RustShack
04-23-2010, 08:03 PM
to draft a TE from Iowa

Ari Chi3fs
04-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Tony Moeaki TE.... another ethnic TE named Tony!!!!111

TheGuardian
04-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Fuck this has gotten stupid. We need all sorts of defensive help so we take the best safety in the draft and a nickel/dime midget corner.

Iowanian
If this is true, I'm happy. Moeaki is an excellent pass catcher and not a bad blocker.

wazu
Tony Moeaki TE.... another ethnic TE named Tony!!!!111

Maybe we can trade him for Mark McMillian v2.0!

DaneMcCloud
They gave up their fourth rounder pick and their first fifth round pick this year for Moeaki.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 08:10 PM
intangibles: Hard worker who does everything asked of him on the field. Quiet player but commands respect through his production, attitude and reliability. Serious durability concerns. Lost for the 2007 season four games in with a broken wrist and dislocated elbow, spring 2008 practice due to surgery on that wrist, preseason practices and the first two games of the 2008 season with a fractured foot, additional time in 2008 with hamstring injury and concussions, and three games with an ankle injury in 2009.

KCtotheSB
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Awesome, another broke ass tight end.

*cough Brad Cottam cough*

TinyEvel
04-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Ugh. I really don;t get this. I thought Cottam/Pope were OK? From what i read this guy certainly isn't Gonzo 2.0 (unless you mean Gonzo from the Muppets) I am cool With Berry and the Arenas. After that I'm like WTF? Well, the Guard, I guess. But damn, where's our Pass rush going to come from? I guess you can't get everything fixed.

RustShack
04-23-2010, 08:15 PM
Didn't Ferantz say this was the best TE hes ever coached? That would include Dallas Clark.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 08:16 PM
we need another "injured TE" to replace Cottam

important position on which we've now spent a 3rd, 4th, and 5th over 3 drafts

while spending a 2nd and 4th on nickle CBs

and spending no picks on NT or rush backer for our 3-4 which is league worst against the run

makes sense, right?

DA_T_84
04-23-2010, 08:18 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GoGPZ-43CY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GoGPZ-43CY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:19 PM
This is by far the worst pick of the draft for the Chiefs.

Ari Chi3fs
The Patriots trade for picks... Did Pioli learn anything from Bill?

boogblaster
guess our D will be ranked 31st instead of 30th this year

Iowanian
04-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Awesome, another broke ass tight end.

*cough Brad Cottam cough*

There is ZERO comparison here, this is silly.

Moeaki has had some injury issues but when he's on the field, he's a GREAT, well rounded TE.

tomahawk kid
04-23-2010, 08:22 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GoGPZ-43CY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5GoGPZ-43CY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You're fucking with me, right?

Those are CAREER numbers?

Jesus Christ.

DA_T_84
04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
You're ****ing with me, right?

Those are CAREER numbers?

Jesus Christ.

He didn't play for like 2 season bc of injuries. soo.... take that for what it is.

el borracho
04-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Now who doesn't like a Moeaki chicken bowl?

warpaint*
04-23-2010, 08:25 PM
intangibles: Hard worker who does everything asked of him on the field. Quiet player but commands respect through his production, attitude and reliability. Serious durability concerns. Lost for the 2007 season four games in with a broken wrist and dislocated elbow, spring 2008 practice due to surgery on that wrist, preseason practices and the first two games of the 2008 season with a fractured foot, additional time in 2008 with hamstring injury and concussions, and three games with an ankle injury in 2009.

Wow.

dtrain
04-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Damn I would of rather had Graham or probaby not had to give up anything to get Dickerson.

dtrain
:cuss:

tomahawk kid
He didn't play for like 2 season bc of injuries. soo.... take that for what it is.

Even better.

warpaint*
04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
There is ZERO comparison here, this is silly.

Moeaki has had some injury issues but when he's on the field, he's a GREAT, well rounded TE.

The collisions only get harder at the next level. No thanks.

jspchief
He's a great TE. A matchup nightmare for LBs in the passing game and a very good blocker.

But he's also injured a lot.

