PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs listing McCluster as a WR

Pages : 1 2 [3]

KC kid
04-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Also why take Arenas when you just took McCluster isn't he a return guy too?

I did agree with this too. McCluster HAS to be a good WR for this to be a good pick. Even if he is a GREAT third down back, this pick is fail cause we have Charles.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 01:35 AM
Everson Griffen must have shit on someones head, that's pretty ridiculous that he's still there.

I'm more annoyed that we didn't get a nose tackle when there were several very good NT prospects.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 01:36 AM
But that's horseshit and you know it.

There's a HUGE difference between "value" today and value in two years.

Some of those guys that went lower will not live up to expectations because it happens every year.

The true qualifier will be if Pioli is right or wrong.

Not who they "could" have chosen.

I think the problem with the "could" factor is the fact that we are mad that the "could" would have been better players at more important positions.

Even if McCluster works out, or Arenas, or Moeaki, do they give you the same ROI that Clausen, Cody, Griffen, Graham, Williams, or any number of prospects would?

No.

So not only do you have the risk of uncertain players, you have a lesser potential positive return.

That's just fucking foolish,and that's why they are poor picks.

BryanBusby
04-24-2010, 01:37 AM
There are literally 5 guys you could interchange at every other pick than Berry, and it still would have been light years better than this.

Instead of continuing to troll the shit out of this, although it has been fun, I'll just say why I'm not flipping the fuck out.

When the day 2 picks were first made, of course I was pissed. I would of rather had Golden Tate, etc.

Once I got the fuck over it (This part is important), I actually just looked over and tried to make sense of the actual picks. McCluster is a dynamic kid, performed well in a tough conference and brings actual speed to a team that has very little after Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs increased the speed on a offense that was slower than a blue hair in the passing lane.

Arenas is another electric player that will help make sure Charles will be fresh as the lead ball carrier on offense. Leggett sucks ass and Carr gave Jabar Gaffney a career day in Denver. I did not want him anywhere near this team before the draft started, but I have to admit it...it makes sense too. He has the same listed height as Brandon Flowers. Flowers is just fine, but Arenas is too fucking short to be a starting CB? Are you serious?

Asamoah was just a fantastic pick by Scott and was great value.

Moeaki, I won't defend that shit.

If it were my choice, my draft would look completely different than Scotts after Eric Berry. Oh well.

So far, I feel much better at this point than I did one year ago. Dare I say it? Maybe there is some hope?

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Look you can almost sell me the whole McCluster thing and make sense with it, the Arenas pick, no, that pick sucks.

I don't think the pick sucks. Nickel back is an extremely underrated position. But there are others I would have taken there.

There are other guys I would have wanted for McCluster, but the pick seems to make sense if they're expecting to use him like Sproles. And Moeaki, in a Charlie Weis offense, makes all the sense in the world, if he can stay healthy.

DaneMcCloud
04-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Are we back to playing cover 2?

So if we did, Flowers, Carr and now Arenas would be effective until age 35?

Why do you continually move the goalposts when called on your opinion?

KC kid
04-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Also why take Arenas when you just took McCluster isn't he a return guy too?

I did agree with this too. McCluster HAS to be a good WR for this to be a good pick. Even if he is a GREAT third down back, this pick is fail cause we have Charles.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 01:55 AM
So if we did, Flowers, Carr and now Arenas would be effective until age 35?

Why do you continually move the goalposts when called on your opinion?

How is that moving anything, you listed the example as a guy who's been a cover 2 CB his entire career.

I get that you want to like the picks but seriously Arenas is going to have to be like the best returner in the league or be a far better CB than anyone thinks he is to make this pick look ok.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Better than the worst draft in team history= good.

Awesome

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 01:56 AM
It's not a smart pick.

Period.

Lets go ahead and say he is Dante Hall (and that is a high bar to set) he's still a long shot to last 4 years at that size getting consistently pounded by guys 3x his size.

Dominating at the college level and surviving at the pro level are completely different things...

I'm not setting the bar at Dante Hall. I'm setting it at Sproles.

And if he's Sproles, I'm more than comfortable with this pick. And I think he very well could be. Unlike Hall, McCluster is built like a brick house. He may be tiny, but he's not skinny by any stretch. And if he can take 25-30 carries in the SEC, he can handle 8-10 on the pro level, especially given that a lot of his touches will probably occur on the second level of the passing game.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 01:58 AM

Awesome

Apparently when you set your bar really really low, it's not hard to make people happy.

chiefzilla1501
How is that moving anything, you listed the example as a guy who's been a cover 2 CB his entire career.

I get that you want to like the picks but seriously Arenas is going to have to be like the best returner in the league or be a far better CB than anyone thinks he is to make this pick look ok.

I don't think the pick will ever look okay.

But if he ends up being an effective nickel back, it's a reach, but not a huge reach.

Nickel backs are extremely important. If this team projects to be a deep playoff team a few years from now, there's no way we can win playoff games with a major hole at the position.

KC kid
Everson Griffen must have shit on someones head, that's pretty ridiculous that he's still there.

I'm more annoyed that we didn't get a nose tackle when there were several very good NT prospects.

I was screaming for griffen too, but he would have been a reach. . . in actuality

Pushead2
04-24-2010, 02:00 AM
fuck you Pioli for not addressing any needs for this team...

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:00 AM
I just honestly do not understand how this team is suppose to compete in games with no pass rush and no NT in a 3-4 defense.

You can have the best secondary ever, when the QB has all day to throw or RB's are 8 yards downfield, it won't matter much.

Berry's the right pick at 5, but I thought we'd be smart enough to at least get a NT in this draft.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:01 AM
fuck you Pioli for not addressing any needs for this team...

Ok now look, the draft is about mixing your needs with the best available players, I don't feel we did a very good job of that in the 2nd round.

KC kid
This team had 9 needs and 7 picks.

Chocolate Hog

Awesome

IMO I think you're being too emotional man. Theres three solid players they drafted.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 02:02 AM
He got drafted in front of several CB's who have futures as starters.

Drafting a CB in the second round is like throwing a dart at a wall blindfolded. It might be one of the toughest later-round positions to draft for.

I like this pick a hell of a lot more than I liked the Donald Washington pick. Washington pick was a gamble on a guy who you expected to one day mature into a good corner. He probably won't. Arenas is a guy who will probably play really well in a specialized nickel and dime role.

It was a pretty safe pick, in my opinion. I'm not stoked about it. But it certainly wasn't any kind of a failure.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:03 AM

That's great I don't expect them to get it all right now but I would expect them to get players for really important defensive positions over nickel CB's.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:03 AM
So do you think there is any trades after the draft? Often, teams are willing to give up draft picks a year away.

The problem is. . . where will our pass rush come from? Do you really see us doing better than Hali or Vrabel?

Is Merriman even an upgrade?

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 02:04 AM
I LOVE dane mccloud right now...

wow...

an objective Dane McCloud?!

I'm amazed...

Seriously...

I was SO disappointed when the Chiefs passed on Clausen at #36..

but when I did my research...

on McCluster and Arenas...

Holy shit!

We took two great players...along with Berry...we took THREE potential PLAYMAKERS...for real.

A draft if you ask me...

'Hamas' Jenkins
IMO I think you're being too emotional man. Theres three solid players they drafted.

I see two starters, one of whom is a guard.

I two other complementary pieces drafted at the point when you are supposed to get solid starters.

Pioli is making $5 million a year. If he wants to earn that money, the standard is the Ravens, Colts, and Steelers approach to drafting.

Not the fucking Carl Peterson Chiefs.

KC kid
Drafting a CB in the second round is like throwing a dart at a wall blindfolded. It might be one of the toughest later-round positions to draft for.

I like this pick a hell of a lot more than I liked the Donald Washington pick. Washington pick was a gamble on a guy who you expected to one day mature into a good corner. He probably won't. Arenas is a guy who will probably play really well in a specialized nickel and dime role.

It was a pretty safe pick, in my opinion. I'm not stoked about it. But it certainly wasn't any kind of a failure.

I dont think this pick is a guaranteed bust. I do not love it at all though. I think I have a harder time swallowing it since we traded tony g for Arenas.

chiefzilla1501
I just honestly do not understand how this team is suppose to compete in games with no pass rush and no NT in a 3-4 defense.

You can have the best secondary ever, when the QB has all day to throw or RB's are 8 yards downfield, it won't matter much.

Berry's the right pick at 5, but I thought we'd be smart enough to at least get a NT in this draft.

Because the minute you walk into the draft expecting to do that is the minute you start reaching by drafting for need.

Nobody says you have to get all those answers this draft. But are these 4 players key pieces to the equation in the future? Yes, I absolutely believe they have the potential to be (I don't know a whole lot about Asomoah). That's what's more important.

BryanBusby
04-24-2010, 02:05 AM

9? That's being generous.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:06 AM

I two other complementary pieces drafted at the point when you are supposed to get solid starters.

Pioli is making $5 million a year. If he wants to earn that money, the standard is the Ravens, Colts, and Steelers approach to drafting.

Not the ****ing Carl Peterson Chiefs.

