PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The So Called Experts Love Our Draft so Far

nascher
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Maybe some of the Experts here should take a deep breath.

I know all 4 Guys can play and contribute on our Team right away in September.

DBOSHO
04-23-2010, 07:56 PM
not threadworthy

nychief
04-23-2010, 07:57 PM
not threadworthy

give me a fucking break... are we wasting bandwidth?

splatbass
04-23-2010, 07:58 PM
not threadworthy

Why? Because you disagree with them?

Silock
04-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, most of them hated our previous drafts, and it turns out they were mostly right. Hope they're mostly right about this one.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:01 PM
The Clausen lovers need to chill the fuck out.

I wanted Clausen, but the Chiefs passed over him TWICE. The one person that knows the most about him helped Pioli make that decision. TWICE

This changed my mind about him. Oh, and the other 32 teams passing over him multiple times helps, too.

Farzin
04-23-2010, 08:06 PM
not threadworthy

Not post worthy :)

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:07 PM
This draft doesn't suck because we passed on Clausen, it sucks because we still don't have a nose tackle or a pass rusher.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:12 PM
This draft doesn't suck because we passed on Clausen, it sucks because we still don't have a nose tackle or a pass rusher.

I agree, that is why I am pissed. Clausen doesn't bother me that much anymore.

RJ
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Our 2nd round picks may end up being decent NFL players but that doesn't mean they were the right picks at those draft positions for this team.

KevB
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Correct. I really like McCluster as a player, Arenas is a gamer and the guard is a solid pick. But, we had bigger needs at every down positions and pretty good prospects available at those positions.

TheGuardian
04-23-2010, 08:39 PM
The Clausen lovers need to chill the **** out.

I wanted Clausen, but the Chiefs passed over him TWICE. The one person that knows the most about him helped Pioli make that decision. TWICE

This changed my mind about him. Oh, and the other 32 teams passing over him multiple times helps, too.

Good man. At least you have a thinking cap and use it.

TheGuardian
04-23-2010, 08:40 PM

And I think the Ravens took the two players we could have taken right? Kindle and Cody...........

58kcfan89
04-23-2010, 09:13 PM

This. I can maybe see why you pass on Kindle (medical) and Cody (weight), but we really need a NT & pass rusher of some sort. Not a TE....

KCtotheSB
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM

Having the boards resident "experts" on your Ignore List makes this place much more bearable.

HolmeZz
04-23-2010, 09:19 PM
The same people piss and moan every year about certain players we keep passing on and those players never end up amounting to anything anyway. And that doesn't stop us from doing the same old song and dance every year.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Having the boards resident "experts" on your Ignore List makes this place much more bearable.

Seriously, why be here? I don't agree, but it is nice to have the different opinions.

boogblaster
04-23-2010, 09:53 PM
NT needed LB needed .... still .....

SNR
04-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Having the boards resident "experts" on your Ignore List makes this place much more bearable.Sounds like one of the other shithole Chiefs forums with all the homers might be your place to hang out, then.

Brianfo
04-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Doesn't matter what the experts say. Mecca, Hamas, and GoChiefs have already cast their vote and we are #$%&ed. Time to fire everybody and start over.

orange
04-23-2010, 09:57 PM

Did Carolina even interview him or work him out? They couldn't have believed he was going to be available.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-23-2010, 09:58 PM
The Clausen lovers need to chill the fuck out.

I'm over Clausen. Obviously I was wrong about him. That's fine. But what the fuck did we do today? It's incomprehensible to me.

splatbass
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
But what the **** did we do today? It's incomprehensible to me.

So? :shrug:

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Our 2nd round picks may end up being decent NFL players but that doesn't mean they were the right picks at those draft positions for this team.You take the best players available.

SenselessChiefsFan
04-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Did Carolina even interview him or work him out? They couldn't have believed he was going to be available.

Probably not....that is why they drafted him.

notorious
04-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Probably not....that is why they drafted him.

ROFL

SCF you just set a bonfire on a few of the posters' computers.

I think it is very funny, though. LMAO

Rausch
04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
You take the best players available.

