PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ***OFFICIAL Calm the Fu#k Down Thread***

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Come on guys and gals we suffered through the last 10 years of King Carl. We haven't won a playoff games since Joe Montana was behind center. I know and feel the years of pain and suffering. There is not a chance in hell that the Pioli era will be worse than what we suffered through these last 10 years of King Carl. We are going to have to show some patience to let the new era unfold.

Yes, the picks surprised us. I would have taken Cody, Tate and a LB over another OG. Jackson last year?:facepalm: But, it would be pretty arrogant of me to think I know more about football than Pioli, Crennel, Weis etc. How can anyone here seriously say I know more about football than that group? Just about every national writer/blogger/TV face love our draft. Why is that?

Pioli will make mistakes. Every GM/Coach does. But, its obvious that Pioli has a plan and what type of player will fit in the "Chiefs" long term plans. It's not going to happen overnight. I think you can win with high charector players. It pissed me off to no end that players on my Chiefs were operating a drug ring. I don't want to read about the players on my team hitting women, getting DWI's and being accused of rape.

I reject the notion that you can't win with high calibur players off the field. Many of those type of players are "nasty" on the field. We just need to relax and enjoy the games th ebest we can. We just have to hope that Pioli knows what he is doing. He's not going anywhere for a long time. What other choice do we have?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2010, 08:56 AM
:clap:

notorious
04-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Calm the Fu#k Down

This.

tomahawk kid
04-24-2010, 08:58 AM
I wish I could BRC, but I just can't.

More often than not, Pioli's move are looking incompetent.

Gross incompetence at that.

Bane
04-24-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm not super pissed just a little disappointed that we didn't get better D help in rnd 2.Really the more I look at Moeaki,the more I like him,but I still don't think we should have traded up to take him.Guess we'll see how it all comes together.
:edit: I do like the Asamoah pick big time.

the Talking Can
04-24-2010, 09:00 AM
But, it would be pretty arrogant of me to think I know more about football than Pioli, Crennel, Weis etc. How can anyone here seriously say I know more about football than that group?

we can't criticize movies because we aren't directors
we can't criticize meals because we aren't chefs
we can't criticize books because we aren't authors
etc.

and we can't criticize draft picks because we aren't GMs....

i don't want to see anyone on this board criticizing anything...none of you are experts, none of you have the right..

burt
04-24-2010, 09:01 AM
For some reason......as a fan, I don't believe that I know more than the coaching staff and front office. God help them if they ever try to sell cars against ME! But I have to assume they have more working knowledge about drafting and football in general than I do. I will wait and see with polite excitement.

chiefs1111
This is Chiefs Planet,we don't know the meaning of the word calm.

dirk digler
I am almost to the point I long for the days of Carl again. At least Carl would recognize an obvious need and try to fix (usually with the wrong player) but at least he tried.

This motherfucker just ignores our obvious needs to get role players. Last year it was the OL he ignored and now it is the front 7 on D.

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 09:04 AM
I wish I could BRC, but I just can't.

More often than not, Pioli's move are looking incompetent.

Gross incompetence at that.I'm not saying don't question/critize the picks hell I was yelling at the screen Mccluster who? WTF :banghead:

Pioli has a long way to go to achieve King Carl incomptenance. We are only one year into the Pioli era. It can't be a success or failure yet.

Bane
04-24-2010, 09:04 AM
I am almost to the point I long for the days of Carl again. At least Carl would recognize an obvious need and try to fix (usually with the wrong player) but at least he tried.

This mother****er just ignores our obvious needs to get role players. Last year it was the OL he ignored and now it is the front 7 on D.

Shit!Marty was the only thing that kept Carl from being a total dumbass.Look at the stupid shit Carl pulled after Marty left.

KCUnited
04-24-2010, 09:05 AM
When Stephen Hawking rips off 175+ on the ground on us, I'll at least take some satisfaction that we may have at least a couple NFL Man of the Year candidates to fall back on.

tomahawk kid
04-24-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm not saying don't question/critize the picks hell I was yelling at the screen Mccluster who? WTF :banghead:

Pioli has a long way to go to achieve King Carl incomptenance. We are only one year into the Pioli era. It can't be a success or failure yet.

But - it sure ain't looking good so far.

I'm on the verge of turning in my fan card (and season tickets), and I'm not alone in that regard.

My fear is we've traded incompetence for incompetence and I'm not prepared to go through another 5 years of this BS.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2010, 09:07 AM
How can anyone here seriously say I know more about football than that group?

This x1000.

Love watching the board 'experts' bitch and complain. Loyalty to the team fuels the fire of emotions they feel...but in the end what are they using to judge these players...media lit and gameday film? Are they meeting one-on-one with these players? Are they watching and evaluating the private workouts?

Just love how all the little girls here cry because they feel their youtube-based background on players is superior to our front office...it truly is comical at times.

Let the front office due their job and go back to critiquing youtube clips...

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Shit!Marty was the only thing that kept Carl from being a total dumbass.Look at the stupid shit Carl pulled after Marty left.

At this point the Carl of the last 10 years is equal to Pioli.

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 09:08 AM
etc.

i don't want to see anyone on this board criticizing anything...none of you are experts, none of you have the right..Criticize is fine and dandy. Yell and scream at not picking a need instead of a "type" of player you want is fair game. But its not the end of the world meltdowns that I see in almost every thread about the draft on here.

notorious
When Stephen Hawking rips off 175+ on the ground on us, I'll at least take some satisfaction that we may have at least a couple NFL Man of the Year candidates to fall back on.

We might draft his equal in M. Rolle in the upcoming rounds to cancel out the dominate force of Hawking.

TEX
Not gonna "Calm the FU#K Down" about round 2 because the list is far too long as to all the other times we were right when asked to do the same thing. Just look back to last year round 1 for a start. So while true that round 2 was not the "end of the world" it was a stupid fu#king waste of a round.

Baconeater
04-24-2010, 09:09 AM
http://www.prepresspilgrim.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/simpsons_angry_mob2.png

Mr_Tomahawk
04-24-2010, 09:09 AM

Going off of 1 season and jumping and evaluating this draft before the players even sign a contract?

Baconeater
04-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Going off of 1 season and jumping and evaluating this draft before the players even sign a contract?
What the hell, none of them are signed yet? WHAT THE FUCK PIOLI???

Bane
04-24-2010, 09:11 AM

Look back at our drafts in the "Marty ball era" and look at it after............yeah it's sick......:banghead:

Pisoli isn't close to that kind of fukktard suckage yet.........

BigRedChief
When Stephen Hawking rips off 175+ on the ground on us, I'll at least take some satisfaction that we may have at least a couple NFL Man of the Year candidates to fall back on.As I said I reject the notion that you can't be a man of the year candidate and be "nasty" on the field. You can just look at Will Shields as a shining example of how thats possible.

bsp4444
Neglected the O-line last year in an o-line heavy draft, neglected the defensive front seven this year, when there was abundant talent. Maybe the players he's selected will help, but he's certainly not left any margin for error.

Bane
04-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Neglected the O-line last year in an o-line heavy draft, neglected the defensive front seven this year, when there was abundant talent. Maybe the players he's selected will help, but he's certainly not left any margin for error.

This was his "make up for fukkn up on Cassel" draft.This may as well be labeled the Matt Cassel draft.

TEX
04-24-2010, 09:14 AM

You're exactly right. The ignoring of obvious weaknesses on a consistent basis is what bothers me.

milkman
04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
****Official fuck off post****

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Look back at our drafts in the "Marty ball era" and look at it after............yeah it's sick......:banghead:

Pisoli isn't close to that kind of fukktard suckage yet.........

I hated Carl and I know he sucks but at this point I am not seeing any improvement from the new guy.

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Not gonna "Calm the FU#K Down" about round 2 because the list is far too long as to all the other times we were right when asked to do the same thing. Just look back to last year round 1 for a start. So while true that round 2 was not the "end of the world" it was a stupid fu#king waste of a round.As I've said I think we should have picked different players and its obvious this is Pioli driving this and his vision of having players of high charector.

