexter McCluster, Nate Allen, T.J. Ward, Arrelious Benn, Koa Misi, Torell Troup, Rob Gronkowski, Sergio Kindle, Lamarr Houston, Zane Beadles, Linval Joseph, Daryl Washington, Jimmy Clausen, Taylor Mays, Javier Arenas, Toby Gerhart, Jason Worilds, Jermaine Cunningham, Carlos Dunlap, Sean Lee, Mike Neal, Terrence Cody, Ben Tate, Montario Hardesty, Golden Tate, Vladimir Ducasse, Brandon Spikes, Pat Angerer, Charles Brown

can we PLEASE figure out that 2nd round picks all don't turn into all-pro players? I mean JFC idiots...we're not the only team that doesn't get all-pros with every 2nd round pick...

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Jarius Byrd, Desean Jackson and Ray Rice are the 3 pro bowl 2nd rounders since 2008...

but yeah, lets just act like McCluster and Arenas are already busts...

brilliant drafturbators we have on this site...

where every 2nd round pick should be hall of fame caliber right away

Silock
01-10-2011, 04:20 AM
He also held on to the ball on a pretty vicious hit from Ed Reed.

He's a rookie. Let's not jump off any bridges just yet.

CrazyHorse
01-10-2011, 05:48 AM
So far Piolio shit himself on both 2nd round picks... Nothing new we are used to it :( supposedly play makers before solid foundation is a Chiefs disease.

Thats silly. We have primarily drafted along the lines in the earliest rounds for years. This is the 1st time in a long time we concentrated on skill positions early in a long time. This is also the 1st time we have seen significant progress in a long time.

I hope to god we have another draft like the one we just had. We need a couple good WRs next.

the Talking Can
01-10-2011, 07:35 AM
how is he not an NFL running back? How does anyone possibly know that? In limited carries this year he had plenty of good runs...he started out one game with 2 or 3 straight 10 yard runs...

I see know reason why he can't bulk up a bit and be a 10 touch back in the NFL...maybe he won't be durable but no one knows...

but hey...talk in absolutes drafturbators...it has really worked so well for you guys

um you're the one who freaked out on draft day after he was taken, didn't know who he was, watched one youtube video and then went on a "He's going to be Wes Welker and anyone who disagrees is a idiot" rampage....

and now you've flip flopped and are telling us that he a RB?

yeah....you're wicked smart

Count Alex's Losses
01-10-2011, 02:03 PM

Whoa, what? Suddenly McGimmick is a running back?

This guy is a wide receiver. He needs to be a wide receiver.

If he is converted back to a full time RB the pick was a complete waste.

MahiMike
01-10-2011, 02:13 PM
It doesn't matter what round a player is drafted. Only matters if you get him or not. I think McCluster was a good pick too. Where the Chiefs messed up was holding him back until the last 2 games. He needs to be in the mix more to get used to game speed.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Roger Saffold, Chris Cook, Brian Price, Dexter McCluster, Nate Allen, T.J. Ward, Arrelious Benn, Koa Misi, Torell Troup, Rob Gronkowski, Sergio Kindle, Lamarr Houston, Zane Beadles, Linval Joseph, Daryl Washington, Jimmy Clausen, Taylor Mays, Javier Arenas, Toby Gerhart, Jason Worilds, Jermaine Cunningham, Carlos Dunlap, Sean Lee, Mike Neal, Terrence Cody, Ben Tate, Montario Hardesty, Golden Tate, Vladimir Ducasse, Brandon Spikes, Pat Angerer, Charles Brown

can we PLEASE figure out that 2nd round picks all don't turn into all-pro players? I mean JFC idiots...we're not the only team that doesn't get all-pros with every 2nd round pick...

LMAO

Same old Hootie. Can admit when he's wrong and clearly doesn't follow the rest of the NFL.