If he can stay healthy, no one will be upset about this pick in a few years.

Lanning
I've been a Chiefs fan for my whole life and I'm surprised how arrogant/stupid some of you guys have been about these draft pick. We didn't "reach" for anybody. McCluster was going to go to Philly with the next pick if KC didn't take him, Arenas was slotted to go anywhere from late 2nd to early 3rd so not much of a reach there either.

Moeaki looks like a player that will help out immediately with the passing game. If he stays healthy I think he will be good for us. The guard from Illinois is the guard of the future after Waters retires/or leaves. McCluster and Arenas will immediately help out special teams along with their respective positions.

So for the guys who insist on being pessimistic about every pick the Chiefs make, get over yourselves. Sure we all have opinions on who the Chiefs should pick but this has gotten a bit out of hand. I didn't come to this site to hear Chiefs fans acting like 4rd graders about every move Pioli and Haley make.

-Lanning

AZChief
should i be concerned that his first "highlight" was a drop?

MadMax
04-23-2010, 08:28 PM

More fragile than Croyle.....ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

cabletech94
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pitt Gorilla
I'm no Iowa fan, but Moeaki can ball. He was a matchup problem for opposing teams all year. Playing in Iowa's offense, he can block. If healthy, it's a great pick.

RustShack
04-23-2010, 08:29 PM
He's a great TE. A matchup nightmare for LBs in the passing game and a very good blocker.

But he's also injured a lot.

If he can stay healthy, no one will be upset about this pick in a few years.

How is he a matchup nightmare? Because they aren't used to covering short TE's?

RedThat
04-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I just read that the Falcons would've taken him at #98. I guess that pretty much explains the reason for the trade up.

dirk digler
Fucking stupid. Why didn't they just keep Tony G? Fucking Pioli is a fucking fag idiot

chiefhawk1
Moeaki is a "steal" with his athletic ability in this spot. He is a great TE who will block and receive. His injuries were all freak injuries. In a couple years we will all be glad he is on the Chiefs.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Tony Moaki, H-Back, Dexter McCluster, slot WR, say hello to your offense built around the QB that can't throw more than 5 yards.

notorious

He's a nightmare because it's impossible to cover someone who's always on IR.

jspchief
How is he a matchup nightmare? Because they aren't used to covering short TE's?How many games have you seen him play?

If you want to judge what kind of player he is based on his height, go for it. But the fact of the matter is he was extremely dangerous in the passing game.

Anyone who has a clue about this guy knows that the only knock on him is durability.

Brock
04-23-2010, 08:32 PM

Is Dallas Clark a "short TE"?

Brock
Tony Moaki, H-Back, Dexter McCluster, slot WR, say hello to your offense built around the QB that can't throw more than 5 yards.

Yes, yes, as if you haven't made this point 1,000 times already.

dirk digler
He's a nightmare because it's impossible to cover someone who's always on IR.

LMAO

LMAO

Chocolate Hog
So Pioli sat on his hands all off season for this?

the Talking Can
How many games have you seen him play?

If you want to judge what kind of player he is based on his height, go for it. But the fact of the matter is he was extremely dangerous in the passing game.

Anyone who has a clue about this guy knows that the only knock on him is durability.

well, if it's only durability

he'll be golden in the nfl

aturnis
04-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Ugh. I really don;t get this. I thought Cottam/Pope were OK? From what i read this guy certainly isn't Gonzo 2.0 (unless you mean Gonzo from the Muppets) I am cool With Berry and the Arenas. After that I'm like WTF? Well, the Guard, I guess. But damn, where's our Pass rush going to come from? I guess you can't get everything fixed.

Actually Tony Gonzalez is the TE he is most often compared to. For his great hands, and his great blocking ability. Though Moeaki is a bigger threat to take it to the house from distance.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Actually Tony Gonzalez is the TE he is most often compared to. For his great hands, and his great blocking ability. Though Moeaki is a bigger threat to take it to the house from distance.

What? The reports I have read state that he lacks breakaway speed and quickness out of his routes.

aturnis
Didn't Ferantz say this was the best TE hes ever coached? That would include Dallas Clark.