I agree the 2nd round looks bad right now at this moment. But in 2-3 years we will see if it was bad. If those two start making plays like Cribbs, Dante and Walker we will be high 5ing each other.

notorious
04-24-2010, 09:16 AM
What the hell, none of them are signed yet? WHAT THE **** PIOLI???

That should have been done before they were even drafted.

Our front office is dragging their feet :(

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 09:17 AM
You're exactly right. The ignoring of obvious weaknesses on a consistent basis is what bothers me.Concerns the hell outta of me too.

The Bad Guy
04-24-2010, 09:18 AM
What's frightening to me is that people are acting the same as last year when we took a shitbag 3rd overall compared to possibly the best player in the draft at 5 this year.

Bane
I hated Carl and I know he sucks but at this point I am not seeing any improvement from the new guy.

I think maybe we/some of us expected a miracle out of Pisoli.Slowly I think we are all starting to see BB played a bigger role in NE's run than anyone really knew.Fukk it I waited for 20 years with Carl,I can wait 5 or so for Pisoli to figure it out.He's definitely putting a good coaching staff together IMO,and surely his draft skill have to improve.

MahiMike
Come on guys and gals we suffered through the last 10 years of King Carl. We haven't won a playoff games since Joe Montana was behind center. I know and feel the years of pain and suffering. There is not a chance in hell that the Pioli era will be worse than what we suffered through these last 10 years of King Carl. We are going to have to show some patience to let the new era unfold.

Yes, the picks surprised us. I would have taken Cody, Tate and a LB over another OG. Jackson last year?:facepalm: But, it would be pretty arrogant of me to think I know more about football than Pioli, Crennel, Weis etc. How can anyone here seriously say I know more about football than that group? Just about every national writer/blogger/TV face love our draft. Why is that?

Pioli will make mistakes. Every GM/Coach does. But, its obvious that Pioli has a plan and what type of player will fit in the "Chiefs" long term plans. It's not going to happen overnight. I think you can win with high charector players. It pissed me off to no end that players on my Chiefs were operating a drug ring. I don't want to read about the players on my team hitting women, getting DWI's and being accused of rape.

I reject the notion that you can't win with high calibur players off the field. Many of those type of players are "nasty" on the field. We just need to relax and enjoy the games th ebest we can. We just have to hope that Pioli knows what he is doing. He's not going anywhere for a long time. What other choice do we have?

:toast:

notorious
What's frightening to me is that people are acting the same as last year when we took a shitbag 3rd overall compared to possibly the best player in the draft at 5 this year.

It's rationalization on both sides of the battleline. Human Nature.

Baconeater
Man, it sure would be nice if the work I did today couldn't be evaluated for 2-3 years.

Gonzo
04-24-2010, 09:20 AM
One glaring fact still remains, we won't know how good or bad this draft was until November.
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX

We fixed last years round 1 mistake this year. However, we made up for it in round 2. Just no excuse to pick sole players when so much core talent is lacking. Sorry.

SenselessChiefsFan

Last year, I agree. This year, I disagree. Linebacker was our biggest need and, IMO, it was the thinnest position in the draft. Other than maybe QB.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 09:21 AM
I think maybe we/some of us expected a miracle out of Pisoli.Slowly I think we are all starting to see BB played a bigger role in NE's run than anyone really knew.Fukk it I waited for 20 years with Carl,I can wait 5 or so for Pisoli to figure it out.He's definitely putting a good coaching staff together IMO,and surely his draft skill have to improve.

I would think a 3 time NFL exec of the year shouldn't have to improve his draft skills. But that is just me.

KCUnited
04-24-2010, 09:21 AM
If they are concerned about making one player/pick look good it should be Tyson Jackson with a NT and an OLB.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Man, it sure would be nice if the work I did today couldn't be evaluated for 2-3 years.

I wish I got paid millions of dollars to do my job where it would be evaluated 2-3 years from now.

Bane
04-24-2010, 09:24 AM
I would think a 3 time NFL exec of the year shouldn't have to improve his draft skills. But that is just me.

I hear ya,and I agree,but this team was SHIT when he took over.I don't like some of the picks mainly cause it seems to be trying so hard to "fix" Cassel,but maybe he will swallow his pride soon and move on.

jAZ
04-24-2010, 09:24 AM

:clap:

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 09:25 AM
I would think a 3 time NFL exec of the year shouldn't have to improve his draft skills. But that is just me.I agree. I was also expecting better from Pioli. But he's only got 1 year in the job. Failure or success is still to be determined.

TEX
04-24-2010, 09:26 AM

I would. Two words - Tyson Jackson.
That was then - this is now. Totlly different setting and environment.
I usually agree with you - just not this time.

Bane
04-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Rest assured I will remember all the QB's we passed on over the last 2 drafts,and probably next year as well,and be right here bitching and griping if they turn out to be great while we wasted all this time and effort on our "rookie" QB cassel.

Marcellus
04-24-2010, 09:27 AM
While we still need some LB help and D-line help I haven't seen one pick that was a bust waiting to happen.

Then there is the fact that the off season is not over so they could still help address DL and LB via trade or signings.

boogblaster
Well it's plain to see the front office drafted O to help Cassel ... Plus a couple Ds that should help ... but with no NT and LB help our 3-4 isn't going to shine ...

Marcellus
I wish I got paid millions of dollars to do my job where it would be evaluated 2-3 years from now.

So you are saying you can tell right now how good these players will be?

philfree
04-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Everybody wanted to lose those games the last few years so the Chiefs could be built the "right" way. Funny how alot of those folks don't have the guts for it. Well I guess they forgot that they don't get to determine what the "right" way is. LOL We got ten year starters at two positions so far and that doesn't suck. What a bunch of whine guts!

PhilFree:arrow:

mcaj22
04-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I can't wait to see in a couple years how the players we had a shot at taking in the second round are doing in the NFL compared to the guys we did actually take. It will certainly be interesting.

I like the players we took, I just don't like how high we reached for them.

TEX
04-24-2010, 09:32 AM
So you are saying you can tell right now how good these players will be?

No he is saying that he wishes he got the same benefit of the doubt (and $$) at his job. I'in that crowd too. Shoot, we all would be...

crossbow
04-24-2010, 09:33 AM
There is still some outstanding defensive talent that could be taken. Some good defensive ends are still there and LeFevour is till sitting there.

Baconeater
04-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Everybody wanted to lose those games the last few years so the Chiefs could be built the "right" way. Funny how alot of those folks don't have the guts for it. Well I guess they forgot that they don't get to determine what the "right" way is. LOL We got ten year starters at two positions so far and that doesn't suck. What a bunch of whine guts!

Whoaaaa cowboy...easy with the 'everybody' statement.

TEX
04-24-2010, 09:36 AM

I hear ya and AGREE with you on the Safety and Guard. But I sure would have liked to possibly get a defensive front 7 player or two in round 2 so we might have gotten many years out of 4 starters.

SNR
04-24-2010, 09:36 AM
It's not even about passing on players we want/need and taking players we don't need/don't want.

Pioli's draft has shown a hard-headed attitude. He chooses to build his team around Matt Cassel, a 28-year old QB who will never be good enough to make the players around him better. His good-ol'-boy network is filled with castoffs and rejects from past failed team projects. If the player didn't sniff a fart from either Bill Parcells, Bill Bellichick, or Todd Haley, then they are obviously not worth the time.

He's chosen to prop up this mediocre QB and ignore the front 7. He doesn't know jack shit about building a defense. Eric Berry is an amazing talent, but this is going to be a rough first year for him without a halfway decent NT and at least one or two LBs who can actually fill the gaps and tackle well. And let's not even get into the lack of a pass-rusher this team faces.

So we suck eggs this year. We pick in the top 10 again next year. Are we finally going to take a QB this time? Something tells me no, we're not.