What was Jamal Charles a few years ago?

KC kid

Not the ****ing Carl Peterson Chiefs.

Hamas, you're a good poster. You deal with a lot of superlatives and seem to get off on really throwing bitch fits. Somewhere between true fan and you is reality on this draft. If the Chiefs had a great amazing perfect draft, you might commit suicide.

Mecca
Even if you just change 2 guys this draft is much nicer, if you take Arenas out and put Cody in and take Moaki out and change that to Ricky Sapp or Everson Griffen, this draft even with McCluster is much better.

Short Leash Hootie
they took McCluster because they think he's...at the very least...Welker version 2.0...at the very least.

They took Arenas because he's Devin Hester with a position...

Both picks were GREAT picks. I don't care if you want to chastise me right now...just wait until the season starts...

Money and money...

Three picks, three dynamic playmakers...score!

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Because the minute you walk into the draft expecting to do that is the minute you start reaching by drafting for need.

Nobody says you have to get all those answers this draft. But are these 4 players key pieces to the equation in the future? Yes, I absolutely believe they have the potential to be (I don't know a whole lot about Asomoah). That's what's more important.

You really think using pick 50 on Terrence Cody would have been a bad move?

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Even if you just change 2 guys this draft is much nicer, if you take Arenas out and put Cody in and take Moaki out and change that to Ricky Sapp or Everson Griffen, this draft even with McCluster is much better.

Wait you now support drafting Cody?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:08 AM

Brandon Flowers, Rashean Mathis, Patrick Surtain, and Sam Madison come to mind pretty quickly.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Wait you now support drafting Cody?

I was always fine with him in the 2nd round, I thought everyone knew that.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 02:09 AM
I feel better about the start to this draft than I did with the one in 2008...and 2008 was fucking awesome.

KC kid

I like Moeaki. Does that make me a moron? He looks good in highlights. He obviously is an athlete too to be rated the number one high school tight end in his class. Add to that his locker room presence and ringing endorsement from Ferentz, and it looks good. Cassel needs short passing options like Dmac and a good te. Cottam may not even make the field this year, btw.

Mecca
Hamas, you're a good poster. You deal with a lot of superlatives and seem to get off on really throwing bitch fits. Somewhere between true fan and you is reality on this draft. If the Chiefs had a great amazing perfect draft, you might commit suicide.

We all liked the 08 draft, you know contrary to popular belief it's not just bitching to bitch.

Chocolate Hog
I was always fine with him in the 2nd round, I thought everyone knew that.

He's a two down player. I don't know you always made comments about how Pioli likes fat guys.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:10 AM
I feel better about the start to this draft than I did with the one in 2008...and 2008 was ****ing awesome.

The 08 draft was not a bad draft.

Mecca
I feel better about the start to this draft than I did with the one in 2008...and 2008 was fucking awesome.

Are you drunk?

'Hamas' Jenkins
What was Jamal Charles a few years ago?

A great change of pace back, kick returner, and potential slot guy who was projected as an early two, who had gamebreaking speed (both in college and at the combine) who was 30 pounds heavier and taken a round later in a thinner draft that didn't have talent at the most important positions that matched up with our needs.

That's who Jamaal Charles was.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:11 AM
We all liked the 08 draft, you know contrary to popular belief it's not just bitching to bitch.

Nah come on. I am a long time lurker. I read the board every day. I know what Hamas is about :)

chiefzilla1501

If Moeaki stays healthy, he is CRITICAL to a Charlie Weis offense. Weis runs a ton of 2-TE sets and he wants guys who can both block and catch. A guy like that may not have value in a Haley offense, but he most certainly does in Weis' offense.

I don't mind taking a surefire Weis guy over a probably pretty low-percentage player like Griffen.

Chocolate Hog
A great change of pace back, kick returner, and potential slot guy who was projected as an early two, who had gamebreaking speed (both in college and at the combine) who was 30 pounds heavier and taken a round later in a thinner draft that didn't have talent at the most important positions that matched up with our needs.

That's who Jamaal Charles was.

McCluster is a game breaker is he not?

'Hamas' Jenkins

Why don't you look up the thread I started yesterday about the Berry pick, or my reactions to the selections of Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, Charles, and Morgan, to name a few, in the 2008 draft.

Pushead2
04-24-2010, 02:12 AM
If Moeaki stays healthy, he is CRITICAL to a Charlie Weis offense. Weis runs a ton of 2-TE sets and he wants guys who can both block and catch. A guy like that may not have value in a Haley offense, but he most certainly does in Weis' offense.

I don't mind taking a surefire Weis guy over a probably pretty low-percentage player like Griffen.

Hopefully he has 234 pancakes and 1,500 yards with 16 TDs :)

Then I'll be happy with the glass / tin man.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:12 AM
If we never draft another fucking TE it won't be to soon.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Why don't you look up the thread I started yesterday about the Berry pick, or my reactions to the selections of Dorsey, Albert, Flowers, Charles, and Morgan, to name a few, in the 2008 draft.

You do throw a couple exceptions to the rule in every once in a while. I won't lie though. . . for a long time, I thought you someone's alter ego

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:14 AM
McCluster is a game breaker is he not?

No, he's not.

KC kid

And I am not hating at all. I read your post and don't put you on ignore. You just seem happy when you are unhappy

chiefzilla1501
Hopefully he has 234 pancakes and 1,500 yards with 16 TDs :)

Then I'll be happy with the glass / tin man.

For a low 3rd rounder? That's expecting quite a lot.

I just want a productive starter. And I think he could easily do that if he stays healthy.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:15 AM
No, he's not.

That's bullshit yes he is. Did you ever watch him in college?

Short Leash Hootie
No, he's not.

can't wait until we get to LOL at you for this....

just like Vernon Gholston!

Dumb fucking idiot!

Pushead2
For a low 3rd rounder? That's expecting quite a lot.

I just want a productive starter. And I think he could easily do that if he stays healthy.

Sorry, there wasn't a sarcasm alert button I could press :p

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:16 AM

I have to agree. McCluster is a home run hitter.

I do think a good tight end and slot receiver would add 10 points to cassel's qb rating. (insert joke about it going above 50 here)

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:17 AM
You do throw a couple exceptions to the rule in every once in a while. I won't lie though. . . for a long time, I thought you someone's alter ego

Maybe if this wasn't the worst franchise in the NFL, there'd be more exceptions to the rule.

Mecca
Ah Hootie is here to call people idiots, reminds me of last year.

Tyson Jackson made you look brilliant didn't he?

KC kid

Dumb ****ing idiot!

I remembe that. It took everything in me not to jump on the Gholston bandwagon when I saw his picture with no shirt on. It gave me a broner.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:18 AM
Maybe if this wasn't the worst franchise in the NFL, there'd be more exceptions to the rule.

More superlatives. . . the worst? Come on man

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:18 AM

Yeah. I also watched another college game breaker, Jordan Shipley.

Doing it in college, even against major competition, doesn't mean you are gonna do it in the pros.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:19 AM
More superlatives. . . the worst? Come on man

You'd be hard pressed to find a worst team on draft day.

Short Leash Hootie
McCluster and Arenas are going to be studs...

I'm sure of it.

KC kid

To be fair, not many defensive linemen do shit as rookies.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:20 AM

Yes, but that is a whole different statement.

They were good in the 90s. . . then carl felt pressure and went win now. His trades for vets about killed the franchise.

Chocolate Hog

Doing it in college, even against major competition, doesn't mean you are gonna do it in the pros.

Thats a weak excuse dude. Look if you're going to be mad then be pissed about trading for that tight end from Iowa. The Chiefs gave up a valuable fourth round pick we could have drafted Cam Thomas which is a steal at tat pick.

KC kid
McCluster and Arenas are going to be studs...

I'm sure of it.

Especially if we are in a 3 on 3 bball tournament and gilbert shows up

|Zach|

No you wouldn't.

Douche Baggins

College gamebreaker:

http://www.bringonthecats.com/images/admin/jordynelson.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:21 AM

Dumb fucking idiot!

...(although I know longer hear the Tyson Jackson crying after he flashed some serious potential in the preseason).

Mecca
His point is valid, there are a huge number of college gamebreakers that never translated it to the NFL, you know they're called busts.

KC kid
Thats a weak excuse dude. Look if you're going to be mad then be pissed about trading for that tight end from Iowa. The Chiefs gave up a valuable fourth round pick we could have drafted Cam Thomas which is a steal at tat pick.

Arenas did own Shipley. . . . and yes I know that it was without pony mccoy

Short Leash Hootie
I haven't given up on Tyson Jackson yet...that's for god damn sure

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:22 AM
His point is valid, there are a huge number of college gamebreakers that never translated it to the NFL, you know they're called busts.

So your logic is don't take a productive college player because he could be a bust?

Chocolate Hog
Arenas did own Shipley. . . . and yes I know that it was without pony mccoy

Arenas is slow and small. I'm talking about McCluster.

Mecca
So your logic is don't take a productive college player because he could be a bust?

:facepalm:

No the point is usually these guys have red flags as to why it won't translate, stupid teams over look those flags.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:23 AM

So you're saying it is better if they aren't gamebreakers in college?