You honestly believe that with our 2 second round picks we took the BAA?...
:spock:

Just Passin' By
04-23-2010, 10:15 PM
The good news for Chiefs fans is that Prisco only gave the draft a "C" and is bitching about McCluster

beer bacon
04-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Best thing we could do tomorrow is package our fifths and trade up into the fourth to draft Cam Thomas or Norwood.

LaChapelle
04-23-2010, 10:40 PM
spirit gum loses it flavor rather quickly

HotRoute
04-23-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm actually starting to like our picks. The truth is nobody will know until a couple of seasons whether or not any of these players will be good or suck

TEX
04-23-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm actually starting to like our picks. The truth is nobody will know until a couple of seasons whether or not any of these players will be good or suck

But do you like the philosophy of the 2nd round, on a team with such a weak front 7???

TEX
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM

You're so correct. Un - FKN - Real! :shake:
But we DID get a midget role player for TG...

beer bacon
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
But do you like the philosophy of the 2nd round, on a team with such a weak front 7???

I think McCluster fills a big need for our offense: slot receiver with big play potential every time he touches the ball. Between McCluster and Arenas our return game should be much improved. I don't know how Arenas fills a need unless we are planning on playing nickel a whole lot or there is something up with Carr we don't know about.

splatbass
04-23-2010, 11:04 PM

With a real DL coach maybe our front 3 won't be so bad. Krumrie sucked. I think Dorsey and Jackson will be good. The only question is NT, but maybe Crennel thinks he can get good play out of what we have. None of us know their thinking. Or maybe they think they can get a good NT tomorrow or in free agency. I do agree we need LB help, but they must have a plan for that, we just don't know what it is.

TEX
04-23-2010, 11:05 PM
I think McCluster fills a big need for our offense: slot receiver with big play potential every time he touches the ball. Between McCluster and Arenas our return game should be much improved. I don't know how Arenas fills a need unless we are planning on playing nickel a whole lot or there is something up with Carr we don't know about.

I see your point on McCluster IF the RB can adjust to playing mostly in the slot as a WR. It took Dante Hall awhile, remember? With regards to Arenas - you just don't guess on round 2 picks on a team with so many needs.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 11:06 PM
With a real DL coach maybe our front 3 won't be so bad. Krumrie sucked. I think Dorsey and Jackson will be good.

Truth in this...

Pawnmower
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Doesn't matter what the experts say. Mecca, Hamas, and GoChiefs have already cast their vote and we are #$%&ed. Time to fire everybody and start over.

Oh, I thought those guys were the experts......

splatbass
04-23-2010, 11:20 PM
I see your point on McCluster IF the RB can adjust to playing mostly in the slot as a WR. It took Dante Hall awhile, remember?

He did play slot receiver his freshman year in college, so he does have some experience.

CaliforniaChief
04-23-2010, 11:23 PM

It would be pretty ironic if we drafted Griffen and Thomas in the 5th, when most of us thought they were 2nd round talent.

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm over Clausen. Obviously I was wrong about him. That's fine. But what the **** did we do today? It's incomprehensible to me.What we did today (and yesterday) was something we haven't seen very often in Kansas City. We drafted BPA from major schools, and we did it based on the guys' performance on the football field rather than their workout numbers. This was completely ability over need, on every pick from Berry to Moeaki. All the players have a similar make-up, too: they all make plays, they all led their teams, they're all guys who work hard and compete.

The irony is (I include myself in this statement, because the McCluster pick was a WTF? to me, too, at the time) is that FOR YEARS, a lot of us have been saying that the Chiefs need to draft exactly like this, that they have to stop drafting for need, they have to stop drafting projects, and they have to start drafting playmakers, and the day that they finally do it, we all go batshit crazy.

Whether it works or not, whether these were the right picks or not, well, only time will tell.

Chiefshrink
04-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Apparently Pioli feels he can address our LB and NT issues in the later rounds thus the D talent difference from the 2nd rd through the 7th rd apparently is not that far apart if any at all in Pioli's eyes so you take the best "character playmaker guy" available is how I read today's picks FWIW.