Bane
04-24-2010, 09:37 AM

I've never wanted the Chiefs to EVER lose a game.You can build the right way without losing 10+ games a year.

whoman69
04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Idiotic. Everyone makes mistakes, even professionals. So because we are not front office personnel in the NFL we can make no comment. The ultimate stupid statement. So next time Bellicheck goes for it on 4th and 2 from his 29 we can't say anything. Nobody can comment on the ineptitude that was the Detroit Lions under Matt Millen. We should never have said anything about Carl Pederson and his record with 2nd round picks or the abortion of a defense under Greg Robinson.

WTF are we doing here if we can only clap along with the picks?

mcaj22
04-24-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't know how some of us as fans of the Chiefs and being viewers of college football and the NFL are making the mistakes? Half the guys people around here wanted us to take in terms of potential talent are being taken by WINNING NFL franchises. So it's not like people are just naming guys for the sake of being an elitist. There are clearly players viewed by NFL teams that also see what the users on here see, so this whole argument about "we are not a GM, we know nothing" is pretty moot, especially when you see teams like the Ravens, Colts, Pats, whoever take guys people wish we would have taken.

Fairplay
04-24-2010, 09:43 AM
This clip fits perfectly in this thread..........
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ilGGP9BDZs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ilGGP9BDZs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Bane
04-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Don't call me Shirley.

jAZ
04-24-2010, 09:46 AM

That's what this board does well. Get pissed without being able to admit that our instincts aren't nearly as informed as a highly paid staff of football professionals with a big-picture plan and a shit-ton more information.

I used to like draft day because it offers hope for the future each year. But ChiefsPlanet's, despite the great collection of links and information, really destroys that positive vibe. Not because everyone is down, but more because so many obviously superficially knowledgeable (at best) people get are intent on bringing EVERYONE down because their inflated egos weren't satisfied by an alternate set of choices made by Pioli, etc.

I don't know WTF I'm talking about, and if everyone who posted on here started with that as a premise this place would be a lot better during draft.

crossbow
04-24-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't know how some of us as fans of the Chiefs and being viewers of college football and the NFL are making the mistakes? Half the guys people around here wanted us to take in terms of potential talent are being taken by WINNING NFL franchises. So it's not like people are just naming guys for the sake of being an elitist. There are clearly players viewed by NFL teams that also see what the users on here see, so this whole argument about "we are not a GM, we know nothing" is pretty moot, especially when you see teams like the Ravens, Colts, Pats, whoever take guys people wish we would have taken.

But but but.. isn't this is what being a Chiefs fan is all about? I mean you get your hopes up with a fantastic 1st round pick only to get crushed in rounds 2 and 3. Aren't we all used to dashed hopes by now?

philfree
04-24-2010, 09:52 AM
I hear ya and AGREE with you on the Safety and Guard. But I sure would have liked to possibly get a defensive front 7 player or two in round 2 so we might have gotten many years out of 4 starters.

Yeah I feel the same way about the front 7 but ti didn't work out that way.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 09:56 AM
That's what this board does well. Get pissed without being able to admit that our instincts aren't nearly as informed as a highly paid staff of football professionals with a big-picture plan and a shit-ton more information.

I used to like draft day because it offers hope for the future each year. But ChiefsPlanet's, despite the great collection of links and information, really destroys that positive vibe. Not because everyone is down, but more because so many obviously superficially knowledgeable (at best) people get are intent on bringing EVERYONE down because their inflated egos weren't satisfied by an alternate set of choices made by Pioli, etc.

I don't know WTF I'm talking about, and if everyone who posted on here started with that as a premise this place would be a lot better during draft.

You don't have to be a genius to realize last year one of the strengths of the draft was O-line and the major weakness of the team was O-line and we ignored it.

This year the strength of the draft is D especially D tackles and yet we ignored our front 7 which is probably one of the worst units in the NFL.

It really isn't that complicated.

Short Leash Hootie
04-24-2010, 09:56 AM

I made a post in Hamas' "I MOTHER FUCKING LOVE YOU SCOTT PIOLI!" thread about day 2 and it was spot on...

I knew it wouldn't last...

Those guys spend months cherrypicking and building their own draft boards (lol) and if Scott Pioli doesn't draft by their boards, they go ballistic...

They don't understand that just because players fall on Mel Kiper's big board doesn't mean jack shit...

Scott Pioli hasn't reached for anyone...they are drafting by their board that they spent a lot of time and effort putting together...those assholes honestly think they know more about building a team than Scott Pioli...

It's amazingly to me. Legitimately amazing.

burt
04-24-2010, 09:59 AM
I guess it sucks that I am not a genious....... And don't pretend that I know more than professional Coaches.......

Ralphy Boy
04-24-2010, 10:00 AM
This x1000.

Love watching the board 'experts' bitch and complain. Loyalty to the team fuels the fire of emotions they feel...but in the end what are they using to judge these players...media lit and gameday film? Are they meeting one-on-one with these players? Are they watching and evaluating the private workouts?

Just love how all the little girls here cry because they feel their youtube-based background on players is superior to our front office...it truly is comical at times.

No dumbass that isn't how most people form an opinion on players. Some people actually watch college football.

On a side note;
I just love how some idiots think that Pioli is a great GM just because he was fortunate enough to trip over Tom Brady on his way to get Belichick coffee during the 7th round of the 2000 draft.

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 10:02 AM
This year the strength of the draft is D especially D tackles and yet we ignored our front 7 which is probably one of the worst units in the NFL.

It really isn't that complicated.

Dude, did it EVER ****ing occur to you that maybe the Chiefs didn't like what was available? Cody? Puhhlleeze! He's an oversized slob with marginal talent at best. Instead, the Chiefs drafted a player with special playmaking abilities that will rock your every Sunday experience. Instead, you have to whine on and on about how we missed out on fat slobs that will never amount to much in the NFL. They'll play the first down or two, and then they'll be tired before half-time and want to quit. If that's the type of player you want on our team, then may you forever be happy.

Ralphy Boy
04-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Scott Pioli hasn't reached for anyone...they are drafting by their board that they spent a lot of time and effort putting together...those assholes honestly think they know more about building a team than Scott Pioli...

It's amazingly to me. Legitimately amazing.

It's amazing is it? Was it amazing last year when Pioli locked out the scouting staff and showed up to the war room in KC with a freaking copy of Sporting News' draft magazine and some notes scratched out on a couple dozen napkins leading us to land the stud that is Tyson Jackson?

Baconeater
04-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Dude, did it EVER ****ing occur to you that maybe the Chiefs didn't like what was available? Cody? Puhhlleeze! He's an oversized slob with marginal talent at best. Instead, the Chiefs drafted a player with special playmaking abilities that will rock your every Sunday experience. Instead, you have to whine on and on about how we missed out on fat slobs that will never amount to much in the NFL. They'll play the first down or two, and then they'll be tired before half-time and want to quit. If that's the type of player you want on our team, then may you forever be happy.
If finding a decent NT is that difficult then switching to the 3-4 was a monumentally retarded decision.

Bane
04-24-2010, 10:05 AM

I for one am so very happy we didn't draft Jamarcus Cody.....Just sayn...:rockon:

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Scott Pioli hasn't reached for anyone...they are drafting by their board that they spent a lot of time and effort putting together.

We know he's drafting by his board as opposed to reaching? How?

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 10:08 AM
If finding a decent NT is that difficult then switching to the 3-4 was a monumentally retarded decision.

Every single year, teams continue to draft NT after NT after NT. And year after year after year, these fat slobs fail to live up to their expectations.

While McCluster is racing around the field making these fat slobs fall over like drunken sailors, I'll be jumping up and down in joy while some the self-nominated GMs on here continue to whine that we didn't waste another pick on a fat slob.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 10:08 AM

Ravens: Kindle and Cody

Chiefs: McCluster and Areanas

So now you see why the Ravens will be dominant on D and while we trout out Ron Edwards, Mike Vrabel, and Cory Mays.

So tell me again how did we improve our 31st ranked rushing D?