He did he did.

dirk digler
Seriously how stupid are you to give up 2 picks for an injury prone POS TE? JFC have some of you lost your fucking mind. We need a NT and 3 LB's and we give up 2 picks. Fuck me.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:35 PM
Seriously how stupid are you to give up 2 picks for an injury prone POS TE? JFC have some of you lost your fucking mind. We need a NT and 3 LB's and we give up 2 picks. Fuck me.

The true fans are about to come down hard on you.

jspchief
04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
well, if it's only durability

he'll be golden in the nflAnd that's a fair complaint. I probably would have avoided him for that very reason.

My praise of him definately comes with the "if he stays healthy" caveat. But people looking at his stat line or measurables aren't coming close to getting the picture of the type of player he is.

Ari Chi3fs
04-23-2010, 08:37 PM
I've been a Chiefs fan for my whole life and I'm surprised how arrogant/stupid some of you guys have been about these draft pick. We didn't "reach" for anybody. McCluster was going to go to Philly with the next pick if KC didn't take him, Arenas was slotted to go anywhere from late 2nd to early 3rd so not much of a reach there either.

Moeaki looks like a player that will help out immediately with the passing game. If he stays healthy I think he will be good for us. The guard from Illinois is the guard of the future after Waters retires/or leaves. McCluster and Arenas will immediately help out special teams along with their respective positions.

So for the guys who insist on being pessimistic about every pick the Chiefs make, get over yourselves. Sure we all have opinions on who the Chiefs should pick but this has gotten a bit out of hand. I didn't come to this site to hear Chiefs fans acting like 4rd graders about every move Pioli and Haley make.

-Lanning

Uh, thanks Lanning. You and your 5 posts carry a lot of scorn.

RustShack
04-23-2010, 08:37 PM
How many games have you seen him play?

I haven't had much of a chance to see him play, because he never plays.

In all seriousness though, I have seen him play and heard all about him since you know, I live an hour away from Iowa City. That doesn't change the fact his has the injury bug worse than Brodie Croyle and that its going to be even more hard to stay healthy getting hit by NFL defenders.

RustShack
04-23-2010, 08:38 PM
The true fans are about to come down hard on you.

And the Iowa fans.

jspchief
04-23-2010, 08:39 PM
And the Iowa fans.And you're objective, I'm sure.

the Talking Can
04-23-2010, 08:40 PM
And that's a fair complaint. I probably would have avoided him for that very reason.

My praise of him definately comes with the "if he stays healthy" caveat. But people looking at his stat line or measurables aren't coming close to getting the picture of the type of player he is.

i get it

but after Cottam - whose 'only issue was durability' - was in fact injured consistently you can understand the snark...same for brodie

some guys are injury prone....this sure as hell looks like a text book case

Chocolate Hog
04-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm just going to pretend we didn't trade up to draft that guy.

Icon
I think if Moaki stays healthy it is a great pick. Yes we could have gone defense. The problem is when you have so many holes you can't fill them all in one draft. Pioli went heavy defense last year. Hopefully some of last years picks can develop and be ready to contribute more next year.

Brianfo

-Lanning

Best post of the %&*ing year. Congrats. I get tired of all the negativity here. Is this a Chiefs board or what. I will love the team thru thick and thin.

Brock
04-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Best post of the %&*ing year. Congrats. I get tired of all the negativity here. Is this a Chiefs board or what. I will love the team thru thick and thin.

If you don't like it here so much, fucking leave. Bitch.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
What the **** is up with the ****ing retarded nOObs sucking off an injury prone TE?

****!

Molitoth
lol anyone with an ounce of positivity on this board has neg rep.

Mecca
Scott Pioli loves drafting TE's and CB's, that's my thought after 2 drafts.

Frosty
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Scott Pioli loves drafting nicklebacks and trading up for TE's, that's my thought after 2 drafts.

FYP

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:46 PM
lol anyone with an ounce of positivity on this board has neg rep.

This is the worst I have ever seen it.