Roger Saffold, Brian Price (looked good until a season ending injury), Nate Allen, T.J. Ward, Arrelious Benn, Koa Misi, Rob Gronkowski, Lamarr Houston, Zane Beadles, Daryl Washington, Toby Gerhart, Sean Lee, Terrence Cody, Ben Tate (injured for the season), Golden Tate, Brandon Spikes and Pat Angerer all were more productive than McCluster, many by a longshot.

And Gronkowski IS a Pro Bowler and a candidate for Rookie of the Year with 10 TD's.

JFC, Hootie.

jrobbins 20
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM

what ur crazy dante hall was good for the chiefs in that playoff game against the colts he scored 21 points the rest of our team 10

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 03:18 PM
All I did was list all of the 2nd rounders...I know the patriots nailed it with those tight ends (and everyone blasted them) and I know how good of a draft they had...I also know many of those picks outproduced mccluster in year 1...but outside of a player or two...and some patriots guys NONE of these picks were world beaters and our TE looks every bit as capable as gronkowski (he's a bigger part of the game plan in new england...that's it)...so perhaps the lofty expectations of the drafturbators will someday be reasonable rather than ridiculous (but I doubt it)

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
But I'm happy for you drafturbaters...the loss gave you all something to look forward to the next 4 months...congrats

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
But I'm happy for you drafturbaters...the loss gave you all something to look forward to the next 4 months...congrats

Hey, don't forget Lord Manninghole getting Sanchized!

That too! That too!LMAO

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 03:58 PM

Drafturbator: Anyone that knows more about NFL rookies than Hootie.

LMAO

Pawnmower
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM

I do agree, it is way too early to cry 'bust' about picking McCluster with the 2010 2A pick. But...Out of the list of all of the players you listed...a lot / the majority have a potential to be every down impact players STILL. DO you honestly think McCluster has this potential? I think the problem is that even if McCluster does average, it was a wasted pick to some degree because we needed SO much and shouldve rolled the dice on a more solid / foundation / every down player instead of a kind of gimmicky player. Just my opinion, but yes it takes a couple years at least before you can say bust, most of the time. I would be willing to bet that there are at least few players on your list that wont be busts. I hope McCluster is one of them.

the Talking Can
01-10-2011, 04:13 PM
All I did was list all of the 2nd rounders...I know the patriots nailed it with those tight ends (and everyone blasted them) and I know how good of a draft they had...I also know many of those picks outproduced mccluster in year 1...but outside of a player or two...and some patriots guys NONE of these picks were world beaters and our TE looks every bit as capable as gronkowski (he's a bigger part of the game plan in new england...that's it)...so perhaps the lofty expectations of the drafturbators will someday be reasonable rather than ridiculous (but I doubt it)

so, basically, you were wrong

how much $$$$ did you lose betting against Sanchez?

bevischief
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
The team is still trying to figure out how to use him, and know with a new OC...

:banghead:

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
McCluster 101

1 - It's ridiculous to call him a bust after one season

It's accurate to say he's been a huge disappointment so far

2 - It's hard not to be concerned about his ability to hold onto the ball and stay in one piece

Therefore, absolutely no reason for him to be a RB

3 - He needs to be a slot receiver and be very good at it. He has a long way to go.

Too soon to say if he'll be good/bad at it. Big transition for him
Stop forcing the ball into his hands and asking him to create. Instead, find ways for plays to create open space for him to catch and run.
Until we have a legit downfield threat, it's going to be more difficult to find underneath space
It also doesn't help if your QB stares him down or doesn't find him when he's open

4 - There's no disputing he has flashed playmaking potential

And yes, a playmaker is every bit as good as a foundational piece, as long as he brings it consistently and not completely erratically

Reerun_KC
01-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Pick isnt going to change...

He is here for a few more years... I for one am excited about watching him in a Chiefs uniform...

Luxury pick? Probably, but we cant change it now....

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 05:14 PM
The jets were CLEARLY better than the colts and the only reason the colts almost won was because sanchez missed throw after throw after throw...are you guys being serious?