Coach
04-24-2010, 10:09 AM

So now you see why the Ravens will be dominant on D and while we trout out Ron Edwards, Mike Vrabel, and Cory Mays.

On the other hand, New England did draft two TE's so far....

CaliforniaChief
04-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Only time will tell, IMHO.

I don't know a lot about McCluster, other than what I've seen on a few videos. It looks like he's got decent hands. My hope is that Charlie Weis can put together some looks that will maximize his quickness.

My main hope for Arenas is that we will never have to watch Leggett again.

Asamoah seems to be a great value with a very good future on the line.

Moeaki will be fine. And he adds a lot of value on the line as a blocker.

I certainly didn't have any of those guys on my board, and am still concerned about the front 7. We'll see if we acquire anyone between now and camp to help out.

TEX
04-24-2010, 10:11 AM
You don't have to be a genius to realize last year one of the strengths of the draft was O-line and the major weakness of the team was O-line and we ignored it.

It really isn't that complicated..

Yep. Just like to add that last year we even brought in a "Franchise QB" and still ignored the OL. This year we ignored the front 7 when it could have helped last year's reach DE and this year's prize rookie. WTF?

TEX
04-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Only time will tell, IMHO.

I don't know a lot about McCluster, other than what I've seen on a few videos. It looks like he's got decent hands. My hope is that Charlie Weis can put together some looks that will maximize his quickness.

My main hope for Arenas is that we will never have to watch Leggett again.

Asamoah seems to be a great value with a very good future on the line.

Moeaki will be fine. And he adds a lot of value on the line as a blocker.

I certainly didn't have any of those guys on my board, and am still concerned about the front 7. We'll see if we acquire anyone between now and camp to help out.

Can an often injured undersized TE really be counted on to block? I like the kid too, but am not counting on him.

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 10:12 AM

Kindle = Serious knee issues that will limit his career. That is why he fell and smart teams passed on him.

Cody = Fat over-rated slob.

Baconeater
04-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Every single year, teams continue to draft NT after NT after NT. And year after year after year, these fat slobs fail to live up to their expectations.

While McCluster is racing around the field making these fat slobs fall over like drunken sailors, I'll be jumping up and down in joy while some the self-nominated GMs on here continue to whine that we didn't waste another pick on a fat slob.
You totally missed my point. I'm not saying we should have picked fat slob A, B, or C, I'm saying if it's that hard of a position to fill we had no business making the switch. That's on Pioli.

TEX
04-24-2010, 10:14 AM

NOW YOU'RE TALKING! It gets more unbelievable when I see it in print.

Fat Elvis
04-24-2010, 10:15 AM

I think you should always strive for improvement and perfection no matter how many accolades are heaped upon you. If you don't keep improving, the competition will--and then they will soon stomp you into the ground.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 10:15 AM

Yep. Just like to add that last year we even brought in a "Franchise QB" and still ignored the OL. This year we ignored the front 7 when it could have helped last year's reach DE and this year's prize rookie. WTF?

It doesn't make any sense unless the only conclusion is this guy is incompetent.

BossChief
04-24-2010, 10:17 AM
I hate to say it, but...

Most of us were just a little pissed that we passed on a franchise quarterback that we were told we were interested in trading up for if he fell, then we passed on him in the second round.

For me, it was a HUGE letdown.

It originally clouded my opinion of the actual pick that was made, but the pick is growing on me.

I am already over Clausen.

dirk digler
Kindle = Serious knee issues that will limit his career. That is why he fell and smart teams passed on him.

So Cosmic how did we improve our 31st ranked rushing D?

Are we solely going to rely on Romeo to magically transform our front 7?

CosmicPal
You totally missed my point. I'm not saying we should have picked fat slob A, B, or C, I'm saying if it's that hard of a position to fill we had no business making the switch. That's on Pioli.

I agree 100%. You don't make the switch until you have that NT in the middle to build the 3-4 around.

RJ
04-24-2010, 10:18 AM
But, it would be pretty arrogant of me to think I know more about football than Pioli, Crennel, Weis etc. How can anyone here seriously say I know more about football than that group?

Hey, remember when we used to say that about Carl and Herm and DV and Gun?

Coach
04-24-2010, 10:19 AM
NOW YOU'RE TALKING! It gets more unbelievable when I see it in print.

So, you'd be content with picking Kindle, a guy who had microfracture surgery on the 2nd round?

Okay....

And Cody, while he has some talent, he does have some major issues in keeping his weight under control. The last time the guy that had major issues and shitty attitude was Ryan Sims.

Remember him?

Ryan Fucking Sims.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Chiefs/Chiefs%20Smack%20or%20Hate/Ryan-Sims.jpg

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 10:19 AM

Yeah, overrated.

Just like that day when Jerome Jim Brown Harrison ran all over us.

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey, remember when we used to say that about Carl and Herm and DV and Gun?wellll we can only hope this turns out better.:)

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 10:21 AM

:facepalm:

Well, for starters you don't pick someone with a serious, career-shortening knee issue and a fat slob who will only be on the field 25 % of the time.

Coach
04-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Well, I see having Romeo over Clancy is a upgrade. That's a start. I'm thinking that the Chiefs will be skimming on the June 1st cuts. I'm sure there'll be somebody that will get sliced becuase of their roster bonus or something like that.

FD
04-24-2010, 10:22 AM

You know we drafted a stud defender 5th overall right? Have you forgotten? Our d-line is anchored by very young guys who will get a lot better, and we signed a stopgap NT Shaun Smith probably because we didn't like any of the NT's in this draft. Its deep on LB's and the thing isn't over with. Like the thread title says, everybody calm the fuck down.

KCUnited
04-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Arrowhead will be known as The Shire.

RJ
04-24-2010, 10:24 AM

I agree about Cody. I think Kindle would have been worth the risk. I'd feel a lot better about that 2nd round if it had gone Kindle/McCluster than McCluster/Arenas. I guess they really loved McCluster and maybe he'd have been gone if they hadn't taken him 2A. I just fail to see how a slot receiver helps the team more than a playmaking defender. And a 5'9" DB with a slow 40 time doesn't fill me with hope.

Having said that, I can't wait to see what they do and I wish the season started tomorrow.

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, overrated.

Just like that day when Jerome Jim Brown Harrison ran all over us.

And I suppose you think that drafting another Ryan Sims would help all that?

Instead, we just drafted ourselves another Jerome Harrison to get 250 yards every time we meet the Donks, the Raiders, and Chargers.

Coach
04-24-2010, 10:27 AM
I agree about Cody. I think Kindle would have been worth the risk. I'd feel a lot better about that 2nd round if it had gone Kindle/McCluster than McCluster/Arenas. I guess they really loved McCluster and maybe he'd have been gone if they hadn't taken him 2A. I just fail to see how a slot receiver helps the team more than a playmaking defender. And a 5'9" DB with a slow 40 time doesn't fill me with hope.

Having said that, I can't wait to see what they do and I wish the season started tomorrow.

So.... a 4.53 is considered "slow"?

Gotcha.

RJ
04-24-2010, 10:27 AM
wellll we can only hope this turns out better.:)

We still have hope and they can't take that away from us.

Can they?

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 10:29 AM

I agree. I too felt that Kindle would be worth the risk, but this IS the NFL and I think a lot of teams didn't want to pay this guy scores of money only to have his knee give out a couple of years later and his career is over.

I hope he goes on to have a long and exciting career, but a lot of teams were reluctant to give him that chance- not because he didn't have the ability to shine, but because it would cost too much if he lost that ability to play.

DeezNutz
And I suppose you think that drafting another Ryan Sims would help all that?

Instead, we just drafted ourselves another Jerome Harrison to get 250 yards every time we meet the Donks, the Raiders, and Chargers.

Another Sims? How about doing something novel, like selecting a viable, productive DT?

RJ
So.... a 4.53 is considered "slow"?

Gotcha.

If he was bigger I'd feel better about the speed. If he was faster I'd feel better about the size. We'll see.