Busts can happen to anyone at any time. McCluster is the definition of a college gamebreaker. denying this is moronic. Will it translate? no idea. being a college gamebreaker is a great start.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Well you certainly look right about 2009 right now...

But come on, it's still a little early.

Would I rather have anyone other than Tyson Jackson?

Of course.

Miles
College gamebreaker:

I really have no idea who that is...

Short Leash Hootie
Arenas is going to be awesome...

If not amazing.

Short Leash Hootie

Sure...

I'd rather have 20 players other than Tyson Jackson from last year...

No doubt...

Doesn't mean I don't think he can be a good, if not great, player...

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:25 AM
Well this is nice, Arenas is going to suck a hard one now.

Chocolate Hog

No the point is usually these guys have red flags as to why it won't translate, stupid teams over look those flags.

It was a second round pick you dumbass. So Taylor Mays has red flags too then right? Fucking hypocrite.

KC kid
Arenas is going to be awesome...

If not amazing.

I want to be optimistic, but he better have intangibles and instincts out the ass because I do not see it athletically. I like every other pick the Chiefs made.

Oh and no one can complain about pioli only take fat guys.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Dexter McCluster and Taylor Mays have so much in common,and so do the teams that picked them, that is obviously a great example to call me a hypocrite over isn't it?

Oh and "it was a 2nd round pick you dumbass" I love how to a Chiefs fan a 2nd round pick is like a 7th round pick. Then we wonder why our team sucks.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 02:26 AM
hey you guys keep worrying about 40 times...hamas will keep taking Bruce Campbell and Vernon Gholston....

40 times are the most overrated measurement when scouting a player ever...

40 times are SUPER overrated.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:27 AM
It was a second round pick you dumbass. So Taylor Mays has red flags too then right? ****ing hypocrite.

Right, one of Taylor Mays red flags is he sucks at football. Just as Pete Carroll. At least Mecca finally came around on the eric berry/Taylor Mays debate. Mays was a once in a lifetime prospect this time last year. . . to mecca.

Douche Baggins
04-24-2010, 02:28 AM
I really have no idea who that is...

Jordy Nelson.

Seemed like half this board jizzed over him a few years ago as this all-purpose threat. WR, KR, PR, white boy supreme. He raped defenses at K-State.

He is a big yawn in the pros.

Mecca
Mays cost himself a ton of money going back to school, he'll still be a good player, he went to a good team for him.

KC kid
Dexter McCluster and Taylor Mays have so much in common,and so do the teams that picked them, that is obviously a great example to call me a hypocrite over isn't it?

Oh and "it was a 2nd round pick you dumbass" I love how to a Chiefs fan a 2nd round pick is like a 7th round pick. Then we wonder why our team sucks.

Eddie Freeman is hurt by this comment

Short Leash Hootie
if mecca were a GM he would have taken Mays at #5...

that right there shows how much mecca knows...

just like hamas and his yearly "wtf?!?!?" picks

KC kid
hey you guys keep worrying about 40 times...hamas will keep taking Bruce Campbell and Vernon Gholston....

40 times are the most overrated measurement when scouting a player ever...

40 times are SUPER overrated.

I actually agree with you. I do like some of the cone drills though.

'Hamas' Jenkins

And we could have drafted at 2a:

Clausen, Arrelious Benn, Linval Joseph, Daryl Washington, or Taylor Mays

At 2b:

Cody, Tate, Charles Brown, Damien Williams, or even Morgan Burnett

At 3:

Whatever, fine, just take Asamoah

At the trade up:

Cam Thomas, Eric Norwood, Ricky Sapp, Brandon Ghee, Jimmy Graham.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:29 AM
You should never ever defend a pick with 'It's a 2nd round pick you dumbass" you are suppose to hit 2nd round picks.

Chocolate Hog

LOL keep moving those goal posts put your hair in a pony tail while you're at it faggot. Mccluster was on alot of teams draft boards as a second round pick. Your logic is flawed.

Miles

McCluster probably has more actual football skills than Mays...

chiefzilla1501

And what flags are those? I don't get it. As a pure slot receiver? Sure. But who's to say that's their long-term plan? I can guarantee you that he's going to be used int he same way Sproles is, and I see nothing wrong with that.

KC kid

Nah, Mecca would have taken him at 5 last year. He came around this year. He just drooled over the speed size combo. . . you know like al davis usually does.

Mecca
If Hootie were a GM, actually nevermind that thought is to hilarious to even carry through with.

Short Leash Hootie
lets all listen to hamas like he knows what's going on!

Clausen at #1!

Campbell as a mid 1st!

Gholston over Ryan (and others!)

he has no fucking clue...

hamas = fraud

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:30 AM
You should never ever defend a pick with 'It's a 2nd round pick you dumbass" you are suppose to hit 2nd round picks.

And just to show everyone how shallow this stupid fucking guy is he's calling McCluster a bust either that or speaks the english language poorly.

Mecca
LOL keep moving those goal posts put your hair in a pony tail while you're at it faggot. Mccluster was on alot of teams draft boards as a second round pick. Your logic is flawed.

I questioned a pick and Billay acts like I went Big Ben on his mom, what are you 12?

Short Leash Hootie
If Hootie were a GM, actually nevermind that thought is to hilarious to even carry through with.

I'd be as good as you and I rarely even watch college football! That's how clueless you are!

Source: All of your posts pertaining to the draft.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:31 AM

At 2b:

At 3:

At the trade up:

You lost me at Taylor Mays.

Mecca
Nevermind Billay obviously reads at a 1st grade level, so he answered my question for me.

Chocolate Hog
I questioned a pick and Billay acts like I went Big Ben on his mom, what are you 12?

You werent questioning it you already called him a bust.

Miles
04-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Jordy Nelson.

Seemed like half this board jizzed over him a few years ago as this all-purpose threat. WR, KR, PR, white boy supreme. He raped defenses at K-State.

He is a big yawn in the pros.

Ah the WWR for GB. At least KC isn't taking those types.

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:32 AM
That is not what I said, learn to read or shutup.

Douche Baggins
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
At the trade up:

Jimmy Graham was a beast. 6-6, 260, 4.53 40, athletic as fuck and compared to Tony Gonzalez.

I didn't even WANT a tight end this year and I would have been thrilled to have a guy like that.

Instead we trade up for a guy who had 30 catches....at Iowa....

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 02:33 AM
it doesn't matter...

the drafturbators were owned...

even their very own experts admit the Chiefs had a great draft thus far...

and no "experts" ever think a New England draft is a good draft...

we drafted clones of...

Ed Reed
a more athletic Wes Welker
and
a Devin Hester with an actual position

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:34 AM
That is not what I said, learn to read or shutup.

Or what? Is bitch tits going to find me and cut me up with a chainsaw? Fuck you nancy go braid your hair.

Short Leash Hootie
Jimmy Graham was a beast. 6-6, 260, 4.53 40, athletic as **** and compared to Tony Gonzalez.

I didn't even WANT a tight end this year and I would have been thrilled to have a guy like that.

workout warriors are overrated 95% of the time

shit...

hamas would have been ok with Campbell at #5...

that's how dumb hamas is...

he would have been ok with a 5th round talent at #5...

he took Gholston over Ryan...

???

Mecca
You said that same shit last year, that draft certainly owned us too didn't it?

Douche Baggins
At least KC isn't taking those types.

But maybe they did. That was kind of my point.

Hamas says Chocolate Welker isn't a gamebreaker.

Certainly Welker himself is no gamebreaker.

'Hamas' Jenkins

I posted this last time and you ran away like a bitch with a skinned knee.

So ADD it up for the reply:

Yeah..

Sanchez--Obviously a terrible pick
Beanie Wells--Another awful pick
Cody Brown--Hurt his wrist in PS, spent the year on IR
Coye Francies--Had a Donald Washington-esque year for the Browns.
Jasper Brinkley--Starting for the Vikings
David Bruton--Played the whole year for the Broncos
Cornelius Lewis--That's a bust of a pick, no doubt
Gerald Cadogan--Not a good pick
Mike Goodson--Drafted by Carolina. Spent the year behind Stewart and Williams.
Rhett Bomar--Giants 3rd/4th string QB as a rookie. Developmental player, that's notbad.
DeAngelo-Smith. Backup safety for the Lions
Terrance Knighton--45 tackles and 1.5 sacks as a rookie for the Jags. Was actually drafted in the 3rd round, got him in the 6th.
Josh Mauga--7th round LB. Bounced back and forth on the Jets' PS
Roy Miller--yth round DT who had 27 tackles and 2 sacks as a rookie. Was actually drafted in the 3rd round.
Kenny McKinley--WR drafted in the 5th by the Broncos I got in the 7th. Saw some KR and ST action as a n00b.
Brandon Tate--6th round pick for me, 3rd in reality. It's a pick you take and put him on IR b/c of his knee injury his Sr. Year. It'll pay off down the road.
Thomas Morestead--Punter for the Saints. They took him in the 5th, I got him in the 6th for the Pats.
Cary Harris--last pick for the Pats. He was drafted by the Bills in the 6th round. Had two picks as a rookie.
Don Carey-7th round pick who actually went in the 6th. Plays for the Jags. Developmental player who spent the year on IR.
Camerron Morrah-6th round pick by me who went in the 7th. Played the whole year for the Seahawks, but didn't see much time behind John Carlson.
Bradley Fletcher--6th round player I picked who actually went in the third. Finished with 3 starts and 23 tackles as a rookie
Robert Brewster--7th rounder that I got for the next to last pick in the draft. He was drafted in the 3rd round by Dallas, and projects to be their RTOTF.
Brandon Swain--DII player I took as MR. Irrelevant. Never amounted to anything. So sue me.

