PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Mayock said he "Loves" what KC has done in this draft

Herzig
04-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Shocking...

DBOSHO
04-23-2010, 06:55 PM
really worth a thread?

RJ
04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Shocking...

Did he say why he loves it?

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
does that make you cry less or more?

Herzig
04-23-2010, 06:57 PM
really worth a thread?

I thought so...pretty opposite of what everyone else here is saying.

What the hell happened my inflated post count?

wazu
04-23-2010, 06:58 PM
really worth a thread?

Really, what is so sacred about "new threads"? I think some people here would really rather just have one monster thread where all football-related info is posted.

Herzig
04-23-2010, 06:58 PM
He said Mcluster and Arenas were very near and dear to his heart...also liked the G pick in the 3rd.

Icon
04-23-2010, 06:59 PM
McCluster was a reach but he's gonna be fun to watch. Arenas? Good college player but short and slow is not a good combo for an NFL CB. I like the Asamoah pick.

Johnny Vegas
04-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Mayock can thuck it

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 07:00 PM
McCluster was a reach but he's gonna be fun to watch. Arenas? Good college player but short and slow is not a good combo for an NFL CB. I like the Asamoah pick.

McCluster wasn't a reach. Philly was about to nabe him. Arenas is a great returner and will be great matched up on a slot WR.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
He also loves Robert Ayers, loved him all the way to 0 sacks.

DBOSHO
04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Really, what is so sacred about "new threads"? I think some people here would really rather just have one monster thread where all football-related info is posted.

i dont have beef with the OP or anything, but i got my thread privelages taken away for making more in depth threads than this. im just bitter

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 07:02 PM

You are just jealous. Just admit it.

wazu
04-23-2010, 07:04 PM
i dont have beef with the OP or anything, but i got my thread privelages taken away for making more in depth threads than this. im just bitter

Okay - bitter I respect.

FD
04-23-2010, 07:04 PM

And you hated pro-bowler Orakpo more than anything else. Do you really want the rule that if youre wrong once, nobody should pay attention to your opinions?

aturnis
04-23-2010, 07:06 PM

Yeah a lot of phuqtards who would really rather be posting in chat rooms apparently.

Bootlegged
04-23-2010, 07:06 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaVyEqlMQdk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oaVyEqlMQdk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

HolmeZz
04-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Mecca used to slurp Mayock hard.

DaWolf
04-23-2010, 07:09 PM

Was he really a reach when the team behind you was set to take him?

I get that no one here wanted to take him but he was drafted pretty much around where he was expected to be...

tk13
04-23-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't put stock into any one guy too much.... but I will say three years ago this board acted like Mayock was one of the most knowledgable people, if not the most, regarding the draft. Now some of those same people act like he's an idiot. Very strange.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 07:10 PM

I get that no one here wanted to take him but he was drafted pretty much around where he was expected to be...

For our team yea, do you really think the Eagles and Chiefs are remotely comparable in where they sit as teams?

DaWolf
04-23-2010, 07:15 PM
For our team yea, do you really think the Eagles and Chiefs are remotely comparable in where they sit as teams?

The Chiefs have needs EVERYWHERE, not just in a couple of positions. It's not like we are an ILB or NT away from being a top 5 D. Outside of Charles, this is also one of the slowest and least explosive teams in the NFL on offense, defense, and special teams...

Marcellus
04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
The Chiefs have needs EVERYWHERE, not just in a couple of positions. It's not like we are an ILB or NT away from being a top 5 D. Outside of Charles, this is also one of the slowest and least explosive teams in the NFL on offense, defense, and special teams...

I was just thinking this. I want a great nose tackle, we need one, but as long as every pick is a contributor and makes us better somewhere, we do improve and so far we are improving.

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Drafting for need (and not drafting for need) is why the Chiefs are who we are and the Ravens are who they are.

Brock
04-23-2010, 07:27 PM
The Chiefs added speed and talent. I'm all right with it.