Coach
04-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Another Sims? How about doing something novel, like selecting a viable, productive DT?

Which is why I, myself, doubted that Cody could, becuase of his work-ethic.

While he is a large man, and a very talented/athletic man, he does have the tendency to be overweight when it's the off-season.

And imagine if he did come to KC at 370 pounds. Haley would blow a gasket.

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 10:31 AM
If he was bigger I'd feel better about the speed. If he was faster I'd feel better about the size. We'll see.

...and if he was better, I'd feel better about the suck.

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Which is why I, myself, doubted that Cody could, becuase of his work-ethic.

While he is a large man, and a very talented/athletic man, he does have the tendency to be overweight when it's the off-season.

I could care less what Haley thinks. He won't be the coach here in a couple of years, anyway.

Perhaps Pioli will upgrade from Herm in year 3.

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 10:34 AM

Precisely- the workout load that Haley would have forced on him would have caused his arteries to explode. Boy, wouldn't that be a mess to clean up.

Coach
04-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Well, I'm not too concerned about him, becuase the Chiefs are not asking him to cover the other team's number 1.

They're just simply asking him to play some type of a zone in the middle of the field as a nickel back, with a little man-to-man in between.

But then, they may use him on blitzing downs, as this guy was pretty productive blitzer.

Hell, Brandon Flowers is 5-9. Arenas is 5-8⅝. Not much of a dropoff in terms of height.

Coach
04-24-2010, 10:37 AM
I could care less what Haley thinks. He won't be the coach here in a couple of years, anyway.

Perhaps Pioli will upgrade from Herm in year 3.

Eh, we'll see. I don't think this season will be the make-or-break for Haley, but if the Chiefs continue to show some improvement from a 4-12 to a 6-10 or better, then I think Haley will feel the pressure of having to deliever a playoff or he may get axed in his 3rd year.

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Eh, we'll see. I don't think this season will be the make-or-break for Haley, but if the Chiefs continue to show some improvement from a 4-12 to a 6-10 or better, then I think Haley will feel the pressure of having to deliever a playoff or he may get axed in his 3rd year.

I agree.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 10:40 AM

With the schedule the way it is there is no reason this team can't be 8-8 at the minimum. Clark even said he is expecting to be competing for a playoff spot this year.
6-10 ain't going to cut it.

CosmicPal
04-24-2010, 10:41 AM
With the schedule the way it is there is no reason this team can't be 8-8 at the minimum. Clark even said he is expecting to be competing for a playoff spot this year.

Well, with the way the Donks are drafting this year, we won't have to worry about them. :D

Coach
04-24-2010, 10:41 AM

Yeah, and you have a good point. However, we aren't just factoring in possible injuries, freak plays, WTF plays, occasional losing a game where they should have won, and winning a game, where they were expected to get blown the shit out of.

whoman69
04-24-2010, 10:42 AM

So if we don't get there does Pioli fire Haley or does Hunt fire Pioli?

Der Flöprer
04-24-2010, 10:43 AM
I hate to say it, but...

Most of us were just a little pissed that we passed on a franchise quarterback that we were told we were interested in trading up for if he fell, then we passed on him in the second round.

For me, it was a HUGE letdown.

It originally clouded my opinion of the actual pick that was made, but the pick is growing on me.

I am already over Clausen.

That was a big reason I was soooooooo fucking pissed yesterday. All the god damned reports that we were going to take him just to pass. It's no secret I don't like Cassel.

I also have moved on. I trust there's a reason I am well unaware of on why Jimmy didn't go until 48.

Time to move forward.

dirk digler
04-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Well, with the way the Donks are drafting this year, we won't have to worry about them. :D

At least that is a positive. :D

Yeah, and you have a good point. However, we aren't just factoring in possible injuries, freak plays, WTF plays, occasional losing a game where they should have won, and winning a game, where they were expected to get blown the shit out of.

True but it should all even out. I don't see any reason why we can't be 5-3 at home this year.

So if we don't get there does Pioli fire Haley or does Hunt fire Pioli?

I think Haley goes first especially if there is a lockout

mlyonsd
04-24-2010, 10:47 AM

This mother****er just ignores our obvious needs to get role players. Last year it was the OL he ignored and now it is the front 7 on D.

Wow. Just, wow.

dtrain
04-24-2010, 10:51 AM
This x1000.

They cry becasue the player they wanted wasn't drafted!

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 10:52 AM

I agree that it won't be acceptable, dirk, but I don't think it would necessarily be enough for Haley to lose his job.

JD10367
04-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I was at a sportsbar with Patriots fans watching the draft. When I saw the Chiefs pick a little running back (McCluster) in round 2 instead of Clausen or McCoy, I thought, "Oh, shit, there goes the server." LMAO

|Zach|
04-24-2010, 11:17 AM
etc.

i don't want to see anyone on this board criticizing anything...none of you are experts, none of you have the right..

It isn't about not being a GM or an expert. It is about some acting like they know all the variables involved in the situation.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2010, 11:18 AM
we teams still run for 2000 yards every game against us nobody is gonna "calm the fuck down"

shitty nose tackle ... check
shitty LB's ... check

Eric Berry is gonna be roadkill back there he's gonna be making so many tackles

Pioli can lick my anus

whoman69
04-24-2010, 11:27 AM
It isn't about not being a GM or an expert. It is about some acting like they know all the variables involved in the situation.

If that's the case then again nobody can comment. You can't make a statement under those terms good or bad. If those are critical need to STFU then those who are backing the decisions need to do the same.

I will back a pick when I think its a good pick. I will also pan it when I think its bad. I think there are some who will complain about our pick no matter what. I also think there are those who will back each pick no matter what. I didn't give CP a free pass for making stupid picks. I'm not going to give Pioli a free run either.

|Zach|
04-24-2010, 11:28 AM
If that's the case then again nobody can comment. You can't make a statement under those terms good or bad. If those are critical need to STFU then those who are backing the decisions need to do the same.

I will back a pick when I think its a good pick. I will also pan it when I think its bad. I think there are some who will complain about our pick no matter what. I also think there are those who will back each pick no matter what. I didn't give CP a free pass for making stupid picks. I'm not going to give Pioli a free run either.
Nobody is telling anyone not to comment.

Tactical Funky
04-24-2010, 11:33 AM
This place is Kneejerk Central. It's both hilarious and sad watching so many people melt down over draft picks when no one can be certain if they're going to work out either way ("bust" vs. a sure thing, etc.). Some patience is required, even if we're all burnt out and disenfranchised from the Carl Peterson era.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2010, 11:35 AM
This place is Kneejerk Central. It's both hilarious and sad watching so many people melt down over draft picks when no one can be certain if they're going to work out either way ("bust" vs. a sure thing, etc.). Some patience is required, even if we're all burnt out and disenfranchised from the Carl Peterson era.
is it too much to ask for us to address our run defense?

nose tackle - suck
ILB - suck

yea, i'm just being knee jerk and unreasonable

there were options available for us and we didn't select them

DeezNutz
04-24-2010, 11:38 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0912/all-decade.nfl.memorable.performances/images/jerome-harrison.jpg

|Zach|

There is a reason for everything.

BigChiefFan

nose tackle - suck
ILB - suck

Exactly. It's not rocket science.

|Zach|
04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Exactly. It's not rocket science.

It isn't a science at all.

Tactical Funky
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM

nose tackle - suck
ILB - suck

Maybe we're going to fill those needs via other means or even shuffle a few current players around. I like the playmakers we've chosen and our first four picks are good, IMO. At the very least we'll have a more dynamic offense, and this team still has plenty of rebuilding to do, so I'd rather be entertained than watch fuckin' molasses on the field. Look, our team has needs at many positions after years of neglect under the CP regime, so it's not like our immediate needs far outweigh all of our other needs outside of a few positions.

boogblaster
04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Did we select any players with lupus ....