So please, tell me how terrible that draft is.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:35 AM

You were implying Mccluster is a bust.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:35 AM
Every fan thinks they are a draft expert this time of year. I would have drooled to get brian brohm after his junior year. We all make mistakes. The BEST gms only hit on 30 percent of their picks TOPS. So much luck goes into making picks. The Chiefs drafted Jared Allen as a long snapper. Even better, espn analyst act like a team is brilliant when a guy slide down a few spots and lands in someone's lap. Just because Kiper or McShay rate a guy at 10, and you get him at 25, does not mean you really got value. It probably just means a bunch of publications overrated someone.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:36 AM
I said Thomas would be rated higher than Mays and Mecca stomped his feet like the bitch he is.

KC kid
Jimmy Graham was a beast. 6-6, 260, 4.53 40, athletic as **** and compared to Tony Gonzalez.

I would say 30 catches at Iowa for a guy injured as much as him is kind of a pointless stat. It is not like Iowa chucks the ball all over the field. They play in the big ten for Gawd's sake.

'Hamas' Jenkins

shit...

hamas would have been ok with Campbell at #5...

that's how dumb hamas is...

he would have been ok with a 5th round talent at #5...

he took Gholston over Ryan...

???

I love that you have to resort to lie in order to beautify your point. I never claimed that Campbell was worth anything near a top 10 pick, and when I took him in the mock, I said as such. It was a boom-bust pick, and for a team with an aging OL that needs size, it was a good risk-reward pick, especially since he can sit and learn technique for a year.

Short Leash Hootie
I'll tell you what!

If Sanchez becomes a franchise QB...that goes from a total abortion to a 1st trimester abortion!

Congrats guru!

Mecca
04-24-2010, 02:37 AM
Nevermind, I can't argue with people that are to stupid to understand the point.

Douche Baggins
04-24-2010, 02:37 AM

He caught five touchdowns in 17 catches last year.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 02:38 AM
I love that you have to resort to lie in order to beautify your point. I never claimed that Campbell was worth anything near a top 10 pick, and when I took him in the mock, I said as such. It was a boom-bust pick, and for a team with an aging OL that needs size, it was a good risk-reward pick, especially since he can sit and learn technique for a year.
you loved Campbell, and you loved Clausen!

I was with you on Clausen...

but apparently you (and probably me too) don't know shit!

you took the 48th pick at #1 and took another guy in the 1st round who has yet to be drafted through 3 rounds...

you took Gholston over Matt Ryan...

dude...

come on

you don't know SHIT and it is EVIDENCED on this site every year...

so shut the fuck up for once! :LOL:

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:38 AM

At 2b:

At 3:

At the trade up:

Im not defending the Arenas pick. I think Mccluster will be a game changer though.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:39 AM
Nevermind, I can't argue with people that are to stupid to understand the point.

You don't have a point your point changes to suit the argument you've already been called out on that dumbass.

Short Leash Hootie
Arenas was a great pick and I will bet my account with ANYONE that he will have a 75% CP approval rate at the end of 2010

KC kid
I said Thomas would be rated higher than Mays and Mecca stomped his feet like the bitch he is.

Yes, Mecca gave Taylor Mays head based on a few great hits and amazing athletic talent. Too bad Mays just is not a great football player. . . on top of that, he starts his NFL career by crying about Pete Carroll. I don't think that is a very good start for him.

How bad of a football player is taylor mays to have that athletic talent and fall as far as he did? Seriously.

Chocolate Hog
Clayton you better read up Graham only had like seventeen catches. He's a project.

Douche Baggins
04-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Clayton you better read up Graham only had like seventeen catches. He's a project.

Is not the fucker we drafted also a project?

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:41 AM

This. I don't get when someone goes off the deep end for THIS draft. You may not love it, but it is not a coat hanger abortion either.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:42 AM
Is not the ****er we drafted also a project?

The guy we drafted sucks. He was a highly touted player coming out of high school though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
you loved Campbell, and you loved Clausen!

I was with you on Clausen...

but apparently you (and probably me too) don't know shit!

you took the 48th pick at #1 and took another guy in the 1st round who has yet to be drafted through 3 rounds...

you took Gholston over Matt Ryan...

dude...

come on

you don't know SHIT and it is EVIDENCED on this site every year...

so shut the fuck up for once! :LOL:

Must be why that list of players I drafted in 2009 had over a half dozen guys that went multiple rounds ahead of where I took them in the mock.

Again, all you have is Gholston. You say it over and over again.

Keep tapping your heels together and wishing that I was even as infinitesimally stupid as you.

It ain't gonna happen.

And Clausen will be the best QB from this class.

KC kid

Statwise, yes. Scouts tell you otherwise though. Ferentz said he was better than dallas clark in college. I like that pick, and I HATE tight ends. KC has overrated that position for years.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:44 AM
Must be why that list of players I drafted in 2009 had over a half dozen guys that went multiple rounds ahead of where I took them in the mock.

Again, all you have is Gholston. You say it over and over again.

Keep tapping your heels together and wishing that I was even as infinitesimally stupid as you.

It ain't gonna happen.

And Clausen will be the best QB from this class.

I agree with you on Clausen. Gholston was a huge blunder though. We got Dorsey though LOL. Year three is my make or break year for d linemen actually. Lets hope dorsey steps it up

Miles
04-24-2010, 02:44 AM
But maybe they did. That was kind of my point.

Hamas says Chocolate Welker isn't a gamebreaker.

Certainly Welker himself is no gamebreaker.

Chocolate Welker is easily more of a gamebreaker but who knows if he has the ability to adapt to that and become the polished WR that Welker is. Mostly I remember him ripping up LSU last year.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 02:45 AM
I have zero doubt Clausen will be a great QB...congrats to him for finding the perfect situation...

If Aaron Rodgers went the the 49ers he would have been a bust.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Chocolate Welker is easily more of a gamebreaker but who knows if he has the ability to adapt to that and become the polished WR that Welker is. Mostly I remember him ripping up LSU last year.

He ran all over Dan Williams and Eric Berry too, but that does not translate to the NFL. :)

I am just kidding. As a rb, he is worthless. He has to be a slot receiver and dual threat to be a true game changer.

Douche Baggins
04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Welker scored eight punt return TDs in college. Gamebreaker.

In the pros...0.

Chocolate Hog
04-24-2010, 02:46 AM
The Welker/McCluster comparison is silly.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 02:47 AM

No. Just an injury liability. He's a good blocker. We at least have that. And frankly, I think Weis values versatility in his tight ends.

KC kid

I am just glad he is not white and we are comparing him to welker.

I remember when the patriots gave up a 2nd? for Welker. I thought they were so dumb.

Douche Baggins

And yet that is what he needs to be.

Miles
04-24-2010, 02:49 AM
He ran all over Dan Williams and Eric Berry too, but that does not translate to the NFL. :)

I am just kidding. As a rb, he is worthless. He has to be a slot receiver and dual threat to be a true game changer.

Yep. Still he could do so damage with the occasional snap at RB.

Chocolate Hog

Whys he got to be Welker? Why can't he be a mix of Jackson/Harvin?

KC kid

Why? he can be something better or different and still be fantastic.

chiefzilla1501

I agree. COMPLETELY silly.

Sproles is probably the best comparison. McCluster's strength isn't straight line speed, like most backs and receivers. His strength is in his ability to stay low and make very sudden and sharp cuts and changes in speed and direction.

He's going to be electric if you can get him any kind of open field. And while I don't see him as a great pure slot receiver, I think he's a guy you'll see Weis move around a lot to take advantage of mismatches. And from that angle, I think he has quite a bit of potential.

Miles
04-24-2010, 02:50 AM

Completely.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Yep. Still he could do so damage with the occasional snap at RB.

As a RB, his speed won't be utilized that well. As a slot receiver, you can get him the ball in space with short passes (cassel CAN do that) and he will make people miss

KC kid
04-24-2010, 02:51 AM
I agree. COMPLETELY silly.

Sproles is probably the best comparison. McCluster's strength isn't straight line speed, like most backs and receivers. His strength is in his ability to stay low and make very sudden and sharp cuts and changes in speed and direction.

He's going to be electric if you can get him any kind of open field. And while I don't see him as a great pure slot receiver, I think he's a guy you'll see Weis move around a lot to take advantage of mismatches. And from that angle, I think he has quite a bit of potential.