Chiefburger
04-23-2010, 07:29 PM

The Eagles are one of the youngest teams in the league. They are rebuilding and would be lucky to finish 8-8. In terms of skill, they are comparable to the Chiefs.

notorious
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
The Eagles are one of the youngest teams in the league. They are rebuilding and would be lucky to finish 8-8. In terms of skill, they are comparable to the Chiefs.

Whoa. Seriously?

Brock
04-23-2010, 07:31 PM

Uhhh......:doh!:

WildTurkey

This.... and we needed it, badly

morphius

With our nickle CB's being abused by teams at will last year, and having nobody that can return for crap, I can understand the pick. 2 birds 1 stone type of thing.

Priest31kc
04-23-2010, 07:32 PM
With our nickle CB's being abused by teams at will last year, and having nobody that can return for crap, I can understand the pick. 2 birds 1 stone type of thing.

True, our nickels did get abused. But what does this say about Donald Washington?? I guess they're admitting he was a mistake.

notorious
04-23-2010, 07:33 PM

This. There isn't a smiley to convey the look on my face right now.

crazycoffey
04-23-2010, 07:33 PM

every time a new thread is created, a baby angel loses it's wings. So yeah, it's kinda big deal....

raise your hand if you're really surprised that pioli made some safe/possibly solid picks, contributers out of the gate.

Could we have gone a different direction? sure. but I'm not uspset or butt hurt that we didn't take Jesus Christ.

Saul Good
04-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Mecca used to slurp Mayock hard.

Now he slurps my hard cock.

Marcellus
04-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Whoa. Seriously?

They are heading that way. They have lost and gained talent but not in key positions.

KC has a better RB, better Corners, and now better safeties. Wide receiver is a question right now depending on how Bowe and Chambers and now McCluster stack up.

Obviously it looks like QB is in the Eagles favor as well as DL and LB but who knows how Kobb will do with a full season.

I think the Eagles will likely finish around 8-8 or 9-7. Of course it's a tough ass division.

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 07:36 PM
True, our nickels did get abused. But what does this say about Donald Washington?? I guess they're admitting he was a mistake.

I heard that they were thinking about playing him at safety

notorious
04-23-2010, 07:36 PM

They are heading that way. They have lost and gained talent but not in key positions.

KC has a better RB, better Corners, and now better safeties. Wide receiver is a question right now depending on how Bowe and Chambers and now McCluster stack up.

Obviously it looks like QB is in the Eagles favor as well as DL and LB but who knows how Kobb will do with a full season.

I think the Eagles will likely finish around 8-8 or 9-7. Of course it's a tough ass division.

I agree with the record projection due to losing their QB and hard schedule, but talent wise they have us by quite a bit.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Anyone who thinks the Eagles and Chiefs are comparable in talent is either not being serious or is the dumbest fucker alive.

Chiefburger
04-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Whoa. Seriously?

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're serious about asking whether I'm serious. I am: the Eagles, like the Chiefs, will likely miss the playoffs. Like us, they have a questionable D and an offense led by an unproven QB. Go ahead and do something most Eagles fans can't and find more than eight wins in their schedule:

Sun. 12 Green Bay 4:15 PM
Sun. 19 @ Detroit 1 PM
Sun. 26 @ Jacksonville 4:05 PM

October
Sun. 3 Washington 4:15 PM
Sun. 10 @ San Francisco 8:20 PM
Sun. 17 Atlanta 1 PM
Sun. 24 @ Tennessee 1 PM
Sun. 31 Bye Week

November
Sun. 7 Indianapolis
Mon. 15 @ Washington
Sun. 21 New York Giants
Sun. 28 @ Chicago
December
Thurs. 2 Houston
Sun. 12 @ Dallas
Sun. 19 @ New York Giants
Sun. 26 Minnesota
January
Sun. 2 Dallas

My only point is the Eagles aren't as good as their rep and maybe headed in the opposite direction of the fledgling Chiefs.

notorious
04-23-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're serious about asking whether I'm serious. I am: the Eagles, like the Chiefs, will likely miss the playoffs. Like us, they have a questionable D and an offense led by an unproven QB. Go ahead and do something most Eagles fans can't and find more than eight wins in their schedule:

An 8-8 KC record vs. a 8-8 Philly record is very, very different.