BigChiefFan
04-24-2010, 11:42 AM
It isn't a science at all.
Figure of speech. Don't play coy.

eazyb81
04-24-2010, 11:43 AM

nose tackle - suck
ILB - suck

Serious question: do you think Pioli and the coaching staff are unaware that our defense was weak against the run last year?

Could it be possible that the braintrust feels the poor running defense was due primarily to new players, a new scheme, a poor scheme, poor coaching from Pendergast and crew, etc, etc, etc? There are tons of variables involved.

Tactical Funky

Kindle = Injury prone

Cody = Questionable work ethic, weight issues

RJ

Don't go getting all Zen on us.

|Zach|
Figure of speech. Don't play coy.

I am just trying to understand the mind set of some here. You were implying they are not smart enough.

BigChiefFan
Fuck getting a starting NT, when you can have a slot receiver-that's VALUE. Sure fucking thing.

|Zach|
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Don't go getting all Zen on us.

Haha. Not zen but real.

Things...in business...and make no mistake. That is what this is a business.

Things in business happen for a reason.

|Zach|
04-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Kindle = Injury prone

Cody = Questionable work ethic, weight issues

And those are only the factors we know about.

eazyb81
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
And those are only the factors we know about.

Zach, we have access to the INTERNET, we know EVERYTHING!!!!

RJ
04-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Haha. Not zen but real.

Things...in business...and make no mistake. That is what this is a business.

Things in business happen for a reason.

Yes, but not always good reasons.

RJ
Wishing inner peace for Chiefs fans

Tactical Funky
04-24-2010, 11:46 AM

Sure seems like it when I read a majority of posts on this board.

Ebolapox
04-24-2010, 11:48 AM
This x1000.

a fucking moron who can't spell DO correctly has no place in adult conversations.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I am just trying to understand the mind set of some here. You were implying they are not smart enough.Yes, I'm implying that for a reason. A THIRD RECEIVER is not more valuable to a defense devoid of talent, when they don't even have STARTERS. We took a BACK-UP, instead of a starter, so yea that's pretty ignorant to do, when there were so many players that had value there and fit the position of need, where the starters aren't even acceptable. Again, it's not rocket science. Sorry, but Football gurus aren't up on some pedestal, they're just people exposed to football and understand the ins and outs of the games. More than a few are qualified to make acceptable judgements on players.

RJ
04-24-2010, 11:49 AM

Believe it or not, people had opinions about draft picks long before the internet. There were other sources for our incorrect or insufficient information.

Pawnmower
04-24-2010, 11:52 AM

I just don't see how you can say that so suddenly....Pioli didnt even have a full season last year really with his own staff...

Mr. Laz
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Serious question: do you think Pioli and the coaching staff are unaware that our defense was weak against the run last year?

Could it be possible that the braintrust feels the poor running defense was due primarily to new players, a new scheme, a poor scheme, poor coaching from Pendergast and crew, etc, etc, etc? There are tons of variables involved.
serious question: do you think there was a better nose tackle in this draft in the 2nd round than Ron Edwards?

Serious question: do you think there was a better ILB then Corey Mays availble to us in the this draft?

why putting it all on coaching when you have an upgrade fall into your lap?

Do both ... improve coaching and improve talent.

Pawnmower
04-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Serious Question:

Could the defense have played better if the offense would've made 1st downs?

The games I watched it was clear they got very tired after so many 3-outs.

Crush
04-24-2010, 12:03 PM

Then maybe we should switch back to the 4-3, but that completely negates the Tyson Jackson pick.

big nasty kcnut
04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Fuck that i think we had a good draft you got to be positive.

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2010, 12:10 PM

The only thing a person couild possibly glean from this post is you should not draft NT. Or QB. Or LT. Because... you know... so many of them fail.

Sanka
04-24-2010, 12:12 PM
Fuck that i think we had a good draft you got to be positive.

I was positive, and then the 2nd round came along.

|Zach|
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Yes, I'm implying that for a reason. A THIRD RECEIVER is not more valuable to a defense devoid of talent, when they don't even have STARTERS. We took a BACK-UP, instead of a starter, so yea that's pretty ignorant to do, when there were so many players that had value there and fit the position of need, where the starters aren't even acceptable. Again, it's not rocket science. Sorry, but Football gurus aren't up on some pedestal, they're just people exposed to football and understand the ins and outs of the games. More than a few are qualified to make acceptable judgements on players.

Do they have all the information?

I don't care about football gurus or people who make mocks. That is the exact person I am against here.

I am saying they don't know all the variables or have all the information needed to make a pick like the decision makers do.

Mr. Laz
04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Serious Question:

Could the defense have played better if the offense would've made 1st downs?

The games I watched it was clear they got very tired after so many 3-outs.what the fuck does that have to do with improving the defensive talent when you got the chance.

the key to a 3-4 defense is the NT and the linebackers ... our suck.

can we just outscore everyone?

this about which player can improve your team the most. I contend that improving the nose tackle or ILB postion world give us MUCH,MUCH more bang for our buck.

not to mention taking these guys in round 2 is terrible value

WilliamTheIrish
04-24-2010, 12:21 PM

Moeaki- A serious injury question mark that the team sacrificed a pick to move up for.

Again, the criticism from where I stand is: Do you take a risk on an a Kindle, who can improve the worst defense in the league, or do you sacrifice a pick to move up to take a small, non blocking, oft injured TE who missed as much college time as he played?

In my opinion, Moeaki has to start from day and equal the production of our three horrible TE's to justify this pick.

patteeu
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Rest assured I will remember all the QB's we passed on over the last 2 drafts,and probably next year as well,and be right here bitching and griping if they turn out to be great while we wasted all this time and effort on our "rookie" QB cassel.

Look at it this way. They've now given Cassel plenty of weapons and a reasonable offensive line so next season will be a fair test of his capability to be the long term starting QB for our Chiefs. If he succeeds, great. We can continue to build from there. If he fails, our record will probably be pretty bad and we'll have another top of the first round pick in a draft that figures to be heavy on QB prospects. It seems like a reasonable plan to me and it's proactive rather than reactive.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Criticize is fine and dandy. Yell and scream at not picking a need instead of a "type" of player you want is fair game. But its not the end of the world meltdowns that I see in almost every thread about the draft on here.

Dude, letting Clausen go to CAROLINA for a fucking RB/DB = FAIL.

notorious
04-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Dude, letting Clausen go to CAROLINA for a ****ing RB/DB = FAIL.

ROR, I didn't see you during the WWIII ultimate meltdown yesterday.

How are you handling things?

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 02:21 PM

I will back a pick when I think its a good pick. I will also pan it when I think its bad. I think there are some who will complain about our pick no matter what. I also think there are those who will back each pick no matter what. I didn't give CP a free pass for making stupid picks. I'm not going to give Pioli a free run either.Who is advocating we just be quite homers who don't speak ill of management?

There are plenty of Chief homer boards on the net. This isn't one of them. No one is advocating a change.

We just don't need to go of fthe deep end with the critism on the same day the picks are made. We have an opinion on whether the picks will be siuccessful or not. But, no one, I mean no one knows for sure, that "today" they know beyond a doubt whether these picks will be successful or not. All everyone has are opinions.

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2010, 02:29 PM
ROR, I didn't see you during the WWIII ultimate meltdown yesterday.

How are you handling things?

This is the Gods-honest Truth:

Knowing that,

a) Our O-line still sucks and is old, and

b) Next years QB class is primed,

I am looking forward to watching Cassel just get the living Fist-Fuck pounded out of him in 2010, and the beautiful day next April when we take one of three really great prospects.

I'm sorry the defense, JC, and the fans have to go through yet another year of "back to the Top 10", but that's how it's going down, and that's how it has to be until we get this horrendous mistake at QB FIXED.

Ari Chi3fs
04-24-2010, 02:30 PM
When the Chiefs have like 5 starters from the last 10 drafts, we tend to be a little less calm about shitty picks

patteeu
04-24-2010, 02:40 PM

Assuming that it's true that the Eagles were going to take McCluster at 37, Kindle/McCluster wasn't an option.