Sproles is much more stocky. I like mccluster hands. He is longer

Miles
04-24-2010, 02:53 AM

Why? Damn KC didn't draft the greatest slot WR pretty much ever there....

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 02:54 AM
As a RB, his speed won't be utilized that well. As a slot receiver, you can get him the ball in space with short passes (cassel CAN do that) and he will make people miss

Charlie Weis builds his offense around deception. For example, he likes to have a home run threat, but he doesn't like to dial up a home run play very often. He just likes to use the threat of that to keep defenses honest with the deep pass. Because the minute a defense cheats, he'll dial up a home run play.

Having a back in the backfield who can either run the ball or, if a defense wants to cheat against the run, motion him as a receiver is something very valuable for a Weis offense.

Miles
04-24-2010, 02:54 AM

Completely agree there.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Sproles is much more stocky. I like mccluster hands. He is longer

I'm talking about more of the way that he's used. Sproles plays a lot of third downs. McCluster, like Sproles, is an outstanding pass protector. Both can motion to the slot based on mismatch. Or both can be involved either in a run, screen, or an underneath route. He's going to shift based on where Weis sees the mismatch in personnel.

As a runner, McCluster has a bit more agility and he's pretty strong too. Had very impressive numbers on the benchpress.

I think people who bitch are only paying attention to his 40 time and his height and size. They don't see that he performed really well on the short combine drills and that he did well on the bench.

KC kid
04-24-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm talking about more of the way that he's used. Sproles plays a lot of third downs. McCluster, like Sproles, is an outstanding pass protector. Both can motion to the slot based on mismatch. Or both can be involved either in a run, screen, or an underneath route. He's going to shift based on where Weis sees the mismatch in personnel.

As a runner, McCluster has a bit more agility and he's pretty strong too. Had very impressive numbers on the benchpress.

I think people who bitch are only paying attention to his 40 time and his height and size. They don't see that he performed really well on the short combine drills and that he did well on the bench.

I hope he is used MUCH more as a receiver than Sproles. This team already has their speed back. I think he is a WR only

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 03:07 AM
I hope he is used MUCH more as a receiver than Sproles. This team already has their speed back. I think he is a WR only

I don't think this is the case. I think you'll see him be involved in a lot more motions out to WR, but he'll run the ball less than Sproles did. I also think he's their guy for a lot of their passing downs.

I don't think the Chiefs want him as a receiver, as much as they like the flexibility to move him around from the backfield based on mismatches. If a team wants to load up on the pass, I see Weis dialing up a run play. That's just the way his offense works. It's all about mismatch and deception.

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2010, 03:18 AM
This has to be the case they didnt draft him 36 to be 3rd on the RB depth chart. I know you all think Pioli is a dumbass right now, but he's not that stupid.

He's going to be a WR and he's going to play alot, because this is a fucking pass happy league. Charles doesnt need a fullback alot of the times because we will be throwing out of the shotgun alot.

ITs going to be fun to see what Weiss can do with these guys.

Miles
04-24-2010, 03:20 AM

The Sproles comparison is amusing since man around here were all over the prospect of acquiring him this offseason.

Rausch
04-24-2010, 03:24 AM

He's fucking Dante Hall with much less speed and much more natural ability as a pass catcher.

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 03:25 AM
The Sproles comparison is amusing since man around here were all over the prospect of acquiring him this offseason.

Myself included.

And the compensation probably would have been the Chiefs' second round pick and they were willing to give it, and nobody would have complained.

I don't know why all of a sudden when the Chiefs bring in a guy with a similar profile to do a lot of the same things, all of a sudden they throw a shit fit.

Rausch
04-24-2010, 03:29 AM
Myself included.

And the compensation probably would have been the Chiefs' second round pick and they were willing to give it, and nobody would have complained.

I don't know why all of a sudden when the Chiefs bring in a guy with a similar profile to do a lot of the same things, all of a sudden they throw a shit fit.

The list of people willing to part with a 2nd for ANY HB was pretty fucking short...

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 03:32 AM
The list of people willing to part with a 2nd for ANY HB was pretty ****ing short...

For Sproles? That was the tender San Diego was asking for and most people seemed willing to do it. He gives you a returner, a 3rd down back, a passing down back, and a 4-receiver set option. Much of the same stuff McCluster does.

Rausch
04-24-2010, 03:37 AM
For Sproles? That was the tender San Diego was asking for and most people seemed willing to do it. He gives you a returner, a 3rd down back, a passing down back, and a 4-receiver set option. Much of the same stuff McCluster does.

And most of us would have passed...

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 03:40 AM
And most of us would have passed...

That's great to know.

Given that almost nobody outside of KC is saying this was a reach.

And given that Philly, a team that clearly has no idea how to draft players, wanted him too.

Rausch
04-24-2010, 03:42 AM
And given that Philly, a team that clearly has no idea how to draft players, wanted him too.

What part of THEY HAVE 30 LESS FUCKING NEEDS AS A TEAM do you not get?...

chiefzilla1501
04-24-2010, 03:57 AM
What part of THEY HAVE 30 LESS ****ING NEEDS AS A TEAM do you not get?...

And why are you so obsessed with a needs-based draft? Was this team ever going to be in a position to make a Super Bowl this year? No. So who cares if maybe their interior run defense looks soft in a year when they weren't a contender anyway. Get them either this year or next year, but don't forcefit just to fill a need. We'll likely have a more open free agent market and another year to draft. And the truth is, in these rounds, more than 2/3 of these players are never going to be any better than role players anyway.

I wanted Jimmy Clausen too and while I'm upset about not taking him, there has to be something up if he's passed up almost 50 times. But that's a backup over a starter, because he has PLAYMAKER CAPABILITY.

For as much shit as we're giving for the McCluster and the Moeaki pick, do they both make a Charlie Weis offense better? If they are as advertised, they will be significant contributors.

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2010, 04:12 AM
lol. Everyone outside of Chiefsplanet seems to love the pick for the Chiefs. I dont knwo how he will do. I Understand what the Chiefs are wanting to do with him and he can in theory make us a dangerous team. So i will see how it pans out.

You know though. Chiefsplanet knows more about football then anyplace else. Doesnt matter if your job is scouting players, if your job is watching NFL/College players. Chiefsplanet, the place where fans know more then NFL GM's and scouts.

Coach
04-24-2010, 04:13 AM
He's fucking Dante Hall with much less speed and much more natural ability as a pass catcher.

Really?

Dante Hall was 4.41

McCluster was 4.4 during his pro-day workout in Oxford.

Rausch
04-24-2010, 04:29 AM
And why are you so obsessed with a needs-based draft? Was this team ever going to be in a position to make a Super Bowl this year? No. So who cares if maybe their interior run defense looks soft in a year when they weren't a contender anyway. Get them either this year or next year, but don't forcefit just to fill a need. We'll likely have a more open free agent market and another year to draft. And the truth is, in these rounds, more than 2/3 of these players are never going to be any better than role players anyway.

I wanted Jimmy Clausen too and while I'm upset about not taking him, there has to be something up if he's passed up almost 50 times. But that's a backup over a starter, because he has PLAYMAKER CAPABILITY.

For as much shit as we're giving for the McCluster and the Moeaki pick, do they both make a Charlie Weis offense better? If they are as advertised, they will be significant contributors.

Ok, here it is:

We wanted a playmaker on offense. I can see that. I agreed. Hell, I was begging to draft one at WR.

We didn't. We took a guy who's a solid pass catching HB that we HOPE can make the transition to WR with 2A.

Really? With all the talent sitting there we think a HB moved to Wide fucking reciever is the best move!?!

http://mealsfromthegirlinthelittleblackdress.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/cookie-monster-wtf-is-this.jpg

Oh no, not done.

The Moeaki pick isn't stupid on just the the basic common sense level that he's NEVER FUCKING HEALHTY. Nein.

FUCKING NEIN. That's not enough stupid. WE PACK IT ALL IN THIS DRAFT. Come to find out he's also super undersized and can't block for $3it! WE JUST DRAFTED A TE THAT CAN'T BLOCK FOR A BALL-HUGGING QB THAT LOVES TO TAKE SACKS! And that's his UPSIDE!

http://www.litho-art.net/images/art/black%20and%20white/kill%20me%20now.jpg

Better, this draft does it get.

We draft a corner, much like our last corner, smart and ready to learn...

http://crabfisher.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/webster.jpg

Tribal Warfare
04-24-2010, 04:30 AM
Really?

Dante Hall was 4.41

McCluster was 4.4 during his pro-day workout in Oxford.

McCluster ran a 4.58 at the combine

Coach
04-24-2010, 04:33 AM
McCluster ran a 4.58 at the combine

Yes, at the Combine in Feb.

However, his Pro Day workout at Ole Miss was 4.4 in March.

Rausch
04-24-2010, 04:42 AM
Yes, at the Combine in Feb.

However, his Pro Day workout at Ole Miss was 4.4 in March.

I'd point out 4 reasons why you shouldn't believe that number but it's just counter-productive.

He's a Chief now.

Long live the king...