Tyson Jackson pick doesn't hold a candle to this as far as dividing the planet.

dirk digler
04-23-2010, 08:47 PM
I think if Moaki stays healthy it is a great pick. Yes we could have gone defense. The problem is when you have so many holes you can't fill them all in one draft. Pioli went heavy defense last year. Hopefully some of last years picks can develop and be ready to contribute more next year.

BULLFUCKINGSHIT. We had 8 picks in the Top 5 rounds and we got 1 FUCKING STARTER when we should have gotten 8. Now we have traded 2 of our picks for an injury prone fucking TE. JFC people wake the fuck up

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Dirk has turned into a drafturbator, welcome son.

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
What the **** is up with the ****ing retarded nOObs sucking off an injury prone TE?

****!

I have to quote myself because of how absurd their argument is.

Chiefaholic
04-23-2010, 08:52 PM
He'll be a great offensive addition if he can stay healthy. When the ball hits his hands, he catches the damn thing...unlike 75% of the receivers on the squad last year.

jspchief
04-23-2010, 08:53 PM
i get it

but after Cottam - whose 'only issue was durability' - was in fact injured consistently you can understand the snark...same for brodie

some guys are injury prone....this sure as hell looks like a text book caseI'm just trying to shed some light on the pick. So far I haven't seen a lot of people say who they wanted in his place other than "a LB" or something to that tune. Moeaki has the ability to immediately make us better at TE. At this stage in the draft, I'm not sure there's a lot of guys that you can say that about.

Chiefaholic
04-23-2010, 08:55 PM
****ing stupid. Why didn't they just keep Tony G? ****ing Pioli is a ****ing pillowbiter idiot

ummm....Because...He would have retired had we kept him?... Keep him one season, we suck slightly less, then he leaves w/o draft compensation.....Hmmm...Yeah

Lanning
dirk digler, you are what's wrong with this world, did your girlfriend just leave you for your little brother?

Just because you don't like a couple of picks doesn't mean their bad, it just means you get to caught up in Kiper's big board and you don't know what the word potential means.

Pioli is a smart man, if he wasn't he wouldn't be a GM.

Have a great day.

-Lanning

warpaint*
To the people that keep posting "if he stays healthy"

Wrist, ankle, elbow, concussions, foot, hamstring.

Missing multiple games each of the past three seasons playing college.

We all know the collisions are harder in the NFL. Please explain why anyone should believe that him staying healthy is anything but highly highly improbable.

I don't mind taking guys like this in the 5th round.

RustShack
04-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Everyones response sums this pick up. Everyone is saying "if he stays healthy" How many times have we heard that? How man times have they stayed healthy and panned out?

notorious
04-23-2010, 08:56 PM
To the people that keep posting "if he stays healthy"

Wrist, ankle, elbow, concussions, foot, hamstring.

Missing multiple games each of the past three seasons playing college.

We all know the collisions are harder in the NFL. Please explain why anyone should believe that him staying healthy is anything but highly highly improbable.

I don't mind taking guys like this in the 5th round.

Thanks for the well thought out response.

Ralphy Boy
04-23-2010, 08:58 PM
You have got to be f-ing kidding me. We traded up? For him?

We could have had Clay Harbor in he 4th and we traded up to get Moeaki.

Mark my words Harbor>Moeaki. By a long shot.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
dirk digler, you are what's wrong with this world, did your girlfriend just leave you for your little brother?

Just because you don't like a couple of picks doesn't mean their bad, it just means you get to caught up in Kiper's big board and you don't know what the word potential means.

Have a great day.

-Lanning

Oh great another one of these guys, "you're whats wrong with the world" and GF smack really?

Go fuck yourself.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 09:00 PM
BULL****INGSHIT. We had 8 picks in the Top 5 rounds and we got 1 ****ING STARTER when we should have gotten 8. Now we have traded 2 of our picks for an injury prone ****ing TE. JFC people wake the **** up

Berry's a starter, McCluster's a starter, and does anyone know if Asamoah is player G or might he play C? Not to mention Tony Moeaki is the best TE on this team. His health is a concern, but don't downplay his talent.