Assuming that Kindle is healthy, I wanted Kindle because I'm a defense homer looking for a better pass rush and also because I didn't know who McCluster was (my calculus was based on Kindle versus Benn). But they decided to go offensive playmaker instead of defense, McCluster sounds like he was a pretty decent alternative (compared to the other guys that were available then like Benn, Tate, and Gronkowski). Not to mention the fact that Kindle may not be the type of lockerroom character that they want to add to the team at this point.

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
When the Chiefs have like 5 starters from the last 10 drafts, we tend to be a little less calm about shitty picksI know, being a little less calm is okay. But the full fledge meltdown by some here.....:shake:

Sanka
04-24-2010, 02:42 PM
The 2nd round was karma for me laughing at the Donx drafting Tim Tebow.

|Zach|
04-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Dude, letting Clausen go to CAROLINA for a ****ing RB/DB = FAIL.

32 teams let him go AT LEAST once.

8 of them with QB concerns.

Fruit Ninja
04-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I still think in the first 2 rounds we filled positions of need. Just not the needs people here wanted to be filled. Next year maybe we will get that NT and them Linebackers. Why cant we do that next year as opposed to this year? Whats the difference?

This year, they wanted play makers, we got a few of them. We arent going to set the world on fire this year. THey know it, we know it, everyone knows it, but they got players that can help them in positions of need.

I just dont see a problem with it, Next year for all we know we can get a big nasty NT in the first. We dont know.

THey arent building this team for the 2010 season. its for the future. You dont go from 3 wins 3 wins 4 wins or whatever this nightmare has been, to a 12-4 team ready for the play offs.

patteeu
04-24-2010, 02:50 PM

nose tackle - suck
ILB - suck

They signed a NT free agent and changed both the D-Line coach and the DC after drafting defensive linemen at the top of the draft in the last two drafts. Clearly they didn't see doing additional work on the run defense as the top priority this time around although adding a couple of safeties will hopefully help prevent big play runs.

Slainte
04-24-2010, 04:05 PM
The streets are lined with camera crews
Everywhere he goes is news
Today is different
Today is not the same
Today I make the action
Take snapshot into the light, snapshot into the light
I'm shooting into the light

Four miles down the cavalcade moves on
Driving into the sun
If I worked it out right
They won't see me or the gun

Two miles to go, they're clearing the road
The cheering has really begun
I've got my radio
I can hear what's going on

I've been waiting for this
I have been waiting for this
All you people in TV land
I will wake up your empty shells
Peak-time viewing blown in a flash
As I burn into your memory cells
'Cos I'm alive

They're coming 'round the corner with the bikers at the front
I'm wiping the sweat from my eyes
-It's a matter of time
-It's a matter of will
And the governor's car is not far behind
He's not the one I've got in mind
'Cos there he is-the man of the hour, standing in the limousine
"I don't really hate you
-I don't care what you do
We were made for each other
-Me and you
I want to be somebody
-You were like that too
If you don't get given you learn to take
And I will take you."

Holding my breath
Release the catch
And I let the bullet fly

All turned quiet-I have been here before
Lonely boy hiding behind the front door
Friends have all gone home
There's my toy gun on the floor
Come back Mum and Dad
You're growing apart
You know that I'm growing up sad
I need some attention
I shoot into the light

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/p/peter-gabriel/album-peter-gabriel-3-melt.jpg

Mr. Laz
04-24-2010, 04:15 PM
They signed a NT free agent and changed both the D-Line coach and the DC after drafting defensive linemen at the top of the draft in the last two drafts. Clearly they didn't see doing additional work on the run defense as the top priority this time around although adding a couple of safeties will hopefully help prevent big play runs.
yep ... and as far as i'm concern, Pioli's job depends on result of that decision and when he decided that Cassel was his guy and refused to grab a replacement in case it didn't work out.

if he's gonna do this kind of goofy crap, his grace period is over and he needs to start winning more right now.

CanadaKC
04-24-2010, 04:24 PM
we had to put up with Ryan Sims, Sylvester Morris, the list goes on and on...Eric berry alone was worth it...sorry...but he's a leader and difference maker...I cannot wait to see him play in a Chiefs uni...

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-24-2010, 05:03 PM
yep ... and as far as i'm concern, Pioli's job depends on result of that decision and when he decided that Cassel was his guy and refused to grab a replacement in case it didn't work out.

if he's gonna do this kind of goofy crap, his grace period is over and he needs to start winning more right now.

Yep. I don't know about Flop, but .500 is back on again. And I don't give a flying fuck about how many teams passed on Clausen; you can't tell me Weis didn't want him and shit a subsequent brick when he was so close within reach.

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 05:50 PM

if he's gonna do this kind of goofy crap, his grace period is over and he needs to start winning more right now.Just like every GM that has come before him and after him in the NFL. Your job performance is tied to your QB choice. It's a fair condition for evaluation. He saw Cassel up close for years. If Cassell fails its a big reflection on his player evaluation skills.

redshirt32
04-24-2010, 05:50 PM
I thought Herm Edwards was drafting this year LOL just kidding

we will not know anything tell this year is over so its a wait and see what we got.
Frankly im pulling for the little guys we need field position special teams is a 3rd of the game we have a great punter and we may have gotten lucky with our new kicker last year.
Besides Jamall who can take it to the house a couple of special team scores and your going to win more than not.
Still alot of needs on the team but you got what they picked like it or not its the second year we still have another 2 years to see if they can pull this team out of the gutter. No one has for over 40 years let em play and see what happens its not all there yet but working in a good direction imo let em play

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2010, 05:53 PM
There is not a chance in hell that the Pioli era will be worse than what we suffered through these last 10 years of King Carl.

The way he's going, there's not a chance in hell Pioli fields a #1 unit on either side of the ball. At least Carl did that.

Oh, and blackouts.

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 07:52 PM
The way he's going, there's not a chance in hell Pioli fields a #1 unit on either side of the ball. At least Carl did that.

Oh, and blackouts.I'd be willing to bet hard cold cash that Pioli wil end up being a better GM than King Carl ever was.

Jerm
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM

Oh, and blackouts.

Those blackouts were the result of the shit Carl, Herm, etc. put us through.

To put those on Pioli, Haley, or anyone else in the current regime is a joke.

Count Alex's Losses
04-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Those blackouts were the result of the shit Carl, Herm, etc. put us through.

To put those on Pioli, Haley, or anyone else in the current regime is a joke.

Future blackouts will be all Pioli's fault.

Der Flöprer
04-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Yep. I don't know about Flop, but .500 is back on again. And I don't give a flying fuck about how many teams passed on Clausen; you can't tell me Weis didn't want him and shit a subsequent brick when he was so close within reach.

.500 or motherfucking bust.

mlyonsd
04-24-2010, 08:04 PM
I'd be willing to bet hard cold cash that Pioli wil end up being a better GM than King Carl ever was.

I find it funny people want to kick Pioli out into the street because he doesn't fill holes. Holes left by Dumb F Carl in the first place.

I wonder about some of the picks of this draft but will give it time to see what happens.

Ari Chi3fs
04-24-2010, 08:14 PM
I'd be willing to bet hard cold cash that Pioli wil end up being a better GM than King Carl ever was.

How cold?

Pawnmower
04-24-2010, 09:08 PM
what the **** does that have to do with improving the defensive talent when you got the chance.

Ummm...You answer your own question right here:

this about which player can improve your team the most.

I contend that improving the nose tackle or ILB postion world give us MUCH,MUCH more bang for our buck.
not to mention taking these guys in round 2 is terrible value

I actually think we are in agreement....for the most part. My contention is that improving the o-line will help the defense perform significantly better...So improving the defense + improving the o-line would be winnage.

