PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs DRAFT WRAP-UP PRESS CONFERENCE

Pages : 1 [2]

RedThat
04-24-2010, 10:15 PM
The questin is, why aren't you negative?

What does anyone have to be positive about?

Did you just become a fan in the last couple of weeks.

I've watched this organization fail to make the moves and take advantage of opportunities for 40 ****ing years.

I'm sick of it.

I want a ****ing SB winner, and the moves this regime is making leads me to fear that the only SB win I see in my lifetime was in 1970.

19****ing70.

I know. I hear ya. I feel your pain.

But just remember things could be a lot worse. Imagine being a Cubs fan? That's gotta be rough.

Messier
04-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Should we fire Pioli?

L.A. Chieffan
04-24-2010, 10:53 PM
i wonder if haley is gonna make mccluster drop some weight before camp///

BossChief
04-25-2010, 04:48 AM
I just sat back and watched the whole thing and some things I want to point out that I didnt know are that

1) McCluster played WR his first two years in college. Its not a new position for him.

2) this press conference was scheduled to end 10 minutes before the UDFA period started. They couldn't even call players till the actual draft ended and the PC was done during the comp picks that cant be traded.

3) Arenas is FAR more productive than people give him credit for.

Rukdafaidas
04-25-2010, 06:09 AM
I trust Romeo Crennels ability to gauge talent of NTs a lot better than any 20 of us combined. Romeo and Pioli obviously value the position and know what to look for and for some reason they didnt like what they saw this year. If Romeo thinks Williams can offer us a stop gap till we have a elite guy to man the position, I trust that.

There is a reason Troup was overdrafted and we passed on "elite" talents at the position. Crennels comments after coaching him in the shrine game

I have to say it, it gets a little old hearing some of you guys bitch and moan like you know everything about a player.

Am I happy with this draft?

YES, overall I would have to say so. Looking back... a decent draft gets you a player or two...a good one gets you 2 or 3, anything more than that is gravy.

We just drafted what looks to be at least 4 starters. 2 that are probowl and even all pro caliber.

Do I think we picked the best "players" on the board that translate to our team at every pick?

NO, but again I am not privy to the necessary information that relates to how the player (and person) translates to a millionaire pro football player.

Carry on with the whining.

Amen.
I'm willing to give them 3 or 4 more years to turn this thing around. It's silly to think we know more about what's going on than these guys do....it's their job and they get paid a lot to do it.
There were some guys (positions) I would have rather had, but I'll trust their judgment. They also know more than me about what they currently have and what their plans are in free agency.

Count Alex's Wins
04-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Amen.
It's silly to think we know more about what's going on than these guys do....it's their job and they get paid a lot to do it.

So we shouldn't question anything they do?

Rukdafaidas
04-25-2010, 06:36 AM

Hell no, you can question anything you want. I'm just choosing to see the plan unfold.
I realize there are a lot of people on here who know a lot about these players. But, there's a lot of information that they can't get their hands on.
Our GM and coaches know a lot more about our current team than we could possibly ever know. They watch these guys play 2/3rd's of the year. They know their abilities and potential. We watch them 20 days/year, maybe a few days more if we go to training camp. They also know a lot more about the game of football than any of us. I'm a pretty knowledgeable fan, but I'm not going to say I know more than our golfer coach.
They also have more insight than we can get on prospects. We can't call up their former coaches and discuss their strength's/weaknesses. We can't watch their private team workouts. Hell, 99% of us wouldn't even know what to ask them to do or what to watch for at a workout.

Messier
04-25-2010, 08:07 AM
So we shouldn't question everything they do?

FYP

Count Alex's Wins
04-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Nobody is questioning the Berry pick, and few are questioning the guard pick.

Crush
04-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Should we fire Pioli?