If it weren't for his injury history, he would have been the first TE taken no question, Gresham is not the TE Moeaki is.

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Invest in companies around Kansas City that distribute sports tape and casting.

God knows this guy is going to take a shipment of each per week.

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Berry's a starter, McCluster's a starter, and does anyone know if Asamoah is player G or might he play C?

I agree.

BUT

Dirk is pissed and he has a right to be. We ignored the middle of our Defense.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Everyones response sums this pick up. Everyone is saying "if he stays healthy" How many times have we heard that? How man times have they stayed healthy and panned out?

Cottam's the only guy who comes straight to mind.

Mecca
We were suppose to get 4 starters, instead we got 1 starter and some role players.

dirk digler

Have a great day.

-Lanning

I am normally a calm and nice guy especially to noobs so stfu.

I am pissed because we gave up 2 FUCKING DRAFT picks for an injured TE. Guess what Lanny we already have one of those in Cottam you fucking moron.

Also the last time I checked running the 3-4 requires a NT and fucking LB's. Who are we going to trout out there to play LB this year? Fucking Vrabel and Corey Mays...oh yeah I forgot about DJ who sat the fucking bench all year long.

JFC after Berry we should have been picking NT and LB's but Pioli is too fucking stupid just like he ignored the OL last year he is ignoring the Front 7 this year.

JFC

Frosty
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Maybe Cottam and Moeaki can trade off weeks on the injury report.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 09:04 PM
We were suppose to get 4 starters, instead we got 1 starter and some role players.

How do you figure?

soundmind
04-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Moving up into the third for anything other than a NT solution was a mistake. Period.

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
We got more then 1 starter, lets not get too out of hand.

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Moving up into the third for anything other than a NT solution was a mistake. Period.

Le This.

Mecca
04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Would you like to be nice and say McCluster is a starter?

Asamoah probably won't be starting right away, unless the great Lilja signing wasn't so great.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 09:08 PM
Would you like to be nice and say McCluster is a starter?

Asamoah probably won't be starting right away, unless the great Lilja signing wasn't so great.

...and what if he's our center?

Brock
04-23-2010, 09:08 PM

I am pissed because we gave up 2 FUCKING DRAFT picks for an injured TE. Guess what Lanny we already have one of those in Cottam you fucking moron.

Let's get real, you're basing your opinion of this TE you never heard of before on a blurb you read about him in the draft thread right after the pick.

Chiefaholic
04-23-2010, 09:11 PM

Why take a chance on injury, and trade Jamaal Charles RIGHT NOW while he still had trade value? He's small... And people in the NFL hit hard. I bet we can get that 5th rounder back tomorrow.

What am I forgetting here?... Oh yeah...**** Pioli!!! My dog has a higher IQ than that **** sucking mother ****er. :evil:

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Let's get real, you're basing your opinion of this TE you never heard of before on a blurb you read about him in the draft thread right after the pick.

I have to be honest, that move upset me a little bit.

I hope to God I am wrong, though.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 09:12 PM

How do you feel about the pick Brock?

Personally I think this is the risky type pick guys like Mecca and Dane are always looking for and calling Pioli a coward for not taking. Only difference is that they was HIGH risk, high reward. The risk isn't incredibly high, a 4th and 5th, but the reward could be great.

Maybe they like the Jags pick at #10

WildTurkey
04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Moeaki is a better TE prospect than Cottam IMO...... he's a good reciever when healthy solid all around

Brock
How do you feel about the pick Brock?

Personally I think this is the risky type pick guys like Mecca and Dane are always looking for and calling Pioli a coward for not taking. Only difference is that they was HIGH risk, high reward. The risk isn't incredibly high, a 4th and 5th, but the reward could be great.

Pioli obviously loves the guy and probably knows him inside out through Ferentz. I'm willing to wait until the first preseason game before I start calling him a piece of shit.

JohnnyV13
What is everyone complaining about? Replacing sean ryan was one of our critical needs.