BigRedChief
04-24-2010, 11:06 PM
How cold?http://rlv.zcache.com/ice_cold_tshirt-p235000055926853452q9ck_400.jpg

Der Flöprer
04-24-2010, 11:07 PM
poop deck smash sandwich

Nightfyre
04-24-2010, 11:52 PM
We had better draft a QB next year. That had better have been the strategy all along. Fuck.

Nightfyre
04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Just think:
2a) Clausen
2b) Golden Tate

2011:
1) Floyd

GG.

Der Flöprer
04-24-2010, 11:56 PM
the race for locker

kcmaxwell
04-24-2010, 11:59 PM
i heartliy agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleventy1!!!

BigRedChief
04-25-2010, 12:17 AM
the race for lockerROFL

Count Alex's Losses
04-25-2010, 12:28 AM
We are not drafting a quarterback next year.

SPATCH
04-25-2010, 12:46 AM
We are not drafting a quarterback next year.

Unless it's Locker or Mallett, I don't want him (however, a lot will change from now till then.... wait. this is retarded. i hate it when people start projecting the draft a year in advance.... fuck it. fuck this.)

LET"S GO MARK CASTLE

Count Alex's Losses
04-25-2010, 12:57 AM
I will not calm down.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zguvxg.jpg

OleMissCub
04-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I will not calm down.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zguvxg.jpg

you betrayed Shiva!

BigRedChief
04-25-2010, 01:01 PM
I will not calm down.

You need to channel this....
http://www.siam-palm.com/images/Patong_Beach_1.gif

Count Alex's Losses
04-25-2010, 03:51 PM
you betrayed Shiva!

Pioli Ma SHUCK DE DAY!

Ebolapox
04-25-2010, 05:24 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/ice_cold_tshirt-p235000055926853452q9ck_400.jpg

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, NOW LADIES: I WANT Y'ALL ON YO BADDEST BEHAVIOR....LEND ME SOME SUGAR, I AM YOUR NEIGHBOR!

Sweet Daddy Hate
04-27-2010, 07:15 PM
.500 or motherfucking bust.

We had better draft a QB next year. That had better have been the strategy all along. Fuck.

Straight-up, fellas.

Unless it's Locker or Mallett, I don't want him (however, a lot will change from now till then.... wait. this is retarded. i hate it when people start projecting the draft a year in advance.... fuck it. fuck this.)

LET"S GO MARK CASTLE

You, "GO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE", and don't forget to include Gabbert in your potential QB list from now on.
That's an order. :p

BigRedChief
10-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Time for a bump and reminder.

We are 3-1. We lost to Indy on the road. Our defense looks legit. We are on the right path. And most importantly...................

The Chiefs don't owe Cassel one thin dime. Nada a penny. Zip. 0, after this year. We can cut him without a single $ hit on the cap in 2011.

Jerm
10-10-2010, 05:17 PM

We are 3-1. We lost to Indy on the road. Our defense looks legit. We are on the right path. And most importantly...................

The Chiefs don't owe Cassel one thin dime. Nada a penny. Zip. 0, after this year. We can cut him without a single $ hit on the cap in 2011.

I'm calm about the game now and highly encouraged by a lot of things we saw.

This defense is legit and this team is legit.

We're one competent QB short of being a Super Bowl contender...having said that, I do think the Chiefs can get to the playoffs and make a run in spite of Cassel.

I'm still fully drinking the Kool-Aid.

Baconeater
10-10-2010, 05:17 PM

Yay. Never mind the fact that we're back to square one with the most important position on the field. Pioli wasted two goddamn years with this POS.

SNR
10-10-2010, 05:20 PM

The Chiefs don't owe Cassel one thin dime. Nada a penny. Zip. 0, after this year. We can cut him without a single $ hit on the cap in 2011.I would be calm if I knew Pioli was going to dump Cassel after this year.

I'm not so sure.

BigRedChief
10-10-2010, 05:23 PM
Yay. Never mind the fact that we're back to square one with the most important position on the field. Pioli wasted two goddamn years with this POS.No GM is going to hit on all their picks. But when you miss on a top 5 pick and a QB thats not good. Pioli isn't going anywhere for years. We can only hope he will get better. This draft is looking good. He hits like he did this year, we will be okay in the long run.

Bane
10-10-2010, 05:27 PM
I would be calm if I knew Pioli was going to dump Cassel after this year.

I'm not so sure.

The Congregation agrees with this.

Frazod
10-10-2010, 05:28 PM
We gave this game away. But a big red fucking bow on it and gave it away.

I don't want to hear about corner turning or how good we'll be at some mystical point in the future. To hell with that. Losers talk about moral victories. Winners fuck the prom queen.

:cuss:

OnTheWarpath58
10-10-2010, 05:29 PM
We gave this game away. But a big red fucking bow on it and gave it away.

I don't want to hear about corner turning or how good we'll be at some mystical point in the future. To hell with that. Losers talk about moral victories. Winners fuck the prom queen.

This.

grandllama
10-10-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm not going to read this whole thing, but I would guess the board imploded after the loss.

Why?

We are exactly what I thought we were. A young, upcoming, hit 'em in the mouth defense and a piece of shit offense.

The exact opposite of the DV days.

Our kids held the Mannings to one TD. And Manning's laser rocket arm was on full display.

We've sucked for many years. We are on the upswing. Enjoy watching the kids develop and when we hit the Super Bowl... you can sit there and reminisce on the pain we've endured and say... I remember that when that kid was a rookie....

grandllama
10-10-2010, 05:32 PM
We gave this game away. But a big red ****ing bow on it and gave it away.

I don't want to hear about corner turning or how good we'll be at some mystical point in the future. To hell with that. Losers talk about moral victories. Winners **** the prom queen.

I don't know what the fuck you saw on TV, but there was never any doubt in the stadium.

Our kids were outclassed.

Won't even talk about that POS offense. Fuck Bowe. Fuck Cassell.

Frazod
10-10-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't know what the fuck you saw on TV, but there was never any doubt in the stadium.

Our kids were outclassed.

Won't even talk about that POS offense. Fuck Bowe. Fuck Cassell.
Our HC and OC were clearly outclassed. Fuck the Colts. They are declining has-beens with a great QB, a pocketful of bought-off officials and a pussy dome to play in. Again, we should have won this game by at least two scores.

grandllama
10-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Our HC and OC were clearly outclassed. **** the Colts. They are declining has-beens with a great QB, a pocketful of bought-off officials and a pussy dome to play in. Again, we should have won this game by at least two scores.

I can't argue with anything you said. LOS was quite possibly the worst place I've ever seen a football game played.

That said, I still think you are making our coaching staff scapegoats for our shit hole offense.

Spott
10-10-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm calm about the game now and highly encouraged by a lot of things we saw.

This defense is legit and this team is legit.

We're one competent QB short of being a Super Bowl contender...having said that, I do think the Chiefs can get to the playoffs and make a run in spite of Cassel.

I'm still fully drinking the Kool-Aid.

We've been short of that for 40 years now.

Dayze
10-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Cassel just needs more talent around him.~

anyone who believes that needs to look at the rare pass plays we had; and in those plays, Cassel had / made a single read.....and STILL f'd it up.

Cassel is the weak link.
Period. He is not the answer - or even CLOSE to the answer.
He will be the downfall of an otherwise promising season; and IF they Chiefs make a change at QB it will most certainly be after it's too late.

BigRedChief
10-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Cassel just needs more talent around him.~

anyone who believes that needs to look at the rare pass plays we had; and in those plays, Cassel had / made a single read.....and STILL f'd it up.

Cassel is the weak link.
Period. He is not the answer - or even CLOSE to the answer.
He will be the downfall of an otherwise promising season; and IF they Chiefs make a change at QB it will most certainly be after it's too late.Change to whom? Brittle? He'll be hurt before he takes his first snap. He hasn't proved a damn thing but the fact he has a strong arm. You have to have more than a strong arm.

I met Brittle and his wife once. Talked for over a 1/2 and hour. Just me and them. Very nice couple. Brittle seems like a smart guy. But, he is a small guy. He looked like a shrimp standing next to me.