Yes, because it gets rid of Cassel. Having Cassel as the QB is what happens when AIDS and Cancer kiss in the closet and make babies. We'll never be contenders as long as Cassel is our QB.

boogblaster
04-25-2010, 08:13 AM
Mecca simplified the draft .. short-route passing game ... plus a tackling safety ...

Messier
04-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Nobody is questioning the Berry pick, and few are questioning the guard pick.

I just think it's hilarious what the draft brings out in people. They pick someone you like-"Yes! Alright! Pioli might work after all, my prediction, we might go 10-6 or 9-7. Make a pick you question-"Damn Pioli and his family! He's worse that Peterson ever was!!!! No way we win more than 5 games next year.

Count Alex's Wins
04-25-2010, 08:18 AM
I just think it's hilarious what the draft brings out in people. They pick someone you like-"Yes! Alright! Pioli might work after all, my prediction, we might go 10-6 or 9-7. Make a pick you question-"Damn Pioli and his family! He's worse that Peterson ever was!!!! No way we win more than 5 games next year.

We're going to have the worst front seven in football because of this draft.

Generally teams like that don't win more than 5 games.

milkman
04-25-2010, 08:23 AM
We're going to have the worst front seven in football because of this draft.

Generally teams like that don't win more than 5 games.

With the third pick of the 2011 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select......

penchief
04-25-2010, 08:23 AM

Questioning is fine. Expressing one's contrary opinion is fine. Being disappointed that they didn't draft a player you coveted is fine. But acting like you know better and have the expertise or inside knowledge to declare this draft a failure is baseless.

It gets old listening to people who think they know more than anyone else criticize and condemn those who are trying to succeed and whom have more at stake if they fail.

Some people around here personally invested themselves in their opinions to the point that they surrender all objectivity. Their non-stop bitchfest and premature condemnations of Pioli and Haley have gotten out of hand at times. Armchair GMs can be really annoying.

Count Alex's Wins
04-25-2010, 08:28 AM
It has nothing to do with expertise or inside knowledge.

IT'S FUCKING OBVIOUS.

As obvious as it was when we drafted Kris Wilson.

While it may get old listening to us bitch, it gets even older watching the Chiefs suck ass year after year after year.

Count Alex's Wins
04-25-2010, 08:29 AM
With the third pick of the 2011 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select......

We'll trade down so we can stockpile our defense.

No need to take a quarterback.

Messier
04-25-2010, 08:42 AM
It has nothing to do with expertise or inside knowledge.

IT'S ****ING OBVIOUS.

As obvious as it was when we drafted Kris Wilson.

While it may get old listening to us bitch, it gets even older watching the Chiefs suck ass year after year after year.

Well then seriously why didn't you go into scouting or coaching? You know more than the Chiefs front office people, no matter who it is from Carl to Pioli, it's obvious, and it seems anyone should be able to do it. Get your ass down to One Arrowhead Drive and tell them what to do! Don't just bitch, do something about it!

Count Alex's Wins
04-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Well then seriously why didn't you go into scouting or coaching? You know more than the Chiefs front office people, no matter who it is from Carl to Pioli, it's obvious, and it seems anyone should be able to do it. Get your ass down to One Arrowhead Drive and tell them what to do! Don't just bitch, do something about it!

You should get into professional fellatio, because apparently it's what you do best judging from your repeated defense of Pioli and Haley, who have done nothing to earn that oral pleasure.

Messier
04-25-2010, 09:20 AM
You should get into professional fellatio, because apparently it's what you do best judging from your repeated defense of Pioli and Haley, who have done nothing to earn that oral pleasure.

Oh yeah, well the jerk store called and they're running out of you!

But really, you're right, they've done nothing yet, and Haley might not be the right coach for the Chiefs, but I'll wait. I like Pioli, I really do, I think he knows what he's doing and I'll give him a few years before calling him Carl 2.0. I did what you're doing with the Royals a few years back. I got so tired of the losing that I found myself actually rooting against them, and to this day I'm happier when they lose. I never want to get to that place with the Chiefs where I get a smug, told you so, satisfaction when the lose.

milkman
04-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Oh yeah, well the jerk store called and they're running out of you!