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 05:15 PM
And I lost $200 on the colts but came out on top betting props (no manning INT no rodgers INT and charles over 69 yards rushing) ... the colts loss did hurt two of my $10 postseason challenges

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
And what have the drafturbators gotten right about the draft? You referenced gronkowski...you all made fun of that pick lol and the patriots drafting skills...but hey all players are busts after 1 season

jd1020
01-10-2011, 05:19 PM
I still like McCluster. He just feels like he can break one every time he touches the ball because hes always running full speed ahead and, say what you will about his one gimmicky move, he still makes people miss.

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Like I said...he should be used more out of the backfield next year (IN MY OPINION FOR CHRIST SAKE) and we should phaze out thomas jones (go ahead drafturbators blast me with your absolutes like you know more about everything than everyone it works so well for you all)...

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 05:27 PM
And what have the drafturbators gotten right about the draft? You referenced gronkowski...you all made fun of that pick lol and the patriots drafting skills...but hey all players are busts after 1 season

Who is "You all"?

Dicky McElephant
01-10-2011, 05:29 PM

Players I would rather have over McCluster out of that list:

Arrelious Benn
Koa Misi
Torell Troup
Rob Gronkowski
Linval Joseph
Daryl Washington
Jimmy Clausen
Golden Tate
Vladimir Ducasse
Brandon Spikes
Pat Angerer

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Like I said...he should be used more out of the backfield next year (IN MY OPINION FOR CHRIST SAKE) and we should phaze out thomas jones (go ahead drafturbators blast me with your absolutes like you know more about everything than everyone it works so well for you all)...

I'm assuming, for whatever reason, you're calling me a "Drafturbator", even though I did not partake in any mock drafts last year.

So with that being the case, I'd have to say that my praise for Eric Berry, Moeaki, Asamoah and Lewis were right on the money. I conceded, for lack of a better word, the idea that playmakers were needed and that if Weis felt McCluster was a playmaker, I was good with it. I also liked Arenas and felt/feel he will become a solid if not spectacular cornerback someday. Personally, and I've said this on many occasions, I would have been just fine with Daryl Washington, Sean Lee, Koa Misi, Lindvall Joseph, etc. in the second round.

I was also correct in my 2009 assessment of Tyson Jackson, Alex Magee, Donald Washington, Colin Brown & Jake O'Connell.

I think you're using the term "drafturbator" as a blanket term for anyone that happens to know more than you about incoming NFL players and rookies, which is a grossly misleading considering you don't know anything about any NFL eligible college player or rookie.

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm glad that you would rather have those players but none of them (outside of gronkowski) set the world on fire with their play or anything and you could argue there were about 10 impact tight ends in this draft and we came out with one of the better ones so...wake me up when 2nd rounders are ever a sure thing...better than a coin flip...or start being perennial pro bowlers...you all have unreal expectations. Mccluster and arenas played a lot of snaps as rookies on a playoff team...but I guess their ceiling has already been reached and have no potential for growth...give me been and his torn acl because he was having a pro bowl season!

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Players I would rather have over McCluster out of that list:

Arrelious Benn
Koa Misi
Torell Troup
Rob Gronkowski
Linval Joseph
Daryl Washington
Jimmy Clausen
Golden Tate
Vladimir Ducasse
Brandon Spikes
Pat Angerer

Saffold is already better than any tackle we've had since Roaf.
Beadles?
Cody?
Dunlap had 9.5 sacks this year
Nate Allen?

Dicky McElephant
01-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Beadles?
Cody?
Nate Allen?

Where is Dunlap going to play in our defense?

Nate Allen would be nice but I like what we have in Kendrick Lewis.....when he's on the field.

And I thought I had put Saffold on that list......oh well.

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Hamas and mecca were making fun of the pats for taking too many tight ends...listening to them bitch about the draft is just hysterical....those two are more clueless than anyone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Hamas and mecca were making fun of the pats for taking too many tight ends...listening to them bitch about the draft is just hysterical....those two are more clueless than anyone.

Not anyone.