:banghead:

Lanning
Hey dirk, you ever get tired of going of saying "****ING"? You said it 6 times in one comment, be creative every once in a while! geez.

Anyway, is there really a position where we couldn't use an upgrade? Maybe kicker and punter but that's about it. So I have no problem with picking players that can do multiple things (McCluster, Arenas). They were both great college players and who says they can't be solid NFL players? dirk digler?

I had no clue who that TE from iowa is and I still don't know how to say his last name, but for crying out loud! He obviously has talent and potential or he wouldn't have been drafted. Give him a shot before you call for him to be hung!

Frosty
04-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't mind most of the actual players taken. I just don't think they line up with the Chiefs' biggest needs and they negate a lot of picks from last year.

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:18 PM
What is everyone complaining about? Replacing sean ryan was one of our critical needs.

:banghead:

It's trading up to pick an injury prone player that has everybody pissed.

If you were being sarcastic, my response is : Ha, ha.

warpaint*
04-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Multiple concussions coming into the league is the scariest part to me, nevermind the various other gimpy parts of his body.

dirk digler
04-23-2010, 09:19 PM

I watched a few Iowa games this year including IIRC the Orange Bowl where he played pretty well. If he is healthy is a good player but that is his problem he doesn't.

And I sure in hell wouldn't give up our 4th and one of our 5th to move up and get the guy when we have pressing needs in our front 7.

soundmind
04-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Selecting Moeaki was not the issue, he's a quality player that's just had some nagging issues staying on the field. Hopefully those aren't the kinds of things that repeat.

However, trading back into the 3rd for him was unnecessary, and the most glaring need on this team has become underlined, italicized, and highlighted....NOSE TACKLE.

penchief
04-23-2010, 09:24 PM

I am pissed because we gave up 2 ****ING DRAFT picks for an injured TE. JFC

We gave up ONE draft pick, not TWO. We traded two for one. We turned our fourth into a third at the cost of a fifth. If you're going to bitch at least get it right.

Lanning
04-23-2010, 09:30 PM
We gave up ONE draft pick, not TWO. We traded two for one. We turned our fourth into a third at the cost of a fifth. If you're going to bitch at least get it right.

+1, penchief

Just be thankful we have a pro team on KC, unlike Los Angelas ROFL

dirk digler
04-23-2010, 09:34 PM

Good point I was wrong.

Marco Polo
04-23-2010, 09:45 PM
Moeaki is the most complete tight end to ever come from Iowa. He can block, catch, and he has speed. It will be interesting to see what Weis does with him.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
04-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Moeaki is the most complete tight end to ever come from Iowa. He can block, catch, and he has speed. It will be interesting to see what Weis does with him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Once again, can they keep Humpty Dumpty together?

aturnis
04-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Selecting Moeaki was not the issue, he's a quality player that's just had some nagging issues staying on the field. Hopefully those aren't the kinds of things that repeat.

However, trading back into the 3rd for him was unnecessary, and the most glaring need on this team has become underlined, italicized, and highlighted....NOSE TACKLE.

The team has Shaun Smith. They are obviously comfortable with him clogging the middle. Then there has been talk of Dorsey playing NT, my guess is that on 3rd down, he'd come in to get us some penetration up the middle and hopefully push the QB to Hali and Vrabel/Studebaker.

So there's that, and maybe they just weren't too impressed with any of these guys?

TRR
04-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Uh not even close. Dallas Clark was better in EVERY phase of the game than Moeaki was, and I'd argue that Scott Chandler was a better blocker and a better target in the redzone than Moeaki. Moeaki is a decent player when healthy, but I could go on and on about better TE's that have come out of Iowa.
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefs1
04-23-2010, 10:18 PM
This is by far the worst pick of the draft for the Chiefs.

A total POS pick.