Philly has a murderous schedule while ours appears to be very beneficial.

Chiefburger
04-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Anyone who thinks the Eagles and Chiefs are comparable in talent is either not being serious or is the dumbest ****er alive.

You sure show a lot of reverence to a team who got blown out by Dallas and then lost their All-Pro QB and CB. So outside of Deshawn Jackson, what talent do the Eagles possess that is so much superior to the Eagles? Trent Cole? Come on.

morphius
04-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Well I thought the same thing, but maybe they saw enough of his sucktatude last year. I guess we could look at it as they can admit when they made a mistake? I do really question taking nickle and slot guys with so many needs, but I'm not going to hate on the player because we probably should have looked at a different position.

Chiefburger
04-23-2010, 07:52 PM

Philly has a murderous schedule while ours appears to be very beneficial.

Disagree. There's no extreme difference between two mediocre teams. These Eagles are a shell of what they once were and this sentiment is shared by local media and the city majority.

tmax63
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
People can bitch about the order or names but I'm in the same camp some others have put forth. We got a playmaker at safety. The Chiefs sucked bawwwwlllllls in the return game and needed at least 1 more receiver. They got one guy and 2 birds/1 stone. The way they gave up yards in the secondary they needed a better nickle back. They got one. They let a couple guards walk in the offseason and they weren't worth stopping from going out the door. Through FA and 3rd pick they have improved the interior line. They still need some lb's and a d-line help but there's still a few more picks and there will be some players, better than we have, released from other teams come cut-down time. All in all after 3 rounds I see a concious effort to make the team better. I can't bitch too loudly about that.

boogblaster
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
maylock knows feetball ...

1ChiefsDan
04-23-2010, 08:28 PM

Philly has a murderous schedule while ours appears to be very beneficial.Seriously, NFL joined the BCS? We now count strength of schedule?:spock:

BigMeatballDave
04-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Uric Bury

Lanning
04-23-2010, 08:49 PM
By listening to some of the comments I've read today on this site it seems that some either aren't KC fans or just insist on being negative.

The Chiefs had a nice draft. I'd give it a B+. Berry is going to be a stud. McCluster is going to be Darren Sproles 2.0. Arenas is going to be very dangerous as a kick returner. Asumoah will be a solid guard to replace Waters eventually, and that TE from Iowa looks to be a solid pass catching TE.

I know you guys will be upset to hear this but so far the Chiefs have had a pretty good draft.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM

I keep hearing the speed quote.

4.5+ is not fast...

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
By listening to some of the comments I've read today on this site it seems that some either aren't KC fans or just insist on being negative.

The Chiefs had a nice draft. I'd give it a B+. Berry is going to be a stud. McCluster is going to be Darren Sproles 2.0. Arenas is going to be very dangerous as a kick returner. Asumoah will be a solid guard to replace Waters eventually, and that TE from Iowa looks to be a solid pass catching TE.

I know you guys will be upset to hear this but so far the Chiefs have had a pretty good draft.

I don't think the draft is horrible, it's just that they didn't address the middle of our defense.

That is going to hurt us next year.

As for the anger, fuck yes a lot of us are angry. 35+ years of doing jack shit has a tendency to make a fanbase angry.

If we didn't get mad, that would be an acception of mediocraty.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM

No, they didn't.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Seriously, NFL joined the BCS? We now count strength of schedule?:spock:

We were comparing talent between the teams and his argument about how record was a way to compare talent.

In other words you missed hitting the ball before it was even pitched :spock:

TEX
04-23-2010, 08:55 PM

EXCEPT for the whole 2nd round. Still IF then he other picks work out, it will be successful.

MahiMike
04-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I think they've picked up some stud playmakers on all 3 teams. Should be exciting to see 8-8 this year while we fill in the rest of the holes next year.

Brock
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
It seems people are dogging this draft for not filling needs, but this team has needs everywhere. The main thing they needed is playmakers, and as far as I'm concerned they did that especially in the first two rounds. I'm not a fan of drafting to fill specific needs. Spending a high pick on a fat guy just because you need a fat guy isn't an idea I'm in favor of.