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm driving back to illinois and cp on the mobile is a pain...has ROR gone back to being a jets fan already???

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm driving back to illinois and cp on the mobile is a pain...has ROR gone back to being a jets fan already???

Hahahahahahahaha moran = You.

Extra Point
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I've always thought, that between the two, Arenas is the better kick returner. They worked him so hard yesterday, as a result of Lackluster. ST needed to get down to nuts and bolts return game: kickoff/punt left, return left, k-o/punt R, ret R. Not enough time to shake, when you're already baked. 20 yds/carry, picking a side. Don't go for the return kill, if you're the quarry.

Chiefaholic
01-10-2011, 06:14 PM
He also held on to the ball on a pretty vicious hit from Ed Reed.

He's a rookie. Let's not jump off any bridges just yet.

If the talking heads had their way here, Glen Dorsey would have been traded for a 3rd rounder last year.

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 06:17 PM
If the talking heads had their way here, Glen Dorsey would have been traded for a 3rd rounder last year.

Who advocated for this trade?

Chiefaholic
01-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Beadles?
Cody?
Nate Allen?

But, the talking heads said the 2nd was way too early to waste a pick on a tackle. So throw that one out and find your guy in the 5th or 6th round that you chose THEN and panned out.

Chiefaholic
01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Who advocated for this trade?

Go back and look it up... Dorsey was a bust to multiple people on this site

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
But, the talking heads said the 2nd was way too early to waste a pick on a tackle. So throw that one out and find your guy in the 5th or 6th round that you chose THEN and panned out.

I drafted Saffold in the 3rd round of the CP Mock, FWIW.

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Go back and look it up... Dorsey was a bust to multiple people on this site

Why? I didn't make the claim.

I was wondering who you meant by "the talking heads."

jd1020
01-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Mount Rushmore.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Where is Dunlap going to play in our defense?

Nate Allen would be nice but I like what we have in Kendrick Lewis.....when he's on the field.

And I thought I had put Saffold on that list......oh well.

Dunlap would be an excellent 5 technique. He's 6'6 280. He'd also allow you to slide Dorsey over to LDE, where he would be a bit better suited against the run.

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 06:24 PM
And you took clausen over bradford and bruce campbell in the 1st round...kudos hamas

Dicky McElephant
01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Dunlap would be an excellent 5 technique. He's 6'6 280. He'd also allow you to slide Dorsey over to LDE, where he would be a bit better suited against the run.

But where would Tyson Jackson fit in? :D

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
You could have gholston, sanchez, clausen and campbell! What a team!

Chiefaholic
01-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Why? I didn't make the claim.

I was wondering who you meant by "the talking heads."

It's not a claim, it's a fact. I'm not wasting my time to dig through hundreds of posts to prove a point than anybody who's semiactive would remember.

Dicky McElephant
01-10-2011, 06:29 PM
It's not a claim, it's a fact. I'm not wasting my time to dig through hundreds of posts to prove a point than anybody who's semiactive would remember.

Not everybody wanted to trade Dorsey.

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 06:30 PM

Yeah, I remember the general level of stupidity. But who did you mean by "the talking heads"? Just random CP posters? Something more specific?

It seems like you were criticizing a certain group.

Chiefaholic
01-10-2011, 06:45 PM
OK... I found one thread from 2009, but that's all I'm wasting my time on.

Mr. Flopnuts
You just have to recognize what you have. In today's NFL 19 games is plenty of time to make a good evaulation of a 5th overall pick. It's time to ship him out for a 5th. That is, if we can get a 5th.

ClayWhit

Dude has played 19 NFL games - not ONE of them being used correctly.

He was blatantly mis-used under Herm, and he's being blatantly mis-used by Haley.

I don't really think there is a way to use him, personally. If he could get off a block and penetrate, he'd be playing on third downs.

He can't. He's a bust. He's not worth the money we're paying him.

His best use is as a run plugger. Frankly, he's done a decent job of that the last two games. Our run defense today wasn't horrible. Doesn't mean Dorsey isn't a bust.