Coach
04-24-2010, 04:58 AM
I'd point out 4 reasons why you shouldn't believe that number but it's just counter-productive.

He's a Chief now.

Long live the king...

Well, then I'll point out 4 reasons why you should believe that number.

1. Lance Long and Bobby Wade screens from the WR spot. When that happened, the Chiefs constantly lost yardage becuase of those two shits couldn't even make people miss.

2. Lack of playmakers in the offense, other than Jamal Charles. God knows this offense need some playmakers in a bad way.

3. Don't have to watch Bobby Wade trying to return kicks/punts.

4. What happens if for some reason, Thomas Jones finally hit that age wall? Then you want to hand the ball to Kolby Smith? Javarris Williams? Hell, even Tim Castille?

Fuck no.

Long live the Queen.

Rausch
04-24-2010, 05:09 AM
Well, then I'll point out 4 reasons why you should believe that number.

1. Lance Long and Bobby Wade screens from the WR spot. When that happened, the Chiefs constantly lost yardage becuase of those two shits couldn't even make people miss.

They were the most purple turd from the Turkey. True 'dat. Their suck doesn't improve his speed.

Not seeing the argument here.

2. Lack of playmakers in the offense, other than Jamal Charles. God knows this offense need some playmakers in a bad way.

Agreed.

He's a playmaker.

3. Don't have to watch Bobby Wade trying to return kicks/punts.

WTF did Charles stop returning kicks?

I know he wasn't perfect and he was the starter but...damn...it's ALL YOU HAVE.

4. What happens if for some reason, Thomas Jones finally hit that age wall? Then you want to hand the ball to Kolby Smith? Javarris Williams? Hell, even Tim Castille?

**** no.

That's why I thought taking a phat-back in the late rounds might be a good idea...

Coach
04-24-2010, 05:20 AM
Not seeing the argument here.

Then I guess you are content with seeing Bobby Wade and Lance Long continue to lose yardage, becuase they could not make defenders miss? Fair enough.

Agreed.

He's a playmaker.

Thank you. That's what the offense is missing, other than Charles. The Chiefs NEED playmakers.

WTF did Charles stop returning kicks?

I know he wasn't perfect and he was the starter but...damn...it's ALL YOU HAVE.

But at the same time, do you really want to overwork Charles? It's nice to have somebody else, other than Charles at times, to do the kick return duties that isn't Bobby Wade.

Try kicking off to Charles or McCluster. Pick your poison. And I don't think Charles ACTUALLY returned a punt. Don't know why, but I don't think punt returning is his natural thing. Usually, it's Bobby Wade or somebody else doing that, and they sucked HARD.

That's why I thought taking a phat-back in the late rounds might be a good idea...

Sure, and nothing wrong with that, but it's nice to have an option on a player who can do some serious damage if somebody misses him on the open field, and has the game-breaking ability that the Chiefs sorely lacked on the slot position.

Thing is though, I'm glad the Chiefs didn't pick any projects. They seemed to do that alot in the 2nd round. Too many of them flamed out in our own very eyes. See Bartee, Savaii, etc.

Rausch
04-24-2010, 05:26 AM
But at the same time, do you really want to overwork Charles? It's nice to have somebody else, other than Charles at times, to do the punt/kick duties that isn't Bobby Wade.

Take what you have, use them the best you can, and win the fucking game.

THE END.

I don't want to hear this next season or rebuilding or we're saving this guy for.....fuck you, WIN THE GAME.

EVERY WEEK.

Sure, and nothing wrong with that, but it's nice to have an option on a player who can do some serious damage if somebody misses him on the open field, and has the game-breaking ability that the Chiefs sorely lacked on the slot position.

Definitely.

I just threw out the idea that we might spend a late pick on a phat-back. We didn't, we tossed an early pick at a hopeful playmaker.

I can't fault them for that either. I really can't fault them for that when I'm not at all sure what it is our new OC is even trying to build.

Hell, guy's only been on the job for 3 or 4 months and 0 games...

TEX
04-24-2010, 05:28 AM
Ok, here it is:

We wanted a playmaker on offense. I can see that. I agreed. Hell, I was begging to draft one at WR.

We didn't. We took a guy who's a solid pass catching HB that we HOPE can make the transition to WR with 2A.

Really? With all the talent sitting there we think a HB moved to Wide ****ing reciever is the best move!?!

This. :shake:

Coach
04-24-2010, 05:37 AM
Take what you have, use them the best you can, and win the fucking game.

THE END.

I don't want to hear this next season or rebuilding or we're saving this guy for.....fuck you, WIN THE GAME.

EVERY WEEK.

Then you run the risk of wearing out Charles, as the same thing happened under Dante, when his responsibilities grew as a slot receiver, his return game declined becuase of it. If the Chiefs gave Charles more work, he would get tired out at the end of the season, and possibly injure himself, as he is somewhat a liability on that.

Remember Devin Hester, the CB turned into a WR/KO/PR for the Bears, after one successful season as a KR/PR, the Bears expaned his role as a WR, and his return game declined becuase of it.

So why not add more, and use them the best you can and win the game as well?

I'm not going to say next season or rebuilding, becuase I ain't gonna do that.

Definitely.

I just threw out the idea that we might spend a late pick on a phat-back. We didn't, we tossed an early pick at a hopeful playmaker.

I can't fault them for that either. I really can't fault them for that when I'm not at all sure what it is our new OC is even trying to build.

Hell, guy's only been on the job for 3 or 4 months and 0 games...

Well, at least give credit due, that they didn't pick a Joe Somebody, a FB, from Notworthashitcollege in the 2nd round.

BossChief
04-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Uh it's a valid point, you think Welker puts anything up remotely close to what he does if he's not playing with Randy Moss?
he had the exact same YPC in Miami as he had in NE.

NO difference.

His amount of catches (as well as targets) went up because he was properly evaluated and matched with a real quarterback to get him the ball.
Everyone's pro day numbers are inflated by .15 seconds.
You are one of my favorite posters, but I remember you claiming to no end that all combine times have .15 added to them because of the track when you were backing Taylor Mays...now that you are taking the opposite side of the argument, that changed evidently?

I dont see how anyone can watch the guy play and think he has any speed issues.

What red flags are you talking about?

Philly was gonna take him right after us and they have done a great job of evaluating guys like him.

Deshaun Jackson, Maclin, Shady...
Nevermind, I can't argue with people that are to stupid to understand the point."too stupid"

funny that you had a post earlier in this thread talking about how you dont like how someone is condescending towards other posters...then a few pages later you shit out this post.

You know what I want to see?

The reactions to the pick if we take Cody at 2a...I can almost guarantee you that it would be something like this...

"look at the fat pos we got when a team that knows what the fuck is up takes a FUCKING PLAYMAKER right after us"

I also think its fucking hilarious that all the same posters that participated in that "gauge your level of draft anger if ______was picked at 5 if we passed on Berry" and claimed that they would be ecstatic with Spiller, evidently hate the Dexter pick at 2a...that just doesn't make much sense.

You know what else I want to see?

Our reactions to the pick if we liked Cassel and didn't value Clausen so highly...

Anyone that says that Moeaki cant block hasn't watched a single Iowa game. Not one.

Moeaki finds the open spot in the zones, runs good routes, has glue for hands, is a leader, plays big in big games, is clutch as a MFer, is not only willing but VERY effective in the run game as a edge blocker, the guy would be a borderline first-mid second if he had a good injury history.

I can guarantee you all that this kid will be a favorite on the board if he can stay healthy.

nascher
04-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Philadelphia would have taken MCCluster at 37.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 07:34 AM
it is hilarious that our guru gang was so pissed off yesterday...

after I did some research I REALLY liked our 2nd round picks...and after I saw Clausen fall to 48 it was clear that NFL personnel didn't have him rated highly as a prospect.

ILChief
04-24-2010, 07:39 AM

after I did some research I REALLY liked our 2nd round picks...and after I saw Clausen fall to 48 it was clear that NFL personnel didn't have him rated highly as a prospect.

with our wanna be Kipers, if the Cheifs don't pick exactly who they want, it's a terrible pick.

notorious
04-24-2010, 07:41 AM
Don't worry, we got some high character guys that have skills.

At least we can watch their progress and be proud of things when we start winning again.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 07:46 AM
The reality is that the 'geniuses' in here are blasting the pick and will continue to blast the pick because it shows just how little the know about the draft. Had any of them been smart enough to even mention McCluster, they would all be talking about what a player he will be in the Wes Welker mode. These guys didn't even know who he was.

I see that some are saying he is a project. Funny stuff really. He has been doing what he will be asked to do for a few years. Frankly, he carried the offense for the last few years. He will step right in.

Everyone talks about how this pick is to make Cassel look good. The Pats didn't add Wes Welker for Cassel, they added him for Tom Brady. And, for those that don't know.... that is when the offense really took off. And, I realize that Moss is there too.... so it was a combination, but no one can argue that Wes Welker doesn't make a huge impact.

Anyways, of course the 'experts' are going to bash it because no one can claim they were right... and we all know how important that is around here.

milkman
04-24-2010, 07:47 AM

How fucking difficult is it to understand that you should be finding starters, full time players, in the second round, not part time specialty players.