Lanning
04-23-2010, 09:02 PM
EXCEPT for the whole 2nd round. Still IF then he other picks work out, it will be successful.

Did you not watch the Chiefs last season? They had many weaknesses, one of them was the lack of speed and the inability on special teams. Arenas and McCluster add both of those attributes.

Trust me, I'm tired of losing as much as the next guy. But, unlike you I don't just sit around and spend my day whining about a freakin 2nd round pick! You can whine all you want, but McCluster and Arenas are Chiefs whether you like it or not!

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:05 PM
It seems people are dogging this draft for not filling needs, but this team has needs everywhere. The main thing they needed is playmakers, and as far as I'm concerned they did that especially in the first two rounds. I'm not a fan of drafting to fill specific needs.

This.

How many times is that Brock? LOL

Red Dawg
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
This.... and we needed it, badly

What I need badly is for her to pick up that IPOD with both hands and replace it with my face.

Saccopoo
04-23-2010, 09:08 PM

What the fuck were you watching?

TEX
04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Did you not watch the Chiefs last season? They had many weaknesses, one of them was the lack of speed and the inability on special teams. Arenas and McCluster add both of those attributes.

Trust me, I'm tired of losing as much as the next guy. But, unlike you I don't just sit around and spend my day whining about a freakin 2nd round pick! You can whine all you want, but McCluster and Arenas are Chiefs whether you like it or not!

Hardly spent all day whining friend. Last I checked this is a BB for opinions and mine is the 2nd round blows. You have your opinion - I have mine. I respect yours, I just don't agree with it. In my opinion the Chiefs could have done much better - are you really telling me that our 2nd round picks were two of the best 50 players in the draft???

Icon
04-23-2010, 09:13 PM

I think this draft so far is pretty solid too.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 09:22 PM
It seems people are dogging this draft for not filling needs, but this team has needs everywhere. The main thing they needed is playmakers, and as far as I'm concerned they did that especially in the first two rounds. I'm not a fan of drafting to fill specific needs. Spending a high pick on a fat guy just because you need a fat guy isn't an idea I'm in favor of.

I'm not all that impressed with the risks Baltimore took. Boom or bust guys. I think if we wanted a slot WR that could return we should have gone with Tate. Being that he already is a WR and all.

I don't think these are bad players but I think we avoided core positions for role players. Not smart when there are starters there on the board.

I think Berry and Asamoah were fucking great picks and starters on this team for years. That said I pretty much disagree on all the rest of them so far...

Lanning
04-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Hardly spent all day whining friend. Last I checked this is a BB for opinions and mine is the 2nd round blows. You have your opinion - I have mine. I respect yours, I just don't agree with it. In my opinion the Chiefs could have done much better - are you really telling me that our 2nd round picks were two of the best 50 players in the draft???

Apparently on Scott Pioli's board they were, and he has given me no reason not to trust him thus far. Yes, I know Tyson Jackson hasn't been the most popular pick as of late but not every solid NFL player is great immediately. Who knows, maybe Tyson Jackson will be better in 2010. He can only get better at this point.

I agree that this board is for opinions but can you at least support your opinions with logic? Here's what seems to be the common logic: "He can't play because he's skinny" "He's a midget" "He is to fragile" etc... Hey, some of this might be true, but who are you to judge. Until he proves he can't play in the NFL why can't we just step back and think of the glass half full? What if they do succeed? Huh???

JohnnyV13
04-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Mike May-I-suck-your-cock likes it. That should be good enough for us.

TEX
04-23-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm not all that impressed with the risks Baltimore took. Boom or bust guys. I think if we wanted a slot WR that could return we should have gone with Tate. Being that he already is a WR and all.

I don't think these are bad players but I think we avoided core positions for role players. Not smart when there are starters there on the board.

I think Berry and Asamoah were ****ing great picks and starters on this team for years. That said I pretty much disagree on all the rest of them so far...