If he doesn't improve, he's a bust for his draft position. Just like DJ.

Quite frankly, I'm not even sure Gunther mis-used him. He may have recognized that Dorsey was so fat and out of shape last year his ability to penetrate was absolute shit. So he did what he could. Used him as a run plugger.

Tank Tyler has shown more of an ability to penetrate and be quick off the snap than Dorsey ever has.

Mecca
No matter what Dorsey and Jackson will never live up to their draft positions. What they're asked to do isn't top 5 pick material.

I'm not going to dig through 5 pages of BS to make a point. Dorsey obviously proved the majority here wrong and I hope McCluster can be used in a different manner to prove his worth as well.

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 06:47 PM
The Flopnuts' post is not his best. Not by a long shot. Swing and a miss.

Clay and Mecca aren't exactly advocating a trade, though.

Chiefaholic
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM
There were 5 pages and I have a new grandbaby in the house. I just skimmed 1/3 of the first page, I'm sure there are many more if a guy took the time to read the whole thing.

Deberg_1990
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I like his little 360 spin move, that basically breaks no tackles.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 07:51 PM

No, you're more "clueless than anyone".

You'd you take in the mock drafts, Hootie? Oh, that's right, you don't participate.

Instead, you insult and berate those that do.

:shake:

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM

Illinois? I thought you lived in Indiana so that you could be close to Peyton.

Huh.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
And you took clausen over bradford and bruce campbell in the 1st round...kudos hamas

And just who did you take again?

And what about the notion, that you've stated repeatedly for the past few years, that you can't judge a player after one season?

You're an oxymoron, minus the oxy part.

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't think they would LET him participate FWIW.And just who did you take again?

And what about the notion, that you've stated repeatedly for the past few years, that you can't judge a player after one season?

You're an oxymoron, minus the oxy part.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't think they would LET him participate FWIW.
Posted via Mobile Device

ANYONE could participate. All you had to do was signup.

As a matter of fact, I'm sure everyone would have LOVED for him to participate.

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM
ANYONE could participate. All you had to do was signup.

As a matter of fact, I'm sure everyone would have LOVED for him to participate.
Maybe. Ask him.
I will

Hootie why haven't you been in the mock draft?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
There was a vote, and Hootie didn't get in. I believe the open spots went to BossChief and/or billaaaayyy.

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I asked last year and they wouldn't let me in...

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
I'd like to be in this year so I can prove that, without watching much college football at all I can still cherry pick pro prospects from experts just like all of them.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Well if we have a open spot and people vote you in, then you will be in.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
I asked last year and they wouldn't let me in...

What about 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009?

JASONSAUTO
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
What about 2006, 2007, 2008 & 2009?

Couldn't say. I just knew what happened last draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Hootie has admitted he doesn't even watch college football.

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Hootie has admitted he doesn't even watch college football.

why waste time on an inferior game? It's BORING...seriously...that vaunted Oregon offense tonight was fucking garbage...spread on offense on goal to go from the 2?!? I wanted to puke watching this game tonight...can't believe people prefer college to NFL...ever.

I want to be in the mock to prove that you know-it-alls cherry pick all of your picks like everyone else...

Like I've always said...if we locked Hamas in a room with no media influence and just coaches tape and interview transcripts from all of these players his draft board would be a total, total mess and totally incorrect and off...because he's nowhere close to a professional scout...

Despite him thinking so.

See Gholston ,Vernon; Clausen, Jimmy; Campbell, Bruce

those guys are way better than Matt Ryan and Sam Bradford...

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Like I've always said...if we locked Hamas in a room with no media influence and just coaches tape and interview transcripts from all of these players his draft board would be a total, total mess and totally incorrect and off...because he's nowhere close to a professional scout...

LMAO

This from the guy who repeatedly states that the draft is "a crapshoot".

You can't have it both ways, Hootie. Either it's a "crapshoot" or there's a science involved.

Which is it?

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 11:54 PM
LMAO

This from the guy who repeatedly states that the draft is "a crapshoot".