An Iowa TE?!?!?!?!?! Holy Shit what a friggin' draft!:cuss:

The Chiefs are now officially the laughingstock of the NFL.ROFL

johnny961
04-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Hi all, noob here. I was okay with our draft until this pick. Moving up and losing picks to draft anybody at any position with injury issues like this is a mistake IMHO. And this kid doesn't just have one or two injuries, he has shown a pattern over his entire college career of being injury prone. I can really see the need for a TE with good hands and good blocking ability, but these skills do no good on the bench. I may be dead wrong here but I think we reached entirely too far here.

notorious
04-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi all, noob here. I was okay with our draft until this pick. Moving up and losing picks to draft anybody at any position with injury issues like this is a mistake IMHO. And this kid doesn't just have one or two injuries, he has shown a pattern over his entire college career of being injury prone. I can really see the need for a TE with good hands and good blocking ability, but these skills do no good on the bench. I may be dead wrong here but I think we reached entirely too far here.

Respect people nOOb and you shall receive respect.

As for your post, I agree.

BWillie
04-23-2010, 10:50 PM
I kinda think it's funny when guys get bent out of shape about the draft. It's all a crap shoot anyway. There is no certainty to it. There are going to be at least 20 guys taken tomorrow that will be in a pro bowl.

I understand if you are upset about Moeaki because of injury concerns, but outside of that, he is a complete TE. I don't know a guy w/ better hands, and he has great athletic ability. Obviously chances of him being anywhere near Tony Gonzalez small, but he's going to start from day one and be a huge upgrade.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 10:51 PM
They gave up their fourth rounder pick and their first fifth round pick this year for Moeaki.

Actually they gave up their LAST 5th rounder. Gave up 144, still have 136 and 142.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 10:51 PM
A total POS pick.

An Iowa TE?!?!?!?!?! Holy Shit what a friggin' draft!:cuss:

The Chiefs are now officially the laughingstock of the NFL.ROFL

So you are saying you know nothing....got it.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
If this is true, I'm happy. Moeaki is an excellent pass catcher and not a bad blocker.

Alas a bit injury prone. But I did like this pick.

RustShack
04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
I kinda think it's funny when guys get bent out of shape about the draft. It's all a crap shoot anyway. There is no certainty to it. There are going to be at least 20 guys taken tomorrow that will be in a pro bowl.

I understand if you are upset about Moeaki because of injury concerns, but outside of that, he is a complete TE. I don't know a guy w/ better hands, and he has great athletic ability. Obviously chances of him being anywhere near Tony Gonzalez small, but he's going to start from day one and be a huge upgrade.

Croyle is a more complete QB than Cassel.

notorious
04-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Croyle is a more complete QB than Cassel.

Until he breaks.

He throws a beautiful ball, though. I wish he could stay healthy.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 11:02 PM

He did say that.

Frankie
04-23-2010, 11:07 PM

-Lanning (Pioli's mom)
FYP

RustShack
04-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Until he breaks.

He throws a beautiful ball, though. I wish he could stay healthy.

Thats my point. I know Moeaki is the best TE on our roster. But, like Croyle who is the best QB on our roster, he can't stay healthy long enough to play.

KChiefs1
04-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Hernandez of Florida & Pita of BYU would have been better picks.

BWillie
04-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Thats my point. I know Moeaki is the best TE on our roster. But, like Croyle who is the best QB on our roster, he can't stay healthy long enough to play.

As sad as it is, I don't know if I believe that Croyle is the best QB on this team. The biggest arm, yeah. But he's looked like shit, just as much as Cassel has. Say what you want about the Patriots system, but Cassel had a good year and didn't have much around him last year. I'll be the first one to bitch if Cassel is still terrible after this year.

KChiefs1
04-23-2010, 11:13 PM
So you are saying you know nothing....got it.

Just call em as I see em...sorry I hurt your Hawkeye heart but you should know better than anyone what a turd Moaki really is huh?

KChiefs1
04-23-2010, 11:16 PM
I know Moeaki is the best TE on our roster.

That's just sad.:(

RustShack
04-23-2010, 11:19 PM

Pioli drafts and misses on TE's every year. Its the Patriot way.

aturnis
04-23-2010, 11:55 PM

How's that? The guy is a baller. He plays the position more like a big WR than a TE. IF he can stay healthy, you WILL be proven wrong. It is an if, but so is Sam Bradford.