This X 2 - I love the Berry and Asamoah picks too. I also agree with your take regarding the avoidence of core players in favor of role players - and regarding said role players - IF they wanted a slot WR in the Wes Welker mold for instance, Shipley could have been had for much later than an early 2nd.

TEX
04-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Apparently on Scott Pioli's board they were, and he has given me no reason not to trust him thus far. Yes, I know Tyson Jackson hasn't been the most popular pick as of late but not every solid NFL player is great immediately. Who knows, maybe Tyson Jackson will be better in 2010. He can only get better at this point.

I agree that this board is for opinions but can you at least support your opinions with logic? Here's what seems to be the common logic: "He can't play because he's skinny" "He's a midget" "He is to fragile" etc... Hey, some of this might be true, but who are you to judge. Until he proves he can't play in the NFL why can't we just step back and think of the glass half full? What if they do succeed? Huh???

You're not making sense - Tyson Jackson is a great reason not to trust him if you were really looking for a reason or were open to one. Again, I'm not "judging" anyone - just giving my opinion. It seems that you're confused as to the difference. It's also not logical to draft role players on a team that needs so many core players when said team has 2 picks in round 2 to address the need for core players - Follow that logic?

Just Passin' By
04-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Good job for the Chiefs so far. The team still has a long way to go, but this is a good step forward.

buddha
04-23-2010, 10:02 PM
To be honest, our current TEs suck, so while some of you may consider it a throw away position, it may very well be important in CW's new scheme. I'm willing to wait on that one.

The pick that made zero sense to me was McCluster. We already have that guy in Charles. How many midget backs/slots do you need? One of them is a huge blocking liability...two of them means that two defenders aren't being blocked on each play. Granted, both of them are guys who can go the distance, but McCluster is tiny...and please stop saying that he's the next Sproles. He's not. He's much more likely to be the next Paul Palmer. And the bullshit about Philly was about to take him...? How the hell would anybody really know that? And is Dex McCluster so great that we get desperate and have to get him so high in the SECOND FREAKING ROUND? REALLY?

I hope he proves me wrong and he is just a slippery mother out there and contributes right away. I'll happily eat crow.

Arenas is just a freaking ball player. He's a smaller version of Brandon Flowers, but not much smaller. I like him alot.

The Illinois guard is good. Nobody will regret that pick, trust me.

Arrowhead Nation
04-23-2010, 10:26 PM

Best post of the night. Fans who have no patience would make terrible GMs.

notorious
04-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Fans would make terrible GMs.

FYP

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 10:29 PM

I don't think this is the board for you. Just a hunch.

MoreLemonPledge
04-23-2010, 10:33 PM

Yep. Any speck of optimism is immediately shot down by the prevailing negativity on this board.

notorious
04-23-2010, 10:33 PM

Le This.

This is a rough, tough, no bullshit type of forum.

Prepare for a lot of sand to find your vagina if you post here.

notorious
04-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Yep. Any speck of optimism is immediately shot down by the prevailing negativity on this board.

It isn't too bad when this team is winning. We have lost for so long, it is hard to be optimistic.

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 10:37 PM

I actually agree with you

Lanning
04-24-2010, 09:29 AM
You're not making sense - Tyson Jackson is a great reason not to trust him if you were really looking for a reason or were open to one. Again, I'm not "judging" anyone - just giving my opinion. It seems that you're confused as to the difference. It's also not logical to draft role players on a team that needs so many core players when said 2 team as 2 picks in round 2 to address the need for core players - Follow that logic?

Think of it this way, D-line is probably the slowest position to develop in the NFL. Not many come right in and succeed their rookie year (Brian Orakpo and Pat Williams are really the only 2 who had great years in their 1st year).

Look at Albert Haynesworth; his rookie year was very similar to Dorsey's and Jackson's. Time will tell how our 2 d-lineman do.

You are right when you said that it isn't logical to draft role players in the 2nd round. It also isn't logical to draft a player with supposedly major injury concerns (Sergio Kindle), or a guy who can't even find his belly button (Terrance Cody).