You can't have it both ways, Hootie. Either it's a "crapshoot" or there's a science involved.

Which is it?

I never said it wasn't a crapshoot...

It is...

Let me ask you whether you think New England just totally crushed the draft...or if New England is so good, and so well coached, and has such a good system that they drafted all of these guys to fit their system, they did, and suddenly they are "great" players...

Would Gronkowski have 10 TD's if he were on the Chiefs? Would McCourtey have been a pro bowler???

If McCluster was a Patriot, would he have had better chemistry with Tom Brady?

Do we really think McCluster doesn't have more talent than Danny Woodhead?

Put Moeaki, Bowe, McCluster and Charles on New England and they still have 14 wins...if not more...and I bet people would be gaga over McCluster over there like they are Woodhead (despite the fact they are all racist and just like the fact they have another white boy to cheer for)...

The fact of the matter is...our 1st 3 picks all played significant roles for the Chiefs this season...McCluster didn't have good numbers and Arenas was inconsistent...but they were rookies and they didn't rot away on the bench or anything...

but hey

ChiefsPlanet...

hall of fame or bust

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 11:56 PM
and my point was...

during draft weekend every year Hamas and Mecca go ape shit every time a guy falls past where they think they should be ***or where they cherrypicked that idea from*** it's ridiculous...

but hey

we've seen Hamas take Gholston over Ryan and Clausen over Bradford...so he's either going to tone it down this year or just be made fun of the whole time...I'm looking forward to either/or...

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 11:56 PM
I never said it wasn't a crapshoot...

It is...

If it's a crapshoot, why do you constantly harass others for their incorrect predictions? By that very nature, you should be absolutely shocked when a player is anything other than a bust, right?

You talk in circles, Hootie. Drunken ramblings by a not-so-bright and ill-informed person doesn't exactly impress anyone.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2011, 11:58 PM
and my point was...

during draft weekend every year Hamas and Mecca go ape shit every time a guy falls past where they think they should be ***or where they cherrypicked that idea from*** it's ridiculous...

but hey

we've seen Hamas take Gholston over Ryan and Clausen over Bradford...so he's either going to tone it down this year or just be made fun of the whole time...I'm looking forward to either/or...

The only person that "makes fun" of those who actually participate the mock draft are ill-informed idiots of your ilk.

Kudos for taking the fun out what should be an exciting exercise.

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 11:58 PM
If it's a crapshoot, why do you constantly harass others for their incorrect predictions? By that very nature, you should be absolutely shocked when a player is anything other than a bust, right?

You talk in circles, Hootie. Drunken ramblings by a not-so-bright and ill-informed person doesn't exactly impress anyone.

Gotcha...

Go read the last two draft threads and then report back to me on how you feel Hamas and Mecca acted...

Shall we go count how many pro bowlers have been drafted after round 4 in the last 10 years???

I know how valuable you feel 6th and 7th round picks are...

Short Leash Hootie
01-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Kudos for taking the fun out what should be an exciting exercise.

Hahahahaha...me taking the fun out of something???!?

Pot/kettle buddy...

you're the biggest asshole to anyone with an opinion differing from yours on this board...

it is funny when you tell me I talk in circles, though

DaneMcCloud
01-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Gotcha...

Go read the last two draft threads and then report back to me on how you feel Hamas and Mecca acted...

Shall we go count how many pro bowlers have been drafted after round 4 in the last 10 years???

I know how valuable you feel 6th and 7th round picks are...

You're an idiot. Thanks for proving it to everyone with each and every post.

You must be pretty damn strong for your size considering you constantly move the goalpost to fit your ever changing point of view.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2011, 12:02 AM
You're an idiot. Thanks for proving it to everyone with each and every post.

You must be pretty damn strong for your size considering you constantly move the goalpost to fit your ever changing point of view.

you're an idiot too then!! yeah!

you must be pretty strong for your size considering you have a wife who owns hollywood and 14 jumbo jets