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM
What we did today (and yesterday) was something we haven't seen very often in Kansas City. We drafted BPA from major schools, and we did it based on the guys' performance on the football field rather than their workout numbers. This was completely ability over need, on every pick from Berry to Moeaki. All the players have a similar make-up, too: they all make plays, they all led their teams, they're all guys who work hard and compete.

The irony is (I include myself in this statement, because the McCluster pick was a WTF? to me, too, at the time) is that FOR YEARS, a lot of us have been saying that the Chiefs need to draft exactly like this, that they have to stop drafting for need, they have to stop drafting projects, and they have to start drafting playmakers, and the day that they finally do it, we all go batshit crazy.

Whether it works or not, whether these were the right picks or not, well, only time will tell.

No we didn't, overall.

Rounds 1 and maybe 3? Ok. I'll give you those. The rest? Laughably poor--and I don't dislike 2A (in a vacuum).

Chiefshrink
04-23-2010, 11:35 PM
What we did today (and yesterday) was something we haven't seen very often in Kansas City. We drafted BPA from major schools, and we did it based on the guys' performance on the football field rather than their workout numbers. This was completely ability over need, on every pick from Berry to Moeaki. All the players have a similar make-up, too: they all make plays, they all led their teams, they're all guys who work hard and compete.

Beat me to the punch and I totally agree. How many times have we all sat there and said many times "Damn we need some playmakers NOW"!!!!

Chiefshrink
04-23-2010, 11:39 PM
McCluster could be a "Clusterf**k pick but I doubt this seriously. I really see this kid having the potential of being able to be a "Welker, Chris Johnson and Devon Hester all wrapped up in "ONE BIG PLAYMAKING MOFO" 'EVERYTIME HE IS ON THE FIELD.:thumb:

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 11:43 PM
No we didn't, overall.

Rounds 1 and maybe 3? Ok. I'll give you those. The rest? Laughably poor--and I don't dislike 2A (in a vacuum).Based on what I've read and seen/heard tonight, the only pick anybody outside of this board (i.e. nationally) would call a reach was Arenas, and most folks had him in the 3/4 range, so the mid-2nd isn't that big of a stretch. A lot of people liked McCluster as a player, but question the team's need, or called it a 'luxury pick'.

I think maybe we're too close to the situation to look at it objectively, especially those of us who are heavy into draft analysis. (Again, I say "we" because I was throwing stuff around my apartment for most of the 2nd round). These all appear to be BPA selections.

I am not saying that in an effort to say that they were good picks or that we should love them or throw a parade. They are what they are and as with any pick it will all come down to performance in the end.

Rausch
04-23-2010, 11:45 PM

No the irony is that these are all guys that Gary Coleman has the size and speed to cover...

DeezNutz
04-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Based on what I've read and seen/heard tonight, the only pick anybody outside of this board (i.e. nationally) would call a reach was Arenas, and most folks had him in the 3/4 range, so the mid-2nd isn't that big of a stretch. A lot of people liked McCluster as a player, but question the team's need.

I think maybe we're too close to the situation to look at it objectively, especially those of us who are heavy into draft analysis. (Again, I say "we" because I was throwing stuff around my apartment for most of the 2nd round)

Hated the Arenas selection. And the TE selection...good grief. Brokie Malokie. And to give up picks?

Absolutely stunning.

No NT. Not a single LB.

Dave Lane
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM

Who are these "experts?"

keg in kc
04-23-2010, 11:57 PM
Hated the Arenas selection. And the TE selection...good grief. Brokie Malokie. And to give up picks?

Absolutely stunning.

No NT. Not a single LB.NT doesn't actually bother me. I wasn't all that enamored with anybody once Dan Williams was off the board. I wouldn't have touched Cody with a 10 foot man-bra.

I have no idea what they're going to do with linebacker, though. That's what worries me the most right now.

And I would have gone with somebody other than McCluster as 3rd WR. Somebody with some more size. But maybe that's my inability to see any possibility for a 5'8 guy being a consistent every-down contributor.

In the end, I think these are the kind of picks that might have been easier to stomach in 2011 than 2010. There are still too many holes to fill in one offseason, and we took mostly guys that fill more ancillary spots on the roster, slot receiver and nickel corner, instead of taking the positions you mentioned. Again, playmakers over 'meat and potatoes' positions. Not drafting for need.