Pioli has sent a message to me with these picks, we are going to be quick and opponents are going to be scared with some of the speed that KC possesses (McCluster, Arenas, Berry). Overall I think the KC Chiefs have gotten a lot better. Still need to sign a NT and LB.

Mosbonian
04-24-2010, 09:41 AM
It isn't too bad when this team is winning. We have lost for so long, it is hard to be optimistic.

This board has never been optimistic....even when we were winning.

And most have learned what guys like Jason Whitlock already knows.....the more cynical and critical you are, the more negative and relentless you are, the more publicity you generate for yourself.

mmaddog

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Think of it this way, D-line is probably the slowest position to develop in the NFL. Not many come right in and succeed their rookie year (Brian Orakpo and Pat Williams are really the only 2 who had great years in their 1st year).

Look at Albert Haynesworth; his rookie year was very similar to Dorsey's and Jackson's. Time will tell how our 2 d-lineman do.

You are right when you said that it isn't logical to draft role players in the 2nd round. It also isn't logical to draft a player with supposedly major injury concerns (Sergio Kindle), or a guy who can't even find his belly button (Terrance Cody).

Pioli has sent a message to me with these picks, we are going to be quick and opponents are going to be scared with some of the speed that KC possesses (McCluster, Arenas, Berry). Overall I think the KC Chiefs have gotten a lot better. Still need to sign a NT and LB.

:clap: Good post.

Epic Fail 007
04-24-2010, 09:58 AM

i could not agree with you more

crazycoffey
04-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Lanning for n00b of the year! I have always agreed with that sentiment. Some of you, Meccamists are just so negative all the time. You think you're being "real" but you're not. This isn't a bad draft, this team seems to be making good steps to a positive direction, I'm excited to continue watching that develop. I want to see these new guys in preseason games, and make notable progress by the halfway of the season. I want to be excited to watch the chiefs.

And I'm getting as tired of the overly negativity on this board as I was of King Carl's draft strategies. When I said this as a n00b, I was blasted for trying to "change CP" and "this place isn't for you" crap too Lanning. What a crock this place can serve sometimes. But make yourself comfortable and stay awhile.

BigMeatballDave
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I think if we wanted a slot WR that could return we should have gone with Tate. Being that he already is a WR and all.

Think about that for a minute. Weis was his HC. We passed. Sends up a red flag to me.

Fish
04-24-2010, 03:15 PM

Tyson Jackson can't get any worse... and you're using that as hope? Really?

I personally haven't proven I can't play in the NFL. Does that mean that the board should be hopeful that I join the team?

Blind hope is great and all... but this team burned away all that blind hope for me many many years ago. Blind hope is just a half step up from ignorance.

I'm a fan of this team. For better or worse. That doesn't require being positive about every little thing they do.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
McCluster wasn't a reach. Philly was about to nabe him. Arenas is a great returner and will be great matched up on a slot WR.

Oh God do you love EVERYTHING that fat fuck does just on principal alone????

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Good job for the Chiefs so far. The team still has a long way to go, but this is a good step forward.

Oh great; YOU.:facepalm:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Tom Waddle on NFLN just said the Chiefs are a team that won 4 games last year, and they don't have the luxury of adding change of pace running backs to their roster in the 2nd round. Particularly when they already have one in JC. Fran Charles said they were going to line him up in the slot and Waddle chuckled and said "Uh, ooookay."

What a fucking moron that guy is. It's obvious why he's not a GM.

LetsSignRussell
04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Tom Waddle on NFLN just said the Chiefs are a team that won 4 games last year, and they don't have the luxury of adding change of pace running backs to their roster in the 2nd round. Particularly when they already have one in JC. Fran Charles said they were going to line him up in the slot and Waddle chuckled and said "Uh, ooookay."

What a ****ing moron that guy is. It's obvious why he's not a GM.

:cuss:

Bob Dole
04-24-2010, 05:53 PM

YOU ARE WRONG ST00PID N00B!