But really, you're right, they've done nothing yet, and Haley might not be the right coach for the Chiefs, but I'll wait. I like Pioli, I really do, I think he knows what he's doing and I'll give him a few years before calling him Carl 2.0. I did what you're doing with the Royals a few years back. I got so tired of the losing that I found myself actually rooting against them, and to this day I'm happier when they lose. I never want to get to that place with the Chiefs where I get a smug, told you so, satisfaction when the lose.

That is the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

I don't know how old you are, but I would bet that I have been a Chiefs for longer than you have.

I've been pissed about more decisions that this team has made over the years than I've been happy, and I have been right more often than I've been wrong.

But after 40 years, I'm still pissed that I've been right more often.

I don't get any ****ing satisfaction from it.

You are just a ****ing tool.

Messier
04-25-2010, 09:33 AM
That is the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

I don't know how old you are, but I would bet that I have been a Chiefs for longer than you have.

I've been pissed about more decisions that this team has made over the years than I've been happy, and I have been right more often than I've been wrong.

But after 40 years, I'm still pissed that I've been right more often.

I don't get any ****ing satisfaction from it.

You are just a ****ing tool.

You sound like a freakin' child. And you sound miserable. Stop following the team if they make you so unhappy you idiot!

milkman
04-25-2010, 09:38 AM
You sound like a freakin' child. And you sound miserable. Stop following the team if they make you so unhappy you idiot!

Fuck off you useless prick.

At least I have a passion for the team I follow and don't get some smug satisfaction that they are losers.

That is far more pathetic that what I feel.

Messier
04-25-2010, 09:45 AM
**** off you useless prick.

At least I have a passion for the team I follow and don't get some smug satisfaction that they are losers.

No it's not. You have passion but it's the kind that must suck to feel. Don't get into a pissing match about who loves the Chiefs more, that's very 7th grade of you. I live and die with the Chiefs but I remain optimistic. I have more respect for fans of other teams that defend their team and hope for the best, over those that say they "tell it like it is!" like a bunch of Jack Harry jrs.

Messier
04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
**** off you useless prick.

Oh, and **** off!

CosmicPal
04-25-2010, 09:48 AM
CALM THE F*CK DOWN!

milkman
04-25-2010, 09:50 AM
No it's not. You have passion but it's the kind that must suck to feel. Don't get into a pissing match about who loves the Chiefs more, that's very 7th grade of you. I live and die with the Chiefs but I remain optimistic. I have more respect for fans of other teams that defend their team and hope for the best, over those that say they "tell it like it is!" like a bunch of Jack Harry jrs.

Passion tells you that you still have an investment in the thing you love.

Smugness simply tells you that you have given up all hope.

In spite of everything else, I still have hope that this team will eventually get it right.

It's sad that you've abandoned all hope.

Reerun_KC
04-25-2010, 09:52 AM

In spite of everything else, I still have hope that this team will eventually get it right.

I am not getting into this pissing match about who is the better fan, but your assumptions are quite amusing to say the least....

-King-
04-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Funny how claythan went from jerking Cassel off with both hands last year to this...

Young drafturbator in training.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
04-25-2010, 09:59 AM
I am not getting into this pissing match about who is the better fan, but your assumptions are quite amusing to say the least....

This is not an assumption.

This is personal experience.

The moment I became smug about Jayhawks hoops under Roy Williams was the moment I lost any hope, and I have not been able to get any pleasure from the game since.

As long as I have a passion, even angry passion, then I have something to look forward to.

Messier
04-25-2010, 10:01 AM

I think you have our viewpoints reversed.

milkman
04-25-2010, 10:07 AM
I think you have our viewpoints reversed.

I think you are full of shit, and I've already explained why.