Dexter McCluster is a hell of a player.
He's a guy that can make some game breaking plays.

But he's a part time player drafted in the second round on a team that has more holes than you have brains.

Okay, bad analogy.

One hole is more.

milkman
04-24-2010, 07:49 AM
The reality is that the 'geniuses' in here are blasting the pick and will continue to blast the pick because it shows just how little the know about the draft. Had any of them been smart enough to even mention McCluster, they would all be talking about what a player he will be in the Wes Welker mode. These guys didn't even know who he was.

I see that some are saying he is a project. Funny stuff really. He has been doing what he will be asked to do for a few years. Frankly, he carried the offense for the last few years. He will step right in.

Everyone talks about how this pick is to make Cassel look good. The Pats didn't add Wes Welker for Cassel, they added him for Tom Brady. And, for those that don't know.... that is when the offense really took off. And, I realize that Moss is there too.... so it was a combination, but no one can argue that Wes Welker doesn't make a huge impact.

Anyways, of course the 'experts' are going to bash it because no one can claim they were right... and we all know how important that is around here.

Dexter McCluster has been talked about around here.

He's a part time fucking player you dumbfuck.

notorious
04-24-2010, 07:50 AM
We needed playmakers badly, and boy did we get some.

I am afraid a lot of people suffered from tunnel vision on this board. I could definately be classified as one of those people. About every position needed to upgraded, so the Chiefs picked the best available player.

Isn't that what most of them preached?

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 07:50 AM
dude...

hamas took Clausen #1 overall and Bruce Campbell in the 1st round...

These know-it-alls don't know anything more than anyone who even casually follows the draft...

they latch on to whatever they've cherrypicked over the last few months and then whenever something doesn't go their way they spend the next four months bitching about it...

seriously...

mecca and hamas left the board for an extended period after the draft last year because everyone was tired of their bitching...

well look what happened...

they are doing it all over again!

they are little fucking crybaby bitches that ruin draft weekend every fucking year

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 07:52 AM
How ****ing difficult is it to understand that you should be finding starters, full time players, in the second round, not part time specialty players.

Dexter McCluster is a hell of a player.
He's a guy that can make some game breaking plays.

But he's a part time player drafted in the second round on a team that has more holes than you have brains.

Okay, bad analogy.

One hole is more.

well I think McCluster and Arenas are going to be great players who make tremendous impact for the Chiefs next year.

and so does everyone else...not named Hamas/Mecca or one of their lackeys...

but like I said...

hamas and his draft track record aren't exactly something to look up to...and mecca spends every draft weekend every year incorrectly guessing every teams pick in the main thread...

those guys don't know anything...as evidenced by their posts every single year

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 07:57 AM

I was never once happy about the Tyson Jackson pick...

but I didn't let it ruin my life like you fucking idiots...

can you please disappear for two months after the draft like last year? Or is your jobless, 29 year old live at mom and dad's life too depressing where you need ChiefsPlanet to feel important?

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:02 AM
well I think McCluster and Arenas are going to be great players who make tremendous impact for the Chiefs next year.

but like I said...

hamas and his draft track record aren't exactly something to look up to...and mecca spends every draft weekend every year incorrectly guessing every teams pick in the main thread...

How do you feel about Tyson Jackson, Matt Cassel, Mike Vrabel, Donald Washington, Colin Brown and that useless TE drafted late last year?

How about the guys they picked up later, like O'Callaghan, Long, Wade, etc, etc.

Tell me one thing that Pioli did last year that has proven those guys wrong.

Hell, after we traded for Cassel, I watched every Patriot replay on the NFLN to find positives about that guy, and talked about it a lot, because I wanted to try to have a more positive outlook.

The fact is, to this point, almost every decision that Pioli has made has been absolute crap.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 08:05 AM

but like I said...

I don't mind the McCluster pick at all but I absolutely do not like the Arenas or the stupid TE we traded a pick for. We need LB's and a NT which was supposed to be the strength of the draft and our obvious need and we ignored both of them. It really has been a disaster.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 08:05 AM
it's QUITE clear we drafted McCluster to play him in a Wes Welker role...

I don't know how you people haven't gotten that yet...

They didn't draft him to be a role player...they drafted him to be a starter...and they drafted him to be the possession receiver that opens things up for Bowe and Chambers down the field...

They drafted him to get something out of Matt Cassel.

They didn't necessarily draft him to do anything in the return game...as evidenced by the Arenas pick...

We got 3 absolute playmakers with game changing ability with our first 3 picks...

after I got over the fact we didn't want Clausen and really looked at these picks...

they made perfect sense and we had a great freaking day...

but I'll let you dumbasses continue to bitch and moan about not taking a two down player or a guy that was passed on 47 times by QB needy teams...

the best thing will be when these guys are starting day 1 and making plays day 1 and every little thing that they may do wrong will be pointed out by hamas and mecca and they'll be like "omg see!"

and if they do break out and have amazing fucking seasons they'll be like...

"well that doesn't change the fact they were reaches! Blah! BLAH BLAH! We suck each other off!"

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 08:09 AM
I am totally, 100% stoked about McCluster and Arenas...

Two dynamic playmakers with great football ability and they make our team significantly better...

you guys can keep crying...

and keep referencing the 2009 draft...

but the fact of the matter is...the tape on the guys we drafted is MUCH more impressive than what we had last year with Tyson Jackson, Alex Magee and the project pick of Donald Washington (who the drafturbators seemed to like when he was drafted last year)...

I am very happy with this draft...and so is every non-Chiefs planet draft guru!

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:10 AM
it's QUITE clear we drafted McCluster to play him in a Wes Welker role...

I don't know how you people haven't gotten that yet...

They didn't draft him to be a role player...they drafted him to be a starter...and they drafted him to be the possession receiver that opens things up for Bowe and Chambers down the field...

They drafted him to get something out of Matt Cassel.

They didn't necessarily draft him to do anything in the return game...as evidenced by the Arenas pick...

We got 3 absolute playmakers with game changing ability with our first 3 picks...

after I got over the fact we didn't want Clausen and really looked at these picks...

they made perfect sense and we had a great freaking day...

but I'll let you dumbasses continue to bitch and moan about not taking a two down player or a guy that was passed on 47 times by QB needy teams...

the best thing will be when these guys are starting day 1 and making plays day 1 and every little thing that they may do wrong will be pointed out by hamas and mecca and they'll be like "omg see!"

and if they do break out and have amazing ****ing seasons they'll be like...

"well that doesn't change the fact they were reaches! Blah! BLAH BLAH! We suck each other off!"

We get it.

The McCluster pick, in an of itself, wouldn't be that bitch worthy.

It's the combination of McCluster, Arenas, and trading up for the next IR warrior that pisses me off.

We need starters, and we selected part time players and an injury prone TE.

BossChief
04-24-2010, 08:11 AM
The fact is, to this point, almost every decision that Pioli has made has been absolute crap.

I disliked about every move he made in year one, but the exact opposite is true about his moves this year so far.

Thomas Jones
Charlie Weis
Romeo Crennel
Eric Berry
Jon Asamough
Ryan Lilja
Casey Weigman

I just think some of us (not you, I know) fell in love with the idea that we would realistically look at Clausen and that trumped everything else and we were let down when he wasn't the pick...especially in the second round. I like the McCluster pick, just not at the expense of taking a top qb talent.

I wish the rumors never got started in the first place.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 08:11 AM
so far...

I think we've drafted 5 starters.

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:22 AM
so far...

No we haven't.

Dexter McCluster might be a part time Wes Welker, but he's smaller and will have to used a lot more sparingly than Welker in rder to hold up physically.

Arenas will be a nickelback, at best.

Asomoah is a damn good pick and evry well could be an anchor at RG for 12-15 years.

Moeaki could be a starter if he can stay on the field, but that's questionable.

Sanka
04-24-2010, 08:25 AM
Golden Tate > Dexter McBust

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 08:26 AM
so far...

You're crazy Hootie. We got 2 at most and I like the McCluster pick. He is the almost exactly the same size as Welker.

Marco Polo
04-24-2010, 08:28 AM
I think Carr will beat out Arenas initially but will be starting by the end of the year. I agree though. Through five picks, we have five new starters.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:29 AM
You're crazy Hootie. We got 2 at most and I like the McCluster pick. He is the almost exactly the same size as Welker.

McCluster is about 20 lbs lighter.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 08:33 AM

13lbs rounds up to 20 in your mind? Explains a lot.

And, McCluster is coming out of college.... most guys add a little weight... just to let you know.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 08:34 AM

that desean jackson sure can't play in the NFL! he's too light!

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:39 AM
13lbs rounds up to 20 in your mind? Explains a lot.

And, McCluster is coming out of college.... most guys add a little weight... just to let you know.

Welker is listed at 190.
McCluster is listed at 172.

That's 18 lbs

Learning math would be a sensible thing to do.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Welker is listed at 190.
McCluster is listed at 172.