Maybe they see more on the roster already than we do. Hard to say.

Just Passin' By
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
NT doesn't actually bother me. I wasn't all that enamored with anybody once Dan Williams was off the board. I wouldn't have touched Cody with a 10 foot man-bra.

I have no idea what they're going to do with linebacker, though. That's what worries me the most right now.

And I would have gone with somebody other than McCluster as 3rd WR. Somebody with some more size. But maybe that's my inability to see any possibility for a 5'8 guy being a consistent every-down contributor.

In the end, I think these are the kind of picks that might have been easier to stomach in 2011 than 2010. There are still too many holes to fill in one offseason, and we took mostly guys that fill more ancillary spots on the roster, slot receiver and nickel corner, instead of taking the positions you mentioned. Again, playmakers over 'meat and potatoes' positions. Not drafting for need.

Maybe they see more on the roster already than we do. Hard to say.

The draft's not even over and teams are releasing players (Faneca). Veteran help will become available to help fill spots that aren't addressed via the draft. I don't know what to tell you about the NT spot, though.

BWillie
04-23-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm tellin' you right now. I like this draft alot. I like Lilja and Shaun Smith too. I think they are good fits. Berry is a can't miss, and I think this team goes 7-9 this year. Which is a step in the right direction.

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't know what to tell you about the NT spot, though.

Eh, luckily that position doesn't matter much in a 3-4.

Just Passin' By
04-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Eh, luckily that position doesn't matter much in a 3-4.

Very few NTs play great as rookies. You people have been bitching about the rookies from last year almost from moment 1. Drafting a NT wouldn't have stopped you from complaining some more.

keg in kc
04-24-2010, 12:03 AM
I don't know what to tell you about the NT spot, though.Maybe the NT's already on the roster. Maybe they're moving one of the ends over. I don't know. :shrug:

It's something to watch as the OTA's get rolling.

Just Passin' By
04-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Maybe the NT's already on the roster. Maybe they're moving one of the ends over. I don't know. :shrug:

It's something to watch as the OTA's get rolling.

Sure, it's possible. I just don't have any information on it.

keg in kc
04-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Sure, it's possible. I just don't have any information on it.It's also possible they have some candidates in the 5th round, for NT and/or LB. Not like the draft's over. We're just in the more crap-shooty part of it.

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Very few NTs play great as rookies. You people have been bitching about the rookies from last year almost from moment 1. Drafting a NT wouldn't have stopped you from complaining some more.

Obvious fallacious statement is obvious.

No one on this site advocated for Raji, for example, or a host of NTs this year.

Pitt Gorilla
04-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Apparently Pioli feels he can address our LB and NT issues in the later rounds thus the D talent difference from the 2nd rd through the 7th rd apparently is not that far apart if any at all in Pioli's eyes so you take the best "character playmaker guy" available is how I read today's picks FWIW.I have a feeling it's not just Pioli; I would guess that Romeo either likes what we already have at NT or thinks we can get a player in the later rounds.

keg in kc
04-24-2010, 12:09 AM

No one on this site advocated for Raji, for example, or a host of NTs this year.I still don't want Raji. I just never liked that po- err guy for some reason.

HemiEd
04-24-2010, 12:14 AM

Post of the decade.

Just Passin' By
04-24-2010, 12:17 AM

No one on this site advocated for Raji, for example, or a host of NTs this year.

There's nothing fallacious about my statement. That is, however, a lovely red herring that you tossed out.

Molitoth
04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
The So Called Experts Love Our Draft so Far

Chiefsplanet only likes paper drafts. Any pick that is not a "popular" pick is a bad pick.

KingPriest2
04-24-2010, 12:21 AM

How do you know this? Weis probably wanted claussen. You don't know if weis didn't want him.

Think about this piolis qb is cassel. Why would you go against him? He brought him here. He has to stand behind him

Rausch
04-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Chiefsplanet only likes paper drafts. Any pick that is not a "popular" pick is a bad pick.

http://rlv.zcache.com/im_not_a_muse_d_is_for_deez_nuts_x_tshirt-p235122225149606433s564_400.jpg