WildTurkey
04-24-2010, 05:55 PM

wow someone on this board with a well thought out reasonable opinion..... rep

TEX
04-24-2010, 06:03 PM

Waddle is correct. We totally blew the 2nd round based on the shape of the team. We need core players not role players. Sorry - just can't buy into any other logic.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Waddle is correct. We totally blew the 2nd round based on the shape of the team. We need core players not role players. Sorry - just can't buy into any other logic.

I was being sarcastic. I blew up when we made that pick. What's done is done, but everyone was saying how everyone thinks our draft was an A grade. Well, Waddle is the first person I've heard address it and he was laughing his ass off at us.

Marcellus
04-24-2010, 06:20 PM

Waddle obviously doesn't know that McCluster was WR in college that was moved to RB so they could get him more touches because he was their most explosive player.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Waddle obviously doesn't know that McCluster was WR in college that was moved to RB so they could get him more touches because he was their most explosive player.

Remember when Dante Hall got moved to slot receiver? Remember what happened? His career was shortened significantly after that move. He made some great catches, and he was explosive in the slot to some degree, but it shortened his career.

Now I'm not comparing McCluster to Hall especially at WR. I'm sure McCluster will be able to do much better in that role. The reason I bring it up is because they're both the same height and Hall was almost 25lbs heavier than McCluster.

If they're really going to just stick him in the slot, he'll be lucky to play for 5 years.

teedubya
04-24-2010, 06:50 PM

I think Berry and Asamoah were ****ing great picks and starters on this team for years. That said I pretty much disagree on all the rest of them so far...

This.

dtebbe
04-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Remember when Dante Hall got moved to slot receiver? Remember what happened?

Yea.. this: :)
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vemGEI9Iexw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vemGEI9Iexw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

KCDC
04-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Nice post by Lanning. Rep and welcome to CP.

There are two schools of thought about everything.

a) need vs. BPA
b) reach for playmakers vs. taking someone ranked higher, but with issues
c) focus the draft the front seven vs. draft the skill positions
d) coaching is key vs. coaching can't turn chickensh*t into chicken salad
e) good and mature citizens vs. more raw talent but with character issues
f) patience vs. win now
g) quality vs. quantity
h) Pioli made mistakes with Cassel, Pollard and T-Jax so he is FAIL vs. people learn from their mistakes and it is not so certain that these will play out poorly for the team.
i) a good fan should feel free to criticize his team vs. a "true fan" doesn't

You'll find folks here who will debate any of these issues all day long and will line up on both sides with passionate views. You can't win everyone over. This board is too diverse. But, that is what helps make this place fun.

As for me, I'm not clairvoyant as to who will be a star or not, but I liked the Chiefs draft. It gives me optimism that the team will be less predictably weak. Our second round picks will help us potentially turn a losing game into a winning game in one touch of a football. That is something that we have been sorely missing. Last season, the fun for me was watching Charles shred defenses and watching Studebaker gain key interceptions. We added two guys in the second round that will, IMO, have the "X-Factor" to score on any play, even moreso than Tate or Shipley, and put us in a better position to win than one more talented tackle or ILB. Yeah, I know that you need tackles (on both sides of the ball) and ILB are key to stopping the run. Yes, they are important! But give me an X-Factor guy with football smarts anytime. Maybe Kindle could have been an X-Factor at OLB. Maybe. But with a knee of a 40 year old NFL veteran, I'll take my chances on the guys Pioli picked.

philfree
04-26-2010, 12:52 PM

I think he retired from to many concussions.

PhilFree:arrow:

philfree
04-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Rausch

I think Berry and Asamoah were ****ing great picks and starters on this team for years. That said I pretty much disagree on all the rest of them so far

The facts are out there. McCluster was playing WR this past year and then he was moved to RB to get him more touches. He already knows how to run routes and he was good hands too. This is not a conversion job.

Thanks For Reading,
PhilFree:arrow:

Simply Red
04-26-2010, 12:56 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/21o1m3q.jpg

Reerun_KC
04-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Yea.. this: :)
<EMBED style="WIDTH: 485px; HEIGHT: 386px" height=386 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=485 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/vemGEI9Iexw&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

Ah those were some exciting times....