That's 18 lbs

Learning math would be a sensible thing to do.

http://www.nfl.com/players/weswelker/profile?id=WEL219433

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Wes Welker

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WelkWe00.htm

Dexter McCluster

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010RB.php

4th on the page.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 08:43 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/weswelker/profile?id=WEL219433

Owned.

SenselessChiefsFan
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/493735/wes-welker

Short Leash Hootie
NFL.com and ESPN.com list him at 185...

Short Leash Hootie
and apparently CBS

SenselessChiefsFan
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7027

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 08:44 AM
and apparently yahoo

SenselessChiefsFan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Welker

SenselessChiefsFan
http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/player/5598

SenselessChiefsFan
http://www.mahalo.com/wes-welker

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 08:45 AM
http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=31608

KC kid
Complaining about a draft pick will make you look smart most of the time considering the success rate of most players. It does not make the crybabies any less annoying

SenselessChiefsFan
I looked high and low, and I don't see anywhere that he is listed at 190.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Wes Welker

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WelkWe00.htm

Dexter McCluster

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010RB.php

4th on the page.

Well, I go with the weight reported in NFL.com for both players, that way, I know they are consistent.

But, I know you want to make it seem as big of a difference as possible..... so, there you go.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 08:49 AM

Apparently, I didn't look at the one website that reported him at 190. Sorry. I just googled it and put in all the websites that it returned.

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:50 AM

I went to the one sight that does have him listed at 190.

So that's what I went with.

Shoot me.

But my original point still stands.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 08:51 AM

Shoot me.

well at least you'll eat crow when McCluster is a dynamic player for the Chiefs next year that helps this team win games...

hamas and mecca will never admit McCluster is a good pick even if he goes to several pro bowls over the course of his career.

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, I go with the weight reported in NFL.com for both players, that way, I know they are consistent.

But, I know you want to make it seem as big of a difference as possible..... so, there you go.

Fuck you you useless prick.

I always use Pro football reference cause it's great resource.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Good McKnight pick at this point.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 08:53 AM

Shoot me.

Convenient.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 08:54 AM
I know we picked a Safety in the 1st, but I would really like to take a chance on Rolle if he falls to us. Hard worker, great character, athlete. He fits the Pioli way.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 08:54 AM
**** you you useless prick.

I always use Pro football reference cause it's great resource.

Fair point. I probably should use it more. I just go by NFL.com and team biographies.

KCrockaholic
04-24-2010, 08:55 AM
That was really bad BossChief....

Coach
04-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Fair point. I probably should use it more. I just go by NFL.com and team biographies.

Eh, I stay away from NFL.com and team biographies.

Pro Football reference is probably a better site to go.

eazyb81
04-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Did you guys just miss the 2009 season? Carr was torched repeatedly and Leggett was even worse. It's insane to think Arenas has no chance to be the starter opposite Flowers by the end of the year.

We can argue about "value" all day, but McCluster is going to be a dynamite weapon on offense. He's a guy that can potentially take it to the house at any moment, something our offense sorely missed.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 08:57 AM
no, no, no!

According to the gurus Carr was outstanding...and every time he appeared to get torched it was really Mike Brown's fault...regardless of whether or not he was on the field.

milkman
04-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Eh, I stay away from NFL.com and team biographies.

Pro Football reference is probably a better site to go.

I don't know.

Perhaps for the info we are discussing here, NFL.com and team sites would be a better, more accurate resource, and I should probably have checked them.

Coach
Did you guys just miss the 2009 season? Carr was torched repeatedly and Leggett was even worse. It's insane to think Arenas has no chance to be the starter opposite Flowers by the end of the year.

We can argue about "value" all day, but McCluster is going to be a dynamite weapon on offense. He's a guy that can potentially take it to the house at any moment, something our offense sorely missed.

Carr was a 5th rounder, if I am not mistaken.

Make no mistakes, Carr still has alot of room to improve, but from his 1st year to 2nd year, he has shown improvement.

But your corners are gonna get torched if you have your safties of John McGraw and Mike Brown.

KCrockaholic
Our TE consultant was just on the TV on NFLN.

Mark Bavaro. I don't know if he is still working with us though...

Coach
04-24-2010, 09:02 AM
I don't know.

Perhaps for the info we are discussing here, NFL.com and team sites would be a better, more accurate resource, and I should probably have checked them.

I try to check most of them (ESPN, Yahoo, FoxSports, NFL, etc) to make sure if they all check out each other for whatever the situation/discussion is about.

milkman
no, no, no!

According to the gurus Carr was outstanding...and every time he appeared to get torched it was really Mike Brown's fault...regardless of whether or not he was on the field.

Carr is what he is.

He's a small school player who's better suited to a cover two than a man defense, who still has potetential to grow, but who may never get the nuances of man cover.

But I don't believe that Javier Arenas is going to be all that either.

eazyb81
Carr was a 6th rounder, if I am not mistaken.

Make no mistakes, Carr still has alot of room to improve, but from his 1st year to 2nd year, he has shown improvement.

But your corners are gonna get torched if you have your safties of John McGraw and Mike Brown.

What does Carr's draft round have to do with Arena starting over him?

Carr played above expectations his first year but definitely took a step back last year. I still have high hopes for him and in no way am I saying he sucks or to dump him, but I do think it's absurd for anyone to see his play last year and come to the conclusion that he has 0% chance to get beaten out as the starting CB by Arenas.

BossChief
04-24-2010, 09:03 AM
That was really bad BossChief....

meh

I had two windows open and posted it in the wrong one.

Coach
04-24-2010, 09:05 AM
What does Carr's draft round have to do with Arena starting over him?

Carr played above expectations his first year but definitely took a step back last year. I still have high hopes for him and in no way am I saying he sucks or to dump him, but I do think it's absurd for anyone to see his play last year and come to the conclusion that he has 0% chance to get beaten out as the starting CB by Arenas.

Arenas isn't going to be our #2 CB, absolutely not. He'll be assigned more like as a nickel CB in passing downs and a specialist return man.

But at the same time, your corners (outside of Brandon Flowers) will look awful if they don't have the safeties to help them (of course, a consistent pass rush as well, but that's another story for another time). I mean, do you think your job would be easy if you have Mike Brown or John McGraw covering your ass?

I don't fucking think so.

OleMissCub
04-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Look, the guy was a starting RUNNING BACK in the SEC for 2 years, often getting 20-25 touches a game and played in 26 straight games. He's not going to snap in half like a twig at the first collision. Jesus.

Yes, he is small, but Dexter is a unique player. Try not to have such tunnel vision over 15 lbs. Just accept the guy for who he is and wait and see what he does.

eazyb81
04-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Arenas isn't going to be our #2 CB, absolutely not. He'll be assigned more like as a nickel CB in passing downs and a specialist return man.

But at the same time, your corners (outside of Brandon Flowers) will look awful if they don't have the safeties to help them (of course, a consistent pass rush as well, but that's another story for another time). I mean, do you think your job would be easy if you have Mike Brown or John McGraw covering your ass?

I don't ****ing think so.

I'll take that bet. Arenas most definitely can be the starter over Carr by the end of the year. Carr is solid but Arenas can certainly come in and challenge him for the starting job. Probably knows Crennel's defense better already than Carr.

Yes, of course shit safeties don't help CBs. But that doesn't explain away why teams picked on Carr and Leggett all year long and got away with it. It's not ALL the safeties, which is why Flowers didn't have a bad year.

Poor safety play hurt the CBs last year, but Arenas will still most likely be an upgrade over Carr.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Carr is what he is.

He's a small school player who's better suited to a cover two than a man defense, who still has potetential to grow, but who may never get the nuances of man cover.

But I don't believe that Javier Arenas is going to be all that either.

I like the Arenas pick. He will be a starter. Why? Because so many teams open the game in a three wide set. Is he going to be the starting R or L CB? Nope. Not the right size. But, he will be the top nickel back and will be very effective.

Coach
04-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I'll take that bet. Arenas most definitely can be the starter over Carr by the end of the year. Carr is solid but Arenas can certainly come in and challenge him for the starting job. Probably knows Crennel's defense better already than Carr.

Yes, of course shit safeties don't help CBs. But that doesn't explain away why teams picked on Carr and Leggett all year long and got away with it. It's not ALL the safeties, which is why Flowers didn't have a bad year.

Poor safety play hurt the CBs last year, but Arenas will still most likely be an upgrade over Carr.

Well, then another reason why our not so good corners got exposed quickly was becuase of a lack of a consistent pass-rush.

If the Chiefs had any kind of a pass-rush, the corners wouldn't be so badly exposed.

One way or another, with all the receivers that KC is going to be facing, I guess it doesn't hurt to have many DB's while you still can.

Reaper16
04-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Carr had two poor games last year, 1 against San Diego and one against Denver. Gaffney toasted Flowers that game, too.

MoreLemonPledge
04-24-2010, 09:13 AM
I like the Arenas pick. He will be a starter. Why? Because so many teams open the game in a three wide set. Is he going to be the starting R or L CB? Nope. Not the right size. But, he will be the top nickel back and will be very effective.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00369/Chad_Kroeger_Nickel_369224a.jpg